Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 16, 2021 8:28 AM

Jul 2017
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That's a stylish and girlish look for Momoe, dressing like how a girl should...in a dream date while stiil looking like a tomboy. Sad that it never went far though.

Unsurprisingly, the cat is outta the bag for Acca and Ura-Acca, and that isn't even as such to Neiru who already knows what's going on.

Going back to Momoe about the whole sexual harassment issue, and just like Episode 4, the exact same situation is played out with anoher girl, but as compared to that episode, Momoe has largely changed for the better...and she's the first girl to break the curse of stoned friends.

But when it comes to Ai with Sawaki-sensei, the line between protecting friends and hidden jealousy is unclear, and she takes another step to confirm the relationship between him and her mother. The lure with her friend Koito still stands...

The overwhelming fear of death with someone named Frill...that's the price to pay with the plans going off-course.
Can't these girls get anymore broken enough?
Mar 16, 2021 8:28 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Neiru and Momoe looked great like that.

So Momoe had a date but the boy thought that she was a boy too :/ and apparently she "completed the game" and her friend revived but it seems like it's not going well for her at all, the scene where she threw up etc was really sad to watch.

Acca and Ura-Acca are human with the same brain as before but they lost their body...? interesting, it was nice to see a picture of them when they had their human body

And also interesting development between Ai and Sawaki sensei, she asked him why Koito died but they cut the scene and we don't know what he replied... I don't want to wait xD I really want to know if he's related to her death or not, this anime makes me stress too much, don't know if it's a good thing or not though.

I'm definitely looking forward to seeing the next episode, things are becoming more and more interesting and it definitely seems like we'll reach or reached the climax.
AshhkMar 16, 2021 8:33 AM
Mar 16, 2021 8:36 AM

Jun 2019
This episode was mainly focused on Sawaki Momoe. Felt bad for Momoe for being judged by her appearance like that. And the boy Kaoru as well. They had their moment there. That was cute.
Neiru changed her look in this episode. Also, we found out that Acca and Ura-Acca were humans once but they have abandoned their bodies.
That ending was really disturbing.
Mar 16, 2021 8:42 AM

Apr 2012
So, is Momoe canonically straight or at least bi? Or are the authors again giving more questions than answers?

@KANLen09 Well, I would say that she looks more like a childhood friend of "one of the boys" type, as if it were your typical romcom.
RobertBobertMar 16, 2021 8:45 AM
Mar 16, 2021 8:42 AM

Mar 2019
Momo got asked out for a date by a boy for the first time huh? Well somehow I really feel bad for the guy as well...he just thought she would be a guy...

But can you really win "the game"...Momo won it according to those you but did she really win in the end? Dunno...so many creepy things this episode- starting from Acca and U-acca until the end where Momo was forced to eat the croc...
Mar 16, 2021 8:45 AM

Jan 2015
What the actual fuck was that ending LMAO

KnY’s author Gotouge on suicide watch after that
Mar 16, 2021 8:51 AM

Apr 2014
It's got darker and darker. And, Madoka's vibe also got stronger.
That kendo sensei is a real scum.
I really feel bad for Momoe when someone mistook her as a boy. Finally, someone was recognized her as a girl, maybe that's the reason why she can able to clear her games. But does her games really clear???
The butterfly-headed creature at the end is so creepy and disgusting.

Farewell, Panic the crocodile..... 😭😭😭
何それ?意味分かんない
Mar 16, 2021 8:59 AM

Jan 2009
Momo mistaken for a boy always but damn she is beautiful they are all blind
that girl she saved was mistaken for a girl when she got a heart of a boy (transsexual) and she got raped and got pregnant eh

damn Momo is the first to clear the game but she cannot sleep now since she might fight again that monster that is trying to kill her? it already killed her pet Panic

we might learn the reason why Koito died next week too
Mar 16, 2021 8:59 AM

Jan 2019
wow a trans person in an anime that isnt played for laughs, never thought id see the day

great episode imo, i hope momoe is ok 😭
Mar 16, 2021 9:02 AM

Oct 2017
I feel bad for Momoe and the other girl/boy too. Thou that kiss was sweet.

Damn the last part was messed up. That thing killed Panic and fed it to Momoe, wth man. Also Thanatos, Eros part was interesting. Seems like we are finally gonna get to know the true motives of Acca and Ura Acca.
MegamiRemMar 22, 2021 7:11 AM
Mar 16, 2021 9:05 AM

Apr 2012
revxdd said:
wow a trans person in an anime that isnt played for laughs, never thought id see the day

https://myanimelist.net/anime/8426/Hourou_Musuko?q=musu&cat=anime

https://myanimelist.net/anime/37972/Hoshiai_no_Sora?q=stars&cat=anime
Mar 16, 2021 9:08 AM

Jan 2014
JFC. That's a lot to taken in for sure. Though surprised how last week's end reveal just felt like it had been swept under the rug as if it was nothing to get too concerned about. Or least in a sense, that's what it felt like.

As for rest of the episode, very impactful, and now I'm just sad for Momoe and Panic :c Also felt very uneasy at the painting scene.
Mar 16, 2021 9:09 AM

Sep 2012
This episode was great. Maybe Im strange but I like, where is this anime going. End of episode was sick, I feel bad for Momoe. I feel like there were meant to win with their trauma and at the end destroy God of Death, but it went to destroy Momoe will.
SairentouMar 16, 2021 9:16 AM
Mar 16, 2021 9:12 AM

Jan 2009
Thanatos is the god of nonviolent deaths like suicide (this might be the final enemy)
Eros is the god of love

so love will save suicidal girls is my obvious guess

Acca and Ura-Acca maybe planning to kill Thanatos to become immortal? since Thanatos maybe is the god of natural death too

Mar 16, 2021 9:13 AM

Mar 2013
Holy shit...the tension increasing in this was amazing. I really liked Ai's new outfit...and damn I might have to ponder a bunch of the symbolism in this again.
The teacher is creepy as fuck, painting Ai as adult, comparing her to her mom and everything though.
Momoe looks like she has some form of PTSD now...
I feel like next week is gonna be big.
Something something something
Mar 16, 2021 9:15 AM

Feb 2019
Killing the digimon in the same episode it was such a cute little croc is a low blow, RIP.

The trans flag colors is almost beating a dead horse, considering how clear they were about it, but I guess it's kinda nice to get confirmation in the text. Poor Momoe though, being happy about the kiss from the boy in the egg only to meet butterfly of doom and eat fine cuisine against her will.

Thinktank Old World Blues Kyuubey Mensa need leveled up Lovers arcana Persona users that can confront the fear of death to get to the top of Tartarus and fight Nyx, but one of the candidates lost her soul gem and broke down. I just get the feeling the writers were in a meeting, brainstorming ideas, and instead of the leader sorting them out, they just chose to go with all of them. It ends up feeling kind of messy.

The teacher painting the grown version of a girl that's probably into him, saying how beautiful she'll be and comparing her to the mother that he's dating is a bit of hibbie jibbies moment.
KosmonautMar 16, 2021 9:36 AM
Mar 16, 2021 9:15 AM
Jul 2020
Boy do I love vibing to the ED song after seeing that fucked up ending. :D
Mar 16, 2021 9:18 AM

Jul 2020
Episode started off all hunky dory but what the hell happened to momoe? That was hella disturbing and then the ed comes in with some upbeat stuff, get outta here!
Check out my channel @Criticiza on Youtube to watch my vids ;)

Mar 16, 2021 9:27 AM
Oct 2020
Boy,the teacher crept me out. Maybe I am reading too much into it but him comparing Ai to her mom and being like „you’ll be a strong woman like her one day“ kinda feels like he went for her mom because he couldn’t have her? Can’t wait to see how this gets resolved.
Mar 16, 2021 9:40 AM

Mar 2013
TwiggyBraindead said:
Boy,the teacher crept me out. Maybe I am reading too much into it but him comparing Ai to her mom and being like „you’ll be a strong woman like her one day“ kinda feels like he went for her mom because he couldn’t have her? Can’t wait to see how this gets resolved.

I think he's slowly trying to groom her. That scene was super sus
Mar 16, 2021 9:42 AM

Jan 2019
RobertBobert said:
revxdd said:

hmm, im not sure if ur intention is "UHhhM AcSKhually TheRe ArE mOre!!!" or just recommending me anime with positive representation so ill give you two responses

if its the first one: the fact you only linked two kinda is just a testament to the fact that positive representation of trans people in anime is few and far between

if its the second one; i may check them out but I'm not sure they would exactly be up my alley 🤔
Mar 16, 2021 9:44 AM

Feb 2019
deg said:
Thanatos is the god of nonviolent deaths like suicide (this might be the final enemy)
Eros is the god of love

Acca and Ura-Acca maybe planning to kill Thanatos to become immortal? since Thanatos maybe is the god of natural death too

Eros, both as a god and as a word for love, is more closely tied to 'the love one feels for one's partner' (romantic or desire) than just the general concept of love. However, I don't think this is necessarily what the writers are going for.

There's also the Freudian notion of the Eros as a life instinct (procreation, survival, cooperation, bonding, pleasure) and Thanatos as the death instinct (violence, destructive behavior, trauma, self-harm, suicide). All instinct, according to Freud, are either Eros or Thanatos. These are probably what the writers hope to explore.
Mar 16, 2021 9:45 AM

Mar 2019
Momoe focused episode, got more info on her mindset and oh my fucking god, that ending scene got me so hyped up. We're in for a roller coaster huh. Please don't mess up the last 2 episodes, that's all I ask for...
Mar 16, 2021 9:46 AM

Apr 2012
revxdd said:
RobertBobert said:

hmm, im not sure if ur intention is "UHhhM AcSKhually TheRe ArE mOre!!!" or just recommending me anime with positive representation so ill give you two responses

if its the first one: the fact you only linked two kinda is just a testament to the fact that positive representation of trans people in anime is few and far between

if its the second one; i may check them out but I'm not sure they would exactly be up my alley 🤔

It was not my goal to introduce you to as many titles with trans characters as possible. I just wanted to show that it is not so unique.
Mar 16, 2021 9:46 AM

Jan 2009
Kosmonaut said:
deg said:
Eros is the god of love

Eros, both as a god and as a word for love, is more closely tied to 'the love one feels for one's partner' (romantic or desire) than just the general concept of love. However, I don't think this is necessarily what the writers are going for.

There's also the Freudian notion of the Eros as a life instinct (procreation, survival, cooperation, bonding, pleasure) and Thanatos as the death instinct (violence, destructive behavior, trauma, self-harm, suicide). These are probably what the writers hope to explore.

yep that seems possible too and i like that to happen to make the show more deep although only few episodes remain, my guess is just the battle shonen writing level lol
Mar 16, 2021 9:50 AM

Jan 2019
RobertBobert said:
revxdd said:

It was not my goal to introduce you to as many titles with trans characters as possible. I just wanted to show that it is not so unique.
RobertBobert said:
revxdd said:

not unique but its rare considering most times trans people either are there to be comedic relief/ be the butt of transphobic ""jokes"" or arent actually trans and the writers make a super convoluted way to have the character actually just be a crossdresser who so happens to prefer female pronuns, presents as female & tells people they are female despite being a 100% cisgender male (people like that exist but not to the extent that the anime industry seems to believe)
Mar 16, 2021 9:51 AM

Feb 2019
deg said:
Kosmonaut said:

There's also the Freudian notion of the Eros as a life instinct (procreation, survival, cooperation, bonding, pleasure) and Thanatos as the death instinct (violence, destructive behavior, trauma, self-harm, suicide). These are probably what the writers hope to explore.

yep that seems possible too and i like that to happen to make the show more deep although on few episodes remain, my guess is just the battle shonen writing level lol
Considering how they at times just throw things at the wall to see what sticks, I don't deny that it could end up battle shounen writing level :v

It just seemed to me that they were talking about Freud by directly opposing Eros and Thanatos - actually, that most of the plot has a Freudian veil over it, from the dreams, to the Accas, to the Eros/Thanatos debacle. I mean, saying only Eros can overcome Thanatos is pretty freudian.
Mar 16, 2021 9:52 AM
Jul 2018
Tbh I really didn't get the episode at all. It was very confusing for me. So please if someone can explain me the ending of that episode I would be really thankful. And btw really I felt bad for momoe. But that's how this anime works so it's fine.
Mar 16, 2021 9:53 AM

Feb 2020
The ending of this episode is omg...
Only two more weeks left, I hope we have a good ending...
Mar 16, 2021 9:53 AM

Apr 2016
loved the ep bc it feels like it went back to its roots talking about suicide and their causes in youth, especially this one which tackles dysphoria from momoe's and kaoru's side, loved it so much. also trans rights <3

but then it lost me again with the japan plati subplot like shut up these people commited suicide because of real life issues, idc abt the high iq society and their ascension program or whatever
ratboizsMar 16, 2021 10:31 PM

On this starry night, as we laugh together
I decided that I'd never let go of your hand.

ratboizs.carrd.co
Mar 16, 2021 9:57 AM

Jan 2009
Kosmonaut said:
deg said:

yep that seems possible too and i like that to happen to make the show more deep although on few episodes remain, my guess is just the battle shonen writing level lol
Considering how they at times just throw things at the wall to see what sticks, I don't deny that it could end up battle shounen writing level :v

It just seemed to me that they were talking about Freud by directly opposing Eros and Thanatos - actually, that most of the plot has a Freudian veil over it, from the dreams, to the Accas, to the Eros/Thanatos debacle. I mean, saying only Eros can overcome Thanatos is pretty freudian.

ah ok i only know that Freud likes to equate mental health problems to sex or sexual desire lol but then this anime is a lot about sex identity at least
Mar 16, 2021 10:03 AM
Mar 2020
I’m honestly curious about koito’s death man,, hope we find out next week. my heart aches so bad for momoe.. rip panic ;-;
Mar 16, 2021 10:15 AM

Apr 2012
revxdd said:
RobertBobert said:

RobertBobert said:

not unique but its rare considering most times trans people either are there to be comedic relief/ be the butt of transphobic ""jokes"" or arent actually trans and the writers make a super convoluted way to have the character actually just be a crossdresser who so happens to prefer female pronuns, presents as female & tells people they are female despite being a 100% cisgender male (people like that exist but not to the extent that the anime industry seems to believe)

As for the latter, it's not as scary as you might think. Although the Japanese love to associate sexuality with gender identity (sometimes too much), they share a lifestyle and gender identity. For example, it is perfectly normal for the Japanese if you live like a woman and at the same time openly identify yourself as a man.

In fact, there was even a seinen manga about it, where the male MC always identified himself as male and had a straight relationship with the female lead, but at the same time dreamed of living "like a woman." It is even more confusing in context, but it is a "common" thing for Japanese people. And I'm not even going to talk about characters like Astolfo or Felix, who turning this into moe.
Mar 16, 2021 10:16 AM
Apr 2016
So... Did she resurrect her friend? Or was it just some metaphor?
Mar 16, 2021 10:16 AM

Sep 2020
I really enjoyed this one, so many things happened both heart warming and heart wrenching. I'm happy Ai is finally confronting her problems and facing them head on and I really want to hear what Mr. Sawaki has to say about Koito's death. I really liked Momoe and that boy finding themselves (the boy having a blue, pink, and white jacket is a bit on the nose but I appreciate it). On the opposite end so many terrible things happened, that poor boy got raped, Panic was brutally murdered in front of Momoe, and she began to fear death. I can't wait for next episode, I want to see what Mr. Sawaki has to say, I wanna know what happened to Moemoe's girl she was trying to save, I wanna see death, and above all I still cant tell if the Acca's are good or not, it seems like they're bystanders or neutral but I really wanna know.

Mar 16, 2021 10:19 AM
Jan 2021
Damn that end was really terrifying, also what's up with Haruka? I mean who knows if she really is alive and what consequences it's gonna bring.
Mar 16, 2021 10:21 AM

Apr 2012
JanPri said:

Sarka84857 said:
Damn that end was really terrifying, also what's up with Haruka? I mean who knows if she really is alive and what consequences it's gonna bring.

Well, we recently discussed if the show is going to say something like "people can't be resurrected", I'm wondering if the writers will back that up.
Mar 16, 2021 10:23 AM

Sep 2012
JanPri said:

We will know later, there is still a lot more mystery, the more when we got Greek God of the Death. For now it can be anything.
Mar 16, 2021 10:24 AM
Jul 2018
This ep even had trans pride flag colored clothing, I wasn't expecting that from this show. I thought they would leave it "cryptic" or whatever but they didn't. The last scene between Kaoru and Momoe before he disappeared was so cute I swear. The zombie Haruka and Panic dying not so much. I don't know how to feel about this show because it pulls eps like this that are great and some that are terrible like the last one.

Kosmonaut said:

There's also the Freudian notion of the Eros as a life instinct (procreation, survival, cooperation, bonding, pleasure) and Thanatos as the death instinct (violence, destructive behavior, trauma, self-harm, suicide). All instinct, according to Freud, are either Eros or Thanatos. These are probably what the writers hope to explore.

I googled this Freud stuff you talked about and omg it would make so much sense. Maybe it isn't but it makes sense.
removed-userMar 16, 2021 10:33 AM
Mar 16, 2021 10:25 AM
Oct 2020
That ending really fucked me up man...
Mar 16, 2021 10:27 AM

May 2020
Poor Momo, the moment she finally moved on, at the end that happened to Panic T^T
Is Sawaki a good guy!!??

Apr 2019

nice clothes lol. Still don't get what was going on at the end... Uru and Acca, what are you planning??!?!

On a side note: that Ai painting was really cool. Maybe the three red flowers symbolized Neiru, AI and Rika and the white one was Momoe that had already completed her mission?

Feb 2011
Lmao, the writing is so on the nose that it's hilarious.
Mar 16, 2021 10:28 AM

Aug 2017
I really like that Kaoru his jacket were the colours of the transgender pride flag!
Mar 16, 2021 10:32 AM
Aug 2020
Fucking hell that was a heavy episode...

Sexual assault towards trans people is something that happens far too often. I'm glad that this series is showing rape in a way that isn't edgy like Redo Of A Healer or some shit. God I felt so fucking bad for that guy, I can't even imagine what that must be like. Unfortunately a lot of chuds are going to hate this episode because of this but they can go fuck themselves.

And that ending, oh my fucking God! Momoe being force fed Panic like that, and what was Sawaki's answer to Ai's question? It must be something really shocking considering how traumatized she looked. GODDAMMIT GIMME THE NEXT EPISODE YOU MOTHERFUCKERS!!! 😡
Mar 16, 2021 10:40 AM
Mar 2021
Wow! I really like the representation of LGBTQ+ community. (As I am one myself)
Also all the girls new looks are really cute.
Therefore, Sawaki-Sensei still feel kind of suspicious. And Momoe. What happened? She completed the mission, she freed Haruka, but she became a ghost? Then there is a demon that killed Panic and forced her to eat Panic. She vomit it, will she die from it ? Acca, Ura-Acca ? I have so many questions and I like that. I wonder how this anime will end.
Mar 16, 2021 10:40 AM
May 2020
Man that ending really hits hard, it's really painfull to see Momoe like that, also, RIP Panic, I can't imagine how traumatizing was eating him to poor Momoe, I really love how things are turning out, but at the same time I am really scared for what's coming to our poor girls :(
Mar 16, 2021 10:44 AM

Mar 2016
Just what in the world is this anime doing? With how slow things have been and the overall lack of meaningful events it feels like it thinks it's a 24 ep. series. I was really excited when Momoe's friend came back to life because it felt like something relevant to the main plot was finally happening again for the first time since the fifth or sixth episode. Looking back on it it's actually unbelievable how little has happened overall. If you want to take your sweet time introducing us to the characters and fleshing out their relationships then make it 24 episodes. It's also very, very underwhelming how it's looking like the villain is going to be someone we know literally nothing about when there's only 2 episodes left. This has been nothing but a waste of time showing cute girls doing mundane stuff and attempting to tackle heavy topics without saying anything novel or interesting about them. It's a shame because it started off decently strong and showed a lot of promise but it's been nothing but downhill ever since.
Mar 16, 2021 10:46 AM
May 2020
The suspense from last episode was literally swept under the rug in a few seconds..or at least for now..

The amount of symbolism represented in this anime is...wow
The fucked up ending really built up suspense,that is until the funky ED hits up..lmao
Mar 16, 2021 10:48 AM

Nov 2009
i am so scared for the final two episodes of this show
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Wonder Egg Priority Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ashhk - Mar 30, 2021

410 by nyaasar »»
Apr 9, 7:57 PM

Poll: » Wonder Egg Priority Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ashhk - Mar 23, 2021

301 by Lawgun »»
Mar 18, 3:55 AM

Poll: » Wonder Egg Priority Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Feb 16, 2021

254 by RobertBobert »»
Mar 18, 3:12 AM

Poll: » Wonder Egg Priority Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Aikotoba - Jan 12, 2021

430 by Lawgun »»
Mar 18, 3:06 AM

Poll: » Wonder Egg Priority Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

removed-user - Mar 9, 2021

169 by LilYellowBean »»
Feb 29, 6:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.