Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 »
May 12, 2021 12:57 AM
Jun 2020
very confused. i guess we have to wait for the special. however, i'm getting a feeling that some high up screwed up the production process for this series and the story went straight to shit. so much potential wasted.
there are four sides to every story.
if these walls could talk,
they probably still ignore me.
May 29, 2021 2:45 PM

Oct 2013
yeah... I'm gonna reserve judgments until that final episode, but this one certainly confused me. Which Ai got their eye yoinked by the insectoid abomination? and I think this episode was drawing a parallel between why Koito KYSed and why alt-universe Ai KYSed, but did sensei really tell these girls to die before they reach maturity so their "innocent love" doesn't become tainted? wtf.

I think I understand what happened, but something doesn't add up. I'm missing the critical information.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
May 29, 2021 2:56 PM
Nov 2019
JPBD Vol.2 came out this week and has Episodes 5-9 on (including the recap they stuck in for episode 8). I've not spotted any changes on JPBD Ep 1-9 to what was screened.

So Vol.3 will have Vols-10,11,12 + the missing episode.

Finale has been confirmed as a double length episode - so hopefully they'll finish it properly.
penrhosJun 8, 2021 9:39 AM
Jun 8, 2021 8:48 AM
Oct 2019
Damn no you can't end like that...
Nooo...

This Anime is so unique in so many aspects, how they handle the fight, the villain design, also they tackle a lot of social issue that is so relatable in our society right now.
Definitely learning so many social things from this Anime.

8/10
Waiting for the Special Conclusion Episode on June 30.
Jun 16, 2021 2:21 AM

Apr 2014
The more I think about this episode, the more it bothers me. The upcoming special has a lot to answer for, and I think regardless of how well it does that, the sci-fi stuff was a bad and unnecessary idea that only detracts from the story
Jun 18, 2021 7:36 AM

Aug 2014
It becomes the creative idea and address suicide to wonder woke priority where they just have to go with pedos, actions, bad Sci-Fi, rape.
Like lmao, it's fine to address suicide and the cause but they just really have to mix everything in it aren't they?
Jun 21, 2021 5:57 AM

Jul 2011
Really meh, a lot of potential wasted
Jul 12, 2021 1:56 PM

Aug 2018
oof!
This here anime done did go down a steep hill, it did!

Still a good watch if you aren't easily offended and don't ask questions...
I think I don't know wtf I'm doing. Maybe. Probably.

Jul 17, 2021 4:15 PM

Jul 2015
Seems like Ai's problem is sort of resolved altough I'm still heavily confused what the hell is going on with the parallel world stuff and Frill. This started out very promising with its stunning visuals and intriguing plot involving some heavy topics (altough most wasn't really delved too deep into). But I'm really disappointed that it ended so disastrous with what felt like the middle of the story as many things are left unresolved, this definitely needed more than 12 episodes. I don't think the special can give a proper end but hopefully still resolve some important plot threads.

Aug 11, 2021 7:03 AM

May 2020
I'm not sure how I'm supposed to feel about this show. It's far from perfect but I can't hate it. The production values are great and I do like the characters quite a bit.

I don't think this show is very confusing barring some symbolism that I've probably missed. I guess I get what this show is trying to go for but I think its execution is probably its biggest problem. I feel like going deep into the themes would've served this show better.

Onto the special !!
Aug 23, 2021 2:43 PM
Feb 2020
NachoCheese0531 said:
Grey8786 said:

now i haven't watched lain, but i think you've opened a massive can of worms by saying that
Nah ppl know Haibane Renmei was better. I mean Lain my n2 but Haibane my strong n1

very late update, i watched lain and yeah ur absolutely full of shit no matter how much u praise wonder egg
Sep 12, 2021 4:26 AM

Aug 2018
Support no matter what person will choose, hm..
Overall, anime was great.. Not every day you watch anime with more serious topics, like the suicide.. And people having all kinds of feelings towards it..
Sep 28, 2021 9:44 PM

Jul 2016
SouthRzVa said:
So parallel worlds are a thing in this show and Sawaki-sensei might actually be a creep borderline pedo in at least one of them, huh?

Overall, pretty nice retrospective episode for Ai's character. Not gonna lie tho... the way in how parallel worlds were introduced just to give Ai a way to confront her conflicting feelings was kinda... too much/super lazy but in the end, the final execution wasn't really that bad in my opinion. Not to mention it was quite nice to see how much Ai has grown since episode 1. Though it's still quite sad how her alternative self died because her teacher sweet-talked her into committing suicide at young age just to remain "pure" before his eyes.

This said, last episode will be aired on June 30th and there are still a few plot-points left to cover. Let's hope the show can stick the landing in one piece.

"8/10" - Tentative score for now. May get lower if the whole deal with Frill isn't solved in a satisfactory manner.

UPDATE - SEPTEMBER 29, 2021 (After having watched the Special Final Episode)

Sadly, this project ended up being way too ambitious for its own good.
Last episode was half summary, half 20 minutes of practically nothing. There was no conclusion nor any real intention of giving one to the story or its characters. A real shame.

Final Scores:
>Anime Series (From Ep.1 to Ep.12) - 7/10

>Special Final Episode (Ep.13) - 1/10
Oct 5, 2021 7:09 AM
Jul 2018
Well I did not find exactly disappointed like others with these last string of episodes as I already given up with this show after seeing a recap episode and the show was seem to lack focus to begin with as it felt watching two or three different shows' premise mashed together.

But still overall the show wasn't exactly average experience and would go as to far say well worth watching as I really loved the highs and creativity it was going for (particularly the first half) and even during these last episodes had my attention and enjoyed few twists here and there like this episode reminds me of perfect blue and it almost worked but I wasn't too fan of majority of the reveals.
Oct 10, 2021 11:48 AM

Jul 2021
Well, that wasn't as bad as everyone has made it out to be. Whilst I will say I am disappointed with this ending, it wasn't god awful or anything. I'm mainly just disappointed it just didn't tie any of the loose ends. If anything, it feels like there wasn't any ending at all. Also just kinda confusing, I think the best way to describe it is lazy.
Oct 11, 2021 1:29 AM

Apr 2019
This is the worst anime I've ever seen. Trash development; ridiculous plot; sick things; a bunch of characters with little depth; and a lot more shit.

The hard part will be forgetting that I watched this shit. I dropped it in episode 1 once, if I knew it was going to be so rubbish I would never have watched it again.

If anyone comes to talk to me about this anime junk, I'll just ignore it. I hope to forget that I saw this.
Oct 23, 2021 9:54 AM

Aug 2017
This episode concluded Ai's character for the most part. We still need to deal with the AI. I was going to give this anime a low score but the last 3 episodes were pretty good. It wasn't as bad as everyone has made it out to be. 7/10 for the anime.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Oct 29, 2021 1:39 PM
Apr 2021
This show was a trip from the start. I believe the most important theme from the show is to learn to be comfortable on your own. No one knows your struggles and no one can help you as much as yourself. And that is fine, you become stronger that way and learn to appreciate yourself more. I loved the girls so much and wish anyone who struggles with loneliness hope. Hope that this isn't it. Past this dark stage there will be light. The world is filled with beauty for you yet to discover. I only wish I could help more concretely but for now, I am just one among billions who are cheering for you, praying for you.
Dec 4, 2021 1:07 PM

Oct 2013
So there is also a parallel world where Ai couldn't recover from her problems and commited suicide. :(

Quite underwhelming ending, to be honest. It left the viewer with too many unsolved elements.

This anime was fun to watch. Its plot felt fresh, but it was just okay. Characters were likeable, but I think there should have been more details revealed about them.

What I really liked about this show were those beautiful colors and artistic approach to all elements appearing in it.
Dec 16, 2021 10:23 AM
Oct 2008
I liked that second Ai had Lain hairclip. Shows are similar in matter of question "Who i am". 8/10 because of too chaotic ending of season.
GagarinDec 16, 2021 10:38 AM
Jan 3, 2022 3:25 AM

Jan 2013
wonder egg priority? more like rotten egg subservience because this show was an utter waste of time with no redeeming qualities whatsoever. i hated every aspect of it starting from the music to the dimwit characters and pretentious story that was neither here nor there. even diarrhea caused by bad egg salmonella would be more enjoyable than this 1/10 anime.
Feb 23, 2022 11:10 AM

Dec 2020
OMG! Just as I said in first episode-

"Seriously, if a show does out of the blue thing it needs to execute it well. For first episode it's good and forgivable but later on I can see it not doing well. Remember akudama drive.

Shows like this start in a uncommon but astonishing way. However, in the end becomes so predictable or dues ex machina'd their ending and come out as a mess."

2/10. Special is 1/10 but I ain't watching more nonsense shit.
May 3, 2022 3:15 AM

Nov 2012
Its sad how it went from 200 to 1000, it is a good show, but they fucked up by ending it with an special that gives a proper end.

My Candies:

Jun 8, 2022 12:10 PM

Mar 2013
I was hoping for more and it feels like the story has yet to end (I doubt I can get more from the special). There's no such thing as a cliffhanger in this episode huh...
I am glad Ai finally managed to overcome some of her troubles but that parallel world things is... lol... Seriously?! I guess Neiru's pet hasn't been killed yet by those ugly or incomplete creations... There's so much that are yet to be explained so... Sigh...
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Jul 28, 2022 5:59 AM

Jul 2021
Sawaki monster really said "Art is an explosion" LOL, Deidara would be very happy.

I don't understand what's with this fake friend shit now.

We see what would have become of Ai had she not been befriended by Koito.

But tf is this ending, where is the "chuzuku." I know there's a special episode so it's okay but fuck I would have lost it if this is what I've gotten for an ending while watching this weekly.

Pretty good episode in any case. On to the special episode.

Gonna rate this 8/10.
TsutanaiFuunJul 28, 2022 6:03 AM

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Aug 6, 2022 12:01 PM

Jul 2012
I really don't know why people say this ending sucked, it kind of sucked since the beginning. It only got interesting from the late episodes. I knew their friends weren't going to come back from the dead, that much was obvious. It would make more sense if all the girls they were 'saving' or defending were clones made of AI. Hell, I even expect Ai's 'parallel' self to be made AI like Frill. It only makes more sense, since Acca and Ura-Acca are trying to study suicide or whatever.

On the topic of suicide:

I hope there's more action/adventure in the next season and less mopey, abused girls. Felt like I was watching misery pron at some point. Needs to be like Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica or something, like pick up the pace.

mitsumi iwakura

deliveries
awc mrc
set by titanween
Aug 28, 2022 12:37 PM
Nov 2013
I thought the people the four girls were trying to bring back weren't actually going to come back to life. I mean wouldn't it be weird for everyone to know you are dead only to come back like nothing happened? I'm guessing a better solution is that they would be reincarnated.
Aug 28, 2022 10:56 PM

Oct 2013

Na come on, an anime original don't have the right to have a mediocre ending like this (well yes the series was always kinda meh for me...)

Should have seen it coming when they presented Frill 2 episodes before the end tho

Also in the theme I just learnt Amazon was doing a live action movie of Paprika OOF
TitadouAug 28, 2022 11:06 PM
Oct 2, 2022 1:18 PM
Oct 2022
este es mi anime favorito, espero la segunda tenporada (por favor, que haya)
Oct 16, 2022 2:47 AM
Jul 2021
What were they thinking? This is the most confusing show with a mixed message.
Dec 4, 2022 10:53 PM
Dec 2018
The ending was SO bad.
Dec 14, 2022 8:20 PM

Jun 2007
So I haven't seen Ep 13 yet but man why oh why.

It began as a show that tackles suicides of girls (because for some reason fuck off boys).
Their problems prior to their suicide manifests as a monster that has to be beaten.
These problems come in various forms, bullying, molestation, rape... and I can deal with that.
Those are real problems people, especially younger viewers can identify with.

But then we took a turn.
We somehow ended up with a rogue AI murdering people and creating its own henchmen.
And all of that in the last 2 1/4 episodes.
But hey parallel dimensions are a thing too.

I wouldn't be surprised if Ep 13 has some space federation show up to lend their support.

I can't give this show a bad rating because the last 2 1/4 episodes were "wtf".
Jan 25, 2023 7:52 PM
Mar 2021
This whole show started amazing I just feel like it kept getting worse and worse until it wasn't horrible, just disappointing from where it started from.
Feb 15, 2023 1:47 AM
Jan 2021
confusing and anticlimactic
Mar 18, 2023 9:29 AM
munchmunch

Aug 2019
lmao wtf this is like the most rushed ending i've ever seen ????? this just looks like they're teasing a season 2 with how it ended but apparently it's final? whew

Mar 27, 2023 1:14 AM
May 2015
eh, plot twist was weird idk
Mar 28, 2023 2:26 PM
May 2021
It was way too ambitious but a decent ending either way.
Apr 2, 2023 6:20 AM
Jul 2020
It really took me so long to watch this show. It kept on showing on my socmed feed. So i gave it a try. And this really gave me angel beats and takt op. destiny which im not done with yet haha. The backstories are same with how it's done in angel beats but like takt op. destiny i had a hard time maybe with lots of its imagery which is sad that i cant relate much. But i can tell that i really enjoyed it, but not that satisfied of how it ended. I'm still hoping to get enlightened with how should i take this show.
Apr 10, 2023 2:12 AM
Oct 2022
le multiverse can't wait
May 8, 2023 7:05 AM

Dec 2022
This was alright, but although Ai now has closure both for Koito's death and her mother dating her teacher, the plot as a whole still feels unresolved. Plus, Neiru still hasn't completed her own mission.
May 18, 2023 6:16 PM
Sep 2021
wtf is this shit 
May 23, 2023 9:16 PM
Apr 2016
shit had me bawlin
10/10
May 31, 2023 2:54 PM
Jan 2021
They just... Fucked iyt up at the home stretch
May 31, 2023 4:51 PM

Jan 2013
That was ... abrupt and an anticlimactic ending.

The anime deals with harassment, neglect, sexual abuse, self harm, suicide ... etc
I feel like the anime could've dealt with them a bit better, I do appreciate it tackled them though.

And then it completely switches gears and goes full on sci-fi in the later half, which wasn't too bad, I actually really liked it but it does feel like a completely different anime.
On one hand we have the first half being reminiscent of Madoka, people dealing with their trauma's / inner sruggles etc and then to explain all the inner workings of their Egg world with a lot of sci-fi / A.I. and futuristic technology was an odd choice.

That said it was a really interesting and visually pleasing anime, characters were great honestly, I think they did a great job with their own personal struggles.
8/10 from me, I wonder if episode 13 can conclude this anime properly.

*Off note - "Aikawa, Kanata" did a fantastic job voice acting Ohto as basically her first character.
Jun 22, 2023 7:26 AM
Jan 2021
kinda mid at the end
Jul 9, 2023 5:03 AM

Dec 2013
I don't like this ep at all. Geez.

Anyway, there's already a special released at the time of writing this comment so I will watch it now.

★━━─
𝘏𝘰𝘸 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘐 𝘣𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘱𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘺 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵?
𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘐 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘥𝘢𝘺?

Jul 16, 2023 12:28 AM
Feb 2020
If this wasn't the ending you would take ten but now you are nine ..there is a lot missing I can't believe that this is the ending of a fantastic anime
Jul 16, 2023 3:39 AM
Jan 2023
Stark700 said:
Pretty sure it's the finale but from what I understand, the staff was working on a time restraint for this show.

In other words, it shouldn't be that surprising the season finale gets confusing.

Na moral véi esse anime é muito bom mesmo esse anime adorei gostaria de uma terceira temporada bastante entendeu muito top velho amei❤❤❤❤❤
Jul 25, 2023 10:09 PM
Dec 2017
Es de las series que aparecieeron en 2020 que revoluciono lo que es la animacion en el anime, trata temas fuertes pero lo hace de una forma tan maravillosa que aplaudo al crreador de semejante obra, lastima que no haya sido tan popular como otras pero de que es una joya lo es
Aug 5, 2023 7:30 PM

Nov 2020
What a disappointment. It had great production value and a very nice imaginative art style. I'm honestly mad, such a waste.
Pages (9) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 »

More topics from this board

» 2nd season ?

Aritra_Choudhuri - May 11, 2022

23 by Kizuki01 »»
May 20, 9:27 PM

Poll: » Wonder Egg Priority Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ashhk - Mar 23, 2021

302 by Kizuki01 »»
May 19, 10:58 PM

Poll: » Wonder Egg Priority Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Mar 16, 2021

364 by Kizuki01 »»
May 19, 9:36 PM

Poll: » Wonder Egg Priority Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

removed-user - Mar 9, 2021

170 by Kizuki01 »»
May 19, 8:23 PM

Poll: » Wonder Egg Priority Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

LittleLucky - Mar 2, 2021

211 by Kizuki01 »»
May 19, 7:41 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.