Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 23, 2022 7:59 AM

Nov 2011
Welp, action is back in full swing again and that train station turned into a war zone. Seriously though, bad luck to everyone who got caught into that mess.

On the other hand, I thought Chisato was very cute to watch this episode. Takana is also starting to open up more with her emotions and capable of even laughing now. Their relationship seems to improve even more.
Jul 23, 2022 8:08 AM

Nov 2010
As Kuropan is a standard equipment for high school girls, Takina's choice is normal in a sense.

--- edit ---
According to the information of the Net displayed on Takina's smartphone, Alan institute gives unfortunate geniuses all sorts of support for nothing and an owl motif pendant is given them as a proof of Alan's child.
kuroneko99Jul 23, 2022 9:29 PM
Jul 23, 2022 8:15 AM

Feb 2020
Panties!

This was a hilarious episode. We got plenty of good comedy this time.

I can't get enough of Chisato. She's too adorable. :3

It was nice to see some development between Chitaso and Takina. I love their friendship.

Takina looked cute in all those different clothes.

SerafosJul 23, 2022 12:13 PM
Jul 23, 2022 9:08 AM

Jul 2014
NGL, Takina wearing boxers reminded me of Misaka from ToAru lol.
Amazing episode! the banters between Takina and Chisato were entertaining, its adorable to see Takina open up to this extent towards Chisato, girl was like a new character, she was smiling and throwing rather emotional jabs at Chisato throughout the ep.
Those poor Lycoris mob characters getting crushed was slightly dark, that aside this episode still felt like a calm before the storm. Shit is gonna hit hard in the upcoming episodes.
Im still getting these eerie feeling that they are setting up Chisato dying which will break Takina all over again losing her old and new place altogether, well that or its Takina that will end up dying.

Jul 23, 2022 9:25 AM

Jul 2017
Chisato literally playing a VR game against Fuki, and all I can say is madness ensues, and I mean HARD. Also, Chisato going unhinged to see Takina's panties of all things, what a wild girl man.

Not sure if I remembered that their plainclothes wear is reflected in the OP, though it's definitely an aesthetic that Chisato is helping to ease Takina's natural serious nature, and when it backfires, it backfires HARD too but in a hilarious way. Just a nice way to see the 2 girls spend life outside and develop their relationship further from eating desserts to seeing an aquarium. Chisato wanting to find the person whom gave her the owl pendant as a sign of thanks, and Takina is slowly etching into Chisato's life for the better.

Back to the serious business, the guy that Chisato was looking for (Shinji from the Alan Institute) having a pep talk with Mika, looks like this will be a waiting game for her. And it doesn't take long for a terrorist attack to occur, only to be swindled by Lycoris agents in the line of fire.

Hah lols, Chisato getting caught in the act by Mizuki, what a way to finish the episode alright.
Just a rest breather of an episode that does well before business kicks back into gear.
Jul 23, 2022 9:27 AM

Apr 2014
This episode began with panty and ended with panty. 😂 I agree with Chisato that Takina needed to change her panties. What she needs to wear is proper women's panty, not those boxers.
They were looking at each other panties. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) It was a good date after all, until those explosions.

何それ?意味分かんない
Jul 23, 2022 9:32 AM

May 2020
Chicken dinner is all well and good, but they got my hopes up for nothing, like boxers? Really? FUCK. But hey atleast they did some lingerie shopping( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°).

Was a feel good episode until the last 5 minutes, though that's just how things go in this series, straight up one-eighty out of nowhere. A-1 Pictures really doing their A1 job with it.

Anyways boxers for the win i guess.
Jul 23, 2022 9:34 AM
Jul 2012
Love how big of an influence Chisato and Takina are having on each other.
Jul 23, 2022 9:37 AM

Jan 2018
Takina's finally opening up. I guess we have character progression.

Majima trying to commit a No Russian move ehh? Also, those might be part of the missing guns.
Jul 23, 2022 9:40 AM

Mar 2021
Excellent episode chisato and Takina went on a shopping trip and got more close with each other they are just so adorable together
Jul 23, 2022 9:41 AM

Feb 2020
They had the chance to show some good-darn native French in this anime (and Chisato speaking it, no less!), and they ruined it and threw it into the backdrop with no focus! come on, man!
Jul 23, 2022 9:44 AM

Sep 2021
Why yes thank you I do like slice of life with my Cute Girls Do Cute Things (Like Assassination) show~

It was really nice to see Chisato and Takina get a break and just go shopping, and once again the dialogues and interactions between them are so good. Underneath Chisato's playfulness there's a sense that she wants Takina to be able to separate her Lycoris life and not be so "on" all the time, and I'm glad she got her to relax a little bit.

The scene of them at the café was such a highlight for me along with pantsu shenanigans.
Chisato speaks French, who knew?

And of course underneath all of this, as Lycoris Recoil does, there's an undercurrent of sadness, because we know how expendable the Lycoris are to the organization... That train station scene was just brutal. And it really hurt to see Chisato just as worried and upset as Takina as they were on their way home, even if she didn't let it show, for Takina's sake.

Also love that we got just a little more backstory on our girl Chisato, and I'm excited (and nervous) to see where things end up now that the plot is moving forward a bit! I'm still feeling death flags for Chisato, but I really hope they don't. Seeing Takina so full of life now would make it hurt so much more. She's really starting to open up and let herself live- because of Chisato. The changes in her character have been wonderful to witness! A-1 once again treated us to some beautifully fluid animation, even through a VR game that could have been some throwaway shots, it's so neat to see their attention to the details~

Can't wait for next week!! ♡

I'm okay now... At least... I want to be able to say that.
✧✧✧✧✧✧
profilewatchingart credit

Jul 23, 2022 9:45 AM

Oct 2017
Really fun episode with lots of sweet Chisato x Takina moments. Chisato and Takina getting red while showing their pantsu were cute. Also Chisato trying out Takina's boxers was hilarious.
Jul 23, 2022 9:50 AM

Jul 2011
Seeing Takina in civilian clothes, is making me want to re-watch Im@s Cinderella Girls, because she made me remember of Shibuya Rin.
Still talking about Takina, her in the intermission was just "Wow!".

I wish it had a Lycoris HQ aftermath, I need to know if at least most of the Lycoris survived. Just hoping.
Jul 23, 2022 9:50 AM

Jun 2015
Once you go boxer shorts there is just no going back!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Jul 23, 2022 9:52 AM

Dec 2014
smoltulip said:
Why yes thank you I do like slice of life with my Cute Girls Do Cute Things (Like Assassination) show~

It was really nice to see Chisato and Takina get a break and just go shopping, and once again the dialogues and interactions between them are so good. Underneath Chisato's playfulness there's a sense that she wants Takina to be able to separate her Lycoris life and not be so "on" all the time, and I'm glad she got her to relax a little bit.

The scene of them at the café was such a highlight for me along with pantsu shenanigans.
Chisato speaks French, who knew?

And of course underneath all of this, as Lycoris Recoil does, there's an undercurrent of sadness, because we know how expendable the Lycoris are to the organization... That train station scene was just brutal. And it really hurt to see Chisato just as worried and upset as Takina as they were on their way home, even if she didn't let it show, for Takina's sake.

Also love that we got just a little more backstory on our girl Chisato, and I'm excited (and nervous) to see where things end up now that the plot is moving forward a bit! I'm still feeling death flags for Chisato, but I really hope they don't. Seeing Takina so full of life now would make it hurt so much more. She's really starting to open up and let herself live- because of Chisato. The changes in her character have been wonderful to witness! A-1 once again treated us to some beautifully fluid animation, even through a VR game that could have been some throwaway shots, it's so neat to see their attention to the details~

Can't wait for next week!! ♡

+1 to all of this. Fantastic episode on the whole.

The disbelief on my face when I saw the whey they censored what could have been a panty shot only to realize later she was just wearing boxers. xD

Loving how Chisato's is trying to get Takina out of her rigid Lycoris shell and have more fun with her life. You can tell it's working when Takina picks up on Chisato being sad when she describes how she's looking for someone which ends in Takina doing those weird dances.

The final scene with Takina laughing was so cute. At this point, I can safely say that this is easily the best new premiere of this season.
Jul 23, 2022 9:53 AM
Mar 2021
the should have called this episode "Pantsu-Gate" .
Absolutely loved it especially the more silent part in the .quarium
Jul 23, 2022 9:55 AM

Feb 2019
Best episode yet by far. Too many great moments to list. Chisato rushing in to see Takina’s underwear and pulling up her skirt, the shopping trip, Takina doing the same thing to Chisato and then Chisato getting caught in the mirror were the highlights for sure.

I still got engage kiss over lycoreco but the gap is def getting smaller I’ll admit. A-1 really in their bag
Jul 23, 2022 9:57 AM
Oct 2021
Holy shit they explained why she walked towards the gunman in ep2 instead of just shooting him. I stand corrected. So I guess her aim is not too good because of the bullets. Don't know much about guns so I don't know if bullets impact accuracy that drastically. This is somewhat of a weakness for Chisato, I just hope they are consistant with it.

Episode was mostly fine. Liked the developement of Chisato and Takina and their relationship. Liked the moments of comedy. You don't need an action scene to make an episode good.

But they did have an action scene, which once again makes me question how these terrorist attacks are kept a secret. Surely everyone could hear the gunshots, right?
Green haired guy had good cover to his left that was closer to him, but he chooses to run quite a distance to the right, and of course he can't die so they miss all the shots that count. He somehow survives the explosion, gets out alive, when all exits from that area should've been secured, and I guess he knows how to treat himself from 3 gunshot wounds (one in left shoulder, one in right arm and one in right forearm) so that he doesn't bleed to death.

Gotta wonder though, this episode seems to have a higher % of people rating it as 1, why?

Edit: never mind. I shouldn't consider the rating when the ep has been out for less than a few hours and so few people have watched it.

Edit2: I also have to question how the whole terrorist plot started. Like, did they just walk into an empty train station? did the authorities empty it beforehand so the terrorists can have some fun? Was the train they shot always full of Lycorises or did they stop it and evacuate it and fill it with Lycorises halfway through?
Secret333Jul 23, 2022 10:33 AM
Jul 23, 2022 10:05 AM

Dec 2015
Interesting what Kurumi could do with that photo: a 3D visual to ID suspects using VR. Love that Takina is getting rid of her "ice queen" exterior but she's probably regretting that she was unable to help the others.

So moss head's name is Majima, huh? This guy is quite chaotic. What's his end game I wonder.
Jul 23, 2022 10:28 AM

Dec 2020
Takina has the same style as misato in the end chisato wants to try itself lol that was so funny.
Their relationship has getting stronger.
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

Jul 23, 2022 10:49 AM

Feb 2016

An interesting bartender...
Jul 23, 2022 10:53 AM

Oct 2018
I need some answers

Why didn't it show Chisato and Takina's pantsu?
Why did Terminator OST start to play out of nowhere?7
When will Chisato and Takina kiss?
If you're a fanboy, please don't waste my time.

Watch more movies, please.

Perhaps, this is hell.
Jul 23, 2022 10:59 AM

Sep 2017
Bit of a goofy episode. Green hair bro dodging bullets as if he was the protagonist smh. Well spose his motive is something along the lines of fuck the government we gotta expose the battle waifus to the general public. He probably killed the fuck out of like 20+ with those bombs tho.

Takina is opening up more and Chisato doesn't kill ppl cause she feels bad about it.
Jul 23, 2022 11:10 AM

Nov 2020
What a wholesome episode. I love their interaction so much

Jul 23, 2022 11:18 AM
May 2021
Did you guys notice that the new villain was voiced by our beloved Harem King, Matsuoka.
Jul 23, 2022 11:25 AM

May 2021
A good choice adding in a weakness for Chisato - her aim. Its quite weird though that no one heard the gunshots despite how loud they were.

Jul 23, 2022 11:34 AM

Jul 2020
They should've avoided those angles if they weren't gonna show the panty shots. Why throw this obvious censorship in viewers' face instead..?
Jul 23, 2022 11:36 AM

Sep 2012
jjklo said:
They should've avoided those angles if they weren't gonna show the panty shots. Why throw this obvious censorship in viewers' face instead..?
They showed you boxers and 2nd was a coincidence :v
Jul 23, 2022 11:36 AM

Jun 2017
Chisato has her priorities right. Fantastic episode, I was actually impressed we got such a silly premise but they still advanced the main plot too.

kuroneko99 said:
As Kuropan is a standard equipment for high school girls, Takina's choice is normal in a sense.

As a man wearing boxers, yes they are indeed very comfortable, easy to move in and breathe nicely. I think some girls actually do prefer it over panties irl. The manager's recommendation was solid. lol
Jul 23, 2022 11:46 AM
Jul 2014
jjklo said:

Right? I mean we did get to see Chisato in bra and panties in the last episode. So why’d they cop out now? They had one job with this episode. And they missed completely.
Jul 23, 2022 11:54 AM

Aug 2018
jjklo said:

B/c teasing is sexier than actually showing the goods?
Set SCE to AUX
Jul 23, 2022 11:56 AM
Aug 2019
jjklo said:

you mad? go watch something "adult" instead if you really want heavy fanservice
Jul 23, 2022 12:08 PM
Jan 2019
Really enjoyed this episode, and I’m excited to see what happens next; the comedy was great and kinda feels like a last bit of light fun before the storm, but with Chisato around I’m sure there’ll still be some laughs, although having her lose her spark would hit hard.

I’m interested to see how dark this is going to go, as currently we have more SoL/CGDCT but that may well change. For some reason I have a feeling that Mika might die, he just is such a fatherly figure I could see it really affecting the girls and could break Chisato to get her to use real bullets which would be an interesting path, but that’s just my prediction.

Probably consistently my favourite show this series which I am pleasantly surprised about. Hope they keep it up!
Jul 23, 2022 12:12 PM
Jul 2018
Really love the new clothes, this anime reaaly change a clothes huh. Also the train scene animation is amazing. there are some really good angles shot in this ep
Jul 23, 2022 12:16 PM
Jul 2014
Ononoki_9 said:
jjklo said:

you mad? go watch something "adult" instead if you really want heavy fanservice

They’ve already shown Chisato in bra and panties in the last episode. Why not in this episode? Also this episode was based around panties, so nothing wrong with expecting to see panties.
Unleashed_SMJul 23, 2022 12:23 PM
Jul 23, 2022 12:16 PM

Nov 2020
kset280 said:
Did you guys notice that the new villain was voiced by our beloved Harem King, Matsuoka.

His voice is so recognizable so I noticed it right away.

Jul 23, 2022 12:17 PM

May 2021
Great episode! Chisato takes Takina to go buy some pants xD. Of course, their outing had to be interrupted...

Looking forward to the next episode!
AISHITERU...REM!
Jul 23, 2022 12:18 PM

Feb 2019
Chisato taking a leaf out of Misaka Mikoto's book I see :)

the two girls are developing a wonderful friendship :)
The line below is True.
The line above is False.
Jul 23, 2022 12:37 PM

Apr 2021
Yup this is turning into a yuri
Not that i have any problem
Jul 23, 2022 12:49 PM

Jan 2009
is this Shinji guy https://myanimelist.net/character/213651/Shinji_Yoshimatsu the indirect biological father of Chisato? like maybe he donated his genes or sperm to make a designer baby that is Chisato?

last wholesome episode before the main action plot kickstart?

its funny that in the end they kinda switch panty styles indirectly making the cheerful Chisato seems like the machine Takina while Takina becoming more like Chisato

Jul 23, 2022 1:00 PM

Jan 2018
Pantsu episode :3
Focusing on important details
Jul 23, 2022 1:00 PM

Mar 2016
Can't blame Takina, I mean boxers are really comfy.
kset280 said:

You meant to say big brainer of the season?
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Jul 23, 2022 1:03 PM

Jul 2022
Epic episode, seems that guy might be the main villain and he wants to achieve "balance"
chisato and takina are so adorable together >.<
Jul 23, 2022 1:56 PM

Jun 2021
Chisato and Fuki in that game lol. I love how just the names “Chisato” and “Fuki” are enough to set them off.

Takina is a machine, I mean her personality is very cold and logical but also her precision with a gun is crazy. Her wearing boxers just fits the character lol. I never thought I’d see an embarrassed Chisato haha. Takina making her show off her panties was great, I love these light moments between those two. The girls pretending to be different fish was another great moment lol.

Chisato is right btw, every meal really should be delicious, fun, and happy lol. But that dessert looked like diabetes on a platter! Of course Chisato speaks French too. That girl can do it all, man. Anyways, I feel like there has to be more to Chisato’s preference for rubber bullets than just disliking taking a life. I’m also curious what Shinji’s relationship to Chisato is since he gave her the necklace.

This mysterious guy who lured the Lycoris into a trap seems hellbent on sowing chaos. I wonder what his ultimate goal is…

But best moment in this episode for me was Chisato getting busted trying on Takina’s boxers lol.
Jul 23, 2022 2:00 PM

Sep 2020
Very funny and interesting episode! The bad guy at the end would probably cause more problems in the future, also that VR games looks so fun to play.
Jul 23, 2022 2:19 PM

Apr 2018
Ahhhh.. this episode was so incredible. A nice change of pace after the non-stop action scenes we've got and the mystery around the gun dealers and what more. A sudden change of pace to buy panties. Welp, Takina's preference of underwear was a bit too manly after we seen her do a backflip but got covered by Chisato's massive head but it got revealed in the end. The angles in this episode felt monogatarish for some reason. It felt like another director worked on it but whatever doesn't really matter. Chika Anzai, Chisato's VA HAS to be nomiated as the best female VA because holy shit.. I'm actually attached to her voice. She can change her tone so well and adapt to different scenes and makes it even more refreshing to hear/see. I don't know if you get me but the voice acting is on a different level. The comedy was also really good, made me smile and giggle a lot throughout the episode. I'm impressed we already more or less fully broke Takina's demeanor, that usually takes a full season. Seems like she's in for a change thanks to Chisato. They're a wonderful duo that brightens up the day. Anyway, a little bit of action and mystery in the end with the train explosion. The scenery and soundtrack made the 2-3 minutes so fucking hyped. The set-up and explosion were cool as hell. A new kind of villian arrived voiced by Matsuoka. The last funny scene was that he hanged up when Roboto called him xD.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Jul 23, 2022 3:22 PM

Aug 2018
The hunt for new panties ? Didn't expect an episode dedicated to this topic, but I can't complain. The ending was also very funny : worst moment worst place, for a great confusion & misunderstanding.

Though one point kinda annoyed me : the "strategy" used by the Lycoris to fight the terrorists. Despite their number, the girls were all placed in a more than dangerous situation - not to say deadly situation - and if we assume that none died from the shooting, it's a miracle. Sure they can have bulletproof equipment such as the case hiding Kurumi in episode 2 : doesn't really make the situation that much better honestly. I would say they were lucky the villains didn't equip a few grenades on top of their assault rifles / LMGs. Would have been a massacre, surely worse than the current one, since it seems they had casualties from the bombing.

I however liked the way it was covered, reminded me a scene from Kingsman 1, where one character presents his collection of newspapers that seem irrelevant or just random. But turns out they all carry a different meaning : on these days, tjhe agent was actually sent on special missions and remembers saving lives anonymously by these news titles, no one besides his organization knowing what happened. Felt very similar here, sort of unkown & anonymous hero saving the world in the shadows, which is a point I liked.
Jul 23, 2022 3:27 PM
Mar 2022
wholesome episode. 9/10 episode
Jul 23, 2022 3:50 PM
Nov 2020
Man, Chisato and Takina's relationship is quite nice and genuine, which is appreciated considering the other couples in this season. That said, I'm scared of what might happen next, since a lot of Recoils died in the subway. Amazing episode 10/10 👌
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» New Short Movie mini-series confirmed

Yuri_Niji - Jul 23

11 by MarshallLeeee »»
Jul 25, 11:50 AM

Poll: » Lycoris Recoil Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 17, 2022

285 by Lily_Fwog »»
Jul 9, 12:44 AM

Poll: » Lycoris Recoil Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2022

446 by Prupel1 »»
Jun 19, 10:01 PM

» Is this yuri? ( 1 2 )

Jeje2020 - Feb 11, 2023

63 by UTSANOMIKO »»
Jun 19, 10:54 AM

» Why is there so many visually repulsive characters in Lycoris Recoil Recoil? ( 1 2 3 )

Shizuna - Jan 29, 2023

122 by six20 »»
Jun 8, 9:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.