Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
A Condition Called Love
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Apr 11, 9:55 AM

Nov 2011
So this is like a test for Hotaru. They're pairing her and Hananoi despite her inexperience with love and romance.

At least, she is happy about where she is and being able to spend time with her. This is like a journey for her to experience youth and what being in a relationship is like. Seems they're giving her time to change with personality too which I think has a lot of potential.
Apr 11, 9:56 AM

May 2020
This guy speaks the most corny lines ever. So it’s the duty of other people.. other normal people to point this thing out, but this girl, who is painted as the most oblivious thing, ever, our mother earth has seen can’t do the normal. I mean you know you don’t like a guy, but want to do the most girlfriend thing ever…

… coming and waiting for him 2 hours early in some park in bone chilling winter??? Like.. why?? Is this curiosity? No, it’s fucking stupidity. Also, what does she mean when she said even I could make someone happy?

She has a world other than that guy right? Her dog isn’t dead right? Her parents are still alive right? So.. lmaooo, stop with these cheesy lines. Their bucket list, I mean it’s still too early to make those things when you’ve just started dating the other morning right? By the way, speaking of just started dating, what kind of books, sites or friends do this main girl take references and suggestions from, such that if a guy tells her that they want to be someone special to her, she straight up suggests kissing.. kissing of all things lmaoooo.

And then that guy trying to force himself over her, because "hE iS So hEaD oVeR hEeLS fOr hEr", his heart would not be able to take such practical suggestions. Wow.
Softhenic03Apr 11, 10:11 AM
Apr 11, 10:12 AM

Apr 2016
Man, the first episode perfectly landed in showcasing that the main guy is a creep, and the second episode is not making him look any better, like i get it, he's at the beginning of his path, but i still need to comment on it.

But never mind that, because our heroine is like the most goofy captain oblivious out there, dont give up Hotaru, don't despair in your quest of being a proper girlfriend! One day you gonna land it!

Apr 11, 10:22 AM

Jul 2021
Mehn, this is quite boring even for a romance . The chemistry is lacking . I wish this had more comedy or drama. It's just dry for me.
Apr 11, 10:33 AM

Feb 2021
Still salty about Hananoi cutting his hair :')
He's... kinda insane what the hell lmao
Wtf all those cutouts of his parents look creepy. And there is a third person cut out?

It felt like I was watching a horror at some parts of the episode ToT. But people are saying that this is the process and that it'll be explained, so I'm gonna keep watching (I'd continue either way tho).
Apr 11, 10:38 AM

Mar 2021
Wow this story is going in a direction I wasn't expecting Hananoi seems to be getting more creepy and possessive I was hoping Hotaru might have been able to get him to calm down when she agreed to date him.
Apr 11, 11:09 AM
Jun 2019
nah bro something's wrong with hananoi
Apr 11, 11:13 AM

Aug 2022
I get this subtle feeling that hananoi is a yandere, as strange as he is I understand what he means by saying he wants to be special to her.

Honestly one of my favourite romances in a long while
Phantom_373Apr 11, 11:20 AM
Apr 11, 11:57 AM

Apr 2010
Well it seems the bond between them is getting closer but they still have to work some things out.
Hotaru seems a bit to focused on what a girlfriend is supposed to be and it seems she is still a bit shy of what others things but it looks like she is getting used to the idea.
Now she needs to make up her mind on wether she should keep dating or not.
Apr 11, 12:03 PM

Jun 2021
okay so hananoi gives me the creeps sometime yes he is hiding something obviously, especially his house. the cutout photos and hidden shelves??! i mean i dont believe he is bad bad but also he is not the greenest flag ever as we watched in ep 1. so im wondering what will more unravel about him:)
Apr 11, 12:06 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Pretty cute OP and i love the detailed character visuals as well. Hananoi sure is a rather curious one though. Handsome but very innocent. Though i guess Hotaru is very much the same. Still at least both are trying to learn what it means to be in a relationship. But having to get there two full hours early sounds tiring. Must be hard having parents that are rarely home. Things sure are escalating.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 11, 12:14 PM

Apr 2012
Why do I always feel like the show is deliberately teasing me with the idea that Hananoi is actually a dangerous man with stalkerish tendencies?
Apr 11, 12:19 PM
Level 6 esper

May 2021
It was okay, i hope we get more drama.
“Do what feels right in your heart. You will be criticized either way.” (Eleanor Roosevelt)
Apr 11, 12:31 PM

Nov 2011
it is not getting better xD
Apr 11, 12:36 PM
Feb 2023
The ending was…..questionable.
Apr 11, 12:40 PM

Jun 2022
WAAAAAAH JUST KISS ALREADY 。°(°.◜ᯅ◝°)°。 i knew itd end off with that as a cliffhanger but STILLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
also who else loves the obsessive male lead trope? just me? lol

Apr 11, 1:02 PM
May 2021
i really do love this show. so excited for the next episode and the absolutely adorable scene that takes place.

can't stand everyone hating on my boy hananoi though. like i understand why he could rub people the wrong way, but having read the manga im just like waiting for his story/character to be explained more so people will understand him better and stop just immediately jumping to the conclusion that he's a dangerous person
My 2023 candies:
Apr 11, 1:17 PM

Jun 2022
Reply to KennaIsANerd
i really do love this show. so excited for the next episode and the absolutely adorable scene that takes place.

can't stand everyone hating on my boy hananoi though. like i understand why he could rub people the wrong way, but having read the manga im just like waiting for his story/character to be explained more so people will understand him better and stop just immediately jumping to the conclusion that he's a dangerous person
@KennaIsANerd i agree!! him having a "creepy stalkerish" thing is rlly one of his flaws as a character imo

Apr 11, 1:31 PM
Jan 2024
The pictures of his parents having cut out pieces of it randomly
The shrine/curtain
I dont know man....kinda creepy guy to me, but hey its only episode two maybe he will lessen the acts he did in this episode....ahahahah...right?
Apr 11, 1:36 PM
Jun 2021
Some parts of this ep were cute, especially towards the beginning, but some parts…

Well, hotaru is adorable! I like having a main character that’s not sure about love, and I’m excited to see her grow throughout the series.

Hananoi… idk he kinda gave me the creeps, in the second half of the episode especially.

This show has been pretty cute so far, I just think it could do without some of the creepy comments from hananoi at the end. Like, I know that he’s supposed to be a weird guy, but weird doesn’t have to mean creepy.
Apr 11, 1:37 PM

Sep 2023
Now I really want this show to become darker after seeing Hananoi's room.
Apr 11, 2:11 PM

Nov 2016
Hananoi is crazy(obsessed) and I'm digging that this isn't a safe generic romance. The contrast between him and Hotaru not having a clue and who is still trying to figure things out for herself is quite interesting. Wonder where this will go.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 11, 2:14 PM
Jun 2013
red flag the anime, I really want this to become a "you"-like story, just follow the crazy, let's see where we get
Apr 11, 2:38 PM

Jun 2014
This guy has creep written all over him. It's gonna turn into another School Days
Apr 11, 2:48 PM

Jul 2021
okay, I heard someone saying that Hananoi was a bit possessive but that's a lot... He got like that just because of one little moment, he has so many creepy behaviors... He screams red flag, someone protect that girl from this weirdo '_'
Apr 11, 2:50 PM
Nov 2023
Having an opening theme called ‘Kimi no Sei’ is unacceptable, it belongs to Bunny Girl Senpai and the Peggies.
Other than that, fun characters. Hope it stays this good 👍🏼
Apr 11, 3:16 PM
Jan 2021
Well... that was a bit...rapey 😨😨😨
Apr 11, 3:47 PM
Nov 2018
I'm shocked at the score people give to this
Dude has all the signs of someone that will beat or kill her whenever she wants to end the relationship in the future
Apr 11, 3:53 PM
Oct 2020
Binged the manga after the first episode and now much more excited to watch this though I'd recommend reading the manga. Hananoi in the start is a bit of a red flag so I understand how some might not like him but him being like that is kinda why I went to read the manga to find out what kind of character he is. He just loves more intensively than most I think. Anyways keep watching if you like this or go read the manga.

Also in those family photos of his parents at 17:12, I think it's just the parent's patient being cut out not some sibling or him. Looking at the skin color it's clearing not him at least being cut out.

Apr 11, 3:55 PM
Feb 2020
i love this show! the protagonist girl is a lot like akari but she might be better
Apr 11, 4:11 PM

Jan 2022
I agree that Hananoi is completely overduing everything possibly due to previous relationship trauma. It seems like he's self harming in a way?? I don't think that Hotaru getting into a relationship with someone so clingy isn't the best idea. I hope we get to find out why Hananoi is the way he is, poor guy.

The art style isn't my favorite bc its kind of bland for a lack of better words, but overall, the anime seems cute.

I do find it weird that the pictures of his parents are all cut up. Why would his parents need to work overseas??

Also, can everyone chill on the "red flag" comments
This never updates so that's cool
Apr 11, 4:28 PM
Aug 2020
It’s original and strange at the same time…

The guy is definitely not a normal guy…

It’s the scenario that makes her open to go out with a guy that she doesn’t know…

I want to see what will happen next 🙊🙊🙊
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Apr 11, 4:41 PM
Nov 2018
I know it's fantasy but realistically this is the behavior of a very bad guy. Even for fantasy this is too much.
Sexual/romantic stuff has the power to influence a lot of people. Different of violence that usually requires the influenced one to have a loose screw already.
Too many dumb teenagers watching anime to let this pass. But not a surprise, people were ok with girls being sexually abused since the abuser was another girl and gave that anime a near 8 score. Romanticizing this stuff is normal for some crowds 🤷🏻‍♀️
PenteanoApr 11, 4:46 PM
Apr 11, 5:45 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Hotaru attempting to be a girlfriend was fun to watch, it was just unfortunate that she chose what seemed like the simplest option being waiting for Hananoi in the mornings like he did for her, only this lad gets there 2 whole hours early and freezes his ass off for that long, that is dedication right there lol, and although it was sweet how Hananoi was very happy and mentioned no one had ever waited on him before, I was thinking to myself that maybe it’s because of how stupid early he gets there lol, cute scene tho. And along with things like holding hands and finding foods they both like, things started going pretty smoothly all the way up to the agreed deadline which is Christmas.

And thanks to Keigo, Hotaru now has the idea of kissing in her head as she visits Hananoi’s home, and I’m ngl I got some slightly disturbing vibes from the cut up pictures at first which weren’t explained, but after the mention that his parents are doctors I put two and two together that those are probably random kids that are cut out, still a bit odd to see out in the open tho. There was also the shrine to Hotaru which we didn’t get to see, but imo this isn’t as off putting because we know how serious this lad is for his babe so I think it makes sense, he didn’t keep it a secret either which I appreciated. And at the end we got that very close and personal scene between the two of them, and Hananoi is kinda right about even going as far as they’re going isn’t something you’d do with someone you don’t like lol, Hotaru might already be in the love zone and she just doesn’t know it. And I’m betting something stops the kiss with the cliffhanger like that but we’ll just have to wait and see.
Apr 11, 6:47 PM

Nov 2010
Idk it didn't feel like he's creepy because it was clear to me since episode 1 that he's desperate for love. He's definitely the obsessed, jealous type of guy though.
Then again I looked at the title of this anime and it makes sense.
Apr 11, 6:49 PM
Apr 2023
Roses are red, Cacti are prickly, Oh my word that escalated quickly.
You know, I would like to think that Hananoi is just an average dude that really dotes on Hotaru, but something about him just feels very off, like stalker/yandere off. Maybe he’s not all that bad?? Maybe this is a major twist?? I don’t know man… He does at the very least seem obsessed with Hotaru, and um…that not right.
Apr 11, 7:33 PM
May 2017
Maybe I am reading the scene too much but I am concerned about Hotaru... Saki's behavior is suspect.
Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
Apr 11, 7:40 PM

Mar 2008
It's sweet how Hananoi is actually legitimately considerate for Hotaru, even though he does obviously have problems in how he neglects himself and just gets too strongly and easily in deep.

Embient said:

IKR? He looked more interesting and attractive that way.

Embient said:
Wtf all those cutouts of his parents look creepy. And there is a third person cut out?

I was going to just mention I noticed this too but since I'm already replying to you. Hard to guess who it is since it's presumably older photos so it could be anyone but I get the impression someone not around anymore more than I get the impression of it being Hananoi younger and tanned.

leonardobarba said:
Maybe I am reading the scene too much but I am concerned about Hotaru... Saki's behavior is suspect.

He really doesnt at all come off like a danger to anyone but himself and his relationship.
Apr 11, 7:51 PM

Feb 2019
Overall a cute episode with Hotaru and Hananoi trying to do things together like couples and finding out what makes a relationship a relationship.

But I still can’t help but feel a little concerned(actually a lot) for how Hananoi is treating relationships. He’s got a lot of emotional issues that need to be worked through and I hope they get addressed soon. Probably something from his past giving him attachment issues?

Hotaru on the other hand is doing her best to figure out what being a girlfriend means and how to pay back the kindness she’s been shown by Hananoi. She’s so adorable and I can see why fans of the manga like her so much

Very spicy ending to the episode, I figured Hananoi’s hormones would spill over at some point and they did there. Wonder if they’ll actually kiss in the next episode 😩
Marinate1016Apr 11, 10:26 PM
Apr 11, 7:54 PM

Mar 2012
Is this show gonna end up being a horror anime or something?

Hananoi acts like a total possessive psycho.
Apr 11, 7:55 PM

Dec 2021
I get that they're still testing things out, but it feels a bit weird. Hananoi seems like he's trying too hard to make Hotaru happy, almost to the point where it seems fake.

And I'm not sure if his feelings for her are genuine or if he's just really obsessed. It's a bit concerning because he might end up pressuring Hotaru to stay with him even if she doesn't want to. It's a complicated situation, and I feel bad for Hotaru.

Apr 11, 8:01 PM

Sep 2019
Hananoi gives me the ick🤮
Apr 11, 8:15 PM
May 2017
Reply to traed
It's sweet how Hananoi is actually legitimately considerate for Hotaru, even though he does obviously have problems in how he neglects himself and just gets too strongly and easily in deep.

Embient said:

IKR? He looked more interesting and attractive that way.

Embient said:

I was going to just mention I noticed this too but since I'm already replying to you. Hard to guess who it is since it's presumably older photos so it could be anyone but I get the impression someone not around anymore more than I get the impression of it being Hananoi younger and tanned.

leonardobarba said:

He really doesnt at all come off like a danger to anyone but himself and his relationship.
traed said:

Still expecting a love story instead of an unrelated prequel of Day of the Woman...
Mene, mene, tekel, parsin
Apr 11, 8:35 PM

Mar 2008
Reply to IzanaSolos
I get that they're still testing things out, but it feels a bit weird. Hananoi seems like he's trying too hard to make Hotaru happy, almost to the point where it seems fake.

And I'm not sure if his feelings for her are genuine or if he's just really obsessed. It's a bit concerning because he might end up pressuring Hotaru to stay with him even if she doesn't want to. It's a complicated situation, and I feel bad for Hotaru.
@IzanaSolos
It's different love styles. Hananoi has what is called manic love while Hotaru is presumably going through the storge route to love.
Apr 11, 8:55 PM

Nov 2012
...wa chotto!! Is dude a serial killer? Just cray?

Hananoi has more issues than I thought. And Hotaru! No sense of self preservation. Firstly, I would have "remembered I had to meet my mom" as soon as I saw the pix of his parents w/all the little brown kids cut out. I would have at least asked why or if there were no pictures with him and his 'rents. Secondly, why do I have to go into your room and sit on the floor, when you basically live alone and there are perfectly good tables and chairs right here? Lastly, Hotaru shrine? Oh great..will you look at the time... wtf! I was worried when she agreed to go to his place w/o anyone knowing where she was going before she got there. Then she gonna ask the disturbed young man to put his face close so she can see if she wants to kiss. They both need some couch session with a licensed therapist.
Apr 11, 9:17 PM

Apr 2022
hananoi real. still, i didn't like the manga that much at first but grew to like it as it went on, however the visuals for this adaptation are so bland that i don't think i can.
Apr 11, 9:52 PM
Aug 2012
Romance is my favorite genre, but this anime is just bad. Maybe unlucky this aired just after The Dangers in My Heart. I hate both Nananoi and Hotaru. I don't blame all the past girls for dumping him. I might try one more episode.
Apr 11, 10:10 PM
Mar 2015
They have reached a fork in the road
Apr 11, 10:15 PM
Jan 2024
It's nice I wanna see more
Apr 11, 10:33 PM
Oct 2019
I don't know what to say about this episode, I think Hananoi is very fixated on her, I'm afraid
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hananoi-kun to Koi no Yamai Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 9

58 by anime_ame »»
Sep 25, 7:43 PM

Poll: » Hananoi-kun to Koi no Yamai Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 20

75 by _MushiRock11_ »»
Sep 14, 7:29 AM

Poll: » Hananoi-kun to Koi no Yamai Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - May 16

45 by modboy »»
Sep 10, 1:14 PM

Poll: » Hananoi-kun to Koi no Yamai Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 4

153 by ANormalUser »»
Sep 8, 6:14 AM

Poll: » Hananoi-kun to Koi no Yamai Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 13

37 by SenseiSempai-san »»
Sep 7, 3:35 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.