Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 16, 2022 12:55 AM

Feb 2022
I have many friends irl but I rarely talk to them because I'm really busy.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 16, 2022 1:07 AM

Apr 2021
I'm home schooled so the only times I get to talk to people is on Friday's when I have dance lessons. Although I guess I could say I have a lot of friends. They're more like acquaintances though. I have 1 friend that I talk to over tiktok and 2 friends that I occasionally text. I'm not very good at talking anyways, so I don't mind.

so including acquaintances I have like 20 friends.
Mar 16, 2022 1:08 AM

Feb 2020
I have a lot of friends, but nowadays I don't see them so often.
Mar 16, 2022 1:14 AM

Feb 2020
I have no friends IRL. A lot of it was due to my life situation - illness, left school, plus there was concerns for my safety, so my family would constantly move around our various homes of the UK to escape the care orders on me. I have had friends at times though, but yeah... as soon as I moved again I lost them.

I have Online friends that I've known for long enough to consider friends, but have never met them.
Mar 16, 2022 1:16 AM
Grave of Flowers

Dec 2012
Friends as in people I can contact at any time to go out drinking and shit, yes.

Do I? No. So technically it's as if I don't have friends simply because I do not enjoy engaging in the norms like drinking and stuff, which honestly is all they ever do
┍━━━━»•» «•«━━━━┑

🎖️ mal badges
🏠 blog navigation
🏆 graph badges

┕━━━━»•» ☠️ «•«━━━━┙
Mar 16, 2022 1:39 AM

Dec 2020
Not much. Around 10 friends. A lot more acquaintances though.
Mar 16, 2022 1:44 AM

Dec 2018
i do have a lot of friends, but i barely talk to them. maybe 2-4 on a regular basis, plus it's draining sometimes
*burps*  [font="\"Proxima Nova Regular\", \"Helvetica Neue\", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif"][/font]
Mar 16, 2022 1:44 AM

Dec 2018
i do have a lot of friends, but i barely talk to them. maybe 2-4 on a regular basis, plus it's draining sometimes
*burps*  [font="\"Proxima Nova Regular\", \"Helvetica Neue\", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif"][/font]
Mar 16, 2022 10:53 AM

Dec 2015
Someone already asked that at forum games so I categorise friends on few levels of "where are they from" instead of saying a proper words for it (in polish we have just different words for each type of knowing which are not in english to put it simplier)

In some I will say "around" as it is hard to suddenly remind with whom I usually write/talk/hang out daily to monthly times
My best friends: 3
My crew of closer friends: around 15
Buddies from my home town and neighbour towns/villages: around 300-400
Buddies from my previous university: around 5-10
Buddies from my current university: 15-20
Buddies/Acquintance from bars/concerts/night clubs/sports clubs/other: around 50-60
And also people whom I met cause of my ex including her in stats too: around 5-10
Mar 16, 2022 11:00 AM

Oct 2012
I have two best friends from childhood/teenage, but I don't see them anymore because they live far away now and we're all busy.
If life ain't just a joke
Then why are we laughing?

If life ain't just a joke
Then why am I dead?
Mar 16, 2022 11:03 AM

Jan 2022
Blood Brother/Sister = 0
Best Friends = 2
Childhood Besties = 1
Friends = 8
Associate Friends = 12
Acquaintances = 80

However even within all that, spanning the past 40 of my 43.9 years I normally only get to chat on Discord with (since I left all social media in Oct 2019 disgusted with how 97% of humanity operates on FB and other platforms) about 18 people. Recently I joined here on MAL and CHOP IT UP wirh random folks that possible in time will make the "Associate Friends" or *Friends* level. I see those I can offline as often as possible but apple's schedules rarely are compatible.
Mar 16, 2022 11:04 AM

Mar 2021
Not really. I have a few people at work and school I talk to sometimes, but not really anyone I'd say I'm very close to.
"Molly Ringwald" out right now - check my Linktree!

Mar 16, 2022 11:24 AM

Jun 2017
Some acquaintances, lost all my childhood friends due to moving in conjuction with some phone number change since I didn't memorize their phone numbers and never made another friend irl after that.
Mar 16, 2022 11:34 AM
Jul 2018
i like to ignore friends so i can post here more intellectually stimulating
Mar 16, 2022 12:03 PM

Aug 2014
I used to have lots of IRL friends...but now, I only have online friends.
Mar 16, 2022 1:22 PM
Jul 2018
Not really.
I think most adults don't have many real friends, mainly because you recognize the difference between friends and some people you know and like, and because you rather want to spend time with the close ones you have.
I have a handful of very close ones and some people I like and see sometimes.
Mar 16, 2022 1:33 PM

Apr 2020
Nope I use to when I was younger in highschool, but mainly it's just me & my boyfriend. We have things in common & like traveling so it works out.
“You flounder through life, struggling desperately so you won't drown, even though you would float if you'd just relax.”
Mar 16, 2022 2:49 PM

Feb 2021
Maybe like 1 that actively talks with me but he's a family friend I've known since I was younger, that's about it. I've never been able to maintain friendships for more than 3 months
Mar 16, 2022 3:16 PM

Mar 2008
I only have friends online but even that has dwindled to where I dont really have anyone I feel I can fully confide in on everything. I've moved several times and have a helicopter mother that made me feel like I cant have friends without her interference and I haven't wanted to contact people where I live because I didnt want tied down here and havent met anyone caitching my interest but have started feeling like I dont know if Id ever want to be close to anyone new emotionally ever again...yet it doesnt stop me feeling lonely.
Mar 16, 2022 3:48 PM

Mar 2016
Nope. And I'm okay with that. I don't need too many people in my life. I mean if they dropped into my lap I wouldn't say no, but that's not how relationships work. Forming relationships needs...*shudders*... effort. And that's more than I'm willing to give.

Serafos said:
I have a lot of friends, but nowadays I don't see them so often.

Shame. That's just life I guess. We gradually grow apart.

traed said:
I only have friends online but even that has dwindled to where I dont really have anyone I feel I can fully confide in on everything. I've moved several times and have a helicopter mother that made me feel like I cant have friends without her interference and I haven't wanted to contact people where I live because I didnt want tied down here and havent met anyone caitching my interest but have started feeling like I dont know if Id ever want to be close to anyone new emotionally ever again...yet it doesnt stop me feeling lonely.

Damn. Sorry to hear that. Just the worthless advice of a totally random stranger on the internet who knows nothing about you, but you might want to consider actively reaching out to people. It's too easy to summarize them as uninteresting if you look at them from afar. And even if they turn out to be uninteresting in themselves, your interactions with them can be very worthwhile.
Mar 16, 2022 6:21 PM

Feb 2017
i havent had irl friends since i became a neet, which was a really long time ago now. i really want some though.
Mar 16, 2022 10:05 PM

Jan 2020
I have a lot. I try my best to stay on good terms with all of them and nothing significantly bad has happened yet

Mar 16, 2022 10:20 PM

Jun 2021
3miL said:
Friends as in people I can contact at any time to go out drinking and shit, yes.

Do I? No. So technically it's as if I don't have friends simply because I do not enjoy engaging in the norms like drinking and stuff, which honestly is all they ever do

this sounds really presumptuous, you know drinking isn't the norm right? and you know that when you hang out with them you dont have to do everything they do right?
Mar 16, 2022 10:24 PM
Grave of Flowers

Dec 2012
avertexpert said:
3miL said:

this sounds really presumptuous, you know drinking isn't the norm right? and you know that when you hang out with them you dont have to do everything they do right?

Just as presumptuous as your answer.

Do you know how people behave here?

Do you know how people act at times when you do not do what they don't?

Do you know, in particular, how frequent these cases may be in places where I am?

Did it ever occur to you that I was speaking generally?
┍━━━━»•» «•«━━━━┑

🎖️ mal badges
🏠 blog navigation
🏆 graph badges

┕━━━━»•» ☠️ «•«━━━━┙
Mar 16, 2022 10:26 PM

Apr 2015
None, been that way for about five years now and it doesn't bother me one bit.
"Well, she's flatter than a pancake"
-Mimi Alpacas
"Woof"
-Tobiichi Origami 
"Are you trying to turn the dormitory into a strip club!?!
-Atena Saotome 
Mar 16, 2022 11:08 PM

Nov 2008
troilus_05s said:

Lol, calling ten not much.

I have zero.

Mar 16, 2022 11:09 PM

Jun 2020
If I can call my classmates "friends" then maybe yes
Mar 16, 2022 11:11 PM

Dec 2020
Ezekiel said:
troilus_05s said:

Lol, calling ten not much.

Yeah lol. But tbh, I haven't even talked to like 5/6 of those for over 2 years. I have only kept contact with 3/4 and that too just for the past few months.
Mar 16, 2022 11:31 PM

Feb 2019
I don't have any irl friends. (i actually never had any friends)
Sakuta002766Mar 16, 2022 11:34 PM
Mar 16, 2022 11:42 PM

Aug 2020
No not really. I have enough though, they're all I need.

「 𝕂𝕖𝕪 𝕥𝕙𝕒𝕥 𝕙𝕚𝕕𝕖𝕤 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕔𝕖𝕤 𝕠𝕗 𝕕𝕒𝕣𝕜𝕟𝕖𝕤𝕤, 𝕤𝕙𝕠𝕨 𝕞𝕖 𝕪𝕠𝕦𝕣 𝕥𝕣𝕦𝕖 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕞 」

Mar 17, 2022 12:07 AM
Dragon Idol

May 2017
No, but quality over quantity. I learned that the hard way a bunch of years ago. It's better to have 5 friends you can almost trust your life with, than to have 20 who'll stab you from behind when you need someone to catch you.
Mar 17, 2022 12:27 AM

Jul 2020
i have few friends but i havent talked to them that much since the pandemic although online we play and talk sometimes
Mar 17, 2022 2:27 AM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
I have a good number of really good friends. Like you, Hayyyy, I rarely talk to them. Some of it is because I'm busy, but a part of it is because I only really like calling and my friends are more the texting/instant messaging type. I tell them not to text so I end up not seeing or hearing from them for months or years. However, our feelings are true. Whenever we finally do meet up it's like we were never apart.

Sometimes they forget (or don't get it) and text me anyway. Since I love my friends, I at least try to text back. However, I will inevitably get sick of it and stop texting or just start responding after some days, months, or years have gone by (pretty much whenever I feel like it). Or I'll secretly hope that they'll get bored and stop responding.

It takes some patience to deal with me as a friend, so I really do appreciate those who do. Aside from the inconsistent communication on my part, I do put a lot of effort into the friendship in other ways. It seems like that effort is usually appreciated.
Anyway, these are the folks I usually give the title of "friend". There's a rung of people beneath them on the hierarchy of familiarity. The only thing preventing them from being higher is that I don't call someone a friend until they call me a friend. There are a loooot of people on that rung.

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Mar 17, 2022 3:35 AM

Mar 2021
Like many if you I am the reason for the distance with my old friend groups. Since I was the one who preferred to stay at home and declined invitations to go out more and more. I would decline invitations to the club, to go abroad on holiday and even to weddings. I only accepted invites to double dates and birthday parties or dinners. People at work would try to be friends and I would just not answers when they call and keep it to hi and bye whenever I see them. If they ask me if I’m okay I just say yeah or say I’m just getting by it whatever. I prefer to have online friends because you can engage and disengage whenever you want and they can’t invite you to go to places and do things that you don’t really want to bother with.

I lost all my female friends too because of my on-again off-again fiancée being jealous and controlling. I have been careful not to make any new friends with females irl because of the mayhem that would cause since on-again off-again fiancée is convinced that they will try to take me away from her. I saw the way that she cut off one of her very close friends since she was in secondary school after she tried to tickle me in our bedroom when she came to visit one time.

The good thing about male friends is that we can always pick up from where we left off so anytime I do talk to them it’s all good. Most of my irl guy friends have a longterm partner or wife and kids. I can think of 5 or 6 of them right now. For a few years now it’s been my on-again off-again fiancée that’s really my close friend and confidant. But I can’t talk to her about everything so places like MAL are essential too.

GenshinRosariaMar 17, 2022 3:40 AM
Mar 17, 2022 4:55 AM

Dec 2021
I'll say I have two irl friends: One I text and talk to regularly and one that I see very occasionally but enjoy being around (I won't count 'family friends' or family in general).

Two's probably a good number of irl friends to have for me. I find socializing a bit exhausting. I don't know if I could handle more.

Sometimes I wish I had more of a social life and more irl friends though. I feel like I should at the age I am. I don't really interact much with society. Maybe having more irl friends could spice up my life a bit. But I know how exhausting it would be for me. It's a bit of a dilemma for me...
Mar 17, 2022 5:20 AM

May 2021
I have a few friends, I don't think a few are loyal so if we take them out, I have four or five friends I talk to regularly. Other than that, I have acquaintances that I say hi to every now and again.
Mar 17, 2022 8:08 PM
Aug 2019
I have acquittances no friends though
Mar 17, 2022 11:54 PM

Sep 2019
i have only 30 or so friends most of them dont speak to me anymore just a friendly hello an stuff i have only hang out with three of my main main friends
Mar 18, 2022 2:55 AM

Oct 2008
I have one friend, but because our best friend died last year. I don't want to interact with her. I'll probably regret it, but I'm feeling like it'll be troublesome, awkward and rebuilding a house without furniture and electricity is to time consuming.
Not like I don't have time for friendship. But I'd rather wait for a spontaneous one that may not happen. Rather than one I feel I won't appreciate after what happened.
Mar 18, 2022 11:38 PM

Jun 2017
Nope but still have 2 from school so its cool
have a nice day
Mar 19, 2022 12:18 AM

Oct 2021
Yea i do have friends irl who i can talk to and relate to. They are amazing people to be with. 😁
Mar 19, 2022 5:19 AM

Aug 2021
Exactly 3 the same friends since I started highschool. But I don't even have time to see them often. It was hard to make friends in school but it's even harder to when you finish it. Or maybe in just not looking in the right places. I ocasionally hang up with like friends of the friends or people from work but that's it. I even lost all my internet friends lately. So that's why I spend free time on mal forum and talk to myself I guess lol

pigeons on the roof
watching a wintry landscape
always seem hungry

Mar 19, 2022 6:21 AM
Oct 2020
i actually have many times zero friends
Mar 19, 2022 1:34 PM
Jul 2018
I get along with most people and would hangout with like half of them, but true friends I'd only consider a handful. And even then there's only a small fraction that puts back effort for a friendship.
Mar 20, 2022 3:31 AM

Dec 2020
No...I don't....better that way for me than having one...I don't put any effort in making one nor am I interested....

-set by Araberu
◇─◇──◇─◇
♚Collection
♚Anime List
♚Manga list

◇─◇──◇─◇
Mar 20, 2022 3:46 AM
Jul 2018
I have few friends, they are reliable despite of being few.
Mar 20, 2022 3:50 AM

Oct 2020
I have a couple of friends. They're fun to hang around with
Mar 20, 2022 4:38 AM

Oct 2020
Depends on what we count as "many", I have a friend group of 7 people but if we're counting all the friends ik irl, then it's more than 20 or so but I don't talk to half of them because
-either they live in the other side of the city (important: and I cba to visit them for reasons)
-lack of time in general
-I'm am ambivert, in the sense I'm the middle ground b.w and introvert and extrovert, I'd rather they call me or smtg, I rarely start a conversation/topic, etc. , and generally I'm very shy.
Mar 20, 2022 9:22 AM

Jul 2014
Literally none. Most of my interactions with people are online. It's hard to find people I can connect with irl especially now that I am out of school.
Mar 20, 2022 10:31 AM

Jul 2021
I cant tell they're really my friends or not, for me they are temporary friends and replaced within 3-6 year. when at home I am complete a friendless loner even dont have online friends to talk.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Moving to Anilist

AngelMilky_15 - Jun 10

19 by AdamBirch »»
59 seconds ago

» Ladies of mal, how do you feel about random compliment text messages?

TheBlockernator - Yesterday

7 by MalchikRepaid »»
6 minutes ago

» Favorite places in the EU you have visited, and where in the EU would you like to go next

KiraraFan - Yesterday

3 by Zettaiken »»
8 minutes ago

» Why isn't Israel and the USA in the British Commonwealth?

vasipi4946 - Yesterday

11 by MalchikRepaid »»
8 minutes ago

» How old were you when your birthday stopped being special to you?

Jomfrey - 5 hours ago

15 by Spunkert »»
14 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.