Forum Settings
Forums
New
Paris Olympics?
Jul 26, 9:08 PM

Nov 2011
Like the title says, are you guys watching the 2024 Olympics happening in Paris?
You can buy lossless digital music from your favorite Japanese artists on https://ototoy.jp/.
The songs are all DRM-free and you can re-download your purchased albums as you wish.
Show your support to your favorite artist if you can!
ps. if you are looking for Japanese albums, you have to search it in Japanese (not romaji). Just copy and paste the name.

For those who want to learn Japanese through anime
Resources for learning the language
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 26, 9:35 PM
Dec 2022
Jul 26, 9:51 PM

Jun 2010
Not at the beginning, but maybe at the later part of it.
Jul 26, 9:58 PM

Dec 2021
Non, the Summer Olympics are extremely overrated. At least in the Winter Olympics, you see people fall over and get hurt more, which is way more entertaining.
Jul 26, 10:03 PM

Jul 2017
Oui. I’m watching it on my big screen TV right now while eating some matcha ice cream 👌 I'll be looking forward to checking out the various sports as well. :)
Jul 26, 11:02 PM

Jan 2009
nope but im gonna check some highlights of team usa basketball games i guess
Jul 26, 11:04 PM
Dec 2023
Hon hon hon hon non! Je ne regarde pas.
Jul 26, 11:11 PM

Mar 2008
No my TV is being stupid not getting a signal and all the online stuff im aware of is paid services.
Jul 27, 12:24 AM

Sep 2016
Maybe I will watch some of the climbing events if I get to see them somewhere but that's it, I'm not interested in watching the other summer sports.
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Jul 27, 12:37 AM

Feb 2020
I think I'm going to skip most of the events.
Jul 27, 12:49 AM

May 2024
I never watch the Olympics. Such a waste of time.
Jul 27, 1:07 AM

Dec 2017
No, I like winter better.

That being said, Gojira's performance at the opening ceremony was legendary! They made history for being the first metal band to ever play at the olympics.
Jul 27, 2:28 AM

Jul 2021
The only thing I know about the Paris Olympics is that people wanted to poop in the river, but didn't follow up on it.
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Jul 27, 3:12 AM

Feb 2019
Yes, I'll watch. But I'm more interested in the swimming part and the athletics.

Jul 27, 4:26 AM

Jun 2024
Mostly the Track and Field, Boxing, Fencing, Tennis, and swimming.
Go go France and Philippines!
Jul 27, 4:31 AM

Jul 2023
Non, I planning to watch some football friendlies in upcoming days

Jul 27, 4:40 AM

Dec 2022
Only basketball and football, I couldn't care less about any other sports.

Jul 27, 4:51 AM

May 2020
Watching basketball...

ITS NICE TO SEE THAT USA IS HAVING A HARD TIME THESE LAST FEW DAYS!!!

IT MAKES THE SPORT INTERESTING!!!
" Kindness can sometimes lead you to trouble. "

Jul 27, 6:31 AM

Dec 2021
Yus! It's such a cool time. All sorts of sports you can't normally see are being played. Handball is so awesome z but I haven't seen it since the last Olympics. Breakdancing is a sport now, too, and I want to check that out. There are sweet kayaking events, diving, the decathlon, volleyball, rowing, biking, sprinting, rugby, etc

Only issue is I live in America. And us Americans know how terrible Olympic coverage can be here. It's just swimming, gymnastics, swimming, gymnastics swimming, gymnastics swimming, gymnastics swimming, gymnastics swimming, gymnastics swimming, gymnastics swimming, gymnastics . Not to mention they cut away from actual events for snooze worthy interviews. I missed a handball game on TV due to work on Thursday, and now I'm worried I won't get to see anymore because NBC has just been so consistently terrible. Im'ma prayin' they can do a decent job for once.
Jul 27, 8:05 AM

Nov 2011
Reply to KittenCuddler
Yus! It's such a cool time. All sorts of sports you can't normally see are being played. Handball is so awesome z but I haven't seen it since the last Olympics. Breakdancing is a sport now, too, and I want to check that out. There are sweet kayaking events, diving, the decathlon, volleyball, rowing, biking, sprinting, rugby, etc

Only issue is I live in America. And us Americans know how terrible Olympic coverage can be here. It's just swimming, gymnastics, swimming, gymnastics swimming, gymnastics swimming, gymnastics swimming, gymnastics swimming, gymnastics swimming, gymnastics swimming, gymnastics . Not to mention they cut away from actual events for snooze worthy interviews. I missed a handball game on TV due to work on Thursday, and now I'm worried I won't get to see anymore because NBC has just been so consistently terrible. Im'ma prayin' they can do a decent job for once.
@KittenCuddler I’m following the olympics on Peacock by the way. Currently watching table tennis live.
You can buy lossless digital music from your favorite Japanese artists on https://ototoy.jp/.
The songs are all DRM-free and you can re-download your purchased albums as you wish.
Show your support to your favorite artist if you can!
ps. if you are looking for Japanese albums, you have to search it in Japanese (not romaji). Just copy and paste the name.

For those who want to learn Japanese through anime
Resources for learning the language
Jul 27, 8:16 AM
危ないお兄さん

Nov 2016
Reply to KittenCuddler

@KittenCuddler its so racist why dont they allow any obesity US people to join its gymnastic n swimming olympic ? meanwhile they are known as best plural country on the world but ironically not included weight matter despite they are professional like this one instead lolll

Jul 27, 10:51 AM

Jul 2010
Just some parts I think I would find interesting or when my national team is contesting.

Btw, opening was the one of the worst I've ever watched. lol Like I was watching Eurovision, just 4 hours long.
Jul 27, 6:07 PM
Yare Yare Daze

May 2022
Reply to traed
No my TV is being stupid not getting a signal and all the online stuff im aware of is paid services.
@traed Cable or satellite? Cable only messed up when rain mostly back when I lived in Cali.

OP - No. It's boring as all hell watch sporting events. It's more fun to actually play the sport ( back when I cared for sports anyways.
Jul 27, 7:25 PM

Jan 2021
Maybe only the parts with my country.
spiritual successor of lord rothchild.
Jul 27, 7:26 PM

Mar 2008
Reply to Amityblight
@traed Cable or satellite? Cable only messed up when rain mostly back when I lived in Cali.

OP - No. It's boring as all hell watch sporting events. It's more fun to actually play the sport ( back when I cared for sports anyways.
@Amityblight
I have satellite. The dish has to be repositioned I think since it has been like this even on perfectly clear days. I dont live where cable is available as far as I am aware.

Same, I never cared much for watching sports. Some I kind of like watching but only for a short period. It is funner to play, though havent done any sports in a long time.
Jul 27, 7:43 PM
ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Aug 2014
Yes, I plan to watch some of the Paris Olympics.
Jul 28, 12:27 PM

Sep 2017
Nah I don't care about them. Maybe I'll watch wrestling and power lifting ones though. Maybe.
خ
Jul 28, 12:50 PM

Jun 2016
nope nope nopeeeeeeeeeeee, i dont care
Jul 28, 1:27 PM

Jul 2013
I almost never watch the Olympics. I'm watching anime right now btw.
Jul 28, 2:01 PM
Yare Yare Daze

May 2022
Reply to traed
@Amityblight
I have satellite. The dish has to be repositioned I think since it has been like this even on perfectly clear days. I dont live where cable is available as far as I am aware.

Same, I never cared much for watching sports. Some I kind of like watching but only for a short period. It is funner to play, though havent done any sports in a long time.
@traed ugh. Satellite awful. I used have as kid, came to the states got cable. Last time I had either one was I was 13. Been tv free for 14 years lol.

Plus I didn't like the blasphemy mockery the last supper. LGBT shit and mockery Jesus this stuff is getting out of hand. I'm glad the young that follow me from France don't like that shit neither.
Jul 28, 3:56 PM

Jul 2013
I was never a big fan of the Olympics btw.
Jul 28, 3:57 PM

Sep 2019
No, maybe just random highlights I get rec on YouTube, I don't have cable anymore so even if I wanted to watch them I wouldn't be able to lol
Jul 28, 11:06 PM

Jan 2009
As mentioned in the other thread, I generally don't watch Summer Olympics unless they happen to run on TV while I'm with my parents. But this distasteful OP ceremony and the issues the current host has been having make me wish the event gets cancelled and France never ever gets to host any big sporting event ever again
Jul 28, 11:51 PM

Jun 2024
Not really, maybe I'll watch some highlight clips on my social media, I guess.
Jul 28, 11:54 PM

Aug 2022
Watching sports instead of doing sports is gay.
Mao said:
If you have to shit, shit! If you have to fart, fart!
Jul 28, 11:59 PM

Oct 2021
I'm not going to watch anything from the Paris Olympics. It's not interesting for me at all.

The last time I was watching Olympics was when Usian Bolt was in his prime.
Jul 30, 1:29 AM

Mar 2008
Reply to Amityblight
@traed ugh. Satellite awful. I used have as kid, came to the states got cable. Last time I had either one was I was 13. Been tv free for 14 years lol.

Plus I didn't like the blasphemy mockery the last supper. LGBT shit and mockery Jesus this stuff is getting out of hand. I'm glad the young that follow me from France don't like that shit neither.
@Amityblight
Even my internet uses a satellite which is even worse.

No
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Le_Festin_des_Dieux
Aug 9, 11:39 PM

Jul 2013
I'll watch the Olympics when people learn to sling rocks ambidextrously like me.

It just sucks and the ugly whale can shut the hell up. Her threats towards christians are completely empty. I'm not christian and even I tire of her bitching.

As for my sling, it's far more intimidating than a punkass AR-15. Said to make libtards shake in their boots. Why? Overall high cost? Demanding of regular cleaning and maintenance? Limited functionality for all types of shooting or hunting scenarios? Lack of ammo availability? Recoil?

Suck it up libtards! Be more afraid of a real rock throw blowing your brains out instead. With ki energy, I would make a flying rock blow up like a missile on impact like in Street Fighter.

They also know that the Paris Olympics is a complete vanity project so epic fail.
Aug 10, 2:01 AM

Feb 2024
Reply to Ricchan__
I'm not going to watch anything from the Paris Olympics. It's not interesting for me at all.

The last time I was watching Olympics was when Usian Bolt was in his prime.
@Ricchan__

I'm not watching it too, but certain disciplines are just too good to ignore.

Check Spanish women's beach volleyball and Chinese artistic swimming lol.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
Aug 10, 2:35 AM

Feb 2020
0 medals for us as I expected. I'm not gonna expect any medals from the next Summer Olympics either. Well, at least we are a bit better at the Winter Olympics.
Aug 10, 2:49 AM

Aug 2021
No but the algorithm keeps pushing this shit on me and showing me stories that are supposed to get me click them and incite rage and engagement
And it's been difficult no lie, usually they get me to read the first few comments then I get angry quickly and realize this is just the algorithm succeeding right now DO NOT ENGAGE DO NOT ENGAGE DO NOT ENGAGE this is the most irrelevant thing in my entire life right now this is just content and drama nothing else
Aug 10, 8:43 AM

Oct 2013
Yes, I do. Like any other Olympics, be it Summer or Winter.
Aug 10, 8:53 AM

Oct 2017
Yes, dream team USA is playing at 2 pm. There is the last day of track and field as well.
''Enemies' gifts are no gifts and do no good.''
Aug 10, 1:02 PM

Jun 2019
No, I have no interest in it.

The last of anything Olympics-related I watched was the opening ceremony in Sochi, Russia back in 2014 because I was closely following Russian affairs at the time and wanted to see how it would be handled from their side of things as well as how critical the reporting and general coverage was going to be from the West.
Aug 12, 1:28 PM

Feb 2019
Reply to Vampire_Lord
Just some parts I think I would find interesting or when my national team is contesting.

Btw, opening was the one of the worst I've ever watched. lol Like I was watching Eurovision, just 4 hours long.
@Vampire_Lord well, Eurovision final does last for 3.5 to 4 hours.

Aug 12, 1:54 PM

Dec 2018
I haven't watched and cared for the Olympics ever since they removed baseball.

Aug 12, 5:42 PM

Feb 2024
Just scrolled twitter by Olympics closing hashtag. Very nice, godly show, but they should have used goat's head in the ritual.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
Aug 12, 6:28 PM

Mar 2008
Reply to MinakoBestGirl
I haven't watched and cared for the Olympics ever since they removed baseball.
@MinakoBestGirl
They had both 3x3 and basketball.
Aug 12, 6:39 PM

Dec 2018
Reply to traed
@MinakoBestGirl
They had both 3x3 and basketball.
traed said:
They had both 3x3 and basketball

Nah they removed baseball again after bringing it back in Tokyo in 2020. It hasn't been a part of the Olympics since the 2008 games before then.

I'm not really a fan of basketball either.

Aug 12, 7:24 PM

Mar 2008
Reply to MinakoBestGirl
traed said:
They had both 3x3 and basketball

Nah they removed baseball again after bringing it back in Tokyo in 2020. It hasn't been a part of the Olympics since the 2008 games before then.

I'm not really a fan of basketball either.
@MinakoBestGirl
I'm telling you they had basketball i literally saw it (though didnt really watch i was busy) and so did others here
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» safely cleaning oppai mousepads?

evangelionfan - Nov 7, 2021

3 by punk2233 »»
17 minutes ago

» Looking for mousepads

DonTrumpolino - Oct 3, 2018

8 by punk2233 »»
19 minutes ago

» Are you a language snob?

Anjuro - Yesterday

33 by Anjuro »»
35 minutes ago

» Japan's biggest issue: the population problem and its potential danger. What should be done?

9765 - Aug 29

29 by Zarutaku »»
46 minutes ago

» Do you think MLP fans should be sent to labor camps?

ZakuF_ - Aug 30

20 by MeanMrMusician »»
54 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.