Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Reign of the Seven Spellblades (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Jul 10, 2023 9:42 PM

Apr 2021
Now, another series to look forward to every week.

Jul 11, 2023 12:01 AM

Dec 2012
You’re telling me this prestigious magic school is throwing a parade in town with zero security? That could have used some more workshopping
Jul 11, 2023 3:23 AM
Jan 2020
the character designs are goddamn too fucking generic that good animation can't even save it
Jul 11, 2023 5:58 AM

Jul 2017
The first volume definitely was a lot to get through when I first read it, and this introduction episode definitely showcased that since it did feel really slow to get through. The first volume isn't awful but boy did it have a ton of exposition and shit going on and the anime's premiere had to burden with the novel's issues here too. There is actually some decent elements to this series to come that should somewhat improve reception of this show at least with providing a hook to the story, since the first episode I can see why it could fail to leave much impressions on viewers besides maybe the ending portion.
Jul 11, 2023 11:07 AM
May 2014
I was expecting absolutely NOTHING going into it. Just another filler with a magical academy in the background. The art of this anime is absolutely average and nothing stands out. Phasing is compressed to an absolute minimum, which gives us the feeling that this is another season and not the beginning of a story. This feeling, however, disappears after the first few minutes, when we realize that the animation of this production is at a surprisingly good level. The author shows off a colorful world and quite interesting characters. The music is where it should be, and the first hints on the backstory of individual characters give hope for something surprisingly interesting. The seemingly boring and totally clichéd MC has something interesting to say about his surroundings and family. The heroine turns out to be a kind of archetype of the character (warrior, samurai, lighthearted, positive attitude towards the world, goofy, but with the heart on the right side - we know it and we are often able to buy it with the benefit of inventory, even in the biggest junk). Here, however, it turns out to be covered by the author with very unconventional motives and the attempt to add an interesting mystery to it does not turn out to be a cheap cliché and it can be said that he succeeds in this procedure with flying colors. Small elements of the presented world (flora, fauna and other magical phenomena of everyday life) are clearly well thought out and it becomes obvious that the author did not want to throw them there in order to diversify something only because he really had his own beauty for all this. a magical vision that he has consistently implemented from the very beginning of history. I only hope that we will not see a downward trend here, and that what promises to be a really good story will not be raped by dozens of reasons why similar series in the past have fallen to the bottom and seaweed.
Jul 11, 2023 1:33 PM

May 2018
good start, very nicely animated. Let's see how this progresses
Jul 11, 2023 2:29 PM

Apr 2013
OP_Rider said:
Zefyris said:

Let me tell you a solid bro, don't ever judge an anime with it's author (maybe do judge it but) judge it more as individually only the anime itself. A lot of guys like you new generations make this mistake I see. Bro as a Human being you are not omnipotential. As you are not good at every subject test you take or in every sports, authors are the same. They are also human and not good with every genre they make..... So don't judge it only with that alone. And I don't know Bokuto Uno, never heard of him (sorry). And it's probably better if the main characters died, they should've died in the 1st ep, then it would've been interesting.
Before commenting on #42 I read all the previous ones thought I might be wrong for not Liking this anime but after reading them turns out I was right. Majority of them didn't like it. Thats 90 out of 100, only 10 enjoyd (maybe less). Liking the anime is totally up to you, you can like the LN or the anime, not judging your preferences. But telling people their individual opinions don't matter that is not right. You can't survive like that. Better believe it. Everybody matters bro.

And who is Koala12345? Tell me the truth, it's your background 2nd account, isn't it?

Oh don't worry, I'm judging because I've read THIS novel too. Up to all of what is currently available in Japanese too (11 vols). I was talking in general terms about the author in order to not spoil anyone, NOT because I don't know where this story will be going.
Death without purpose and weight can be useful to set up a tone, but killing one of the main character before she could get developed or without purpose is almost always bad writing. Killing another student instead of Katie in that incident could have been an okay choice (though the whole point here was to keep it "light", to contrast to some of the stuff coming later), but killing Katie would have been such a massive loss of potential. This authors does kill main character, but not like an incompetent author that kills just for the sake of killing and the edginess. This author knows better and properly use important character death.

Also about being of the "new generation", my first anime was in the 80s. I'm quite probably your "senpai" both in life and anime rather than you being mine. So speaking of giving advices to the "younger generations", I'd just like to remind you that this is a novel adaptation. And that regular novel's regular writing, is to have a fairly decent sized prologue. Especially for multi volume series like this one. And during a prologue, you do not know yet what will be the story about, it's building the initial situation, setting, and the characters. It's the NORMAL WAY to tell a story, and the way manga, original anime and WN for example tells the story in way that often almost fully skips the prologue to jump into the main part of the story. That's because they are published chapter per chapter, so they need to hook readers/viewers before the end of the first chapter/episode. Whereas traditional novel writing doesn't need that. They're published by full volumes. Which translates in prologues potentially taking several episodes.

Right now, no anime only (unless they've been spoiled) know what's this story about. You don't either. Magic academy is not what's the story is about, it's the setting. You don't really know any character, let alone their motivations or anything . In other words, while you may not like it even after knowing what's about indeed, I would warn you about deciding that BEFORE reaching the end of a story prologue. And this, in every single story, unless you don't like the setting or the main genre itself for example (but in which case, you should have probably known that before starting watching and just avoid that anime altogether, so I'll assume that it's not the care here ).

You do you, but I'm certainly not impressed by peoples that are judging the story (in both way) by the end of this episode (or even worse, half way through it for some peoples rofl). Not sure why especially some peoples were so proud to announce to the world that they couldn't even have the attention span to make it through one 20 min episode just because it was written the regular way and had a decently long prologue, NGL.

Now I'll give peoples this though : Considering the length that this prologue is going to be, this is a case where a double episode for the first episode would have been really, really useful to tell peoples more about what will be that story. They should have really done that ImO.

Oh and PS : I don't know that person obviously. I don't even have a second account on MAL anyway, never had.x)
ZefyrisJul 12, 2023 10:44 AM
Jul 11, 2023 7:29 PM
May 2022
Not bad… but not great. With proper world building it could be alright. Not really in love with the characters especially the main protag. It’s hard to know how this one will turn out but it’s got 2 more episodes to pull me in before I drop it.
Jul 11, 2023 7:35 PM
Apr 2020
CG_Omega said:
I cant find it in myself to watch an anime Ive seen 25 times already, but with differently proportioned girls or differing hair. I dont have it in me.
You must hate all anime then cause a lot of anime are like this.
Jul 12, 2023 11:23 AM
Feb 2018
Where are y'all finding this series? I only know of two legitimate anime services left for English viewers, and uh, neither one seems to have this on it............

Is there some kind of bootleg site out there that just INSTANTLY subtitles stuff? Or am I missing something here?
Jul 12, 2023 11:44 PM
Sep 2022
Finally the anime of the manga came out at long last. Can't tell why people are liking the show instead of loving it, probably they don't get it since it's still fresh at episode 1 or because it has the fantasy magical sword spice in it like the rest of magical sword action animes. We'll have to burst their bubbles it's a bit different, read the manga and you'll know. Or just wait for episode 2 till the end
Jul 13, 2023 12:46 AM
Sep 2022
There should be more live than like and more ratings with 5 stars than 4. Cuz this is gonna be a banging blast,maybe it's because y'all are just on episode 1. Well let's keep on adventuring with it.
Jul 13, 2023 12:49 AM
Sep 2022
KANLen09 said:
From novelist Bokuto Uno, comes his 2nd anime adaptation, 7 years exact after Summer 2016's Nejimaki Seirei Senki: Tenkyou no Alderamin a.k.a Alderamin on the Sky, with this show, which has the Kage no Jitsuryokusha a.k.a Eminence in Shadow vibes from the PV alone.

The prestigious Kimberly Magic Academy, home to students of all kinds, and has Harry Potter's Hogwarts feel with all of the mythical creatures and magic elements with its parade. Though with a dispelling magic spell, an orange-haired girl almost becomes embroiled in a major accident with a troll going berserk, which apart from a group of students seeking to work together to take it down, instead, a samurai girl eradicates it with ease, at the expense of her strong Innocent Color power.

The main MC being surprised by the samurai girl's magic power is one thing, and with the entrance ceremony, the introduction of Headmistress Esmeralda and the school that prides itself in freedom and results, a total resounding time of 7 years where only 80% of students make it out alive and the 20% consumed by their own spells, it's no joke when life and death is on the line. That, with the welcoming banquet in the likeness style of Hogwarts, finally introduces the MC crew of Michela McFarlane, Katie Aalto (the girl who got saved), Guy Greenwood, Pete Reston, Oliver Horn, and the samurai girl Nanao Hibiya, who comes in as the special recommendation after being saved by Michela's father, who also a part-time lecturer in Kimberly. The 6 of them sure get along nicely, regardless of their differences.

The entrance ceremony is over, and Oliver rests with Pete as his roommate, Though Oliver wakes up early to find a Gwyn convert operative by the name of Teresa Carste supervising his every move, it's Nanao taking a bath in the public in front of the boys' dormitory, which he insulates with a barrier. Though she reminds Oliver of someone familiar, his familiarity with Nanao will be one to shape his school life.

A rather interesting fantasy show worth keeping my eyes on, and J.C.Staff has been on a roll recently. I'll intrigued by what this show will have to offer since I've never watched Alderamin before.

Maji
Seriously I need to go and watch Nejimaki seirei senki then, had it on my laptop but I haven't completed it due to school.
But I don't see any resemblance to kage no jitsuryokusha except the clothes. Besides the manga is old and came out before eminence in shadow garden anime
Jul 13, 2023 1:58 AM
Feb 2022
I'm loving this, let me not spoil anything
Jul 13, 2023 1:59 AM
Feb 2022
KANLen09 said:
From novelist Bokuto Uno, comes his 2nd anime adaptation, 7 years exact after Summer 2016's Nejimaki Seirei Senki: Tenkyou no Alderamin a.k.a Alderamin on the Sky, with this show, which has the Kage no Jitsuryokusha a.k.a Eminence in Shadow vibes from the PV alone.

The prestigious Kimberly Magic Academy, home to students of all kinds, and has Harry Potter's Hogwarts feel with all of the mythical creatures and magic elements with its parade. Though with a dispelling magic spell, an orange-haired girl almost becomes embroiled in a major accident with a troll going berserk, which apart from a group of students seeking to work together to take it down, instead, a samurai girl eradicates it with ease, at the expense of her strong Innocent Color power.

The main MC being surprised by the samurai girl's magic power is one thing, and with the entrance ceremony, the introduction of Headmistress Esmeralda and the school that prides itself in freedom and results, a total resounding time of 7 years where only 80% of students make it out alive and the 20% consumed by their own spells, it's no joke when life and death is on the line. That, with the welcoming banquet in the likeness style of Hogwarts, finally introduces the MC crew of Michela McFarlane, Katie Aalto (the girl who got saved), Guy Greenwood, Pete Reston, Oliver Horn, and the samurai girl Nanao Hibiya, who comes in as the special recommendation after being saved by Michela's father, who also a part-time lecturer in Kimberly. The 6 of them sure get along nicely, regardless of their differences.

The entrance ceremony is over, and Oliver rests with Pete as his roommate, Though Oliver wakes up early to find a Gwyn convert operative by the name of Teresa Carste supervising his every move, it's Nanao taking a bath in the public in front of the boys' dormitory, which he insulates with a barrier. Though she reminds Oliver of someone familiar, his familiarity with Nanao will be one to shape his school life.

A rather interesting fantasy show worth keeping my eyes on, and J.C.Staff has been on a roll recently. I'll intrigued by what this show will have to offer since I've never watched Alderamin before.

Soudesuka that's great I'mma go check it out
Jul 13, 2023 2:00 AM
Feb 2022
IzanaSolos said:
Here we go again with the fantasy school anime, this one gives me Maou Gakuin no Futekigousha x Kage no Jitsuryokusha ni Naritakute vibes. This episode introduces us to a world where magic and these deadly irreversible techniques known as spellblades, most people that use this technique are cryptic people that don't reveal themselves in the public. 

The episode does an excellent job of balancing action while introducing us to this world and for once I'm intrigued in it's world, the worldbuilding in just the first episode is clear of what any fantasy show could hope to accomplish in their entire run. While there are several exhilarating battle sequences, there are also moments of quiet reflection and mystery. The end of the episode leaves me with numerous questions and an eagerness to continue watching for the coming weeks I have to say. The opening also gives me major Harry Potter vibes

One minor flaw is that the episode occasionally introduces a few too many characters and concepts at once for the typical fan, which even had me slightly overwhelmed at times. However, this can be forgiven as the story gradually unfolds and provides a deeper understanding of the world and its inhabitants. 

Overall, with its average animation, intriguing characters, and a well-established fantasy world, it successfully hooks me and leaves them craving for more. If you're a fan of fantasy adventures with a touch of mystery and captivating magic systems, this is definitely a series to come to check out every week!

Maou gakuin vibes? And kage no jitsuryokusha hmm
Jul 13, 2023 2:01 AM
Feb 2022
Softhenic03 said:
Knowing JC Staff I know they gonna fumble going forward.. I mean that's just how they work. Though kind of a generic art and plain setting to be honest, so I wouldn't really care if this do get the short end of the stick later.

Watchable for now, but that's just it.

Nah I disagree
Marinate1016 said:
FINALLY. The REAL anime Harry potter is here. Man I wish I could’ve streamed my reaction to this first episode because I’ve been waiting for and pushing this Light Novel for so long. Tears in my eyes man.

J.C staff did an amazing job introducing you to this incredibly complex and intricate magical world as well as the characters. This series has one of the most detailed magic systems ever and I can’t wait for people to really experience all it’s got to offer.

The art, animation and pacing were all very solid. When it comes to JC Staff you just never know but this time it seems they got it right. They been on a roll since Railgun T and it looks like this could be among their best.. I just pray the quality stays this good throughout.

Pacing is going to be the big test for them here. The first volume in particular is quite thick and has a lot of world building. I hope they don’t pull an Index.

Cautiously optimistic.

Lol
Jul 13, 2023 2:07 AM

Feb 2019
jessi_phantom said:
Softhenic03 said:
Knowing JC Staff I know they gonna fumble going forward.. I mean that's just how they work. Though kind of a generic art and plain setting to be honest, so I wouldn't really care if this do get the short end of the stick later.

Watchable for now, but that's just it.

Nah I disagree
Marinate1016 said:
FINALLY. The REAL anime Harry potter is here. Man I wish I could’ve streamed my reaction to this first episode because I’ve been waiting for and pushing this Light Novel for so long. Tears in my eyes man.

J.C staff did an amazing job introducing you to this incredibly complex and intricate magical world as well as the characters. This series has one of the most detailed magic systems ever and I can’t wait for people to really experience all it’s got to offer.

The art, animation and pacing were all very solid. When it comes to JC Staff you just never know but this time it seems they got it right. They been on a roll since Railgun T and it looks like this could be among their best.. I just pray the quality stays this good throughout.

Pacing is going to be the big test for them here. The first volume in particular is quite thick and has a lot of world building. I hope they don’t pull an Index.

Cautiously optimistic.

Lol

Tf are you saying lol for
Jul 13, 2023 6:57 AM
Feb 2018
FutureDangan said:
Where are y'all finding this series? I only know of two legitimate anime services left for English viewers, and uh, neither one seems to have this on it............

Is there some kind of bootleg site out there that just INSTANTLY subtitles stuff? Or am I missing something here?

For the record, I found it on Crunchyroll... on Desktop. For some reason it's not searchable in the App, but I managed to reverse-engineer the Desktop location to get there eventually. 

Looking forward to this. I tend to assume that anything which can leap from Light Novel >> Manga >> Anime probably has SOME merit given how many interpretations it's spawned. 
Jul 13, 2023 12:38 PM
Nov 2022
Nothing was explained and everything was open ended. Most of the flashbacks had zero tie-in at all.
Jul 13, 2023 2:26 PM

Apr 2013
Stryfm said:
Nothing was explained and everything was open ended. Most of the flashbacks had zero tie-in at all.

So basically it's setting things up and preparing the story without any explanation of the events (but explanations on settings elements), like any well written prologue would do.

As for flashbacks, is it me or there was three very short ones, they were all less than 10 sec long, and one was clearly tied in to the exact same pose between Nanao and that person, another flashback was tied in to Nanao talking about why she came to this school, and the last one was tied to the idea of Pete and Oliver sharing a room? All of them very simple and straight forward tie in that anyone would understand instantly? Or did I miss some elusive longer and less connected flashbacks somewhere lol?
Jul 13, 2023 8:18 PM
May 2017
pretty, yet generic. A pass from me
Jul 13, 2023 9:15 PM

Oct 2015
Huntee1999 said:
Not bad… but not great. With proper world building it could be alright. Not really in love with the characters especially the main protag. It’s hard to know how this one will turn out but it’s got 2 more episodes to pull me in before I drop it.

3 episodes test does not work on long running series such as battle-shounens, sports anime, etc.

There are rare cases like Gundam ZZ which takes 20 episodes to start.

For Reign Of The Seven Spellblades, it currently has 12 volumes and they are at fourth year, which is estimated to end at around 24 volumes, making it a long series.

I tend to recommend 12 episode test if the LN is expected to exceed 15 volumes. 2 episode test if LN exceeds 5 volumes or 4 episode test if LN exceeds 10 volumes.

And to tons of people who are using one episode test:

As mentioned by post #171, one episode test does not work for long series.

I only recommend one episode test for short series that has 12 episodes or less than 4 volumes of LN.
Jul 14, 2023 9:06 AM
Apr 2020
NewestPersonHere said:
Huntee1999 said:

3 episodes test does not work on long running series such as battle-shounens, sports anime, etc.

There are rare cases like Gundam ZZ which takes 20 episodes to start.

For Reign Of The Seven Spellblades, it currently has 12 volumes and they are at fourth year, which is estimated to end at around 24 volumes, making it a long series.

I tend to recommend 12 episode test if the LN is expected to exceed 15 volumes. 2 episode test if LN exceeds 5 volumes or 4 episode test if LN exceeds 10 volumes.

And to tons of people who are using one episode test:

As mentioned by post #171, one episode test does not work for long series.

I only recommend one episode test for short series that has 12 episodes or less than 4 volumes of LN.
I use the one episode test as a "Is this show the type of show that I could enjoy if I watched more?" Sort of like a concept check.

I then use the 3 episode check for 10/11/12/13 episode series, and the 5 episode check for 22/23/24/25/26 episode series.

If a show has multiple seasons and it passed the 3 episode check, but by the end of the season I got kinda bored, then I might tap out there.

If a show is long long like Naruto, I'm likely not gonna even bother.

So, TLDR; One episode is a concept check, 3 episodes is an execution check.
Jul 14, 2023 12:01 PM
Stellaron Hunter

Oct 2020
The first episode was incredibly generic and mid.
The only good part of this episode was fanservice at the end.
Incessant Rain

“Can you let me have some fun this time?”

Jul 15, 2023 7:39 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
A fine start with Jc Staff in helm, i guess. I doubt it at first but turns out the seven spellblades actually doing a basic prologue job to the whole stories ahead. If that was suppose to be the prologue.

The introduction of the whole group member looks pretty on-point so far with our boy already doing a massive job saving the new girl which, somehow reminds me of some character that i can't tell basically whom. Not to mention there's also a cute waifu samurai there, which honestly manage to distract me like the mc....

Tho idk about the settings of the academy so far. Its looks basic at this start, especially with the headmistress that looking very similar, somehow. However i really don't want to judge too fast so let me just end my comment right there and let just go to the next already...
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jul 16, 2023 2:05 AM

Feb 2018
Doesn't really feel like a "first episode" to me idk. I mean, the animation and everything seems good to me, feels like we could've gotten a better beginning. Welp, another magic school anime to watch ig.

It feels like everyone knew everyone and were already friends from the beginning lmao.

Never ending plan to watch list...

Jul 17, 2023 4:22 PM

Jan 2019
A weird choice to make the world map a badly drawn copy of Earth with Africa missing.

I'll give it a couple more episodes because I'm still looking for a magical school to actually be done right in media, and the show seems to be taking itself seriously.

Jul 18, 2023 11:36 AM

Nov 2009
Yea... so... the show starts out literally with one of the girl explaining how the troll is actually innocent.

In fact, the troll was just walking normally and only hit things that gets in his way, he didn't go rampage everywhere at all... (even during the fight, the troll was literally just standing there waiting for the humans to attack him after being told to stop... lol)

And they decide to attempt murder the troll, but apparently the troll's skull is sturdy and didn't get sliced in half.

Then afterwards everyone thinks what they did was right, but then again... this whole series seems to be about humans being the actual evil of the world huh...

I can see why the other threads are talking about the rating of this series...

Also, the school intro started out with something out of Harry Potter where they summon seats and tables out of no where, LOL.

Actually.... there's quite an amount of things that is most likely inspired by Harry Potter...

Also, apparently the Japan-based section of this Fantasy world is still in the "warring era with next to no magic and everyone is still using sword and spears" while the European-based section of the Fantasy world is also using swords and medieval era stuff, but they got magic and fantasy creatures... huh...
amlgJul 18, 2023 11:49 AM
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Jul 18, 2023 11:54 AM
Oct 2020
this is not J.C Staff that i know (in a good way)
Jul 18, 2023 4:26 PM

Aug 2022
Felt really rushed. I hope that it gets better down the line.
Jul 19, 2023 6:08 PM
Nov 2014
Anime harry potter, here we go. Why not.
Jul 20, 2023 1:23 AM
Oct 2022
Sangat hampa dan plot story yang sampah banget.
Jul 21, 2023 6:25 PM

Dec 2013
An ok first episode. The magical world looks pretty enough. The characters feel a little cliche with their introductions. At least Oliver looks like he has some hidden background of some kind.

20% fatality rate is crazy rate for a school. Although I doubt anyone from the main cast will die anytime soon.
Jul 25, 2023 10:28 AM
Oct 2019
the actual plot could be interesting

the 7 main characters, however, don't seem very interesting at all. they're just boring. aside from that one kid, they're all just bubbly and friendly and blindly trusting of each other already? lame

the main mc, with this mysterious kind of backstory, would seem to add intrigue. at least i hope. because he's clearly lying (or misrepresenting) his true identity

edit: i just realized we were only introduced to 3 guys and 3 girls, but it's the 7 spellblades... the spy girl?
HagePotPotatoJul 25, 2023 10:33 AM
Jul 27, 2023 4:25 PM
Apr 2013
EP 1

I'm definitely not late or anything, not late!

Supposedly this is one of th more hyped anime this season but....

Ok so...we didnt get anything concrete to talk about in this first ep at all.
Definitely the strangst first ep i've ever seen, they're either taking this slowly and/or going to drop a bombshell next ep

No sign of the "seven" the title talks about yet.
Animelist doesnt have this listed as 12 eps though, is this going to be split cour or 24 eps?

Oliver is clearly hiding something, while nanao and the others, idk. Its 6 characters, 3 guys and 3 girls but....I dunno. Nanao is a bit and the guys are a bit, otherwise the other two girls, katie and...chela? Seem okayish I guess.

EDIT: Chela is yamada misuzu eh? Interesting she got two main roles at the same time. Not much else to talk about.

I'm curious if anyone will actually, since they said 20% of the studies dont survive, that means...not just one, we're talking multiple deaths every year, depending on the size of the intake.
Hell I wouldnt be surprised if there's a conspiracy where they get sacrificed for someone else.

The big elephant in the room is, idk if its intentionally inspired by/trying to copy "harry potter", but i dunno if thats a good or bad thing.

It seems a lot of other people like nanao, its not necessarily that I dislike her, but its just a combination of pressing my buttons, hopefully things improve I guess.
CocoaGalaxyJul 27, 2023 4:47 PM
Jul 28, 2023 5:07 AM
Mar 2012
didnt expect such nice 2d dragon & animation from jcstaff.
Oliver feels like Iska kinda cool. not-Esdeath has a cool teleport vfx, wonder what Nanao meant.
Nanao & Tohka share that same adorable foodie vibe.
Guy Aussie farmer lol
Pete the only muggle feelsbadman
Jul 29, 2023 3:21 PM

Nov 2013
Surprised for such low ratings...

This was a pretty good first episode.

Art is superb and OST seems original and so so good.

Yeah, just like Mash, there's strong "Harry Potter" vibes. There's even chance of students dying, like in HP lol.

Characters don't seem too annoying. Anyways, definitely intrigued. 
Aug 10, 2023 9:49 AM
Jan 2022
Foi um bom primeiro ep. Todo o tempo do episódio foi bem aproveitado para as devidas apresentações dos personagens. O final "misterioso" abre a curiosidade para um segundo episódio, espero que o anime mantenha o rimo!
Aug 11, 2023 5:05 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
The visuals are very clean, well animated throughout. What irks me about this start is the introduction phase, not that it is one but how it was done. Extremely dry and formulaic. 

Most intriguing part of the episode for me has been clearly this conversation. 

Aug 13, 2023 6:16 AM
Jan 2023
Not bad, you can really tell where they got the inspiration from, but it is pretty unique so far. So far, I'll say it is pretty hard to keep up with the main characters given there are 6 of them, but I'm sure given a little time that won't be a big problem.

The animation so far was pretty good, to be expected from J.C.Staff though.
Aug 16, 2023 9:49 AM

Dec 2012
I can't finish the first episode it's so boring. 
DROPPED 4/10

Aug 17, 2023 9:36 AM

Dec 2022
Interesting first episode
Aug 18, 2023 1:46 AM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
Honestly, I was expecting a bland cast, but I actually like how the cast interacts. Peter's annoying though. Nanao is a little weird too though in a kinda like... "did you only do this because this is an anime" type of way.
I just hope the anime doesn't become a kill 'em all or anything.

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Aug 18, 2023 9:24 AM
Aug 2020
''Innocent Color''
just another piece of garbage trying to adapt a japan into a medieval european world, i lost all desire to watch it in the first few second, don't have story
good animation is not enough
Aug 20, 2023 5:56 AM
Jul 2018
so they just do a parade of dangerous monsters and no one, literary no one guards students nor controls the monsters?Why are the students even coming up with a plan to defeat the troll?

The troll didn't even seem aggressive after samurai girl shouted at him, and yet they threw spells at it. Don't know if it's bad writing or directing. Nor I care tbh

Ohhh samurai girl would have died? From what? Troll staring at her? lol

The headmaster with tits out apologized, all good then.

Also the opening scene when everyone meets everyone felt forced and cheap.

boring
Aug 28, 2023 12:41 AM
Aug 2023
Wait? this is good and promising? is not generic crap? solid first episode
Aug 28, 2023 10:51 AM
Mar 2023
surto muito bom nem tem oque dizer só o protagonista que é muito padrãozinho, seria melhor se ele tivesse algumas caracteristicas pra torna-lo mais unico
Sep 1, 2023 6:26 PM
Jul 2021
Right out of the bat this anime came off as being cringe asf! With that moronic chick babbling about Trolls rights and what ever other nonsense she could think of. Way to go show🤡💀💩🥴🤢🤡 way to go!!

Gotta check those boxes so the company can claim those sweet, sweet ESG bonuses, the animation company behind this disaster of a show, probably/allegedly.

Boy, oh boy. I just checked the bio of that annoying/bratty/moronic wanna be "activist" chick and this clearly show us that this anime is going to be a massive flop/dumpster fire!

"Katie Aalto is one of the main characters in Reign of the Seven Spellblades. She is an idealistic girl who believes strongly in the civil rights of other species. Since first attending Kimberly Magic Academy, she forms a strong bond with the Sword Roses, who support her in her ideals and desire to reform magical society's treatment of demi-humans."

And of course this being 2023 the headmaster is a chick .... Putting more X's on those those ESG boxes ....

Boy oh boy, they are not even hiding it anymore! Right in the open! They're showing off the moronic/lunatic lefty ideology bam smack right on everyone faces. Yuk.

Quoting the youtube channel/creator the critical drinker. Ffuk off show!
DawizzSep 1, 2023 6:30 PM
Me every time I hear the word "reparations": 🤣🤣🤣
Sep 19, 2023 10:40 AM

Oct 2018
The aesthetic is as generic as it can get, PVs had some cool stuff. So, I wouldn't mind going through more of it. Nothing much to say about the characters or the academy.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

» Hype? LN readers where you at?

RealityChanges - May 7

28 by MRD_Crowe »»
Sep 6, 8:57 PM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Maken ga Shihai suru Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 13, 2023

114 by zcv45 »»
Aug 23, 7:42 PM

» This harry potter mess was pretty bad.

xsilicon9 - Jul 27

19 by Animillion »»
Jul 31, 6:04 PM

» what's wrong with it? ( 1 2 )

APolygons2 - Jul 14, 2023

92 by 8oomer »»
Jul 12, 9:14 AM

» In which way this is an LGBT anime?

Dije - Apr 22

37 by RioAl »»
Jul 8, 4:35 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.