Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 2, 2016 8:50 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Intense! So glad to see Josuke's Stand in action again. It's been awhile.

Killer Queen's secondary attack (Sheer Heart Attack) looks impressive as well. Pretty tense episode, I love how Koichi freaks out several times during the episode when encountering Sheer Heart Attack. Kira's Stand is seriously badass though imo, one of my favorites from the franchise.

Sep 2, 2016 8:59 AM

Jun 2015
'Mission fucking accomplished'
Koichi gained a nose + John McClane the stand/

Jotaro was great.
Sep 2, 2016 9:07 AM
May 2014
Find a single weakness to Sheer Heart Attack.
Protip:
Sep 2, 2016 10:02 AM

May 2016
This episode was the S-H-I-T
Sep 2, 2016 10:12 AM

Dec 2009
NO WEAKNESS!!!!!
Sep 2, 2016 10:16 AM

Oct 2014
I am 200.0% KOCCHI WO MIRO right now.

Stardust Crusaders ost playing when Jotaro speaks aaaaaa the feels ;_;
Sep 2, 2016 10:34 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
5 chapters adapted in this episode (and five more left from this arc). All that "Kocchi wo miro", lol. But Sheer Heart Attack is pretty OP, despite not having a mind of its own. Jotaro in injured though :( but at least Echoes evolved. Lol at Kira's hand feeling heavy. Next episode will be fun :D
"ORA ORA ORA" and the Stardust Crusaders theme always goes together perfectly :D

5/5
GoldenDevilGamerSep 2, 2016 10:42 AM
Sep 2, 2016 10:43 AM

Jun 2015
Wow. Araki. Joseph's transition from part 2 to part 3 was absurd when it comes to his fighting style/power. The way he performs his action has been completely nerfed and thus it made him almost useless. And now we have Jotaro... Pf. Koichi shines compared to him.
NycroSep 2, 2016 10:56 AM
Sep 2, 2016 10:52 AM

Apr 2007
My high expectations were not disappointed. It's fun watching Jotaro fight again after so long. I just wish I didn't have to hear Kaji Yuki scream so much, it's really grating at times :v
Sep 2, 2016 10:59 AM

Aug 2014
Great actions all over. The animation quality wasn't as good as episode 22 imo, but still good. And I want the OSTs right now!!!
Act 3 is the S-H-I-T.
And I swear Sheer Heart Attack sounded just like Rikiya Koyama to me.
Sep 2, 2016 11:05 AM

Jul 2014
Nycro said:
And now we have Jotaro... Pf. Koichi shines compared to him.

Jotaro's main issue is that any Stand that can't be defeated by him punching it is very difficult for him to beat. To give an example, even with Star Platinum: The World, he wouldn't be able to beat Yellow Temperance via punches. Compare that to Echoes who is physically weak, but has a wider range of what he can do with his Stand.

There's also the fact that many Stands in Part 4 could be easily beaten by Jotaro. Surface, The Lock, Love Deluxe, etc. Jotaro is used sparingly whenever a strong enemy shows up to highlight their strength while also preventing him from instantly solving whatever problem the cast faces that week.
TheAzulmagiaSep 2, 2016 11:09 AM
Sep 2, 2016 11:09 AM

Aug 2008
Great action. So Act 3 power is applying gravity? Wish this episode is longer.

When this soundtrack appear,I was so hyped.

But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Sep 2, 2016 11:11 AM

Jul 2011
Damn, that guitar remix version of Kochi's theme kicked ass. They did a great job with Act 3 too.
Sep 2, 2016 11:11 AM

Apr 2014
''Rude boy awakening'' BEEETCH! That ''Stardust Crusaders Theme'' tho.
Sep 2, 2016 11:12 AM

Sep 2014
Great episode again!Glad they used the Stardust Crusader's theme during the "ORA ORA" part.Because of Koichi,Jotaro took the bomb's explosion,after he figured out that is attracted by heat and fell unconscious.Koichi's Echoes evolved to Act 3,which stomps the bomb and that creates problems for Kira too.Next week hype for
Sep 2, 2016 11:13 AM

Jul 2014
Zapredon said:
So Act 3 power is applying gravity?

Echoes' powers revolve around sound.

Act 3's power is to drop the bass.
Sep 2, 2016 11:14 AM
Apr 2014
Jotaro got fucked, it's awesome that just an extention of Killer Queen, the "unbreakable" Sheer Heart Attack took down the strongest lightning speed time stopping Star Platinum. Pretty convenient for Kira that he doesn't have to be close to use Sheer Heart Attack, the perfect way to deal with Jotaro, I also like that his hand got heavy after ACT 3 trapped SHA.
ACT 3 has the same voice actor as it's user.
Knew this part would pick up immensely after Kira started doing stuff.
Sep 2, 2016 11:29 AM

Aug 2015
This episode was the S.H.I.T It has no weaknesses.

The adaptation was really amazing,the music was on point (SC theme), act 3 was cool.

I'm hyped AF,the next week would be even better if they keep this level of animation and detail.

PD: I love that coat from jotaro.
Sep 2, 2016 11:31 AM

Aug 2014
Based David.

Great to hear Crusaders' OST again, so nostalgic.

Next week it's time to see one of my favorite scenes in DiU.
Sep 2, 2016 11:40 AM
Apr 2016
Nycro said:
Wow. Araki. Joseph's transition from part 2 to part 3 was absurd when it comes to his fighting style/power. The way he performs his action has been completely nerfed and thus it made him almost useless. And now we have Jotaro... Pf. Koichi shines compared to him.

Jotaro's not done yet.
Sep 2, 2016 11:42 AM

Nov 2012
It's fun being a side-character, you know

Also, I'm really enjoying the new Star Platinum emerging animation:

SC OST playing in the background when Jotaro ORAORA-ed SHA was fantastic!

ACT-3 theme is totally perfect, that electro-styled beats are exactly what ACT-3 should have as a theme!

Sep 2, 2016 12:00 PM
Aug 2016
The new Koichi Super Saiyan 3 looks great.
Sep 2, 2016 12:04 PM

May 2014
Wow that was intense...it just keeps getting better! And here I thought last weeks episode couldn't be topped- David Pro proves me wrong yet again!!

It was great to see Jotaro in action...the little details are appreciated, especially with them weaving in the OST from Stardust Crusaders when Joseph or Jotaro pop up. You can tell there's a lot of love here which is rarity with a lot of anime nowadays!
Also, I laughed at Kira near end...way more than I should've. He's just so awkward whatever he does- it's like the ultimate foil to Dio. That poor waiter,

"What are you doing, sir?! How could you?"

As if past episodes didn't cement it anyway, it's definitely clear that Koichi is this season's Polnareff...even his stand gets character development XD
Despite Josuke being the MC, it's Koichi who first confronts the main villain in super saiyan mode. Loving Act 3 tho, my favorite act yet since it appears to give no shits whatsoever.

Only complaint is that we really haven't seen much of Josuke & that bugs me bc as a character he's got a whole lot to give. I didn't mind so much with Jotaro in part 3 since he wasn't really MC material in the first place, but Josuke is prolly my second favorite JoJo, but I feel like his lack of screentime is holding him back in the development area somewhat :/

Any manga readers tell me if that changes without spoiling anything?? It'd be much appreciated! ^^

Aside from having the wait for nxt week tho, there aren't any major complaints 10/10 episode!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 2, 2016 12:10 PM
Apr 2016
Strawberrycake48 said:

Any manga readers tell me if that changes without spoiling anything?? It'd be much appreciated! ^^

Josuke will indeed have plenty of times to shine, even in this arc, relax.
Sep 2, 2016 12:13 PM

Nov 2012
HigashikataJojo said:
Strawberrycake48 said:

Oh just you wait and watch, Josuke's gonna have some of the most thrilling moments of the whole DiU later on.
Sep 2, 2016 12:13 PM

May 2014
HigashikataJojo said:
Strawberrycake48 said:

Sweet, thanks for the speedy reply!
I miss the hair guru
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 2, 2016 12:19 PM

May 2014
TahZin said:
HigashikataJojo said:

Oh just you wait and watch, Josuke's gonna have some of the most thrilling moments of the whole DiU later on.

Okay now I'm getting way more hyped than I should be! I want him to get his time to shine since y'know..."shine on you crazy diamond" he's one of the more interesting protagonists!
Sep 2, 2016 12:23 PM

Nov 2012
Strawberrycake48 said:
TahZin said:

Okay now I'm getting way more hyped than I should be! I want him to get his time to shine since y'know..."shine on you crazy diamond" he's one of the more interesting protagonists!

Josuke IS the main JoJo in this part, and we've only get introduced to the main villain. Let the "side characters" deal with him for now. Josuke has other stuffs to deal with in his own style. And GOD they are amazing!
Sep 2, 2016 12:25 PM

May 2014
galimx said:
Strawberrycake48 said:

Sure. Josuke will get more screen time. I mean he is the main JoJo. Guess who will fight Kira in the end? Both of their stands are quite a counter to each other, so it will be interesting. You will like it.

Yep I thought that, what with Kira's stand being largely and instantly destructive...it'd definitely make it difficult for Josuke to heal people. Killer queen is more of an instant kill stand from what we've seen so it'll be interesting to see if and how they work around each others abilites!
Sep 2, 2016 12:34 PM

Aug 2012
We got 5 Kira epsiodes. Nice.
Adapting Sheer Heart Atack right after Shigeshi's death was a good choice.
Sep 2, 2016 12:41 PM
Sep 2014
I was so hyped to see jotaro use his stand again. I've missed that ora ora ora!. The stands just keep on getting more powerful as the show goes along. Sheer heart attack is something else. There's not many stands out there capable of beating jotaro. Koichi just got a new upgrade too. Next episode is going to be the S-H-I-T
Sep 2, 2016 1:16 PM

Apr 2014
Oh, its a 'Koichi screeches for 20 minutes straight' episode.
My favorite! Thank you Yuki Kaji.
Sep 2, 2016 1:21 PM
Apr 2012
Hongu said:

Seriously, this is why I'm still salty that it's not Romi Park screaming for 20 minutes straight.

The episode was still great nonetheless.
Sep 2, 2016 1:53 PM

Feb 2013
Hey, look over here

Feb 2013
Wow, Killer Queen is great!
Sheer Heart Attack is tough as a diamond!
Echoes Act 3 is great too, it was funny seeing Kira ripping the clothes of that poor waiter.

Jun 2015
Fumito said:
Hongu said:

Seriously, this is why I'm still salty that it's not Romi Park screaming for 20 minutes straight.

Let Romi Park reprise her role as GIORNO.
Sep 2, 2016 1:57 PM
Apr 2012
TheMaster100 said:
Fumito said:

Daisuke Namikawa has to be GIORNO though!
Sep 2, 2016 2:02 PM

Mar 2016
JOJO, NOOO!!
JOTARO, OUR BABY BOY, HE HAS TO LIVE.

Times like these, I'm so glad I don't read the manga. The suspense game is SO REAL.
So every week I'm not just waiting for a scene from the manga to be animated.
I'm waiting for the story to continue!!! I'm waiting to see the fate of this world's heroes!!

So proud of Koichi! And Echoes ACT 3 is hilarious. Cute boxer shorts, buddy.
Sep 2, 2016 2:08 PM

May 2012
Ulquiorra said:
Wow, Killer Queen is great!
Sheer Heart Attack is tough as a diamond!
Echoes Act 3 is great too, it was funny seeing Kira ripping the clothes of that poor waiter.

High Priestess teeths in part 3 were hard as diamond and look what jotaro did
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKOCrPmU1Z4
Sep 2, 2016 2:09 PM

Jul 2013
best episode of the series so far animation was fantastic i really hope they did fire the people responsible for the previous garbage animation

act 3 was amazing as i'd hoped, B-I-A-C-H
Sep 2, 2016 2:14 PM
Jul 2018
TheMaster100 said:
Fumito said:

Oh god no, Romi Park as Giorno was terrible. Sounded way too much like a kid.
Sep 2, 2016 2:52 PM

Apr 2016
this episode has no weakness
Sep 2, 2016 2:54 PM

Dec 2014
elfguts said:
I live for Echoes swearing. Sad there was no "mission fucking accomplished".

lol same, he says it so casually in the manga. So damn smooth.
Sep 2, 2016 3:04 PM

Jul 2013
Sheer Heart Attack is a beast. Incredible how the extension of an Stand can be so broken. Poor Jotaro really had a hard time (and the odds weren't precisely to his favor in the first place). Still admirable the fact he used the head trying to use that fire to bait Sheer Heart Attack.

Koichi's Echoes Act 3 is very cool. I like how he has some personality of his own. And he even managed to stop Sheert Heart Attack.
Koichi looked pretty badass in this episode. Only JoJo can make Yuki Kaji screams for about 8 minutes and make me still like his character.

The part when Kira accidentally ripped the waiter's clothes and the waiter saids with a deadpan tone that was cruel killed me xD
Sep 2, 2016 3:07 PM
May 2014
elfguts said:
I live for Echoes swearing. Sad there was no "mission fucking accomplished".

It's a shame that was added by the translators. It's not in the original version.
Sep 2, 2016 3:21 PM
Jul 2012
Great episode as always ,but... why didn't koichi just use Echoes to write COLD on himself and Jotaro ? It was such a plain solution .
Sep 2, 2016 3:28 PM

Sep 2013
gallagherakias said:
Great episode as always ,but... why didn't koichi just use Echoes to write COLD on himself and Jotaro ? It was such a plain solution .
Is there an onomatopoeia for cold? Like "shiver" or something.

He's not putting words - more like sound effects.

_Poochyena_ said:
So proud of Koichi! And Echoes ACT 3 is hilarious. Cute boxer shorts, buddy.

It's a bit more of a kilt :P
ShigyCSep 2, 2016 3:33 PM
Always remember that anime is a niche medium in Japan. Manga sells way better
Sep 2, 2016 3:48 PM

Nov 2014
Kochi upgraded. Act 3!

This was the best episode in awhile. I loved seeing JoJo's wit in action again, along with the gloriously cheesy dialogue, and over-dramatic screaming that made the first two seasons so much fun.

5/5
Sep 2, 2016 4:09 PM

Apr 2013
Koichi was annoying this episode by not listening to Jotaro, but he's become such a scrub lately. With ZA WARUDO he shouldn't really have any trouble dealing with anyone really, even when having to save others. Act 3 was alright I guess...
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...
Sep 2, 2016 4:16 PM

Jul 2016
This episode whas the S-H-I-T Hahahahahaha

I loved Kira's arc, even his secondary bomb is a total beast.

The OST in this arc is top-notch it made me remember the good old days od Part1&2 where all the OSTs were masterpieces.
Koichi's arc has concluded with the apearance of ACT 3 who is the real man. Is that inner part of Koichi who is a cool brat that just say what he thinks.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Diamond wa Kudakenai Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 22, 2016

160 by RaphaOtakuBr »»
May 22, 11:21 PM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Diamond wa Kudakenai Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 15, 2016

160 by RaphaOtakuBr »»
May 22, 10:05 PM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Diamond wa Kudakenai Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 8, 2016

149 by RaphaOtakuBr »»
May 22, 6:41 PM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Diamond wa Kudakenai Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 1, 2016

126 by RaphaOtakuBr »»
May 22, 5:03 PM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Diamond wa Kudakenai Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2016

128 by RaphaOtakuBr »»
May 22, 4:29 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.