Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sailor Moon Eternal Edition
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 25, 2016 7:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Usagi is in love~

I'm not fond of the Death Busters tbh, seems pretty stereotypical for antagonists.
Chiba-usa got more screen time than I had thought. Glad that she was able to connect a bit with her new friend though. I thought the violin play was decent.

Apr 25, 2016 7:58 AM

Oct 2009

change into a man suit...and come to idol concert...
Apr 25, 2016 8:05 AM

Dec 2014
Love the throwback to Minako's Sailor V days. Glad they kept that from the manga!
Apr 25, 2016 8:56 AM

Nov 2013
Not good episode.
Disgusting random gender bendering, Haruka in ugly grandma's dress (and why Usagi knew about this dress and Haruka's female side at the beginning of episode?), lame and lazy animated fight.
I enjoyed Michiru/Sailor Neptune look and voice acting. And ChibiUsa was really cute.
3/5
Apr 25, 2016 8:58 AM

Mar 2012
queenako slaying again is such a bless to watch

finally uranus and neptune introduced themselves
Apr 25, 2016 8:59 AM

Jan 2011
That HotaruxChibiusa Scene was so sweet and the Helicopter Scene wow. Chibiusa got shared so many valuable information lol. Minako using her Sailor V Compact to transform damn yeah! And Ami finally showing her next Attack Aqua Mirage. So much similarity to the version from Ami-chan Special, I just love it:

And at the end World Shaking and Deep Submerge OMG I got a Nostalgia overdose right now x__ x

*Warning spoiler for the next episode*
This will be a horribly loooong week... *sob* :'C

Edit: Changed the Vid to one with a comparison (SM Special vs SMC)
RaffApr 25, 2016 10:49 AM

Apr 25, 2016 9:18 AM

Jun 2012
Raff said:
This will be a horribly loooong week... *sob* :'C

Better that, than 2, sometimes 3 weeks of waiting :) Great episode, i love they had every little detail from manga, like Minako Sailor V compact, Chibi Usa outfit at concert ;)
Apr 25, 2016 9:51 AM
Apr 2015
Actually, in the manga, Mimete calls for Kaolinite's help, but in this episode, she summons the Daemons all by herself.
Apr 25, 2016 9:54 AM

Sep 2008
I crying...
Sailors Uranus and Neptune introduction reminded me how much I like old version...
that music... crying forever... because new one don't have it what first one have
and these attacks...
It hurts!
I had no idea how much this will be hurt!
No matter how they gonna animate their attacks...
Ogata Megumi's "World Shaking" is the best!
Wow... this really take time before I get used to new Sailor Uranus ;(

But...
damn it...
HarukaxUsagi scenes!
I'm ready for me! *.*

I'm so in love with ending theme! <3
I can't really explain, but I feel like I already listen music like this before...
that style... where I heard music it?
Can somebody tell me composer of ending song? :)
Apr 25, 2016 9:59 AM
Mar 2016
Starting from the animation, it's stable in quality and still pretty, thank goodness! I loved Usagi and Mamoru's awkwardness between them, I can't wait to see how it will evolve next week! Hotaru and Chibiusa together are so damn sweet <3 Minako was hilarious, so glad for this Sailor V throwback <3 Mercury's new attack was so beautiful, it totally reminds me of her attack in SuperS' special <3 Haruka and Michiru are surely stepping up their game, they get more and more screentime and what I also enjoyed is that their attacks weren't fully shown, like there are still things to be shown about them (not that I was waiting for the attacks to think that lol). OMG WE GOT A PREVIEW OF THE HOLY GRAIL, next week's episode is gonna be interestiiing ;P
Apr 25, 2016 11:27 AM

Feb 2016
Stark700 said:

I'm not fond of the Death Busters tbh, seems pretty stereotypical for antagonists.

That's the 90's anime advantage over manga/Crystal - antagonists often hadsome kind of reason for being evil, they weren't just evil for being evil.

Gvendoline said:

Disgusting random gender bendering

Gender-bending (omg, it sounds like some kind of magic, like from that anime about air-benders [Avatar?] xD) was the best part of this episode (and manga act). I love how queer Haruka is in this version!

glamazon said:
queenako slaying again is such a bless to watch

"I see it, I want it, I stunt, yellow-bone it
I dream it, I work hard, I grind 'til I own it
(...)
Sometimes I go off, I go hard
Get what's mine , I'm a star
Cause I slay " xD

Raff said:
And Ami finally showing her next Attack Aqua Mirage. So much similarity to the version from Ami-chan Special, I just love it

I really need to watch this special. :D And I thought that this attack was brand new (well, it was for me xP).

Johnny_B said:
Actually, in the manga, Mimete calls for Kaolinite's help, but in this episode, she summons the Daemons all by herself.

Yea, and also in the manga:

LittleStar said:
I crying...
Sailors Uranus and Neptune introduction reminded me how much I like old version...
that music... crying forever... because new one don't have it what first one have
and these attacks...
It hurts!
I had no idea how much this will be hurt!
No matter how they gonna animate their attacks...
Ogata Megumi's "World Shaking" is the best!
Wow... this really take time before I get used to new Sailor Uranus ;(

I also like the old music better, it had more "soul" in it. Don't worry about the attacks, new soldiers took everyone by surprise, so they showed only part of their attacks, I bet we'll se them in their full glory. ;)

ChrisAlex said:
I loved Usagi and Mamoru's awkwardness between them, I can't wait to see how it will evolve next week!

I also like this tension, because it makes Usagi's and Mamoru's love less sweet and perfect and more human. Who wouldn't be charmed and confused like Usagi, when some super-hot person starts to flirt with them. xD

Also, I'm glad that we've seen only 1 transformation in this episode... :P
Apr 25, 2016 11:38 AM

Jan 2014
Yay for more Michiru and Haruka! We're seeing them lots without pushing aside other characters, which is nice to see.

The Talismans are obviously very important McGuffins, seeing as all the Inner Senshi dreamt about it and Michiharu are looking for it.

I feel like the latter have a vested interest in Chibiusa, which will probably come to involve Usagi at a later date.
Apr 25, 2016 12:05 PM

Sep 2008
Violent_Muffin said:
I also like the old music better, it had more "soul" in it. Don't worry about the attacks, new soldiers took everyone by surprise, so they showed only part of their attacks, I bet we'll se them in their full glory. ;)

Yes! ♥
It had such impact! *.*

*starts from 1:36*

Oh... This give me so many feelings~

Well... I don't really care about their attacks...
ok, maybe a little...
I pretty sure, this gonna be another blow for me.
But that's ok... I will get used to it...
It will take some time... but I will get used to it...
Apr 25, 2016 12:34 PM

Jan 2011
Violent_Muffin said:
Raff said:
And Ami finally showing her next Attack Aqua Mirage. So much similarity to the version from Ami-chan Special, I just love it

I really need to watch this special. :D And I thought that this attack was brand new (well, it was for me xP).

Well it wasn't a masterpiece, but still a enjoyable special. Many praised the improved animation quality in the transformation and the attack. Seems like the quality in the SMC version is better, than the old special one :)

Violent_Muffin said:

Especially the violin part, I just love it. The old OST has such a dramatic vibe and gives the OUTers a characteristic and OUTstanding style. Still hoping for a remixed version of the old Uranus/Neptune transformation OST in SMC :x *fingers crossed* Or at least something on par.

RaffApr 25, 2016 12:38 PM

Apr 25, 2016 4:26 PM

Jun 2008
Wow all those moments between Haruka and Usagi had me go "doki doki" o-o and I ship them 8D They're really are trying to push that shoujo-Ai factor though :X can anyone tell me if the original anime and the manga was like this as well?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 25, 2016 4:53 PM

Mar 2013
Finally I was waiting for Neptune and Uranus's introduction. okay Haruka really threw me off this episode and Usagi just admitting she likes haruka regardless of her gender also michiru is also doing the exact same thing but with mamo chan. lastly the transformation sequence was 36 seconds someone please tell me to stop so i don't have to do this every week.
Apr 25, 2016 4:55 PM

Jun 2007
That is the one thing that I do miss from the longer adaptation; villains getting developed as characters. Eudial was one of my favorite villains from the original series.
Apr 25, 2016 5:11 PM

May 2010
LittleStar said:
Yes! ♥
It had such impact! *.*

Aww, I love it, one of my favourite tracks of all time <3 I miss Ogata's "world shaking" as well ;_; But I do like the Crystal version of her too, I can feel seiyuu puts her whole heart into this character.

And to be honest, I've never been this big fan of "manga" Haruka, like her fondness for leather and skirts. Manly personality and look suits her a lot better imo.

Other than that - sweet episode, can't wait for the next one. I loved that bit with embarrassed Mamoru, when he wanted to invite Usagi to Michiru's concert :3
Also, I know it's just me, but Crystal's Kaolinite looks SO MUCH like Melisandre from GoT I don't even, lolz.
Apr 25, 2016 6:28 PM

Oct 2011
WORLD SHAKING
DEEP SUBMERGE OMG <33
Apr 25, 2016 7:00 PM

Mar 2009
ZA WARUDO...SHAKING.
sorry. wrong anime.

Chibiusa and Hotaru are so cute together. I've been really enjoying their scenes together.

And all those Haruka x Usagi scenes.
sweatingman.jpg
Apr 25, 2016 7:53 PM
Jul 2011
Another great episode!!!
Uranus and Neptune finally introduced themselves, I was expecting for this moment since the third season had beginning!
Just like I said before, the old version, the manga and right know "S" saga still the best one for me!
Apr 25, 2016 9:55 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Gotta love Minako sneaking out an using her Sailor V device to transform into a Mugen Academy.
Minako is life, Minako is love

The Chibiusa scenes were quite interesting. How she heals Hotaru with her crystal, then she gets a ride on a helicopter. So we know a bit more about Hotaru's, mainly what he does.

World Shaking and Deep Submerge, such a nostalgic memory. We've seen 3 of the big outer senshi moves, Dead Scream being the other one. The hype was worth the wait, Deep Submerge is my favorite senshi attack so it was very nice to see it again.
I'm hoping we get to see Sailor Saturn's attack, pretty much forgot the name of it.

Overall very good episode.

Apr 26, 2016 1:14 AM

Aug 2013
Where's my 5 minute transformation scene? I demand it every episode.

I hope we get to see their full attack next time :)
Apr 26, 2016 2:36 AM

Jan 2011
LovelyHikari said:

World Shaking and Deep Submerge, such a nostalgic memory. We've seen 3 of the big outer senshi moves, Dead Scream being the other one. The hype was worth the wait, Deep Submerge is my favorite senshi attack so it was very nice to see it again.
I'm hoping we get to see Sailor Saturn's attack, pretty much forgot the name of it.

Overall very good episode.

Very high chances, like with Jupiters Sparkling Wide Pressure Attack, that Plutos Dead Scream will be remade to look like the 90' Anime version. Her SMC Season 2 Attack, waving her Garnet Rod around, was ridiculous ;P We'll see in a couple of episodes, same as

Apr 26, 2016 3:16 AM

Nov 2012
TheTsunami said:
That is the one thing that I do miss from the longer adaptation; villains getting developed as characters. Eudial was one of my favorite villains from the original series.

yeah i have to agree with this, i'm quite enjoying this season so far but knowing we won't see mimete again hurts a little. :c
Apr 26, 2016 4:03 AM

Jun 2009
silverwalls said:
knowing we won't see mimete again hurts a little. :c

Hey, the series isn't over yet.
Waiting for: God Eater (PSP)

私が、探偵だからよ。
Apr 26, 2016 4:11 AM

Aug 2013
I definitely miss the filler that was in the original series. I feel like everything happens so quickly in Crystal.
Apr 26, 2016 6:31 AM

May 2010
Lol these highschool girls can even ride helicopters.

That violin play was beautiful!

Yes finally some more Minako being Minako <3

And yay, the senshis are officially here!
Apr 26, 2016 2:48 PM
Oct 2009
I'm really thinking about dropping this series. This cuck stuff going on with usagi and mamoru has triggered me beyond belief that I can get no enjoyment out of the show. To the point that I hate the new senshi. It makes no sense that usagi has sudden homosexual feelings out of the blue like this.

This is, for lack of a better term, retarded. I'll give it one more episode.
Apr 26, 2016 3:38 PM

Oct 2010
cheeko_gal said:
I'm really thinking about dropping this series. This cuck stuff going on with usagi and mamoru has triggered me beyond belief that I can get no enjoyment out of the show. To the point that I hate the new senshi. It makes no sense that usagi has sudden homosexual feelings out of the blue like this.

This is, for lack of a better term, retarded. I'll give it one more episode.
Usagi was always a little curious about Haruka. Definitely some of her gayest moments. And Michiru was constantly flirting with Mamoru and he likes it tbh. They both just want to fuck some rich celebrity lesbians.

Save your NTR crying for when they get to the sailor stars shit
Apr 26, 2016 9:28 PM

Jul 2011
I'm having a hard time liking this.

At first I thought it was good. The animation looked a little better, they got rid of CGI transformation, it felt like they were making the characters more fun, the other Scouts were helping in the battles, and even the story seems alright. Still I'm not enjoying it.

First the battles are way to short. I know they're trying to make this like the manga and to what I have seen they are super short, but I feel for an anime they should make the fights last a bit longer. They're just beating them with really no effort at all. It also feel's like they're trying to put a lot into 1 episode. I can't explain it well, just felt like they put in a lot of stuff in this episode.

I'm going to finish it, but I'm not going to like it.
Apr 26, 2016 11:32 PM
Feb 2015
Omg things are getting more interesting can't wait to see what happens next. My only complain is what's going on with my UsagixMamoru moments I need to see them or else I'll be one depressed SM fan D:
Apr 27, 2016 5:16 AM

Aug 2007
finally I watched the episode. Like it. About Mina and her obssesion with idols, (ejem, Mimete) I remembered the Mina from the 90 anime series.
Apr 27, 2016 6:25 AM

Nov 2014
Omg... sailor uranus is so cool! I don't know how this will turn out !

Apr 27, 2016 5:48 PM
Mar 2009
Yes, the old soundtrack was better!
Transformation of Uranus e Nepture was better too!

Like Chibiusa and her friendships with Hotaru.

Don't like so much Haruka/Usagi scenes... :/
Apr 27, 2016 6:32 PM

Jan 2015
LittleStar said:
Violent_Muffin said:

Yes! ♥
It had such impact! *.*

Well... I don't really care about their attacks...
ok, maybe a little...
I pretty sure, this gonna be another blow for me.
But that's ok... I will get used to it...
It will take some time... but I will get used to it...

About that, you probably already know, but just in case for the rest, the person who played most, if not all, the violin parts was Vanessa Mae, a very talented violinist and very popular at that time. That´s why the melody sounded like glory.

I didn´t know she was the one playing those melodies until several years later XP. It was a jawdrop moment for me XP.
Apr 30, 2016 3:09 AM

Apr 2009
Estherella said:
Wow all those moments between Haruka and Usagi had me go "doki doki" o-o and I ship them 8D They're really are trying to push that shoujo-Ai factor though :X can anyone tell me if the original anime and the manga was like this as well?

I can't quite remember if Haruka kisses Usagi on the original anime. I really doubt she did though. I know for sure Haruka and Usagi did have their moments, and so did Michiru and Mamoru but not as much as this new Crystal series.

And yes, all of this did happy from the manga. o uo b
Well the whole UsagixHaruka MamoxMichiru thing. Kisses and all :v

There's even a scene where in Sailor Moon Stars (last season) in the manga where Minako has her elbow on Rei and she's staring at the starlights (when they were men anyhow) and tells them "We don't need men"
that was the Tokyopop translation though, not sure about the new translation.

But they said that I think because they were saying they only need their princess..? But yeah kinda still a shouja-ai thing but it could also be loyalty to Usagi/serenity. xD
http://40.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdokhp5aGw1qdyi3xo3_1280.jpg
Click it! :D
Apr 30, 2016 12:30 PM

Apr 2013
This new season is so much better than Toei's previous abomination. I love the edginess (and badassness) of Haruka and Michiru so far. A very nice Hotaru and Chibi-Usa moment in this episode as well along with Minako making for one hilarious idol fan ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

And with the official release of the OP, "New Moon ni Koishite", I am one happy fan.
Apr 30, 2016 11:50 PM

Jul 2008
I do miss the outer senshi attack music from the old series, but other than that, great episode.
May 2, 2016 11:10 AM

Jul 2008
Estherella said:

I love the HarukaxUsagi moments as well! I ship HarukaxMichiru more, but I'm gonna enjoy these moments while they last :D Regarding your question, just in case I'm gonna put this in the spoiler tag.
May 10, 2016 3:17 PM

Feb 2014
Usagi constantly thinking about the kiss is hilarious. So typical and very Usagi. Also, I love the silliness in this season! It's like an homage to the 90's anime and the manga and I love it very much.

The gender confession with Haruka is interesting since she's both a male and female.
Cartoons and anime is my reality.
May 16, 2016 11:01 AM

Feb 2013
LOL, Minako's fangirling.

I have candy in my helicopter...
May 20, 2016 8:38 PM

Feb 2014
I love how Chibiusa isn’t annoying as heck in this season. The friendship she’s making with Hotaru is so cute!

Ooh we got to see Uranus’ and Neptune’s attacks. I can’t wait to see their transformations! And Pluto’s transformation too!!!! Maybe Saturn will have a transformation around this time too.

Looking at the preview, is the chalice gonna be introduced soon? That’ll be cool :O
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 25, 2016 6:44 PM

Oct 2008
At last Neptune & Uranus finally engaged!
4/5.

Jun 6, 2016 6:53 PM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
I'm surprised that not a lot of people pointed out Uranus' "cowgirl" appearance at the beginning of the episode that wasn't supposed to happen until the end of this episode...

Another issue I have with this anime is how they pace it. Like when they arrived from the helicopter in the city, Usagi was already magically there. Do they teleport or do they just fly super fast?
Aug 5, 2016 10:14 PM

Jul 2009
Great episode!

Loving the animation. Especially the attacks. I'm glad Usagi didn't stole the show and for once they gave Sailor Venus and Mars some screen time. Sailor Mercury and Jupiter will have their moments soon.

This is getting good! Can't wait for the next one!
Dec 7, 2016 4:42 PM

Aug 2014
Haruka is giving Usagi all of these hints about her identity and she still can't put two and two together lol.

Chibiusa be like : "Normally you should never accept a ride in a stranger's car, but they never said anything about a ride in a helicopter."
KashKetchumDec 7, 2016 7:12 PM
Dec 26, 2018 5:59 AM
Apr 2018
I find Chibiusa far less annoying than in the previous season. And cuter too.
The battle scene was cool too: ZA WARUD... oh, wait WARUDO SHAKING
Dec 8, 2022 1:39 PM
May 2018
Awesome episode! It's so cool sailor Uranus and sailor Neptune appears together. They did take astrology in consideration, because Uranus is the planet of spontanious (the kiss, sudden changes) and Neptune is so much like a deep ocean (she even kind of says that). Yes, I love it. Because I'm into astrology, and I can see the connetion here to the series.
Feb 26, 2023 4:40 PM

Nov 2012
We should talk about Usagi being bi more.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon Crystal Season III Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 4, 2016

103 by Joca_skljoca024 »»
Feb 18, 2:22 PM

Poll: » Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon Crystal Season III Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2016

71 by MFDOOMED »»
Jan 4, 8:40 PM

Poll: » Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon Crystal Season III Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - May 2, 2016

39 by STJohn_Smith »»
Feb 23, 2023 3:01 PM

Poll: » Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon Crystal Season III Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2016

53 by cristal_14 »»
Dec 26, 2022 9:11 AM

Poll: » Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon Crystal Season III Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - May 23, 2016

40 by Miwey »»
Dec 9, 2022 10:43 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.