Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 5, 2018 5:26 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Damn, a lot of colorful language and expressions this chapter. Rize talking about the past and then her own feelings.

That's actually kinda intense in a psychological way. I guess Kaneki will be getting back now.
Feb 5, 2018 5:31 AM
Dec 2016
This reminds me of the time with Jason, when kaneki had a major mental breakdown and started to question morality completely.

This time he has to face his sins and bear them, if he is to have any chance of saving his friends.

Rize's personanlity is still as twisted as ever, that last line was so sadistic. Jesus, a guy is trying to do something. Don't step all over him and spit on his actions.
Feb 5, 2018 5:39 AM

Sep 2014
Hope that Kaneki can just play it cool from now on. We want none of his nugget form going forward ;D
Feb 5, 2018 5:56 AM

Oct 2017
That’s right Kaneki. Keep moving forward like a centipede.
Feb 5, 2018 6:26 AM
Dec 2017
How rize told kaneki about her past that he didn't know despite she is an illusion made by his consiousness!
I don't guess that she really became a part of him due to the fact that he ate the rest of her by eating those kids he can't have her memories by eating her right!!
Feb 5, 2018 6:26 AM

Dec 2015
It's gonna take a loooot of swimming Kaneki...
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Feb 5, 2018 7:12 AM

Aug 2013
Ahmedibrahem said:
How rize told kaneki about her past that he didn't know despite she is an illusion made by his consiousness!
I don't guess that she really became a part of him due to the fact that he ate the rest of her by eating those kids he can't have her memories by eating her right!!

Furuta told him everything in chapter 101 of :RE. everything said in this chapter was known by Kaneki.
Feb 5, 2018 8:28 AM

Jul 2015
Luciberi said:
Ahmedibrahem said:

Furuta told him everything in chapter 101 of :RE. everything said in this chapter was known by Kaneki.

But did Kaneki know Oggai were made from Rize?I don't remember him knowing it.

Feb 5, 2018 8:37 AM

Jan 2018
Vivekananda said:
Luciberi said:

But did Kaneki know Oggai were made from Rize?I don't remember him knowing it.

Hajime had Rize's Kagune, so the same as him, it was enough for him to understand I think.
BARK BARK BARK ARRRGGFFF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK HSSSSSSSSS SNIFF SNIFF GRRRRR RUFF RUFF WOOF WOOF WOOF SNARL BITE BITE BARK CHOMP SNIFF SNIFF GRRRRRRRRRR RUFF WOOF BARK BARK BARK BARK ARGGGHHFFFF BITE BITE BITE WOOF HSSSSSSS GRRRROWWWL HOWLLL WOOF WOOF BARK BARK BARK ARGGGGRRRFFF BITE WOOF WOOFBARK BARK HSSSS CHOMP GRRRRR
Feb 5, 2018 9:44 AM

Oct 2014
I'm kinda tired of being in kanekis "mind" they're not very interesting and have really bad pacing. hes also become a boring character compared to many in re.
Feb 5, 2018 11:00 AM
Jul 2018
These last three chapters have been sublime, some of the best in the series. Some people might say we've seen this from Kaneki before, but we really haven't. It's the first time he's truly facing himself for who he is; acknowledging the true reason for why he did what he did in the second half of the original, and by taking up the role of OEK, all to feel needed by others. He's acknowledged what he truly wanted and because he has, he's realised he has what he always wanted and he's found happiness in his life because of that. His fight to feel needed is not necessary anymore, and so we can finally start to see Kaneki progress, towards a happy ending.
Feb 5, 2018 11:27 AM

Oct 2013
fullmetal-ghoul said:
These last three chapters have been sublime, some of the best in the series. Some people might say we've seen this from Kaneki before, but we really haven't. It's the first time he's truly facing himself for who he is; acknowledging the true reason for why he did what he did in the second half of the original, and by taking up the role of OEK, all to feel needed by others. He's acknowledged what he truly wanted and because he has, he's realised he has what he always wanted and he's found happiness in his life because of that. His fight to feel needed is not necessary anymore, and so we can finally start to see Kaneki progress, towards a happy ending.

Literally every chapter has been sublime for you.

Haven't been following the series, but as a fan that loved the prequel I can't resist coming to every chapter discussion and spectate what people think of each chapters.

I have to say how you praise each chapter is amusing, you somehow always come up with a way to make each chapter seem like the best thing since slice bread without it feeling repetitive.

I have never seen you say anything remotely negative in any of the chapter discussion. Just find it hilarious.
Feb 5, 2018 11:35 AM

Oct 2015
How I see next chapter going lol

Feb 5, 2018 11:41 AM
Jul 2018
keragamming said:
fullmetal-ghoul said:

Haven't been following the series, but as a fan that loved the prequel I can't resist coming to every chapter discussion and spectate what people think of each chapters.

I have to say how you praise each chapter is amusing, you somehow always come up with a way to make each chapter seem like the best thing since slice bread without it feeling repetitive.

I have never seen you say anything remotely negative in any of the chapter discussion. Just find it hilarious.

Actually I do have a few negative opinions on the series (e.g. I do think characters like Mutsuki have stagnated for a bit too long), but I'm just generally not one to spread negativity. If someone else here does enjoy an aspect of a series which I don't, I don't want to ruin that enjoyment.

But yeah, it is my favourite series, so I do like pretty much every chapter, I just find some better than others. And I say different things about what I like about each chapter, because you know, the content in each chapter is different, so I don't see the issue.
Feb 5, 2018 2:17 PM

May 2013
Well touka already know that

Feb 5, 2018 3:43 PM

Mar 2017
I like this, despite his initial shock and weakness, he composes himself and gathers his resolve. Maybe this isn't the grim determination i wanted but, this is just as good. let's hope he doesn't drown.

come, you sweet hour of death
Feb 5, 2018 3:51 PM

Jul 2017
Judging by this chapter, I doubt the story's gonna go the dictator route. Idk I'm getting the vibes that Kaneki's gonna go for more of the 'hero' route rather than the 'devil' route

Cyborg_Dragon said:
How I see next chapter going lol

Damn that's actually so accurate
Feb 5, 2018 4:10 PM

Apr 2013
So Rize claims to be real this time while trying to mess with Kaneki. Woud be a change if one of his imaginations actually turns out to be real.
̶D̶̶o̶̶n̶̶'̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶r̶̶o̶̶w̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶K̶̶a̶̶n̶̶e̶̶k̶̶i̶.
just because I’ve gotten weaker, doesn’t mean that you got stronger, does it?
Feb 5, 2018 4:28 PM

Oct 2017
keragamming said:
fullmetal-ghoul said:

TG fans are pretty loyal and think its some sort of deep masterpiece, the Tokyo ghoul subreddit is no different. Basically full of "Ishida is a genius" circlejerk.

Anyway boring chapter. Feel like we have been through this shit way too many times. Just a few chapters ago we were in Kaneki's mind which ended with a new resolve. And here we are again.

Can't wait for when he fails again and then repeats the same garbage. Ishida has become SO lazy

Feb 5, 2018 5:08 PM

Oct 2013
As much as I love TG, I can say that Ishida is overusing these inner "monlogues". It's repetitive, just like Kaneki's character. I want something new, something we've never seen before.

My interest in :re is starting to fade... Still, I'll keep my rating as 10/10
Feb 5, 2018 6:39 PM

Apr 2016
It was nice to see that even now, Kaneki acknowledges that he doesn't hate Rize. Without Rize, Kaneki wouldn't have met the people he did, and opened his eyes about the world... Kaneki has just been very lost. Failure happens in life, but that's also how we learn. I hope that this time, Kaneki will swim and progress in a completely new way.

I'm still sad that we only see Rize in Kaneki's subconscious mind... I'd love to see an AU where Rize and Kaneki could sit in a cafe, share coffee, and chat again. I truly think that if circumstances were different, they'd be great companions.

I hope Kaneki can live with others happily. I hope Kaneki stops feeling like he needs to act to be wanted and loved by others... x.x
Feb 6, 2018 1:08 AM

Oct 2015
gabrieuTG said:
As much as I love TG, I can say that Ishida is overusing these inner "monlogues". It's repetitive, just like Kaneki's character. I want something new, something we've never seen before.

My interest in :re is starting to fade... Still, I'll keep my rating as 10/10
Aardwolf94 said:
keragamming said:

TG fans are pretty loyal and think its some sort of deep masterpiece, the Tokyo ghoul subreddit is no different. Basically full of "Ishida is a genius" circlejerk.

Anyway boring chapter. Feel like we have been through this shit way too many times. Just a few chapters ago we were in Kaneki's mind which ended with a new resolve. And here we are again.

Can't wait for when he fails again and then repeats the same garbage. Ishida has become SO lazy

keragamming said:
fullmetal-ghoul said:

fullmetal-ghoul said:
keragamming said:

Actually I do have a few negative opinions on the series (e.g. I do think characters like Mutsuki have stagnated for a bit too long), but I'm just generally not one to spread negativity. If someone else here does enjoy an aspect of a series which I don't, I don't want to ruin that enjoyment.

But yeah, it is my favourite series, so I do like pretty much every chapter, I just find some better than others. And I say different things about what I like about each chapter, because you know, the content in each chapter is different, so I don't see the issue.

Look like its ending soon guys https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/daily-briefs/2018-02-05/tokyo-ghoul-re-manga-has-entered-final-arc/.127420
Feb 6, 2018 1:21 AM
Jul 2018

Will be sad to see it go, but all good things have to come to an end. There's only one more area that the series needs to focus on, that being V, so I can understand there being only one arc left. I just hope all the character arcs are tied up nicely.

KalfKaneda said:
Well touka already know that

Yeah she's really similar to Kaneki so she has a really strong understanding of him. Both were alone for a large periods of their lives, and their abandonment issues created a fear of being alone. She understands his fight to feel needed, to not be left alone, because she's felt the same way.
removed-userFeb 6, 2018 1:25 AM
Feb 6, 2018 3:46 AM
Aug 2017
fullmetal-ghoul said:
keragamming said:

It is nice to see fans like you. Even if, I found something bad, I won't shove it into others' face since I know there would be people who like it unlike some others in this sub-forum (There are some people who get on my nerve here even though I don't even like TG that much to be called a fan). No need to spread the negativity and just enjoy it.
Feb 6, 2018 4:22 AM

Nov 2014
I almost think it's kind of "lost love in bloom again" chapter, lol

To-Do List:

• NOTHING

Feb 6, 2018 4:30 AM

Aug 2016
There you go Kaneki, just keep swimming.
Feb 6, 2018 5:10 AM

Oct 2015
Himawari9 said:
fullmetal-ghoul said:

It is nice to see fans like you. Even if, I found something bad, I won't shove it into others' face since I know there would be people who like it unlike some others in this sub-forum (There are some people who get on my nerve here even though I don't even like TG that much to be called a fan). No need to spread the negativity and just enjoy it.

They are probably the most cool headed major fan you will find here and on the sub Reddit they wont try and attack you as a person for disagreements unlike a certain guy who will rather give you a psyche evaluation then give you a proper argument.
Cyborg_DragonFeb 6, 2018 5:17 AM
Feb 6, 2018 5:23 AM

May 2016
Well that was interesting I would love to have another chapter for this conversation but yeah people probably hate me for saying this.
Feb 6, 2018 5:35 AM

Jan 2010
So, I assume one problem is solved. Kaneki is trying to bear his sins and move forward.
What about the outside? Would the citizen of Tokyo forgive him though?

I was confused when Rize talked about herself as if she's really Rize and not Kaneki's illusion. Then the explanation about all the oggai being part of Rize came up. Eh, I guess the kakuhou also contain the person's memory too? hm

Anyway, we're entering the last arc and the last mystery being V...
I'm more and more suspicious that Hide has something to do with V....
Him in the cover art, and V and Hide both being the last unrevealed mysteries of TG...
Feb 6, 2018 9:31 AM
Jul 2018
Himawari9 said:
fullmetal-ghoul said:

Thanks, I'm glad you feel the same way
Feb 6, 2018 9:45 AM

Dec 2013
Go,keep sweeming kaneki until you have an exit
Feb 6, 2018 9:59 AM

Oct 2017
Cyborg_Dragon said:
Himawari9 said:

They are probably the most cool headed major fan you will find here and on the sub Reddit they wont try and attack you as a person for disagreements unlike a certain guy who will rather give you a psyche evaluation then give you a proper argument.

Lol dude are you talking about bestbrohide
Feb 7, 2018 9:11 AM

Aug 2015
Another great chapter, the ones containing dialogues between Kaneki and Rize have been my favorites ever since the first part. What was said here was mostly things we all knew, but Kaneki saying he's found happiness in his life is beautiful nonetheless.

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓☆ふわふわる▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ふわふわり☆▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

═════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════
      BE KAWAII         
Feb 8, 2018 12:30 PM

Apr 2014
Cyborg_Dragon said:
Himawari9 said:

I'm not sure what you're talking about. I usually get heavily downvoted when I say anything against Touka.
Feb 8, 2018 12:43 PM

Oct 2015
Z4k said:
Cyborg_Dragon said:

I'm not sure what you're talking about. I usually get heavily downvoted when I say anything against Touka.

I was talking about full metal ghoul not the whole subreddit (sorry for my grammer). I usually get downvoted there when I say anything against Furuta and his Keikaku.
Feb 8, 2018 3:21 PM

Mar 2014
Shiiit another perfect chapter. I can't stress enough how much I have loved the last few chapters, mainly because we can finally get to see Kaneki's character more thoroughly. Not that we haven't seen that at all lately, it's just that the plot developments haven't allowed as much room for that as I would have wanted.

Also I feel like there's gonna be trouble during that swim lol, I get that logically Kaneki did all that but my visceral reaction was can that poor guy catch a break lol

Entering the final arc; I suspect this one will be long, which will be good since I want to see what's gonna happen with Hide and V. Although personally I really disliked how Ishida handled the storylines of Arima, V, Kanou and the clowns. Idk. I feel like this was building up to so much more than a few suicides and making Furuta the main villain. But ultimately what I care about the most is the characters so I hope they get the chance to be in the limelight.
Feb 11, 2018 5:50 AM
Oct 2017
I'm a bit late for the discussion, hi guys. Anyway, I felt some satisfaction from this chapter, my only wish would be that it happened before, but the whole Mutsuki chapters were in the way.
Feb 13, 2018 7:01 PM

Mar 2017
I hope this won’t be the last time we see best girl Rize.
Mar 30, 2018 3:52 PM

Jun 2016
"Well watching you drown should also be quite interesting"
haha Rize never stops being a bitch!!!
May 20, 2018 6:53 AM

Feb 2013
He doesn't hate her, how sweet.
Nov 30, 2018 12:15 PM

Feb 2013
It's a pity the real Rize couldn't have a free life like she wanted to.
Jun 6, 2020 2:26 AM

Jun 2017
For me, Rize is much more interesting of a character than Touka.🤔

She got him back. If you understand the characters well enough, you'd know she did!
Jan 15, 2022 5:34 PM

Sep 2014
A real shame we never saw Rize again while she was alive
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Jun 17, 12:03 PM

Aug 2017
Rize instigating into Kaneki's mind part 2. She be cooking heat about her past life and questioning Kaneki's decisions to the point that he became fed up with her lol.
Even though Rize had traumatized Kaneki and almost killed him, he couldn't hate her. Because all of that trauma and suffering made Kaneki the person that he is and made new friends along the way. Kaneki was happy. Moving forward, Kaneki accepts to look past his sins and swim through a sea of blood while Rize watches in amusement.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 53 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Arcanix - Nov 17, 2015

212 by almightybismarck »»
Sep 25, 9:18 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 52 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 7, 2015

155 by almightybismarck »»
Sep 24, 9:15 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 51 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

CharlesMarlow - Oct 30, 2015

116 by almightybismarck »»
Sep 23, 10:54 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 68 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Mech4nic - Mar 12, 2016

128 by 9vash »»
Sep 23, 11:38 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Chapter 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Arcanix - Oct 11, 2014

292 by 9vash »»
Sep 17, 3:24 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.