Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 10, 2017 8:38 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I am in LOVE with the OP song for this

The first part of this episode was an L for us all....A hot springs episode with no hot girls in the water and the main guy took an even bigger L at the end xD...But the guy in the second part was a huge dick, he deserved what happened to him
TokoyaApr 10, 2017 8:59 AM
Apr 10, 2017 9:22 AM

Jun 2015
The Opening Theme is growing on me a lot, especially after listening to most of the OPs for this season's animes... still feel that this one tops the lot. Will definitely keep a look out for the single CD.

As for this week's episode, I liked the first story much better. Second one was meh, but both stories had good moral messages in them.

Hoping for more diversity in the types of people and ages in the future episodes. That'd be cool!

Apr 10, 2017 9:25 AM

Jan 2015
That's it, as long as you realize he's a "Salesman", no need to worry about the reason behind his kindness. xD
And the second part... That's just perfect. The feeling of "Prey" that become "Predator".
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Apr 10, 2017 11:59 AM

Jun 2013
Felt bad for the first guy, but the second one turned into a total dick!
Apr 10, 2017 1:09 PM

Jan 2015
Definitely liked second part more. I wonder if that barmen knows who Mr. salesman really is, i'm ready for some theories >_<
I really wonder if that place where second guy worked exists, that seems too good to be true. So that second guy really turned out into a person who he hated. Oh the irony...
I'm getting used to those laughs tho ^^ and the opening is quite nice!
Apr 10, 2017 1:55 PM

Sep 2013
Ed > Op

Guy gets carried away on geisha drinks,
The salaryman that quit turning like his boss was forced as hell xD
Apr 10, 2017 2:51 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Like the first episode, the second story was way better than the first one.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Apr 10, 2017 3:11 PM

Jun 2013
the OP is werid but really good
Apr 10, 2017 5:21 PM

Sep 2014
Didn't like this as much as the first episode, but I still enjoyed watching this.
Apr 10, 2017 8:19 PM

Jan 2015
First story was alright, never get that wasted because bad things will happen to you. Also:

Second story was good, that asshole deserved exactly what he got. Although I kind of preferred the first episode but I will continue to watch this.
Apr 10, 2017 8:27 PM

Jan 2013
I'm finding the twists at the end of each story kinda lame and uninspired.
Not as clever as I'd like
Apr 10, 2017 9:29 PM

Aug 2014
Alcohol, women, and extortion again. Who's writing these first parts, the collective housewives of Japan?
Sieg Zeon!
Apr 10, 2017 10:15 PM

Aug 2015
I wish the actual show was half as good as the OP.
Apr 11, 2017 1:59 AM

Nov 2010
My favourite OP for this season!
Personally I like the first episode more than this one especially the second part of the first episode.

Apr 11, 2017 3:54 PM

Dec 2016
I feel like I would like this series more if they included some people that actually have a good end to their story. That second story was seeming close to one but so far the series is just people that deserve it. Ya'know what i'm saying!!??
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Apr 12, 2017 12:30 AM

Oct 2008
Moguro...you sly salesman! DON! (BOOM!) lolz
4/5.

Apr 14, 2017 8:27 AM

Nov 2008
DarkFatalKnight said:
First story was alright, never get that wasted because bad things will happen to you. Also:

Lol, thank you for screencapping this, had a laugh. Was another decent episode, I can see the people who enjoyed the earlier series enjoying this one too alot.
Apr 17, 2017 11:09 AM

Feb 2008
ichii_1 said:
Guy gets carried away on geisha drinks

Gets invited to a drink, ends up staying with a hooker what a madman. In a way you do feel bad about him getting fucked over, but on the other hand he's cheating on his wife and abused the kindness of the salesman.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Apr 20, 2017 3:11 AM

Dec 2015
Starting to wonder about wich version I should stop watching...

3/5 Those expecting more complex virtue tales should search somewhere else (there are some good movies around that)

@QuattroVaginas Money, alcohol, sex and frustrations, what do you exactly expect from tales about 70s-80s salarymen? ^^

@TheFreycook @rvbrick Keep your hopes low. ;)

edit @rvbrick It's not like there was a narrative progress throughout those shows (the NEW lacking any link between its two segments), you can just start any episode of both animated series and watch it. Unlike Creamy Mami I started with Live-Evil before being stuck (no complain: a french editor released it later).
May I point out the episode 8 of Warau Salesman to you? (in this one, the victim actually learns something)
Rei_IIIApr 20, 2017 6:37 AM
Apr 20, 2017 9:15 AM

Aug 2014
Rei366 said:
@QuattroVaginas Money, alcohol, sex and frustrations, what do you exactly expect from tales about 70s-80s salarymen? ^^

Is this even an adaptation of the source, or an original extension? This new series is definitely contemporary, not that the lives of salarymen has changed much. If original, the main theme is overindulgence, so they can easily have more diversity, even with salarymen, e.g. the second part of this episode.
Sieg Zeon!
Apr 20, 2017 8:45 PM

Jan 2017
QuattroVaginas said:
Alcohol, women, and extortion again. Who's writing these first parts, the collective housewives of Japan?

This ^^^

Gets really repetitive
Jun 8, 2017 3:34 PM

Jun 2017
watched the 2nd episode.

For the 1st part:
-seems like the episode they remade this time hasnt been translated,as i never saw a similar episode before.

-not sure about weather the woman in the ending was his wife or the inn's owner who looks like her, and it is implied that she was the one who was with him last night so i think the "DOOM Finger"altered his vision.

overall a good episode though.

As for the 2nd part, I didnt like it nearly as much as the first.

-i find it hard to believe that a "fake rehabilitation company"like that could ever exist,but it had too many people for it to be made up by the LS, not to mention that it continued to exist when the episode ended,so we are supposed to believe that it is a real company in that world. and that the victim never heard of it despite working very close to it. My suspension of disbelief is being very stretched here.

-having him repeat the EXACT same lines that his boss said to him earlier was too much. he could have said similar stuff and it would have delivered the meaning just fine. the exact same thing was just too much.

-i feel that the LS was actually made much less imposing in the remake in general. in the original both his size and his aura were much bigger. he still looks intimidating,but not nearly as much.

-also, i feel the remake focuses far more on the drinking than the original. the original featured drinking too,but it wasnt THAT pushed. some episodes didnt even have any drinking,and most only had a light dose of it while the LS talks with the victim.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Warau Salesman New Episode 12 Discussion

Mascera - Jun 19, 2017

24 by CopperTyrant »»
Jan 5, 2023 1:08 PM

Poll: » Warau Salesman New Episode 3 Discussion

Mascera - Apr 17, 2017

14 by Sr_Alpha »»
Aug 30, 2022 2:07 PM

» YO THIS OPENING BOPS

Reaperoflight - Feb 8, 2022

3 by anikevin »»
Jul 21, 2022 1:21 AM

Poll: » Warau Salesman New Episode 11 Discussion

Mascera - Jun 12, 2017

15 by Reaperoflight »»
Feb 28, 2022 12:56 AM

Poll: » Warau Salesman New Episode 5 Discussion

Mascera - May 1, 2017

24 by Sakuta002766 »»
Nov 28, 2020 2:29 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.