Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Oct 10, 2017 10:04 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hmm, the animation qualty is what I had expected from an adaptation like this. Just so-so...as in not very good.

I think this is a rather moody show with the Net Addiction theme going on that affects some of the characters. The way it explores social issues has a good amount of psychology to it.

On the other hand, this show doesn't feel like it's for everyone.
Stark700Oct 11, 2017 8:26 AM
Oct 10, 2017 11:51 AM

Jun 2015
This is a rather extreme way to reform kids from net addiction. There's a lot of people at that school. Hibiki was about to jump, but Shin stopped him and asked him to join him. The instructors didn't do anything to them. That's interesting.
Oct 10, 2017 12:02 PM

Nov 2016
Interesting start, this show is definitely a breath of fresh air,looking forward to more.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 10, 2017 12:03 PM

Sep 2017
Nice first episode! Still better than Ousama game Lol. :v
I'm gay.
Oct 10, 2017 12:05 PM

Oct 2014
Wow, the characters are all assholes, but they’re well written so far.
The concept is really interesting… and horrifyingly plausible.
I’m excited to see where this goes.
Oct 10, 2017 12:14 PM
Aug 2015
Does anybody know what game at the beginning was? Thought at first its an product placement from tencent because theyre somehow partners of this anime.
Oct 10, 2017 12:23 PM
Apr 2016
Just to clarify, this studio is simply adapting Chinese stuff into Japanese animations, and this is one of them, right?
Re:formed
Oct 10, 2017 1:11 PM

Jan 2014
The animation is pretty damn bad, but it's nothing compared to the protagonist. Search up wimpy and pathetic in the dictionary and he is what appears. From his gestures, design, what he says, and his fucking voice tho. His voice sounds so fucking wimp.

Also what's with that random "comedic" shit? That was out of nowhere and so lame. How did he even get away with 2 of the instructors walking behind him?

I know I am repeating myself here but how irritating and pathetic is that protagonist? From the "I have been transporting to a game world" to that chuckling because of him thinking about getting laid with his middle school classmate, it is the most cringe shit I ever seen in anime. Reminds me of Makoto from School Days except this protag is even more pathetic and gets no pussy.
Oct 10, 2017 1:17 PM

Nov 2007
I think it is a nice start. It has some potential. Set up with camp for Internet addicts looks promising.

The scene with mistaking that guy with a girl was awkward, I feel it didn't belong here. Quick cut scenes with real photographs were weird. I suppose they had to bring some anxiety, but it wasn't convincing.

Let's see where it gets us. What does becoming a dog mean exactly? Will the main character get that cutie? What will be the costs? It may be a pretty good story.

4/5
Oct 10, 2017 1:48 PM
Jul 2018
That was intense. I have a feeling that the teenagers will rebel against the school at some point.
Oct 10, 2017 2:11 PM

May 2015
Nice 1st episode, this show is fucking real at this time.
Oct 10, 2017 2:40 PM

Jun 2014
Probably the best anime so far this season.
Oct 10, 2017 3:07 PM

Nov 2015
I actually enjoyed the first episode. Shin looks like Shinji from Fate/, and the "comedic fight segment" was a little out of place, but it didn't surprise me since they also made Fox Spirit Matchmaker. I'll keep watching this.
Oct 10, 2017 3:25 PM

Oct 2008
I don't know what to say since i can't feel who's who the protagonist here...
3/5.

Oct 10, 2017 3:26 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
It was surprisingly ok for a chinese anime. The MC is a lil bitch, some comedy moments were pretty bad and the animation was average af but still, it actually picked my interest to at least give it the 3 episode test.

Also, here's the OP :
Oct 10, 2017 3:46 PM

Aug 2013
It was okay, seems interesting.

Throwing those who have "Net Addiction" in a school that is like a prison and beating them up in the name of rehabilitation is fucked up.

Oct 10, 2017 4:33 PM

Jul 2012
Oh man, I would actually give this a 10/10 right now if they did all that epic and dark introduction and then showed that the kids were all sent to a farm. To do some farming, tend some crops, wake up 5 in the morning, way from the city and the internet. That would ultimate despair right there.
Main character is annoying af.
So...how is this going to make them stop the internet addiction? O-O

Oh well, trying this out anyway.

Oct 10, 2017 4:43 PM
Jul 2017
seems interesting, mc is a whimp, but Shin will make this little duo interesting. Curious to see how the series will pan out. I can see three outcoms. The first they gather allies and murder their way to freedom or they try to escape. Or third, they will just show the inside of the prison and the plot will be more settled around the enviroment with the different characters inside this hell and how they will evolve with the plot.
Oct 10, 2017 5:01 PM

Jun 2017
I was about to call the very concept utterly ridiculous, but apparently there IS a boot camp for Internet addicts in China. The more you know, I guess.

Seems pretty mediocre, but it is a Chinese anime so I suppose that's to be expected. I am a bit curious though so I'll probably check out the next few episodes.
Snot-nosed_BratOct 10, 2017 5:04 PM
Oct 10, 2017 5:26 PM

Jul 2010
I don't know what to say about this episode. Not bad not good. Average~ I think... Psychological mood is only interesting thing in the first episode.
Oct 10, 2017 5:26 PM
Nov 2015
Had I to guess, I would guess that this show is going to be two things in equal measure:
1.) Utter Hot Garbage
2.) Extremely Entertaining.

If anybody watched Bloodivores from the same studio, it was basically the same setup and was so bad that it was kind of a masterpiece. Here's hoping that this one is just as tragically hilarious.
Oct 10, 2017 5:44 PM
Jul 2018
What was this, what did I watch? Live action / real pictures inbetween? ôo
And that's moralizing af to the "video games are bad!"-direction and also ridiculous. "They play too much computer games. Let's make them play... something similar to the Hunger Games muahaha!"

AniMatt17 said:
I was about to call the very concept utterly ridiculous, but apparently there IS a boot camp for Internet addicts in China. The more you know, I guess.

Wtf?
Oct 10, 2017 6:27 PM

Feb 2013
If you can't Beat them Beat them. They may have taken that a little to hard.

But hey the show starts the same way as Btooom. Get a few bombs in this show I am in.

Internet addiction show while watching it on the internet.
PoisonedTeaOct 10, 2017 6:32 PM
Oct 10, 2017 7:11 PM

Aug 2009
Kinda trashy tbh, not really much to keep me interested.

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Oct 10, 2017 7:41 PM

Jul 2016
this is a chinese anime? i had no idea.
honestly wasn't what i was expecting from the cover and title, i believed that it was going to be a classroom assassination murder sort of anime but it's a bootcamp for internet addicts. i thought i wasn't disappointed, but i kind of was disappointed... until shin said that he claimed hibiki as his dog. then i was like all aboard the train, i'll give it a try. because what does that mean? does every higher rank/higher in seniority inmate help a newbie and that means something or what? i just can't get over how ugly shin looks though. he looks so off and plastic compared to everyone else, not charismatic at all. kinda like someone separate from the main animation team solely animated shin.
Oct 10, 2017 7:47 PM
Sep 2017
BlackstarFallen said:
This is a rather extreme way to reform kids from net addiction.

The internet addiction boot camps in China are controversial as well. Because you have kids with extreme addictions that can be compared to drugs but then there's the way these kids are treated at the camps.
There was a kid who died within 2 days of being sent there due to a huge amount of injuries.

The anime is alright so far, but I probably won't drop this one because I'm curious to see how the MC and plot will turn out.
Oct 10, 2017 7:59 PM

Nov 2013
Basically Boot Camp The Animation.

I don't know how to feel about it yet. It is somehow realistic, but at the same time it doesn't get the mood right. The comedic fight on the roof is partly to blame for that.

About the promise to be able to lay the girl, I don't like where this is (probably) going.

Either way, I'll watch episode 2 to see where this is going.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Oct 10, 2017 8:34 PM
Nov 2015
I don't think this is a show for just anyone. Not everyone will see the genius this is (or hopefully potentially is)

I love it so far. To take our social issue of how our society is basically addicted to the internet and exaggerate it like that. It has that utopian/dystopian thing going and I usually enjoy things like that. I think this show has great potential.

I love shin's (I believe that's what his name is) character already. You can tell he has connections. My guess is to whoever was in the chair at the end. I can't wait to seeing what being his dog will entail and possibly seeing shin's backstory.
Oct 10, 2017 9:16 PM

Nov 2012
Well, this was interesting. I'm curious to see where this will end up going. I already like Shin's cahracter
Oct 10, 2017 10:24 PM

Nov 2016
so this is a prison break anime?
Oct 10, 2017 10:32 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
The last part with Shin was kinda intriguing.....This isn't my type of show but I'm curious to find out the inner workings of this facility and why Shin has so much clout, so I'll still around for a bit
Oct 10, 2017 10:33 PM

Dec 2014
hmmm the concept is good ..and the profanity was ok I guess
Oct 11, 2017 12:52 AM

May 2015
Seems like an interesting series. I like the idea of a prison school for Otaku/NEET people. I hate the main character since he's a whiny little b boy. Shin is an interesting guy, wonder what kind of power he has in that school to stand up to the instructor.

One thing that I didn't care for was how creepy all the guys are about girls. This is probably going to grow into something unpleasant...

I thought the real life shots were a bit...jarring. Took you out of the story.
(>'.')> I have Aspergers (Autism), so if I say something "rude" it doesn't mean I'm trying to be mean or rude! I state my mind and say things bluntly, I don't have a built in filter on what I say. So please don't jump to conclusions! <('.'<)
Oct 11, 2017 2:49 AM
Jan 2017
oh chinese anime again not interesting at all
Oct 11, 2017 3:27 AM

Nov 2015
Its fine, just mc is another retarded kid, i thought initially with those letters appearing this is reality and run away, that he would be totally outa reality, and do some hardcore shit, and maybe see things differently than they are normally, i sorta imagined something along the lines "Mr Robot". So it was quite disappointing when he did those normal stuff like retarded kid.
Oct 11, 2017 3:56 AM

Jun 2015
Decent start, at least enough to keep me going. Will see how this goes.. although Im surprised its a full length (in terms of duration) as i thought the premise makes it kinda hard to stretch... perhaps lots of twists in store.

Oct 11, 2017 4:56 AM

Feb 2015
Meh, it was okay, I guess. I'm holding out my opinion till I finish 3 episodes. For now, all I can say is I was a tad bit disappointed with the atmosphere. The PV made it seem like it'd all be heavy and serious, but surprisingly, it wasn't. And those photographs incorporated in the anime itself were probably there to "add" to the atmosphere and yeah, basically give out the feeling of dread or something, but they kinda failed, I think? Well, in my case, that is. I think the photos also served as euphemisms of some sort to what was in the MC's mind. Like, at the roof, there were pictures of red paint and dolls with ropes around their necks, implying that in the MC's mind, he was imagining, well, dying. Just like everyone else, I didn't like the MC. He seems like that generic pathetic and idiotic protag who messes shit up but eventually supposedly "grows" into a strong character both physically and mentally idk. I saw the opening on YT with subs and though the music is my type, I felt like the show's trying a bit too hard to come off as hardcore. :/ Is it just me?
Oct 11, 2017 5:00 AM
Jul 2018
Oh wow, I might like this anime. Still need to watch a few episodes first tho.

Oct 11, 2017 5:27 AM

Mar 2016
Wow... what a bad, bad topic to discuss. The people who are addicted to the internet are sent to a rehab school and then even beaten by the instructor. Funny thing is, they don't need to be in this rehab school. They need something to do with mental health. I guess I'll continue.
Oct 11, 2017 5:38 AM
Jul 2017
The plot is so bad. I can't. XD!!! If they want to make a comment about internet addiction, they need to put in more effort than all that edge education they're putting. There are so many ways to do this anime right and this was a really bad start. I feel bad.

The whole homo thing with Shin and Hibiki is so lame... yet I laughed so hard.

On a more serious note, I remember watching a documentary about a school in China meant to correct undisciplined children through harsh conditions and training, kinda similar to this one. That documentary was loads more entertaining than this even though I last watched it almost 9 years ago.

Oh well, too bad. Ucchiyama-san is a beloved favorite of mine too. If I could, I'd watch anything he's in, but not every anime talented seiyuus are in are good, something I learned from watching Dive. Maybe I'll give this the 3 episode rule. If The Reflection taught me anything, it's that masochism will not make an anime better.
Oct 11, 2017 5:54 AM

Oct 2016
There are people who think this show is good?.. Didn't think that was possible.

妾はアステマ, 荒廃の天使
Oct 11, 2017 6:30 AM
Oct 2017
Look, I don't know why anyone would think this anime is doing boot camp promotion.

The headmistress literally said "Try not to damage any faces. Their parents will visit next month."
And Shin with the quote "shady illegal activities".

Definitely the correct way ┑( ̄Д  ̄)┍
Oct 11, 2017 6:37 AM

Sep 2017
It has quite an interesting premise... Reminds me of Rainbow but a bit less serious. Let's see what it does with it, because so far the animation is so-so. However, I find interesting how it uses live-action pictures and intertitles.

This first episode sets up the school and the student's problems well enough, and I'm curious to see what Shin is up to and why our MC's crush ended up in that hellhole.
Oct 11, 2017 7:11 AM

Dec 2008
After the synopsis I thought this is gonna be wild and interesting, but turned out quite dull. 1st ep is a crucial setting, a stage for intrigue, smth to look forward to, but there wasn't anything in here. I will be patient an see another 2 - 3 eps to see what happens, but for now I'm not into it at all.
Oct 11, 2017 7:30 AM

Jun 2016
That was an okay episode. Lmfao. The animation quality bothered me, though.

This anime's world is what 99.9% of us don't want to become a reality. Most likely, most of us are gonna be in that school. Lmfao.

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Oct 11, 2017 9:11 AM
Jul 2018
As soon as i saw "Emon" as the producer, i know this anime isn't good and i'm right (again).
But there's thin chance the story will be better, so i will continue watch few episodes.
Oct 11, 2017 9:23 AM

Jan 2010
lol, this show is so weird and fucked up. It could go either way, I hope it's so bad it turns good.
(|__/) Never give up, aim for the top!
(='.'=) Top wo nerae!
o(")(") Anime music: http://myanimelist.net/blog.php?eid=777199
Oct 11, 2017 9:50 AM
Mar 2015
So far it's okay, hope it gets epic featuring the prisoners trying to escape from that place.. plus the characters seems interesting enough.
Oct 11, 2017 10:11 AM

Jun 2015
What a delicious treat this show is!
I loved the atmosphere it was so dark horror like also so weird and there wasnt a single boring moment! Also really nailed the sound/music as well ,perfect fit!
Impressed! Most interesting show in the season for me
Swim_SwimOct 11, 2017 10:15 AM
Oct 11, 2017 10:34 AM

Jun 2012
Anyway, ambiance was good.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Evil or Live Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 2, 2018

77 by world_god »»
Dec 14, 2023 11:39 AM

Poll: » Evil or Live Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 26, 2017

18 by alteredsnow »»
Jul 23, 2022 3:27 PM

Poll: » Evil or Live Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2017

11 by alteredsnow »»
Jul 23, 2022 2:05 PM

Poll: » Evil or Live Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2017

24 by alteredsnow »»
Jul 23, 2022 1:13 PM

Poll: » Evil or Live Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 14, 2017

30 by alteredsnow »»
Jul 23, 2022 12:23 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.