Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Apr 9, 2023 1:19 PM
Aug 2017
Basically the title, what are your hopes and fears about the comedy of the show? Personally, I thought it was cute in the first episode, but there's barely anything else happening aside from the "clueless friend" joke and Nishimura blushing. I think it's cute, but it's already starting to get somewhat tiresome
Apr 9, 2023 1:27 PM

Mar 2021
it already is starting to get old. but since it's the actual plot, we won't see an end to it until the entire series concludes, probably.
Apr 9, 2023 1:36 PM

Apr 2016
What'd you expect when you started the series, like be serious? You have to enjoy it for what it is.
Apr 9, 2023 1:40 PM

Jul 2015
Some romcoms run for it's entire run on a joke, that gets old in the middle of the first episode, so...
PiromyslApr 9, 2023 5:58 PM

Apr 9, 2023 1:47 PM

Jul 2020
Yeah I was thinking the same thing. I think im gonna give it 1 more episode and if it’s just more of the same I’ll probably drop it. Enjoy the main premise but hope they shake it up a bit later
Apr 9, 2023 2:09 PM
Community Mod
Equanimity

Nov 2020
That's just how romcoms are, they get boring quickly. But in this case I think we also get to see step by step how Nishimura's situation improves which makes the whole thing enjoyable. We also have characters like Tank-Top Kun who are just awesome lol.
Apr 9, 2023 2:10 PM

Mar 2014
Until YOU FIX THIS DAMN DOOR!
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".
Apr 9, 2023 2:12 PM
Jul 2014
But isn’t that the plot of this show?
Apr 9, 2023 3:08 PM

Sep 2020
true, it's starting to get a little old already. And i'm usually a fan of this type of light hearted romcom
Nino is the objectively superior one, don't @ me
Apr 9, 2023 3:44 PM
Jun 2021
it continues but we see that the kid will get flustered with the girl
Apr 9, 2023 11:51 PM

Apr 2012
I won't say anything about whether it's tiring or not, but the MC definitely seems a bit autistic or weird to me. Some of his misunderstandings were clearly beyond mere misunderstanding, and he completely ignores when other characters make sarcastic comments about it.
Apr 10, 2023 9:00 AM

Mar 2018
I can definetly see it getting old pretty quickly, but currently I am still enjoying the wholesomeness of each episode.
Apr 10, 2023 10:33 PM

Aug 2020
I think they can keep it interesting, but I can't give reasons for it without posting spoilers. But think of Takagi-san, it basically has a somewhat similar setup, the main story revolves around a girl teasing her classmate and showing their daily antics and the ones of their classmates, yet it's still ongoing, with an equally popular spinoff manga series, 3 seasons and a movie. And people wondering if there will be a 4th season. I am not saying this will happen to "My Clueless First Friend" but it does show how a seemingly simple idea can turn into something much bigger. Let's say I think this series has more potential than you'd give it based upon these two episodes so far. I was thinking the same thing, how will they fill an entire season with this, and apparently even 13 episodes, as that is at least how it's listed on Anilist.
Apr 12, 2023 9:31 AM
Apr 2019
I think its cute. i guess I'm not picky aslong as I like the couple.
Apr 12, 2023 3:05 PM
Mar 2021
It'll be never boring me. The story is simple, but interesting.
Apr 12, 2023 6:27 PM

May 2021
aww idk I think it’s so wholesome and it isn’t like there aren’t new things happening
maybe the plot of the show isn’t for everybody tho
Apr 13, 2023 9:30 AM
Sep 2021
Mal user comes to realization the title is the plot.
Apr 14, 2023 5:49 AM

May 2009
Why would you want this golden child to stop being this positive?
Apr 15, 2023 2:35 AM
Aug 2018
Its pretty cute and wholesome, imo.
I don't think I'll mind it even if stays like this all season.
Apr 16, 2023 7:21 AM

May 2022
The joke is still working in episode 3! Hard to beat a sweet and wholesome slice of life about cute kids.
Apr 16, 2023 3:30 PM

Jul 2019
NGL going in I absolutely loved this show but honestly, I see the issue, the clueless friend thing is already kinda getting old for me and I might just drop the show frl.
Apr 16, 2023 6:20 PM

Aug 2012
Honestly i think the point of the show is more to show the romance between them and the girl slowly getting used to and getting more friends.
It doesnt come off as just a one-off joke at all, theres shows like spy x family that do jokes way more repetitively but this one isnt really one of those. By episode 3 its already more interesting
Apr 18, 2023 5:41 AM
Jul 2022
It’s pretty good, but you’re right, the joke is becoming a bit too silly/tired. This anime is starting to remind me of “The Maid I hired recently is Mysterious” which was also funnier in the beginning, but generally entertaining throughout.
Apr 19, 2023 3:35 AM
Apr 2022
I absolutely love the plot. I think i'll enjoy it until it ends
Apr 19, 2023 12:48 PM

Feb 2021
As long as no cynical, smug, pretentious people point it out, it should be fine for me.
Apr 21, 2023 9:35 AM

Dec 2015
How to be more clear that the anime ? The Comedy isn't comedy, all this "innocent misunderstanding" it's a way to show the hypocresy of the classmates about our protagonist, that they talk a lot of sh1t about her but they can't stand when someone show that all what they said are non sense.
Apr 22, 2023 10:51 AM

Aug 2020
smurdles said:
Basically the title, what are your hopes and fears about the comedy of the show? Personally, I thought it was cute in the first episode, but there's barely anything else happening aside from the "clueless friend" joke and Nishimura blushing. I think it's cute, but it's already starting to get somewhat tiresome

I mean… the show’s title basically explains that her friend is clueless so why bother even trying to complain. Yeah it’s simple but the interactions are goofy, it’s at least more entertaining than demon slayer.
Apr 23, 2023 10:40 AM

Jun 2017
And then suddenly the joke ended in episode 4.

Apr 23, 2023 11:51 AM

Aug 2020
Tirinchas said:
And then suddenly the joke ended in episode 4.

Yeah, I think some people will have to swallow their words when they labeled this series a one trick pony with just repeating the same gag over and over. This series digs a little deeper at times, like in today's episode. Even Takagi-san anime has never touched upon the 
Apr 23, 2023 11:53 AM

Aug 2020
Dixoncider8142 said:
smurdles said:

I mean… the show’s title basically explains that her friend is clueless so why bother even trying to complain. Yeah it’s simple but the interactions are goofy, it’s at least more entertaining than demon slayer.

There is a little more to it. Like imagine what could happen when Takada's relentless optimism starts rubbing off on other kids...
Apr 23, 2023 11:54 AM

Aug 2020
Mystogan14579 said:
NGL going in I absolutely loved this show but honestly, I see the issue, the clueless friend thing is already kinda getting old for me and I might just drop the show frl.

I wonder what you think after episode 4.
Apr 23, 2023 6:24 PM
Sep 2008
jokes on everyone, he doesnt seem clueless at all, but doing everything on porpose to stop the bullying
May 23, 2023 11:18 AM

Dec 2018
if this was a movie that actually expanded the story beyond e1 and maybe some of episode 2 with an actual climax and resolution then it would be great but right now it's like watching different versions of the same story over and over cute at first, grating shortly thereafter.
May 28, 2023 3:38 PM

Jul 2019
Dutch_Chief said:
Mystogan14579 said:

Still watching since developments have actually been made. Kinda.
May 29, 2023 12:33 AM

Aug 2020
Mystogan14579 said:
Dutch_Chief said:

Still watching since developments have actually been made. Kinda.
Good to hear.

I'd say there have been quite a few developments, which have also resulted in Nishimura getting more assertive herself. 
May 29, 2023 1:23 PM

Jun 2015
smurdles said:

I'm guessing you must be dying inside now if your still watching.
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Jun 6, 2023 1:32 AM
Aug 2021
um what a stupid post..bc that's literally the point of the anime and it does that really well. You get cute, funny moments and character progression in every episode that it didn't get boring. Imo the best show in this genre. It's like discussing why's there fighting in battle shonen or reincarnation in isekai like that's how anime works?
Jun 18, 2023 6:13 PM

Sep 2013
Let's see, when will I get tired of it?  
NEVER!  
It's good clean fun and it never gets tired. It has so much more going for it than that one part, a wholesome and entertaining show.
Jun 19, 2023 10:07 PM
Photojournalist

Apr 2007
Probably not for at least 300 episodes. This is a first. I've never seen an anime where a character was unwittingly complimenting a girl in a lovey-dovey manner. This is the first time I've actually liked a clueless main male character in an anime. It's absolutely wonderful.
Jun 25, 2023 10:20 PM
Sep 2016
Now that it's over, I can say that it didn't really start to get tiresome until the very end for me. The obliviousness was part of the charm, and something that made me want to keep watching. I'm not sure if I would have enjoyed it on binge watch, but waiting week by week for each episode, it was nice to have a character that's so relentlessly optimistic and unfazed by the negativity around him. It was also great to see the characters around him start to care a lot less about how others looked at them, and start just enjoying life, and doing what they wanted to, instead of worrying about how that might make them look to others. He is the kind of friend that makes everyone have a good time, because he's just so positive thinking. We could all use a little more of that in our lives.
Jul 2, 2023 11:50 AM

Aug 2020
Leaf_It said:
Now that it's over, I can say that it didn't really start to get tiresome until the very end for me. The obliviousness was part of the charm, and something that made me want to keep watching. I'm not sure if I would have enjoyed it on binge watch, but waiting week by week for each episode, it was nice to have a character that's so relentlessly optimistic and unfazed by the negativity around him. It was also great to see the characters around him start to care a lot less about how others looked at them, and start just enjoying life, and doing what they wanted to, instead of worrying about how that might make them look to others. He is the kind of friend that makes everyone have a good time, because he's just so positive thinking. We could all use a little more of that in our lives.

Well said. Takada-kun's "sunny" attitude didn't just brighten up things for Nishimura-san, but had a much bigger effect. Like her dad seeing his daughter starting to enjoy school life, and more, as you mentioned. 
Jul 2, 2023 11:57 AM

Aug 2020
Lolicon said:
Probably not for at least 300 episodes. This is a first. I've never seen an anime where a character was unwittingly complimenting a girl in a lovey-dovey manner. This is the first time I've actually liked a clueless main male character in an anime. It's absolutely wonderful.

300 might be a bit much, but I'd definitely want a second season. There are enough adventures left for these two and their growing circle of friends. 
Jul 2, 2023 12:00 PM

Aug 2020
solrules said:
um what a stupid post..bc that's literally the point of the anime and it does that really well. You get cute, funny moments and character progression in every episode that it didn't get boring. Imo the best show in this genre. It's like discussing why's there fighting in battle shonen or reincarnation in isekai like that's how anime works?
I agree, it has a nice mix of cute and funny, with the occasional emotional moment, like with episode 4 or when her dad saw that picture of her having a good time sharing lunches with her friends. And the way the characters slowly change, as the school year progresses, feels very natural.
Aug 23, 2023 12:26 PM
Jul 2018
Well, for me it became somewhat boring after half of the show. But that's probably because I watched more than 3 episodes at time, so it felt repetitive. But when I watched 1-2 episode per one-two days it felt okay. So i guess key is to watch few episodes per session, so anime kept fresh. 
Also some jokes were new for me and thus interesting and amusing. Like Kasahara mistaking plastic bag for a cat. That's something I have never seen before:

And at the end "bomb" with cockroaches was something funny and new too.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jijou wo Shiranai Tenkousei ga Guigui Kuru. Episode 9 Discussion

Embient - May 28, 2023

39 by Alex796 »»
Sep 6, 8:11 PM

Poll: » Jijou wo Shiranai Tenkousei ga Guigui Kuru. Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

OG_Otaku - Apr 16, 2023

62 by cecropiamoth »»
Sep 4, 3:40 PM

Poll: » Jijou wo Shiranai Tenkousei ga Guigui Kuru. Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - May 14, 2023

62 by Alex796 »»
Sep 3, 5:03 PM

Poll: » Jijou wo Shiranai Tenkousei ga Guigui Kuru. Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Embient - Jun 11, 2023

51 by EsieEyen »»
Jun 1, 11:55 PM

Poll: » Jijou wo Shiranai Tenkousei ga Guigui Kuru. Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - May 7, 2023

62 by EsieEyen »»
Jun 1, 8:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.