Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Apr 30, 2019 8:11 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lol, more Ainz and Tanya interactions this episode. These two have such a strange chemistry in the show.

Albedo and her group also makes more impressions in class. I'm starting to miss Overlord now Lol, Rem carrying Subaru.
Apr 30, 2019 8:27 AM
Jul 2018
Wait, how did you already watch it if it says it airs on 00:30 on Wednesdays but currently it's 00:27 on a Wednesday
Apr 30, 2019 8:29 AM

Nov 2011
Gythia said:
Wait, how did you already watch it if it says it airs on 00:30 on Wednesdays but currently it's 00:27 on a Wednesday

Abema TV streams it online before TV airings.
http://cal.syoboi.jp/tid/5244#479696
Apr 30, 2019 8:42 AM
Jul 2018
Stark700 said:
Gythia said:

Abema TV streams it online before TV airings.
http://cal.syoboi.jp/tid/5244#479696

Ah ok, never knew there was something like that, I always thought that the TV airs first
Apr 30, 2019 8:55 AM
Apr 30, 2019 9:20 AM

Aug 2013
Another fun episode.

So see the character interacting with one another.

Apr 30, 2019 9:22 AM
Dec 2018
Probably the best episode so far. Wonder why Subaru didn't tell Kazuma anything about his torture lol
Apr 30, 2019 9:22 AM
Jan 2019
Kazuma calling Subaru, of all people, lucky xD
Apr 30, 2019 9:32 AM

Jul 2017
Wow what a great episode. Funny seeing how different Ainz and Tanya reacted compared to Subaru and Kazuma
Apr 30, 2019 9:37 AM

Mar 2018
Ainz and Tanya interacting so calm was a pretty nice touch and I would love them to see them interact like that more, but good god Kazuma and Subaru interacting was fucking glorious. This my favorite episode so far.
Apr 30, 2019 9:40 AM

Sep 2018
So Tanya and Ainz are now besties and Kazuma and Subaru went from tracksuits buddies to enemies,Subaru you forgot to add one little thing about dying like 20 times but on the other hand Kazuma also died couple of times.
Albedo and Rem are still "girls in love" friends and we got that talent show next week,if Kazuma doesnt use steal on someone i'm gonna be very sad....

Also " Kazuma desu " joke is always nice to hear :D
well that's just my opinion.....
Apr 30, 2019 9:41 AM
Jul 2018
The contrast between Tanya and Ainz's conversation and Subaru and Kazuma's conversation is really funny.

I would've loved to see more of Tanya and Ainz's conversation, but I understnd that they have to cut it short.

Still waiting for Aqua and Tanya tho
Apr 30, 2019 9:51 AM

Jan 2008
Really delaying that talent show aren't they?
Apr 30, 2019 10:14 AM

Apr 2012
>Kazuma and Subaru being carried to school
all my orbiting sides around Pluto

Pretty good gags this episode, hope this will continue.
Apr 30, 2019 10:26 AM

Mar 2014
"What the hell?" LOL

If Kazuma knew how many times Subaru had to die to get that harem status....
Apr 30, 2019 10:27 AM

May 2018
Ainz and Tanya interaction : Good.

Kazuma and Subaru, Good at first until Kazuma get's jealous.
Apr 30, 2019 10:30 AM

Jan 2016
Rem and Albedo agreeing always gets me lol.
Also after I saw Subaru being carried by Rem and going on about his pride I jusyt knew that Kazuma would appear throwing away his lmao.
Apr 30, 2019 10:30 AM

Dec 2014
ok wow kazuma and subaru ..... ains and the girl...the interactions are so priceless
Apr 30, 2019 10:39 AM

Jul 2015
Good episode

Tanya and Ainz became Friends,the best part was definitely Kazuma and Subaru part,it went everything like we thought,too bad Kazuma doesn't know about Subaru's suffering due to Return of Death.

Apr 30, 2019 10:42 AM

Jul 2009
So I’m thinking Subaru might not be able to mention the dying thing because he’s always been restricted but it’s a different world so I’m hoping it doesn’t apply. Or at least he can’t tell people from the same world as him but he can tell the others. That being said he didn’t even try to mention it.

Subaru’s really positive huh? He has a life of suffering and doesn’t even wanna complain about it? lol now Kazama desu (lol) hates him.
One thing that’s for sure tho, if Kazama was in Subaru’s place he wouldn’t last. He couldn’t have the same mental fortitude. He’s meant to deal with the annoying Aqua. That’s all.
Apr 30, 2019 10:44 AM

Feb 2014
tuanguyen said:
Kazuma calling Subaru, of all people, lucky xD

Can't blame him though, only Subaru knows the truth xD.
Apr 30, 2019 10:58 AM

Oct 2018
Kazuma-desu. I love the interactions.

I thought Ainz and Tanya would turn into a shitshow, guess not.
Apr 30, 2019 10:59 AM

Jan 2017
I was hoping for exactly this type of conversation in this cross-over.
Kazuma trashing Subaru for his "luck", this was pure gold!
Apr 30, 2019 11:06 AM
May 2015
Inugirlz said:
One thing that’s for sure tho, if Kazama was in Subaru’s place he wouldn’t last. He couldn’t have the same mental fortitude. He’s meant to deal with the annoying Aqua. That’s all.

While the overall tone is different, they do both die a number of times. Subaru obviously dying a lot more, but I think what makes Subaru suffer more is the whole Groundhogs Day effect of it and some of the more violent deaths.

Whereas Kazuma has to charge headfirst in to danger for little to no pay (or even accumulating debt as a result), with a seemingly impossible task, and acquainted with cute but overall detrimental girls, and most of the other adventurers don't really think very highly of him either unless he's paying for their drinks.

They're both pretty shitty lives, but overall, I think Subaru has the happier life, in the long term at least.
Apr 30, 2019 11:10 AM

Sep 2018
Ainz's long life goal ever since he got stuck in his world, to look for other Japanese in the world he's stuck in finally happened, he hasn't had a conversation with another Japanese for a while now just like with Tanya as well, i knew the 2 of them would get along, well Ainz has to pretend like an evil Overlord who posseses great knowledge while Tanya literally has the personality Ainz is pretending to be one but Tanya becomes nice and happy after meeting another Japanese for so long huh, didn't expect that on Tanya

Well i thought Kazuma and Subaru would get along since they both die numerous times in their life and gets brought back to life except Subaru has it more worse, well they haven't talked about that area of their lives so i get why Kazuma thinks Subaru has it better when in reality Kazuma has it better i mean Kazuma does get his development later on but in this case it hasn't happen yet to him, i won't spoil Konosuba in here
Apr 30, 2019 11:24 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Tanya's aura of intimidation sure is impressive. Hmm given Ainz's aura and power i guess its natural for Tanya to assume that he is her fated enemy. Albedo's attachment to her lord sure was tremendous. Funny how Rem is able to understand this aspect of hers that well. Rem's antics to help Subaru are still as funny as ever. The comparison between Kazuma and Subaru's attitudes on being aided by Rem and Darkness respectively sure was striking. Still late as they may have been the detention sure provided them the perfect opportunity to bond.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 30, 2019 11:34 AM

Jul 2009
Better but still not good. I guess Kazuma is too stupid to realize his entire party is full of women. And I feel like they're exaggerating Albedo a bit. It's not like she freaks out every single time Ainz talks to a girl. Plus, Shalltear doesn't seem to care.

The poor length and several inconsistencies are what is keeping this series down.
BStrifeSword114Apr 30, 2019 11:38 AM
Apr 30, 2019 11:59 AM
Jul 2015
DruMzTV said:
Probably the best episode so far. Wonder why Subaru didn't tell Kazuma anything about his torture lol

He is forbidden to tell anyone about his return from death.
Apr 30, 2019 12:03 PM

Jul 2014
Another great episode, really nice to see the characters interacting and realising they were all isekai'd. Now that the show has really settled into its rhythm, it's proving to be very entertaining. I just wish it was longer, now.
Apr 30, 2019 12:23 PM

Jul 2014
Kazuma's reaction to Subaru's harem is literally what I was expecting to see, perfection! finally an ep that made me laugh.
Apr 30, 2019 12:46 PM

Mar 2014
I think this the best anime this season... I can't stop watching those 4 episodes, this is so AMAZING!!! BEST FAN SERVICE I HAVE EVER SEEN!!!!
This is like the Crossover style I want for some alot of anime out there, but I'm so happy that we at least got Isekai Quartet!!!

This whole series by now is 10/10 for me!

Kazuma and Subaru's Talk was the Thing I wanted to see so badly, and to think tha. THIS is the result of the conversation is just hilarious!!!!

I love this series so Bad!!!!
Apr 30, 2019 12:53 PM

May 2018
The best episode we have seen so far. Finally got major interactions between the characters and not just some bland introductions.

My only complain is the shows are too god damn short. Why wouldn’t they make full length ones...

DruMzTV said:
He couldn’t. His heart would be crushed to pieces or something if he did that.
Apr 30, 2019 12:57 PM
Mar 2019
The interactions are priceless! :D
Apr 30, 2019 1:00 PM

Jun 2014
duhu1148 said:
Better but still not good. I guess Kazuma is too stupid to realize his entire party is full of women.

Full of troublesome women
Apr 30, 2019 1:00 PM

Apr 2012
Thai777 said:
duhu1148 said:
Better but still not good. I guess Kazuma is too stupid to realize his entire party is full of women.
Full of troublesome women

I don't blame Kazuma to be jealous of Subaru because he's actually trapped with a party of morons.
Janethan23Apr 30, 2019 1:07 PM
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Apr 30, 2019 1:46 PM

Mar 2017
KONO HAREM YAROOOOOO
Apr 30, 2019 1:52 PM

Sep 2014
Lmao, this is legendary
Apr 30, 2019 2:28 PM

Sep 2014
Each episode is getting better and better. I was laughing so hard this entire episode. I think I even shed some tears.
Completely lost it at "Hai Kazuma desu~"

Also when Subaru and Subaru v2 are on the roof, yeah Subaru got all the luck sure hahahaha. I bet Kazuma wouldnt make it through day one without breaking down.
Him trying to climb over the fence to not get caught being late was also super in character.

Tanya and Ainz finally become besties as well.

Now I hope we will see more of Beako, Megumin and Shalltear.

can someone give me a gif of rem carrying Subaru pls? I need it.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Apr 30, 2019 2:30 PM
May 2015
SoaringPegasus said:
He couldn’t. His heart would be crushed to pieces or something if he did that.

Although this Subaru does seem to be from before they went back to the capital, so he's just very discouraged from telling others about the power. Still pretty curious if somebody ends up dying though.
Apr 30, 2019 2:36 PM

Jan 2017
My favorite episode so far. We finally start to see major interactions between the MCs of the different shows, also "Kazuma desu" jokes are always appreciated. :)
Apr 30, 2019 2:38 PM

Oct 2012
loool, at all those bonding parts :D But Kazuma and Subaru were definitely the best, especially that Kazuma entrance with Darkness :D
Apr 30, 2019 2:52 PM
Nov 2018
duhu1148 said:
Better but still not good. I guess Kazuma is too stupid to realize his entire party is full of women. And I feel like they're exaggerating Albedo a bit. It's not like she freaks out every single time Ainz talks to a girl. Plus, Shalltear doesn't seem to care.

The poor length and several inconsistencies are what is keeping this series down.

A next level masochist, a alcoholic crybaby of a goddess and a literal loli. I think you're forgeting Kazuma isn't a degenerate like us and wouldn't date trash.

Subaru on the other hand rejected best girl.
Apr 30, 2019 3:03 PM

Sep 2014
Figurinha said:
duhu1148 said:

A next level masochist, a alcoholic crybaby of a goddess and a literal loli. I think you're forgeting Kazuma isn't a degenerate like us and wouldn't date trash.

how are any of those bad?
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Apr 30, 2019 3:13 PM
Nov 2018
Comander-07 said:
Figurinha said:

how are any of those bad?

See, absolute degenerate. I approve.
Apr 30, 2019 3:50 PM

Jul 2009
Figurinha said:
duhu1148 said:

If we're talking specifically about looks, Aqua and Darkness are at a minimum on par with Rem and Emilia. Hell, I might prefer that pair. Also, disagree about Kazuma. He himself is kind of a degenerate in his own way. He'd definitely be superficial enough to care mostly about looks.

Regardless this is irrelevant. Per the episode's subtitles, he does not specifically say "troublesome" women when talking to Subaru. Subaru mentions his party members and the first comment Kazuma makes is "You're surrounded by women?"
Apr 30, 2019 4:03 PM

Nov 2017
Another Excellent episode-The talk between Ainz and Tanya was done well,but the chat between Kazuma and Subaru was absolutely superb.
Though the Ed still steals it for me,its so damn catchy :)
Apr 30, 2019 4:12 PM

Aug 2016
Haha Ainz and Tanya. I love the jealousy.
Apr 30, 2019 4:22 PM
Mar 2017
I had the pleasure of seeing this episode three times, it was too much fun to watch the unusual conversations between the MCs of each anime.
Tanya came to scare Ainz.
Tanya and Ainz after clarifying the misunderstanding with the "being X" and finding out that both come from Japan, they understand each other very well, it was very funny to see them talking about their situation in their respective worlds.
Albedo and Rem are good friends now, talking about the man they love made them close and it's nice to see them talking.
Moment that moved me was seeing Visha go to look for Tanya to go eat together. We definitely need more interaction between Tanya and Ainz.
Erich imitating Roswaal was very funny and Ram trying to get Cocytus to understand that the sensei's orders are absolute and that there is nothing left but to obey orders.
Erich has a great trauma with Tanya, how can he be so afraid of her just seeing her smile, is it so terrifying to see a little girl go to school?

The part where Rem and Subaru run to not be late for classes made me laugh for a while, Rem is so precious and sweet. Subaru being carried by Rem was fun and when Subaru mentions he does not see another man in his situation and then we see Kazuma being carried by Darkness made me laugh so much that I repeated that moment, but in the end Subaru and Kazuma decide to keep their pride and both ask to be taken down and finally both arrive late and are punished.

"Kazuma desu" joke never fails, despite not arriving in the same way to their worlds, Subaru and Kazuma discover that they are also from Japan and it was seen that they would get along well.
Kazuma complaining about his situation when having to travel with the useless goddess of Aqua, the madwoman of the explosions Megumin and the masochist of Darkness is always funny to hear, but Subaru tells his side of his world and when he mentions that he lives in a mansion with Ram, Beatrice, Rem and Emilia, Kazuma gets jealous and his face is to laugh and then Subaru mentions that Rem loves him and that he likes Emilia only makes Kazuma's jealousy grow, although I'm still surprised that Kazuma does not consider as women to the girls in his party. In the end Kazuma declares Subaru his enemy to be a lucky man with his harem.
This episode was certainly funny and since the MCs begin to interact to the point that it is too funny, Tanya and Ainz had a good start and it seems that everything went well, but Subaru and Kazuma had a very funny start being carried by Rem and Darkness , but Subaru made the mistake of mentioning only the good side of his life and this only ignited the jealousy of poor Kazuma.
Apr 30, 2019 4:58 PM

Aug 2017
Kazuma angry at Subaru because he has a harem priceless
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 30, 2019 5:09 PM

Aug 2018
This episode was amazing, I loved watching Ainz & Tanya the former humans who got reincarnated in another form, quickly exchanging about their situation. It was also logical that Kazuma & Subaru had to meet & discover they were initially coming from the same world. I can't wait to see how they will react by noticing they ain't the only former Japanese in this world.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Isekai Quartet Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 14, 2019

69 by Magicmist »»
Yesterday, 9:56 AM

Poll: » Isekai Quartet Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 7, 2019

121 by Magicmist »»
Sep 26, 11:59 PM

Poll: » Isekai Quartet Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 23, 2019

92 by Magicmist »»
Sep 22, 1:20 AM

Poll: » Isekai Quartet Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2019

182 by Magicmist »»
Sep 21, 10:26 PM

Poll: » Isekai Quartet Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 25, 2019

162 by removed-user »»
Dec 5, 2023 7:29 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.