Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
May 15, 2016 1:19 PM
Mar 2016
Hey there. Could someone remind me please how did they figure that Masaki must be a ghost?
May 15, 2016 2:21 PM
Apr 2014
zellami said:
Also, why is it it Mitsumune (if he is the real one) sees the fence from first person point of view if it was Tokimune who climbed the fence and perished. Either Mitsumune is Tokimune or the two kids climbed the fence.
I really thought the mom liked more the obedient child at first, moreover their names are somewhat related - Mitsuko and Mitsumune. The "unruly" behavior in children is often related to attracting attention and Tokimune wouldn't "sorry" and cry his eyes out while unconscious if he doesn't feel guilt and/or self-pity. Bottling this down for years, might be indeed next to "explosion".

The way I see it, Tokimune climbed the fence first, and then Mitsumune followed him.

When the mother shouts you see Tokimune turn around, but you never see him fall.

However you do see the penguin, Mitsumune's toy, fall from the roof.

= Mitsumune died, and Tokimune blaming himself started to think he was his dead brother.

= Everyone, except for the mother, believes that Tokimune fell from the roof and Mitsumune survived, but they are all wrong.
May 15, 2016 2:29 PM

Jul 2009
Mitsumune's past was sad, he lost his identity.

Of course it would end when Masaki decided to talk...
May 15, 2016 2:34 PM

Aug 2014
Are you kidding me? These people are all retards. How in the hell do they come to the conclusion she's a ghost that can be tied up and can bleed? Apparently they're all fine with murder as well. That was so random and unbelievable, at least they should've made Masaki way more suspicious, because I refuse to buy this.

Nanko and Lion still have a working brain, it seems.

Really poorly handled episode, imo.
~||Sky of the Night Light||~
May 15, 2016 2:44 PM

May 2015
Poor Tokimune...oh...wait... I did it again.

Mayoiga is a letdown to me but maybe it gets better in future.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
May 15, 2016 2:55 PM
Nov 2012
Lovepon getting sick on someone made me laugh, guess she is not so annoying after all. Hayato well you could see it a thousand miles away. Mitsumune punching Hayato was a surprise for me.

Lion & Nanko good to see like actually normal people & not the hive mind group.
LazerEyeBeamMay 15, 2016 2:58 PM
May 15, 2016 3:36 PM

Dec 2012
TheToad said:
zellami said:
Also, why is it it Mitsumune (if he is the real one) sees the fence from first person point of view if it was Tokimune who climbed the fence and perished. Either Mitsumune is Tokimune or the two kids climbed the fence.
I really thought the mom liked more the obedient child at first, moreover their names are somewhat related - Mitsuko and Mitsumune. The "unruly" behavior in children is often related to attracting attention and Tokimune wouldn't "sorry" and cry his eyes out while unconscious if he doesn't feel guilt and/or self-pity. Bottling this down for years, might be indeed next to "explosion".

The way I see it, Tokimune climbed the fence first, and then Mitsumune followed him.

When the mother shouts you see Tokimune turn around, but you never see him fall.

However you do see the penguin, Mitsumune's toy, fall from the roof.

= Mitsumune died, and Tokimune blaming himself started to think he was his dead brother.

= Everyone, except for the mother, believes that Tokimune fell from the roof and Mitsumune survived, but they are all wrong.

Ok, in episode 1, it's Mitsumune, who is running on the fence - his pants are long, his shoes are red, and he has no penguin.
In episode 7, it's Tokimune, who is running the on the fence, he ears shorts and blue shoes, and holds the penguin.

If Tokimune had turned abruptly upon his mother's shout, and if Mitsumune had followed him on the fence, most likely they had clashed, the penguin flew away on the direction of the street, Mistumune grabbed to save it, falling down and hitting his head on the pavement or the asphalt.. The fence separates a street from a front yard, so it could be that the two fell on the both sides of the fence, but this is too much of overthinking.
May 15, 2016 3:45 PM
Jun 2015
They have to overcome their fears and accept reality by not running away! If they keep getting worst, they will died unless they overcome their fears and change their lives. If they don't overcome their fears and their behaviors, I will never forgive them ever again!
May 15, 2016 6:04 PM

Jun 2013
Definitely the best episode so far!
May 15, 2016 7:15 PM

Sep 2012
Someone should give Mitsu a machine gun so he can hose down every brainless fucktard in this anime. Ohmygod, the stupidity in this anime...
Friends are there to lend a hand when you can’t do something on your own. It’s not one person doing all the work protecting everyone, we help each other when in need. That’s what friends are for.
May 15, 2016 7:55 PM

Aug 2014
It would've been more interesting if there was Tokimune instead of the penguin as Mitsumune's feared monster
Ruka desu.
May 15, 2016 8:15 PM

Oct 2012
VanishingKira said:
This episode in a nutshell

That said fuck his mom for favoritism.
^ Pretty much this
It seems Nanko and Lion are the only rational ones atm
gust11May 15, 2016 8:18 PM
"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
- Oreki Houtarou
May 16, 2016 1:28 AM

Dec 2012
Wow this episode was very interesting. The past of Mitsumune is though. Her mother erased his existence to perpetuate Tokimune.
I like that Mitsumune has a real back-story and he thinks by himself.
Poor Masaki, she really doesn't seem guilty :/.
May 16, 2016 2:30 AM
Jan 2012
I had to edit to add that it means nothing that she can bleed or that she have a body they all could still be dead and this is just the afterlife there is no tell of what happens at that point so is to frer interpretation so pls sfop saying they are dumb because they can touch her.
I liked the esp. I think they are going a little crazy and there still a lot o stuff hidden mmm.
I am not sure if someone pointed this out already but anyone else is getting Angel Beats bi from this show at this point? Like in special the part in the tunnel she(really bad with names) told him that this is not the exit but you need to go through here, maybe they all died when the truck feel? Or maybe even before, that is why they can't really leave this place anymore, she said she is not a spirit but that doesn't means that she is not dead.
That would explain why she remembered something and felt in the beginning she remembered she was dead or something like.
Personally i hope is something more original.
ElliscgMay 16, 2016 2:39 AM
May 16, 2016 4:46 AM
Mar 2012
Fantastic tenseness & comedy (compared to previous backstory mess).
Mikage stress how everyone's hiding their specific monster fears.
Mitsumune got erased. Some sympathy for his messed up family, another terrible mother (i just finished BokuMachi yesterday...). Penguin was cute tho. His behavior makes a lot of sense now.

Train tunnel sounds like a Rite of Passage. He must either conquer his inner fear, or hide in the village.

Witch Hunt! That prepping & climax were tons of crazy fun. Was expecting salt throwing tho. Lovepon writes Heart Sutra, becomes Pukey #2, doesn't shout "Execute" but gets to scream "be gone, evil spirit!" Quite some development.
But she got one upped by Speedstar the gay yandere.

Nanko the most intelligent sane person left, does that mean deathflag? Lion just angsty, too bad she's got little screentime so far.

Stalked leg girl some interesting commentary...

Relevant OP texts (some I translated):
Mitsumune:
Mother
本当の自分: reality/truth of self
(middle line dunno)
Romance

Speedstar:
reasoner
溺愛overprotection
imprison, birdcage
gophercgMay 16, 2016 4:51 AM
May 16, 2016 5:21 AM

Mar 2016
Pretty interesting episode. So after they did some digging on masaki's past and background and knew she dissapeared near the village at some point in the past , they still insist she's a ghost who brought with her all these scary apparitions they're seeing based on what lies deep within them from fear to guilt to tragedy in their past lives . And man mitsumune's past story is so sad. Losing your identity at the hands of your own mother . Now i see why he was so happy that masaki liked his name , I thought he was desperate back then lol .that cliffhanger , i was so excited to see what masaki will say .
May 16, 2016 6:46 AM
Jan 2013
once again i inquire if somebody has any knowledge of whose person wrote this?
please? anybody?

Anybody noticed that night seems to never end?

Mitsumune's past was treated as a plot device, a form of excuse so its character could act like a cunt and being unreasonable. So his mother favor his twin brother more, then when his twin bro was dead, his identity became confused. Folks, c'mon nobody could be sane and confused about her kids at the same time. Granted then, one person, but his father too? that's stupid. Moreover, no kids would accept neither that treatment without resistance, nor obidiently accept.

When masaki shout 'mitsumune' word the shit out of him, somehow he's happy, but when it's hayato? No 'bro before hoe'? this one hell of huge chunk of shit right here.
opikteaMay 16, 2016 6:54 AM
May 16, 2016 8:38 AM

Feb 2016
the soundtrack that was used in the beginning fits the tone of this show very well. it's creepy how mitsumune's mum didn't care about him at all but preferred tokimune over him. i know that she had been under shock etc but still it's strange.
besides those monsters appearing in this anime are creepy as hell. furthermore i didn't understand how they came to the conclusion that masaki is responsible for all this. it doesn't make sense that mitsumune and that guy with glasses do get along so well as if nothing happened at all.
towards the end everyone went somewhat crazy and i didnt't think of speedstar being as crazy as that yandere girl i mean he totally went nuts lol.
all of them jumped to conclusions without any rational basis. that's probably because everyone's panicking right now.
the episode itself went a little too fast, it lacked overall logic on some points but i guess this also adds up to the tone of this show.
May 16, 2016 10:42 AM

Mar 2012
I figured out that Mitsumune had a twin a few episodes back, but I never thought that he had actually replaced his dead brother. That's messed up.
Hayato went apeshit. You don't like sharing your boyfriend, we get it, chill!

May 16, 2016 1:42 PM

Jun 2009
Lovepon and Hayato make a good match. :D I still like Lovepon even though she's still being, well, herself. I wish somebody would stab Hayato though. And wtf is wrong with everyone? Even Valkana and Koharun made no actual effort to stop others from torturing Masaki. Plus, how the hell can a kid like Hayato be stronger than a grown man like Valkana? o.O
Since Masaki keeps saying she's not a ghost (and she bleeds after being cut), I guess she's something else.
May 16, 2016 2:43 PM

Jun 2015
What the hell is wrong with these people?
I was kinda hoping they'd kill her and then realize it did nothing.
May 16, 2016 7:13 PM

Dec 2012
HayatoxMitsumune I love yanderes. OMG I swear some people commenting, it's not a crime to be gay.
May 17, 2016 5:16 AM
Jul 2018
No, no, no. That cliffhanger is straight up durty. She was about to spit the words.

Jonny_Mhl said:
So now nobody gives a flying f**k about the three missing guys? Are you serious?

I, myself, forgot about them. XD

Astor_Reinhardt said:
Lovepon and glasses guy REALLY need to die soon. Glad to see Masaki is still "alive" at the end...I like her.

By glasses guy, you mean Mikage? No, just not him. :(
removed-userMay 17, 2016 5:31 AM
May 17, 2016 8:33 AM

Aug 2013
Best ep so far.

Poor masaki :/ I didn't like her before but this episode really makes me pity her :(

Didn't expect Hayato to be a yandere though...

Other characters are dumb. Nanko best girl 100%

that CLIFFHANGER THO

May 17, 2016 9:20 AM

Oct 2015
first actual cliffhanger
May 17, 2016 11:35 PM
Jul 2012
this show is a trainwreck lmfao. i'm only watching it at this point to see where this disaster will finish up.

nanko best girl

also if they had to cut her off before she spoke, then her confession probs isn't even surprising if the writers thought it wouldn't be able to hook us to wait another week.
May 18, 2016 1:42 AM

Dec 2013
FragOutFire said:
Isaidlunch said:
wtf was up with Valkana in the last scene

Valkana: Do not stab that girl! Let's be rational! Oh no, this kid just punched his friend... Better hold him down, make sure he doesn't hurt anyone anymore, while his friend prepares to OJ Simpson this poor girl

that's some amazing bipolarism, valkana

lmao same thoughts. Valkana did that for plot lol
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
May 18, 2016 2:39 AM

May 2016
that cliffhanger at the end was too much, got me pissed off a little
May 18, 2016 4:55 AM
Jul 2015
So all this is going on and all and everyone are freaking and the sort but....For now I am gonna rejoice cause I have found my OTP!!! XD
Hayato x Mitsumune lol But speaking seriously now I wouldn't find it strange if Hayato is actually in love with Mitsumune and like got jealous cause Mitsumune was all over Masaki xD
Let me dream please lol
May 18, 2016 6:00 AM
Jan 2010
opiktea said:

They've been meaning to go to sleep like at least thrice now and the night just seems to keep going with no end in sight
May 18, 2016 6:48 AM
Jan 2013
StardustReverie said:
opiktea said:

They've been meaning to go to sleep like at least thrice now and the night just seems to keep going with no end in sight

Unless they provide a plausible explaination, this show is already infuriating as it is...
May 18, 2016 10:48 AM

Nov 2015
That cliffhanger tho!!!
May 18, 2016 6:14 PM

Sep 2013
Mob mentality is truly scary............when 2-3 people boss around a bunch of 30 people , you know that this crowd is uber shit.
May 18, 2016 9:30 PM

Oct 2009
This show always surprises you, and yeah
TrashDax said:
What the hell is wrong with these people?
I was kinda hoping they'd kill her and then realize it did nothing.

hoping that would happen too, then they could start killing each others out of their misery.
The most important things in life is the people that you care about
May 19, 2016 8:33 AM
Apr 2015
Mitsumune's backstory could've been a lot more effective if they didn't race through the pre-accident favouritism. It also would have been more effective if Tokimune hadn't mysteriously climbed up the 2-metre high wall that apparently led to his death.

The only reason I'm still paying attention is because of the cliffhangers.
May 19, 2016 9:28 PM

Oct 2008
Such intense chaosness! Evey event happening is considered such twistedness!
Love-pon is a lost cause!
We get to see the past of Mitsumune!
poor Masaki got treated like a witch!
5/5.

May 21, 2016 4:48 AM

May 2010
Okay, Hayato is starting to annoy me, too. He thinks he owns Mitsumune, meh.

Lion and Nanba are the best. Koharun and Valcana aren't bad either. Soy Latte and Yamuchi, too. Rest are kinda meh. This is starting to remind me of Shiki... how horrible humans can get once it comes to supernatural things. Bleh.

Wth Valcana. You held down Hayato first, but when Mitsu did it, you grabbed him, too. If you wanted some manly hugs, you could just say it. Meh.

Oh yea, you say that he is being deceived, but you don't have any proof. Good logic.
May 21, 2016 12:17 PM

Jun 2010
Tokoya said:
Z4k said:
People had been speculating about this for quite a while but apparently the twin theory was true. Mitsumune had a twin brother called Tokimune who died and now he's pretending to be him.

Now it makes sense why he told Masaki Mitsumune was his real name or why Speedstar didn't know.

Wasn't his crazy mom the one who started calling him Tokimune?
I almost can't believe that it's actually true....This flashback was interesting

So Mitsumune's brother died and his mother started to call him Tokimune. I wonder why she didn't get any professional help.
I think Mitsumune just accepted being called Tokimune, since he seems to feel somehow responsible of his brother's death. But also I wonder why his mother just seemed to be happy by having only "Tokimune". She suddenly forgot she had 2 sons?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 21, 2016 7:20 PM

Apr 2015
omg those guys are fucking crazy. They want to stab the girl because she is supposedly a ghost? What a stupid idea. No wonder why hayato was one of the people that agreed with that shit

Hayato and the other dude that looks like him need to die now! Kill them jack xD
May 21, 2016 7:27 PM

Apr 2015
Satomi_fan said:
Hey there. Could someone remind me please how did they figure that Masaki must be a ghost?

Because a girl called masaki got lost in a village next to nanaki village. No one found her and then, they concluded that she is a ghost hahahaha
May 21, 2016 7:45 PM

Feb 2016
Now i'm for sure ppl who judge masaki and dont use their mind properly are such a annoying. When mitsumune was schoked when someone asked reiji was masaki's,i just smile to him rofl
May 22, 2016 1:39 PM

Dec 2015
The flashback of the week was interesting.

The crazy meeting of the week was... crazy. Seriously, are they all insane? "Masaki is dead... she's a ghost" "this will all end if we get rid of her" "let's start witch/masaki hunt!"
"be rational" (let her be killed)

2/5
Jun 3, 2016 4:16 PM
Jul 2018
Mitsumune punching that guy in the face was actually kinda satisfying.
Jun 4, 2016 6:30 PM
Sep 2013
Oh great, the guy who seem like he might be the only clear-headed, non-crazy, non-annoying character turned out to be a crazy homo. Now the only two remotely likeable characters left are the college chick studying the village and the programmer thug guy but I don't know how long that's gonna last.
Jun 5, 2016 12:58 PM
Apr 2014
Damn that's a heavy background story Mitsumune has. Even his father stopped calling him that oO

omfg this group makes me sick. Most of them are stupid and the rest can't decide for themselves. On top of that the few people with a still working brain somehow got talked into following them, too, with the exception of Lion and Nanko... I'm really disappointed in Valkana and Koharun. And Speedstar/Hayato turned out to be a real asshole. Hope Mitsumune stops blindly following him after that.

Anyway. It's about time Masaki talks. Maybe could have prevented this if she did that earlier. But I have to say if she says she is a ghost now I'm going to drop this. First I was glad she decided to "tell the truth" but right after she finished that sentence I had that bad feeling that it actually will be something like that -.-
NanashiJun 5, 2016 1:02 PM
Jun 9, 2016 12:27 PM

Mar 2016
On the verge of dropping, but I won't
Jun 9, 2016 4:58 PM

Dec 2012
I'm finally back to watching Cringe Village.... thank God I took a break from it lol, I don't think i could take anymore more cliffhangers.
Jun 13, 2016 1:52 AM

Jul 2013
I actually liked Mitsumune's past. Felt serious, not laughably bad and I actually felt sorry for him. It really didn't feel like an episode of Mayoiga with all that seriousness...

... Fortunately, we come back to classic Mayoiga comedy gold when we return to see the group's actions. All the scene when they are preparing the ritual to capture Masaki, the calm with they talk of killing her and talking about supernatural stuff like if that thing would be normal, the stupidity with they accept Masaki is a ghost even when she says they are wrong and didn't even try to defend herself, Valkana stopping Hayato at first from stabbing Masaki to later restrains Mitsumune and let Hayato stabs her, everything was 11/10.

And Hayato turned to be a yandere prick at the end. Mitsumune should have punched him more. It seems everyone except Mitsumune, Lion, detective girl and Yamauchi is really nuts.

That cliffhanger though...
Jun 15, 2016 6:10 PM
Sep 2009
Mitsumune sure got short end of a stick. Mother was fully his brother obsessed and now that he is gone, Mitsumune literally became non existent. His whole family is no better fr letting it continue like that.

Hayato never gave me good vibes, his obsession with Mitsumune seemed kinda irrational. But looks like he is just crazy and madly in love with him...

Mitsumune needs new friends who care and are not creepy.
Jun 21, 2016 9:34 PM

Feb 2014
Poor Mitsumune :( His own mother prefers his twin brother over him and still does after his death. He deserves much better.

Everyone speculates Masaki is a ghost is pretty hilarious because there's no way she can be a ghost.

Lovely episode. And I ship Hayato and Mitsumune hard!
Cartoons and anime is my reality.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mayoiga Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 6, 2016

304 by phantom346 »»
Aug 23, 2:59 PM

Poll: » Mayoiga Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 22, 2016

351 by phantom346 »»
Aug 14, 7:53 PM

Poll: » Mayoiga Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 15, 2016

395 by phantom346 »»
Aug 7, 12:57 PM

Poll: » Mayoiga Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 8, 2016

292 by phantom346 »»
Aug 7, 12:53 PM

Poll: » Mayoiga Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 1, 2016

470 by phantom346 »»
Aug 7, 12:50 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.