Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jul 2, 10:39 AM

Nov 2011
Not going to lie, I came into this show with little expectations. It has the survival themes mixed with group of characters thrown into a death type of game. Stuff like this has been done many times over in recent years.

Animation quality looks average just like one of the main guys, Narita.

However, a handful of characters are introduced in this and they seem serious on the overall premise of the show. There's a sense of mystery about the Emperor too but I guess we'll find out everything eventually.
Jul 2, 10:39 AM

Dec 2021
Mangaka Taiga Miyakawa's death game manga, to which NO information is known about it in English at least, now being adapted into an anime. The real question is, will this finally be our anime equivalent to Squid Game, or will Tomodachi Game forever hold that title?

Vivarush's OP is generic, by all fronts. Same to be said about issey's ED.

From the minute this show started with a whole scene with the MC, Saneatsu, enjoying life and going to school and such, something was bound to happen. And not anything good, that is. To obviously give the MC a motive and grudge against this whole game they have to kill of his best friend ofc. Then to what I would assume will be our main group of character for now, because some give off that so generic, they're bound to die in the first three episodes vibe.

And in typical death game anime fashion, the glasses dude is the traitor, and by traitor, THIS DUDE WAS READY TO KILL THESE DUDES WITH A GUN... A GUN. And at the ending, their friend's intense death face pops up first. Lol, is that supposed to be the highlight every time.

Interesting enough start. And okay start even. Nothing more, nothing less. This being 2-cour makes me worried, for many reasons.

Jul 2, 10:40 AM

Jul 2017
For a series that once ranked 2nd on AnimeJapan's "Most Wanted Anime Adaptation" poll in 2019, to then drop to 7th in 2020, mangaka Taiga Miyakawa's work sure is something else. And before you ask, please DO NOT read the Kimi ga Shine / Your Turn To Die manga, that is based on the NicoNico game, which is not the anime.

Vivarush's OP is just kinda decent, but maybe too overcooked. issey's ED is just OK...

Another death game kind of show, and although things look normal on the outset, MC Saneatsu Narita finds himself in school with his friends of Kazuhiko and Ryuta, though one question pops randomly while having their computer class lesson, and aside from not thinking much about it, the world...suddenly turns into mere silence. It's only realizing Ryuta lying motionless in his house, and with the confirmation of Kazuhiko's call that confirmed his death, plus the rest of the students' families and everyone else, the student council president Yagihashi briefs him and those who remained on the situation, 10 in total who experienced the same phenomena.

Another day passes, and Yagihashi is found dead after answering the question, leaving the remaining 9 to confer and follow the game rules as much as possible. And once the Emperor comes to address the game called Tasuketsu a.k.a Absent Majority, it sounds ludicrious where the majority dies, but it's a survival battle that does not sound like there's a million people left. With Saaya Fujishiro being the leader, Saneatsu addresses his circumstances to her, trying to discern their next moves and reach the Emperor as fast as possible, though with a little unintended flirting moment. And one moment leads into another where Sudo shoots Jin point-blank and leaves everyone scrambling to safety to find a Postbox before the daily deadline.

For now, only Saneatsu and Fujishiro have an idea of how to progress, but how will that progress go?

Eh, this has a lot of cooking to do, though I'm hesitating to see where this will go.

Once again, this is studio Satelight being on the same 2-cour treatment as Helck (alongside same director-cum-series compoer Tatsuo Sato), I'm hoping that this show doesn't get Helck's treatment, and is able to keep the attention for the half-year ahead.
KANLen09Jul 3, 6:02 AM
Jul 2, 11:28 AM

Oct 2011
What The .......the choice at the end Male or Female. The MC died.... WTF??!!
Jul 2, 12:42 PM

Sep 2022
Surely more interesting than Liar Liar or Gods' Game We Play.

Jul 2, 12:59 PM
Apr 2023
Reply to Kast2
Surely more interesting than Liar Liar or Gods' Game We Play.
@Kast2 are these really that bad? I failed to get excited to watch episode 2 for these shows, for Liar Liar I've watched until 3 forcing myself but I didn't get hooked at all
Jul 2, 1:00 PM
Apr 2023
A very fast paced first episode but sure is an interesting one. How will the mc survive? Will they use the privilege?
Jul 2, 1:05 PM
Sep 2015
If this is gonna be a female-only anime then I'm gonna drop.... nah just kidding.

Our protagonist has "privilege" card so he's not gonna die, that means at least this is not gonna be a maleless anime.
Jul 2, 1:15 PM

Dec 2020
Death game type huh. High paced. Mc dies on the first ep. They didn't show us the scene of them answerin'. Also didn't show us what the privilege was. So maybe the mc would revive with the help of the privilege. Whatever my expectations has risen by a bit
Jul 2, 1:34 PM
Apr 2014
Those teenagers sure got over their families (and most of their friends) dying quickly. Mommy died!? Everyone died?! Alright, let's calmly and rationally analyze this.
thereddeathJul 2, 1:45 PM
Jul 2, 1:37 PM

Mar 2015
Reply to Stark700
Not going to lie, I came into this show with little expectations. It has the survival themes mixed with group of characters thrown into a death type of game. Stuff like this has been done many times over in recent years.

Animation quality looks average just like one of the main guys, Narita.

However, a handful of characters are introduced in this and they seem serious on the overall premise of the show. There's a sense of mystery about the Emperor too but I guess we'll find out everything eventually.
@Stark700

Could it be the next Mayoiga??? ๐Ÿค”
๐“™๐“พ๐“ผ๐“ฝ ๐“ช๐“ท ๐“ž๐“ฝ๐“ช๐“ด๐“พ ๐“ฏ๐“ป๐“ธ๐“ถ ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ข๐“ฝ๐“ฒ๐“ฌ๐“ด๐“ผ. ๐“ฆ๐“ช๐“ฝ๐“ฌ๐“ฑ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ ๐“๐“ท๐“ฒ๐“ถ๐“ฎ ๐“ฑ๐“ช๐“ผ ๐“ด๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ญ๐“ช ๐“ซ๐“ฎ๐“ฌ๐“ธ๐“ถ๐“ฎ ๐“ช ๐”€๐“ช๐”‚ ๐“ธ๐“ฏ ๐“›๐“ฒ๐“ฏ๐“ฎ ๐“ช๐“ฝ ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฒ๐“ผ ๐“น๐“ธ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฝ.

"โ„๐•’๐•ง๐•– ๐•’ ๐”พ๐• ๐• ๐•• ๐”ป๐•’๐•ช!" - ๐•‚๐•–๐•ง๐•š๐•Ÿ ๐•Š๐•ฅ๐•ฃ๐•’๐•™๐•๐•–; ๐•ƒ๐”ธ ๐”น๐•–๐•’๐•ค๐•ฅ
Jul 2, 1:38 PM

Jan 2021
Looks like edgy cringe kino.
Jul 2, 1:45 PM
Oct 2016
3 epi rule... this anime is so boring
Jul 2, 2:03 PM
Nov 2018
I think I'm going to wait until it gets done airing to give it a try. I have been burned on the last few "high stakes" animes. The way you guys are talking is not that impressive.
Jul 2, 2:08 PM

Sep 2022
saikyozero said:
@Kast2 are these really that bad? I failed to get excited to watch episode 2 for these shows, for Liar Liar I've watched until 3 forcing myself but I didn't get hooked at all

First of all I'm not a fan of the theme of these anime, so for me evaluating them is difficult, let's say it all depends on what they're about.
If this interests me a little more than the others it's only because it reminds me of the Japanese Netflix series "Alice in Borderland".
Kast2Jul 3, 8:51 AM

Jul 2, 2:09 PM

Jun 2016
Judging by the news that there will be two cours, all 6 volumes of the manga will be filmed, which according to the first series is too fast a narrative and a good opening, plus a pleasant heroine with a smart main character.
Jul 2, 2:26 PM

Feb 2018
Boring, cheap, made me wanna sleep after 10 minutes. Mirai Nikki wasn't that bad after all.
Satelight, stop doing random shit and return to the mecha community, please...
Jul 2, 2:37 PM
Dec 2016
Very cheap 15 characters 15 characters 15 characters 15 characters
Jul 2, 2:41 PM

Sep 2020
Holy wow. Usually, i'm a big fan of these death games. So hyped about these that in mangas i can go through bad plots just for the fun.
But holy sh*t that was bad. Uninteresting characters, nothing new to the genre, and yeah as you know, everything too damn fast.
Jul 2, 2:42 PM

Nov 2013
Hahaha, one of those garbage shows that are so bad it becomes good.

Plot is all over the place, the pacing is horrendous, characters are unbelievable. Are we to believe the male MC died for good at the end? That would make the show so much more unpredictable and good, but the OP spoils it and he'll be back for sure, I bet because of the privilege-envelope he has in the pocket.

Imagine waking up, seeing your entire family dead but going to school like nothing happened (slightly upset maybe). None of the students seemed devastated or terrified. And then the retarded president said "go back home for now and return in the morning". Who writes this shit? Go back alone, in home with your dead family inside? Holy shit... It's a freaking apocalypse ffs. Streets are littered with corpses. Grade schooler would know to stick with the group. And retarded MC has important talk with that one girl. The group should've spent hours simply talking and making sense out of things or getting out of shock or calming each other.

Anyways, I'm still gonna watch more to be amazed by this peak shit-writing.
Jul 2, 2:44 PM

Oct 2011
x-Cellar_Door-x said:
@Stark700

Could it be the next Mayoiga??? ๐Ÿค”

Don't you mean Ousama Game
Jul 2, 2:45 PM
Apr 2023
Reply to Sigmar-Unberogen
Hahaha, one of those garbage shows that are so bad it becomes good.

Plot is all over the place, the pacing is horrendous, characters are unbelievable. Are we to believe the male MC died for good at the end? That would make the show so much more unpredictable and good, but the OP spoils it and he'll be back for sure, I bet because of the privilege-envelope he has in the pocket.

Imagine waking up, seeing your entire family dead but going to school like nothing happened (slightly upset maybe). None of the students seemed devastated or terrified. And then the retarded president said "go back home for now and return in the morning". Who writes this shit? Go back alone, in home with your dead family inside? Holy shit... It's a freaking apocalypse ffs. Streets are littered with corpses. Grade schooler would know to stick with the group. And retarded MC has important talk with that one girl. The group should've spent hours simply talking and making sense out of things or getting out of shock or calming each other.

Anyways, I'm still gonna watch more to be amazed by this peak shit-writing.
@Sigmar-Unberogen I agree with peak shit-writing. This is what I'm looking from these weird animes. You never know what might happen lol.

I don't know if you people liked it, but I'm getting the same vibes at High Rise Invasion. Oh wait, I watched that one for the plot
Jul 2, 2:53 PM

Mar 2014
"Are you gonna to shoot me"
"Of course I am"
"I refuse"

WAAAAAAT?!

Lmao this anime is bizarre
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".
Jul 2, 3:12 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
I initially didn’t pick this one, but seeing that it’s 2 consecutive cours, is a death game/mystery anime, and my Tuesdays having no anime after my picks, I folded and picked it up because dammit I like a good death game story, and this was an interesting start. Production is pretty good looks like but the episode was pretty fast paced which is my main issue, we barely got any time to see this world before shit went down and when that 3rd year glasses fella got a hold of a gun, he wasted no time choosing violence lol, but I imagine the pace is like this right now to allow for later stuff to be better, at least I hope so.

And we didn’t get to know the characters that well besides Saaya and Saneatsu, and they clicked pretty well but that ending tho… Saneatsu done bit the dust when someone picked an insane question like “male or female”, and with the whole majority dies rule, damn that’s fucked up lol, maybe whoever did it is trying to make it an all girls world. I gotta say that was a good cliffhanger ending to try and hook viewers, but I imagine this isn’t the end of Saneatsu, it might have to do with that privilege, and despite my complaints I will stick with this one, looking forward to seeing how much crazier it gets. And that OP was very cool, quite an intense song and fitting for this type of show, but the ED really caught my attention, I immediately loved it, kinda surprised some others here think it’s mid, but that’s music taste for you.
Jul 2, 3:40 PM
Panzer Vor!

Jun 2014
What the fuck was this shit dude lol.
Jul 2, 3:43 PM

Mar 2019
I'm not even finished with the first ep but I already love it, the animation is amazing it reminds me of the old anime <33
Jul 2, 3:48 PM

Oct 2017
Interested but at the same time skeptic.
Jul 2, 4:39 PM

Apr 2018
Is so over the place I can't help but find it amusing and funny. Maybe this is the successor of Ousama Game?
Nivo3041Jul 8, 4:12 PM
Jul 2, 4:42 PM
Apr 2023
this piece of shit better not get 12 episodes
Jul 2, 4:57 PM

Jul 2011
This was horrible to watch. If any studio want to make a good survival anime they should pick up "Your turn to die - Death by majority" instead of whatever the F this was.
Jul 2, 5:11 PM
Lilium Gardener

Jul 2011
What is with all the flashing black screen transitions? I mean, there had to be 50+ instances. It was giving me a headache, tbh. The rapid jumping through scenes at the end of the episode was also quite jarring. Some of the dialogue was unintentionally hilarious, but if the next episode still has all of these shitty transitions, I will be forced to drop it.
Jul 2, 5:28 PM
Sep 2021
Is this just king game. Bro, it exact copy. Death game with edgy mc and mid animation.
Jul 2, 5:29 PM

Dec 2010
Reply to AnimeFan500
What The .......the choice at the end Male or Female. The MC died.... WTF??!!
@AnimeFan500

Danganronpa would like to know your location.

I mean very weird start but we'll see how it goes. I was kinda hoping the Females would live or I would've dropped it by now.
Jul 2, 5:36 PM

Aug 2019
Wow, this was a mess. I was looking forward to this show, but the first episode barely held itself together
y u mad tho
Jul 2, 5:41 PM
Jul 2, 6:00 PM

Nov 2014
yeah this ain't for me.
Jul 2, 6:27 PM
Apr 2018
surprise that the man i thought main character die first
Jul 2, 6:43 PM
Feb 2022
Ousama Game 2.0, in a bigger scale, but as bad as Ousama Game.
FedeMetalJul 2, 6:52 PM
Jul 2, 7:30 PM

Mar 2016
Like some of you guys, I was expecting another fresh and new Ousama Game but this isn't even a quart part of it, no one of the characters has the charm to root for, visually is just average, just lie the cast, I mean at least Ousama Game had Mamoru Miyano, but here? Nah, I'm out of here, see ya guys!
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Jul 2, 7:53 PM
Mar 2024
gak jelas aanjirrrrrrrrrrrrr
Jul 2, 7:56 PM
Oct 2019
ShiroAlex said:
Judging by the news that there will be two cours, all 6 volumes of the manga will be filmed, which according to the first series is too fast a narrative and a good opening, plus a pleasant heroine with a smart main character.

The anime gonna adapt the part 1 and 2 of the manga, it as been annonced.
Jul 2, 7:57 PM

Oct 2017
Wtf , mc died in first episode?

This is one of the most fast paced/ confusing death game i've ever seen .
But due to how ridiculous the whole premise is right now, i am curious to see what's going to happen next despite this might be dog shit in the end XD.
Jul 2, 8:22 PM
Dec 2023
Kinda ass, if I’m honest. Super fast paced and it feels like they literally couldn’t care less about the characters. Like no backstory. No emotional attachment. Nothing. Or at least nothing of real substance.
Jul 2, 8:34 PM

Sep 2019
lol wtf was that??? fun watch tho
Jul 2, 9:44 PM

Nov 2012
A wild ride, especially the end. If all the just dropped then there's only Eren is left (a possibly Sudo since a kick to the nuts didn't phase him).

Jul 2, 10:04 PM
Aug 2021
eps 1 is good story with bad cutscene
Jul 2, 10:39 PM
Nov 2022
absurd mistery anime, i never like this kind of anime that someone instantly die for no reason
Jul 2, 11:22 PM
Jan 2020
I'm sorry but the character designs are insultingly bland, I would've think I'm watching beyblade only to find out it's edgy death game shit again
Jul 2, 11:38 PM
Feb 2024
At least Gods' Game we play looked nice and was (almost) kinda clever. I barely made it through two minutes of this. I really do hope someone like this, but I'll be watching something else.
Jul 3, 12:14 AM

Aug 2013
This anime has some crazy pacing.

All over the place.

Privileged to stay revive I bet.

Kinda looks bad for now (the show).
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Show rank

CaffieneKitty - 8 hours ago

5 by TheMageDalamar »»
45 minutes ago

Poll: » Tasuuketsu Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 27

5 by Scootboi »»
Yesterday, 1:37 PM

Poll: » Tasuuketsu Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 20

14 by StateofOhayo »»
Aug 22, 12:57 AM

Poll: » Tasuuketsu Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 13

11 by PettankoLover »»
Aug 18, 12:18 PM

Poll: » Tasuuketsu Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 23

13 by kirA_-_ »»
Aug 17, 7:37 AM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.