Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 12, 2016 7:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Meh, the pacing felt like it slowed down this episode with the training. Some of the movements aren't very impressive either imo.

So yeah, I really hope the pacing picks up a bit. Haruki also needs some confidence especially when speaking to girls lol
Jul 12, 2016 8:36 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Really a surprise, this series. Didn't expect it to be good for a cheerleader series. The recruiting of new members is also nice, i like all of the characters in the group.
Jul 12, 2016 8:44 AM
May 2016
I'm liking this a lot. I pretty much exhausted all the sports anime there are, so seeing this novel concept is interesting!
I think the pace is going to be like this - more like a Slice-of-life than a edge-of-the-seat anime. And I don't mind in the least...as long as there's more shounen-ai :3
Jul 12, 2016 9:14 AM
Apr 2016
Very good characters development so far!
So much fun, so much feels, ah i love this anime so much <3
Jul 12, 2016 9:29 AM

Jan 2012
This is quite fun so far :D I liked that ending xD How they stayed in their cool pose and didn't reply lol

Oh and good thing the ones holding the top aren't called bottom......
Jul 12, 2016 9:30 AM

Feb 2013
Jul 12, 2016 9:48 AM
Jul 2018
Enjoying Hiroyuki Asada's characters design a lot. They're like a holy water for eyes.

Recruiting members is going fast.
Kazuma is so serious about the club and so determined to realize his dream.
And Haruki...haha! He's funny - constantly turning red; cheerleading is just that embarrassing for him.
The tennis boys got me surprised with their sudden flips in the end of the cheering.

Ah, OnoYuu's chara next week; I can't wait!
Jul 12, 2016 9:53 AM
Jul 2018
The boys are recruiting members so fast! The three new members seem like nice guys!
Jul 12, 2016 9:58 AM

Mar 2015
I couldn't help giggling when Haru was talking about being the "top"... I was like boy you are not the top, Kazu is the top. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Seriously, this show is pretty cute... getting some Free vibes, definitely

Jul 12, 2016 10:32 AM

Sep 2013
i can't tell why i like this but i do
Jul 12, 2016 10:59 AM

Apr 2011
I'm in love with this show and I'm in love with all the boys in it and I hope it gets at least two cours.
Jul 12, 2016 11:05 AM

Aug 2012
excited for pink haired shota
Jul 12, 2016 11:23 AM

Sep 2014
These characters are amazing.
Jul 12, 2016 11:59 AM

Aug 2014
I'm offended that the next episode preview was subbed (or even named) after a squirrel. The shirt obviously shows a chipmunk.

Jul 12, 2016 12:50 PM
Apr 2015
Haruki is extremely cute .....especially when he is blushing....anime is awesome so far...excited to see how they will form a team n practice to perform...:)
Jul 12, 2016 1:43 PM

Oct 2015
Wataru Mizoguchi absolutely makes this show. Seriously one of the funniest characters I've seen in awhile. Without him I would drop it to be honest. First episode was OK this one felt a little slower, even though the club is quickly gaining members and popularity, so not sure why it feels so off to be honest.
Jul 12, 2016 2:34 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Really liking this series, despite some second-hand embarrassments haha. Like when Haru was practicing early in the morning and startled that girl who was running XD I'm like that too, I willingly do some stuff but then get embarrassed about it. But it's great that's Haru's really giving his all to cheerleading, despite not being on board right away. Happy for them that they managed to recruit three more members this episode, and two of them already know some tumbling. And I also love Kazu's personality, he's so enthusiastic and positive, but not in the overbearing way.

This is a really relaxing series :)
Jul 12, 2016 3:48 PM

Dec 2014
well more members are adding up... let's see how it goes for now
Jul 12, 2016 4:24 PM

Jul 2011
Omg somebody stop Mizo. Staphhhh. XD

KAZUMA I LOVE YOU OMG. YOU THE BEST.
Uncompromising, straightforward, serious but nonchalant... He supports people, pushes them in the right direction, and he does everything without embarrassment or being overbearing. I love this guy!!

Edit:Cheers Danshi!! is modelled after SHOCKERS, an actual all-boys cheerleading team from Japan. Right down to logo and some traits/backstories of the characters. This episode, the demonstration was like their opening bit with the clapping and fistpumps plus they had BLACK AND YELLOW (during episode intermission).

I heard Initial D, Thanks for the Memories and Hot Limit!?

Look how much fun they're having!

Also, runner girl is a character later. Forgot she had a profile.

Edit #2: July 17
Shadow-Chan said:
Mirorin said:
Edit: Looks like they took some inspiration from SHOCKERS this episode, an actual all-boys cheerleading team from Japan. The demonstration was like their opening bit with the clapping and fistpumps plus they had BLACK AND YELLOW (during episode intermission).

I see why. They are totally modeled after them. From logo to uniform.
They are even very similar.
MirorinJul 17, 2016 2:36 PM
Jul 12, 2016 4:43 PM
Aug 2014
Stark700 said:
Meh, the pacing felt like it slowed down this episode with the training. Some of the movements aren't very impressive either imo.

What do you expect? everyone being able to do a backflip after 1 day of training? Of course they won´t use any impressive moves at the beginning of their training ...
Jul 12, 2016 5:17 PM

Jun 2013
they have new members and they're training
Jul 12, 2016 5:20 PM

Apr 2016
this show is so cringe but i love it!! lol
i also adore it when the characters blush
Jul 12, 2016 5:54 PM

Oct 2011
new members yay. Harukazu 😍
Jul 12, 2016 8:13 PM

May 2009
I swear to god that Kazu is an " S" for making them practice in front of people, talk about peer pressure LOL!
Mizo is the best! LOL He's so awkward, but in a good way XD
Haru is awkward too, but in a different way, still a cutie pie!
All right six members! Can't wait for the next member :)
Jul 12, 2016 9:54 PM

Jun 2013
I think this is my surprise of the season so far! Its so enjoyable and the characters have really good chemistry
Also, the ED is cute AF!
Jul 12, 2016 11:35 PM

Dec 2009
Definitely love me sports anime, especially when its something like Cheer leading which isn't covered often. I don't get the complaints about pacing since focusing on recruiting 3 members in one episode isn't bad at all, and we learned a lot about these characters in this single episode as well. Mizo is the best character though, holy shit.
Jul 12, 2016 11:40 PM

Jan 2014
HARUKAZU IS CANON

This is bringing back my high school days. I actually miss Cheer but I remember when I started out like Haru and was embarrassed to be a guy doing it.
Jul 13, 2016 12:28 AM

Apr 2015
when the club was doing their cheer at the end to recruit the members I was legit cringing (until the final pose with the 2 other ppl joining, then I was like YAS) but it was hardcore cringe
But I love the show though :D
Jul 13, 2016 5:43 AM

Jul 2015
Because I'm one of those people who like slow-paced anime I found this episode highly enjoyable, although it was full of secondhand embarrassment. 5/5
Jul 13, 2016 7:16 AM

Jul 2014
This is actually pretty fun. I thought it would be kind of stupid but it's not :P
Doctors want to check me
Poke me and dissect me
What do they expect?
Feelings from a wind-up toy?
I don't think so

Jul 13, 2016 7:38 AM

Jan 2014
Surprisingly, this show is actually really fun to watch! It ain't no Free or Kuroko no Basuke, but it's still entertaining none the less.

I'm really enjoying how slow paced it is, giving the characters time to develop and progress throughout the show. Even highlighting some turmoil with Haru and his sister after his decision of quitting the family judo club.

Mirorin said:

Uncompromising, straightforward, serious but nonchalant... He supports people, pushes them in the right direction, and he does everything without embarrassment or being overbearing. I love this guy!!

I agree. I also like how open he is when welcoming the other members, in particular, Toono. Seeing someone of his weight and not judging him for it is really awesome of him.

Another thing I liked was showing how embarrassed Haru was during the training, looking over cringe-worthy photos of himself and even performing in front of a small crowd. It seems realistic and is a nice demonstration of characterisation for him.

Mirorin said:

Edit: Looks like they took some inspiration from SHOCKERS this episode, an actual all-boys cheerleading team from Japan. The demonstration was like their opening bit with the clapping and fistpumps plus they had BLACK AND YELLOW (during episode intermission).

This was a nice find! Really interesting and getting me somewhat hyped for future episodes.

P.S. here's hoping it won't be 12 episodes or less...
KingKeyJul 13, 2016 10:23 AM
Jul 13, 2016 8:26 AM

Feb 2016
Aaah, here comes the guilty pleasure.

That was too embarassing to watch, but why do I kind of like it?
All people have their own sh*t tastes, therefore, there are no sh*t tastes, since everything is equally sh*t.

A VERY LOGICAL
PHILOSOPHY
Jul 13, 2016 9:34 AM

Oct 2015
zacvine said:
Wataru Mizoguchi absolutely makes this show. Seriously one of the funniest characters I've seen in awhile.

Yep, Mizo is quite funny.
The show was fun to watch. Hope they pick up the pace a little.

Fake people have an image to maintain. Real people just don’t care.
Jul 13, 2016 9:43 AM

Jun 2016
Mirorin said:

oh my gosh!!!! thank you for this..i was totally screaming...this is like anime come to life XD

and yeah..when they started it was cringy but it was still a freaking fun episode...

ps: i tried to identify the characters from the videos but i could only spot the pink haired guy >w<
Jul 13, 2016 9:51 AM

Jul 2016
I think Mizoguchi can be a bit too awkward sometimes though. Can't really laugh at everything he does or says.

Despite that I'm glad they got three members more this episode. Things are surely going to get livelier from here on. Can't wait till they do more elaborate stuff and people actually start supporting them. ~

Also,
elfprincess99 said:
I couldn't help giggling when Haru was talking about being the "top"... I was like boy you are not the top, Kazu is the top. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

This. hahah
Jul 13, 2016 10:48 AM

Sep 2015
Am I the only one who sang and danced along the demonstration? xD Haha, I was yelling and clapping and probably disturbed the neighbors.
Jul 13, 2016 11:05 AM

Jun 2012
Mizo remains my favorite character... the scene where he flips over trying to do a handstand actually made me laugh out loud, which doesn't happen much.

The music continues to be enjoyable which is also a plus for me...

I think disapproval from Haru's sister is going to be an issue for this series, but for whatever final tournament ends the show I'm sure that will be the moment Haru's sister comes to cheer HIM on for a change and that will be a big moment.
luigi-dudeJul 13, 2016 11:18 AM
Jul 13, 2016 12:48 PM
May 2016
Hahahahaha I'm actually enjoying this show !
I'm having enough disappointment from other summers show but this..is really something! I have a lot of respect for these guys, really.

And yeah, knb, haikyuu, free and all vibes! Come gather around!

P/s: Mizo is so stupid XD, Sugita is really doing a good job though.
Jul 13, 2016 12:54 PM
May 2016
YumiAkihiko said:
Mirorin said:

oh my gosh!!!! thank you for this..i was totally screaming...this is like anime come to life XD

and yeah..when they started it was cringy but it was still a freaking fun episode...

ps: i tried to identify the characters from the videos but i could only spot the pink haired guy >w<

OMG THIS. I AM TOTALLY IMPRESSED
Jul 13, 2016 1:40 PM

Jan 2011
way more better than ep1 also the ending is super cute...
Jul 13, 2016 4:14 PM

Jul 2009
Omg Kazu is seriously the cutest xD And Haru is so earnest, practicing by himself. Love the new recruits, waiting for afro-kun from the opening.
anohimenome said:
YumiAkihiko said:

SO AM I!! GO BOY CHEERLEADERS!
InugirlzJul 13, 2016 4:17 PM
Jul 13, 2016 9:31 PM

Mar 2016
Sorami-pyon said:
I'm liking this a lot. I pretty much exhausted all the sports anime there are, so seeing this novel concept is interesting!
I think the pace is going to be like this - more like a Slice-of-life than a edge-of-the-seat anime. And I don't mind in the least...as long as there's more shounen-ai :3

I have 2 sports anime to recommend. Baby Steps and Slam Dunk. Both are amazing!
Currently eating. Probably.
Jul 14, 2016 2:32 AM

Sep 2009
Quite a bit of character development for the existing characters (which is good) while introducing new members. Ichiro and Gen sure had a cool way of joining the club haha.

This episode has got me excited for future episodes. Looks like things will be getting fun soon :D
Jul 14, 2016 3:30 AM

Jul 2013
the pacing of this episode was a tiiiny bit slower than the last, yes, but i still liked it. besides, it's much better to start off slow and then build up rather than throwing everything at the viewer early on to keep them interested then petering off midway as they have nothing more to give...

anyway, that aside, i love the new people they've recruited! :) i'm excited to see some of the older ones (possibly third years? - ACK. just realized that in itself is going to be a feels trip TT_TT) join since i'm really digging the character design of one of them from the op, haha.

tbh i see nothing wrong with their current moveset - they're literally beginners. if anything i'd be raising an eyebrow or both if they'd mastered a complex routine in the space of one episode. like, i know, Sports Anime Logic and all, but i guess i'm glad they're taking a more realistic approach, it seems? :D

i'm also liking the subplot with the conflict with his sister. i guess i kind of relate to it... being the black sheep of the family, not living up to expectations, yadda yadda
Jul 14, 2016 4:01 AM

Nov 2012
that scene with the ladybug was so random.. the guy appeared later on and all, but still.. lol
i enjoyed this episode for the most part though, and mizo had some funny moments again.
Jul 14, 2016 11:11 AM

Jul 2013
I like the new characters introduced so far, can't wait for next week's character !

Everyone is cute & funny in their own way...I might get to like this anime a lot ! Seeing Haruki genuinely smile while cheerleading was so good to see, and then the awesome backflips ! So damn cool~

Oh...In the OP...A PINK-HAIRED SHOTA ! How unexpected ! irony

Jul 14, 2016 11:16 AM

Mar 2015

Mizoguchi ships them, too  ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Such a nice anime. I had lowe exspectations at first. But now I look forward to every episode.
HelenusJul 14, 2016 11:19 AM
Jul 14, 2016 5:27 PM

Apr 2015
I'm officially a Mizogushi trash. Really looking forward to the next episode.
Jul 15, 2016 8:10 AM
May 2016
Marvelman810 said:
Sorami-pyon said:

I have 2 sports anime to recommend. Baby Steps and Slam Dunk. Both are amazing!

Lol I've seen both...along with a whole lot of others.
Let me recommend one too - try Major. The feels are top-notch
Jul 15, 2016 8:21 AM
May 2016
anohimenome said:
YumiAkihiko said:

Holy sh*t this is like the spitting real-life counterpart of the breakers!
Even the whole "Go! Fight! Win!" is exactly the same!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» does anyone know if cheer boys/danshi boys is kid appropriate

Haikyuu_ForLife - Jan 25, 2023

6 by tinker3bellz1 »»
Jan 26, 2023 5:28 AM

Poll: » Cheer Danshi!! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2016

51 by Stormy_77 »»
Oct 28, 2022 10:29 PM

Poll: » Cheer Danshi!! Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2016

44 by Stormy_77 »»
Oct 28, 2022 9:33 PM

Poll: » Cheer Danshi!! Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2016

27 by Stormy_77 »»
Oct 28, 2022 9:13 PM

Poll: » Cheer Danshi!! Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2016

22 by Stormy_77 »»
Oct 28, 2022 8:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.