Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 7, 2015 8:00 AM

Mar 2014
Struggles with the flamingo !!
The Awakening !!
Dressrosa , Land of the strings !! Live on !! Hope has been revived !!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 7, 2015 8:06 AM

Nov 2014
Great Chapter.

• What in hells world is Zoro up to with Kin'emon and Kanjuuro, since the strings can't cut shit and just drags along the ground what is he gonna do?
• Riku with his emotional speech bringing the people of dressrosa back to reality.
• Devil Fruit awakening? Luffy is even surprised that Mingo, a paramecia type, can control the surroundings and make them his. Wouldn't that be OP if Law, a paramecia type, can make a building a room and do anything he wants to. Or Luffy making things around him rubber? IDK what awakening for paramecia types are, but for Zoans its eplained in wiki.
• Luffy being the ultimate rubberman and going all Hadouken on Mingo.
• Burgees show his ugly ass face now what is he up to. Seems like Koala is on to him and keeping tabs on his actions.

I can't wait for the next chapter Oda-sensei has some explainin' to do, ya.
May 7, 2015 8:31 AM
Jan 2014
Antillar said:
Turning ground into rubber could be an effective counter to Gura Gura no Mi.

Nice idea. When I think about it Croco using his Suna Suna no Mi was a hint for that a while ago too and maybe even Megallan after turning into venom demon contaminating his sorroundings. Although I'm not sure if Oda planned this from the get-go.
May 7, 2015 8:35 AM
Apr 2015
Is Leo Bazooka Rob Lucci's move? Is it a variation of rokuogan??? Cuz I think that'd be sick

Edit: Went back and looked. Evident now that it's probably not. That's what I thought at first, and I was excited... :(
May 7, 2015 8:56 AM

Mar 2014
Prediction: Luffy will have torn up Doflamingo to some extent but Doflamingo is still capable. Luffy is drained.
Then Sabo comes!
May 7, 2015 10:12 AM

Aug 2012
Solid Chapter - looking forward to seeing more "awaken devil fruits".

May 7, 2015 10:20 AM

Apr 2012
Great, now the disappointment with the fourth gear only increases.

DF awakening was predictable, and a good thing, also...

It has a lot of resemblance to the Dragon Ball power up system... The overpowered Sayajins could awaken (zoan style) to monster gorillas. Then, SS were no longer strong enough, they had to Super, like Luffy gears (SS1, SS2, SS3, SSG).

I hope that Doffy gets up and beat the shit out of Luffy, he is feeling strong enough, he shouldn't, he must not... strong enemies ahead.

Sabo will probably fight with Burg', so he won't interfere in the fight of the FFYs,

Zoro plan will fail, Franky will find the solution afterwards.
May 7, 2015 11:06 AM

Apr 2015
Great Chapter ! Dat Lion Bazooka <3 it sent Doffy flying back to that mountain where they was first fighting i want to know more about Df Awakening Crocodile said something about it in impel down Sabo vs Burgess next ?
May 7, 2015 12:05 PM
Oct 2014
For those who are probably wondering what Jesus is up to. I've been wondering what he was doing ever since the Corrida Colosseum competition for the Mera Mera no Mi ended. I can think of only one guess. Since he lost the Mera Mera no Mi, he has no intentions on leaving empty handed. He's probably going to "Devil Fruit Hunt" Doflamingo and Luffy after their battle ends. A sitaution where he takes either the loser or maybe both since its most likely both (Doflamingo and Luffy) will be beaten (or weakened) to the point where they won't be able to do anything regardless who wins. I think most likely Doflamingo will have a higher chance of being "hunted" by Jesus because Luffy still has his comrades to protect him after the battle is over unlike Dolfamingo.
bkim999May 7, 2015 12:09 PM
May 7, 2015 12:07 PM

Sep 2013
What a disappointment, this is all we get from gear 4?
The awakened devil fruit was a disappointment too, wow bigger strings.

And it was interrupted by some sob story king riku’s speech, killing off all the momentum of the fight, what a turn off.
Can oda just do full fight instead of doing stalling and interrupting it?
Meh it's just as disappointing as mayweather vs paqcuiao, what a joke
ichii_1May 7, 2015 10:17 PM
May 7, 2015 1:12 PM

Mar 2015
Based on Doffy's Awakening, Luffy's should be the ability to change the objects around him into rubber?
May 7, 2015 1:15 PM

Jun 2013
..I wonder what are consequences of using TOO Much of Haki...

And Now we see Burges after while planning of his next move and Koala spying him

Devil..Fruits...Awakening....! OH SHIT...THAT JUST OPEN NEW CAN OF WORMS DIDN'T IT!!

Riku is reigniting the Flames of Hearts of his people....Nice Speech from the King

...and It was decided in this chapter...!? O.o With Special Move yes...but still, I expected One more Chapter of the Final Fight. Quite Surprise.
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
May 7, 2015 2:14 PM

Apr 2009
Oda is playing as always.

Next chapter Dofla will attack Luffy, and by the end Sabo will appear, and probably Jesus
May 7, 2015 2:45 PM

Jan 2014
Dear Oda, explain me something. How exactly works Diable Jumble, Asura, Observation Hak, Armament Haki and Conqueror's Haki???? You dont tell us everything about this powers but right now you give us awekening......

I am really curious how you explain all those powers also this chapter had tu many talking. This should be only fight.

4/5

Btw. diable jumble and asura is still confirmed by fandom as assupull because Oda dont explain this techniques.

sorry bad english
Taito10May 7, 2015 2:50 PM
May 7, 2015 3:28 PM

Feb 2011
I'm really hoping that this awakening business doesn't turn into awakened DF= stronger than you = I automatically win
May 7, 2015 4:01 PM
May 2015
Interesting. Didn't pay enough attention about the awakening of DF earlier. Just thought it referred to the user gaining DF abilities. Anyway, still don't think Doffy has had enough after hearing that. Maybe Doffy's awakening is not restricted to turning objects into strings, but material things like people. Similar to when Blueno turned Luffy's face into a door, a bit silly but useful for turning the events. I guess it's all gonna end if the birdcage keeps pushing the smile factory protected by sea-prism stone into the battle.. Time will tell
May 7, 2015 4:47 PM
May 2010
I'm thinking DF awakening is gaining full control of ones power. DF grant users unique powers and we've seen there are separation between types of powers, logia, Zoan, paramecia. They each have to learn how to use their power, so I'm guessing awakening is just another step in other words how to control their ability. For example a logia being able to control what they transform into their element, etc. Possibly awakening means being able to use the different forms of powers we've seen. Of course an original fire logia would be stronger than a fire manipulator in terms of turning their body into fire and so on, but we did see doffy transform the ground into strings so I think it's possible.
May 7, 2015 5:33 PM

May 2010
mine_reader said:

FOR EXAMPLE: Some people back then believed that Haki was special to only a few people only, but now............all of the sudden.........a lot of pirates and marines can use Haki, especially "Busoshoku and Kenbusohoku" "Armament and Mantra Haki". OR like when "Devil Fruits" were considered to be special before the "Grand Line" and now there are many Devil Fruit users all of the sudden.

This is the Grand Line after all, a place where only the strongest can survive (although there are many ordinary people living too, as seen in Dressrosa). So it's not surprising that there are many people who have Haki. Outside of this area, they are quite rare. Anyway, I also hope that this "awakening" won't be overused but I guess at least every major villain from now on will probably have it. After all, Straw Hats need to encounter stronger and stronger opponents for the story to be interesting.
May 7, 2015 5:35 PM
Apr 2014
Run, even if your legs are broken? Dude, the human body has limitations as to what it can do
jk this is one piece, it's possible.
May 7, 2015 10:47 PM

Dec 2013
Forgetfulness said:
Also, when I think about it I don't think Awakening doesn't have any foreshadowing. In the fight between the two admirals, it's said the entire island's terrain was transformed to half fire, half ice and remained like that after the fight was over. That certainly fits the description of Awakening

Crocodile mentioned awakened devil fruits back in impel down
May 7, 2015 11:11 PM

Oct 2011
Leo Bazooka as in the tonttata Leo? Nice
May 8, 2015 4:41 AM

Aug 2013
I don't see how Luffy can benefit from awakening,if he has one,I mean what can he actually do with that? With,for example,the Gears he uses his fruit in a very good way capitalizing in the maximum his abilities.

Also I don't think that everybody has the awakening nor do I think there have to be special,like having the CoC,we know for a fact what can it do to most if not all the Zoan type user but for Paramecia-Logia we barely have any information,so it's all open.People that I think are awaken DF's users,based on what we saw throught the series,are Blackbeard,Akainu and Aokiji maybe Kaido too but I'm not so sure about that.

The most frightening thing about this power is how some users can get really OP.
May 8, 2015 8:30 AM

Mar 2015
Disappointed that Gear 4th has time limit.

It looks terrible when Luffy does Gomu Gomu no Headbutt.

Funny at the grandma running.

Fujitora is the one who found 5 yrs old kid.
May 8, 2015 11:06 AM

Jul 2013
I was wondering if Kanjuro could draw a door to open the Birdcage
May 8, 2015 1:01 PM

Jun 2012
Dahaka_ said:
bigz007 said:
Am I the only one who thinks that Fujitora is a big disappointment. Why is he just standing there? He should be able to help those people, at least to create a big hole inside earth where people can run... or something.

Maybe because he's ready to sacrifice people's lives in order to achieve a greater goal?
Yes, that's essentially what Fujitora told Doflamingo way back in chapter 735... that he'd help him for now, but after things finish here, they're no longer allies and he is going to take down the Shichibukai system. He's not just standing there either, he's running around protecting the civilians for as long as he can. All he actually said was that he'd help protect the country. So what he really meant is that he simply won't interfere with Doflamingo's plans here.

Taito10 said:
Dear Oda, explain me something. How exactly works Diable Jumble, Asura, Observation Hak, Armament Haki and Conqueror's Haki???? You dont tell us everything about this powers but right now you give us awekening......

I am really curious how you explain all those powers also this chapter had tu many talking. This should be only fight.

Btw. diable jumble and asura is still confirmed by fandom as assupull because Oda dont explain this techniques.
All forms of Haki have already been explained in great detail in the manga, so I see no point in helping you where you merely failed to read. And as was already mentioned (on the first page of the discussion) Awakening is nothing new... this has been talked about before, by Crocodile back in Impel Down... the beast guards were all awakened Zoan users.

But while I can't state with facts from the manga about Asura, I just discussed the Asura deal with someone in the last chapter discussion. While perhaps you misread and just tried to jump on a band-wagon that you only half-understood to begin with... Diable Jambe is also explained... and I've seen very few who ever claimed it was an "ass-pull". Diable Jambe is simply Sanji creating enough friction for his leg to light up.

Hell Memories though, is fairly understandably called out as an "ass-pull"... however, I think Hell Memories and Asura are both to be interpreted as illusionary manifestations of Zoro and Sanji's spirits just coming out... I think in those cases Zoro is not literally growing an additional 4 arms, nor is Sanji actually lighting on fire. It's just meant to represent how they appear to their enemies. Like in most manga, how people have demons coming out of them, or they're heads suddenly become gigantic when they or light on fire when they're angry... just a form of expression often uses in manga/anime.
May 8, 2015 4:12 PM

May 2014
Awesome chapter! Luffy's really strong, but when will his DF awaken? Or is it already awoke?
May 9, 2015 9:40 AM

Mar 2014
You guys actually believe that "awakening" means a new form? No, it's not. It's just a way for Doflamingo to say that he has mastered his Devil Fruit ro it's maximum potential.

Oh great... Another reason to hate Haki. Now it has a limit like all the other typical shounen powers, and not just for Conqueror haki. Not hating One Piece, just Haki, specifically.
Rushing to the sound of battle to protect those who can't.
My theme when I'm epic and everyone knows it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ux9YbzTeekg
My theme when I am in command:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9KzEMqWRFk
My theme when I am going to fight:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTEK8Nti3_U
Mytheme when warriors like me are no longer needed:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3wnN_PxUDY
May 9, 2015 9:57 AM
Aug 2009
not bad
DF Awakening seems interesting
waitning for the next chapter
May 9, 2015 12:40 PM
Apr 2013
TheCommonMan1 said:
You guys actually believe that "awakening" means a new form? No, it's not. It's just a way for Doflamingo to say that he has mastered his Devil Fruit ro it's maximum potential.

Oh great... Another reason to hate Haki. Now it has a limit like all the other typical shounen powers, and not just for Conqueror haki. Not hating One Piece, just Haki, specifically.

Of course Haki has a limit! It's basically a manifestation of your willpower, but once you're exhausted you won't be able to use it as much and as freely anymore. Even if you master it like vergo who could cover his whole body with haki it's not something you could use 24/7 and I imagine it is a lot more exhausting than covering just a small part of your body.
Luffy will eventually be able to stay in gear 4th a lot longer, but for now the time he can stay in gear 4th is extremly limited. He just learned to use haki afterall and he did't concentrate on only one form but on all three of them, unlike most people.
May 9, 2015 6:00 PM

Jul 2011
For the first appearance of G4 that's not bad. Oda will probably make it more versatile/ work more with it later on/ improve it.

Looks like Luffy has a short time limit though, good to know. The gears are really just to get an advantage, because that last scene didn't look like a KO. Can't say it lived to my hype (I didn't know what to expect though), but it wasn't ridiculous enough to make me disappointed. 785 chapters in and the power level are still in relatively good balance considering it's a shounen. Dressrosa kicked it up a notch, but I think it means that Luffy won't reveal another powerup for a while.

Or maybe he'll have his own awakening against the next boss...

Hopefully everything will wrap up soon... Riku's speech was really inspiring, but I don't know how the WG will take it since he announced that Luffy was basically their hero. I'm anticipating that and Kaido even more now. :D
May 9, 2015 8:18 PM
Apr 2012
Uhhhg Gear Fourth. I think the reason I'm having issues with it currently is because it made the fight super one sided. Also, Luffy apparently slacked on his Haki training if he had to be gear fourth to fight giant monsters. Reileigh was able to take care of them with practically nothing. I'm still on the side of Gear Fourth while an interesting idea, is very unneeded.

I don't know what this awakening thing is but is sounds super unnecessary for a show like one piece. There is already enough potential for power for everybody. We don't need anymore. No more power scaling please.
May 10, 2015 11:11 AM

Jan 2014
HalibelTheEspada

wow, you say everything to protect your dear gOda, sorry dude but one piece is not perfect and you cant justify asspulls because this is one piece
May 10, 2015 12:08 PM
Jan 2014
raid01 said:
I guess it's all gonna end if the birdcage keeps pushing the smile factory protected by sea-prism stone into the battle.. Time will tell

MAAAAN, why didn't I thought bout that already when reading the chapter, you just gave me a clue. That's why they showed the scene with the factory and Franky having an "idea". They could put as much people as possible inside the factory and maybe therefore stopping the cage for the time being. Problem is the factory is not that big so I'm not sure. I don't think Dofla is beaten already so they have to buy a little bit more time. On the other side, it looks like Jinbei's voyage is finished and therefore this arc should end soon too.

bkim999 said:
Since he lost the Mera Mera no Mi, he has no intentions on leaving empty handed. He's probably going to "Devil Fruit Hunt" Doflamingo and Luffy after their battle ends. A sitaution where he takes either the loser or maybe both since its most likely both (Doflamingo and Luffy) will be beaten (or weakened) to the point where they won't be able to do anything regardless who wins. I think most likely Doflamingo will have a higher chance of being "hunted" by Jesus because Luffy still has his comrades to protect him after the battle is over unlike Dolfamingo.

I don't think so, cause it was explained (and on Punk Hazard even shown how to "catch" it in that moment) that a DF user only loses his power after dying. I don't know if Blackbeard and crew use this method too (having fruits/apples near the dead body) or it's something else related to his Yami Yami no Mi (or a combination, taking it away with this method and being able to use two or more DFs cause of his Yami Yami no Mi). In both cases Jesus doesn't have the prerequisites fulfilled, except one of them (more likely Dofla) will die in the process. Or do you meant by "hunting" to kill, then forget what I wrote.
May 10, 2015 12:11 PM

May 2014
Rocinanteeeee
Holy shit that marvelmania deviantart looks nice as hell in the mangaeden opening pages.
Hmm so Doflamingo speaks of 'awakening', meaning that whoever has a devil fruit ability can reach the point of their powers reaching the nearby environment. That actually seems quite cool.
Ahhahahh that grandma 😂😂😂
May 10, 2015 11:24 PM

Apr 2014
"Awakening" huh?
Maybe every "Devil" that reside in every Devil Fruit is always sleeping (Hibernation state) and can only give the fruit user a certain limited use of 'his' power with some limiter here and there.i.e Luffy can't use Gear 2 and 3 at the same time because there's a limit to his elasticity and how wide he can stretch. and there's a limit to how wide Bartolomeo can deploy his barrier.
And this awakening is a level where the fruit user reach a certain level of mastery that "Awaken" the "Devil" inside him and allow him to fully unleash the "Devil" true power, removing all limiter there is.
Just a theory tho.
either way i'm interested to where Oda gonna take the story from now on.
May 11, 2015 3:55 AM

May 2015
People in OP universe have a really weak spot for inspirational speeches, huh?
And I guess it's not enough that we've just found out about gear fourth because "awakening"? What now?

May 11, 2015 12:49 PM

Nov 2012
Devil Fruits awakening?! Oda sure does things with a "DON" doesn't he? xD
May 11, 2015 9:32 PM

Jun 2012
Taito10 said:
wow, you say everything to protect your dear gOda, sorry dude but one piece is not perfect and you cant justify asspulls because this is one piece
And you say anything to try to troll.

You were the one who asked for explanations... of things that have had deep explanations already. All I even actually said was that Asura and Hell Memories is like a trope used in all manga... practically what sets manga apart from American-style comics, or anime and American cartoons respectively. I don't see how that's defending anything.

One Piece is my religion sure, but I won't deny any flaws my religion might have. But meh, I suppose that's not something you would understand.

Aside from that I didn't actually say anything. I see no reason to write everything in detail about Haki to you... and unless you give something that actually hasn't been explained, there's really no other way to respond to an ignorant comment like your first one than the way I did. I mean, for one, the Awakening in Devil Fruits was talked about before we even knew what Haki was... and two please tell me what it is that hasn't been explained about Haki so far? I'm sure there's a few things we don't know yet, but everything major has been explained about it, such as how it works and the all different types.
HalibelTheEspadaMay 11, 2015 9:35 PM
May 11, 2015 9:47 PM

Dec 2013
RoboDino said:
People in OP universe have a really weak spot for inspirational speeches, huh?
It's not just the OP universe. Here as well.
May 12, 2015 3:42 AM

Jun 2014
Nice chapter!

The awakening is actually hinted in chapter 544 by Crocodile in Impel down with the minotaur. I had a crazy thought that maybe that's how a zoan type awakening is, and the one doing it then is maybe the current unknown admiral Ryokugyu (green bull).
May 12, 2015 5:53 AM

Jul 2014
Could Doffy actually die in this arc?
ColdJesterMay 12, 2015 6:01 AM
Sep 3, 2015 5:49 AM
Sep 2014
Finally! The Awakening!
May 16, 2018 6:39 AM

Feb 2013
Another level to a devil fruit, cool.
I wonder if everything will turn into rubber if Luffy awakens.
Sep 18, 2018 12:28 PM

Dec 2015
Luffy got a good hit, but it won't be enough to take down Doflamingo, and to top it all off he's running out of time.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Sep 27, 2022 2:52 PM

Mar 2021
Devil Fruit Awakening seems like a fun concept. Extending your own fruit power to affect even objects around you? That can be crazy. Doffy got it! Just imagine any other DF being awakened.

Fujitora saving that random kid in the background was wholesome :)

Lol that grandma got hype asf hearing King Riku's words!!

Nov 2, 2022 2:22 PM

May 2021
Ok, so if you can awaken your DF powers in other objects, I feel like I can already see Gear 5.

Dec 24, 2022 9:54 AM

Nov 2020
And that concludes volume 78! Great chapter. I thought Luffy had beaten Dofy with the last attack but it seems I was wrong. The fight will continue in the next volume!
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1113 Discussion ( 1 2 )

FMmatron - Apr 23

53 by ahhellno »»
48 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1110 Discussion ( 1 2 )

FMmatron - Mar 12

63 by LuffyHammock94 »»
Apr 27, 1:53 PM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 770 Discussion ( 1 2 )

LunyRem - Dec 11, 2014

50 by KoniginElle »»
Apr 26, 11:16 PM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 799 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Georesa - Sep 2, 2015

228 by KenjaTimer »»
Apr 25, 6:46 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 798 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 26, 2015

138 by KenjaTimer »»
Apr 25, 6:44 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.