Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 2, 2016 6:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Whoa that was intense. Nobunaga is just so intimidating while Shimazu and the elves marches with their attack with explosive arrows (props to Nobunaga's idea to craft the arrows with them)

Looks like we get to see more of how the elves live in their usual lifestyle. Thought the comedy this episode was okay, a bit too much with Nobunaga's gags though. The episode showed perhaps a glimpse of what Black King's plans will be. Scary.
Stark700Dec 2, 2016 7:02 AM
Dec 2, 2016 7:32 AM

Dec 2014
Great episode again, Awesome take over of the armory.

Love how Oda's gunpowder bombs wrecked havoc.
The stone charms were put to use really well, Pretty cool how Hannibal gave Oda the hint to getting past the first gate.

One of my favorite parts about the episode was Oda talking about communication technology, To us it's pretty much everyday stuff, but the invention of communication technology has revolutionized our lifestyle in so many ways. I doubt we could even imagine life today without communication tech.

Okay wow, They literally started eating inside. XD Oda's shout for rice was pretty funny.
Toyohisa intimidating the guards for their surrender was really awesome, He even through the bone inside as kind of a symbolic gesture as to what would happen them. :3
I loved that little moment where Toyohisa sort of reassured Yoichi saying that this was their fight.

Interesting showcase of the Black King at the end, He's basically trying to build a monster civilization. Drifters Expansion pack for Civilization incoming xD
The Bronze dragon looked really menacing.
Dec 2, 2016 7:34 AM

Jan 2012
Dwarf liberation went well. Gunpowder and Olminu's tits err...walls made the difference. XD Nobunaga's concern for the starved eating to death reminded me of the Holocaust survivors. Intentionally considering Hitler existed here.
Dec 2, 2016 7:38 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
These revelations were awesome.
Dec 2, 2016 7:40 AM

May 2015
Wooohoooo. THat was awesome. Give me more. ;)
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Dec 2, 2016 7:45 AM

Dec 2015
I thought for sure Nobunaga would lose his mind this episode xD. The strategy used in this anime is always impressing, I was hoping for a little more action but oh well, it fill in with other stuff. Looking forward to the next ep!
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Dec 2, 2016 7:55 AM
Feb 2016
As expected this trio definitely will work well with each other. Each of them complements what the other member lacks. Haha be it the Drifters or the Ends they each have their own goal and role to play it'd be nice if they can attain peace with each other though.

Hope the Dwarves won't get mad with Toyohisa for releasing the guards and may all of them come together and fight side by side.
Dec 2, 2016 8:04 AM

Apr 2014
Elves: check

Dwarves: check

Time to liberate the Hobbits

Dec 2, 2016 8:29 AM

Aug 2012
What an epic anime, it bothers me that losers already writing reviews of it just seeing a couple of episodes, like how pretentious can people get?
"Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something."
- Plato
Dec 2, 2016 9:26 AM

Jul 2014
As usual, this was a good episode if we ignore the intrusive comedy.
Dec 2, 2016 9:40 AM

Nov 2014
Nobunaga didn't get his appreciation in thus battle. No food for him. Poor Nobunaga
Dec 2, 2016 9:46 AM
Apr 2016
I believe Black King was a simple man like Toyohisa, who was betrayed by the humanity and saw evil in them. It simply would not make any sense making him a major historical or mythical figure, but was he a simple man fed up with inhumane humanity, trying to bring "justice" to oppressed species, would not it send the message across? In the end, it's all about the symbol, the message.
Re:formed
Dec 2, 2016 9:49 AM
Mar 2016
EPIC , man EPIC.........................................................................
Dec 2, 2016 9:58 AM

Jun 2013
NExt Next Episode!!!!!!!

I was Waiting this...Hannibal and Olminu Show us why they are Bad Ass in their Own way!!! SARCOPHAGUS OLMINU!!! Might be One Spell...but Mastery of that Spell is Master Class! And Dementic Hannibal is better strategist than Nobu huh? XD

Heh...Nobu might have slandered Shimazu clan before but in reality he acknowledged them huh? XD

So Drifters are here to bring new Thoughts and thinking to this world...new Technologies....new ways to make Life go forward.... EVOLUTION in other hands....

And now Toyo really got Yoichi's Loyalty...X) Stop him going after fleeing soldiers...aka no need to be monster. =) Loyalty get....

JarjaxleDec 2, 2016 10:34 AM
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Dec 2, 2016 10:32 AM

Sep 2009
For you guys complaining about comedy; through the episodes it has been reduced and better timed and also somewhat successful in its comedic aspect.
Really good stuff.
Dec 2, 2016 10:35 AM
Oct 2016
Very good episode, I feel they could have handled some of the jokes better but I liked the sly Dr. Slump reference they slipped in.
Dec 2, 2016 10:36 AM

Sep 2013
Toyo is a battle genius and dominates the battle, Oppaiinu is also prodigy.
That gunpowder bombs and bomb arrows XD

Letting everyone eat and intimidating their opponents with it, tactics galore :)
Now Jesus has some heavy hitting dragon's joining him and is teaching the monster's how to farm :O

Dec 2, 2016 10:42 AM

Nov 2011
I'm genuinely suprised,that they didn't translate the plank of wood on Dwarf barrack. Those who wonder what it says, in manga it says(offical translation): "Work makes you free" and this is reference to "Arbeit macht frei". This is the infamous slogan used on several Nazi concentration camps.
OnbuuDec 2, 2016 11:40 AM
Dec 2, 2016 10:47 AM

Jun 2015
This episode was awesome. The tactics that were used were pretty smart. Nobunaga used gunpowder to his advantage. He was also amazed by the sphere. Sending messages has never been easier. Hannibal was helpful when he gave Nobunaga a suggestion. I started laughing when they were eating xD Toyohisa gave that guard a tough choice. He is very loyal to tradition. Interesting to see the intentions of the Black King. The Bronze Dragon at the end looks very cool.
Dec 2, 2016 11:14 AM

Feb 2014
The Bronze Dragon is supposedly the weakest out of the six great dragons, yet its size is freaking huge! I wonder if some of the other great dragons are larger than this one...

The combat for the episode was fantastic. Same goes for the tactics used by Olminu and Toyohisa that took down the heavy armoured unit. I was genuinely surprised when they decided to have a feast after freeing the Dwarves, even though the enemy hadn't given in by then, but either way, Toyohisa's threat made them surrender.

The Black King's plan is to wipe out all the humans and replace them with the monsters, who as we see at the end, have learned enough about agriculture so that they can start digging up fields in which they can grow food in. If that didn't take them that long to learn agriculture, then I would think that it won't be long before they get to the point that they can fight on level terms against the Elves and the Dwarves in battle.

I hope that the Drifters can put a stop to the Black King's plan before that happens.
Dec 2, 2016 12:11 PM

Dec 2013
Love the use of the bombs in this episode.

Wtf
Dec 2, 2016 12:35 PM

Sep 2014
Great episode.The siege is over and the dwarves now are free as well.Also,it seems the Black King tries to create a new civilization consisted by monsters.
Dec 2, 2016 12:48 PM

Jun 2013
To capture the castle, they bomb the place lol. That was pretty cool. I liked how Nobunaga was astonished by the kind of technology or magic which was in his hand. Olminu and her friends see this as nothing more than a convenient tool, but for someone who never even thought in his wildest imagination that something like this could exist, this is something big. I also liked how that "princess" ate a grape and then ate the same grape again after some 20 seconds. That was cool.

The dwarves are free now. They don't care who saved them; all that matters to them is that they're free. Lol they started to have a feast right in front of their enemy. Now Nobu can get his guns made.
Dec 2, 2016 1:22 PM

Jun 2013
damn that was amazing and stopping in the middle of a battle to eat that's so badass
Onbuu said:
Those who wonder what it says, in manga it says(offical translation): "Work makes you free" and this is reference to "Arbeit macht frei".

Dec 2, 2016 1:39 PM

Aug 2015
It was a very interesting episode. Certainly my favourite.
"Vaut mieux se suffire à soi que finir assoiffé dans le monde des apparences."

Dec 2, 2016 2:34 PM

Nov 2015
despite the comedy, it was a good episode

Dec 2, 2016 3:00 PM

Sep 2014
pretty nice episode, we get some more developement for the characters and the black king = jesus theory became even more obvious.
I wonder if Toyo will soon face a problem he cant overcome alone, because so far hes flawless. Yes he had help all the time, but all the praising for him in this episode made me wonder if he actually will have weak moments.

Im totally checking the manga once this anime is over, because imo the story so far really interesting. More famous characters could show up (I wonder if caesar will be in it, he could be an interesting character. Maybe for the ends? After all he was pretty much betrayed by his comrades) the conflict could get bigger with more technology and strategy for the war. There is just so much that could happen.

PS: Just checked, no episode count confirmed so far? Long running series incoming? hyyype
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Dec 2, 2016 4:17 PM

May 2015
Damn, they sure know how to come up with great plans and utilize ingenious (at least, in the world they're currently in) ideas. The enemies don't have the slightest of chances, lol. I love it.

Great episode.

Dec 2, 2016 4:33 PM
May 2012
Lelouch0202 said:
Great episode again, Awesome take over of the armory.

Love how Oda's gunpowder bombs wrecked havoc.
The stone charms were put to use really well, Pretty cool how Hannibal gave Oda the hint to getting past the first gate.

One of my favorite parts about the episode was Oda talking about communication technology, To us it's pretty much everyday stuff, but the invention of communication technology has revolutionized our lifestyle in so many ways. I doubt we could even imagine life today without communication tech.

Okay wow, They literally started eating inside. XD Oda's shout for rice was pretty funny.
Toyohisa intimidating the guards for their surrender was really awesome, He even through the bone inside as kind of a symbolic gesture as to what would happen them. :3
I loved that little moment where Toyohisa sort of reassured Yoichi saying that this was their fight.

Interesting showcase of the Black King at the end, He's basically trying to build a monster civilization. Drifters Expansion pack for Civilization incoming xD
The Bronze dragon looked really menacing.

The interesting part is that the next episode name is "baba yetu", main theme of civlization IV. Also, "Baba Yetu" means Father's prayer in Swahili (Quenian language), another hint of who the Black King is
Dec 2, 2016 5:10 PM

Sep 2015
I thought the stone wall trap explosion was impressive but the stone wall arrows shot by Yoichi was genius!!
Dec 2, 2016 5:27 PM

Nov 2008
Anyone knows if this anime will end soon? or is it a 20+ ep?
Dec 2, 2016 5:44 PM

May 2015
Man i just loved watching these guys fight, and I really loved that moment at the end between Toyo and Yoichi.
Dec 2, 2016 6:08 PM

Jan 2016
The craftyness of this battle was insane! gotta say i love this one!, and fancy the ending (NEKONEKO!!!) and who were they? and The fact over ends plan is quite scary . i mean being a savior for the monsters o.O that somethin! well can wait for another intense episode of hilarious humor and awesomeness with blood.
really looking forward to it!
cause MAL is doing there job for once.
Dec 2, 2016 7:16 PM

Oct 2011
Awesome episode. so goooood
Dec 2, 2016 7:24 PM

May 2015
Toyohisa is a warrior to the core.

If the Drifters were an RPG party, their roles might be as follows:
Toyohisa - Warrior
Nobunaga - Black Mage
Yoichi - Archer
Dec 2, 2016 7:41 PM

Dec 2014
an intense episode again..... well I think each end as his own background story to tell... I am interested who is the black king anyway.... It would be so funny if he is a manga artist or something
Dec 2, 2016 9:11 PM

Dec 2012
ibraheem234 said:
an intense episode again..... well I think each end as his own background story to tell... I am interested who is the black king anyway.... It would be so funny if he is a manga artist or something

You still haven't figured that out?
Dec 3, 2016 12:15 AM

Mar 2013
It was nice episode.

The use of strategy was great.
Dec 3, 2016 12:37 AM

Nov 2016
This episode was awesome. Toyohisa was damm kind and contrarian (a person who takes a contrary position or attitude) person.
Dec 3, 2016 3:02 AM
Jan 2016
OrangeJP said:
Elves: check

Dwarves: check

Time to liberate the Hobbits
Heyy we still need some orcs
Dec 3, 2016 5:39 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Loved how Hannibal came up with the tactic to climb the wall.Oppai's stone walls can be used in many ways.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Dec 3, 2016 5:50 AM
Nov 2016
There I no "way things should be" in this world. ~murasaki

It's kinda reassuring to have Toyahisa as your leader. He's warrior's code may be crazy but you ought to agree to his decisions. Comedy as always is hideously cute. I just love to laugh at them.

Nice episode!
Dec 3, 2016 7:04 AM

Oct 2015
Is this really going to end at episode 12... going to be interesting to see how they pull it off.
Dec 3, 2016 7:50 AM

Jun 2015
I enjoy their battles to the utmost. Nobunaga is perfect.
This part too was perfect.

If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Dec 3, 2016 7:52 AM

Jun 2015
rizuxizu said:
Is this really going to end at episode 12... going to be interesting to see how they pull it off.

I hope they follow the manga and prepare for season two.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Dec 3, 2016 7:53 AM

Jun 2015
gnerkus said:
Toyohisa is a warrior to the core.

If the Drifters were an RPG party, their roles might be as follows:
Toyohisa - Warrior
Nobunaga - Black Mage
Yoichi - Archer

pretty much this is what they are now we don't need RPG
Dec 3, 2016 2:21 PM

Mar 2016
mmmm I do have to say Yoichi is a very beautiful man

no homo

Well at least the Black King is becoming less of an omnicidal mwahaha maniac; I also liked the strategy used but the enemy could have put up a better fight.
Aure0linDec 3, 2016 3:59 PM
"I like young-girl sexual creations, Lolicon is just one hobby of my many hobbies," he says.
I ask what his wife, standing nearby, thinks of his "hobby".
"She probably thinks no problem," he replies. "Because she loves young boys sexually interacting with each other."
Dec 3, 2016 3:58 PM

Apr 2014
Pretty good episode. An interesting way of using gunpowder, and having a fucking feast infront of your enemies. What a savage!
Dec 3, 2016 4:00 PM

Apr 2014
poppyface said:

no homo
I'd fuck him in the ass, definitely no homo.

Dec 3, 2016 4:05 PM

Mar 2016
Milk_is_Special said:
poppyface said:

no homo
I'd fuck him in the ass, definitely no homo.

same no homo

he's practically a trap anyways
"I like young-girl sexual creations, Lolicon is just one hobby of my many hobbies," he says.
I ask what his wife, standing nearby, thinks of his "hobby".
"She probably thinks no problem," he replies. "Because she loves young boys sexually interacting with each other."
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Drifters Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 21, 2016

205 by nick_el_son »»
Jan 19, 9:39 AM

Poll: » Drifters Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2016

167 by JackFrost1267 »»
Jan 3, 9:47 PM

Poll: » Drifters Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 9, 2016

119 by MizuhoKamui »»
Dec 16, 2023 8:44 AM

Poll: » Drifters Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 11, 2016

129 by MizuhoKamui »»
Dec 15, 2023 6:38 PM

Poll: » Drifters Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 16, 2016

81 by fathandz »»
Dec 10, 2023 1:04 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.