Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Dec 15, 2016 6:13 PM
Mar 2016
rainsworth said:
ssmith14377 said:

Isn't funny that in real life the Four time gold medalist in the Grand Prix Final is the Japanese Skater and not a Russian one.

But it used to be Russians (Plushenko and Yagudin): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Prix_of_Figure_Skating_Final#Men

True but theres only one Russian who has 4 gold medals like Yuzuru san.
Dec 15, 2016 6:16 PM
Mar 2016
You know if they had 13 episodes or even 14 episodes they could show the gala and the banquet which would be a hoot. But I don't know now though if it would be as fun with Victurri being questionable. Plus the time it would take to animate the scenes would be a long time and plus we haven't seen any pair skaters or anything else like that but still this show has actually made me interested in figure skating or at least seeing the guys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqS91szw1u0
Dec 15, 2016 6:33 PM
Jun 2012
I dont know if they plan to make Yuri win but Yurio just broke the world record How do you compete with that? And if they gonna make Yuri win wouldnt it be a little unjustified towards Yurio? I dont know how it's gonna turn out but i'm waiting.
Dec 15, 2016 6:38 PM

Jan 2011
The way Yurio spazzed out at the end there, lol.
Dec 15, 2016 6:41 PM
Jun 2016
I'm new to this thing of having BL ships but I gotta say... I CANNOT HELP BUT TO FANGIRL EVERYTIME I SEE THOSE TWO. I mean, my family is thinking about taking me to a mental asylum, I don't care. I just love them so much
Dec 15, 2016 6:56 PM

Jan 2011
rigged the Canadian in me is sad JJ got nerfed to much high energy for them to handle.

what i've learned so far is that i'm still not a fan of figure skating if it's just repeating the same program over and over again find myself skipping most of them just to the backstory stuff.
Dec 15, 2016 7:01 PM

Jun 2009
juliagatari said:
milkhoney said:

This is a good thing, he's talking about his feelings! Yuri has been thinking since the beginning that he wanted to end things with Victor after the finals. Now we (hopefully) get to know how Victor feels. i'm sure it will all go well...

I really hope you're right.
T-T

hope it ends well for those too otherwise it seems just like yuuri used him and throws victor away since he got what he wanted ---damn mean!!!!!
Dec 15, 2016 7:21 PM

May 2015
Great competition episode overall.

My only complaint is that I would've like to have seen Yuri go last. It would have been a great way to build tension.
Dec 15, 2016 7:59 PM

Jul 2014
My fave, JJ, has fallen and it wounds me. </3 I guess it was bound to happen, though. I like how this anime shows that the stakes are high for everyone, and that results in competitive events can be unpredictable, just like in real life.

Also, I don't think that Victor wants to go back to skating. He says outright that skating was holding him back (lit. "a shackle around my neck"). Last episode he monologued about how much skating has taken away from his life and how he was such a workaholic to the point where he had no room to take a break and experience what it means to live and love. He misses skating, but he's done with competing - that's my take on him
Dec 15, 2016 8:12 PM

Nov 2013
Oh, and there goes my favorite character in this anime, J.J...
“Right is right even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it.”
― Saint Augustine
Dec 15, 2016 8:45 PM

Nov 2010
What the fuck is Kotomine doing here?

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 15, 2016 9:04 PM

Dec 2015
YURI PLISETSKY! OH WOW! WHAT A SCORE INDEED! Beating Victor's record and at such a young age! He's a little beast!
I'm not surprise cause this kid has so much potential! IM SO HAPPY FOR HIM! He could really win the Grand prix and HE DESERVED IT! We all know that this kid works really hard and is passionate in skating! Hopefully he won't fail, like what happened to JJ. Poor JJ (but deep down I'm a bit glad that JJ felt pressured, It just goes to show that this guy is not perfect. but last place? damn thats so sad...)

And OTABEK! that was also an amazing performance! I'm also rooting for him or Yurio to win the GPF! but I still doubt If they're gonna let a 15 yr old win the GPF! that's history in the making! kind of ridiculous. I think yurio will place second then Otabek winning the whole thing! we'll see.

Only a Miracle, No, Some crazy stunt could let Yuuri Katsuki be able to win the GPF. and I'm not a pro skater but I also think that Phichit should have scored higher than Yuuri but thats just my opinion. If Yuuri wins at the end then it'll be unrealistic for me but I'm okay with him winning though.
QueenSapphireDec 15, 2016 9:42 PM
Dec 16, 2016 5:12 AM

Nov 2010
XxLet2xX said:

I'm guessing that he's Chrises boyfriend (due to Chrises words of always coming too early...) though he might be assistant coach or sth as well, I think he was with Chris and his coach on kiss and cry so someone who supports Chris anyways.
Dec 16, 2016 6:52 AM

Mar 2015
This felt appropriate :P
Dec 16, 2016 7:14 AM

Sep 2010
XxLet2xX said:

think it's his lover or someone important to him
Dec 16, 2016 9:22 AM

Dec 2008
Barion-Zara said:
I call BS. Dat JJ nerf came out of nowhere. He didn't seem to be the type of person to feel pressure to that extent. Meh. They just couldn't find a way to let him lose so they did that instead :/

It certainly didn't feel very natural. I wasn't satisfied with the execution. They made him so OP that messing up ended up seeming OOC of him, particularly in the context of getting nervous/feeling intimidated. Of all things...!
Dec 16, 2016 10:41 AM
Dec 2016
This is nuts. When Yuuri said "After the finals... Let's end things" I didn't even think about the two of them breaking up. I had totally assumed Yuuri was talking about Viktor coaching him? Idk, I just don't think he's taking about their relationship (but now I'm a little worried, haha)
Dec 16, 2016 11:13 AM

May 2012
Fijiwuiji said:
Great competition episode overall.

My only complaint is that I would've like to have seen Yuri go last. It would have been a great way to build tension.

I think the order is determined by their places in the qualifying events. Yuuri just squeaked in at the bottom, so he has to go first in the Finals.
Dec 16, 2016 2:00 PM
Dec 2016
This episode killed me. Like totally gutted me. Seeing Yuuri's desperate need to perform perfectly and that horrible crushing wave of panic at the end of his routine when he was reliving such a small mistake...and you know it's not "just" that he wants to win gold now. It's all tied up in being "good enough" for Victor's love and attention in his mind..and he can't escape that horrible nagging doubt that he's not good enough. One little mistake and it all rushes back with full force. And then to see Victor totally in love but not SAYING theses things that he's thinking to Yuuri! dfijowefrlwejrlwehfoihdvdf!!!! And then to watch Yuuri's anxiety and fears growing stronger and settling in deeper as he watches Victor's reactions to the other skaters' performances.. Ugh. As someone who suffers extreme anxiety, watching Yuuri was just so relatable that it broke my heart, especially when we are let in on how smitten Victor actually is. And then the "let's end this."... ughhhhhhh. Watching this episode slowly spiral darker and farther away from the joyful happiness of ep 10 just punched me in the gut. I can't believe I've become so invested in a 2D couple, but watching this ep play out, I was feeling a deep sadness that I hadn't felt since my last rl breakup. Only now 2 days later is my head clear enough to think that they will get through this and come out stronger in ep 12. I was beyond logical thought by the end of 11. All I can say is, this is one amazingly well done anime. That said, they freaking better give us a happy ending, or I will die.
Dec 16, 2016 5:29 PM
Dec 2016
I hope episode 11 was hinting at Victor going back to skating. I would love for season 2 to be a Victor vs Yuuri type of thing if there is a S2. I want Victor to get back on the ice and compete at least one more time.
Dec 16, 2016 9:42 PM

Mar 2016
I had the feels when the crowd cheered for JJ after his performance. Yurio's reaction towards that was hilarious. I want a second season!!! I hope the producers decide to. SECOND SEASON! SECOND SEASON!! SECOND SEASON!!!
Dec 16, 2016 11:39 PM
Jun 2015
juliagatari said:

DON'T RUIN MY FUCKING SHIP!

OH GOD, why.. I'm gonna have to wait 'till next weak T-T

I AM SO WITH YOU I WAS LKE WHAT THE HELLLLLLL YURI! WE WILL NOT LET THIS SHIP SINK I MEAN THIS SHIP WAS MEANT TO SAIL! HELL, THE SHIP IS FREAKING CALLED VICTURI (VICTORY) IM CRYING OMG
Dec 16, 2016 11:43 PM
Jun 2015
IM HONESTLY SO STRESSED OUT! I LOVE JJ SO MUCH, I REALLY DON'T CARE WHAT ANYONE THINKS! I WILL FOLLOW JJ TO THE ENDS OF THE EARTH, JJ'S FAILURE WAS ONE OF MY FAVOURITE SCENES EVER "I'M THE KING JJ, NO ONE DEFEATS ME, THIS IS WHO I AM!" I CRIED DO MUCH OMG

ONTO VICTURI.....IS YURI CRAY???? BRO YA'LL JUST GOT ENGAGED, YOU BETTER BE TALKING ABOUT ENDING THAT PARTNERSHIP IN THE RINK. I THINK THAT HE WAS VICTOR TO GET BACK ON THE ICE AND BE HI COMPETITOR AGAIN! SHIP VICTURI WILL PREVAIL!!
Dec 17, 2016 12:00 AM
Jul 2018
I feel bad for JJ, also I think it was pretty unrealistic that JJ would suddenly be scared, especially since he was also at the grand prix finale last year.

But with Victor, he was really off this episode. I don't blame Yuri because Victor was all over the place, he didn't support Yuri much this episode, and I think Yuri wants to end it with Victor as the coach/student relationship.
This is because he thinks that Victor would prefer that due to his behaviour in this episode.

But Yurio!!! I'm so proud of him he was absolutely beautiful. And he even beat Victor's record.

Next episode is the last one :(((
Dec 17, 2016 8:06 AM

Jun 2013
Just one more episode and we're going to enter the Winter Anime lineup for 2017.

Will this get a second season? I'm guessing it will since it's really popular.

Otabek is awesome.
臭い-
Dec 17, 2016 9:21 AM
Dec 2016
To be honest episode 11 was a interesting episode for me beacause of the charactors diplay of emotion after they all had finished the preformance. But hey thats just me
Dec 17, 2016 10:03 AM
Nov 2016
I am surprised that the result of episode 11 voting is considerably lower than before.
If you thrown away arbitrary thoughts and preconceptions, you should have expected this to happen.
Yuri was already determined to leave Victor after the Grand Prix final at episode 9.
Sigtseeing in Barcelona will be the last happy memory to spend with him.
On the last episode, OP and ED will be cut and all of this will be devoted to this main story. Kubo-sensei was saying that on radio and Twitter.
Please leave your mind blank and watch until the end of episode. I have a feeling that surprise will happen. And I am ready to accept everything whatever happens.
Dec 17, 2016 11:35 AM

Apr 2016
I think this has been one of best episodes so far.Go ma boi Yurio his reaction to all that JJ hype was awesome.
Dec 17, 2016 5:59 PM

Nov 2014
Such great directing. I don't have any interest in figure skating, but Yamamoto does such a brilliant job at presenting it that you can't help but be fascinated.

I can't remember if they were in every episode, but the two fangirls who had a banner for every skater were hilarious.

5/5
Dec 18, 2016 12:13 AM
Dec 2016
wolfwing said:
So many things can happen here....:> I really do hope there is a second season of this :>

on a technical level, how hard would it be for yuri to make up the 20 points?

I don't think that it would be that hard to pick up the extra points. Yuri will have to skate perfect though. He will need to land that quad flip and doing like Yurio by putting an arm up in the air during the jumps will help. But that is just the tech score. Yuri does really well with his presentation score so that can help as well. If he puts every ounce of his feelings for Viktor in his presentation it can really jump his score.
Dec 18, 2016 9:13 AM
Dec 18, 2016 10:31 AM

Mar 2014
Poor JJ, he's a brat but I still couldn't help but feel sorry for him

Also... what exactly is it that Yuri wants to end? Please don't tell me that they're breaking up
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Dec 18, 2016 7:04 PM
Oct 2014
Yurio's big attitude makes me want to 103 bone him right now. I should teach him that lesson.*runs away from Yurio fans*
Dec 19, 2016 5:15 AM
Jul 2016
POOOOR JJ 😭. loved this ep thou
Dec 19, 2016 5:52 AM

Feb 2015
gengen1983 said:
Yurio's big attitude makes me want to 103 bone him right now. I should teach him that lesson.*runs away from Yurio fans*

*chases after you* Precious Yuratchka as usual! Omedetou! :3 His skating was beautiful ;v;
Felt for JJ...and what his fans and fiancée did for him made me tear up a bit.
I don't know what was with Victor this episode, poor Yuuri...
5/5
Next episode last one
ಥ_ಥ

Dec 19, 2016 10:04 AM
Oct 2014
Victorian-Doll said:
gengen1983 said:

*chases after you* Precious Yuratchka as usual! Omedetou! :3 His skating was beautiful ;v;
Felt for JJ...and what his fans and fiancée did for him made me tear up a bit.
I don't know what was with Victor this episode, poor Yuuri...
5/5
Next episode last one
ಥ_ಥ

He barely encourages Yuuri like I see most of the episode. More like he's thinking of something when he sees all the other skate performance. The face of Viktor after yuuri performance kinda give me heartache. I must be thinking too much.
Dec 19, 2016 11:01 AM
Dec 2016
xoLeKillah said:
juliagatari said:

DON'T RUIN MY FUCKING SHIP!

OH GOD, why.. I'm gonna have to wait 'till next weak T-T

I AM SO WITH YOU I WAS LKE WHAT THE HELLLLLLL YURI! WE WILL NOT LET THIS SHIP SINK I MEAN THIS SHIP WAS MEANT TO SAIL! HELL, THE SHIP IS FREAKING CALLED VICTURI (VICTORY) IM CRYING OMG

So this is what my bf interpreted from episode 11 (Eng is not his first language tho so please forgive the spelling mistakes) :)
:
guys have you thought about the Theorie that Victor and yuri are faking their whole relationship? because after i watched the 11th Episode something feels totally off.

Because as you all knew in Episode 10 they had their Engagement! With Marriage one of the two highest peeks of a relationship! And now lets look at Episode 11. In the world Championship in Barcelona, Yuri´s most important Event in his life, what was Victor doing their? He didn't cheered him up before the beginning and while yuri was dancing his part without making a mistake, maybe not getting higher Points because his moves where a bit stiff because of the stress what you can see because of the stress he had. But it was an awesome Dance after all
so what was Victor doing to cheer his future husband up while he had the most important Event in his life? right...he did nothing. he just sits quiet next to him. But the most important Scene that totally feels of was the Dance of yurio at Agape. While yuri has a few interviews going on where was his future husband Victor? gone. he was watching the Dance from yurio. but their is more. so yurio has the Dance of his life. Totally getting over himself, and as a result getting even higher Points then Victor himself! and Victor was watching his Dance fascinated. And then their was the important part: while the Dance from yurio, the female Coach from him thought about how he was able to improve so much in so Little time. and it was because he found his Agape. she said in particular: People shine brightest when they seek to understand WHAT KIND of love sustains them"! and right after she told that we see a Scene where the male Coach of yurio sees Victor in yurios Dance! and after this we see Victor watching him dancing emotionless. And the Scene that was for me the Death blow in believing that their is a relation after all was the part when yurios Dance Ends.

Yuri, looking for Victor, finally found him Standing and watching yurios Dance, Standing with the back to yuri. And yuri was running the stairs and the dark hallway up to Victor, to his as we believe future husband and calling his Name. And then he stoped, his eyes shocked. Victor, his love and boyfriend, his fiance...is not even after he call him Name watching back at him. He is not reacting at all.
and now lets take a look at Episode 10 that we have seen from Victors perspective. While in the other episodes we always have seen how strong the Feelings from yuri to Victor are especially in the parts where we could hear yuris thoughts...their was nothing in Episode 10 at all, not a single line where Victor rly thought to himself how much he loved and desired yuri.

and if we look to all the romantic Moments from yuri on ice they become a way more understandable but darker meaning too. What did Victor said yuri after they kissed? Did he said how much he loved him? no. he said that he thought of how he can surprise him. And if we remember a bit more back, Victor asked him what he should be for yuri. a father figure? a boyfriend? and when yuri was crying he asked him if he should kiss him. But he said that not with Passion, not with love. he said that emotionalless. As if kissing is for him nothing more than shaking someones Hand.

But when Victor is not loving him, why is he than faking an relationship with yuri? what does he benefit from it? and now lets look again at Episode 11. Yuri danced really well...but it was not enough. Not enough to get the highest Points...and not enough for Victor. Why did Victor come to Yuri after all? It was because he have saw him Dance! why did he stayed with him and not with yurio? because he danced his Eros better at this time then yurio danced his Agape. thats all. The truth about the relation from Victor to yuri is, that he isnt loving yuri as a Person at all...he loves the dancer! he loves the Dance: yuri!

i believe that Victor is not interested in a relationship with other persons at all, that his heard for humans is cold. But what touched his heard is Beauty...the Beauty of the figure Skating. This still doesnt explains why he should fake an relationship with yuri right? But then Thing about it. He have saw that Yuris Dances improve when yuri found something that he loved. like his Food. But even more he loved Victor...and Victor did realise it. So he played this game, to let yuri´s star rise. To see the Beauty of yuris Eros. And as we have seen yuris Dances improved with every Dance, the stronger the relationship between yuri and Victor did become. But something was wrong...of Course it was since Victor did just fake the relationship to see the full potential of yuri. And i Thing at some time...yuri did realise it. Maybe this is the reason why his expressions at his Dance in the world Championship in Barcelona where so bad, that he just didnt get many Points even if his jumps where without a single mistake. Because i Thing that yuri had realised the same Thing that bothers me as a watcher aswell... that Victors reaction just didnt fit someone who was just engaged, at all
his whole reaction when pichit sayed that they are married was just playfully, because that is, what the whole relation is for Victor: a Play to see the full potential of yuri. But yuri "failed" at the Championship, and so Victor lost his interests in him.

But he found a new rising star: yurio. Because Yurio finally understood what kind of love sustains him, he did rise higher then ever before. maybe higher then Victor ever did. and yuri didnt...because he DIDNT found out WHAT KIND of love sustains him. For him the love in the Relationship between him and his fiance Victor was Eros. an erotic love, that yuri desired. But this wasnt the love that Victor feels. his love to yuri was Agape, it didnt involved physical love. He just wanted to see the Beauty of the Dance.

the dramatical masterpiece is the Ambiguity in this Episode. Not only did the Agape Dance from yurio, that failed a few month ago against the hot fire of Eros overcome the Eros Dance from yuri....but so did the Agape love of dance from Victor destroys the Eros love from yuri. And the end of yurios Dance, where he totally Triumph about all the other, when yuri stand at the stairs and realized that Victor is not caring for him at all... this was the Moment when the Agape love of victor for the dance totally destroyed the Eros love from yuri for victor. That was the Moment when yuri understood that it was not Eros that sustains him. it was a other form of love. it was Agape.

Synopsis: Victor is in love with the dance, not the dancer
Dec 19, 2016 8:53 PM
Dec 2016
It would be interesting if, assuming Viktor and Yuri stay together in the end, they add a pair figure skating sequence for them, showing their unification as a couple and their shared passion for skating. Although I'm pretty sure that's a completely different discipline from normal figure skating so it might be unbelievable for some people.
Dec 19, 2016 9:25 PM
Dec 2016
To be honest, I really didn't care for JJ that much in the beginning, but after the last episode, I felt so bad for him.
Dec 20, 2016 1:12 PM

Sep 2014
I would feel so horrible in Yuri's place when you have the most renowned skater as your coach.. But at the final he is amazed by others performances than yours.

After Yurio's performance I can't even decide if I want him to win or not. I Can't even decide on whom I am cheering here. I didn't watch the episodes as soon as they came but while watching this I didn't want it to end tomorrow for some reason..

Also , being first in two competitions and then coming last is a total demotivation in my view towards Free skate , but as we see JJ might be able to cope with this.
Dec 21, 2016 10:39 AM

Dec 2012
Poor JJ, it was so stressed by this competition. I think Yuri will won, but it could be good if it doesn't happen.
Dec 21, 2016 12:25 PM

Jun 2013
Great episode
but damn the poll results this episode.
Dec 22, 2016 10:50 AM

Jul 2014
Knew JJ was bound to flop sometime but that was kinda unexpected, kinda forced considering his talent and what not. Still enjoyed this episode though. One more episode left. Ughhhh Yuri better not really "end" it with Victor waaaaahhhhh
. . . . . . . . . .
DO NOT touch my rice. . . . . .
I'm Asian. . . . . .
Dec 22, 2016 8:03 PM

Dec 2012
I got tears on my eyes for what happened to JJ :'( Nice episode. And Yurio was really awesome with this performance \m/

- barely alive -
Dec 25, 2016 6:51 AM

Apr 2012
JJ messing up like that and having a breakdown caught me off guard. It was good to see him bounce back at the end, though. Yurio's performance was very well animated~ Now I wanna know how Viktor reacts to what Yuri said.
Dec 25, 2016 11:21 AM
Jul 2018
I was crying my eyes out while travelling on a plane. Great. Atleast I was on the window side thank goodness.

JJ my fab Chara now. Yes he's a narcissist. Plus a cunt. But IT'S JJ STYLLLLEEEEEE ⛸️⛸️⛸️⛸️🏅
Dec 29, 2016 12:35 AM

Jan 2013
World record setting performance by Yurio. That's impressive, but really wasn't made a big deal out of this episode. Can't see Yuri making up a 20+ point deficit to get in first sadly.
Jan 3, 2017 6:16 AM

Nov 2015
Yurio's performance was impressive.
I hope he will win it, although we all know that Yuri will win it.
Poor JJ :(

5/5
Jan 6, 2017 8:41 PM

Oct 2007
JJ scenes almost had me in tears too. His theme is awesome! Looked like Yurio's performance really inspired Victor, he was frozen. Maybe thinking about rejoining the world of competitive ice skating. Perhaps Yuri realized this and wants to end it after the finals.
Jan 7, 2017 5:19 AM
Dec 2009
Honestly JJ stole this episode for me. I wasn't that attached to his character but this episode was just so touching... we all mess up sometimes, no matter how hard we practice and how hard we try. JJ showed that, and showed how to keep fighting and keep smiling. :)
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yuri!!! on Ice Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 21, 2016

561 by 200px »»
Jun 4, 2:26 AM

Poll: » Yuri!!! on Ice Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2016

475 by bebelights »»
Jun 3, 1:12 AM

Poll: » Yuri!!! on Ice Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 19, 2016

289 by RGreatDanton »»
May 21, 9:49 PM

Poll: » Yuri!!! on Ice Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 12, 2016

206 by RGreatDanton »»
May 21, 9:00 AM

Poll: » Yuri!!! on Ice Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 5, 2016

386 by RGreatDanton »»
May 21, 8:48 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.