Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
May 28, 2019 2:48 PM

Aug 2018
Jeez, many noises supposed to represent hits taken/given were really too closer to rifle shots... I could almost hear a M14 or something from a game I surely have played back there.

Not a bad episode though, fights were ok & Saitama's last arrival made me happy.
May 28, 2019 2:48 PM

Sep 2012
Mediocre! There's nothing more to say
May 28, 2019 2:50 PM

Mar 2018
Well gotta give credit where it's due, this episode was a serious improvement animation-wise, there are actually multiple cuts that are quite good but since they're so short it's hard to feel them.

I really like the development Suiryu's had, it's simple, but quite satisfying after all the bs he said last episode.

And I can't believe Aoki made a cut on every goddamn episode so far, this man is a machine.
May 28, 2019 2:51 PM
Dec 2017
FL0W3R4Y0U said:
Liked the episode quite a bit! However....no one noticed that when Suiryu was getting beat up they used the M4A4 sounds from CS:GO?

I thought i was the only one who did notice it.
May 28, 2019 3:07 PM

Apr 2014
I really enjoyed this episode. Pretty good animation compared to the rest of the season so far, lots of emotion, some good fights. Choze vs Suiryu seems a bit weaker than what I remember, but whatever. Can't wait for next episode.

Everybody who's complaining about lack of Saitama screen time should just drop this series now, because it's not about him anymore.
May 28, 2019 3:10 PM

Jun 2014
really hyped for the next few episodes tho
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 28, 2019 3:17 PM

Apr 2009
The sounds in this episode is horrific. Damn. I think I may be done with this anime in terms of commenting on it. Theirs just too much wrong with it in my eyes that I can't even enjoy most of the moments I want to see because its butchered. I don't wanna be that guy so this is me bowing out.
DreddMay 28, 2019 3:21 PM
May 28, 2019 3:20 PM
Apr 2019
Farabeuf said:
Adnash93 said:
I haven't seen this episode yet, but I really need to ask one question, just from pure curiosity: did Puri Puri Prisoner finally appear in it?

No, not yet.

pablogormi said:

Same here. Like in the first season Saitama appeared almost every episode, so why is he being ignored in this season? I know they have to build up the plot, but seriously? I just watched that episode waiting for Saitama to appear...

You cannot blame the team making the anime for this one. They are following the story from the manga and not making too many changes. And yes unfortunately

Though you may say they cant deviate from the manga, re-watch season one and tell me if there wasn't any actual development and content. They basically color the manga and put it back with those poor cuts and transitions, as well as the lack of content illustrated. Seriously, no wow factor. I'm not a critic or artist, but I manage somewhat with art myself and I am an anime fan. A QUALITY anime fan. Therefore, when you screw up one of my top animes, then I'm gonna be really pissed and season 2 episode 8 was the worst of them. I have no idea whose FAN-MADE PRODUCT you presented or stole, but I will HATE this studio. SOMEONE else need to create an OVA for season 2. Someone that cares about OPM. Really only gonna watch because it's One Punch Man and aa legacy was born but you guys really took over and stifling it but don't worry. I expected nothing good from that current studio from episode 1. Trust me. By episode 4, I realized clearly that fans' comments were ignored because the crappiness was still present. Season one was good up to episode 4, and then episode 5 took an upward projection to a higher quality in color, vibrancy, drawing, effects and customer loyalty.

No hate, but don't do an anime you can't manage.
May 28, 2019 3:22 PM
Apr 2019
I do not know what the problem is with jc staff but an opening that was not good could get worse?
LgdpoMay 28, 2019 3:37 PM
May 28, 2019 3:29 PM

Dec 2018
The start is maybe not the most impressive ones i have seen ,Problems with animation deformed characters things don't move!! And its have low quality overall!!

Monster swoops down from the heavens to break up this boring slow ass tournament,,, Finally!!

Garou shows up? In a extremely ugly fighting scene!! The animation drops remarkably in the fight between him and the street mutt!!!!,, Its twitching and lagging weird shapes, to bright colour's,, It is a freak of nature!!

I kind of liked the monster turning and the violent fight with the rebellious heroes who refusing to cave in!! But well to little,the rest was just grinding!!!

And why the dramatic moment? I mean it was very fucking funny and i laugh at you for your silliness!!! But don't take yourself serious!!,,, No i'm not impressed!! You should have played your strong card my waifu Tatsumaki,,,,Anime you are a idiot!! And for that you had 3/10 !!! Now have you have 2/10 Your are a joke!! Better yourself to next week!!!

Yuri-CrusaderJun 4, 2019 1:09 PM
May 28, 2019 3:30 PM

Jan 2017
Ahh. Why couldnt you appear sooner Saitama, I actually feel sorry for suiryuu, hopefully he bounces back from that... and grows back his teeth. How could they damage such a beautiful character. At least he'll come away from this knowing the worth of heroes.
May 28, 2019 3:45 PM

Jan 2016
Dust_Eyezz said:
Custer- said:
Yes, I noticed, lol.
me and my friend noticed as well, I thought I had my game opened.

Lmao glad you guys noticed that too. That crow's beak had a funny sound effect.
Life is strange

May 28, 2019 3:55 PM

May 2017
Best episode of season 2 thus far. Ending had me full of emotions.
May 28, 2019 4:01 PM

Apr 2010
Good episode. Next one could be even better with some one punch man action.
YT: Gaming (gw2,...), cons and more: http://www.youtube.com/user/Vercammen312
Monster girls club card: http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=27137
See profile for exemples.
May 28, 2019 4:04 PM

Sep 2012
Goketsu almost sounded like Rick when he was talking about how different monsters turn out. "This one turned out alright. It's kinda hi-*burp* hit or miss depending on the raw materials."
May 28, 2019 4:08 PM

Jun 2016
Anime only here,epic episode this season is as good as the first one.
May 28, 2019 4:26 PM
Dec 2014
DiangeloKun18 said:

i really don't understand how can you feel that way.
May 28, 2019 4:26 PM

Feb 2008
Let's just skip the talk about "visual aspect" of the ep. it's a waste of time, and just focus on the best part, suiryu get his ass whoop hard, Oh YEAH, clearly best thing in this episode.
Now all that remaining is to see how garou ass is geting whoop hard too 😈
May 28, 2019 4:28 PM

Mar 2016
Didn't like this episode that much. Maybe it's because this is a parody genre, I really don't like it when it tries to add dramatic scenes.

Saitama is the only reason I watch OPM. So, I don't care much about this anime when he is off screen.

May 28, 2019 4:29 PM

Feb 2016
The cool thing about season 1 was how they handled/subverted typical shonen tropes; 'the hero MC arriving at the last second to save the day' just 'cause -is cliched trash.
Season 2's feel is completely off, rather than being a weird/awkward/bored guy trying to be a hero; Saitama often just comes off as a guy doing a (call back) gag routine.
May 28, 2019 4:29 PM

Dec 2017
FMmatron said:
Character development for Suiryu was one of the few things I looked forward to, but damn, they really pushed him far till he had to scream for help. Hopefully, he will appreciate heroes a bit more now.

Good episode imo.

Yeah i like Suiryu too but i'm scared they've beaten him so hard he doesn't want to fight anymore! I was suffering with him. I hope Saitama doesn't finish Bakuzan with one punch and make him suffer but i don't have high hopes about that :)
May 28, 2019 4:31 PM
Jul 2018
I do not know why many people get upset because Saitama barely has time on screen. If he were present all the time I would have finished this arc in a few seconds so I do not understand why they have tried to take this arc so seriously, this episode was so dramatic and I do not know why it ends with a cliffhanger when you know that the next episode will beat that monster with a one punch The whole monster invasion arc is only a conflict if Saitama isn't available to destroy everything, and the only way to physically prevent him from joining in was to distract him.
May 28, 2019 4:45 PM

Apr 2013
Could have shown some Garou vs watchdog man instead of the martial artists getting beat up
Damn ending before Saitama one punches him... i know what happens, but damn i want to see these punches...
Pretty nice episode though
just because I’ve gotten weaker, doesn’t mean that you got stronger, does it?
May 28, 2019 5:14 PM

Oct 2015
I just love it when tough characters crumble in this show and Bald cape has to save them at the end. Suiryu got what he deserved with his cocky ass, I was smiling the whole time when his ass was handed to him.

can't wait for next week even if this is a shitty production.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

May 28, 2019 5:19 PM

Mar 2014
Master3530 said:
If I see one more complaint about lack of Saitama I'm going to puke. Next episode and last episode are all you're gonna get until late season 3 if it even happens.

The lack of Saitama is terrible xP
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".
May 28, 2019 5:24 PM

Dec 2014
Kept expecting to see Saitama show up at multiple points in the episode but damn, they really had push Suiryu so far until he eventually showed up.

Fight sequences were pretty decent, though I wish we had seen Saitama beat the shit out of that monster before the episode ended, he's gonna kill it in one hit anyway right? XD

Hopefully Suiryu has some new found respect for heroes now.
May 28, 2019 5:35 PM

Aug 2015
Fede_5000 said:
They cut this fight and giving a pathetic result

Jesus, I laughed a lot.
This season has definitively been a huge mistake.
May 28, 2019 5:35 PM
Jul 2009
It's been a long time since I thoroughly enjoyed a fresh OPM episode, they actually put out a good chunk of meaningful content this week. However, the fight animation is still sad. Too many cutaways to the after effects or flailing put on loops but eh, I should probably give up on the incredible caliber that is season 1.

I can still enjoy OPM2 for what it is, but the grand spectacle that OPM1 was is now just a fond memory.
May 28, 2019 5:46 PM

Aug 2012
Suiryu has been interesting these last two episodes.

Good thing I lowered my expectations for the art and animation this season. It'd probably be whinging about it if I hadn't.
May 28, 2019 6:25 PM

Jul 2009
I'm glad we're done with Suiryu. Kinda obvious that Saitama will save the day. The people who claim they are the strongest/at the top are usually the ones who falter in the end.

Next one!
May 28, 2019 6:31 PM
Dec 2011
I'm fine with the animation. Though maybe its just me, but does this season just seem to be dragging on a little bit? Not sure how many episodes they are doing, but if they could of done a hundred or so, I could see it moving at a DBZ pace.
May 28, 2019 6:38 PM
Mar 2019
Is saitama a main character in this season?
May 28, 2019 6:50 PM
Feb 2009
funny watching Suiryu get his ass beat cause he's too cocky lol
May 28, 2019 7:04 PM

Apr 2016
dobbs said:
I'm fine with the animation. Though maybe its just me, but does this season just seem to be dragging on a little bit? Not sure how many episodes they are doing, but if they could of done a hundred or so, I could see it moving at a DBZ pace.
I really started getting that feeling during episode 5. Sure, season 1 had 3 2-3 episode arcs, but they almost always felt like there were things happening within each episode as to not make things feel dragged out. This feels more dragged-out than Fairy Tail’s 2-3 cour arcs cuz until episode 7, it felt like nothing was ever progressing or mattering, just cutting between a million things going at a snail’s pace (while somehow going as fast as possible cuz apparently the arc in the manga was even more bloated and god awful). Then episode 7 has so many things come to a conclusion one after another and just skipping entire events, giving me whiplash. This is the first episode in a while to not feel so dragged-out but this arc is just such a bloated chore. Worst part is they’re not even done wrapping up everything from this arc, and there’s only 4 episodes to go.
May 28, 2019 7:12 PM

Jun 2016
ilold said:
DiangeloKun18 said:

i really don't understand how can you feel that way.

Never in my life have I cared about "good animation",hell I still don't know what a good "animation" is if I don't pay close attention or go into details.
May 28, 2019 7:21 PM

Sep 2017
Actually pretty good episode. I was waiting all episode for Saitama to show up and then the blue balls me by having the episode end. Suiryu screaming out was pretty good. He's definitely gonna have a new view of heroes after this episode.
May 28, 2019 7:28 PM

Jan 2013
What an episode! And what an ending! wowowo
That guy is so strong! wow
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

May 28, 2019 8:18 PM

Jan 2017
They could've at least shown the punch.
May 28, 2019 8:20 PM

Jul 2016
Well, I'm glad I wasn't the only one who noticed the weird sound effects during the fights.

Saitama sure took his time to appear... what a way they had to use to finally make Suiryu care for heroes, damn.

Decent episode overall, not for its production values but for its content instead.
May 28, 2019 8:33 PM
Jan 2019
But what a brutal episode! I was shocked by the heartbreaking scenes. It was a complete massacre!
Actually, I felt sad for Suiryu and the other fighters. Although in the previous episodes Suiryu behaved like a complete cretin and mocked the heroes, hearing their screams of agony and despair caused me great sadness. What I admire about Suiryu is that despite the terrible situation he was in, he remained firm and did not become a monster.
Suiryu's seiyuu took his job very seriously. He did it with so much feeling and dedication that it was like feeling the agony of Suiryu in his own flesh. I think it's one of the best voice interpretations I've seen in an anime.
I am glad that in the end Suiryu has understood the great importance that heroes have in the Society.

When Saitama arrived at the scene, it was undoubtedly epic. What seriousness! OMG That monster is already dead xD.

In the following episode: The beating of Garou. Whatchdog Man is going to give him hard. I still do not understand how that hairy thing is so strong 😅.
May 28, 2019 8:52 PM

Apr 2013
Suriyu's development and cry for heroes was super impactful. That ending when Saitama entered...was epic.
May 28, 2019 9:28 PM

Oct 2018
honey--mint said:

what hair product commercial is this

Why the hell does the animation look so damn choppy. It feels like the studio decided to skip some of the frames to save money and time
May 28, 2019 9:31 PM

Apr 2014
Season 1: "How can an anime have any stakes when Saitama just shows up and one punches everything to death? It's boring!"

Season 2: "Nobody cares about any of these other characters, I just want to see Saitama kill things with one punch!"
May 28, 2019 9:39 PM
Mar 2018
EpsilonX said:
Season 1: "How can an anime have any stakes when Saitama just shows up and one punches everything to death? It's boring!"

Season 2: "Nobody cares about any of these other characters, I just want to see Saitama kill things with one punch!"

So damn true man..... I get the rant about the animation and fight scenes but now I just feel that people are making this a punching bag for everything. Ranting about minor sound, special effects and a lack of Saitama.
Just a few episodes ago, people were ranting about how fast the anime was going without giving time to details but now suddenly its so slow?! Really? Well, they f'ed up the pacing but this episode was much better.

I liked how Suriyu got his ass beat, was a powerful scene showing us the importance of heros after so many characters (including suriyu himself) shit-talked about them. Next epissode will be hype, I just hope they don't ruin it.
May 28, 2019 10:08 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
JessDlanor said:
Farabeuf said:

No, not yet.

You cannot blame the team making the anime for this one. They are following the story from the manga and not making too many changes. And yes unfortunately

Though you may say they cant deviate from the manga, re-watch season one and tell me if there wasn't any actual development and content. They basically color the manga and put it back with those poor cuts and transitions, as well as the lack of content illustrated. Seriously, no wow factor. I'm not a critic or artist, but I manage somewhat with art myself and I am an anime fan. A QUALITY anime fan. Therefore, when you screw up one of my top animes, then I'm gonna be really pissed and season 2 episode 8 was the worst of them. I have no idea whose FAN-MADE PRODUCT you presented or stole, but I will HATE this studio. SOMEONE else need to create an OVA for season 2. Someone that cares about OPM. Really only gonna watch because it's One Punch Man and aa legacy was born but you guys really took over and stifling it but don't worry. I expected nothing good from that current studio from episode 1. Trust me. By episode 4, I realized clearly that fans' comments were ignored because the crappiness was still present. Season one was good up to episode 4, and then episode 5 took an upward projection to a higher quality in color, vibrancy, drawing, effects and customer loyalty.

No hate, but don't do an anime you can't manage.

I'm sorry but your rant has absolutely nothing to do with my post. I don't understand why you quoted me instead of someone else who was referring to the topic of adaption quality.

For the record, yes I agree that JC studio has not delivered work in the same quality as Madhouse. I hope they're not involved in a 3rd season.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

May 28, 2019 10:34 PM
Dec 2018
saitama is the best guys
he's came in approrate time to show suiryu what's hero
May 28, 2019 11:02 PM
Nov 2016
Goddamn fuck this episode, I had enough with this mediocrity of season 2 but I will continue to watch it just for the fucks of it.

The fight between Suiryu vs the monsters lacked "oomph", you can feel the emotion in the manga but here? nah, this was crap in comparison with the lazy shitty directing and the goddamned blurry shaky camera is still present like always and when I see people defending mediocre crap like these then I cringe.
May 28, 2019 11:44 PM

Oct 2008
Fvck Saitama's late! but in the nick of time! just like what to mumen rider, Saitama arrives in the nick of time...
animation still sucked!
1/5.

May 29, 2019 12:00 AM

Nov 2016
One entire episode of monster vs side characters and only like 10 seconds screentime for Saitama. Now I have to wait another whole week for a punch. Screw JC Staff.
May 29, 2019 12:52 AM
Apr 2019
Well its kinda late.. but yeah i maybe drop this anime now.. the fight scene dont make any sense.. its kinda fast or i dunno what to say.. yeah i dont understand the flow maybe like i read the manga...
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

xShinigami3125 - Apr 23, 2019

371 by AnimatedAddict »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2019

584 by AnimatedAddict »»
Sep 25, 11:28 AM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 2, 2019

395 by RGreatDanton »»
Aug 21, 4:45 PM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

xShinigami3125 - Jun 25, 2019

204 by Jiborjas »»
Jul 22, 8:23 PM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2019

204 by Jiborjas »»
Jul 22, 7:58 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.