Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Asterisk War (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 17, 2015 4:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Pfft Ayato fled from that room fast, why am I not even surprised?

This episode felt like a "date" with Ayato and Julis. She looked kinda funny dressed with that umbrella:

Face palmed a lot of this episode because of the misrepresenting intentions coming from Julis.
Oh boy, that cliffhanger.
Oct 17, 2015 6:27 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Come on now Ayato, why did you have to fucking run away lol....Best girl Claudia was looking all nice and wanted the D even TwT

I hope the day comes where we will get an anime of this nature where our MC will actually take offers like this xD Either way the date with Julis was pretty cute and I'm liking her more and more with each episode

However, Julis in this episode has wholeheartedly earned my complete and utter respect...What she wants to do is nothing short of admirable and seeing her be so selfless and thoughtful of others makes me really happy

Can't wait to see how shit goes down next week though...Good episode overall but not as good as the first two imo
TokoyaOct 17, 2015 6:34 AM
Oct 17, 2015 6:34 AM

Sep 2015
Ayato should just let claudia have her way .. ..

Oct 17, 2015 6:35 AM

Mar 2014
theres no way people can say this shows bad now theres so much depth to this with juliss motivations and the inclusion of politics in her country too. please let ayato and julis marry each other dear god make it happen
Oct 17, 2015 6:37 AM

Jan 2015
Damn, best episode IMO. I love Julis more and more.

Things got interesting, and dat OST. I'm excited to know all the people in the OP and #Hype episode 4
Oct 17, 2015 6:37 AM

Jan 2012
Bit of a slower episode, recycled Claudia fanservice aside. Gotta love WacDonalds. :D Julis is fighting for an orphanage eh? Well at least she has a noble cause, next week's confrontation should be good hopefully.
Oct 17, 2015 6:38 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
yuiyuigahama said:
theres no way people can say this shows bad now theres so much depth to this with juliss motivations and the inclusion of politics in her country too. please let ayato and julis marry each other dear god make it happen
Agreed....And apparently there's a lot more politics and corruption to come later on so I'm excited
Oct 17, 2015 6:42 AM

Jan 2015
yuiyuigahama said:
please let ayato and julis marry each other dear god make it happen

Well, this is a romance so it could happen.
Oct 17, 2015 6:44 AM

Sep 2015
Xenocrisi said:

Oct 17, 2015 6:45 AM

Aug 2013
Kris-Oliver said:
Ayato should just let claudia have her way .. ..

It wasn't be a anime if it would happen. But yeah, 'it's a shame' :p

BTW, WCDonalds, lol :D
rsc-plOct 17, 2015 6:50 AM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Aug 2012
yuiyuigahama said:

Another Julis-Ayato fan is always welcome........

Tokoya said:
Agreed....And apparently there's a lot more politics and corruption to come later on so I'm excited

Yeah this is only the tip of the iceberg and since A-1 is taking this slow i have good expectation from this adaptation atleast.

Jan 2015
Kris-Oliver said:
Xenocrisi said:

Yes.
Oct 17, 2015 6:53 AM

Feb 2015
Best episode imo

OST was too good
terrance207Oct 17, 2015 6:56 AM
Oct 17, 2015 6:56 AM

Jul 2014
Finally getting some depth to this now, and that makes things much more interesting. It's still so obvious though that Lester is one of the mystery assailants, so the show trying to play their identities as mysteries is really getting dull. Interesting to see where things go from here though.
Oct 17, 2015 6:56 AM

Sep 2013
JULISSSSS

Ayato declaring his love, where the hell did that come from
Oct 17, 2015 6:57 AM

Jan 2015
terrance207 said:
Best episode imo
OST was too good

In the comments of the youtube video (Gakusen Toshi Asterisk ED)

The guy who wrote the OST and the ED commented on the video. Tell it to him xD
Oct 17, 2015 7:03 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Well not as much generic crap as the first two episodes were at least, though there's certainly still a lot to be desired

The chances of this actually turning into a good anime before the end are probably rather slim still though
Oct 17, 2015 7:03 AM

Oct 2008
Ayato jumping off the building at the end was kinda funny. Like we've been seeing him bounding up buildings and all but can you really just land safely from such a height? I'm not too sure about the details behind Genestellas but are all of them able to do the same?

About how Julis couldn't use the country's money to save the orphanage even as a princess... it just felt so much like what would happen in reality as well. Sad.

Also I don't know if it's just me or... I felt like Julis' face and hair kind of changed compared to previous episodes.
Oct 17, 2015 7:04 AM

Aug 2008
"Sorry, I left my penis somewhere so touching breasts scares me". That's some high quality MC. And that sure was some quick imprinting. One afternoon and he already decided his life purpose is to protect some girl.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Oct 17, 2015 7:11 AM

Aug 2013
komasan said:
Ayato jumping off the building at the end was kinda funny. Like we've been seeing him bounding up buildings and all but can you really just land safely from such a height? I'm not too sure about the details behind Genestellas but are all of them able to do the same?

About how Julis couldn't use the country's money to save the orphanage even as a princess... it just felt so much like what would happen in reality as well. Sad.

Also I don't know if it's just me or... I felt like Julis' face and hair kind of changed compared to previous episodes.

Actually when a genestia run in top speed they surpass a car speed easily, so yes they can jump a building like nothing

The royality are just puppets, they not have political power and have allowed money to personal daily necessities
Oct 17, 2015 7:13 AM

Apr 2015
Good episode.
Blacker than a moonless night, hotter and more bitter than hell itself... that is coffee.

My anime list
My manga list
Oct 17, 2015 7:18 AM

May 2015
Great episode. Loving Julis so far, and liking Ayato so far too, and obviously Claudia too. OST is good stuff. Looking forward to the next episode!

Oct 17, 2015 7:23 AM

Jun 2013
Ayato finally finds out what he's suppsed to do. Time for Ayato shows his power. Can't wait for next EP.
ryanstrikeOct 17, 2015 7:26 AM
Oct 17, 2015 7:28 AM
Feb 2015
Claudia is definitely the best girl lmao. If I were him I would have stayed D;
We now understand why julis keeps that handkerchief and what her goal is. Hopefully we get some action next episode! I wanna see the mc go all bad ass with his sisters weapon.
[center] *>.>[Spoiler][/spoiler]<.<*
[center]
Oct 17, 2015 7:49 AM

Feb 2015

Julis sees to have good motivations for joining the academy. I wonder if those guys targeting her are somehow connected to the orphanage.

As if any normal horny teenage boy is gonna run away from Claudia's offer. ◔_◔

SchwingBonerOct 17, 2015 7:58 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 17, 2015 7:51 AM

Feb 2014
That umbrella! Hnnggg
Oct 17, 2015 7:51 AM
Jul 2018
danieltortoisee said:
Finally getting some depth to this now, and that makes things much more interesting. It's still so obvious though that Lester is one of the mystery assailants, so the show trying to play their identities as mysteries is really getting dull. Interesting to see where things go from here though.

Don't be so quick to assume that.
Oct 17, 2015 7:56 AM

Aug 2013
SchwingBoner said:

As if any normal horny teenage boy is gonna run away from Claudia's offer. ◔_◔

[/center]

I will love if one day someone will sleep with the girls instead of running away....

Oh wait, there one: School Days

:D

but seriously you are right, there no way than someone will runs away U.U
Oct 17, 2015 7:58 AM
Jun 2015
Antanaru said:
"Sorry, I left my penis somewhere so touching breasts scares me". That's some high quality MC.

You should watch shinmai XD
Oct 17, 2015 8:19 AM
Jul 2018
seriously ayato, why would you run from her advances!!! Man I wish there will be some harem anime's in the future where the protag has some balls (like grisaiia and hagura yuusha)

This anime definitely has the best pacing of the school battle anime's this season
removed-userOct 17, 2015 8:23 AM
Oct 17, 2015 8:20 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Hmm...Julis suddenly becomes more attractive and cooler now in this episode. Really nice. I like her much more than before

As expected, Claudia takes the role of bitchy girl, it's a staple for harem anime.

This episode is good overall, but no Sasamiya!? She is one of the reasons I like this anime.

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Oct 17, 2015 8:23 AM
Aug 2012
I don't know if they are trying to make Ayato look purposely dumb by cutting out the parts that show him being quite smart and perceptive (since he already deduced who culprit is by this point because of that little stunt) or just keeping the mystery element for the next episode. That's one of my few issues with the adaptation.......Ayato's characterization. Yabuki is getting added into his scenes and stealing his lines as well.

Other than that, the episode was pretty good and Julis had a lot of focus. It also looks like they are taking it slow so that's another good thing. I hope they keep this up and don't make unnecessary changes.

Oct 17, 2015 8:27 AM
Jul 2018
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
I don't know if they are trying to make Ayato look purposely dumb by cutting out the parts that show him being quite smart and perceptive (since he already deduced who culprit is by this point because of that little stunt) or just keeping the mystery element for the next episode. That's one of my few issues with the adaptation.......Ayato's characterization. Yabuki is getting added into his scenes and stealing his lines as well.

Other than that, the episode was pretty good and Julis had a lot of focus. It also looks like they are taking it slow so that's another good thing. I hope they keep this up and don't make unnecessary changes.

To be fair, they're probably trying to make Yabuki more relevant for "that" reveal.
Oct 17, 2015 8:30 AM
Aug 2012
Ophis said:

To be fair, they're probably trying to make Yabuki more relevant for "that" reveal.

Yabuki isn't that much relevant though,at least not until volume 9 so i don't really see a point of hurting Ayato's characterization.

Oct 17, 2015 8:42 AM

Jul 2015
Storywise, it is getting better. I will give it a 4/5.

OP and ED songs are also very pleasant to hear. I don't feel the need to skip it.
Oct 17, 2015 8:54 AM

Jan 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA OR LIGHT NOVEL BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

Mod Note: Probably time for a reminder to keep from spoiling this for anime only viewers (like me).

There are certain opportunities in life that you pass up and then years later you wake late at night, slap yourself on the forehead and say: "Why did I do that? I'm such a moron!" Ayato, that will be you when you think back on what Claudia offered you...

But aside from the usual herbivore male MC behaviour, this was an ok episode. We got a little more background on Julis (albeit pretty generic) as well as some hints at the power structure in the world. Biggest question in my mind though is who is our best girl, Claudia, working for? It's pretty obvious that those aren't just the actions of a stuco prez, no matter how jumped up the role of the academy is in this world.
rodacOct 17, 2015 8:59 AM
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Oct 17, 2015 9:07 AM

Aug 2010
Nice Julis characterization
Oct 17, 2015 9:16 AM
Jan 2015
Claudia is best gurl.
My Queens

Oct 17, 2015 9:32 AM

Oct 2012
At least we got some story in this week but that boob grab tho...10/10 if only he didn't run away
Oct 17, 2015 9:36 AM

Jul 2012
The episode definitely went at a slower pace this time, but still great character development of Julis this episode, really liked how she had a noble cause to why she is doing what she is doing instead of the usual spoiled tsundere princess. Also come on Ayato, how can you say no to Claudia in that situation!

Here is my full review on the episode:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kh3DtGrrG1k
Oct 17, 2015 10:21 AM

Dec 2009
When will people learn that fluster male chars are "kawaii", and in the akiba culture, kawaii dominates over "kakkoii" (cool and/or badass). He appeals to female watchers, and the inner cuteness of some male watchers (it's much more relatable character in japan). It's sorta like the male equivalent of having a moe female lead. Stop griping because you think it's unmanly, or that he should have let mrs.slut sex him up in favour of your own fantasies. Also, in japan, modesty is a virtue; frankly, i much admire this in contrast to immature non-restraint behaviour.

Anyways, i could tell from the get-go that Julis would be a nice deep character with a lot of stuff going on. Good depiction of a multifaceted character since the beginning. In no way a damsel, very strong character, befitting of a complicated past.

Definitely a good show, give me more! I want that ED song so bad.
GenesisAriaOct 17, 2015 11:39 AM
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Oct 17, 2015 10:32 AM

Aug 2013
Episode that quite deepened the relationship of Julis and Ayato, showed quite sentimentality in some scenes, in addition to showing the determination of the characters too, I quite like the Julis personality, in my opinion is the best girl, I'm looking forward to the fight in next episode ..
Oct 17, 2015 10:34 AM

Aug 2015
Finally we get to know more about Julis, wew Ayato rejecting that offer pfftt, still wondering if those hooded guys are kinda have a relation with the buff guy since they're both targeting Julis each day. Overall a nice episode, hoping for an action packed episode next week, don't fail me A-1
Oct 17, 2015 10:34 AM

Nov 2012
Nice backstory of Julis, but seriously no Saya on this episode...... I want more Saya
Oct 17, 2015 10:40 AM

Aug 2014
Typical MC cowardly runs away from a girl who's clearly aiming for his D.. Sure, wonder what's next?
Surprised Saya did not appear at all in this episode.. I was expecting to see her when the scene in the classroom at the end.. :/

Antanaru said:
"Sorry, I left my penis somewhere so touching breasts scares me". That's some high quality MC. ]

lol
Oct 17, 2015 10:50 AM
Oct 2010
Well I'm done, this thing with MCs running from pussy for no reason is getting to be one of the most annoying tropes tbh. Nice OP and ED at least.
Oct 17, 2015 10:55 AM

Jun 2013
i love Claudia the troll well that was slow
Oct 17, 2015 10:59 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
I like Julis, good characterization for her. Best episode so far, really enjoyed it.
Oct 17, 2015 11:01 AM

Feb 2015
Episode seemed a bit slow. But it was nice anyway.
Oct 17, 2015 11:06 AM

Oct 2008
GenesisAria said:
When will people learn that fluster male chars are "kawaii", and in the akiba culture, kawaii dominates over "kakkoii" (cool and/or badass). He appeals to female watchers, and the inner cuteness of some male watchers (it's much more relatable character in japan). It's sorta like the male equivalent of having a moe female lead. Stop griping because you think it's unmanly, or that he should have let mrs.slut sex him up in favour of your own fantasies. Also, in japan, modesty is a virtue; frankly, i much admire this in contrast to immature non-restraint behaviour.

IKR I'm a little tired people always groan about this.

GenesisAria said:
I wand that ED song so bad.

The ED song is already out. It's on Sakamoto Maaya's album that was released 30 Sept.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gakusen Toshi Asterisk Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2015

202 by Dennywibu »»
Yesterday, 7:04 AM

Poll: » Gakusen Toshi Asterisk Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 21, 2015

116 by POLYTRON2K »»
Dec 28, 2023 11:23 PM

Poll: » Gakusen Toshi Asterisk Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 3, 2015

324 by animegamerrose »»
Jun 21, 2023 10:01 PM

Poll: » Gakusen Toshi Asterisk Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 14, 2015

122 by Arlindox0 »»
Feb 27, 2023 5:20 AM

Poll: » Gakusen Toshi Asterisk Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 24, 2015

220 by Azuki_Sayashi »»
Feb 17, 2023 7:26 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.