Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 21, 2017 6:51 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Sun, fun, smiles, and swimsuits!
Yeah right, that's just the girls' imaginations lul

Pretty funny episode. I still love how Yohane makes her poses and there's also more of a competitive vibe. Really love the team spirit of everyone this episode. I definitely enjoyed the performance this episode too.
Stark700Oct 21, 2017 8:19 AM
Oct 21, 2017 7:24 AM
May 2017
Damn it(Frenzied)BUT WHY LITTLE DEMON NEVER WEAR BIKINI??????!???? No MAN can be seduced by such childish one pieced swimsuit.Even Flat nico and Rin(must be boy??) could wear bikini...and For Hanamaru,too.these duo cant be Little demon.they are just gutless pups.小悪魔はビキニを全然着ずに..Kleiner Teufel trägt überhaupt keinen Bikini
N1ghtwingOct 21, 2017 7:49 AM
Oct 21, 2017 7:42 AM

Dec 2014
The first years making fun of Yohane lol. The discussion about how to get to the live's location was quite fun, they also managed to slip in a fan service skit. Very nice costumes for today's performance, the song wasn't bad either. Finally we are getting into Love Live!

Nice daydreaming skills right there Chika ;D
"Tsukamaetene, he-heh"...

AnathorOct 21, 2017 9:21 AM
Oct 21, 2017 8:11 AM

Dec 2014
Cool ep with a great song, I love it.

I'm also happy that they didn't use first op song at the end as they did in LL S2.

I think they plan to make a cover of one muse's song for the encore after Aqours won the Love Live. A cover of "Start Dash" would be so great imo !

It would certainly be "Bokura wa ima no naka de" or "Kimi to no life" if they really do this, but it would be a bit disappointing I think
Oct 21, 2017 8:15 AM

Dec 2014
Glorious episode, that was so so good. <3
I don't know why but I find each episode more funny than the last. They're really nailing the comedy.

Chika's rooftop stunts are quite dangerous.
I love how You and Riko had to feed the information to Chika about how the two live shows coincided. xD

That discussion on how to get too both the places was so much fun, Pilot Chika. XD
FINALLY, THE YOUSORO I WAS WAITING FOR, Not one but two. <3
Riko on the sky glider was absolutely hilarious. xD

Cika-You hagu!! If only Riko joined in, that would've been pure bliss. <3

The first years making fun of Yoshiko was pure gold, we need more scenes like that. xD

That Rock Paper Scissors game was intense as hell, That Hanamaru cheat to make Yoshiko win made me laugh so much.
That skit before the lottery though. xD

Not one but two performances this episode, awesome! Really enjoyed them both, I loved the outfits for 'My Tonight'. Dia's in particular looked stunning. I really love how they use Dia's hyper mode to full effect in the comedy and her elegance in other places.
The sisterly love is so strong, it's blinding. <3
Kanan actually got an alternate hairstyle? Holy shit! This is the biggest news in the entire episode. XD

Mikan roller coaster needs to be a thing in amusement parks. :3

I was kinda surprised to see Kimi no Kokoro wa Kagayaiteru Kai as the second song since they usually do new ones but it was great too. Loved the bubble visual effects and the whole rainbow thing.
The overflowing optimism of this episode is what I always need. <3

The final shot with the bubbles and the sun rays was beautiful.

DIA episode next? More hype!
Lelouch0202Oct 21, 2017 8:28 AM
Oct 21, 2017 8:31 AM

Sep 2013
Holy shit they got some fucking godlike stamina. New song is so good.
Oct 21, 2017 9:00 AM

Oct 2012
This by far is the best episode out for the 2nd half so far because the first 2 episodes admittedly I was a bit bored.. but this episode actually gave me feels and made me feel like I was holding back a tear because it was so beautiful when they sang together and worked to make it back.

ALL ABOARD THE FEELS TRAIN!

I also enjoyed that Chika really "shined" in this episode being that she's my second favorite character in sunshine.
Oct 21, 2017 9:06 AM

Feb 2015

This scene had me rolling in laughter, there's so much expression going on here, that you just can't help but to laugh.

Oct 21, 2017 9:07 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Ah loved the episode and Chika's attitude. Like despite the odds she always stayed positive and tried to find ways to make it to both events. Funny how it came to a Mikan field that helped them make it on time. I liked Chika's reaction when they were riding that card, so cute :)

Leave it to the Fallen Angel to draw the lottery lol
That song and dresses were divine, so far my favorite outfit from Aquors, it really matched the song imo.

Chika almost falling off the roof when she was talking to Riko xD
"nani nani"

Oct 21, 2017 9:15 AM

May 2017
This episode was really fun to watch! Loved the scene where Yoshiko was chosen to do the lottery by playing rock, paper, scissors with Dia (with a bit of help from Hanamaru lmao). I like the new song, too!
Minor detail, but Mari saying "whoops" was one of the best things from this episode lmao

Overall, had me smiling all throughout.

Also, I'm seeing more and more parallels between this season and the original LL, especially with the next episode being titled "Don't Call Me Dia-san". Reminds me of how Eli didn't want her fellow members to call her "Eli-senpai".

Oct 21, 2017 9:18 AM

Aug 2015
4/5
I liked how they put Kimi no Kokoro inside the anime just like how they put Borarara for the original project. But, some things bugging me like if the car got there in time, why don't they just ride the car instead..? Lol XD
And yeah, one of the reason I give this episode a 4 is because the love live! Qualification.. I mean, you got the time to compliment each other's clothes when it's your turn to perform? It's too weird...
But the insert nice is pretty nice, Dia is really beautiful <3 the song itself reminds me of Katanagatari.. XD
Meira_EveOct 21, 2017 9:21 AM

I'm starting to get embarrassed by my own forum signature line.. XD
Oct 21, 2017 9:23 AM

Jan 2014
Episode was really fun to watch, loads of cute and funny moment that made me smile ^^, just what you'd expect from LL. What made it great for me was the insert song. Boy did it touch the right notes.

xPianoManxOct 21, 2017 9:28 AM
Oct 21, 2017 9:42 AM

Aug 2008
Love Live, you did it again.

The new song and performance are amazing. I love it when I instantly click to a new song. The choreography and cinematography are real fun, and Ruby DID A FANTASTIC JOB with the outfits. I LOOOVE them. Dia looked especially pretty in hers. Wow!

The surprise here was at the end with a re-purposed Kimi No Kokoro Wa Kagayaiteru Kai? performance. The best difference between the TV version and the full version was that at the very end of the performance where you see the girls come in on the screen one by one. In the TV version, they reversed it. So it's like seeing the original scene byt rewinded. I love little changes like that.
Oct 21, 2017 9:48 AM

Apr 2013
This music was amazing, I love these songs with a traditional japanese vibe (like some of Hatsune Miku's songs as Senbonzakura). Time to search for "MY Mai☆TONIGHT" full version.

Btw, Daya was stunning in this outfit:

Oct 21, 2017 9:53 AM
Feb 2016
So even though it was made clear they had no way of making it to both events, they made it anyway with some rollercoaster bs
Oct 21, 2017 10:08 AM
Apr 2009
What was the name of the song for the love live quali?
Oct 21, 2017 10:15 AM

Apr 2013
Hi3i said:
What was the name of the song for the love live quali?

"MY 舞 ☆TONIGHT" ("my mai tonight" - "my dance tonight"):

It's appears at episode credits: https://i.imgur.com/2jLzq2C.jpg .
Hardgore_LasagnaOct 21, 2017 10:21 AM
Oct 21, 2017 10:19 AM

Jun 2016
So many cheesy moments this episode. Hihi. But it's tolerable for me. These girls' imaginations are beyond me. Haha. Cuties.

I need that song they performed at the Love Live! on my phone NOW. And ugh their costumes, though. It looks so beautiful on them especially Dia.

Glad they managed to make it at the Open House. So proud of these girls. :)

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Oct 21, 2017 10:48 AM

Dec 2012
5/5
Finally, a good episode S2
Finally, a good Aqours song MY MAI☆TONIGHT
Oct 21, 2017 11:26 AM

Jun 2011
Absolutely loved the new song they peformed, "My Mai Tonight" and the outfits looked absolutely mesmerizing.
I was so happy that they also made it to the open house, and the best part is they performed a revamped version of their original PV, "Kimi no Kokoro wa Kagayaiteru kai?" I was always wondering whether or not they were going to perform it in the anime at all.

Next episode is about best girl Dia, my prayers have been answered.

Sande said:
So even though it was made clear they had no way of making it to both events, they made it anyway with some rollercoaster bs

Your first mistake was expecting no crazy and serious antics to occur.
This is Love Live, even the original had the u's girls doing crazy stuff.

Plus, to be fair, what they used was basically a shortcut.
I do the same thing whenever I drive around, I always take short cuts to get to my destination and to avoid traffic. :P

Meira_Eve said:
4/5
I liked how they put Kimi no Kokoro inside the anime just like how they put Borarara for the original project. But, some things bugging me like if the car got there in time, why don't they just ride the car instead..? Lol XD

Well to be fair, there probably wouldn't be enough space to fit them all in there, and even if they did get a second car, there's still a chance they would have been stuck in traffic and be late. Also, as they are the performers, they need to arrive there earlier than the main audience.

Also, a comment I found on the reddit forum this episode,

"From what someone on Discord shared, the issue is the road. The travelling distance from the school to the venue (by road vehicles) would require them to twist and turn around Shizuoka.
The mikan cart is effectively the most direct path, as opposed to twisting and turning around the roads.
The Takami sisters might have timed themselves to leave early, but Aqours need a quick get-away.
Actually, Mari's helicopter would have solved the episode's problem."
Rayn3698Oct 21, 2017 11:43 AM
Oct 21, 2017 11:43 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
im just gonna post everytime that this is one of the greatest things to ever happen to anime

>/////////<
Oct 21, 2017 11:44 AM
Dec 2011
There was actually news few days ago that Kimi No Kokoro Wa Kagayaiteru Kai? would be performed in the second season. Didn't expect it to come this fast.
Oct 21, 2017 11:47 AM

Aug 2017
I love it when they put Kimi no Kokoro wa Kagayaiteru Kai in the end there :).
Just a Tactician
Oct 21, 2017 11:56 AM

Sep 2013
The open house delayed to the same day as the qualifiers but it all works out at the end with the shortcut through the mandarin mountain.
The song was good, real Japanese feeling and a redone 1st PV song.
The gags are nice but so 4th wall forced slapstick or something, like dude yohane and mandarin in mouth 'diamond face XD
Oct 21, 2017 12:12 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
ps: Chika has a nice ass, good thing best girl gets the booty shots xD
Oct 21, 2017 12:48 PM

Jun 2017
wow i can't believe kanan finally got her happy party mikan train

this episode was all sorts of cute. and riko & you are getting more and more in sync
i think the "my tonight" performance was their best so far. the outfits and song are just perfect (and You looks so great in the blue<3)
Oct 21, 2017 12:53 PM

Jun 2015
Woah, I did not see Kimi no Kokoro wa Kagayaiteru Kai coming. The other song was awesome too. Such a beautiful episode.
Oct 21, 2017 1:44 PM
Jul 2018
dia is queen, looking stunning in that outfit ♡♡♡
Oct 21, 2017 2:15 PM
Jul 2018
When Happy Party Train is on low budget.
More like Edgy Party Train.

I cried a bit at the KimiKoko sequence like, wtf rly?

New song, Dia as center? Or together with Ruby?
And Dia-focused episode nxt week? We've been blessed desu wa~
Oct 21, 2017 2:44 PM

Dec 2012
Enjoyable & funny episode.

2 great performances. It's not Aqours without all 9 members. Glad they were able to do the Love Live qualifiers & the Open House.

LOL Yohane & her luck. Everyone looks great in their outfits.

That train ride was funny.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Oct 21, 2017 6:33 PM

Apr 2015

This defines my reaction in this part
Riko-chan best character s2

🌙 Sailor Moon 🌙

Oct 21, 2017 6:42 PM

Aug 2015
why the hell is nobody mentioning Mari's air guitar thing

The new song instantly became my favorite, I have a soft spot for this kind of music linking modern and traditional styles... I couldn't believe my ears when it started, I was like... it's too good, I do not deserve this, I AM NOT WORTHY
Oct 21, 2017 7:19 PM

Jan 2016
Groen90 said:
why the hell is nobody mentioning Mari's air guitar thing

The new song instantly became my favorite, I have a soft spot for this kind of music linking modern and traditional styles... I couldn't believe my ears when it started, I was like... it's too good, I do not deserve this, I AM NOT WORTHY

Oh god Mari's so glorious, I love her! I saw that too during the song :)

This episode was very good, the girls have all good chemistry and I'm happy they got to sing together. I was afraid at first because Riko didn't sing the first time for the Love Live and I was starting to think they would never sing together fort it.

The mikan scene was the best imo, Kanan breaking the thing made me laugh so much!

And the song in traditional outfits, omg, it was so good. The outfits, the music, the dance, everything was good. Mari and Dia in particular were very beautiful (Kanan's always beautiful of course, but I'm not found of buns).

Well, Aqours is really growing on me and I'm slowly starting to like them as much as U's. But I hope they are going to have a movie too, because for U's it was really the apotheosis of the show and it made me cry so hard.
TeneffyOct 21, 2017 7:24 PM
Oct 21, 2017 7:23 PM
Jan 2017
Loved the episode. The new song reminded me of c3's op

https://youtu.be/MDK0ti5cn2o

If all the upcoming songs are this good then this might top food wars s3 for the fall season
Versace-SenpaiOct 21, 2017 7:26 PM
Oct 21, 2017 8:08 PM

Mar 2017
Man does nobody have a car? xDD
Oct 21, 2017 9:22 PM
Dec 2007
is there a song that serves as the base for My mai? i swear ive heard a different arrangment of at least a very similar song before

currently working on an independent story project
view it here http://firathmagi.deviantart.com/
Oct 21, 2017 10:03 PM

Dec 2013
The dance transitions were so smooth!

MY Mai☆TONIGHT was an amazing centre song for Dia and Ruby.

Oct 21, 2017 10:29 PM

Dec 2013
kowalski_1123 said:

Oct 22, 2017 2:07 AM

Sep 2011
Damn. Dia's so beautiful on that first live.

Oct 22, 2017 3:03 AM

Sep 2014
Love Live is my favorite show of all time, but the amount of times I facepalmed in this episode, I'd be diagnosed with brain damage. Does Japan have no Uber? Can't they rent a car? Chika's sister got back in time for the school concert, they could have just hitched a ride! I shouldn't be complaining though since since it was overall one of the funniest episodes of Love Live. Preview for Episode 4 is interesting though, I didn't realize that weighed heavily on Dia. Everyone calls each other by their own names without honorifics except Dia. Kanan and Mari call her just Dia, but the rest still use -san.
Oct 22, 2017 4:01 AM
Sep 2017
Neraizel said:
kowalski_1123 said:

'happy party roller-coaster' modified
Oct 22, 2017 4:28 AM

Oct 2015
Hah. Good episode! The new song has a different feel than their other songs, still pretty good!. Judging by the preview we'll get drama w/ Dia :o
Oct 22, 2017 5:15 AM

Apr 2012
love this episode! the song was great and hearing Kimi ni kokoro... on the open house is very reminiscent of Muse performing Bokura no live kimi to no life back then.
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

Oct 22, 2017 7:16 AM

May 2015
Finally a great insert song with great costumes and so on :D

Already made a piano cover since she was kinda stimulating
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 22, 2017 8:12 AM

Sep 2013
Zensoku zenshin, yousoro!!
Oct 22, 2017 11:54 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
CrimsonRavioli said:
Surprised that tram could move so fast with that fat hick riding in it.

EcchiKingMamster said:
ps: Chika has a nice ass, good thing best girl gets the booty shots xD

This guy knows what's up, except the best girl part.

i know shes not very popular among the girls but i love her so much XD

they be low-key showin us the goods

EcchiGodMamsterOct 22, 2017 11:58 AM
Oct 22, 2017 1:12 PM
Jul 2018
firath said:
is there a song that serves as the base for My mai? i swear ive heard a different arrangment of at least a very similar song before

There's a strings arrangement of this song that was played in episode 2.
Oct 22, 2017 3:09 PM
May 2011
Anathor said:
The first years making fun of Yohane lol. The discussion about how to get to the live's location was quite fun, they also managed to slip in a fan service skit. Very nice costumes for today's performance, the song wasn't bad either. Finally we are getting into Love Live!

Nice daydreaming skills right there Chika ;D
"Tsukamaetene, he-heh"...

MY SKIN IS CLEAR THE SUN IS SHINING MY CROPS ARE FLOURISHING I AM BLESSED MY SOUL HAS BEEN CLEANSED
Oct 22, 2017 3:25 PM

May 2015
Oh wow, those were pretty nice performances and songs.

Decent episode.

Oct 22, 2017 6:02 PM

Oct 2012
Wow, another great episode, and with two songs no less, it's pretty much given now that S2 is HUGE improvement since S1.
And what's important - the characters and their interactions now clicks a lot better with me than it did before.

Seems like the episode one wouldbe the only one real letdown of this season but let's see where we go next.

Hardgore_Lasagna said:
"MY 舞 ☆TONIGHT" ("my mai tonight" - "my dance tonight"):

Still wondering how did they animate it, seems like hairs and bodies are 3D but faces are almost always hand-drawn (did they put those frame on 3D models?), and there seems to be kind of hi-quality motion capture, motion tracing or rotoscoping going on, really don't know.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Love Live! Sunshine!! 2nd Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 30, 2017

129 by JoJoLaRow »»
Apr 21, 11:34 PM

Poll: » Love Live! Sunshine!! 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 16, 2017

68 by JoJoLaRow »»
Apr 16, 12:51 PM

Poll: » Love Live! Sunshine!! 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 28, 2017

58 by JoJoLaRow »»
Mar 21, 12:46 PM

Poll: » Love Live! Sunshine!! 2nd Season Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 14, 2017

92 by JoJoLaRow »»
Mar 18, 11:23 AM

Poll: » Love Live! Sunshine!! 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 7, 2017

115 by JoJoLaRow »»
Mar 17, 10:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.