Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Nov 23, 2014 6:24 PM

Aug 2012
I am still more or less entertained, that is all I can say. That 'resolution' between the two wasn't necessarily bad, but it certainly wasn't good either.
Nov 24, 2014 5:15 AM

Sep 2008
You know, when this show is not taking itself seriously and is doing over-the-top things, I'm rather enjoying it.

However, when it tries being all serious and stuff it bores me out of my mind. If only it remained over-the-top even during "serious" moments I'd actually say it's fine.

But noooo, they have to try being all adult and mature and whatever. Frack it. Not like I care, ff button exists for a reason.
Nov 24, 2014 12:22 PM

Nov 2014
Boring, bland and overall basement otaku fap material.
Nov 24, 2014 2:57 PM
May 2014
Mister_Machismo said:

I disagree, but it is a matter of opinion. I'm enjoying this series myself though.

There's always Love Stage, Junjou Romantica and similiar if you like that kind, alternatively you
could go for Grave of the Fireflies, Saikano*, or something like that.

*Saikano (+ OVA) is one of the best series I've ever watched..and one of the most depressing ones.
konatachan80Nov 24, 2014 5:14 PM
Have faith in the Lord Fifth, gain eternal life! When the Lord Fifth appears, who dares to cause strife!
-- Lord fifth
Nov 24, 2014 3:40 PM

Apr 2012
Finally Hilda and Ange get along.... sort of.

Hilda seems to be the focus next ep...

pero pero!
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

Nov 24, 2014 5:02 PM

Jul 2010
I see a lot of people hating on this anime, bad rating etc but for some reason I enjoy it atleast.
Nov 24, 2014 8:38 PM

Aug 2008
So Hilda just with Zola for convenience? Plot is progressing. This is surprisingly turn out to be better show than I thought.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Nov 24, 2014 8:44 PM

Oct 2013
Really liking the the dynamics between Ange & Hilda. There's no instant "let's be friends now" thing. But having the same wish of escaping and being somewhat similar in putting up with a lot of crap in order to eventually achieve their goals is sometimes enough to make two such people who were at each others' throats cooperate . They still wouldn't be considered friends, but I believe they now have some mutual respect for each other or more like,Ange respects Hilda more now after hearing how badly she wanted to escape,seeing her determination & such. Hilda probably already had some form of respect for Ange before,as her attempts to put her down were out of envy.
Nov 25, 2014 2:26 AM

Sep 2014
Good episode the best so far imo hopefully it stays this way
Nov 25, 2014 8:30 AM

Dec 2007
Lichtspiel said:
A boob game, huh...
Surprised?

From the start i've been saying that the story in this show is pretty well... planned. I dare not say written, because most of the details are never better than mediocre, but the direction and pace at which the overarcing story unfolds is very competent. But i think i've started to realize that it also doesn't do anything interesting. Nothing surprising ever happens. The story isn't really imaginative, so it becomes somewhat predictable and boring. Which i find weird, because it didn't start out like that. At the begining they ruthlessly killed off two little girls and the squad commander. The kids dying was predictable too, but at least it was kind of bold. Zola dying was "safe" in a way since it removed the biggest struggle that Ange had, thus making her development easier, but it was a thing that happened that greatly impacted the story, and that easily could have gone in another direction. After that the story has progressed, but not much has happened. You know?

There has been a li'l bit of inconsistency in this show. I complained in the first episode how this utopia can be so uncompromisingly racist. When Ange was revealed as a norma all her fans were like "Yuck. Well now i don't like her anymore." But now we've seen several people who still adore and respect her after this revelation. Momoka and Sylvia make sense because they're all family, but now this Misty shows up and also doesn't really mind that she's a norma. I posit once again: is there really no civil rights movement in the world of magic? I can't believe that it's a perfect society and a totalitarian hush-machine at the same time.

This episode was alright, though as i said before, fairly predictable. There were two things that stood out to me. 1: Rosalie still dislikes Ange even though she thanked her for saving her life in the last episode. Is that inconsistent development? Is that... i don't know. What is it? Is their intention to paint this character as a insecure bitch who can't forget grudges even after admiting that she was wrong? Or maybe it's just that Ange kept being rude to her, so she got pissed at her again. This doesn't really matter, it was just something i noticed.

2: I liked Ange's outfit in the very end. She actually looked cool for once! It looked like her clothes were fit for purpose. I never expected that to happen.
Nov 25, 2014 10:16 AM

Aug 2014
Volbla said:
1: Rosalie still dislikes Ange even though she thanked her for saving her life in the last episode. Is that inconsistent development? Is that... i don't know. What is it? Is their intention to paint this character as a insecure bitch who can't forget grudges even after admiting that she was wrong? Or maybe it's just that Ange kept being rude to her, so she got pissed at her again. This doesn't really matter, it was just something i noticed.

She's obviously tsundere. She forewent the malice, but can't outright say that she likes Ange.
Sieg Zeon!
Nov 25, 2014 3:18 PM

Apr 2010
I really liked the second part of this episode i didn't expect this development.
While i know that we would see more of Ange's home country and that something bad happened with it, i did not expect that Ange would go there the way she did.
I was expecting she would go there in a different mater that's why i love this development i think it's very exciting.

The way Misty described the situation the plan of Ange's brother backfired after he betrayed her.
Or it could be that Misty was misinformed and only some members would be executed well it's still questionable of what really happened.
However the fact that execution is mentioned is another flaw in Ange's perfect society story from the second episode.

The thing that was clear from last episode is that Sylvia wasn't allowed to contact her sister and that someone was there watching her making sure that would not happened.
It was also clear that her treatment wasn't very good.
The question is will Ange be able to make contact with her and will she be able to save her from whatever is happening to her.

Another thing that stood out was the crew member that Hilda took out, it was not shown so she could have killed her which was suggested or she could have made her pass out.
If she was killed Hilda and Ange will be in even more trouble if the get caught particularly if they find out which one did it.
If she made her pass out things will be less bad.
Considering what they have done for their escape we could say that things are looking bad in general if they are taken back.
Maybe if Ange is lucky Misty won't mind the kidnapping and that will be less thing to worry about.
From what it looked like she didn't seem to mind it to much and she looked up to Ange so Ange could get of easy, she probably understands the situation as well seeing how much Ange cares for Sylvia.
Nov 26, 2014 1:50 AM

Oct 2010
Shit is about to get real.
Nov 26, 2014 4:48 AM

Nov 2011
I was ready to curse the authors, but given the short fanservice and the evolution of the narrative into something unexpected in the second part, I soothed my thirst for revenge against them.
LOL
For now, you have been saved kids, but if you stray I send you to the gallows! ASD
Episode that proves very interesting, some scenes are quite funny, the plot becomes again interesting.
Too bad for the designs really coarse in certain situations.
Finally, the character of Hilda begins to acquire a thickness of character.
Nov 26, 2014 4:58 AM

Jan 2014
I loved it ^^ Ange progressing to an even greater level of awesomeness; well done!
Nov 26, 2014 7:04 AM

Feb 2013
And i was waiting for tusks appearance:D
Jesus can walk on water. Cucumbers are 96% water. I can walk on cucumbers. I'm 96% Jesus.
Nov 26, 2014 2:40 PM
Nov 2014
Rayzer said:
Man at last they toned down the yuri shits.

The drawing point of this show is fan service and yuri bits otherwise it's just another run of the mill action/mech show.
Nov 26, 2014 11:02 PM

Dec 2010
Whoa a beach episode with a lot of plot! And not the fanserivce kind! This was a nice episode! Development of the main plot, the escape from the island. The character development and enlightenment of Hilda, and Chris and Salia being cute!

Got to say, this wasn't what I was expecting, but it was still a great episode!
Nov 27, 2014 8:02 AM

Sep 2014
Ange is so stupid but funny at the same time
Nov 27, 2014 9:59 AM

Jul 2012
Nov 27, 2014 10:17 AM

Nov 2012
mayukachan said:
Still shit.
are you the type of user who have rule "i dont drop shit anime and keep watching till the end for the sake of discussion" shit?
IF YOU LIKE DEATH PARADE, GO WATCH BARTENDER!!!
my animesongs chord thread : here bro
Nov 27, 2014 10:18 AM

Jul 2012
ninjastarforcex said:
mayukachan said:
Still shit.
are you the type of user who have rule "i dont drop shit anime and keep watching till the end for the sake of discussion" shit?

Kind of yeah. But I'm more or less highly entertained by this show.
Nov 27, 2014 2:23 PM

Feb 2007
Ah, a swimsuit episode. Because this series clearly didn't have enough fanservice already... Admittedly, this episode ended up having less fanservice than usual, but still, the very idea of it sounds so silly. :D

Salia still best girl.

Volbla said:
I can't believe that it's a perfect society and a totalitarian hush-machine at the same time.

"Perfect" societies usually are.
Nov 27, 2014 8:23 PM

Mar 2012
What the... the generic and mandatory swimsuit episode ended up having less fan service than expected and actually turned into a VERY important plot progression episode. Now that's something you don't see to often.

Ange catching Hilda's hand at the end was a nice "feel-good" moment for me. Good to see they're on good terms now after their previous incidents.
Nov 27, 2014 8:46 PM

May 2013
guyklc said:
Disregarding the whole fanservice, I like this episode. We get to see major plot progression. It looks like Ange will finally be going home.

But Hilda hating Zola? That's weird... I thought she really liked Zola.

I do not think Hilda hated Zola, but she clearly tolerated her because Hilda does not like to be the neko (passive), she rather be the tachi (active) as can be easily deduced by the wide green in her face when she had her two bitches in her arms in an previous episode.
Nov 29, 2014 1:04 AM

Nov 2011
Ah, fell for another pool episode trap. From the OP you can see that there will be a lot to this show, good to see that we're done with the dragoon slaying arc, let's just hope it keeps it's consistency.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Nov 29, 2014 1:00 PM

Aug 2013
OMG, the "iiyaaa!~" all the older officer ladies let out when they had the curtain pulled on them made me laugh so hard XD
Nov 29, 2014 6:34 PM

Feb 2013
Bikini escape.

Hilda points a pistol at Ange.
Ange points an automatic rifle at Hilda.
... we know who won...
Nov 29, 2014 9:26 PM

Dec 2013
Skipped right to the second half of the episode. God damn fanservice wasting the airing time...
Nov 30, 2014 8:00 AM

Jan 2011
so the dragons also having a day off?

knew she would grab Hilda's hand :)
Dec 2, 2014 12:25 AM

Apr 2013
thought it would be just a beach episode but seems that the story actually progressed quite a bit at the end
Dec 2, 2014 11:01 PM

Sep 2014
never thought I'd like a Cross Ange episode

I'm not exactly sure why, but Ange escaping is (obviously) the biggest thing to happen since Ange coming to Arzenal.

I've also started really appreciating the ED song. It's very soothing.

(Visual) Art seems to have gotten a bit better though there were still several rushed/lacking in detail frames, but there were several more (than the previous few episodes) sharp, crisply drawn frames. However one big problem I had with the art is

I mean, what's with the eye looking like it's curving inward towards the head?
I don't consider myself a good judge.

trying not to be an obnoxious otaku
Dec 4, 2014 9:18 AM

Jun 2008
Mister_Machismo said:
You will discover that the basement otaku have more fapping sessions watching Clannad and Ano Hana than this. Yeah that's how they are with their waifus and shit.
This is too straightforward for them.
Dec 4, 2014 2:27 PM

May 2014
Monad said:
Mister_Machismo said:
You will discover that the basement otaku have more fapping sessions watching Clannad and Ano Hana than this. Yeah that's how they are with their waifus and shit.

You're quoting someone's alt/troll account created for the sole purpose of posting 1/10 reviews on Cross Ange.
Typing on an ipad is like driving carpentry nails with a sledgehammer.
Dec 4, 2014 7:57 PM

Jun 2008
KazuhoYoshii said:
Monad said:

You're quoting someone's alt/troll account created for the sole purpose of posting 1/10 reviews on Cross Ange.

I didn't know Cross Ange brought such intense feelings. What is this? Evangelion?
Dec 5, 2014 12:29 AM

Jul 2009
Great episode!

It was mostly rest day, but finally they revealed that Hilda was just playing all along. Though i'm sure she still enjoyed her time with Chris and Rosalie :P

Wow Chris won a million prize!!

Never thought i would see Hilda and Ange! Still Ange does remember that she is similar to Hilda in many ways.

Hilda looks sexy with that full black jacket :)

She probably saved that place when she returns someday.

Lol Emma-san just feinted out of nowhere. Guard dog just lapped all those burgers XD

Can't wait for the next episode!! I won't be surprised if both Hilda and Ange will be back at Norma's headquarters soon.

Pero Pero!!
Dec 9, 2014 12:52 PM

Dec 2008
So, Hilda basically sold her soul to the devil to be able to escape one day? She'll probably die as soon as she reachers her homeland.

Sent with Mal Updater
Dec 14, 2014 10:23 PM

Sep 2011
great episode I want to know more about hildas story
Jan 19, 2015 8:25 PM

Dec 2012
LOL @ the swimsuit melting competition and balancing eggs on boobs, that was a total Valvrave moment right there. Finally a jailbreak huh? Now that Hilda's opened up a bit I'm actually more interested in her beyond the yuri bitch surface that she's shown.
Mar 29, 2015 1:27 AM

Sep 2014
klaymore said:
so the dragons also having a day off?
Mar 29, 2015 1:37 PM

Oct 2012
Nice, she is on move again. This series sure know how to surprise you. I'm starting to enjoy this.

And Mermaid Festa in there, what a reference :D
Apr 13, 2015 5:05 AM
May 2012
Poor girls, only one day a year?!?!
Well, they escaped. Things might get interesting now.
Guard dog for the win!!
Jul 14, 2015 7:23 PM

Aug 2013
Woah woah woah.. suddenly Hilda play innocent and call mommy hahahaha.
But... aweshommeee finally something other than cat fights and shooting down dragons.
Oh yes call the boy alright. Damn I blame the insert song for these artificial feels. XD
Nov 5, 2015 11:40 AM

Oct 2010
Interesting episode, what a change of events. Never would have thought that they would escape. Hilda surprised me there. I thought she wanted to kill that maid to revenge for Zola but she wanted to leave for so long.

Seriously I'm just hating Ange. I don't know how can she redeem herself but she is an ass to everyone. Do someone really have to explain their cause to her so she can show pity? Fuck that! Bring out Kira out here. I never would have thought I say this but I hope to see more of that dude.
Dec 26, 2015 11:06 PM

Dec 2012
Ah! Yakety Sax episode.

Milady was just a device to move the plot.

So many strawberry shortcakes in this episode. What I'd give to be the 1 guy there.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Oct 31, 2016 7:56 PM
Towel Attendant

Dec 2014
My favorite part is the 4th wall break at the end of the credits. That's where it gets "real"..... lol.
Feb 19, 2017 6:57 PM
Aug 2014
I was a bit concerned during the first half that the anime was going in an entirely different direction that I was hoping/expecting; glad the second half alleviated those.
Apr 4, 2017 4:50 PM

Aug 2010
So Hilda wasn't just Zola's bitch nor a slut. Glad to find out I was wrong about her character.
May 20, 2017 11:59 AM

Apr 2011
Wait so why does Hilda hate Ange then ? Did I miss something... ?
Jan 26, 2018 5:33 AM

Jul 2008
Yeah this jailbreak won't end well.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Cross Ange: Tenshi to Ryuu no Rondo Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 1, 2014

178 by bakakisima »»
Oct 18, 12:29 PM

Poll: » Cross Ange: Tenshi to Ryuu no Rondo Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 25, 2014

122 by bakakisima »»
Oct 18, 10:32 AM

Poll: » Cross Ange: Tenshi to Ryuu no Rondo Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2014

195 by bakakisima »»
Oct 18, 8:39 AM

Poll: » Cross Ange: Tenshi to Ryuu no Rondo Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 11, 2014

221 by bakakisima »»
Oct 18, 7:23 AM

Poll: » Cross Ange: Tenshi to Ryuu no Rondo Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 4, 2014

355 by bakakisima »»
Oct 17, 2:24 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.