Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 19, 2009 8:34 PM

Feb 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I dunno know... there's something about this series that its making them one of the most entertaining anime I've seen
Nov 26, 2009 8:58 PM

Jun 2009
After not being a fan of some of the previous episodes, I really liked this one.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jul 7, 2012 3:13 PM

Mar 2012
Veethorn said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I dunno know... there's something about this series that its making them one of the most entertaining anime I've seen

yeah I have to agree with you, there is just something really really good about them...
Aug 13, 2013 9:15 AM
Aug 2007
Good episode..
Nov 5, 2014 10:18 PM

Jan 2014
I enjoyed this episode the most so far.
Feb 3, 2015 10:41 AM
Dec 2014
This is when the series really starts to pick up.

Akuma no Tenshi Kiss is the best song of this series, by the way.
Feb 14, 2015 1:21 PM

Jul 2014
Veethorn said:

I think it's because of the characters. They feel real. Each has its own thoughts and acts in accordance with them.
mozgowFeb 22, 2015 1:38 AM
Feb 18, 2015 6:30 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I agree with all of the above. This episode was specially good. I think that another reason it wsa so good is that the opponent (at least initally) is human as opposed to a Boomer. That gives a whole different feel to the encounter.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Mar 22, 2015 4:56 AM

Jun 2013
Full of action episode with a paper thin plot and uninteresting characters. Well, at least I agree this episode was better than the previous ones.
Sep 18, 2015 6:37 AM

Mar 2008
Some sexy vehicular activity. The Griffon and some pieces remind me of the Batmobile of the '89 film.
Having the mechs flying through the streets to the subway was pretty cute.

Too bad the plot was flimsy as ever.
Apr 14, 2016 7:26 AM

Mar 2016
I love the idea of a car becoming an electronic hybrid killing machine that eventually attempted to fuse with it's creator/driver and take over. All of the scenes where he's modifying and testing are really well done.

That said, I found it hard to believe this guy would wage a war on biker gangs while his girl had lived through their attack. She should have died and that's what put him over the edge. Al la The Punisher. Just makes more sense to me. Otherwise you have her in the passenger seat just holding on for dear life at the end... which seemed very silly she'd just sit there while he kills everyone in his way.
I don't need no instructions to know how to rock!
May 8, 2016 5:01 AM

Nov 2011
what the fuck is going on????

the art is damn great like, damn fuckin hell son
and the animation is EVEN BETTER

but what's the goddamn point if i don't get WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON
Dec 3, 2017 7:47 AM
Jun 2016
So...episode 4

Once again, the knight sabers save the day again.
"The greatness of one's sorrow when parting is the evidence of the deepness of one's love, so if one fears sadness, one wouldn't be able to love anything."
Feb 4, 2018 9:43 AM

Mar 2016
Pleasantly surprised and very impressed that they let the guy get caught rather than help him escape. This one was very entertaining.
mickyw33 said:
That said, I found it hard to believe

Is it really that unbelievable? The both of them are obviously traumatized, maybe him more than her despite her seeming inability to talk until the last minute. He even seems to suffer from PTSD in that one scene. He's deranged and he wants revenge. And since it seems like she can hardly move or talk, it's not like she has much of a say; again, until the last minute when she snaps out of it.
syncrogazerFeb 4, 2018 9:50 AM
Mar 28, 2021 3:48 PM

Aug 2017
The story moves to 2033!

Mr. Drink-water lol

What's the deal with the characters occasionally opening their mouths without sound (it happened, like, 4 times or something). It's so unsettling.

The easter eggs on buttons/screens in old OVAs always crack me up. And it's often bad English mixed up with romaji.

Such a shame that the role of Kaneto Shiozawa here (as Gibson) is not credited on MAL!

Rei_III said:
PS: You can edit Shiozawa's resume yourself. (By the way, Hiataru Ryôko! is a great series with him.)

Thanks for reminding me to submit it. Shiozawa played another Shin in Area 88, by the way.
I see you're trying to lure me into the adaptations of the works of this mangaka who seems to be obsessed with baseball
St0rmbladeMar 30, 2021 12:44 PM
Mar 30, 2021 10:19 AM

Dec 2015

3/5

@St0rmblade Interesting... (I thought it was something born out of the bad french dub I've seen.)

PS: You can edit Shiozawa's resume yourself. (By the way, Hiataru Ryôko! is a great series with him.)

St0rmblade said:
I see you're trying to lure me into the adaptations of the works of this mangaka who seems to be obsessed with baseball

xD He's not ! Adachi is.. simply using sport (all kind of sports) as background for his teenagers dramas or romcom. In the Hiatari manga, it isn't even part of the intrigue at all. The anime enlarged the base-ball part and made it an ingredient of the story only to expand on the manga (5tomes => double length series, full year).
Also, I'm not trying to lure anyone into Adachi's net. (I would have pinpointed Touch if that was the case.)
Rei_IIIMar 31, 2021 6:25 AM
Apr 10, 2022 8:21 AM

Oct 2021
I agree this is the best episode so far, this series keeps getting better.

I really like the vehicle and tech designs, they have that awesome late 80s and early 90s aesthetics. Mix it with the great action & music and it's a certified recipe for a good show.

Priss is just badass btw, she is def my favorite so far.
Nov 1, 2023 7:43 PM

Apr 2020
Interesting and well-made filler episode, very entertaining and delivering the best of Bubblegum Crisis without main plot inherent flaws.
Mar 13, 6:30 PM
Blitzball Player

Dec 2011
The combat practice is just a masterclass in displaying character traits through showing rather than telling. Priss an absolute calculated and precise combat machine; Linna following suit albeit a bit more careless and clumsy; Nene is a tech wizard and not as well suited in a war zone setting; and Sylia is a mastermind playing chess while everyone is playing checkers. Most important, they all fill a specific role in the Knight Sabers to form such a great team. Nothing but absolute LOVE for this series!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bubblegum Crisis Episode 8 Discussion

Beatnik - Jan 27, 2009

48 by JuanColburn22 »»
Mar 31, 7:03 PM

Poll: » Bubblegum Crisis Episode 1 Discussion

Beatnik - Jan 25, 2009

41 by Lethal_Rabbit »»
Mar 29, 6:49 AM

Poll: » Bubblegum Crisis Episode 7 Discussion

Beatnik - Jan 27, 2009

27 by burbels »»
Dec 20, 2023 4:42 AM

Poll: » Bubblegum Crisis Episode 5 Discussion

Beatnik - Jan 26, 2009

24 by burbels »»
Dec 20, 2023 4:29 AM

Poll: » Bubblegum Crisis Episode 6 Discussion

Veethorn - Nov 21, 2009

21 by burbels »»
Dec 20, 2023 4:17 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.