Forum Settings
Forums

Are there any anime you keep putting off for a long time ?

New
Oct 9, 2022 7:35 AM

Jan 2021
I wanted to see if anyone puts off an anime they really want to watch but just for some odd reason don't get around to it.

Mine is Clannad. I know I'll enjoy the show but continue to just leave it there for sometime in the future waiting for the right mood.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 9, 2022 7:43 AM

Aug 2011
Kemono no Souja Erin. I meant to follow it weekly after it premiered, but somehow I just never got around to starting it. Now it’s been 13 years, and I keep meaning to start it, but…

Eureka Seven is another one. Again, I wish I’d followed it as it was airing, because it’s much easier for me to watch something that way, but I waited too long to start it, I got behind, and then 17 years passed and I still haven’t watched it.
Oct 9, 2022 7:56 AM

Feb 2021
Space Brothers
Turn ∀ Gundam
The Rose of Versailles
Oniisama e...
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure

i'm not the most committed to lengthy episodes and huge franchises, i easily get overwhelmed. usually, i'd watch them in very specific moments, like i did with Legend Of Galactic Heroes and Galaxy Express 999— but even those took a long time to finish.
Oct 9, 2022 8:03 AM

Dec 2015
palm-tree said:
Kemono no Souja Erin. I meant to follow it weekly after it premiered, but somehow I just never got around to starting it. Now it’s been 13 years, and I keep meaning to start it, but…

I highly recommend watching Erin. I accidentaly stumbled upon it last wintern and finished it in three days. It was amazing.
Oct 9, 2022 8:20 AM

Jul 2020
Yeah, FMAB. I'm like 99% sure that I won't enjoy it but I kind of wanna watch it to see what's that people love about it so much. So it sits on my ptw list waiting for the mood to strike
Oct 9, 2022 8:37 AM

Mar 2017
I've been actively watching anime for about 6 years now with 738 titles completed (at this writing), and I have yet to watch some of the best known and most popular titles in anime, including:

• Attack on Titan
  • Death Note
  • Boku no Hero Academia
  • Hunter x Hunter
  • Code Geass
  • Fairy Tail

The only real reason I haven't watched these is because I keep finding plenty of other anime I want to watch and in my (mostly failing) efforts to keep my PTW to a manageable size I have to be careful what and how much I add to it. Also, I'll knock out one now and then. Last spring I watched Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood and just a week or two ago I watched Demon Slayer. There are also some popular titles I'm reluctant to start on because of my completionist tendencies and their high episode counts, such as Naruto and One Piece.
A møøse once bit my sister...
Oct 9, 2022 8:38 AM

Jul 2021
LoreMasterDan said:
I wanted to see if anyone puts off an anime they really want to watch but just for some odd reason don't get around to it.

Mine is Clannad. I know I'll enjoy the show but continue to just leave it there for sometime in the future waiting for the right mood.

same but with violet evergarden, evangelion, fmab, one piece etc. for variety of reasons.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Oct 9, 2022 8:40 AM

Feb 2020
Lucky Star, Sora yori mo Tooi Basho, Pretty Cure, etc.
Oct 9, 2022 9:01 AM

Jun 2022
I need to watch Full Metal Panic! but I always forget it :d I'm a big mecha enjoyer and it feels kinda weird not having seen it.
Also I haven't seen Gunsmith Cats yet which is a girls n guns classic. I have seen the racing spin-off Riding Bean tho :d
I'd like to make myself believe that Planet Earth turns slowly
Oct 9, 2022 9:15 AM

Sep 2010
Yes I have a lot of anime that I'm waiting for the right time or mood to watch them.
Oct 9, 2022 9:34 AM

Nov 2021
Yeah I Have A Lot Of Anime That I've Been Putting Off For A while Now That I Really Enjoy, But I Decide Not Too Watch It.
Oct 9, 2022 9:43 AM

Feb 2021
Attack on Titan, watched the first 9 episodes 6 years ago, and have never continued ever since.
Oct 9, 2022 9:46 AM

Jun 2017
One Piece. Simply for the fact it's up to 1000 episodes. I'm like that about a lot of long anime.
My waifu is the most wonderful waifu. Mai Valentine.
Oct 9, 2022 9:51 AM

Sep 2020
Maybe Little busters, the reason I haven't watched it is because it is still on the queue, but I would watch it soon.
Oct 9, 2022 10:04 AM

Aug 2017
Maid Sama and Kimi ni Todoke. Added them to PTW and never looked back.
Oct 9, 2022 10:07 AM

Oct 2011
Some of the long running ones like yu yu hakasho I did but I kind of whittle away at an episode here and there. Detective conan I did for a while but recently went through it. I think now there's not very many anime I put off for a while since I've watched many of the ones I wanted to see.
Oct 9, 2022 10:13 AM

May 2020
Mei tantei conan. I watched like 400 episodes and got burned out, I still really wanna see how the black organization storyline ends but there's still no end in sight
Oct 9, 2022 10:14 AM

Jul 2016
I keep putting off most anime, for years :D If we are talking just about the ones I really want(ed) to see... I guess a few that a friend of good taste suggested me, like Death Parade, Steins;Gate and Psychopass. Other series... Digimon tri. is a movie series I started but after the fourth movie I did not find the motivation to continue, but I'm gonna return to it someday. With the start of the new Gundam series the past week I noticed it's been five years since I decided to watch the movie Char's Counterattack and it's still in my ptw ^^"
Oct 9, 2022 10:19 AM

Sep 2020
Steins Gate, cause I feel like I will have to be one hundred percent focused to watch this series. I tried to watch the first episode like 5 years ago and I couldn't understand anything.
"I'll Take a Potato Chip and EAT IT"
Oct 9, 2022 10:19 AM

Jun 2022
A donghua known as Blue Cat. It has more episodes than One Piece and Detective Conan combined and only RAWs are available for some episodes. I believe that it is still continuing, albeit irregularly as new episodes seem to come out every so often.
Oct 9, 2022 10:34 AM
John Titor

Jul 2017
I need to check what's my oldest ptw now. I recently watched Utena after 20 years of putting it off.
Mi música chiptune (auténtica, no fakebit) / My chiptune music (real, no fakebit)
YouTube
Battle of the Bits
SoundCloud
Oct 9, 2022 10:43 AM

Oct 2013
I've been meaning to watch Trigun and the 00 Gundma movie for over a decade. I keep getting caught up in other things and forget about them.

"The kindest person in the room is often the smartest."
Oct 9, 2022 10:50 AM

Dec 2021
LoreMasterDan said:

Mine is also clanned. I wanted to watch it since a long ago but I'm just not getting the right mood and another thing is, I wanted to watch Clanned after story but not interested in 1st season of Clanned.
Hope to find that distinct person.
Oct 9, 2022 5:01 PM

Oct 2020
I've been putting off Death Note for over a year. It'll probably be the next anime I watch
Oct 9, 2022 5:38 PM

Jun 2016
Clannad season 2
Psycho Pass
Made in Abyss
Demon Slayer
Jujutsu K-something
Kaguya
Fruits Basket
Grand Blue
the new Higurashi
Horimiya
Nana
Monongatari
Index/Railgun
Classroom of the Elite
Noragami
Haikyuu
Promised Neverland
and every Ghibli movie

Someday I plan on watching every anime ever. It just might take me a little more time. Give me like 2 more weeks.

Edit: oh Fate, Durarararararararararara, and Bungou Stray Dogs
Oct 9, 2022 5:49 PM

Sep 2021
Currently, Jujutsu Kaisen, Made in Abyss, Bakemonogatari, Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e, and Sora yori mo Tooi Basho. I'm really excited to watch them, but idk if I'm in the right mood for any of them yet.

I might try and force myself to watch one of them soon anyway :3

We can always go somewhere again.
✧✧✧✧✧✧
profilewatchingart credit

Oct 9, 2022 5:54 PM

Aug 2022
Attack on Titan, I've been putting it off since it came out (2013 I think?), plan was to watch it when it was over.
And I did... This summer..... I'm stupid, I thought it was already over lol. Now I'm waiting for the last part to finish.
Oct 9, 2022 7:32 PM

Feb 2021
Hmmm I think it's Vivy. It's been a year after it finished airing and I still haven't watched the last few episodes because I haven't found the right mood.
"Nobody could laugh at someone who's trying their hardest" -Machio-

Oct 9, 2022 7:40 PM

Feb 2017
Utena, it's kinda long and I need to be in the right mood for Ikuhara's shows. Also Monster, Death Note, Serial Experiments Lain, Gun Buster, Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu, Houseki no Kuni, Bakemonogatari, and Dorohedoro. I'll probably like them all but I keep just watching seasonal stuff instead lol.
Oct 9, 2022 7:58 PM
Aug 2022
Fairy Tail. I really like Magi and I've heard the shows are similar. The long episode count is whats putting me off though.
Oct 9, 2022 7:59 PM

Oct 2019
Yes, every well known anime in my plan to watch list
Also available at:
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK8spdL1M_J-z0vO2C7jPLw
Second Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@AshPolygonsDo/videos
Why You Should Watch Akudama Drive: https://youtu.be/Yw0r52wRjgA
A Love Letter To Anime「AMV」: https://youtu.be/YQyqxFM2m9Q

My referral code to a website/app that gives you free money (a few cents a day) by using a few megabytes of your internet for file sharing. We both get a bonus if you use my link: https://r.honeygain.me/ARSHIA7942
Oct 10, 2022 4:23 AM

Oct 2013
Index II

I've been "watching" it since March... of 2021

I just wanted it so I can continue to Railgun T with more background knowledge but holy hell it's bad. I don't know how I liked Index I back in the day.
Oct 10, 2022 5:56 AM

Oct 2022
mines is Sailor Moon, i love the manga but ive just never got round to watching the anime. im also deciding whether or not i should finish the manga first too
Oct 10, 2022 5:59 AM

Jul 2016
Hunter x Hunter, I'll get around to watching it eventually.
Oct 10, 2022 9:43 AM

Sep 2020
There have been many shows I've been putting off for a long while, like years probably at this point cause my 'Plan to Watch' keeps growing and growing (I added them first on another site before MAL so some dates may not add up).
•Golgo 13
•Acchi wa Ssipak
•Altair: A Record of Battles
•Hyouge Mono
•009-1
•Bus Gamer
etc.

More shows could count but I guess the most popular franchises I have on my Plan to Watch that I've been putting off are: Fullmetal Alchemist, Garden of Sinners, A Certain Magical Index, etc. Some may last a while longer in that state cause I have a 2022-2023 watching plan going on and I want to stick to a cohesive schedule for once.
Oct 10, 2022 9:55 AM

Dec 2021
I tend to struggle watching any anime longer than one cour so there's a slew of famous shounens I can never bring myself to start 😓
Oct 10, 2022 10:41 AM

Dec 2021
Night Is Short, Walk on Girl. I really want to watch it but I don’t think it’s quite the right time yet.

Also, I’ve been putting off watching Nana too. Nana was the first anime recommendation I ever received on MAL so I’ve been meaning to watch it since January! I’ll watch it soon.
Oct 10, 2022 11:25 AM

Nov 2014
Natsume Yuujinchou has been on my list since forever. I have a lot of expectations, so I'm kinda waiting for the right moment.
Oct 10, 2022 12:07 PM

Aug 2019
For shows I haven't seen before, I'd say Evangelion, the Monogatari series, SnK and FMA:B are the ones I've put off for the longest. For shows I've seen at least one season of, season 3 of Food Wars and season 2 of MHA are still on my plan to watch.

Too much new stuff I wanna see is coming out so these shows just sit around not being watched.
And at his feet they'll cast their golden crowns
When the man comes around.
Oct 10, 2022 12:15 PM

Apr 2019
I have Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood on pause since 2019. I just can't get myself to watch it, even though I like it. I probably need to set a date for myself for when I will start watching it again tbh.
Oct 10, 2022 12:23 PM

Aug 2017
Currently it’s Gintama.
I’ve been putting it off for a while now. Either because I’m busy with work or have to keep up with seasonal anime.
Gintama is basically my fill in the gap anime. Where if nothing good airs, I watch Gintama to fill up the empty availability if that makes sense.
I just watch Gintama when ever feel best. I will take my time with it like a marathon. No need to rush it. I’m here for the long haul and journey.

Oct 10, 2022 12:24 PM

Sep 2022
Psycho Pass and Parasyte: The Maxim
Oct 10, 2022 8:32 PM

Apr 2011
Yes. Yes, there are anime I keep putting off for a long time.

Code Lyoko, we'll reset it all
Code Lyoko, be there when you call
Code Lyoko, we will stand real tall
Code Lyoko, stronger after all
Oct 10, 2022 10:42 PM

Aug 2020
mwalimu said:
I've been actively watching anime for about 6 years now with 738 titles completed (at this writing), and I have yet to watch some of the best known and most popular titles in anime, including:

• Attack on Titan
  • Death Note
  • Boku no Hero Academia
  • Hunter x Hunter
  • Code Geass
  • Fairy Tail

The only real reason I haven't watched these is because I keep finding plenty of other anime I want to watch and in my (mostly failing) efforts to keep my PTW to a manageable size I have to be careful what and how much I add to it. Also, I'll knock out one now and then. Last spring I watched Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood and just a week or two ago I watched Demon Slayer. There are also some popular titles I'm reluctant to start on because of my completionist tendencies and their high episode counts, such as Naruto and One Piece.

I would say that Attack on Titan is a pretty great show that's quite different from most shows. I took a look at you MAL and I am sure it would be something of a new experience for ya. If you manage to watch 2 eps then that will automatically make you binge the whole series.

Death Note is great as well. Its pretty interesting and the MC is really intelligent. Same with Code Geass but it has a lot of Mecha stuff in it.

Fairy Tail, Hunter x Hunter and Bolu no Hero Academia are all generic shonen anime. I would say it depends on how much you can handle. I saw that you liked SAO so there is a chance that you ight like these three a lot. But I would say HxH is better than the other two. Then Fairy Tail is really good if you can cope with the power of friendship and stuff like that. And BHA goes to the garbage.
However the MCs of all three shows are dumb losers.
Anime List: Click here
Manga List: Click here

Oct 10, 2022 11:33 PM
Aug 2021
Yeah, I have fairly high standards for what I watch, so I try to pace myself on series I'm confident I'll adore
Oct 11, 2022 2:13 AM

Oct 2008
Neon Genesis Evangelion - I didn't watch it back in the day, when I should have. So now it's hard to get around to.

Boogiepop (original) - watched the 2019 version, but I want to see what feeling this one will bring about in me.
Oct 11, 2022 3:50 AM

Oct 2017
Berserk - still deciding over to watch the 97 adaption first or start with the manga. Knowing that the story is going to be finished has given me a bump in maybe I should get around to this. Want to see Miura's incredible life's work.

Lupin The Third - Another long big classic I want to get around to eventually. Been meaning to watch for awhile.

Great Teacher Onizuka - I really should get around to this one. Started when I first got into anime and just didn't finish not for any particular reason either. Inuyasha is in the same situation.

Honestly to be lazy to the topic my whole PTW list that seems to expand more than I can actually watch.
Oct 11, 2022 3:52 AM

Dec 2012
91 days - I never find the motivation to watch it lmao
Trigun - I've seen a really bad spoiler regarding this anime which makes me hesitate to watch it
"Only one with the courage
to shoulder the burden
of their own fate can
be called a hero.."

Oct 11, 2022 4:05 AM
Jul 2021
Legend of galactic heroes
Monster (watched until ep24, need to continue)
Bakuman
Bakemonogatari
Oct 11, 2022 12:05 PM

Oct 2020
Bleach and Naruto Shippuden come to mind.
Kinda woried about if i will like these shows or not...
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» i think most of us know anime is just a medium, but...

LenRea - 11 minutes ago

1 by Zarutaku »»
3 minutes ago

» Why American Animators will have opportunities to create anime

GoatPieceLuffy - 3 hours ago

7 by alshu »»
8 minutes ago

» Do you generate your own Anime Wallpapers with AI?

Dragevard - 3 hours ago

21 by LenRea »»
9 minutes ago

» Which anime do you think deserves a reboot or continuation, and why?

Gashadokur0 - 10 hours ago

20 by meowchela »»
10 minutes ago

» Love live

Vapor_AU - 6 hours ago

9 by BeastyAnimefan »»
21 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.