Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jun 27, 2014 6:55 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Pretty intense fight. Gajeel reached a new level badass this episode. The fight felt fast imo but I'm glad Rogue is back to normal now.

We also get Erza vs. Minerva for some moments. Poor Kagura ;_;

Wasn't fun seeing the executioners again though. Jura is awesome, 1 shot KO. I never doubted him but it's going to be fun to see how well Laxus does against him with that big ass cliffhanger.

Stark700Jun 27, 2014 7:27 PM
Jun 27, 2014 7:25 PM

Aug 2013
Gajeel was a total badass this episode, didn't show Rogue one second of weakness.

How many weeks will we have to wait to see Erza vs Minerva? :|

I cant wait to see Laxus destroy Jura, and he better do it.
My Candies:
Jun 27, 2014 7:29 PM

Jul 2010
Gajeel using the shadow and beat Rogue.
That roar in the sky was pretty awesome.
Frosche protecting Rogue ^^
The return of the Garou knights...
Arcadios showing up in battle armour, why is the princess lying!
Erze with her legs is in a major disadvantage!
Lyon's way of fighting for Juvia.

Jura being the fifth. Woah that one punch knockout on Orga. That chop on Laxus but Laxus counter attacks! That lightning upper-cut.
Jun 27, 2014 7:31 PM

Dec 2011
Can't wait to see the rest of Erza vs. Minerva and the tag battle of Gray-Juvia vs. Lyon-Cheria.

Kind of a shame that Orga is just taken down on one hit. Oh well.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 27, 2014 7:41 PM

Jul 2013
LOL Orga taken out in one hit
Dat cliffhanger, with Laxus landing a hit on Jura
Gajeel was real badass this ep.
Rogue is back to normal :)

Really want to see Erza vs Minerva and Gray/Juvia Vs Lyon/Cheria battles.
Jun 27, 2014 7:47 PM
Sep 2012
Well another great episode of Fairy Tail.

So we conclude the Gajeel / Rogue fight. Another member or Sabertooth, this time one of the dragon slayers. Well after being trolled in previous arcs, Gajeel got his moment. And that shadow will we see him again, is the shandow aligned with Zeref?

The dam Genrou Knights are back, Natsu is right, they are pest. This time let's finish them off for good, though Loke flirting with one of them was hillarous, and I have to admit she is cute.

The announcer for the GMG, him and his loly loving ways gives him the creeps, maybe him, Doranbolt, and Warren should join a club.

A mid leading title, we don't see the Lexus, Jura, and Ogra fight till towards the end, but I guess it has to be since they are very short. Ogra is defeated, not a good episode for Sabertooh.

Looks like Lexus is about to make a counteract.

The episode preview has to give everything away doesn't it.
Jun 27, 2014 8:03 PM

Oct 2012
0_0 Awesome episode, Awesome battles & what a cliffhanger really didn't see that coming ... can't wait for the next episode :D

Jun 27, 2014 8:13 PM

Feb 2014
What a great episode! Got a lot of action in this one! A little bit of Erza vs Minerva! A little bit of Lyon/Cheria vs Gray/Juvia that should be a good one. Gajeel destroyed Rogue with his Iron Shadow Dragon mode! It was awesome! Now we have the Lightning Flame Dragon, and the Iron Shadow Dragon on Fairy Tail's side! Why those knights are back are beyond me but Fairy Tail took them out once they will definitely be able to do it again. Orga go knocked out in a second, thought he was the shit but I guess not Jura showed him differently. Laxus with that last comment though!! That lightning uppercut! It is getting good again and it is getting back to its previous splendor! If the Erza and Minerva fight continues then there should be a little twist happening in that fight very soon and I'm definitely looking forward to that one! Fantastic episode! This episode is a pure reason why I love Fairy Tail!
Jun 27, 2014 8:15 PM

Jun 2013
Holy crap Gajeel. Holy crap Laxus. You guys got more badass.
Jun 27, 2014 8:18 PM

Jul 2013
Decent episode, still not feeling any excitement. I just want the Grand Magic Games to be over already.
Jun 27, 2014 8:36 PM

May 2013
Good episode besides the damn executioners. Gajeel was awesome and I can't wait for Laxus' fight, one of my favorite characters in this anime.
"Listen Simon... Don't forget. Believe in yourself. Not in the you who believes in me. Not the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself." ~ Kamina (TTGL)

“You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that’s where you’ll find the things more important than what you want.” ~ Ging (HxH)
Jun 27, 2014 9:13 PM
Jun 2014
Great episode :D Anyone know the music playing when it is just Laxus and Jura talking? P
Jun 27, 2014 9:17 PM

Dec 2013
Good episode except for those annoying executioners! Gajeel was badass and I'm really looking forward to the next episode. 4/5
Jun 27, 2014 9:33 PM

Mar 2013
sebasuarez9 said:
The fights are disappointing :/.. Lol Orga sucks xDD.. Laxus and Jura are so muscular that seem character of Jojo's Bizarre Adventure.
aND WHY THIS IS BAD MY FRIEND?
EL PSY KONGROO!!!
Jun 27, 2014 9:41 PM

Dec 2011
Good episode....shadow Iron Gajeel is so overpowered and seems like next episode the tournament will end
Jun 27, 2014 9:41 PM
Feb 2013
omg!!!!!

their wrapping this up!

Mod note: Do not reveal plot spoilers obtained from reading the manga.
rodacJun 27, 2014 10:24 PM
Jun 27, 2014 10:11 PM
Oct 2011
Go Team fairy tail can't wait for next week more epicness to come! looking forward to ice magic showdown the most<3

ceeceecoolJun 27, 2014 10:28 PM
Jun 27, 2014 10:27 PM

Jan 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.

Good episode, Gajeel came through with flying colours. I get the feeling that much of the action is only a delaying action while the real deal will be the confrontation with the princess--and there are still some issues to resolve about future Lucy.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Jun 27, 2014 11:12 PM

Jun 2013
this was such a great episode, Gajeel beating Rogue down. And that end where Laxus got up I felt so hype!
Jun 28, 2014 12:02 AM

May 2010
Gajeel beat S.Rogue good. I loved the final moment with badass Laxus.
Jun 28, 2014 1:07 AM

Mar 2008
This episode was so f-ing awesome. Gajeel, Laxus & Jura are awesome.
Jun 28, 2014 2:00 AM

May 2013
Gajeel was awesome! Turning into a shadow like Rogue and the Iron Shadow Dragon Roar was so awesome!
Minerva should be beaten soon. I hope Erza can endure the beating.
Gray vs Lyon should be good. Along with Juvia and Cheria.
Orga was all talk. Knocked out in one hit. lol
Go Laxus! You can do it!
Jun 28, 2014 2:18 AM

Jun 2014
Next week its gonna get real i been waiting for laxus and jura to fight
i cant wait :3
Jun 28, 2014 2:47 AM

Aug 2012
Gajeel was a beast, Jura one shot too OP. Laxus with that uppercut punch at the end too epic, can't wait for next week to see more action.
Jun 28, 2014 2:51 AM

Jun 2014
Laxus making a joke :P
Being the relative of a short guild master!

Was a good episode with the smack down that is OVERKILL hyper beam Gajeel.

Kinda bored by Natsu and co. as they travel through the redundant palace...
(Takes em how many episode to move how far?)

Ezra will crush her opponent.

Finally: Just waiting for the crowd to gasp really loud as Sting beats someone up.
Yep. Fairy tail is fun! Just make sure to recap after you finish so that you get coherent scenes :P

Fairy tail and other "branching" anime gives you several story lines to follow. I usually watch each storyline separately for a more clear-minded approach!
A great protagonist once said, "It's only overpowered if you can't return the favor!"

Jun 28, 2014 3:39 AM

Jul 2013
Nice action episode indeed.

Wait a minute, did I see Sting in the preview? Are they really going to make that much progression next week? Can't wait ;)
For those who seek perfection, there can be no rest on this side of the grave.
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
Jun 28, 2014 4:25 AM
SetoMary Fanatic

Jun 2013
God that was awful.
Reintroduction of these stupid Knight characters who for no reason given are keeping up with Fairy Tail. I mean are our characters even trying? What happened to Natsu's power when he fought Sting and Rouge?

Gajeel vs. Rouge was a huge let down. The animation for the fight was bad and it was just a total blow out. The only thing enjoyable the was Roar of the Iron Shadow Dragon... but it was just a normal giant beam from other action shounens.

Jura vs Ogra.... wtf even happened? Did he dodge? Did he just take the hit?
Fairy Tail, this isn't Pokemon, please stop using scene transitions and actually animate the changing of angles. These scene transitions are just lazy and lead to choppiness of action. What ever happened to the fighting animation of the first 175 episodes lol.
Jun 28, 2014 7:28 AM

Jun 2013
Damn I expect Jura to be that strong, hopefully the next episode gets even more intense.
Jun 28, 2014 7:34 AM

Jan 2014
pretty nice episode, but most I like the move from Laxus

can't wait for the fight Laxus and Jura
Jun 28, 2014 7:48 AM

Oct 2013
Gajeel was so badass in this episode,and those boring knights are back,can't wait for Laxus and Jura's fight.

Jun 28, 2014 8:31 AM

Jul 2010
This episode was on freakin fire !!!
Yay no mini filler
The fight with Gajeel and Eouge was awesome only I imagined more punching the manga but ok .
The shado fight was awesome from both of them.
Good thing that shadow is gone
That K.O . By Jura was crazy it looked more amazing
With Laxus I thought he got K.o'd too but that counter attack
Erza and Minerva OMG the new armor soon
Jun 28, 2014 9:24 AM

Apr 2014
I liked all the fights and can't wait to see what happens next but, I think they move between the fights too much. We barely saw any of Gray+Juvia VS. Lyon+Cheria. I'd prefer to have longer fights with less of them shown than 5 battles with about 5 seconds of footage.

The Garou Knights - ugh, they were K.O'ed how'd they come back! Interesting plot twist though with the Princess, evil they made you start to doubt Future Lucy though >.<
Jun 28, 2014 9:38 AM

Mar 2013
I am seriously disappointed at the new animation (not art), the fights are mostly a series of stop motion punches with the characters flying, again, in a stop motion way afterwards.

I hope this improves in the future.. compared to the old Fairy Tail the animation has now been just laughable..

Jun 28, 2014 10:03 AM
Apr 2013
Next episode is gonna be that scene. Manga readers know what I'm talking about.

Meanwhile A-1 gave a small hint as to who the shadow was. It was actually pretty clever and easy to miss.
Jun 28, 2014 10:39 AM

Jun 2014
The complaints on this page are too generic. I mean, Gajeel did a shadow fight...I thought we wouldn't be able to see anything ._.

And Laxus took the blow obviously. That or he used lightning illusions. I dunno.

I haven't really seen the animation drop as much as a lack of need for it. All Jura did was throw a punch.

And yes, Natsu and company are fighting the hilarious executioners!
-"laughing field!" Natsu and friends becomes unable to move and can only laugh"-
A great protagonist once said, "It's only overpowered if you can't return the favor!"

Jun 28, 2014 10:46 AM
SetoMary Fanatic

Jun 2013
7starkiller99 said:
Gajeel did a shadow fight...

It wasn't even a fight. Rouge was just running away while Gajeel was chasing him and hitting him every time he caught up.

7starkiller99 said:

I haven't really seen the animation drop as much as a lack of need for it. All Jura did was throw a punch

See
Jura didn't just throw a punch. Though I haven't read the manga, I asked a few of my friends who did read it and Jura actually went through Ogra's magic. The "animation" went from Ogra charging, releasing, a pan out to the city being filled with black lighting, and then back to Jura in where it seems he just dodged it. They could have easily just shown Jura heading straight through the attack but instead chose a sloppy choppy version.
(Please do correct me if I am wrong, the two people I asked said they really weren't paying much attention but agreed with Jura going through the attack).
Jun 28, 2014 10:50 AM

Apr 2008
Zelot said:
7starkiller99 said:

It wasn't even a fight. Rouge was just running away while Gajeel was chasing him and hitting him every time he caught up.

7starkiller99 said:

I haven't really seen the animation drop as much as a lack of need for it. All Jura did was throw a punch

See
Jura didn't just throw a punch. Though I haven't read the manga, I asked a few of my friends who did read it and Jura actually went through Ogra's magic. The "animation" went from Ogra charging, releasing, a pan out to the city being filled with black lighting, and then back to Jura in where it seems he just dodged it. They could have easily just shown Jura heading straight through the attack but instead chose a sloppy choppy version.
(Please do correct me if I am wrong, the two people I asked said they really weren't paying much attention but agreed with Jura going through the attack).

Your friends are sorely mistaken

http://static.mangainn.com/mangas/324/99694/012_02_22_2013_16_07_06.jpg

http://static.mangainn.com/mangas/324/99694/013_02_22_2013_16_07_06.jpg
Jun 28, 2014 10:52 AM
Oct 2013
Zelot said:
7starkiller99 said:

7starkiller99 said:

See
See here or chapter 320. I think the anime adapted it accurately.

As for the whole episode, I think it was fairly enjoyable. The animation seemed good enough, especially during the Laxus parts, although I can't say I enjoyed the 'slideshow' they pulled with Laxus' attack.
Jun 28, 2014 10:56 AM

Jun 2014
That my friend deserves a reply.

Regardless of what Jura did:

1 -> throwing a punch while moving forward
Or
2 -> whichever you had said

I didn't see the need for him dodging it Bleach style with slow movement and/or further animation.

Honestly all I expected to see was Jura smacking the guy.
Besides, this is the anime not manga ._. And 9/10 anime do not represent the Manga faithfully.

Jun 28, 2014 12:57 PM

Apr 2010
Next weeks discussion should be interesting.
Jun 28, 2014 1:25 PM

Apr 2014
I'm tired of the crappy animation and slide shows. The animators need to get a grip and stop being lazy. Not sure if they're not getting paid but they really need to start improving.
Jun 28, 2014 2:48 PM

Aug 2012
Gajeel VS Rogue fight was awesome! I'm loving how we've now seen both Natsu and Gajeel absorb 2 attributes other than their own and use it for themselves.

Why the hell did the Execution Team have to return? I was hoping they were done for already, but nope. There they are. Again.

Jura literally took Orga down with a single blow... Good lord, he got strong. And now we get to see Laxus (hopefully) make a comeback and take him down!
Jun 28, 2014 3:04 PM

Jun 2012
myanime2 said:
omg!!!!!

their wrapping this up!

Mod note: Do not reveal plot spoilers obtained from reading the manga.

About damn time, feels like this arc is being dragged on too long.
Jun 28, 2014 3:25 PM

Dec 2013
Garou knights returning...

That's the whole joke.
Jun 28, 2014 3:50 PM

Jul 2010
Garou knights coming back like that? REALLY? That's just horrible writing.
Jura is pretty cool though.
Jun 28, 2014 6:41 PM

Feb 2014
jdbe said:
Garou knights returning...

That's the whole joke.

The worst thing is they still act so mighty and arrogant(well, except that leader change a little so that's good), they just being villain for the sake of being villain. To see they got up even after got beat up miserably like it was nothing also so bad.

Next week already Gloria "chapter" huh. I though next week is the right time to make a filler or extended scene (a good one of course) because in the manga it so short, but they didn't even consider that, huh.

Well, while the animation is so One Piece, i like Gazeel fight. So this week is decent FT for me.
Jun 28, 2014 8:10 PM

Sep 2011
So to Arcadios, the one lying is Hisui. That makes much more sense actually, not that I can tell whether it's the truth. And the return of... those guys. Ughhhh

And dat ending, the Laxus Uppercut! I don't think he's gonna beat Jura, but it still looks like it's gonna be a hell of a brawl.
Jun 28, 2014 8:17 PM

Jan 2014
DAYUUUUUUUM Jura Freaking One shot him lol !!!
Can't wait to see Laxus and him fight.
I'm all fired up!
Jun 28, 2014 8:18 PM

Jan 2008
Ugh, those guys Natsu and them beat up came back.
Jun 28, 2014 9:26 PM

Jan 2011
Didn't expect them to end the fight with Orga that fast. Usually, the episode tiltles are one episode ahead. Though it might always been only about Laxus, so it kinda fits again..

And Jura..sure, 5th place of the wizard saints, strongest human wizard etc. is nice and all. But IMHO, all wizard saints should be like this. It was made clear that all wizard saints are extremely powerful, but in the fight against Oracion Seis, Jura was baiscally useless. If he was weaker then they were back then, and will (most likely) still use against Laxus now, after gaining a seven year advantage..

Even when taking the dragon slayers out of the equation, as they are something else and could be counted as "not human", there are like a dozen wizards that are stronger than the lower ranks of the wizard saints.

And we only know about like 10 guilds, all from one (and far from the biggest) country.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fairy Tail (2014) Episode 99 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2016

100 by wildhood »»
May 2, 7:58 PM

» animation

0megaH - Feb 28, 2022

12 by Cristiano456 »»
Apr 4, 7:19 PM

» Why the hate ( 1 2 )

StrayDogYato - May 13, 2021

50 by filthyfrank8142 »»
Mar 26, 11:27 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail (2014) Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 2, 2014

107 by Avyack »»
Mar 10, 10:17 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail (2014) Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 25, 2014

136 by Avyack »»
Mar 10, 9:57 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.