Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 18, 6:37 AM

Apr 2018
Is there a "good" age to quit watching anime? Is there a point where it's considered "weird" or "immature" to still be into anime?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 18, 6:39 AM

Feb 2020
There isn't any age limit for watching anime.

SerafosJul 18, 11:46 AM
Jul 18, 6:40 AM

Oct 2014
I'd recommend quitting by the time you're 99. By that age you probably have dementia so you'll end up just rewatching the same things because you can't remember then. Maybe get into gunpla at that point, because at least you'll have a physical representation of what you've accomplished with your hobby.
Jul 18, 6:44 AM
Jul 2018
While a lot of things oriented towards children and teenagers does have an age limit, most media does not.

Anime, video games, and things of a similar nature, don't have an age limit, and anyone who says otherwise, is basically trying to make you fit in with society as their definition of being "normal".
Jul 18, 6:47 AM

Aug 2013
"What's a good age to quit Anime?"

Oh EZ question, whenever

I don't know who quotes me and then deletes the comment, but know that you make my day.

STEAM's GOTY 2024 the Ghost of Tsushima

OMFG THE HYPE IS REAL!!! ELDEN RING SHADOW OF THE ERDTREE wOOt!! F YEAH LET'S F GOOOOOO!!!
Jul 18, 6:48 AM

Jan 2009
when you hate or got bored of anime already
Jul 18, 6:56 AM

Apr 2020
there are only two things that prevents you from watching anime death and boredom
Jul 18, 7:01 AM
Call me Oniichan

Jan 2007
Quit when your circle of "friends" peer pressure you into conforming with their lifestyle choices (spending all free time drinking alcohol and doing drugs together).
Or a better choice: stop trying to impress others and live for yourself.
Jul 18, 7:08 AM

Mar 2019
I think Dragevard should stop watching anime.

Actually though, I don't think there's an age limit. I'll stop when it's no longer entertaining/enjoyable to watch anime, but I don't see that happening any time soon.
Jul 18, 7:11 AM

Jul 2019
What ever the age limit to drink in your country is
Jul 18, 7:17 AM

Nov 2019
Reply to Coaghim

Oh EZ question, whenever

@Coaghim 'You deer' is more trendy nowadays. Gotta to catch up with the popular tendencies.

Help! I need somebody. Help! Not just anybody. Help! You know I need someone. Helpppppp!

Jul 18, 7:19 AM

Nov 2019
Whenever you want. The option of submitting an application for the removal of your MAL account is always available.
Help! I need somebody. Help! Not just anybody. Help! You know I need someone. Helpppppp!

Jul 18, 7:22 AM

Aug 2020
When you reach exactly 129 years old I guess

Jun 2017
only weirdos watch anime after turning 14 years old...

Sep 2008
the age of stupid. the ones who can't accept anime and want to change it's values to globalist standards should quit.
馬鹿げた倫理 全部ガラクタで
Jul 18, 7:40 AM

Aug 2013
Reply to SgtBateMan
@Coaghim 'You deer' is more trendy nowadays. Gotta to catch up with the popular tendencies.

@SgtBateMan I gave up whenever they started to skibidis rizz cringe wackadoodles.
I don't know who quotes me and then deletes the comment, but know that you make my day.

STEAM's GOTY 2024 the Ghost of Tsushima

OMFG THE HYPE IS REAL!!! ELDEN RING SHADOW OF THE ERDTREE wOOt!! F YEAH LET'S F GOOOOOO!!!
Jul 18, 7:41 AM
May 2023
There isn't a good age to quit watching anime and that's why demographics exist.

If you feel some anime are too childish for you, then branch out, try new things. Go beyond the most popular and recommended anime.

Some anime deal with more mature and sensitive topics.

Anime having an age limit is dumb. I've never seen anyone ask "What's a good age to quit reading novels?"
Jul 18, 8:33 AM

May 2024
12 or 13. The sooner you quit the better.
Jul 18, 8:34 AM

Sep 2016
Once you meet Truck-kun on the street.
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Jul 18, 8:46 AM

Sep 2018
There is no age for a man to quit liking good looking girls, and no age exists where fun can be completely scrapped for work. The idea of growing out of a medium you love is youthful idealism.
Jul 18, 9:10 AM

Sep 2020
I feel before it got this popular you would get judged by most society's if you watched it and were older than maybe teen years, most people in my country will still judge you if you're in your 30's and still watch it. That said it could be interpreted as creepy if you get older and still watch shows with very young characters, but most shows are targeted towards younger audiences so you can't avoid that unless you only read seinen/josei demographic manga as most anime is shonen/shoujo. I know anime fans well in their 30's and 40's, some people loose interest or become less interested in their 20's but for others is a lifelong hobby. You do whatever feels right for yourself.
Jul 18, 11:01 AM

Oct 2010
if you're over 18 and think loodie not using his magical eye is perfectly logical, then you should stop watching all together and start watching hollywood shit. no wonder you two nerds don't watch best anime this season.
Jul 18, 11:03 AM

Mar 2023

Before your birth.
Jul 18, 11:17 AM

May 2019
You can stop anytime if you have the will to do it.
Jul 18, 11:22 AM

Jan 2008
I'm not quitting any time soon and I'm 44 years old
Jul 18, 11:45 AM
Awkward Fellow

Oct 2018
Whatever age you decide to let other people dictate what you find enjoyable.
Jul 18, 12:05 PM

Oct 2013
What other people consider "immature" is irrelevant to me at this point in my life. There's a well known old stoner with a talk show who's whined about adults reading fantasy novels, which I find ironic...because he's a stoner. The last type who should be talking about immature behavior. So to summarize...Fuck what others think.
Jul 18, 12:07 PM

Jan 2018
as long as you have anime with something that you want to see or rant on how bad it is, or ask drake on how to post anime thread.
Jul 18, 12:23 PM

Sep 2007
Reply to Serafos

Serafos said:

Agreed as long you still have interest and enjoying it.
Jul 18, 12:35 PM

Jul 2022
I'll let you know as soon as I get there 👍
Jul 18, 1:10 PM
Jan 2018
I think some people go through seasons in life of stuff they enjoy. I find it difficult to believe that people that make the time to make a MAL account would just stop watching anime.

Maybe a better question would be at what age do people stop watching NEW anime? Like video games, some people just want to go back to ol reliable, whether it's music, tv, anime, video games or anything else.

My answer to that question would be when life starts making stuff you like too inconvenient and you don't have the extra energy to fight to enjoy the stuff you did before. That's mostly for other people cuz as long as my body will let me, I'm sticking with all the stuff that brings me joy. Anime being one of them.
Jul 18, 1:19 PM
Apr 2024
Funny question. Can you really just stop watching or reading something because it’s not "cool" anymore? You should just ignore what others think. Watch and read whatever interests you.
Jul 18, 1:22 PM

Dec 2017
Reply to UberBat
@UberBat
44? Nice! I won't quit either and I'm 35 years old.
Even though I no longer watch many NEW anime like I used to, I rewatch old ones a lot.
私が見たのが、ブギーポップだったのかどうかは分からない。
Jul 18, 1:35 PM
Jun 2021
It's insane how people let societal pressures shame you, and control you. Dude, do you like anime? If yes, then why even care what people who you don't even give a damn about tell you what age you can stop enjoying a show that most likely holds symbolic meaning to you and probably helps you?
Jul 18, 1:41 PM
Propmaker/Etsy

Jun 2014
Never, just take break instead lol
I'm sure there is an anime for every age group.
Jul 18, 2:28 PM

Oct 2013
There isn't any "good age to quit anime". There isn't any limit at all, even. Basically, you watch it until you don't find any joy any longer in it. As simple as that.
Jul 18, 4:18 PM

Nov 2013
Reply to zombie_pegasus
I'd recommend quitting by the time you're 99. By that age you probably have dementia so you'll end up just rewatching the same things because you can't remember then. Maybe get into gunpla at that point, because at least you'll have a physical representation of what you've accomplished with your hobby.
@zombie_pegasus Nah, this is peak. Imagine getting to re-experience your favorite anime over and over.
Jul 18, 4:32 PM

Apr 2008
Why do some people think there needs to be an age limit on things like video games, anime, etc, as long as you are enjoying it there shouldn't be an age limit or an issue. I know because some people see it as immature to watch it when you are older but I don't think so. Should I just randomly stop enjoying my hobbies once I hit a certain age and just start reading the newspaper and watching only boring documentaries? I think I will pass on that. I am almost 40 and don't seem myself stopping anytime soon.
Jul 18, 4:33 PM

Apr 2008
Reply to UberBat
@UberBat I am almost 40 and I don't see myself stopping anytime soon either.
Jul 18, 4:36 PM

May 2021
I guess when I reach a point where Im too occupied with life and work, thats the age when I stop.
Jul 18, 4:42 PM

Sep 2020
I'd say when shit like alzheimers sets in. When you can no longer remember the long ass titles and complex lines and get jumbled up when trying to read subtitles. What age is that? 70? 80?
Internet's most principled sociopath.
Jul 18, 5:19 PM

May 2018
over decade ago at highschool i was told "You're 15 and you still watch these japanese cartoons?"
so by normie standards i guess if ure above age of 10 thats big nono if you want to be taken seriously

Zimmu said:
I guess when I reach a point where Im too occupied with life and work, thats the age when I stop.

uh... isnt anime literaly designed for japanese overworked to the bone ppl that dont have time? i thought thats why the episodes are +- 20 minutes, so its guaranted you have time for it even if ure working 3 jobs and married with triplets
MiiishaJul 18, 5:22 PM
Jul 18, 5:21 PM

Apr 2024
probably whenever the industry moves past you and you find yourself suddenly upset at the vast majority of content beign produced and saying things like "back in my day"
"Dreams are worth fighting for"
Backloggery | YouTube | Heatmap
Jul 18, 5:24 PM

Aug 2010
Super cringe (not your fault). There isn't any inherent age, IMO, and you shouldn't care what other people think. I know a lot of anime fans/critics/convention people that are in their 40s and older.
Bum Bum Dum Dum

Jul 18, 5:28 PM

May 2021
Reply to Miiisha
over decade ago at highschool i was told "You're 15 and you still watch these japanese cartoons?"
so by normie standards i guess if ure above age of 10 thats big nono if you want to be taken seriously

Zimmu said:

uh... isnt anime literaly designed for japanese overworked to the bone ppl that dont have time? i thought thats why the episodes are +- 20 minutes, so its guaranted you have time for it even if ure working 3 jobs and married with triplets
@Miiisha

Uh...Yeah ok? Sure, they are short. But I really don't think when you are overworked, you would still have anime on your mind and its really not the priority anymore. You never know what will happen in the future and what you will need to worry about. Working, paying rents, taking care of kids etc would be much more important than watching anime. Its really the mindset that changes.
Jul 18, 5:47 PM

Nov 2020
There is no age where it is "weird" or "immature". Just watch it until you do not enjoy it anymore. At least the way I see it.
Jul 18, 5:49 PM

Dec 2008
This kind of threads pisses me off. You ask me to suggest to you how you live your life, specially when it comes into consuming entertainment all in general. Putting restrictions on yourself because of age. Well, some things are silly to me that I don't wanna do them, because they don't fit my age. Anime is different. It's a kind of entertainment that can be enjoyed privately. At least not infront others. The nature and type of entertainment you indulge into, whatever is, you decide whether or not you wanna experience.

Few days ago, my wife was annoying me to ride a zipline. Not that kind of dangerous ones over hills/mountains stuff. No, the kids version in an amusement area. I had no choice but to agree to ride it.

The point is, I chose for myself what to consume or not.

If you can't do that, if you insist on hearing others' suggestion, by all means, have at it whatever suits you well. I'm not gonna suggest you shit.
Jul 18, 5:56 PM

Aug 2014
Anime, since 2016, with the rise of everyone having a smartphone and everyone basically having social media, is no longer considered an immature thing to like among us males.

Now, I dont recommend for a male to talk about cartoons/comics to girls, since some girls (even the young ones) still view males over 15 that like cartoons as weirdos.
Jul 18, 6:09 PM
May 2017
One hour before dying would be the most appropriate time to cease watching anime. I will think about it on the next 20-30 years...
Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
Jul 18, 6:10 PM

Aug 2022
It's like asking "At what age do I quit watching movies", or "At what age do I have to stop enjoying life?".

When you're bored of it.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Anime that was once a big favorite of yours, but became disliked/hated later on

BomberThink - 8 hours ago

13 by Paul »»
6 minutes ago

» According to MAL score CE is the best cyberpunk anime

JoeChip - Yesterday

28 by Paul »»
9 minutes ago

» Would you want an infinite amount of anime to watch?

SupremeGod - Jul 17

42 by JaniSIr »»
28 minutes ago

» Y'all want MC with an Actual Sex Drive?

Dragevard - Jan 28, 2023

30 by FanofAction »»
29 minutes ago

» i need help to find this anime!! (again)

keitovsk - 45 minutes ago

0 by keitovsk »»
45 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.