Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (12) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Mar 6, 2015 12:39 PM

Jan 2014
I think people are overreacting to what happened. Still a good ep.
Mar 6, 2015 12:40 PM

Sep 2007
DAMN...that was....EPIC...
My mind is currently as ****ed up as Decim when Onna scolded him.

Speaking of which...I couldn't help but stare wide-eyed when he was clasping his heart like...in that moment... Part of me was thinking he was gonna go berserk and wreck stuff LOL...
(My avatar is an original creation-please don't take it)
Mar 6, 2015 12:40 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
bastek66 said:
HappyGirl said:
Was it just me that didn't get how Shimada died? Or did they not show it? I'm confused...hahah xD

Shimada bled to death after being stabbed by rapist. He didn't even notice it due to adrenaline.
Ahhh okay, that makes tons of sense now.

Thanks for clearing that up!
Mar 6, 2015 12:48 PM

Jul 2014
DoctorWasabi said:
Smudy said:
What is with the haters? I see no reason why someone would dislike this episode. Bait and shitposting of course is another story, but childish brat behaviour.

Intense. What can i say, 10/10 episode.

Pretty much man. I can't find anything wrong with this episode, this episode definitely deserves a 10/10

Aren't you guys acting like childish brats? You're dismissing people and insulting them for not liking your favourite animu.
"Hi!"
Mar 6, 2015 12:54 PM
Sep 2013
Damn that was intense ending. I had a feeling that both of their stories would meld together.
Mar 6, 2015 12:55 PM

Jan 2014
You know. The detectives logic was pretty bad.
Mar 6, 2015 12:57 PM

May 2009
GreenBenjamin said:
You know. The detectives logic was pretty bad.

He went insane after killing his wife's murderer. No need to apply logic.
Mar 6, 2015 1:00 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
In all fairness, I think Tatsumi was in the wrong. He said, "For there to be judgement, there must be a victim, right?" and yet he watched Sae getting assaulted and didn't do anything.

Technically, Shimada did complete his revenge, but I still feel bad for the guy.
Barion-Zara said:
Tatsumi is friggin crazy though O_o?? He was practically whispering like a devil into Shimada's mind to become evil. Dat provocation!

Tatsumi was coloring his hue black. You could say he's somewhat like Tougane from Psycho-Pass.

Kurokami lectured Decim well, but I don't really agree with her when she said humans aren't as complex as you think. IMO, humans are complex as sh!t.

Great episode! I believe both of them go sent to void though, since only one mask was shown.

Mar 6, 2015 1:03 PM

Jan 2013
Wow. I'm still left speechless by this episode. It was a masterpiece. I shed a tear when I saw Onna breaking Decim and trying to help Shimada. I somehow knew that one of them killed the other. And now it's true...but I'm not angry with Shimada. Seeing how twisted Tatsumi is, he deserves it. He can't pass his own judgement, that makes him no better.

But I really hated to see how Shimada's mind was broken and he got as twisted as Tatsumi. Didn't expect that. I'm really disappointed by him. It didn't even help when Onna told the truth. I wouldn't have stabbed Tatsumi...
And now both went to the void...how sad. Shimada forgot what was truly important for him and was blinded by hatred.
LichtspielMar 6, 2015 1:06 PM

Mar 6, 2015 1:05 PM

Jun 2007
Lahi said:
This was a bad episode at the end.

Why Decim did his actions was purely nonsensical. The ending was dramatic, cliche and forced. Throw in the fact that Onna's outburst was there to "break" Decim for plot purposes in the future and you have a mediocre ending to an episode.

1. Decim's actions were his "job" taken to its logical extreme. For the first time he is judging a person who committed murder, and since his instructions are quite firmly to "draw out the darkness in a person and judge them" he decided he needed to go that far to make his ruling. The entire point was to show that the reasoning behind these judgements is extremely flawed, as well as argue that these beings that are not human and never lived as humans are not fit to judge a person's soul.

2. Decim being broken isn't just a random thing for the purpose of driving the plot. We were just told two episodes ago that unlike the other arbiters, he was a bit of an experiment with human emotions being implanted in him. Those emotions are the reason that he is felled by Onna's condemnation of his actions. It is probably a safe assumption to make that Onna was placed with him (obviously without her knowledge) to contribute to this experiment.
Mar 6, 2015 1:23 PM

Jun 2014
I honestly think Decim made the right decision sending them both to Void. Is it right/wrong to kill out of revenge or kill criminals to make the world a better place? Thats for you to decide, but you still have to pay the consequences.

Onna's interference with the judgement made the drama all the more better. I was expecting Nona to appear and punish Onna for revealing the truth about Reincarnation/Void before they were judged.
Mar 6, 2015 1:29 PM

Jul 2013
That was one of the most depressing, heartbreaking and awesome episodes I've watched in a long time.

I cried for real man T_T I still feel really bad for Shimada he's a really good guy
Mar 6, 2015 1:33 PM

Apr 2013
I'm Speechless, I got chills just watching that. It was an unbelievable episode; 10/10 best episode holy shit.
Mar 6, 2015 1:34 PM

Nov 2007
That was pretty nice,wasn't it...some tears may have escaped me again.....

Black haired girl is like my inner voice...i really like that about her.

Mr. detective had so many qualities that would qualify him for becoming one of my fave anime characters...if he was more than in two episodes...
Mar 6, 2015 1:47 PM

Oct 2013
Nothing257 said:
Boring, Dull and Disappointing are the three words i associate with this episode.

Shit is the word I would use to describe your post.
Code Geass is the most fun anime of all time, objectively speaking.
Mar 6, 2015 1:48 PM

Feb 2014
Best. Episode. Ever. Fuck everyone who says this anime sucks.
Mar 6, 2015 1:49 PM

Aug 2013
bastek66 said:
HappyGirl said:
Was it just me that didn't get how Shimada died? Or did they not show it? I'm confused...hahah xD

Shimada bled to death after being stabbed by rapist. He didn't even notice it due to adrenaline.

Wow I can't believe I missed that. I feel so stupid now x) Thanks for answering though :)
Mar 6, 2015 1:58 PM

Jun 2014
This episode has rendered me speechless. Just..oh my GOD. WOW.

So much darkness and manipulation of emotions. Onna had an outburst and we got to see Decim flustered.

Don't even get me started me started on the crazy detective and Shimada. The last few minutes especially were just...damn...

I wonder what the people who were complaining about two episodes for one judgement last week are thinking now, because this episode was brilliant.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 6, 2015 2:07 PM

Jun 2014
O my, only a few words were necessary for that push. It was absolutely beautiful, watching a normal average person break off from his self control under the circumstances and with the flurry of flashbacks surrounding it, only to end with a great smile of pure satisfaction. I love these kind of moments in anime.

Mar 6, 2015 2:13 PM
Sep 2014
That episode was amazing ..hope they stay at this level
Mar 6, 2015 2:35 PM

Aug 2014
Engmar said:
That episode was amazing ..hope they stay at this level

Yes.
Mar 6, 2015 2:36 PM

Nov 2013
What a dark episode. Both of them are heading to the avoid I suppose.
Not the best episode though as some people here claim.
Mar 6, 2015 2:38 PM

Aug 2013
Obito, is that you?
Mar 6, 2015 2:47 PM

Jan 2012
SPOILERS INCLUDED

I was not expecting that ending at all. It was extremely heartbreaking while also understandable. God, though that twist with Tatsumi.
You can't really blame Shimada though. I mean,Tatsumi - that detective just watched as his sister was being brutalized and did nothing. His justice was extremely messed up.

This anime really portrays the human soul well. That one quote, "If you can't change the world, then you have to change yourself" really speaks for the episode's premise. They both "changed" to exact revenge for their loved ones.
MaarohhMar 6, 2015 2:56 PM

Mar 6, 2015 2:53 PM

Apr 2013
holy crap... this episode

no words
Mar 6, 2015 2:56 PM

Oct 2014
I don't know if I'm supposed to feel bad for Oona or for Decim...
Mar 6, 2015 2:57 PM

Jun 2014
I feel so bad for Shimada (& Sae as well, poor girl is all alone now). I have no words for Tatsumi...
That Death Parade greatness.
Mar 6, 2015 2:58 PM

Aug 2009
awesome episode, loved it.

Need moar of this...
Mar 6, 2015 3:12 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Me at the end :
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Mar 6, 2015 3:17 PM

Oct 2012
So.. Decim finally realized. Found his emotions. Well, basically, Onna did for Decim what he is usually doing for others - drew out his fears. And Onna was being partially judged at the same time perhaps?

Yet they deliberately let us in dark whether they both went to void (even though that's to be expected considering that smirk, I doubt that much was enough to change Decim's judgement even though it would be nice twist).

This episode wasn't as good as I was expecting (because the resolution of both killers kinda was obvious from a start) but it wasn't bad either, mainly because of Decim and Onna. So I see those two villians only as catalyst for moving and evolving theirs story even further.
Mich666Mar 6, 2015 3:39 PM
Mar 6, 2015 3:20 PM

Oct 2014
So Tatsumi turned to be Light Yagami and tricked Shimada using words so he gets to join him to the void.

That was a great episode.

As for DP being best anime of Winter Season, depends how much AC chapters will be covered in the anime, AZ will depend if Slaine gets to die at the end of the series.

Mar 6, 2015 3:34 PM
Jun 2014
DrummerX09 said:
Nothing257 said:
Boring, Dull and Disappointing are the three words i associate with this episode.

Shit is the word I would use to describe your post.

lol touché
Mar 6, 2015 3:54 PM

Mar 2013
Double void get!
Mar 6, 2015 3:54 PM

Dec 2012
WOW that was a pretty intense episode. Both of them managed to get their revenge before dying.
Shimada was the one that killed Tatsumi and that knife is where it all connects.
Onna sure had a lot to say to Decim and how he passes judgement on people.
I am guessing both went into the void.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Mar 6, 2015 3:56 PM
Jul 2014
Man, that sucks for Shimada. You could tell he really loved his sister, working to provide food for her and all. Impulse is difficult to control when it comes to someone that you truly care for. It's the type of situation that I'll be glad to never experience. Honestly, I don't even want to know what I would of done if I was in Shimada's shoes
Mar 6, 2015 4:03 PM

Apr 2007
wow the last few minutes were so intense. From when the music started playing as Shimada stabbed the chips, to the happy life with his sister Sae, and even seeing Tatsumi flail in pain. It was obvious that their deaths were connected, but I never expected Tatsumi to become so insane, even though he is voiced by Fujiwara Keiji.

The second half was a little melodramatic at some parts, but these two episodes are still some of my favorites so far. I like that Death Parade covered this kind of story.
Mar 6, 2015 4:27 PM

Apr 2014
Damn this episode made me cry so much. I can't even handle all these emotions I'm feeling from this episode. Decim FINALLY gets the truth thrown at him by Onna and the ending had me crying everywhere especially with the ending song playing in the background.

I'm pretty sure they both got sent into the void though and that made me so mad. Even though Shimada killed someone and couldn't control his emotions, he doesn't deserve to go to the void. He actually did it to avenge his sister while Tatsumi was just trash. Not even the good kind of trash but the kind that deserves to get burnt and turn into nothingness. He was the one who provoked Shimada into stabbing his knife into the pucks and Decim couldn't even see that. This judgement has made me get so pissed off at Decim and I don't even like him anymore.
Mar 6, 2015 4:33 PM
Jan 2014
Damn, this episode was the best so far, I don't know if they will be able to top this one.

I was sympathizing with the detective until it got revealed that he didn't help Sae and just looked. I was happy that they both avenged their families and killed those who did it, that felt good.

I will be salty if Shimada didn't get the reincarnation.
Please, Decim, don't be a failure as an arbiter. (Btw. I really liked how he was affected by Onna's words this episode )
Mar 6, 2015 4:33 PM

May 2012
This was a dark & sad episode.
Mar 6, 2015 4:35 PM

Nov 2014
I still can't get over how much they're able to cover in 23 minutes, and it's paced perfectly. What an intense and complex episode.

5/5 rating for the episode. 9/10 overall so far.
Mar 6, 2015 4:39 PM

Mar 2014
Damn that was a powerful/intense episode
Mar 6, 2015 4:46 PM
Jan 2014
I don't think it was overdramatized one bit.
Mar 6, 2015 4:50 PM

Jun 2014
This was the darkest episode of the series yet...
It only confirms that Arbiters are completely inept at passing judgement. How long have they been at it? How many people have been sentenced to the void based on momentary flashes of anger?
Mar 6, 2015 5:05 PM

Sep 2013
A bit overdramatized. The ending was good, but I'm not seeing the masterpiece everyone mentions. :/

Really liked that Shimada went beast mode at the end. The whole thing with Quindecim was pretty meh.
Mar 6, 2015 5:17 PM

Jan 2011
Holy shit, this was amazing. The reveals were done so well and you could really feel the anger and intensity from the characters, especially Shimada's pain. The last scenes with the ED song playing were so powerful, damn. Best episode by far.
100/5
Mar 6, 2015 5:24 PM

May 2013
That was gruesomely dramatic. Both of their memories are unworthy of praise. Especially that detective. I see that just getting revenge by killing, people can lose their minds. Wow. I'm assuming both of them got sent to the void. Decim might have realized that he's had a screw lose when Onna was talking some sense in him.
Overall, that was so intense as fuck! :)
Mar 6, 2015 5:27 PM

Aug 2014
Awww, poor Decim.
Mar 6, 2015 5:36 PM

Jun 2013
amazing
Mar 6, 2015 5:40 PM

Dec 2014
I thought the detective-thing was part of Nona's plan whatever that is. Otherwise why sent them to Decim? It's disappointing that they don't show one shot that Nona or the old man observing the whole process or that they know what is going on in Quindecim if the plot is about Nona's plan. Putting aside the hilarious fact that the system is stupid all along, the show really favors over-dramatic moments and cares less about the flow and consistency of the story. Yes the melodrama is there from the start but you gonna know the priority especially the last few episodes the purpose of every scene should be made clear not just to provoke viewers' emotions after you throw Nona's plot thread into the story. The indecisiveness and carelessness of the script really astounds me.
raveninthemuddleMar 6, 2015 5:50 PM
Mar 6, 2015 5:48 PM

Dec 2008
Oh lordy! This episode was intense! For a minute, I thought Decim was broken.

Sent with Mal Updater
Pages (12) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Death Parade Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 20, 2015

215 by Seraschi »»
Apr 26, 2:01 PM

Poll: » Death Parade Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 13, 2015

450 by Seraschi »»
Apr 26, 1:26 PM

Poll: » Death Parade Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 9, 2015

840 by sxrpente »»
Apr 23, 11:30 AM

Poll: » Death Parade Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2015

663 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 11, 4:30 PM

Poll: » Death Parade Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 30, 2015

672 by NikoFool »»
Apr 2, 10:50 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.