Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 18, 2023 8:58 AM

Nov 2011
I really hope Konoha is more careful with the time trips. It seems she went back to 1996 rather than 1992 so times have changed again.

Not going to lie, it's still taking me some time to get used to her personality but she has such a curious mind. I do hope Konoha learns a lesson and use her opportunties wisely. At least she isn't alone and has support.
Oct 18, 2023 9:07 AM

Mar 2015
This comment is moreso about the whole series than this specific episode, but I really want to talk about just how much I’m enjoying this series. I didn’t get the chance to watch the first two episodes until 2 days ago but I was IMMEDIATELY hooked. I was interested as soon as I learned it was by the same author as “The World God Only Knows” which is my favorite animanga series ever but I didn’t expect this series to have so many similar vibes. The character writing, the humor, the art style, the absolute passion for games as a medium, even Konaha being a nice hybrid between Keima and Elsie…I’m not kidding when I say it felt like the Ratatouille meme and it was genuinely the most fun I think I’ve had watching a new series in a while. I was smiling the entire time and was super happy when I saw the “reality is just a crappy game” reference and all the focus on cute girls/heroines in games.

Konoha is already one of the most likable characters of the season to me also, I feel like she’s been a great mix of just a fun character while also having some really nice character moments (A game that doesn’t dare to dream isn’t a game at all!) so far and her energy has been one of the major things carrying this series so far. I’m also really loving the expressiveness this series gives her. Plot hasn’t picked up a ton yet but the character dynamics have been great and I’m super excited to see where the series goes from here.

This episode was also another fun time! I’m hoping this series manages to pick up some more buzz since I haven’t seen many people talk about it before now, which is a shame because it may have surpassed Frieren as the series I’m enjoying the most so far this season.
Oct 18, 2023 9:16 AM
Sep 2021
is the ED card of the episode.
Oct 18, 2023 10:27 AM

Apr 2014
This episode was revealing something very important and interesting. Konoha can use those old games for time-traveling to their publishing year, and those games will be erased from existence after she uses its power.
何それ?意味分かんない
Oct 18, 2023 10:29 AM

Jul 2017
Konoha is back in 2023 at her usual lowly illustrator job, but she hopes to go back in time again, but how? One of her works at the old Alcohol Soft got published but it's already out of soale since it's a DOS game and made from a no-name game studio anyways. But Konoha is persistent to find a way back, though she still has one game from the granny that does the same to being her back in time...this time in 1996. But this time, she meets Mamoru being in an angry state while recovering with the others once again after being missing for 4 years. From DOS to Windows gaming, at least the times are now catching with her...except that her iPad failed to power up once again falling into a pool. The thing is, Mamoru's mentality is stuck in the past, and Konoha has to bring him back...how could Kaori say no?

If the rumors of the future are held to be true, then Mamoru is in trouble. That said, while a shop is selling eroge, R-18 Bishoujo games like Kizuato and Welcome to Pia Carrot like hotcakes at the time, Konoha finds a girl who interests her, and Toya Yamada follows her into the shop being a shy girl who's unabashly loving Bishoujo games like Konoha. The grown-up Mamoru in 1996 is the same age as Konoha, and his love for old PCs like the PC-9801 are quite the fanatic. It's clear that he's salty about Konoha leaving and only to come back after 4 years, it feels like a whiplash. But to give Konoha a pop quiz about the ports on an old computer, it feels insulting to programmers like Mamoru who are reluctantly and mentally stuck in the past.

Even the love for a computer piques Konoha of Mamory's interest, but tampering with history, that's the one thing that Mamoru won't stand for.

What a jerk, but there're people like him all around...
Oct 18, 2023 10:36 AM

Feb 2009
The screenwriter for this episode was also the writer of Kizuato which as mentioned in this episode was released on the same day as Pia Carrot in 1996 and got destroyed by it in sales.

Nice Rance end card.
Oct 18, 2023 10:39 AM

Mar 2021
Really enjoying this show so far Konoha is such a sweetheart and I hope she can bring Mamoru back to the company
Oct 18, 2023 10:39 AM

Oct 2017
So Konoha can go back to the past using those games given by the grandma. I wonder if she has a time limit to how many days she can stay or is it just untill she finishes making a game. Also each time she goes back will time move on for a few years like this time or not. Mamoru sure grew up to be real passionate about pc to the point it's creepy. New girl seems interesting.

Really enjoyed this episode too and I want more of everyone from the company. Hope she can stay there for a while this time.
Oct 18, 2023 10:45 AM

Nov 2011
Damn didn't think about the game concept with her traveling back in time to when those games were created. Interesting aspect. I'm sure that girl in the beginning of the episode is playing a factor as well.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Oct 18, 2023 10:51 AM

Sep 2013
Mamoru got nerfed. In the manga, two sisters are looking for him, so no KIKILALA in this adaptation. :(
But still, I really like this adaptation and how they handled the source material.
Oct 18, 2023 11:01 AM
Sep 2015
I've to accept the fact that this is not the kind of anime where the lead will abuse her time traveling as some kind of cheating ability. It's more of a "God has plan for her" kind of anime. Yes, she can time travel, but she's gotta follow strict rules, no future product, no future usable knowledge, etc.
Oct 18, 2023 11:25 AM

Apr 2021
doing the same bit with her tablet not working so she can't proof her skill (and being a time traveler) wasn't even funny the first time. And an annonying cliche on top.

Hope she meets that shy glasses girl again^^
Oct 18, 2023 11:39 AM

Aug 2022
Reply to Wieczorny
Mamoru got nerfed. In the manga, two sisters are looking for him, so no KIKILALA in this adaptation. :(
But still, I really like this adaptation and how they handled the source material.
@Wieczorny kikilala are in the ED, so the probability is there
Oct 18, 2023 11:39 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Given how old they are finding Alcoholsoft again gonna be tough. Gosh that sure was one heck of a surprise for the swim team. A girl airdropping into their pool. Imagine being lost for four whole years though. I guess its pretty rare for girls back then to show an interest in Bishoujo games. But man the way that Mamoru see's computers though is a tad creepy. Trying to change is mind though is gonna take some work.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 18, 2023 12:04 PM

Feb 2007
Ah, looks like I was right and she is indeed going through the years of the games she received. Which means we can figure out her next destinations as well. I guess her job will now be keeping Alcohol Soft alive until her own time by making the necessary changes in each leap, and eventually making her dream game there.
Oct 18, 2023 12:31 PM

Nov 2016
So when I want to go back to 1996 I just have to play Resident Evil? Aight, bet.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 18, 2023 1:35 PM

Apr 2010
For those wondering that Windows version they where using is Windows 95 which was actually pretty decent for Windows at least it didn't have that much useless crap and it didn't need 20 gb to run unlike the current versions of Windows, if you value you Disk space go with Fedora or Archlinux you can even run pretty much all games on that now especially if you use Steam.
Anyway Konoha needs to invest in a waterproof tablet next time since that swimming pool is most likely what killed it, and she actually had power this time.
It also looks like storywise she seems to need to convince Mamoru for making that game if the current trend continues my guess is that she ends up working for that company instead of the black company she is currently working for.
Oct 18, 2023 3:53 PM
Aug 2020
i'm still confused about the plot...

i was not expecting the 4 years...

apart that, i will want to know what will happen next...
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Oct 18, 2023 4:04 PM

Sep 2018
Touya is so cute!! Her character design is immaculate. I hope we see more of her soon.
Oct 18, 2023 4:23 PM
Dec 2020
I was shocked to see Puffy making a quick mention in this episode! One of the best bands of all time in my eyes. Love true Asia!
Oct 18, 2023 4:54 PM
Jun 2020
Ofcourse there's gonna be a reason why she can't show off her modern tech. This time she fell into a pool.
Kinda frustrating ngl
Oct 18, 2023 4:56 PM
Mar 2018
Reply to Aversa
For those wondering that Windows version they where using is Windows 95 which was actually pretty decent for Windows at least it didn't have that much useless crap and it didn't need 20 gb to run unlike the current versions of Windows, if you value you Disk space go with Fedora or Archlinux you can even run pretty much all games on that now especially if you use Steam.
Anyway Konoha needs to invest in a waterproof tablet next time since that swimming pool is most likely what killed it, and she actually had power this time.
It also looks like storywise she seems to need to convince Mamoru for making that game if the current trend continues my guess is that she ends up working for that company instead of the black company she is currently working for.
Aversa said:
or those wondering that Windows version they where using is Windows 95 which was actually pretty decent for Windows at least it didn't have that much useless crap and it didn't need 20 gb to run unlike the current versions of Windows, if you value you Disk space go with Fedora or Archlinux you can even run pretty much all games on that now especially if you use Steam.

100% sure the 2023 Mamoru uses either Arch or TempleOS, but nothing else.
Maybe Konoha should have said him the painful truth that in the future 90% of users run Windows.

Also, her company doesn't really look like a black company. The only employee which is in a bad mental shape seems to be like that because of shitstorms on social medias, not because of the company itself. Moreover, the anime clearly shows don't overwork ; at 19h00 exactly they leave. What bothers Konoha is that the company doesn't want to take artistical risks but prefer to create average, bland games that will sell nonetheless.
Oct 18, 2023 6:48 PM

Aug 2017
Once again I really liked the episode.
This series really knows how to surprise you - never expected a 4 year skip in the third episode. Just got used to Kaori's cute cat hat.😸

I like how you can always learn something about old computers. We were one of the first to buy PCs in the 90s, and Windows 95 just brings back so many great memories for me.🖳

This means Konoha can travel back to the year in which the game was developed. I wonder what would happen if she next picked up a game, which was developed between 1992 and 1996.
In addition her actions in the 90s could have an impact on the present that no one but her would notice, like in a Hououin-Kyouma way.
I also wonder if she could possibly meet Mamorou, Kaori and Meiko again in 2023. They would be in their 40ties now.
lumjulianOct 18, 2023 6:52 PM
Oct 18, 2023 6:53 PM

Apr 2022
sugita sneaking into another show as the afro dude lol, konoha can be annoying but i like the bishoujo game chick. '96 now huh.
Oct 18, 2023 7:22 PM

Nov 2011
I simply cannot not believe this nonsense was made by the creator for KamiNomi, one of my top list anime...

Ugh, dropped. Hard.
Oct 18, 2023 7:38 PM

Sep 2016
this series is so sweet , i’m loving it so far
Oct 18, 2023 8:40 PM
Apr 2020
mamoru is finally at the same age as konoha, get shipping ready boyz
Oct 18, 2023 10:21 PM
Nov 2022
Windows is the best thing that has happened to the world of computing 🚬

Why doesn't anyone talk about the incredible work that Konoha's Seiyuu is doing? The voice and tones she achieves are amazing, without a doubt one of the best of the season.

It seems that Konoha travels in time to the moment the video game is sold but... why do they disappear? ._.
Oct 19, 2023 1:07 AM

Mar 2008
I was thinking, what happens if Konoha gets ahold of the same games she loses or even other ones? Would leaping through time with them make them back to her time have this time traveling ability like the others? So she could go back without limit. Though i dont see it playing out that way.

phantomfandom said:
I've to accept the fact that this is not the kind of anime where the lead will abuse her time traveling as some kind of cheating ability. It's more of a "God has plan for her" kind of anime. Yes, she can time travel, but she's gotta follow strict rules, no future product, no future usable knowledge, etc.

Well of course. She isnt interested in for fame just passion. So she isnt going to rip off future games she loves. I saw that coming and is more interesting than just watching her ripoff stuff. Though it is likely she would possibly accidentally introduce a trope or concept of some kind too soon.
Oct 19, 2023 1:11 AM
Jan 2013
Reply to Enel-
This comment is moreso about the whole series than this specific episode, but I really want to talk about just how much I’m enjoying this series. I didn’t get the chance to watch the first two episodes until 2 days ago but I was IMMEDIATELY hooked. I was interested as soon as I learned it was by the same author as “The World God Only Knows” which is my favorite animanga series ever but I didn’t expect this series to have so many similar vibes. The character writing, the humor, the art style, the absolute passion for games as a medium, even Konaha being a nice hybrid between Keima and Elsie…I’m not kidding when I say it felt like the Ratatouille meme and it was genuinely the most fun I think I’ve had watching a new series in a while. I was smiling the entire time and was super happy when I saw the “reality is just a crappy game” reference and all the focus on cute girls/heroines in games.

Konoha is already one of the most likable characters of the season to me also, I feel like she’s been a great mix of just a fun character while also having some really nice character moments (A game that doesn’t dare to dream isn’t a game at all!) so far and her energy has been one of the major things carrying this series so far. I’m also really loving the expressiveness this series gives her. Plot hasn’t picked up a ton yet but the character dynamics have been great and I’m super excited to see where the series goes from here.

This episode was also another fun time! I’m hoping this series manages to pick up some more buzz since I haven’t seen many people talk about it before now, which is a shame because it may have surpassed Frieren as the series I’m enjoying the most so far this season.
@Enel-
Lol this sereis cannot be compared to twgok.it seems too unfocused.Does it want to be a time travel story,a dating sim exploration or a mamoru kun story?

Its a big mess now
genesic123Oct 19, 2023 1:21 AM

Oct 19, 2023 2:48 AM
Mar 2018
Reply to ryzxgum
sugita sneaking into another show as the afro dude lol, konoha can be annoying but i like the bishoujo game chick. '96 now huh.
@ryzxgum So I wasn't the only one to notice. Sugita is really sneaking in any anime, in'it ?
Oct 19, 2023 6:10 AM

Sep 2010
Aversa said:
I wouldn't count on it. Whatever force sent her back the first time was seemingly content to let the freezing December weather and insufficient charge prevent her devices from turning on. Now it sees her charged battery and responds with water damage. x.x

imperosol said:
Maybe Konoha should have said him the painful truth that in the future 90% of users run Windows.
Also, USB has replaced almost all of those ports, although I still need a usb-to-serial converter to do some of what I do. I'm also tempted to tell Mamoru that Windows has proliferated and any PC game has to run on it, but maybe Konoha's answer is better if it lets him keep doing what he's passionate about. I'm reminded of stories about close-to-the-hardware tricks employed to make Crash Bandicoot work as well as it did on the original Playstation hardware.

Okay, let's take stock of what's changed on Konoha's shelf (my best guess at least).
Episode 1:

From right to left:
Hapymaher - REGRET END (2023/05/26, Purple software)
Amairo*Islenauts (2013/07/26, Yuzusoft)
Tenshi☆Souzou RE-BOOT! (2023/04/28, Yuzusoft)
Riddle Joker (2018/03/30, Yuzusoft)
Café Stella to Shinigami no Chou (2019/12/20, Yuzusoft)
DRACU-RIOT! (2012/03/30, Yuzusoft)
Senren * Banka (2016/07/29, Yuzusoft)
Hamidashi Creative (2020/09/25, Madosoft)
Hamidashi Creative Totsu (2022/11/25, Madosoft)
Koihime Musou (2007/01/26, BaseSon)
Hapymaher -Fragmentation Dream- (2014/02/28, Purple software)
Hapymaher (2013/02/28, Purple software)
Aoi Tori (2017/11/24, Purple software)

Episode 3:

DRACU-RIOT! , Hamidashi Creative Totsu and Koihime Musou are missing, but strangely, another game has been added; an older one at that:
Natural ~Mi mo Kokoro mo~ (1998/02/06, Fairytale)

Also, some of the time-travelling games received from the game store:
Doukyuusei (1992/12/17, elf) [consumed]
Kakyuusei (1996/06/07, elf)
Kizuato (1996/07/26, Leaf) [consumed]
Comic Party (1999/05/28, Leaf)
Kanon (1999/06/04, Key)
Sengoku Rance (2006/12/15, Alice Soft)

Removing the game store's label appears to trigger time travel.
TakataOct 19, 2023 6:28 AM
Oct 19, 2023 6:13 AM

Feb 2014
some translators made a mistake translating the 9800 series to Win 98.
but in anime they mention 9800 series.
<wiki>
The PC-9800 series, commonly shortened to PC-98 or 98, is a lineup of Japanese 16-bit and 32-bit personal computers manufactured by NEC from 1982 to 2000.
Oct 19, 2023 6:37 AM
Mar 2023
In the end, I feel as if the loli goddess of video games, who we saw at the beginning, sends Konoha to the past or the present as she pleases, but depending on how it affects the timeline of the projects and releases that occurred at that time, she decides. what to do with it later. Well, at least the poor thing is happy making bishoujo games, so she has to wait until next week to see if she can bring Mamoru back.
Oct 19, 2023 7:17 AM

Mar 2015
Reply to genesic123
@Enel-
Lol this sereis cannot be compared to twgok.it seems too unfocused.Does it want to be a time travel story,a dating sim exploration or a mamoru kun story?

Its a big mess now
@genesic123

I'll let em cook to see where it goes and I think there's a lot of potential with the plot setup they've done, just depends on execution. Right now, biggest strength is the character stuff, especially Konoha.
Oct 19, 2023 7:50 AM

Sep 2018
Loved seeing the mc play detective to bring the guy back. This was pretty funny and sweet episode. With that 4 year time gap no wonder they are skeptical on hiring her.
Oct 19, 2023 2:30 PM
Sep 2023
Kind of boring so far
Oct 19, 2023 5:00 PM
elk sensei

Oct 2013
pretty much a let down episode. Nothing but stupid cliche's and saying all the wrong things
Oct 19, 2023 7:13 PM
Aug 2018
This time travel is something interesting, Kanoha's personality pleases me, this was the weakest of the episodes so far but I think this work has a lot to improve.
Oct 20, 2023 4:41 PM

Aug 2020
1996 now, eh? An important year in technology. It seems our guy Mamoru is not so friendly with Windows - the new brand -, and Konoha will have a hard time convincing him. It's understandable somehow, since this was an abrupt change for a boy like him so passionate.

I hope she finds a way, since Alcohol Soft's production depends on it. Maybe she will even find her place in this indie company!

Oct 20, 2023 8:47 PM

Dec 2022
Guessing the dog purposely led her to time leap onto a pool to ruin any technology she brings with.
Also whats with the aquarium on top of Alcohol Soft at the beginning?
Oct 23, 2023 1:15 AM
Jan 2018
This is a must-watch anime, really shocked how many uncultured otakus we have in the anime community that would rather watch mid shows like Boku no Hero, and SAO when this is literally a fascinating and yet educational gem. I miss the old times when everyone had better taste and respect for how far anime has come…
Oct 23, 2023 1:49 PM
Mar 2015
Reply to imperosol
Aversa said:
or those wondering that Windows version they where using is Windows 95 which was actually pretty decent for Windows at least it didn't have that much useless crap and it didn't need 20 gb to run unlike the current versions of Windows, if you value you Disk space go with Fedora or Archlinux you can even run pretty much all games on that now especially if you use Steam.

Also, her company doesn't really look like a black company. The only employee which is in a bad mental shape seems to be like that because of shitstorms on social medias, not because of the company itself. Moreover, the anime clearly shows don't overwork ; at 19h00 exactly they leave. What bothers Konoha is that the company doesn't want to take artistical risks but prefer to create average, bland games that will sell nonetheless.
@imperosol I don't think Mamoru's complaints reflect the average programmer's opinion at the time. Sure, making games for Windows was shit before there was DirectX (notorious Disney's Lion King game blue screens). The Windows Game SDK was not very good (I think Captain Claw was made using that), but it still beats having to write drivers INTO the game you made, for each individual device the user could possibly own, cuz that's what you did in DOS.

Got a standard mouse? Cool, the programmer probably assumed you will use that for the game and programmed a driver for it into the game. Mouse slightly different? Good luck. Joysticks? The better games offered drivers for 3-4 different ones, hope yours is compatible. Sound cards? NIGHTMARE! There was a gazillion different sound cards with different amount of channels, different FM synthesizers, different RAM, different bit depth, different soundfonts... You're making a 3D game and wanna support the VoodooFX graphics card? You literally have to write the driver yourself for the entire graphics card - the entire vertex and geometry processing all the way to rasterization. Although chances they already wrote that for the CPU, cuz many games had software renderers back then. Still, you had to solve parallelization.

Mamoru is just not being real here.
Oct 23, 2023 10:21 PM

Jan 2017
If only Mamoru knows how obsolete DOS is compared to Windows in the near future..
Oct 25, 2023 5:58 PM

Jan 2022
Why doesn't she explain herself to anyone?? It's so annoying!!!!! So what happened to her body when she went back to the future? Did it just disappear and everyone forgot about that? 256kb?? Lmao that's hilarious. Am I the only one who finds Konoha obnoxious? I hate her voice so much
This never updates so that's cool
Dec 5, 2023 1:04 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
I like how they're adding another 4 years time travel so there is a little bit of upgrade regarding the technologies, now Mamoru became a real windows hater lmao
Dec 19, 2023 1:32 AM

Dec 2018
this episode is really frustrating. it should be fairly simple to prove she's a time traveler. how did no one freak out at the site of her ipad? even if it didn't turn on, they have to have some questions, or open it up and look at it. also the whole "don't change time" think is only if you go back to deliberately do that. if you don't know how to return and don't know how long you're going to be there, then yeah you're going to have to live a life there. it's not like she mailed her ipad to apple/windows so they could radically change computing.
Dec 31, 2023 9:02 AM
Nov 2019
The mc never stops shouting, it's irritating. There is nothing appealing to me in the story.
Mar 16, 6:16 PM

Mar 2013
After 4 years, of course, they'll have some heartaches because of Konoha leaving suddenly like that.
Now, another adventure to create a game with a stubborn boy. (I somehow ship them for some reason)

P.S. The girl who wants to buy a bishoujo earlier was quite a hottie... 😳
Even the guys buying the games are so embarrassed... 🤣

Even I, was creeped out, but it was still hilarious. 🥲
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Mar 19, 2:39 PM

Aug 2008
The tablet she has could easily prove she's a time-traveler. It's ahead of anything an individual could buy at that time.

More topics from this board

Poll: » 16bit Sensation: Another Layer Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 27, 2023

110 by HandStuckInTable »»
May 7, 3:10 PM

Poll: » 16bit Sensation: Another Layer Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 22, 2023

88 by Trentsuki »»
Apr 27, 12:19 PM

Poll: » 16bit Sensation: Another Layer Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 13, 2023

73 by lasodamos »»
Apr 11, 2:11 PM

Poll: » 16bit Sensation: Another Layer Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 4, 2023

126 by lasodamos »»
Apr 1, 1:49 PM

Poll: » 16bit Sensation: Another Layer Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 15, 2023

79 by GavrocheN7 »»
Mar 21, 9:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.