Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jul 8, 2022 6:46 PM

Dec 2018
Ok, this is way better than I thought it would be.
Jul 8, 2022 6:59 PM

Feb 2019
Ok so this is really interesting to me because the score for this so far is really low, but the manga has a great score and seems to be really well received. Was this a bad adaptation or something? The Op is def ass(visually) but other than that I thought the ep was OK.

I thought this felt like an old school show we’d watch back in the day on fox kids or 4Kids. Had a bit of early 2000s anime charm to it.
Marinate1016Jul 8, 2022 7:05 PM
Jul 8, 2022 7:15 PM

May 2015
i don't like samidare's voice
Jul 8, 2022 7:19 PM
Jul 2021
Pretty mediocre in terms of looks, but the pacing was exactly what I hoped for and the story's quality shines through. Those last couple minutes with Samidare are bound to get through to people, and they'll hopefully read the manga, which is a classic and arguably Mizukami's best work (yes, yes, Spirit Circle exists. So does Sengoku Yoko. I still like Hoshi no Samidare better).

I'll probably skip the OP and ED every time, or play some The Pillows over them. Absolute waste to not get them, but considering the quality we're looking at they probably couldn't afford it.

This anime is a tolerable waste, because the manga still exists and still shines in the torrent of trash that is media in general.

I hate that they got rid of the pantyshots. They're possibly the best integrated dumb bits of fanservice in a piece of media ever. Every time they happen it's kino characterization. I really hope they don't remove the "Random Events".
ReelensJul 8, 2022 7:23 PM
Jul 8, 2022 7:24 PM
Oct 2008
Honestly it felt like an anime straight out of the mid 00’s, a cheap one at that. But from what I remember the art in the manga wasn’t that great as well, so it kinda makes sense… It’s quite upsetting that after so many years of waiting and we get this kind of treatment and adaptation of such a special manga (feels like shaman king reboot all over again 😢😢)

In the end plot+characters are the best things about the show, so the animation itself won’t matter much, but goddamn we deserved way more. Just thinking about the possibility of a OST made by The Pillows 😭😡😫

From what I remember Planet With had waayyy better animation right?
Jul 8, 2022 7:30 PM
Jan 2022
Though I feel the animation could maybe be a better, This episode has definitely hooked me. I think this is gonna be a hidden gym of a series of done right. I was constantly laughing through the entire episode.

I look forward to see where this series goes.
Jul 8, 2022 7:33 PM
Oct 2020
Should I just read the manga instead or is the anime adaptation worth it?
Jul 8, 2022 7:33 PM

Jan 2020
It’s so sad that one of my favourite manga is getting screwed over by this crappy studio. Well, at least I like the VAs
Jul 8, 2022 8:15 PM
Apr 2022
Hilarious you guys liking the animation?
Are you using alts to make MAL look bad, while dissing it over on the r/anime sub?
Jul 8, 2022 8:50 PM

Sep 2018
God, that was ugly to watch, everything was passable until they actually started to move lol
Jul 8, 2022 9:00 PM

Aug 2008
Should've just let her fall lol
Jul 8, 2022 9:17 PM

Feb 2018
This show reminded me of Gibiate. Not enough awfulness to "so bad that it's good" stuff, not enough quality to treat it like something serious.
Just an extremely boring cartoon where 20 minutes feels like an hour.
Jul 8, 2022 9:32 PM
Oct 2021
LAME AF Bruh this shows whole fucking plot is just sloppy asf basically just a hammer in the sky wtf is that? Smh A child could’ve came up with this
Jul 8, 2022 9:39 PM

Jun 2015
Dukino said:
Unowen said:
Bottom of the barrel.

Infinitely worse looking shows that this. Y'all are such whiners 😂😂
Worse things existing is probably the worst praise you can give anything. If it even qualifies as praise and not just as some absurd mental gymnastics.

But yeah a whiner anyday over having non-existing standards.
Jul 8, 2022 9:48 PM

Oct 2007
Marinate1016 said:

I thought this felt like an old school show we’d watch back in the day on fox kids or 4Kids. Had a bit of early 2000s anime charm to it.

Well that's the absolutely correct feeling to have, since this manga ran from 2005 - 2010 lol
Jul 8, 2022 10:03 PM
Jul 2021
Am I the only one who doesn’t think the animation is bad
Jul 8, 2022 10:09 PM
Oct 2019
I am dropping this and will read the manga instead.
won't waste my time on an adaptation as mediocre as this
4/10 max
Jul 8, 2022 10:16 PM
Apr 2022
Animillion said:
It’s so sad that one of my favourite manga is getting screwed over by this crappy studio. Well, at least I like the VAs
... team B of NAZ worked on it if u checked staffs then i don't see any reason to high hope to wait and watch this. Look team A worked on ID: INVADED ( not my taste but the visual i had seen 3 eps it good ) and Bisco ( source already bad but animation quality good ).

So just advice you to check production team worked on it ( don't just look name studio ) before high hope or watch. That may save your time on some anime
lehuy0210Jul 8, 2022 10:43 PM
Jul 8, 2022 10:50 PM

Jul 2022
What's with modern anime being cowards with fan service? The manga had a bunch of panty shots in chapter one. The anime? None.
Jul 8, 2022 10:53 PM

Nov 2010
The style of the story seems a product made for kids before crappy isekai trend. But, reading the synopsis on Wiki, the source material seems an isekai story in terms of the key words. Anyway, watching some more episodes will tell the truth.
Jul 8, 2022 11:01 PM
Aug 2019
Animation wise it was really lame, but besides that, I did liked it. The artsyle is cute and feels kind of 2000s, i like it lol. Also the end of the chapter was really cool, I already like the girl!

I just hope they improve the animation as time goes or this will be painful though...
Jul 8, 2022 11:15 PM
Neet Specter

Mar 2022
Crescent is adorable, when Samidare was holding onto him like a stuffed toy, I couldn't help but appreciate his adorableness lol.

I'm surprised Amamiya was able to so easily swear loyalty to Samidare after seeing that little imagery of his trauma from his grandfather, it didn't feel believable that he would easily go along with it if his grandfather's teaching were that of not trusting enemy or friend.

Amamiya using his telekinesis to lift Asahina's skirt was completely unexpected, I didn't think he was going to be a pervert.

Jul 8, 2022 11:40 PM
Oct 2018
Anime is not that bad, it had some oldschool feeling
Jul 9, 2022 12:16 AM
Jan 2018
from the looks of it they had the mindset that this series doesn't have big expectations beside outside of Japan ( they probably don’t even realise) so they went with the cheap option
Jul 9, 2022 12:26 AM

Oct 2010
very good episode, it was very emotional for me cause the manga is in mu heart since 2015, they removed the panty shots but it's ok, it's just panty shots.
The people who complain about animation and stuff are just trolls, in hxh gon punches a ball and it's a still image, people love it, here Sami punches a golem, still image but the watchers complain. Well, people are dumb
Jul 9, 2022 1:04 AM

Jun 2021
Man gains godlike powers with a talking lizard and the first thing he does is flip skirts lmao. Watching Sir Crescent get chucked out the window and repeatedly coming back was pretty hilarious lol. He's a big goof! Asahina/The Princess seems pretty adorable, I like her very cheerful and bubbly personality. Shes a bit wild, but I dig it! and ofc she would be the teacher's kid sister haha.

Amamiya seems to have a lot going on. I'm wondering what that was with his grandpa, he seems to have some inherent mistrust of people. Looking forward to explore that a little more as the show progresses.

Great first ep overall, looks like another weekly.
Jul 9, 2022 1:05 AM
Mar 2012
Shinuki_n_Reborn said:
Man, is so sad that people let themselves be way too influenced by "animation", yes, the animation is super cheap looking, its a fact, but the art is consistent and the story and characters were so entertaining, this was legit a good 1st episode and even with the cheap animation the final part with the speech was GREAT! And seems like is going to be 2 cour, so the adaptation is probably going to be fine storywise.

That's one of the biggest problems with the anime community today, being too much of a sakuga bitch, put some flashy animation in this episode and it would be people left and right praising as the possible AOTS, put some mediocre animation and is suddenly a unwatchable thing, case in point is the abomination that was God of Highschool still having a 7 score here just because of the animation.

Are you seriously arguing that animation does not matter for an anime adaptation? Characters, story, pacing, all of that is already available in the source material.

If the animated adaptation can't add anything to it other than a terrible audiovisual experience, is there any point in watching this over just reading the manga?
Jul 9, 2022 1:20 AM

Jul 2020
Lol I love how there's not a glimpse of surprise on the MC's face when the lizard starts talking. He's just like yeah yeah whatever stfu already.
Jul 9, 2022 3:23 AM
Jun 2022
Animation poor, but as beautiful as the animation for Planet With was its strong point was the characters and plot as oppose to the fights, so despite the animation it’s still a pretty good show, especially with the end of the ep teasing how dark this series will become
Jul 9, 2022 4:17 AM

Dec 2013
Noticeable low production value which is a disappointing since this was one of my favourite manga of all time but at the same time, I still enjoyed it. Yuuhi's attitude towards his new partner was funny and Samidare's recruitment speech at the end gave me chills.
Jul 9, 2022 4:28 AM
Jan 2020
Damn this looks like utter shit, you would've thought this is a passion project if a manga that ended 12 years ago is suddenly getting an adaptation
Jul 9, 2022 5:11 AM
Oct 2012
Correct me if I'm wrong but I kind of remember that at the time that the manga finished (2010), there were news of how Satoshi Mizukami (author) was so sad because the talks about getting an anime adaptation have gone bad and it wouldn't get an anime... maybe they were just rumors o maybe I'm misremembering, but I'm still happy that his manga got an anime adaptation
Jul 9, 2022 5:32 AM
May 2021
Hmmm, I'm glad we're getting an adaptation but god damn is the animation really bad. VAs were ok, but the sound effects, scene changes etc also felt off. Not sure if it's the fault of animation, direction or a combination of those. It's sad to see such a good story get such a bad adaptation. We'll see I guess.
Jul 9, 2022 6:14 AM
Oct 2020
Marinate1016 said:
Ok so this is really interesting to me because the score for this so far is really low, but the manga has a great score and seems to be really well received. Was this a bad adaptation or something? The Op is def ass(visually) but other than that I thought the ep was OK.

Just going to stick with putting the first five minutes side by side with events in the manga. I think it says most of what I want to say about the difference in Yuuhi's character itself.

In the manga the first time Noi returns Yuuhi is stunned by Noi returning, looking between him and where he'd just thrown him. His immediate response is one of confusion for fairly obvious, natural reasons. When Noi keeps trying to tell him what to do he gets pissed and holds him in the air by the tail, stating the following "This is my house which makes you an uninvited guest. You barge into my room then start orderring me around. Don't you have any manners, sir knight?" He then proceeds to hold him up in the air, making it perfectly clear that this is entirely a power play and he's not going to let Noi down until he begs for it. Afterwards he calmly leaves, telling Noi not to follow him or sit on his shoulder to which Noi explains that nobody else can see him.

In the anime, the first time Noi returns Yuuhi backs up against the wall with his arms raised. His immediate response is one of not just shock but a small amount of fear. While he then holds Noi in the same way, rather than forcing his point and having Noi beg to be put down, he throws Noi out the window again. He then freaks out when the same thing as just happened five seconds before happens again and then freaks out when he tries the exact same thing a third time leading to him crashing his bike.

Originally, I was most concerned about the animation, figuring that the story and characters would be kept roughly the same with the author of the manga working on it. That is not what happened and I have to say that I'm genuinely disappointed. My hopes had been sinking but I'd always thought that the writing would be a high point and that this would at least be a fun bit of nostalgia. It was not. The best thing this did was make me reread the manga.

Maybe if I hadn't read the manga I wouldn't be as disappointed as I am. Having read the manga though and having an actual comparrison... This just makes me sad.
Jul 9, 2022 6:14 AM
Oct 2012
dunno to me it was the worst voice acting ive ever heard in the anime and the animation was also close ot mars of destruction :|
Jul 9, 2022 6:23 AM

Jan 2013
Wait why are people hating this? LOL.

I guess the only con of this episode is they skipped Samidares panty shot. To me it was a fine first ep
Jul 9, 2022 7:11 AM
Dec 2013
I'm just glad it's not 3DCGI.
Jul 9, 2022 7:37 AM
Nov 2019
I am ok with average production value if the story is good. I mean even Summertime Rendering is having inconsistent production with good story. As long as it doesn't go down to the level of SDS S3 level animation and skip major contents; I am okay with it. I can judge the animation by watching myself. Now someone please clarify me if they skipped anything important from manga or not (skipping unnecessary fanservice is a plus point for me)
Jul 9, 2022 8:28 AM

Dec 2016
It wasn't in my plan to watch list but still decided to give it a shot cuz I didn't have anything to watch.

So, it's actually quite interesting, I like the plot about that humongous hammer destroying the Earth and especially I find that little princess intriguing since she's planning to destroy the earth instead. Also how could I skip when there's TsudaKen voicing a lizard XD

I Like the OP and ED.
After seeing the ED visuals I was like “Did this studio animate Sabikui Bisco” to think I would be right XD
I guess they didn't have time to think of a different design so they probably decided to go with Sabikui Bisco style since both of them has this biscuit and bisco thing.
Jul 9, 2022 8:51 AM

Mar 2021
Yeah, idk why I expected the animation to be good. I like how they avoided the panty shots still preserving amamiya's personality, that was... nice, I guess. Also I think they already fucked up showing the chains and his reasons to not get involved, it kinda ruins the reveal towards that. Yeah, its not great but its here. And with zero panty shots.
Jul 9, 2022 8:58 AM

Mar 2021
Klad said:
I guess the only con of this episode is they skipped Samidares panty shot. To me it was a fine first ep

That's like, the only thing they did right.
secondshelpJul 9, 2022 7:44 PM
Jul 9, 2022 9:10 AM
Mar 2015
Hail to the Princess and her Lizard Knight
Jul 9, 2022 9:41 AM
Oct 2021
Cute lizard, cute princess. What’s not to like?
Jul 9, 2022 9:42 AM

Feb 2019
DominusStult said:
Marinate1016 said:

Just going to stick with putting the first five minutes side by side with events in the manga. I think it says most of what I want to say about the difference in Yuuhi's character itself.

In the manga the first time Noi returns Yuuhi is stunned by Noi returning, looking between him and where he'd just thrown him. His immediate response is one of confusion for fairly obvious, natural reasons. When Noi keeps trying to tell him what to do he gets pissed and holds him in the air by the tail, stating the following "This is my house which makes you an uninvited guest. You barge into my room then start orderring me around. Don't you have any manners, sir knight?" He then proceeds to hold him up in the air, making it perfectly clear that this is entirely a power play and he's not going to let Noi down until he begs for it. Afterwards he calmly leaves, telling Noi not to follow him or sit on his shoulder to which Noi explains that nobody else can see him.

In the anime, the first time Noi returns Yuuhi backs up against the wall with his arms raised. His immediate response is one of not just shock but a small amount of fear. While he then holds Noi in the same way, rather than forcing his point and having Noi beg to be put down, he throws Noi out the window again. He then freaks out when the same thing as just happened five seconds before happens again and then freaks out when he tries the exact same thing a third time leading to him crashing his bike.

Originally, I was most concerned about the animation, figuring that the story and characters would be kept roughly the same with the author of the manga working on it. That is not what happened and I have to say that I'm genuinely disappointed. My hopes had been sinking but I'd always thought that the writing would be a high point and that this would at least be a fun bit of nostalgia. It was not. The best thing this did was make me reread the manga.

Maybe if I hadn't read the manga I wouldn't be as disappointed as I am. Having read the manga though and having an actual comparrison... This just makes me sad.

Understandable. Basically me with Tate no yuusha
Jul 9, 2022 9:46 AM

Jan 2013
secondshelp said:
Klad said:

That's like, the only thing they did right. what's wrong with you?
… so why are you asking what’s wrong with me again? Are you anti panty shots or something?
Jul 9, 2022 10:41 AM

Jan 2020
secondshelp said:
Klad said:

That's your opinion. Your opinion isn't objectively correct.

They're allowed to like panty shots, and they're allowed to be disappointed that a panty shot was removed from the adaptation.
ShengudJul 9, 2022 10:44 AM
Jul 9, 2022 11:49 AM

Nov 2008
Man.
The character designs sucks. The color palette sucks. The post-processing sucks. The soundtrack absolutely sucks. Even a cheap, rushed adaptation should accidentally be fine in some minor ways, but they really went out of their way here. What is this shit?
Jul 9, 2022 12:02 PM
Jan 2015
Have never read the mange but this production quality is pretty abysmal.
Staying there so far because material itself seems to be pretty interesting, but holy shit...
Jul 9, 2022 12:16 PM

May 2016
I was very disappointed by this first episode. I loved the manga for its energy, dynamic characters and the actions. But this episode had non of it. Even Samidare's punch didn't appear as striking nor did she have that dominating pose when declaring Yuuhi to become his knight.
Yuuhi's dislike of the earth was also not mentioned so his loyalty feels awkward if anything.

The opening doesn't fit the series either. Just a slide show for a show that suppose to be full of badass moments. Meh...
Jul 9, 2022 4:06 PM

Mar 2021
Klad said:
secondshelp said:

… so why are you asking what’s wrong with me again? Are you anti panty shots or something?

Panty shots don't add anything to any story, so i guess you could say i'm against them.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hoshi no Samidare Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 12, 2022

48 by RGreatDanton »»
May 25, 3:43 AM

Poll: » Hoshi no Samidare Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 5, 2022

43 by RGreatDanton »»
May 25, 3:30 AM

Poll: » Hoshi no Samidare Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 29, 2022

30 by RGreatDanton »»
May 25, 3:14 AM

Poll: » Hoshi no Samidare Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 22, 2022

39 by RGreatDanton »»
May 24, 11:27 PM

Poll: » Hoshi no Samidare Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 15, 2022

53 by RGreatDanton »»
May 24, 11:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.