Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Feb 3, 2018 6:55 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Welp, I don't think Himeko and Yuzu will ever get along well.

I guess they toned down the fan service somewhat although it's still suggestive with the food licking scene. Feels like Mei and Yuzu are getting along better now though. A surprise visitor for Yuzu shows up!
Stark700Feb 3, 2018 7:42 AM
Feb 3, 2018 8:30 AM

Dec 2008
Episode was fine.
It felt a bit odd during the graveyard scene and the train scene, as I expected them to be better scenes when animated. But their manga versions were superior.

Decent episode overall. But things will really pick up in the drama & angst department in episode 7,

Yuzu's side braid was freakin gorgeous tho.
Feb 3, 2018 8:31 AM

Dec 2014
Nice episode.

I was kinda thinking that Momokino/Yuzu's jealousy over Mei was getting a little out of hand but I like how that matter was sorta concluded this episode.

Them train scenes. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

The graveyard visiting was really nice and it was really sweet of Yuzu to realize that Mei needed family more than love and act on that.

Mei's Dad's back? He seems like a fun guy but what was up with that smirk at the end?

Not enough Harumin in this episode. :(
Feb 3, 2018 8:44 AM
Feb 2016
I got annoyed by this episode, Yuzu is thinking only about kissing & doing other stuff with Mei when what she needs is support, she doesn't want to play around
Feb 3, 2018 8:51 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
good fucking lord this is so hot

why does the score keep dropping?

you picky fucks
Feb 3, 2018 9:00 AM

Feb 2016
So Mei's dad shows up, I wonder what he wrote in those letters.

I did not like that look he gave at the end there...
Feb 3, 2018 9:24 AM

Dec 2017
EcchiKingMamster said:

you picky fucks

basically, 'cause it's a yurimouto and the story is lacking something, that's what i've read and heard
Feb 3, 2018 9:34 AM

Dec 2017
not a bad episode, dad's ugly orange pants though, ugh. what a disappointment for Mei

don't feel the passion that i had from reading the manga, sadly. don't plan on dropping it anyway

that drop rate after episode three...
Feb 3, 2018 9:43 AM

Jun 2015
I still don't like Mei, she's annoying. The visit to the graveyard was nice. Yuzu realized Mei needs family, not love. Mei's papa has finally arrived.
Feb 3, 2018 9:56 AM

Dec 2015
LOL, as quickly as the love triangle was created, it got dissolved... Momokino is out of the game!

I am officially done trying to take this show seriously, but that's not necessarily a bad thing.

Citrus thus far has been a show that fails on many fronts to say anything meaningful, even though it had many opportunities and potential themes that could've been focused on and explored to greater lengths to give this show depth. However, I can perfectly accept this show as a somewhat trashy soap-opera/popcorn entertainment that doesn't take itself too seriously. The characters dynamics are enjoyable enough to watch, and nothing plot-wise sticks out as being particularly egregious, albeit shallow. The way the show presents drama is almost comedic at times, and is probably due to how poorly it handles tone shifts.

I guess I just had too high of expectations going in, but I will definitely come back weekly just to see how far this "romance" goes, being pretty much the only thing keeping me from the dropping this show here and now. Its a perfect series to indulge in for its light-hearded, sexy eccentricities after watching anime with some heavy stuff.

Also, the irony in Mei out of all people saying this is truly astounding:

"Anime is trash and so am I."
Feb 3, 2018 10:05 AM

Sep 2017
This was a kinda touching episode. I like Yuzu putting aside her romantic feelings to focus on being a supporting sister to Mei. Thankfully they wrapped up the silly drama with Momo quickly.

I wasn't expecting Mei's dad to show up out of the blue like that. Of course it would be right at the end of the episode focused on dads. He doesn't seem like the type to be the chairman of that school. Maybe that's part of why he took off?
Feb 3, 2018 10:07 AM

Nov 2014
Mei clears up the misunderstanding Yuzu had about her relationship with Himeko, ensuring her that there was nothing between them. Yuzu takes Mei to her father's grave. Involving her in such a personal moment, Mei confides in Yuzu about the relationship with her own father. Seeing how she could be of more benefit to Mei as a sister than as a lover, Yuzu gives up her romantic aspirations—for now.

That was Mei's father at the end? I hope he's not another shit-starter, though he looks like one. Gotta keep that drama quotient up.

Pretty decent episode this week.
Feb 3, 2018 10:10 AM
Oct 2013
I say it was a solid episode, it did good with the adaption. The fanservice is nothing surprising, it is how it is. I don't mind it, yet it is good. The graveyard scene is a nice one too, had me feeling the same way how I read the manga. Also, one thing that made me felt weird is Mei's dad. They made his face look menacing. He doesn't do that in the manga. I hope this is not the point where things go in a different way from the manga. I'm pretty sure it will still go as it was in the manga. I'm sure they're not gonna make him an asshole. He is a kind guy.
Feb 3, 2018 10:11 AM
Jul 2018
I just like that the anime still has comedy elements, just like the manga.
But anyway, I'm looking forward for the Matsuri arc which I guess is going to start in Episode 7/the end of Episode 6.
Oh and I see that one scene of the preview where she said that she wants Yuzu to need her, I liked that scene in the manga hehe
removed-userFeb 3, 2018 10:18 AM
Feb 3, 2018 10:12 AM

Nov 2016
ear licking is hot af

Really good episode,Meis and Yuzus relationship is stable and they're getting along well. Definitely enjoyed their interaction,especially the scene in front of the grave of Yuzus dad.

And an older dude appeared who's called sensei by Mei,looks like things will stir up again soon.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 3, 2018 10:21 AM

Jan 2018
Yuzu and Mei becoming closer and closer each episode, I wonder how long that will last with the other girls around!!

Sensei shows up towards the end, can’t wait for another episode.
Feb 3, 2018 10:42 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Sorreh said:
Some youtubers don't give it a good reputation too.

i will NEVER understand why people change their opinion on an anime based on what a youtuber said as if what they have to say holds anything more than anyone else
Feb 3, 2018 11:06 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Fanservice, exiting and one mistake, great episode!!! kekeke
Feb 3, 2018 11:17 AM
Jan 2018
Decent episode........nice to see they now picking up the speed to cover more....Graveyard scene could have been better....still it was alright

Spoiler:....Yiippee....only 2 episodes away from THAT KISS
Feb 3, 2018 11:26 AM

Mar 2010
don't no but the end scene with Mei's Dad looked to me like a wolf looking at a sheep, also he was kind of casualty molesting Yuzu. it all gave me bad vibes.

PS
also kind of though "what is this turning in to 'Midnight Sleazy Train' ? " at train scene
LF2005Feb 3, 2018 11:31 AM
Feb 3, 2018 11:32 AM

Jul 2015
Oof I love this show
Feb 3, 2018 11:50 AM

Mar 2014
That look her dad gave threw me off since the manga handled it differently ....Yuzu continues to be one of my favorite leads in a romance anime.. Feel bad for her though. She's giving up her love because she thinks Mei needs more family love which is both true and false as people will see coming soon

Aint nothing wrong with being a bit selfish Yuzu
Feb 3, 2018 11:53 AM

Mar 2016
Mei's dad looks really younger, at thay last moment I thought "well, Momokino is out of the equation... let's just add daddy, he is back and fits with the triangle". We'll see where this is going...
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Feb 3, 2018 12:17 PM
Jul 2018
So yuzu mother had a wedding with a person who she has never met. Nicely done!
Feb 3, 2018 12:18 PM

Jul 2014
Hibikase said:

Citrus thus far has been a show that fails on many fronts to say anything meaningful, even though it had many opportunities and potential themes that could've been focused on and explored to greater lengths to give this show depth. However, I can perfectly accept this show as a somewhat trashy soap-opera/popcorn entertainment that doesn't take itself too seriously. The characters dynamics are enjoyable enough to watch, and nothing plot-wise sticks out as being particularly egregious, albeit shallow. The way the show presents drama is almost comedic at times, and is probably due to how poorly it handles tone shifts.

Completely agree with this, especially the last sentence. But I've never wanted to drop it, I mean, despite everything, I have fun. ^^
Feb 3, 2018 12:27 PM
Oct 2017
Shoujo-ai/yuri is cute <3
Feb 3, 2018 12:28 PM

May 2009
I really like the change of tone it's taking and how Mei and Yuzu seem to understand each other a lot better now.

Who even looks at their daughter like that?

He made such a creepy looking smile, I'm not even sure what it was supposed to mean.
Feb 3, 2018 1:13 PM

Sep 2012
DeadlyRaven said:
I really like the change of tone it's taking and how Mei and Yuzu seem to understand each other a lot better now.

He made such a creepy looking smile, I'm not even sure what it was supposed to mean.

I cant remember the exact page from manga but yea that look is kinda weird. Probably something about animation.
Feb 3, 2018 1:18 PM

May 2011
Yuzu went from being really obnoxious. To rather likable. It makes the show so much better when she acts more grounded, even if she's a horn dog that wants to dildo her step-sister.

This episode was really well paced with some not character development.

Mei's dad scares me though. I'm sensing pedo vibes there.
Feb 3, 2018 1:23 PM

Nov 2017
Well i didn't like it . I had no feeling while watching this episode unlike the previous episodes looks like they put so many events in One Episode which makes it a mess
[/URL]
Feb 3, 2018 1:41 PM

May 2009
sasalx said:
DeadlyRaven said:

I cant remember the exact page from manga but yea that look is kinda weird. Probably something about animation.

I really don't know if it's just the animation. He's making some really weird eyes when he sees Mei too.

I feel like I need to pick the manga again now, I'm too curious about what's going on with that. >.>
Feb 3, 2018 1:42 PM

Dec 2008
antabakax said:
I got annoyed by this episode, Yuzu is thinking only about kissing & doing other stuff with Mei when what she needs is support, she doesn't want to play around

I mean, did you watch the entire episode?

Yuzu comes to the realization that what Mei needs is a family more than a lover, which is why she decides to behave more like an older sister, even though that's not what she herself wants.
Feb 3, 2018 1:47 PM

Sep 2015
I thought they were going to go all out this episode but I guess not, this was my second favorite manga chapter (Chapter 6), so it's kinda sad, but I see why they did some of the things they did.

But did they have to cut out this? X_X

Okay, so next episode should be the first climax, and from there, things will get bumpy in many good and weird ways. The only annoying thing will be Matsuri, I just hope they give her less screen time after her the next arc is over. Hopefully, the animation will also get a boost in the ensuing episodes because coming from the manga, quite frankly the art and animation are a bit disappointing, but I do think the sound design and composition make up for a lot of it. If not, I hope it gets fixed in blu-rays cuz I'm buying that shit when FUNimation releases it.

I enjoyed the episode, even as a manga reader, I give a solid 8/10.

Draconix814Feb 3, 2018 2:08 PM
Feb 3, 2018 1:49 PM

Sep 2015
Decent episode, it was enjoyable. But I'm somehow disappointed with how they animated some of the scenes, like the train and the graveyard, which were more powerful in the manga.
And as some people already pointed out, pace was really too fast for the events to have any meaningful impact.

I still have a lot of expectations for "that" scene (next ep or the one after depending on the pacing) so I hope they don't mess it up... Still looking forward to next week !
Feb 3, 2018 1:51 PM

May 2015
DeadlyRaven said:

He looks like the dude who would be stealing the MC's girl in a NTR story. xD

Feb 3, 2018 1:53 PM

Sep 2015
el_morris said:
Mei's dad looks really younger, at thay last moment I thought "well, Momokino is out of the equation... let's just add daddy, he is back and fits with the triangle". We'll see where this is going...

Um, this series is taboo, but it's not THAT taboo my dude. No guys are allowed to be part of the love triangles XD
Feb 3, 2018 1:57 PM

May 2009
Kittens-kun said:
DeadlyRaven said:

He really does, now with 50% more incest.
Feb 3, 2018 1:59 PM

Sep 2015
Kittens-kun said:
DeadlyRaven said:

Now that's a blatant misinterpretation. He's just a cool dude who's looking at his daughter and thinking "Ya gonna speak up anytime kiddo?".
Feb 3, 2018 2:01 PM

Sep 2015
DeadlyRaven said:
Kittens-kun said:

Heh. Don't count on that.
Feb 3, 2018 2:15 PM

May 2009
Draconix814 said:
Kittens-kun said:

Now that's a blatant misinterpretation. He's just a cool dude who's looking at his daughter and thinking "Ya gonna speak up anytime kiddo?".

Yeah, he could be, but it's still really creepy to me.

Draconix814 said:
DeadlyRaven said:

Well, I was making a joke, pretty sure I would stop watching if it ever took that road.
Feb 3, 2018 2:16 PM

Sep 2015
DeadlyRaven said:
Draconix814 said:

Yeah, he could be, but it's still really creepy to me.

Draconix814 said:

Well, I was making a joke, pretty sure I would stop watching if it ever took that road.

Lol I guess you got a point.
Feb 3, 2018 2:40 PM

Jan 2017
Legit, this episode was a bit sensual... Got me a little hot under the collar.
Yuzu was on such a roll an' now she's torn between trying to love Mei's and supporting Mei because she loves her T-T T-T

LEGIT, I thought somebody was gonna get murdered.
Feb 3, 2018 2:48 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
uninstallthegame said:
EcchiKingMamster said:

you picky fucks

basically, 'cause it's a yurimouto and the story is lacking something, that's what i've read and heard

The manga has way more impact with its plot, it is almost 100% the same, but the way it is portrayed along with the art makes the difference!

Still there have been citrus episodes that surpassed the manga, like the last one, this one wasnt has good, sadly they didnt give it enough height to one of my favorite scenes (the graveward where Yuzu cries realizing Mei needs a sister and not a lover).

It was too much to ask to end the episode there, it would have been better if they did but wouldnt be realistic, makes more sense they ended it with the dad showing up.

But it would have been leagues better if they had add a more dramatic song to the graveward conclusion, with Yuzu crying loud and the scene fadding to black, like a moment of silence...

Next episode is going to be soo freaking hot and cute towards the end, I can really see where they will end.
They adapted around 50-55 pages here (1.5 chapter) and next time they will adapt more 55 pages (2 chapters, since one is really shorter).

Lets hope they put proper height to that ending scene, cuz I wanna have my brain melt and have an overdose of diabetes!
Feb 3, 2018 2:53 PM

May 2015
Draconix814 said:
Kittens-kun said:

I'm not shitting on his character or anything. I haven't read the manga, so I have no idea what he's like. I was just making a joke about his appearance in that scene.

Feb 3, 2018 3:10 PM
Dec 2013
I'm gonna start calling this Sexual Assault the TV series
Feb 3, 2018 3:12 PM

Sep 2015
Kittens-kun said:
Draconix814 said:

I'm not shitting on his character or anything. I haven't read the manga, so I have no idea what he's like. I was just making a joke about his appearance in that scene.

I thought it was written on his face but ok
Feb 3, 2018 3:16 PM
Jun 2016
Nice to see the father show up been wondering at times if he even existed heh.
Feb 3, 2018 3:19 PM

Dec 2017
Playcool said:

The manga has way more impact with its plot, it is almost 100% the same, but the way it is portrayed along with the art makes the difference!

Still there have been citrus episodes that surpassed the manga, like the last one, this one wasnt has good, sadly they didnt give it enough height to one of my favorite scenes (the graveward where Yuzu cries realizing Mei needs a sister and not a lover).

It was too much to ask to end the episode there, it would have been better if they did but wouldnt be realistic, makes more sense they ended it with the dad showing up.

But it would have been leagues better if they had add a more dramatic song to the graveward conclusion, with Yuzu crying loud and the scene fadding to black, like a moment of silence...

Next episode is going to be soo freaking hot and cute towards the end, I can really see where they will end.
They adapted around 50-55 pages here (1.5 chapter) and next time they will adapt more 55 pages (2 chapters, since one is really shorter).

Lets hope they put proper height to that ending scene, cuz I wanna have my brain melt and have an overdose of diabetes!

well, that's the problem with manga to anime adaptations, you read the manga and love it. you watch the anime and it seems odd, because it's different from the image you had in your head

at least that's the problem for me, i set the level too high and now it disappoints me
Feb 3, 2018 3:32 PM
Dec 2013
EcchiKingMamster said:

you picky fucks

This show is a mess. It's one of those turn your brain off and just watch it and don't question what you see shows.

It's a chain of psychologically unhealthy people in unhealthy relationships. Mei is to me the major issue with the show. I've watched all the episodes and honestly I can't really tell where she stands on her supposed step sister's lust for her. Her kissing her sister seems completely out of character for her.

Honestly if all the romance on one sides romance was removed from this show and it was just about step sisters bonding and growing closer it would be a much better show.

Either that are remove the step sister aspect and have it be a pure romance show without the family concept.
Feb 3, 2018 3:43 PM

Jan 2018
Mei's dad had a really scary look at the end.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Any hope for season 2?

DwaipayanH - Mar 3

15 by Sammango »»
Mar 8, 5:01 PM

Poll: » Citrus Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 24, 2018

108 by JeremiahOrange »»
Jan 31, 4:13 AM

» prediction: your first reaction will be "I'm disappointed" ( 1 2 )

GangsterCat - Nov 28, 2016

60 by Daviljoe193 »»
Dec 24, 2023 8:15 PM

Poll: » Citrus Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2018

200 by Daviljoe193 »»
Dec 24, 2023 8:10 PM

Poll: » Citrus Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 10, 2018

157 by Daviljoe193 »»
Dec 22, 2023 1:18 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.