Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Dec 3, 2017 8:58 AM

Nov 2011
How much sweetness, melancholy and construction there is in this episode. I found it pleasant to have shown another piece of the places where the story takes place, as I found the narrative interesting when he focused his attention on the relationship between Ulysse and Chise and between Elias and Chise. The icing on the cake was also the time to show off a new character and give space to Angelica's reflections on how to interpret Chise's life. This time there was also space for Silky, yay! Excellent soundtrack.
Dec 3, 2017 9:56 AM

Dec 2014
All the chibi scenes really ruin the atmosphere that this show has. It makes enjoying it difficult since every time I'm getting absorbed into it they do these dumb gags. Ugh it sucks!
Dec 3, 2017 11:45 AM

Feb 2014
This was more of a slice-of-life type of episode, but I really enjoyed it nonetheless. =)

I really liked the chemistry between Chise and Ruth throughout the episode, along with the re-appearance of Angelica. I couldn't help but notice multiple things during Chise, Ruth and Angelica's visit to the town.

Not only did the bus they used looked similar to the picture above from the front only as well as the paint, but I wonder if this anime is based around Gloucestershire by any chance?

I'm also thinking that I might be the only one here who likes the chibi funny moments that appear out of nowhere. Sure, it can be a little hit and miss at times, but I do find a lot of them to be amusing and it barely ruins the mood for me. ^_^;

Either way, I'm looking forward to the return of the dragons next week. =)
Dec 3, 2017 12:06 PM

Nov 2012
Something about this show frustrates me but I cant put my finger on what it is. Maybe because it seems like things are happening but in reality there isn't really much going on, or maybe because the show has really slow pacing to the point where its hard for me to stay interested even though I want to know more? I like this show but something is keeping me from REALLY liking it.
Dec 3, 2017 2:18 PM

Oct 2013
Don't be fooled by that Vampire's sexy outfit...once her story is completed you will all cry.

___
Also, Chise is starting to change, at first she was mentally broken, then she started to take care of herself, now, she wants to know the truth behind Elias.

Ah, I love this adaption. Is as good as the manga itself.
Dec 3, 2017 2:59 PM

Jun 2017
Zahylon said:
Don't be fooled by that Vampire's sexy outfit...once her story is completed you will all cry.

___
Also, Chise is starting to change, at first she was mentally broken, then she started to take care of herself, now, she wants to know the truth behind Elias.

Ah, I love this adaption. Is as good as the manga itself.

I know right, that feel train is gonna be a strong impact one.
Dec 3, 2017 3:27 PM
Jul 2016
Vivir said:
Sigh, now for the rant. Ahem, so the Ass!Fairy turned out to be far far far worse then I originally thought from last episodes preview. She's actually a freaken T&A!Fairy who barely wears clothes that actually fit. For F sake, her tits look like they would fall out if her "bra" wasn't glued on. Her "panties" that looked like it wanted to be a thong didn't even make it past her ass crack. To top it off she drapes herself around the old man like she's freaking scarf. She poses in the most dumbest ways AND she does one of my most hated pet peeves (along with everything else) of forcing kisses on people without consent. Ugh!
They even WANT you to like her and see her cuddling the old man as "cute" but it comes off as ridiculously stupid because you can't take her seriously, at all. It's frustrating and sad because it could have been a nice scene if she wasn't a walking boner.

Well, i mean, she is a succubus and all, what did you expect? And while i also found her story the weakest part of this episode, judging from other peoples posts, there is much more to her character, meaning we can expect a good story in the future.
MouloxasDec 4, 2017 12:36 AM
Dec 3, 2017 4:35 PM

Mar 2016
The vampire...really? I don't understand her outfit. So does she love Elias or is it a dependent relationship like she says?
Dec 3, 2017 6:23 PM

Jan 2008
Enjoy these kind of episodes.

Many lols when the priest said he didn't know where Elias was and Chise was already across the hill. Arigatou gozaimashitaaaaaaa~

Think this is the first time I've ever seen Leanan Sidhe used in anything outside of Persona games. Nice babydoll lingerie.
Dec 3, 2017 7:15 PM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
The relationship between that Vampire and that old man is really heartwarming, I misjudged her hehe~

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Dec 3, 2017 11:00 PM

Aug 2013
Pretty sure sexy vampire with her 3 minutes of screen time just became one of my favorite characters next to TITania.... for obvious reasons...
Dec 4, 2017 12:35 AM
Jul 2016
Takishima_Eli said:
So does she love Elias or is it a dependent relationship like she says?

Think of Chise's relationship with Elias as something with similarities to Stockholm syndrome.
Dec 4, 2017 3:55 AM

Jun 2016
Ugh. It warms my heart seeing Chise being so in love with Elias. Jeez. Poor Elias. It took a toll on him after the transformation he did. Same, Chise. I wanna know more about Elias, too.

Ruth is so adorable this episode. I need my own Ruth. Hihi. :3 Silky is so weird and mysterious, yet so adorable.

Hisashiburi, Angelica-san! Aww she and Chise spent the time together. Cutesy. And Chise somehow got offended and angry after Angelica told her she's being so dependent with Elias. Lmao.

Gah. That part with the vampire lady and the old man. It frustrates me seeing that they'll never end up together. ;-; Little did he know, he's being watched and protected by the lady he saw in his garden for all these years. The feels. ;-;

We had a brief shoujo-ai scene, minna! Hahaha.

Ohmygod. We're back to the dragons next episode? Waaaaaah! DRAGOOOOOOOOONS!

5/5 as always. ❤

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Dec 4, 2017 4:01 AM

Apr 2014
Meta_Yoshi said:

Not only did the bus they used looked similar to the picture above from the front only as well as the paint, but I wonder if this anime is based around Gloucestershire by any chance?

Yes - there were in Bourton-on-the-Water in this episode. I've squared up the screenshots and photos of the place here: https://steepholm.livejournal.com/511830.html
"Burn this sight into your minds. This is what it means to be a magical girl."
Dec 4, 2017 6:34 AM

Sep 2017
so i had a question, was ruth actually a dog who came back in human form for some reasons ?..
Dec 4, 2017 11:38 AM

Nov 2013
Meta_Yoshi said:

I'm also thinking that I might be the only one here who likes the chibi funny moments that appear out of nowhere.

You're not the only one, I like them as well and I know other people do too. It really comes down to personal opinion at the end of the day.

Salamak said:
so i had a question, was ruth actually a dog who came back in human form for some reasons ?..

He was a normal dog that waited at Isabelle's grave until he died and then turned into a fairy (Black Dog/Church Grim). He was confused at first thinking he was human because he just had awakened and gained the ability to take human form and from his dog-point of view he always saw himself as her 'brother'.
Dec 4, 2017 1:00 PM

Nov 2008
another good episode, my favorite part was when silky was outside of elias's room with the hammer in hand and ruth looking worried.

Dec 4, 2017 1:54 PM

Jul 2009
I guess Chise might go to school, coz in the OP we have her wearing a sailor suit.

It was fun to see Chise and Ruth exploring!
Dec 4, 2017 2:28 PM

Nov 2008
this part was good too

Dec 4, 2017 2:42 PM
Dec 4, 2017 2:57 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Yes, it was a surprise too!!!
Dec 4, 2017 3:57 PM
Apr 2016
Salamak said:

not the only one XD
i like them as well~

chibi moment is kind of a breather for me..... does breather is a word?
sorry i'm not fluent in english >.<
Dec 4, 2017 7:16 PM

Sep 2017
Mystearia said:
Salamak said:

not the only one XD
i like them as well~

chibi moment is kind of a breather for me..... does breather is a word?
sorry i'm not fluent in english >.<
you qouted the wrong person :)
I really like chibi moments too they're really cute! But some of them were a bit out of place this episode..but they're super cute in general.
Dec 5, 2017 12:25 AM

Oct 2008
Chise's totally caring for Elias...it's quickly leveling-up!
Why does Hayami Saori got to voice a not so important character? or I might be wrong cuz maybe Redcurrant is also a significant part of this show...btw she's hot! almost no clothes!
pouting (bit angry) Chise is so adorable!
4/5.

Dec 6, 2017 9:43 AM

Aug 2015
Wooow, that vampire is so beautiful *-* so cute and romantic ;-; Aaaaah!!! Another beautiful and emotional episode.
Dec 6, 2017 10:11 AM

Apr 2015
Mahoyome is better in its SOL parts imo.
Dec 6, 2017 1:09 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Although the episode ended the episode with the invitation to travel to the Dragon´s land!!!!
Dec 7, 2017 12:31 AM
Dec 2012
I wasn't sure about the chibi scenes at first, but it's really grown on me.
Dec 7, 2017 6:33 AM

Jun 2008
Takishima_Eli said:
The vampire...really? I don't understand her outfit. So does she love Elias or is it a dependent relationship like she says?

Her fairy species was a magical being more like Vampire mixed with Succubus. The vampire part is that she sucks blood, the succubus part is precisely that outfit, because succubus are sexual beings that suck energy from seduction/sex.

Both? I guess its something like Beauty and the Beast...Chise fell in love with his kindness...and yeah also dependent yes, because she had nothing and she held on to him in order to survive...it's called Stockholm syndrome.

I like the show and the characters but, well, I might be the only one who doesn't ship Elias x Chise. The part where Elias almost struggled to not literally eat Chise made me shiver, it was gross. Human-like supernatural beings Eating people was the reason why I was never able to keep watching Tokyo Ghoul...

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Dec 8, 2017 1:20 AM
Oct 2015
Once again, an amazing episode, aside from that I can't watch until the next plot twist or enticing cliffhanger.
Heckle was here...
Dec 8, 2017 7:27 AM

Oct 2015
I am loving the lore so far in the anime. Great SoL episode and dragon again next episode.
Dec 8, 2017 5:09 PM
Jul 2016
i like the b o n e y s n e k d a d d y
7fwk7wDec 8, 2017 5:12 PM
Dec 11, 2017 3:45 PM

Aug 2016
Relaxed episode with a touch of Slice of life, marked by beautiful scenes with the unique animation that characterizes this anime...

I'm very surprised by the great work Wit Studio is doing to make the story 100% similar to manga. I have faith that this point will remain during the time.

5/5

Dec 18, 2017 7:55 AM

Sep 2015
Every now and then. You have to take a break and take stock of where the characters and plot are all at right? I really enjoyed this episode. It was a bit of a filler/in between episode. But it used that time to build more chemistry and story between Chise and Ruth. And slowly add more fuel to the mystery box fire, surrounding Elias is true nature. Not everything worked. Silky and Ruth waiting outside Elias is room was strange and tone deaf for instance. But the conclusion between Elias and Chise validated the entire affair. Guess now that the story's circled back to Elias' house. We gotta start the cycle and go visit the dragons again. It hasn't 100% won me over yet. But I still think this series is solid and with even greater potential.
Dec 19, 2017 1:29 PM

Mar 2012
I can't take this whole Chise x Elias thing seriously when Elias is some weird ass demon beast. The way she reacts to his transformed/true form is completely unrealistic. This chick has some serious issues.
Dec 20, 2017 12:08 PM

Jul 2017
Man, this anime is so well researched... it makes me happy.
Mythological references everywhere, not to talk about the details on the architecture, the textures, the food, the layout of the house, even the flora. So many details to look at and fawn over!
Dec 26, 2017 9:35 PM

Jan 2015
Chise is becoming more and more attached. This story with Joel really touched me. Can't wait for what's to come.
Dec 27, 2017 2:03 PM

Jul 2012
I don't have much to say; just a lot of questions! I'll probably watch the OVAs soon.
Dec 28, 2017 3:04 AM

Mar 2017
The artwork and soundtrack for this show is great, but 9 episodes in, I am really struggling to see what else is entertaining about this anime. I think this will have to be my first dropped show.

No disrespect intended to those that love it. I hope you enjoy the rest.
Jan 6, 2018 4:27 AM

Aug 2013
Love how ruth is so overprotective.

The scene with Silky holding the hammer was amusing.

A nice episode.

Jan 9, 2018 3:52 PM
Jan 2017
Chise seemed... Different, in a good way
Feb 14, 2018 4:55 PM

Sep 2011
The chibi comedy scenes are so random and out of place, but I really like them :'D They ease the serious tone even if they feel random.
Mar 20, 2018 12:43 AM

Jun 2009
No matter what you say, the dog's name is totally "Lutz".
Aug 9, 2018 9:27 PM

May 2012
Very lovely episode again, especially that ending! Looking forwards to see what's next.
Sep 12, 2018 7:08 PM

Oct 2013
The series' author certainly did his research going into this. The references and inspirations to folklore are boundless.

The succubus makes my penis... the big penis.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Oct 18, 2018 10:02 AM

May 2013
D'aawwwhhhhh, that little vampire was so sexy and adorable at the same time TTATT She also stole Chise's first kiss! LMFAO. That's what you get for letting this drag, Elias! Suffer your consequences lololollll xD

Silky is such a sweetheart. Good lookin' out, mama <3
Oct 23, 2018 6:45 PM

Feb 2012
Realistic British bus stop signs, creators did their research
Why did Chise say Ruth shrunk, is he bigger in dog form?
What was Chise about ask the vampire before the kiss, the last word was cut off "Io..." or "lo..."?

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Nov 9, 2018 6:13 PM

Apr 2015
Chise is straight turned on by Elias' monster form. "Kill me with your monstrous limbs, I don't give a fuck."

That succubus was amazing. The way this show handles fanservice is interesting - they won't even show an outline of Chise's breasts in the bath, yet when it comes to more sexually forward girls, they walk around with it all hanging out.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Jan 5, 2019 11:30 AM
Sep 2018
for those that are wondering this episode takes place in Bourton on the water, Gloucestershire. it's a nice village would recommend fellow Brits to visit
May 20, 2019 12:41 AM

Sep 2012
Mouloxas said:
Takishima_Eli said:
So does she love Elias or is it a dependent relationship like she says?

Think of Chise's relationship with Elias as something with similarities to Stockholm syndrome.

at first yes, but she is dev real feelings for him slowly
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahoutsukai no Yome Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Mills - Jul 26, 2017

376 by SingingDove »»
Jul 12, 4:34 AM

Poll: » Mahoutsukai no Yome Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2018

267 by animeciyusuf020 »»
Jun 23, 3:08 AM

Poll: » Mahoutsukai no Yome Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2018

108 by Shocked »»
Jun 16, 7:46 PM

Poll: » Mahoutsukai no Yome Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 3, 2018

111 by Shocked »»
Jun 16, 7:38 PM

Poll: » Mahoutsukai no Yome Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 27, 2018

93 by Shocked »»
Jun 16, 5:04 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.