Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 26, 2009 7:53 AM

Jan 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
"How old is he?"

You're not very bright are you Priss?

And seriously, wtf is it with the incestious brother!?
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol
Jan 30, 2009 1:25 PM

Sep 2007
Hilarious how the Knight Sabers have enough money to build customized combat suits, but barely enough to afford an apartment in Tokyo. XD

I decided the AD Police guy is my favorite. And not just because of the shades and the bike.
Nov 26, 2009 8:09 PM

Jun 2009
So far I'd say Priss is my favorite, I like her attitude. I wonder how Silia knows Mason, I remember him appearing in her flashback and, i'm assuming, he's the one who killed her father. But, I'm not sure.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jul 1, 2012 4:51 PM

Mar 2012
Beatnik said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
"How old is he?"

And seriously, wtf is it with the incestious brother!?

yeah I mean is that actually the brother (I hope not) or just a friend or something?
Feb 7, 2013 4:31 PM
Jul 2010
r4ytrace said:

yeah I mean is that actually the brother (I hope not) or just a friend or something?

For the love of God r4ytrace, how could you not know that? How could you have forgotten the whole flashback sequence in episode 1?:

And to make things worse, that sequence is extremely important to the plot, so it's not some unimportant scene that you could have forgotten easily. Not to mention the two siblings are like, the two most important characters since they are the leaders of the Knight Sabers, for Heaven's sake.
Aug 8, 2013 10:59 PM

Oct 2012
The opening shot was hilarious, so many Top Gun names.
Aug 10, 2013 3:41 AM

Jan 2008
Wow, nice catch!
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol
Aug 13, 2013 9:13 AM
Aug 2007
So why did Sho's try to run back inside the apartment as the building was being demolished? Hell, why did then his mother run into the building? Just to go get some cash?

It was obvious she was going to die because (once again) the death flags were all over the place. Unless she didn't die.. I couldn't tell where Priss dropped Sho off at the end of the episode, was that a hospital (where his mother was getting treatment)? Or was it an orphanage? Maybe some relatives? Who knows...

Mason's death was crap... I thought he was going to be some big character, but he just died so easily.

Which brings me to; what is even the point of making all these super boomers? They're all so weak compared to the Knight Sabers. And also. Why are the police so weak.... they can't even compete with the boomers...

*sigh*

Ignoring all that.. it's not too bad of a show..
Aug 25, 2013 8:09 AM

Aug 2013
Raitei said:
So why did Sho's try to run back inside the apartment as the building was being demolished? Hell, why did then his mother run into the building? Just to go get some cash?

It was obvious she was going to die because (once again) the death flags were all over the place. Unless she didn't die.. I couldn't tell where Priss dropped Sho off at the end of the episode, was that a hospital (where his mother was getting treatment)? Or was it an orphanage? Maybe some relatives? Who knows...

Mason's death was crap... I thought he was going to be some big character, but he just died so easily.

Which brings me to; what is even the point of making all these super boomers? They're all so weak compared to the Knight Sabers. And also. Why are the police so weak.... they can't even compete with the boomers...

*sigh*

Ignoring all that.. it's not too bad of a show..

Definitely was an orphanage.
Oct 23, 2013 8:30 PM

Jun 2010
So the Knight Sabers got angry at some guy so they went to where he works and killed him, leaving behind a calling card next to the pool of the guy's blood.

They sound like a mafia.
Sep 25, 2014 1:39 PM

Jan 2014
Quite nice character development when it comes to Priss.
And yes. Mackey is Sylia's brother. A perverted one. xD
Feb 3, 2015 10:42 AM
Dec 2014
Fronzel said:
So the Knight Sabers got angry at some guy so they went to where he works and killed him, leaving behind a calling card next to the pool of the guy's blood.

They sound like a mafia.

Well, they're mercenaries.
Feb 18, 2015 5:49 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
The 80's are strong with this one. That opening screen wih Top Gun names all over the map was hilarious.

I thought Mason would have been a harder nut to crack and last boss (having the same voice as Char Aznable makes it a bit distracting I must say. Out of the other characters, Priss is not very smart, but she's tough as nail and has the attitude to boot. Sylia has probably the best backstory and I wonder what her relationship to Mason was.

The character I like best though is the cop who's into Priss.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Apr 11, 2015 3:28 AM
Sep 2013

I like Nene's battle strategy:

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
KarinaraApr 10, 2022 12:59 PM
Jul 10, 2015 11:37 PM
Dec 12, 2015 8:37 AM

Nov 2011
BOOOOOORIIIIIING
Jan 13, 2017 12:22 PM

Jul 2013
What the hell. The kid blew the candles but then just proceeded to play video games instead of eating a slice.

Rude bastard.
Feb 4, 2018 9:39 AM

Mar 2016
Definitely weaker than the first two. Mason's death seemed more like an assassination than a proper battle. And the demolition scene was pretty dumb. Priss is so hot.
Apr 8, 2018 7:14 AM
Aug 2009
Farabeuf said:
Sylia has probably the best backstory and I wonder what her relationship to Mason was.

It's explained in the first episode. He killed her father and stole his boomer research, which Genom used to make itself the most wealthy and powerful organization in the world.
Apr 20, 2018 2:32 PM
Sep 2016
I have no idea what's going on, but I love the visuals and the songs.
Apr 12, 2019 10:16 PM

Sep 2013
Yeah, that was pretty much just an assassination wasn't it? Leon said there was nothing illegal about what they were doing, though it was really shitty. The lady's death would probably be ruled an accident and not negligence or something. Hell, it probably would have been settled out of court and the orphaned kid would have been handed a few million yen in compensation.

But they went and just outright killed the dude.

And Mackie is a little Shit-heel.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Aug 3, 2019 10:09 AM

Jul 2008
There might not be anything illegal about evicting someone, but to do so without giving them any time to move out?
Dec 13, 2019 12:41 PM

Jun 2015
NFH said:
r4ytrace said:

For the love of God r4ytrace, how could you not know that? How could you have forgotten the whole flashback sequence in episode 1?:

And to make things worse, that sequence is extremely important to the plot, so it's not some unimportant scene that you could have forgotten easily. Not to mention the two siblings are like, the two most important characters since they are the leaders of the Knight Sabers, for Heaven's sake.

Jesus, chill there. It's not that extremely important. You miss Sylia's personal resolution to fight and that's it.
Switch_ZDec 13, 2019 12:51 PM
Nov 4, 2020 12:52 PM

Jun 2020

Nice to see the Ad Police kick Boomer ass for once.
Too many "hero" anime show the authorities as complete imbeciles, but here they actually have some sort of coherent strategy. Though the footsoldier's antitank weapons are still inexplicably useless compared to the Knight Sabres' seemingly identical ones.
Old is Gold

"Look, look, we can do spinning shots without wasting our entire budget"
"Did you see? Look, it's all smooth and everything !"
"You're not looking, please, it's SO AWESOME LOOK AT HOW SPINNY IT IS!!!!"

- All anime animators since the invention of CGI.
Mar 28, 2021 2:07 PM

Aug 2017
"How old is he?"

Was she supposed to know?

The series takes place in 2032 and the boy's mother mentioned an earthquake "7 years" ago, that is, 2025 - exactly 100 years after a real earthquake in Japan. A reference, I guess. Pretty sad irony that she also died from an event that resembles an eartquake (from the inhabitant's point of view)

I can't believe the sequence of Priss putting her suit on got reused. A relatively good-looking OVA didn't take a chance to make a different lewd sequence showing off a main character? No way! xD

I like how Nene is always like "kyaa I'm attacked by a boomer and I'm completely hopeless lying on the ground" and then proceeds to accidentally shoot it to smithereens with her gun lol.

Is Sylia the only one who knew for sure that Mason is a bad guy? It might appear so but then we have other members citing Article 2 about personal vengence as a reason for her not acting against him. Well, RIP boomer Char anyway, didn't take too long. Cool scene with him being reflected in his blood. Was great to finally encounter the song that got me interested in the OVA during the battle.

Kuruwin said:
What the hell. The kid blew the candles but then just proceeded to play video games instead of eating a slice.

Rude bastard.

He had a nice party...with his present.

P.S. Another transforming bike, now a green one! Still figuring out the purpose of those 2...strings? attached to one of the suits.
P.P.S. The Knight Sabers autograph looked slightly differently in ep. 1, I think.

Rei_III said:
@St0rmblade "Boomer Char" ? XD

"Great to finally encounter the song that got me interested in the OVA during the battle."
What was that song's title please? (It almost sounds like the first OAV's beginning wasn't enough.)

Asu e Touchdown. Still my favourite one. Konya wa Hurricane was the only other one I've heard before watching the series, I think.
Mason was not actually a boomer, my bad!
St0rmbladeMar 30, 2021 12:20 PM
Mar 30, 2021 10:14 AM

Dec 2015
@St0rmblade "Boomer Char" ? XD

"Great to finally encounter the song that got me interested in the OVA during the battle."
What was that song's title please? (It almost sounds like the first OAV's beginning wasn't enough.)

St0rmblade said:

Asu e Touchdown

Thanks ! That might be the one I liked the less. (But it was still nice to hear it again. Now on Hurricane..)
Rei_IIIMar 31, 2021 6:31 AM
Feb 12, 2022 2:09 PM

Nov 2016
I wouldn't fuck with the Knight Sabers, but I do with the music.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 9, 2022 8:31 PM

Oct 2021
Goodbye mr. Mason, you were a vile businessman and got what you deserved.

I would love to have that 'Priss Live' poster (as shown at the end of the episode) in my room, she is very hot hehe.

Sep 1, 2022 2:43 PM

Dec 2021
The plotting seems a bit sloppy in this episode. I get that Priss is going to Genom to seek revenge and the rest of the team are backing her, but then Mason and the boomers all being ready like he's waiting for a duel... just feels like it needed a little something else, even if just a short scene, probably from the perspective of Mason or some other motivating factor. Lots of wasted potential for Mason as a villain in connection to Sylia's backstory, and I've always hated the bit where they lower their mask (cockpit in the case of mech shows is where this usually happens) pointlessly and get killed as a result.

Also, I've gotta say, I absolutely love that they call them boomers. While boomers are not actually a negative thing in this world per se, we're only ever exposed to the negative aspect of boomers through Genom, so it feels like a slap in the face against the boomer generation. There might be some context in Japanese that I'm missing, but it's still hilarious.
Mar 18, 2023 6:58 PM
Mar 2023
Didn't like this episode much either. Reused that same nude sequence from the previous episode for no apparent reason.
Nov 8, 2023 7:20 AM

Jan 2021
Really hated the ending of this episode. So you're the only one who has taken care of this orphan and he sees you as a friend and you just, drop him away? What was the point of building their relationship if jack shit was going to be done with it?
May 30, 10:12 AM
Dec 2019
Reply to 80sAnimeGuy
Didn't like this episode much either. Reused that same nude sequence from the previous episode for no apparent reason.
@80sAnimeGuy Lol! What a baby. 8 posts in a year and two of them are whining about four seconds of cartoon boobs in an 80s anime.

Solid 80s action start to the episode. You know its the old days when you see an armored cop getting turned into hamburger by a machine gun.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bubblegum Crisis Episode 8 Discussion

Beatnik - Jan 27, 2009

49 by LotteGiants »»
Jun 1, 5:29 AM

Poll: » Bubblegum Crisis Episode 6 Discussion

Veethorn - Nov 21, 2009

22 by LotteGiants »»
May 31, 7:09 AM

Poll: » Bubblegum Crisis Episode 5 Discussion

Beatnik - Jan 26, 2009

25 by LotteGiants »»
May 31, 1:40 AM

Poll: » Bubblegum Crisis Episode 4 Discussion

Veethorn - Nov 19, 2009

19 by LotteGiants »»
May 31, 12:21 AM

Poll: » Bubblegum Crisis Episode 2 Discussion

Ston3_FreeN7 - Nov 26, 2009

19 by LotteGiants »»
May 30, 10:11 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.