Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Sep 26, 2018 4:05 PM
Oct 2016
Darkroronoa said:
It was a decent series for me, definitely worth it, but nowhere near as good as the first series.

When hacking to the gate started i was hyper, really nice!

I still don't get some things though, isnt the world line supposed to change? Do the alternative ones always exist and continue? I thought that when it changes it changes for everyone and just okarin keeps the memories. But i guess would be weird if he just lost all the last years of his life or something, maybe thats why he left? I am confused xD

owidx_123 said:
Am I the only one who thinks this season is so overrated?

if you stand back and watch it with open eyes, without watching the first season - i guarantee you'd be saying "meh".

It was good, but it dragged on for so long that by the time i reached the ending ( which everyone knew how it turns out ) i didn't feel anything. the dialogue was unnecessarily slow and repetitive throughout the anime.

If this was 12 episodes,i would've given it a 9/10. 24, 7/10.

Why would you watch this without watching the first season? :P

what i meant was - the only reason that this anime is getting such high ratings is because of steins gate. Not steins gate 0.
Sep 26, 2018 4:09 PM

Nov 2016
I'm so glad that this series picked up again in it's final stage, definitely a worthy final episode, even tho it could have been even better with 1-2 episodes more, nonetheless, still great.

So 7/10 instead of 6/10 from me.

But I'm sad that the ride is already over, tho. You just know that is has been good, when you're going to miss watching it ;_;

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 26, 2018 4:20 PM

Aug 2014
i have another question then, when the 2036 suzuha that knows about how okarin should fail returns to the past, does she take kagari with her again?
I mean in that timeline there should be 2 kagaris, one that stayed with them after the 2 girls left and one that is the young child but that young child doesn't meet mayushi tho.
"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
Sep 26, 2018 4:40 PM

Nov 2013
For anyone confused. This was taken from a discussion board. Not mine but if it helps.... here you go

2036 okabe = 2011 okabe
2011 okabe inspires mayuri to go slap him in 2010.
2011 okabe realises that something went wrong even though the mission is probably a success.
(It was a fail because only 2/3 components were there; suzuha's knowledge about operation sculd and mayuri slapping Okabe. The video mail was not present there.)

-decides to make a time machine, finding a way to save mayuri and suzuha who went to 18000bc due to insufficient fuel, while trying to reach steins gate.
-Finishes making time machine with daru in 2025. Records a v-mail saves mayuri and suzuha who went to 18000BC. (This is where all the requirements for steins;gate is acquired)
-Suzuha who is aware of operation sculd leaves using time machine in 2036.
-2010 mayuri slaps 2010 Okabe. Then suzuha tells 2010 Okabe to view the D-video.
Operation success;Steins gate reached.

I'll explain EVERYTHING from the beginning here:
2010: Okabe fails to save kurisu. Mayuri doesn't slap Okabe here because she hasn't heard anything from 2011 Mayuri.
2025: Okabe's brain dies after being tortured
2036: Okabe's memory is replaced with 2011 version of Okabe
2036: 2011 Okabe decides to time leap back to 2011
2011: Okabe does some bs and changes the worldline; In the new worldline, the time machine does not explode due to the missile. Mayuri and suzuha time-travels to 2010. Mayuri manages to convince 2010 mayuri to slap Okabe.
2010: Mayuri slaps Okabe, and suzuha possibly told 2010 okabe about operation sculd, but wasn't able to reach steins;gate BECAUSE The Video mail was not present therefore, Okabe didn't know how to fake the death of kurisu.
2011: 2011 Okabe decides to find a way to reach steins;gate while making timemachine with daru.
2025: Okabe, Instead of getting tortured to death, Decides to save Mayuri and suzuha (who are in 18000BC )after recording the Video mail for 2010 Okabe.
2036:Suzuha, the original 8year suzuha grown up, learns about operation sculd, goes to 2010.
2010: Mayuri from 2011 asks Mayuri from 2010 to slap 2010 okabe. Then suzuha talks about Operation sculd to 2010 Okabe. THEN the important part kicks in; the video mail from 2010 is present this time. Therefore all 3/3 components are acquired and allows 2010 Okabe to reach steins;gate.

TLDR: Loops happened twice, but with a slight difference in each to reach steins;gate.
The first loop allowed the revival of 2011 Okabe at 2036 ultimately resulting in mayuri slapping 2010 Okabe. (Still not enough to reach steins;gate)
Second loop results in 2011/2036 Okabe making a time-machine while preparing a video mail for 2010 Okabe. (enough to reach steins;gate)

Be grateful.
Ps: 1:Okabe gave up completely
2.:Tries after mayuri slaps him. But fails anyways.
3:succeeds after watching that video.
Sep 26, 2018 4:57 PM

Apr 2016
Hacking To The Gate, so much nostalgia and feels!!!
it was cool to see the scene from Okabe's famous video sent from the future in the og Steins;Gate
this was definitely one of my favorites of 2018, and a great addition to my favorite sci-fi anime of all time~
Sep 26, 2018 4:58 PM

Apr 2018
Damn, that was one heck of an episode. Although this anime had its ups and downs I still think this was a good anime. Good to see Kagari vs Suzuha again for a bit. I would say this was the Anime of the Year but there still 3 more months to see but ill give it a 10/10
Sep 26, 2018 5:05 PM

Nov 2015
WOW, what a great final episode. As i predicted, this Okabe is a stepping stone for the one we see in the OG steins;gate. When Mayurii slapped Okabe and the opening started playing, man i was in tears. Same for when Okabe saves Suzuha and Mayurii.

Can't wait to start playing the VNs

Katsura janai, Zura da

Sep 26, 2018 5:07 PM
Mar 2017
Silverstorm92 said:
bukuna said:
Not a masterpiece compared to the original but was enjoyable had its strong and weak moments as well...as much as I love Steins;Gate the final episode of 0 was a bit underwhelming for me...also would it not cause a time paradox if teen Suzuha went back to the 2026 timeline?.A solid 7.5/10 for me

Lmao he will be overwritten by Okabe 2010. Did you even watch first season?
When did Suzuha become a male though🤔
Sep 26, 2018 5:16 PM

Dec 2010
I can't be the only one who cried (literally) when Hacking to the Gate played.

Of happy tears...
Sep 26, 2018 5:17 PM

Apr 2018
Beautiful ending <3
Sep 26, 2018 5:32 PM

Nov 2015
Ulquiorra said:
So they still haven't saved Kurisu, that was a letdown.
The last scene was cool though.

Did you really watch season 1 or read 0 description ?
They said in the description , 0 is all about making the ending of Stiens;Gate possible , it's all simply about letting Mayuri in that scene to cheer Okabe up , that's all , you shouldn't expect more , but the more happened , it's not where near of being a let down , and no , they actually saved Kurisu , if you watched season 1 , you should know how , unless you understood nothing
Sep 26, 2018 5:36 PM

Nov 2015
rsc-pl said:
Great ending, really. But it felt rushed as hell. 2 episodes more would make it a lot better in terms of "flow".
they can't , they have to keep it 23 episodes , they have to keep the day when Okabe and Suzuha come back to save Kurisu and all of that at 23 , because of Steins;Gate stuff
Sep 26, 2018 5:36 PM

Jul 2016
This episode indeed felt rushed. I would like to see this episode expanded and slow pacing a little. Truning this episode to 2 is a stretch, so maybe make this a episode a 30-35 mins. But indeed the episode is epic to me especially the latter half, hearing Eri Sasaki's Gate of Steiner, the lyrics gave more weight to the atmospheric instrumental version, and Okabe walking like a boss BC1800 in the past, its like hey I don't have fears anymore with time travel stuffs, I kept you waiting my labmems.

To the downsides of this midquel, production issues on most episodes. Then the hurdles of adapting a VN with a major two branch stories instead to a single trunk unlike the OG Steins;Gate where it's linear and easier to adapt, reconstructing the storyline into linear. That which certainly hurt the intended aaproach to the story of the series, as the show progresses, it resorted to original anime episodes. But those original ones weren't all turned inferior to its VN counterparts, with its upsides, like the episode 8, which is my favorite episode aside from episode 16 and 22. Episode 8 is more emotional and impactful with a kiss than its VN counterpart. Aside from this original episode, some episode improved like the episode 21 revival of Kyouma, they showed what happened on the 3000 leaps, unlike on its VN counterpart its offscreen.

This midquel really is not meant to feel like the OG Steins Gate, where its started with its SoL and goofy moments then on the second half Okabe despairing, this midquel is whole about despairing of Okabe, where this Okabe is a product of the OG Steins;Gate episode 1-23, and searching the path to Steins Gate, his only hope to escape from despair and guilt from stabbing Kurisu and fvcking up the space time continuum, discovering his needed ideas along the way of his journey with his friends: perspective/observer(ep.8), fooling himself(ep.12) and the world(ep.22).

So certainly I can say, I enjoyed the whole ride of this adaptation.
cronoSpirASep 26, 2018 5:41 PM
Sep 26, 2018 5:38 PM
Jun 2009
Don´t know where to start...
Episode 22 was flat and pale in comparison to previous one. Didn´t pull any strings, didn´t push any buttons for me. And what´s left for me was hope they will make great final episode. Did they?
The last episode is great. It explains a lot of things. As I understand without S;P0 developments there would not be the Slapping Ending. So this season is crucial in achieving Steins Gate. And makes this season so much more important in ocerall story.
Finally, this season was sloppy sometimes and didnt push me hard enough to feel all the variety of emotions as the original, but finale was great and makes me appreciate this show even more.
Sep 26, 2018 5:43 PM

Nov 2015
The best ending ever so far I've seen in all animes and movies I watched
Sep 26, 2018 5:44 PM
Jun 2009
herrickluk said:
For anyone confused. This was taken from a discussion board. Not mine but if it helps.... here you go

2036 okabe = 2011 okabe
2011 okabe realises that something went wrong even though the mission is probably a success.
(It was a fail because only 2/3 components were there; suzuha's knowledge about operation sculd and mayuri slapping Okabe. The video mail was not present there.)

-decides to make a time machine, finding a way to save mayuri and suzuha who went to 18000bc due to insufficient fuel, while trying to reach steins gate.
-Finishes making time machine with daru in 2025. Records a v-mail saves mayuri and suzuha who went to 18000BC. (This is where all the requirements for steins;gate is acquired)
-2010 mayuri slaps 2010 Okabe. Then suzuha tells 2010 Okabe to view the D-video.

2010: Okabe fails to save kurisu. Mayuri doesn't slap Okabe here because she hasn't heard anything from 2011 Mayuri.
2011: Okabe does some bs and changes the worldline; In the new worldline, the time machine does not explode due to the missile. Mayuri and suzuha time-travels to 2010. Mayuri manages to convince 2010 mayuri to slap Okabe.
2010: Mayuri slaps Okabe, and suzuha possibly told 2010 okabe about operation sculd, but wasn't able to reach steins;gate BECAUSE The Video mail was not present therefore, Okabe didn't know how to fake the death of kurisu.
2011: 2011 Okabe decides to find a way to reach steins;gate while making timemachine with daru.
2025: Okabe, Instead of getting tortured to death, Decides to save Mayuri and suzuha (who are in 18000BC )after recording the Video mail for 2010 Okabe.
2036:Suzuha, the original 8year suzuha grown up, learns about operation sculd, goes to 2010.
2010: Mayuri from 2011 asks Mayuri from 2010 to slap 2010 okabe. Then suzuha talks about Operation sculd to 2010 Okabe. THEN the important part kicks in; the video mail from 2010 is present this time. Therefore all 3/3 components are acquired and allows 2010 Okabe to reach steins;gate.

TLDR: Loops happened twice, but with a slight difference in each to reach steins;gate.
The first loop allowed the revival of 2011 Okabe at 2036 ultimately resulting in mayuri slapping 2010 Okabe. (Still not enough to reach steins;gate)
Second loop results in 2011/2036 Okabe making a time-machine while preparing a video mail for 2010 Okabe. (enough to reach steins;gate)

Be grateful.

Magnificent explanation. Even though I got what happened after watching the series this list concretes it and gives an ordered view on things. Thank you.
Sep 26, 2018 5:48 PM

Jul 2008
owidx_123 said:
Darkroronoa said:
It was a decent series for me, definitely worth it, but nowhere near as good as the first series.

I still don't get some things though, isnt the world line supposed to change? Do the alternative ones always exist and continue? I thought that when it changes it changes for everyone and just okarin keeps the memories. But i guess would be weird if he just lost all the last years of his life or something, maybe thats why he left? I am confused xD

what i meant was - the only reason that this anime is getting such high ratings is because of steins gate. Not steins gate 0.

Considering how this whole season serve to give context to the massive asspull that happened at the end of the first season I'm not so sure where you get that it was much better ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

Imo this season wrap together with what didn't make much sense in the first one, it's hard to evaluate them as standalone since they exist to wrap each other togethers to begin with.
Sep 26, 2018 5:50 PM
Sep 2018
The video mail from Daru 2026 are going to Suzuha 2011 right? And she throws to 18000 bc with mayuri

So, how come Suzuha 2010 in ep 23 first anime can know the detail of operation skuld to enter the steins gate?
Sep 26, 2018 5:57 PM

Jul 2016
owidx_123 said:
Darkroronoa said:

So you expect 0, as a standalone season, when it's never implied like that. 0 is the by product of episode 1-23 of original Steins;Gate and the backstory of future okabe on the episode 24. If 0 is a prequel or spin-off, definitely you don't need original Steins;Gate.

And by the way compare to usual sequels its different, where events are taken place after the previous season eg. Season 1 last episode --> first episode of season 2.

Steins;Gate structure is this Original Steins;Gate episode 1-23 --> Steins;Gate 0 episode 1-23 --> Original Steins;Gate ep.24.

So you certainly needed to watch original Steins;Gate to understand and enjoy 0.
cronoSpirASep 26, 2018 6:05 PM
Sep 26, 2018 6:02 PM

Sep 2014
Not talking about the episode but rather the s;g 0 in general
I'm extremely disappointed
I feel the whole thing is just so completely unnecessary it kinda hurts. Before it aired I wanted to believe the VN players that it's actually good and explains things, but if anything it left me confused.

Like, sure, the 'future' Okabe coming in and saving everything might be bit of a deus ex machina, but is that ineherently bad? Didn't it make for this awesome WOW moment and a great finale to the og series? And it's not like it was super confusing or anything, you can fill the hole yourself easily.

The whole idea of s;g 0 being the story of the 'failed' Okabe to finally send this video to the original one could be great. But introducing a shit ton of new characters, brainwashing and some shit (and why exactly does kagari look like Kurisu again?), fucking around for most of the series (aside of the episode 8 or something, most were mediocre at best), the most cheesy and obvious Leskinsen 'plot twist' and all that to have a few 'hype' episodes at the end (which don't relaly feel genuine after how bad the series was before) just didn't do it for me.

1 great episode, 2 or 3 exciting (though mostly due to the nostalgia for OG series) and like 20 crappy/mediocre ones

ImaishiSep 26, 2018 6:08 PM
Sep 26, 2018 6:04 PM
Oct 2016
cronoSpirA said:
owidx_123 said:

so you expect 0, as a standalone season, when it's never implied like that. 0 is the by product of episode 1-23 of original Steins;Gate and the backstory of future okabe on the episode 24. If 0 is a prequel or spin-off, definitely you don't need original Steins;Gate.

And by the way compare to sequels its different where events are taken place after the previous season eg. Season 1 last episode --> first episode of season 2.

Steins;Gate structure is this Orginal Steins;Gate epiode 1-23 --> Steins;Gate 0 episode 1-23 --> Original Steins;Gate ep.24.

Let me phrase it differently, this story is good, from the novel. But the way it was shown by dragging it on to 24 episodes with extremely poor pacing throughout, justice definitely wasn't done to it. Mayhap it mightve been better as 12 episodes or a movie.

My point is this: if the same quality of the anime was made for another new anime, it would be considered bad. But because its the steins gate midquel, it's got high reviews purely off its fan base. Now don't get me wrong I love steins gate s1 a lot and it definitely deserves to be in the top 10animes. But steins gate 0, would I say it deserves a rating of 8.8, over code grass and such? Most definitely never. Let's be honest, would you watch steins gate 0 again?
Sep 26, 2018 6:20 PM

Jul 2016
owidx_123 said:
cronoSpirA said:
so you expect 0, as a standalone season, when it's never implied like that. 0 is the by product of episode 1-23 of original Steins;Gate and the backstory of future okabe on the episode 24. If 0 is a prequel or spin-off, definitely you don't need original Steins;Gate.

And by the way compare to sequels its different where events are taken place after the previous season eg. Season 1 last episode --> first episode of season 2.

Steins;Gate structure is this Orginal Steins;Gate epiode 1-23 --> Steins;Gate 0 episode 1-23 --> Original Steins;Gate ep.24.

Let me phrase it differently, this story is good, from the novel. But the way it was shown by dragging it on to 24 episodes with extremely poor pacing throughout, justice definitely wasn't done to it. Mayhap it mightve been better as 12 episodes or a movie.

My point is this: if the same quality of the anime was made for another new anime, it would be considered bad. But because its the steins gate midquel, it's got high reviews purely off its fan base. Now don't get me wrong I love steins gate s1 a lot and it definitely deserves to be in the top 10animes. But steins gate 0, would I say it deserves a rating of 8.8, over code grass and such? Most definitely never. Let's be honest, would you watch steins gate 0 again?
Indeed with what you say to this adaptation didn't lived up to the hype and quality like the original. Well its just scores brought by nostalgia drives, and you really take mal score seriously when its a mean score of different people ranging from casuals to enthusiasts. 0 is not solely with this kind of high scoring treatment. Its already expected with every sequels of popular shows, getting a high score of sequels, which is not surprising.
Sep 26, 2018 7:03 PM

Dec 2013
Really rushed for the final episode so while we may have seen all their efforts throughout the time jumps coming together... Anyone else disappointed to not see the appearance of one of the main points of all this work they did?

Kurisu???

It's like, "Okay, they found S;G but the viewers don't need to see how it all comes together. Let them use their imagination." -.-

This episode is like 3/5 and the series is 7/10 at BEST and that may drop for me soon. It was riding off the hype of the original. Smh.
Zetto92Sep 26, 2018 7:06 PM
Sep 26, 2018 7:11 PM

Jul 2015
This was a fantastic final episode. I didn't really like SG0 as much as the first one, but the final 3-4 episodes were amazing.
Sep 26, 2018 7:31 PM

Sep 2018
bukuna said:
Silverstorm92 said:

Lmao he will be overwritten by Okabe 2010. Did you even watch first season?

Sorry I mean they must wait till 2036: Loli Suzuha grows up and goes to 2010. There is no time paradox at all in S;G. And who cares about that when everything in S;G 0 will be overwritten by 2010 okabe :))
aajustisiananto said:
The video mail from Daru 2026 are going to Suzuha 2011 right? And she throws to 18000 bc with mayuri

So, how come Suzuha 2010 in ep 23 first anime can know the detail of operation skuld to enter the steins gate?

Because she is the Loli Suzuha. In 2036, she grows up, Daru tells her everything then she goes to 2010 lmao
Sep 26, 2018 7:43 PM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
Decent finale imo.

Overall, a big disappointment as a VN reader.
Sep 26, 2018 8:01 PM
Jun 2017
10/10 FOR THIS EPISODE, AS IT HAS SHOWN THE PRESENT (Where suzuha and mayurii will travel to the past), THE FUTURE (where okabe will be travelling way past using the time machine to save mayurii and suzuha), PaST (where mayurii ans suzuha travelled way too past?)...

*hahaha... DONT SKIP THE CREDIT AS IT SHOWN WHERE MAYURII AND SUZUHA TRAVELLED BACK IN TIME!!!

SUPER LOVE THIS EPISODE AND I WILL MISS THIS ONE...
Sep 26, 2018 8:05 PM

Oct 2007
Didn't expect that reference to episode 12 of the first anime, so interesting finish. I think watching 0 really sets the original ending into perspective, so it was well worth the watch. And it made me care for some of the characters stuck in the beta timeline, so I'm looking forward to the OVA. Hopefully we'll get even more answers. I'll give it 8/10 for now.

Silverstorm92 said:
bukuna said:
Sorry I mean they must wait till 2036: Loli Suzuha grows up and goes to 2010. There is no time paradox at all in S;G. And who cares about that when everything in S;G 0 will be overwritten by 2010 okabe :))

You may be right, but isn't the premise of this story a version of the multiverse theory with many different world lines existing at the same time? So there is no "overwriting," there are just maybe endless world lines where all the possible different versions of events occurs. However, as the existence or non-existence of the parallel world lines are not explained in detail, I guess we can interpret that as we want.

bukuna said:
also would it not cause a time paradox if teen Suzuha went back to the 2026 timeline?

The closest we've been to this, I believe, is 2011 Mayuri and 2010 Mayuri existing at the same time in the same world line for a very short time in this episode. So I think there are several different possibilities here. I expect Mayuri will have to reunite with Kagari again in some way, possibly in 2025 or later. But since the world at that point is pretty bad, maybe they could cheat again and travel to whatever place in time they want? I hope the OVA touches on this, or at least suggests a possibility.
SakujoSep 26, 2018 8:18 PM
Sep 26, 2018 8:06 PM

Sep 2013
Those last 30 seconds alone made this ending 1000000% better than the VN

What a great way to close this series out
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 26, 2018 8:32 PM

Sep 2017
I'm impressed that they managed to fit Mayuri going back and the message explanation in this ep. I kinda expected it would be the Okabe we have been following in zero that goes on to make the message. Everything meshed together well. I'm pleased with how it turned out. Obviously it was no Steins;Gate, but I think we were asking for a bit much expecting it to be as incredible as the first series.

The final scene was a cool throwback to the dream sequence in the original. I'm assuming he's just going back there to die with them or something tho, right? He can't bring them back to 2025 cause paradox, and he expects Okabe on 2010 to be able to fix everything after receiving the D-mail so it doesn't really matter.
Sep 26, 2018 8:52 PM
Dec 2013
If my understanding is correct, timeline 1.123581 is where this started (with Amadeus out of the picture). Since Amadeus never existed, the convergence point of the time machine being destroyed was avoided. Because of this, Mayuri and Suzuha go to the past to right at episode 23? of normal Stein's;Gate, and future Mayuri is able to give that timeline's Mayuri the speech she needed to hear to reinspire Okarin. Suzuha and Future Mayuri disappear because they ran out of fuel and then get flown off to 18000 BC. Past Mayrui gives Okarin T H E S L A P right as he also receives the D-mail from the gang in 1.123581 which tells past Okarin how to get to the Stein's Gate (recorded 15 years after the time machine leaves). The past timeline converges to the Stein's Gate. Lastly, Okarin back in 1.123581, after recording the message, goes to 18000 BC with the first time machine and saves Mayuri and Suzuha.

God damn. I fucking love Stein's Gate.
Sep 26, 2018 8:58 PM
Feb 2012
this series has run its course
things that were cool in 2011 are no longer applicable
if I ever see or hear Steins;Gate anything it'll be too soon
Sep 26, 2018 9:16 PM

Jun 2016
Fuck do you know how deep that last scene was,if they succeeded and Kyouma failed,they would have starved to death in 18000 BC.
Sep 26, 2018 9:19 PM

Sep 2018
This show was so good!! I like the OG Steins;Gate better, but this was one of my favorites this season. I LOVED it when they played Hacking to the Gate
Ready for the Steins;Gate 0 OVA where Okabe, Mayuri, and Suzuha fight of dinosaurs in 18000 BC.
Sep 26, 2018 9:35 PM

Aug 2013
the litness level
Don't believe the hype.
Sep 26, 2018 11:47 PM

Jun 2008
The first Steins;Gate is just an unreal masterpiece that I don’t think 0 ever had a chance to be better than that.

But it didn’t have to be.

And this season was incredible from start to end, definitely my AOTY for 2018.

10/10
Sep 26, 2018 11:51 PM

Sep 2016
A dull and lacking ending for a mess of an anime, the only good part were the last minutes.

The worst part is, the otaku community will be all over the place praising this mediocre "sequel"
Sep 27, 2018 12:28 AM

Mar 2018
Ranked 23?? This anime should not be anywhere near the top 100. The last few episodes were kinda ok tho.
Sep 27, 2018 12:49 AM

Aug 2013
Nou-Tan said:
rsc-pl said:
Great ending, really. But it felt rushed as hell. 2 episodes more would make it a lot better in terms of "flow".
they can't , they have to keep it 23 episodes , they have to keep the day when Okabe and Suzuha come back to save Kurisu and all of that at 23 , because of Steins;Gate stuff

Right, but does the ep count really matter (more than just stylistic choice)? I doubt.
rsc-plSep 27, 2018 12:52 AM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Sep 27, 2018 1:37 AM

Apr 2018
It was good and all but I really need to know how Okabe learned how to go to the Steins;Gate world line.

How did he learn that in order to go there he should not change the events that happened?
"She's ultra-violent. Her personality blows. She leaves the worst impression. But... She's beautiful"

-Arima Kousei

"The theory of relativity is so romantic.... and so sad"

-Makise Kurisu
Sep 27, 2018 1:54 AM

Jan 2010
Natsuki_Hyundai said:
HOLY CRAP THEY ACTUALLY DID IT. ALL IN ONE EPISODE.

They showed how they saved the time machine, the 2025 stuff, AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, they SHOWED what happened after he went to fetch them! The fan theory is officially official!

Also HACKING TO THE GATE for the win, and that oh-so-feels inducing Sasaki version of Gate of Steiner...

If only the first 19 episodes were as good as these last four, then maybe this would've absolutely surpassed the VN. But no, I'm stubborn. I like good art. I like Judy. I like Mahou. I like the story arcs they had to cut out. So in the end, I'll just say this show is "equal to" the VN "in its own unique way".

And for those of you who think the post-credits were BS...

The last mystery, however is...

WHAT THE HECK IS THE OVA GOING TO BE?!

I don´t know what the doubt about what the OVA is going to be. Unless my brain died half way, wasn´t the goal to reach the Steins;Gate world line where both Mayuri and Kurisu live? He saved the time machine and Mayuri, but we still haven´t seen Kurisu, or am i wrong?
RamaTheStrandedOtaku

Nier and MGS fan.
Sep 27, 2018 1:57 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Finally, I got enough time to get around to watch this episode. Phew, it’s been a heck of a day for me.
Anyways...

Rushed but a wholly satisfying and enjoyable conclusive, to say the least.

I feel like 2 or 3 Episodes were mushed up into this finale and so it made things a little hard to understand and interpret. In particular, I’d a couple of Questions in mind, so I’d be glad if anyone could answer them.
Firstly, how on Earth did he know the missile from the helicopter wasn’t going to hit the time machine? It certainly looked like he almost saw it happen beforehand or something of the sort, and the show made no reference to that previously to my knowledge.
Secondly, how did Okabe track down Suzuha and Mayuri in 1800 B.C? I’m pretty sure there was a slight moment where they briefly mentioned it, but I still can’t seem to get my around it.

Other than this, this episode was great! Sound Department, obviously referring to ‘Hacking the Gate’ and the new ED, delivered brilliantly! Art/Animation remained pretty good, too. Little qualms regarding the Storyline only, pretty much.

I had a few issues with the Characterization of the show though, especially with the case of Kiryu Moeka and Kagari. I’ve read plenty of explanations from VN readers and analysts but I still believe that their Characters lack integrity as a whole. Kagari not getting washed away because of the time travel as she was already present BEFORE, or so if I’m not wrong, hence retaining her position is perplexing to me to be very honest. As for Moeka, I’m still unsure whether she’s fully in support with Okabe or just taking part in this feud as allies or whatever, it just doesn’t add up to me.

Overall, a fine to good series, so a gracious but fairly comprehensive 7/10.

Edit: I have gotten the answers of the two Qs from posts above, and I must admit I’m a little let down, for reasons even I can’t express myself too well.
_MushiRock11_Sep 27, 2018 2:42 AM
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Sep 27, 2018 1:59 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Rama_pt said:
Natsuki_Hyundai said:
HOLY CRAP THEY ACTUALLY DID IT. ALL IN ONE EPISODE.

They showed how they saved the time machine, the 2025 stuff, AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, they SHOWED what happened after he went to fetch them! The fan theory is officially official!

Also HACKING TO THE GATE for the win, and that oh-so-feels inducing Sasaki version of Gate of Steiner...

If only the first 19 episodes were as good as these last four, then maybe this would've absolutely surpassed the VN. But no, I'm stubborn. I like good art. I like Judy. I like Mahou. I like the story arcs they had to cut out. So in the end, I'll just say this show is "equal to" the VN "in its own unique way".

And for those of you who think the post-credits were BS...

The last mystery, however is...

WHAT THE HECK IS THE OVA GOING TO BE?!

I don´t know what the doubt about what the OVA is going to be. Unless my brain died half way, wasn´t the goal to reach the Steins;Gate world line where both Mayuri and Kurisu live? He saved the time machine and Mayuri, but we still haven´t seen Kurisu, or am i wrong?

I was initially, and even right before watching the finale, expecting the same. I’d love some closure regarding this bit, too.

Sep 27, 2018 2:17 AM
Jan 2015
Mezo-RPWPA said:
what did Mayuhi mean by saying "feelings spaning 26 years and one more are entrusted to you" ?

also what did they mean by saying the "2nd one goes to suzuna in 2011"? why does she need to get a video as well?

It means that feeling of future Mayuri at 2036 (26 years) and one more (beta mayuri's feeling for this one year ) was entrusted to that Mayuri.she always regretted that she did not give a push to Okabe not to give up back then and result in Okabe's sad state.In some ways , she indirectly sealed off Hououin Kyouma persona .she always regretted it for that 26 years and 1 more

as for the 2nd one goes to Suzuha in 2011 .it was d-mail that Suzuha receive from Daru before she travel back with Mayuri
Sep 27, 2018 2:23 AM

Mar 2018
+ Meeting with Kurisu extended to a whole episode
+ Many great moments
+ Made me buy the VNs
+ Anime ending superior to VN ending imo
+ Leskimemes

- Obvious animation issues, especially action scenes before ep 20
- Why introduce Reyes if she does absolutely nothing for the plot?
- Some wacky dialogue lines (famous Daru line about being the same as the murderer)

Overall I would normally give 7/10, but since I'm a fanboy, I'll give it a one up, so 8/10
Sep 27, 2018 2:37 AM

Aug 2014
I'll play the VN again after I write this. I didn't know Moeka had a lot of interaction with the gang since I went straight to: promised renascimento -> vega and altair -> milky way crossing. Ofc I got the bad ending first, then used a walkthrough for the real ending. Not sure if it's Kagari or Maho's route where Moeka will make a different stance like in the anime, so I'll just find this out on my own.

For now, I'll refuse to give my overall opinion for this last episode. As a VN reader, it's easy to nitpick on the anime's shortcomings (and there's a lot), but one thing I'm sure after finishing this series, is the whole premise of TAUTOLOGY behind it.

I) SG; 0 is so colorful, yet so colorless.
II) A star shines the brightest when it's nearing death.

I also refuse to evaluate this series, hermeneutically.

The anime is the anime.
The VN is the VN.
SG; is NOT SG; 0.
SG; 0 is on its own as an "untold story" and should always be looked that way.

HaeduansSep 27, 2018 2:42 AM
Sep 27, 2018 2:37 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
herrickluk said:

2036 okabe = 2011 okabe

Be grateful.

Thank you so much, this made things crystal clear for the most bit! I thank the writer of this, too!

Sep 27, 2018 3:41 AM

Jul 2016
Gave it a 6 because I felt I dragged my way through it.

The last 4 episodes saved it from being an utter pile of trash.
Sep 27, 2018 3:58 AM

Jan 2015
Solid series... Amazing series. 9/10. Loved it!
~ sXeblues - Reviews on Youtube ~
Sep 27, 2018 4:38 AM

Aug 2010
S;G0 has the same high as original, but it has more low point. Pacing issue, production value, everything about Kagari nonsense and Reyes (who?) are very noticable bad points. The later episodes are very good though.

I hope the OVA's content is Okabe and labmems meeting Maho in Steins;Gate worldline.
Pages (10) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 12, 2018

220 by Twerms »»
May 30, 1:09 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 13 Discussion

Mxxxstation - Aug 8, 2018

35 by Twerms »»
May 22, 9:31 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Mxxxstation - Aug 8, 2018

106 by Domeoryx »»
May 22, 8:49 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2018

572 by MrNobodyFN123 »»
Apr 18, 8:11 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Mxxxstation - Aug 22, 2018

163 by Alrinth »»
Apr 10, 2:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.