Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Vinland Saga
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 3, 2023 9:00 AM

Nov 2011
It's sad that murders and deaths are such a common sight in this show now. Still, I do like how they explore other themes in the show including freedom.

Not going to lie, I thought this episode's chereography looked like a cinematic movie on some scenes. It was incredible to see how MAPPA transformed this franchise into such a thriller and the final few minutes had me very excited for what's next. 

May 2020
Finally back on farms, but hey still starting things with bodies rotting in blood and merciless killings… this time though it’s the case of an escaped slave. Up until this point I totally forgot the existence of this man, but he’s that someone who will stir things plenty going forward. 

Though for anything else, guess it’s old age catching up to Sverkel, sooner rather than later. Now bedridden, it’s up to Arnheid  and Co. taking care of his old self, which only means more bonding time together. Feels good to see them all eating and chatting idly, as for everything both Thorfinn and Einar went through from the time they arrived on this farm, this is the only place they’ve been seen as normal humans and did things a normal person does.

Though the peaceful moments aren’t there to stay in this series, as that escaped slave, charged with multiple killings and whatnot was revealed to be the husband of Arnheid, Gardar. It is only hell awaiting for them from here on. 

New Opening and Ending are fine, though still the ones in first cour tops for the time being.

Jun 2019
Looks like one of the slaves from the other farm decided to take revenge on his master which could be rightfully so. The new OP is excellent both visually and sounded great as well. The old man fell sick on the fields and had to be cared for by Arnheid. We had some funny moments as well which was nice to see.

Another amazing episode. They left us on such a cliffhanger there. Cruel as ever. Can't wait for the next week and to see what's in store for all of them. Poor Arnheid. The ED song was amazing as well.
Apr 3, 2023 9:56 AM
May 2021
Amazing ep & the opening & ending again are beautiful!!
Apr 3, 2023 10:03 AM
May 2020
The new opening is okay,I really like the visuals,but I prefer the new ending. Gardar seems so badass and I can't wait to see what will happen between Einar and Arnheid.When I saw the first scene I thought Gardar was Einar from the future(lol).
Apr 3, 2023 10:11 AM
Oct 2016
Following the insane ending to the first cour last week at King Canute palace this second cour starts off back at the farm. We already know that threat from the king himself is currently en route but now we see there's a brutal runaway slave nearby. That opening scene to the episode showed exactly how dangerous Gardar is. Sverkel collapsing on the farm has been foreshadowed for a while since Einar and Thorfinn first meet him. Now we see the old man has not only lost his strength to even walk or feed himself but he's going senile too. Snake is right, once things like that stack its usually close to the end. Sverkel has been a big help to Einar and Thorfinn so it will be sad to see him go. Some very sweet scenes with Arnheid coming to help take care of Sverkel, cooking dinner for everyone, them all sharing a meal. Arnheid telling Einar that it almost felt like she was free again. If calm before th storm could be encapsulated it would be most of this episode with just them all peacefully together at Sverkel house. Snake there reading the Bible to the old man while he rests. Its a good thing Snake is there since Gardar rides up after killing a member of the guard patrol and fleeing on their horse. Gardar coming to rescue his wife Arnheid, get ready for a brutal arc.
Apr 3, 2023 10:18 AM

Jan 2009
Thorfinn wants to be a christian and follow Jesus Christ eh

so the escaped warrior slave named Gardar is the husband of Arnheid
Apr 3, 2023 10:19 AM

Jan 2019
God this new OP is amazing, the ED is great too.

An interesting thing to point out here; Snakes bible dialogue aligns pretty well with Thors' morals, which is probably a big reason why Thorfinn was so interested in in.
In a sense, Thorfinn is turning to Christianity while Canute is rejecting it. Such a fantastic parallel between these two!
Apr 3, 2023 10:26 AM

Apr 2013
Great start. Cour-2 shall be a banger. So many moments I'm looking forward to.

Liked OP2, although of course I do prefer S1OP1 from Survive said the prophet.
Apr 3, 2023 10:27 AM

Jul 2017
The 2nd Cour of Farmland Saga begins, and this proves its cruelty more than most.

The new OST is fine, even if it's Survive Said The Prophet and haju:harmonics for the 2nd ED. Pretty much preferred the 1st Cour's by a long mile.

With a runaway slave turning his back on his master Kjallakr, and finally being a free man, he's ready to get back his beloved: Arnheid. While both Einar and Thorfinn walk about their days after slavery is over, the issue that the old geezer master isn't back by dinner, it's particularly concerning, though he's definitely gone senile that he needs help...even when fed with food, enough for Arnheid and the slaves to burst out in laughter, that's a good one.

Things were looking good until one of the retainers came to report about the runaway slave, which set all of them on guard. Unfortunately, with the retainers fighting over control of killing the runaway slave, they get their emotions the better of them, to be uselessly killed by said slave. I find Thorfinn's interest in the Bible Scriptures fascinating though Snake found the Gospel a bit of a trouble to read through specific sermons. But it's clear that the old master has a time limit on his life, and they have only this much time before he's gone for good.

That is...until the runaway slave appeared at Ketil's farm, and Arnheid recognizes him as Gardar, her long-lost husband?

Brace for impact...because shit's gonna go down HARD.
Apr 3, 2023 10:29 AM

Oct 2022
Wonder what's so special about the book Snake decided to sell after the old master dies.

Next episode is going to cointain some action between the slave and snake and I'm all for it.

The new opening and ending are good but not as good as the first one. (IMO!)
Apr 3, 2023 10:31 AM

Feb 2021
Writing as I'm watching the episode
For A second there I thought that was Thorfinn at the start and was horrified. So glad it's not him.
The new OP is a BANGER
Didn't expect Vinland Saga to make me laugh today lol
This has the most detailed hands I've ever seen in anime seriously"My wife!" Maaan, poor Einar (for the second time). That slave is probably Arnheid's husband from when they were free or something.
The ED is amazing too. The EDs in VS always have this calm yet emotional feel and this one is not an exception.Another masterpiece episode of Vinland Saga
Urahara_Benihime said:
Wonder what's so special about the book Snake decided to sell after the old master dies.
It's literally the Bible
EmbientApr 3, 2023 10:38 AM
Apr 3, 2023 10:35 AM

Jun 2015
A very fitting way to start the 2nd cour. The first big plot twist of this season
Apr 3, 2023 10:43 AM

Mar 2020
The second cour kicked off with some happy times, yet a whole lot of gloomy ones too, with Sverkel's old age catching up to him being a main focus. It was nice to see Arnheid have some more screen time this episode, and seeing everyone eating together was quite wholesome, but it feels like that might be the last wholesome moment for quite a while in this show. The escaped slave, Gardar, was wreaking havoc, killing Lizard in the process, and the big plot twist this time around was that he seemed to be the husband of Arnheid, which was a big cliffhanger to leave off on.

I can already sense that this arc won't stay peaceful for long, with Gardar here, and Canute's arrival imminent. Brace yourselves.

As for the OP and ED, definitely preferred the previous songs more. Might grow on me eventually though.
Apr 3, 2023 10:43 AM

Nov 2016
Another banger opening

24 minutes that flew by

Intense cliffhanger

Just Winland Saga things

13/13

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 3, 2023 10:46 AM

Jul 2020
damn I hope this runaway slave doesn't die in the next episode... the way he dealt with his "owner" in the beginning was fascinating
Apr 3, 2023 10:53 AM

Feb 2019
Just no words for the new OP and ED, beautifully done again by MAPPA. Episode flew by again. Thorfinn’s got his eyes on freedom, but Einar still thinking about Arnheid :/ if only he knew she was getting her back blown out daily.

First 20 minutes really felt like the calm before the storm which arrived in the form of Gardarr at the end, peak Vinland is coming over these next few episodes and I can’t wait to see what MAPPA got for us
Apr 3, 2023 10:55 AM

Jan 2018
New OP and ED. I'm gonna miss River a lot. But it was about time a new OP came along.

I thought Sverkel croaked. Good to see him still alive and kicking. Though it is still a bit sad he's gone senile.

That runaway slave is Arnheid's husband? From the OP I thought they might be related but didn't think they'd be husband and wife.

RIP Einar. I do wonder if Arnheid would leave with her husband or not.
Apr 3, 2023 10:58 AM
Aug 2020
The VA of Gardar sounds like a mix of Miki Shinichiro who voiced Urahara Kisuke from Bleach and Koyama Rikiya who voiced Takamura in Hajime no Ippo.

Apr 3, 2023 11:08 AM

Sep 2014
Disappointed with the new OP but the ED is fantastic.

Gardar had quite a badass introduction into the story. Things are going to be pretty intense from here on out.
Apr 3, 2023 11:19 AM

Sep 2020
MonkeyDHunter said:

Gardar had quite a badass introduction into the story. Things are going to be pretty intense from here on out.
New opening is a disappointment. Aren't no way 😭... I am dead 💀
Apr 3, 2023 11:29 AM

Dec 2022
ZXEAN said:
MonkeyDHunter said:

New opening is a disappointment. Aren't no way 😭...  I am dead 💀
Not him but song-wise is just okay (visuals are amazing tho), definitely not the best SSTP ever did. I liked the ED way more too
Apr 3, 2023 11:40 AM

Feb 2012
cour 2, let's gooooo

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Apr 3, 2023 11:43 AM
Apr 2022
ZXEAN said:
MonkeyDHunter said:

New opening is a disappointment. Aren't no way 😭... I am dead 💀
banger fs, I like it about as much as the first cour op. Mukanjyo is still league better sadly.
Apr 3, 2023 11:48 AM
Jun 2021
The ep was too short. Sverkel is getting really old, introduction of Gardar and his wife seems to be Arnheid. I liked the previous op and ed but maybe the new ones will grow on me.
Apr 3, 2023 11:48 AM

Sep 2014
ZXEAN said:
MonkeyDHunter said:

New opening is a disappointment. Aren't no way 😭...  I am dead 💀
Well, my controversial opinion is that I don't like Survive Said The Prophet's music and vocals at all. I recognized them instantly and was put off. The visuals though are great indeed.
Apr 3, 2023 11:56 AM

Aug 2015
read 10 chapters after ep 12, i cant waittt
Apr 3, 2023 12:10 PM

Feb 2019
So, Survive Said The Prophet are back again for another opening for the anime. Visually it is gorgeous but still cannot beat Mukanjyo. 

Apr 3, 2023 12:27 PM
Apr 2022
awesome as always
Apr 3, 2023 12:38 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Damn, things are really starting to pick up now! When Leif-san and Canute gets to the island, it'll be insane! Considering there's this matter with Arnheid-san as well, I just hope things end well for all these characters, honestly. But the odds are slim, I know... 

It's sad to see the Old Master succumb to old age like this. Snake's relationship with him has been one of the most mysterious ones to date and I'm 100% sure there's more to it than just selling the bible afterwards to make some quick money. I wish they delved more into that but if that's for later, then I don't mind at all. 

New OP & ED are fantastic but the former especially so! Survive Said The Prophet back at it again with another stellar track and the MAPPA visuals really brings out the best in both. It'll take some time to say whether or not "Mukanjyo" or this is better but for the time being, let's just welcome back to the wonderful artists! 
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Apr 3, 2023 12:41 PM

Jun 2014
Another banger Vinland OP from SSTP, I'm going to miss River a lot but this song is great as well. The ED is good too, Vinland hasn't missed when it comes to the OP and ED songs. 

Someone else mentioned this but I thought the runaway slave at first was Einar in a flashforward lol. But plot twist, instead it's Arnheid's HUSBAND??? My man Einar really can't catch a break. Things really just got way more interesting now that Gardar has entered the picture. 
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

MAL is literally just anime Twitter as its own website lol.

Apr 3, 2023 1:03 PM

Jul 2022
that husband slave killer guy is kinda cool ngl, but when will ketil and the other arrive man i wanna see a wAr
Apr 3, 2023 1:12 PM
Dec 2019
Great episode! Sad to see the old master have trouble with his old age. Looks like Arnheid was married before becoming a slave. Well Einar lost his chance.
Apr 3, 2023 1:12 PM
Aug 2016
We are back, this time with the new energy of the new OP and ED. As expected, both are bangers but I like the OP more though (Survive Said the Prophet never fail to deliver when it comes to Vinland Saga)

We start with a new character who is a slave (name is Gardar) who kills his master and is in search of someone

In Ketil's farm, Sverkel collapses on the farm, and gets bedridden. He is taken care of now by Arnheid.

Most of the episode moments around Sverkel's house are shown. Washing, cleaning, woodcutting, etc.

In comes the new character. He kills lizard, and is now seen near Sverkel's house. Arnheid runs towards him and shouts "Gardar". Turns out, Arnheid is Gardar's wife, and Gardar has been in search for her.

This new mix in the upcoming battle of Ketil's faction vs Canute's faction is going to be interesting. Excited to see how it turns out. Oh boy, we are at an intense point in the story!

5/5 episode
Apr 3, 2023 1:16 PM
Jul 2022
I thoroughly enjoyed seeing Thorfinn smile again.
Apr 3, 2023 1:17 PM

Apr 2018
HOOOOOOOLY MOOOOLY!!! Second part of the second season is going to be absolute FIRE. The final few minutes of the episode left me on the edge of my seat. I felt like why did it have to end on such a good cliffhanger. Next episode is going to be a confrontation between Arnheid and the slave while Snake confronts him in a different type of way.
While war is coming soon..

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Apr 3, 2023 1:44 PM
Aug 2021
BUEN EPISODIO BUEN ANIME V:
Apr 3, 2023 2:03 PM

Nov 2013
Poor Einar lol, he's third in the line now.
New OP and ED are good. Not as good as S1 IMO, but still good.
Apr 3, 2023 3:37 PM
Apr 2022
Hydra112 said:
The new opening is okay,I really like the visuals,but I prefer the new ending. Gardar seems so badass and I can't wait to see what will happen between Einar and Arnheid.When I saw the first scene I thought Gardar was Einar from the future(lol).

haha I too thought it was Einer
Apr 3, 2023 3:53 PM
Jul 2013
Best ep this season so far. Absolutely loved it. AOTY is here.
I was expecting Gardar to just chop three heads off with one swing in the forest. 
Hope Ketil does not show up while Gardar is here, i don't want to see him killed.
Apr 3, 2023 3:53 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Nice new OP/ED and continuation, especially with that Gardar slave guy that looks very interesting, and seems like he's Arnheid's husband, Einar is gonna be sad xD
Apr 3, 2023 4:03 PM

Sep 2018
Simp Einar slapped in the face with reality XD I feel this slave dude is gonna die though.
Apr 3, 2023 4:18 PM
Sep 2008
I always know with Vinland Saga that when we get a humor episode, we'll be getting a very tragic one next. I enjoy this series so much.
Apr 3, 2023 4:46 PM

Mar 2020
Wahhh the new OP is really great. I love Survive Said The Prophet!! And the ED! Omfg I cried its a beautiful song.

Anyways another great episode. Looking forward again thjs whole spring season
Oppai check!

111 cm: Hancock
110 cm: Zoro
100 cm: Robin
Apr 3, 2023 5:09 PM

Mar 2010
Damn why did i feel bad. I hope that runaway dies can't lie.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Apr 3, 2023 6:42 PM

Oct 2009
I think I prefer the previous OP and Without Love ED is special to me but this new ED is amazing!

Is it just me or Arnheid drawn even more beautifully this episode?
Apr 3, 2023 7:01 PM

Mar 2019
GOD episode...

The only thing im gonna miss is the ED song... my favorite one in the past season. 

Great New OP & ED songs...
Nyan-Pasu!... [ Ara Ara ] [ Waifus ]
Apr 3, 2023 7:02 PM

Jun 2022
The 2nd OP is just as good as the first! Also, I didn't know Thorfinn was intrigued by Christianity with him once being such a violent soldier. 
Apr 3, 2023 7:19 PM
Dec 2017
looks like theres yet again a new arc for farmland saga
Apr 3, 2023 7:20 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
PEAKLAND SAGAAAA

NYANPASU
5700XT

Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Vinland Saga Season 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 13, 2023

167 by Limpan31 »»
Sep 15, 3:15 AM

Poll: » Vinland Saga Season 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 6, 2023

384 by Limpan31 »»
Sep 15, 12:03 AM

Poll: » Vinland Saga Season 2 Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2023

305 by TerryDiams75 »»
Sep 14, 9:49 PM

Poll: » Vinland Saga Season 2 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 9, 2023

509 by Limpan31 »»
Sep 13, 12:32 PM

Poll: » Vinland Saga Season 2 Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2023

286 by phantom346 »»
Sep 12, 4:50 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.