Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 17, 2015 9:10 AM

Apr 2012
Very slow, but Shiro's return was pretty cool.

So far I am getting the impression that this is even worse than the prequel, so probably less than 6/10 for me.
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Oct 17, 2015 9:36 AM

Mar 2013
Glad to see Shiro back.

And lol at Yata delivering Neko's panties XD
Tho wonder what is the Miyabi Ameno stuff Green Clan is calling her.
Oct 17, 2015 11:32 AM

Mar 2013
VanishingKira said:
3 episode later,he finally stopped falling
LoL XD

glad to see Shiro again ! ^^

Ending should have been the opening , really...
Oct 17, 2015 12:26 PM

Nov 2012
The movie and this season is a lot better to me than the first season.
Jaywalker.
Oct 17, 2015 4:12 PM

Sep 2014
This episode was awesome, lots of action.
Interesting to see Shiro back.
Also I always like to see Fushimi, glad he made an appearance.
Oct 17, 2015 6:54 PM

Jul 2014
Where was Shiro the whole time again? I kinda forgot.
Oct 17, 2015 7:35 PM

Aug 2015
Fenix29 said:
Where was Shiro the whole time again? I kinda forgot.
shopping....
Oct 17, 2015 8:16 PM

Nov 2012
Green king finally appears and Shiro comes back. Good episode ^.^ Beginning was a little slow, but picked up half way through ^.^

Oct 17, 2015 10:22 PM

Jul 2014
Hmm... I don't like the Green King tbh. And we can finally get to know Neko's true identity in the future episodes and as to why the Blue King calls her a "Strain". I just hope Kuroh is granted powers by Shiro and he kills Yukari by himself in the end.
Oct 17, 2015 11:28 PM
Dec 2013
I wasn't too surprised about Neko's name reveal because it was mentioned elsewhere (in either a light novel or a manga, I can't remember) but I'm quite curious about what the Green King wants her for? I can't really think of anything off the top of my head and I found his answer to that question quite vague and terrible. I hated that he asked for her alive if only because it made her into a damsel, and while I don't care about people needing to be rescued (because people can't always save themselves, you know) it felt extremely unnecessary and at the end it seemed like it was just there to make Shiro's appearance seem so much more important.

I love you, Shiro, but you can't just fall out of the sky and lecture someone about attacking the family you abandoned yourself.

(Also, didn't season one teach us that Neko is like, super powerful? I guess we ran out of time. Also it's not like Kuroh to just, not fight back at all. Was he really going to let his senior kill him? Just like that?)

I agree on the pacing part. While season two is definitely gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous, we covered a lot less in three episodes then we should have. A lot of information that we knew was repeated and this is frustrating especially because there's a lot we don't know.

The fanservice kills me. It's not bad like some anime, but in a show with exactly three important females, fanservice is kind of deadly.
Oct 18, 2015 2:06 AM

Dec 2013
After two and 4/5ths of an episode, the plot is finally starting.....
Shiro's entrance was literally bomb. XD
The interactions between Red and Blue are fun to watch as well. I guess we'll get to see more of it next episode when they all convene together at the King's meeting.

Greeny was kinda weird though. With all the high tech stuff he has on his chair, you'd expect he could afford better than that run-down apartment he's staying with his cronies. Cannot wait to see them reveal Neko's story. Of females in this story, I feel like she's by far the most interesting one.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Oct 18, 2015 4:52 AM

Aug 2010
L-Ryoshi said:

Greeny was kinda weird though. With all the high tech stuff he has on his chair, you'd expect he could afford better than that run-down apartment he's staying with his cronies. Cannot wait to see them reveal Neko's story. Of females in this story, I feel like she's by far the most interesting one.

I Like it. They are probably the poorest clan in the series lol.
Oct 18, 2015 5:04 AM

Nov 2012
VanishingKira said:
3 episode later,he finally stopped falling

lmao this

yata's reaction to the panties was hilarious. he is so innocent lol
Oct 18, 2015 6:07 AM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
Shiro is back!!! Great entrance. This anime is just amazing
Oct 18, 2015 3:37 PM

Jan 2011
Now that Shiro has returned the plot can kick into gear. I wonder how Neko's other identity will factor into the plot. And shouldn't the next Gold King appear at some point since the previous one has died?
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Oct 18, 2015 4:51 PM

Aug 2014
rodac said:
Now that Shiro has returned the plot can kick into gear. I wonder how Neko's other identity will factor into the plot. And shouldn't the next Gold King appear at some point since the previous one has died?

"At some point" yes, but it may take years. According to
I am not sure how long after previous Red King's death Mikoto became the King, but I think it might be similar number of years. So to be honest I think that this one year difference in case of Anna may be actually unusually short...
Oct 18, 2015 6:23 PM

Dec 2008
Shiro's entrance was grand as fuck!!!! SHIROOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!
Oct 18, 2015 8:08 PM

Nov 2011
boring as usual
"Why do I always realize it... when I've already lost it..." -Guts, Berserk
"Some things are beautiful because they cannot be obtained." -Gilgamesh, Fate/stay night
"We are constantly living in a peaceful world that somebody else won for us. Even if it were only a day of peace, I will be grateful for its value." - Minashiro Tsubaki, FAFNER
"Screw you, future me!" -Makise Kurisu, Steins;Gate
"We used to show off by waging wars and whatnot." -Watashi, Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita
"Call me Moses. I'm going to part the sea of students before your eyes." -Moses?, Valvrave
"Time is guilty." -Andō & Tomoyo, INOU-Battle
Oct 18, 2015 9:56 PM

Sep 2015
My first impressions about Hisui Nagare is he has a very timid voice that he talks calmly in a calm fashion. I expected him to be a person, who is a little bit aggressive in a manner. We find out he is also known as the ever-changing King wich is opposite to the eternal King Adolf K Weissmann. I do admit that he is the most powerful King in terms of infience because even that some of the students in the school island are JUNGLE clansmen. JUNGLE clan is very dangerous that they easily blend in society, nobody can tell where or not the are the clansmen of JUNGLE.

Hisui Nagare has a very twisted excitement, when he sees Aldolf K. Weissmann appeared. That he welcomed him to his game. I still wonder what is his motive is it dominating all seven kings? What do you all think his objective? I am so surprised of Yukari's hobby that he painted his nail plus Sukuna is someone not to mess with.

My overall thoughts for this episode is that things are starting to heat up for the next episode.
Anime/MangaFan Mahwa fan
Oct 18, 2015 10:07 PM

Jul 2012
Uggh, the Blue and the Red sides were much more of a compelling set of antagonist in season 1. So far the Green group is nothing close to being as interesting.

This 'beautiful' shit needs to stop. Like seriously it's fucking annoying.

casivea said:

I love you, Shiro, but you can't just fall out of the sky and lecture someone about attacking the family you abandoned yourself.

Shiro's reconstructed body was recovered by the Gold king. An that same King had kept him in the airship for some time. It was in the other episode, 1 or 2 but I forget atm.
lanfireOct 18, 2015 10:11 PM
Oct 18, 2015 10:17 PM

Jul 2009
JUNGLE clan is very dangerous that they easily blend in society, nobody can tell where or not the are the clansmen of JUNGLE.[/quote]This statement makes me feel all dirty inside. We don't have enough information about the Slate or the Sword of Damacles(x7).

It wouldn't be unheard of for there be a way to make ever clan be visible constantly for either the Silver King or the slate being used. There simply is no known precedent so far as to whether it is possible. This is a fantasy world and since people can become immortal (>.> @Yashiro!), likely anything should be possible. I haven't read the LN/manga so I might be lacking on knowledge but I don't think getting spoiled here would be good for anyone!!
Oct 19, 2015 12:07 AM

Sep 2015
lanfire said:
Uggh, the Blue and the Red sides were much more of a compelling set of antagonist in season 1. So far the Green group is nothing close to being as interesting.

This 'beautiful' shit needs to stop. Like seriously it's fucking annoying.

casivea said:

Shiro's reconstructed body was recovered by the Gold king. An that same King had kept him in the airship for some time. It was in the other episode, 1 or 2 but I forget atm.
the beautiful part that Yukari which is Kuroh's senior said is pretty annoying that obviously he is obsessed with beauty overall it is his personality that very annoying that kuroh actually said that Yukari is a strange man.
Anime/MangaFan Mahwa fan
Oct 19, 2015 12:20 AM

Jun 2014
The moment I have waited over a year for has arrived! SHIRO'S BACK!

Loving his new look all in white! Can't wait to see the what comes next, since the Green King seems to have some kind of reason to meet with the Silver King.

Really disliking that Greens have such an influence over the school and everyone by making them think what they are doing is playing a game!
So glad that I'm not a huge manga reader, because the manga readers WHINE WAY TOO MUCH and have to RUIN every adapted anime for the ANIME ONLY WATCHERS!
Oct 19, 2015 3:03 AM
Sep 2015
And here I expect so much because the last preview showed shiro..but he just appeared for a few second. Seriously, after falling for two episodes he only appear at the very end of third episode. I miss the plot like in the first season. Give the plot back!!!
Oct 19, 2015 7:26 AM

Jan 2014
Shirooooooooo <3

That green king is nuts, huh?
Kewl. Reminded me of that hand guy from BnHA lol
Oct 19, 2015 9:22 AM

Jun 2013
Finally he touched the ground. Or it was face plant?

HOW goddamn irritating to see our beloved king falling for 3 episode and only appears at the end of episode 3 that didn't last a minute... Thankfully, preview of the upcoming episode shine some bright light.
Oct 19, 2015 4:01 PM
Sep 2015
Tagging whole post as spoiler because I reference S1 and upto S2 E3

Llama-QueenOct 19, 2015 4:13 PM
Oct 19, 2015 7:47 PM

Jan 2014
Meh....the past 2 episodes were not particularly interesting especially with very little plot progression.
casivea said:
(Also, didn't season one teach us that Neko is like, super powerful? I guess we ran out of time. Also it's not like Kuroh to just, not fight back at all. Was he really going to let his senior kill him? Just like that?)
Nah....season one told us that Neko is a STRAIN with dangerous manipulation ability and that's all. I vbelieve that there was no statement of her being super powerful - check again episode 7 and see how easy Reishi dispels her manipulation. About Kuro, I always have the impression that he's not as skilled as Yukari and in addition to that, he seems to be lacking of resolve. Yukari said that Kuro is always like that and that his sword is always empty. But now, Shiro has returned so I hope that Kuro will find his resolve - which (I believe) will be the key to defeat Yukari.

Oct 21, 2015 4:28 AM
Oct 2015
Araneae said:
This season is annoying me so much. Apparently the creators decided that the audiene consists of utter idiots (which is not surprising, after seeing some comments for season 1, but I would prefer if they had more faith in our intelligence), so every tiny piece of information needs to be repeated not once, not twice but at least 3 times (!) in order to make sure that this time the audience understands. They're going to explain the JUNGLE points five times more, I'm sure of it. Like showing it once and explaining it twice wasn't enough. Green king repeating Shiro's full name over and over again was also boring as hell. It's just exposition episode after exposition episode after exposition episode...

Next episode we get Kings' conference. That looks cool, but I'm worried that we're going to end up with more talking over and over exposition stuff. Probably next week we'll end up hearing that Gold King is dead 3 times or so, because that piece of information wasn't mentioned this season yet.

Also I'm kind of annoyed that we got... what? 5 seconds of Shiro? Seriously? Can we finally get on with it and start the plot already? It's getting boring just listening to pointless talking and watching some cut down fights just for the sake of "action" tag. I need plot, just like zombie needs brains. PLOOOOOT.

Eh.

You're missing the point of the show entirely. Loosen up and enjoy what they're visibly making an effort to do exceptionally. Like the stunning visuals, action and vast music arrangement. it's meant to be a guilty pleasure because of the paper-thin plot.
Oct 21, 2015 6:51 AM

Aug 2014
t4mor said:
Araneae said:
This season is annoying me so much. Apparently the creators decided that the audiene consists of utter idiots (which is not surprising, after seeing some comments for season 1, but I would prefer if they had more faith in our intelligence), so every tiny piece of information needs to be repeated not once, not twice but at least 3 times (!) in order to make sure that this time the audience understands. They're going to explain the JUNGLE points five times more, I'm sure of it. Like showing it once and explaining it twice wasn't enough. Green king repeating Shiro's full name over and over again was also boring as hell. It's just exposition episode after exposition episode after exposition episode...

Next episode we get Kings' conference. That looks cool, but I'm worried that we're going to end up with more talking over and over exposition stuff. Probably next week we'll end up hearing that Gold King is dead 3 times or so, because that piece of information wasn't mentioned this season yet.

Also I'm kind of annoyed that we got... what? 5 seconds of Shiro? Seriously? Can we finally get on with it and start the plot already? It's getting boring just listening to pointless talking and watching some cut down fights just for the sake of "action" tag. I need plot, just like zombie needs brains. PLOOOOOT.

Eh.

You're missing the point of the show entirely. Loosen up and enjoy what they're visibly making an effort to do exceptionally. Like the stunning visuals, action and vast music arrangement. it's meant to be a guilty pleasure because of the paper-thin plot.

Oh, no. I'm not missing the point. It's this season missing the plot so far. I watched the first season for the plot, because it was actually quite interesting, not paper-thin. Yes, stunning visuals and music were a nice addition, but were not the reason I watched the show. Ok, maybe most people watch this show for visuals only, but it doesn't really explain why season 1 had plot and this season doesn't. It's like someone just couldn't fit the plot into the show, becaus ethey used up too much time on Seri's fanservice. That's terrible.
Oct 23, 2015 1:12 AM

Apr 2012
The choreography and animation is a real step down from last season.
The fighting scenes were much much more fluid compared to this. The camera movements are so off putting too :/

Oct 24, 2015 4:00 AM
Oct 2015
"Yay finally after free-falling for the last three episodes, the Silver King is back XD. Weirdly enough he has changed his black attire and attained his trusted umbrella... when? Everyone's gonna flip when they watch this and find out that yes, Shiro is back in action on the very last second of this ep XD At least he went into the scene in style."

He only fell once they just decided just to show it in different views and expand on it, since some people are so confused about him falling for so long and his apparent change of his outfit I will explain so it makes sense.

At the end of the movie Missing Kings we see him standing on the balcony on his new built blimp preparing to jump/fall back to Japan which is where the movie ends and continues onto the next episode with the same re-used footage from the movie but unlike the movie an additional scene is added where he turns around and faces you and leans back ready to fall which then the screen fades and then we see him falling and already we are seeing geographical landmarks and him fading through a line of clouds as he repeats the same lines and the scene cuts off from there. Note: We don't see him fall, we see him leaning to fall and later it cuts to him flying through the air and falling for a few short seconds.

(When someone normally jumps you would normally see more than that) which is where Episode 2 comes in which shows a lot more starting from the beginning again from the blimp this time he we get actually get to see him fall off and sailing through the red sunset and the high altitude that is up before sailing through the sky and the white puffy clouds surrounding him as his is falling before we see the view of the layout of Japan's tiny building as he flips around in the sky so they just supplied a full version of his fall as they couldn't cram it all into the remaining minutes of the first episode most likely.

Also his blimp travels in at least 15 directions and routes around Japan and Tokyo's Metro area in a circle over and over before finally ending up back at Shizume Town again.

Now for Episode 3, by now naturally he should be half-way through to being back on the ground which is pretty accurate as when Neko calls for him and his sword appears and the landscape zooms around probably to show that he is nearby I also suspect that he probably changed his outfit when his Damocles appeared in the sky doing a magical change on him off-screen, or he went some-where first to see what was happening and got a costume change during that time before falling out of the sky again considering it's how gets around.

Go watch the end of Episode 1 and the beginning of Episode 2 again you can see that they did add more Episode 1 made it seem that he was closer to descending back into Japan which he actually wasn't all they did in Episode 2 was add him being surrounded more by the sky and more clouds as he was falling. So it only took him a bit of episode 1 and two to get back so that is just two episodes three don't count he wasn't falling anymore as evidence because he was using his aura when he appeared close to the ground to cause a big boom.
Oct 25, 2015 2:17 AM

Dec 2012
Kuro was easily defeated, fortunately Shiro finnaly arrived. The introduction scenes are now over.
I am looking forward to see more of Shiro's action :).
Great visual and OSTs as usual.
Oct 27, 2015 8:39 AM
Apr 2015
finallllly Shiro is back!! with great style, on top of that ^^
Oct 30, 2015 9:55 PM
Aug 2011
The previous Shiro was a pain in the ass so I approve of this version
I wish Neko would just fuck of though- she's thoroughly useless.
Nov 2, 2015 6:10 PM
Dec 2013
WiseFlower said:
Meh....the past 2 episodes were not particularly interesting especially with very little plot progression.
casivea said:
Nah....season one told us that Neko is a STRAIN with dangerous manipulation ability and that's all. I vbelieve that there was no statement of her being super powerful - check again episode 7 and see how easy Reishi dispels her manipulation. About Kuro, I always have the impression that he's not as skilled as Yukari and in addition to that, he seems to be lacking of resolve. Yukari said that Kuro is always like that and that his sword is always empty. But now, Shiro has returned so I hope that Kuro will find his resolve - which (I believe) will be the key to defeat Yukari.

Ah, I see! My bad! I went back and checked episode 7 and that is indeed true. Thank you for clearing this up for me!
Nov 25, 2015 9:31 AM

Jun 2015
I usually don't enjoy anime or manga if little is happening but this I do. I prefer it that way, than overflowing with action. It's hard to explain why but maybe it's just that I like to observe they everyday live and care about details, small things. With Shiro back the action will probably take a faster course but hell - I'm glad he's back with Kuro and Neko.
Dec 2, 2015 7:39 PM

Oct 2008
Late Cartel subs.
whenever I watch these series, I always notice epic BGM.
no ecchi.
Shiro has returned.
4/5.

Dec 14, 2015 6:28 PM

Aug 2013
He's backkk.
Finally can get started on the real thing.
I'm curious on Neko's backstory.
Feb 24, 2016 4:19 PM

Mar 2011
FINALLY Shiro is back *_*
Mar 29, 2016 7:44 PM

Feb 2015
Araneae said:

i have read all the manga and the whole jungle idea still confuses me.

this is when you're wrong. k is not known for plot in the least. it's know for uber fashion choices, cool powers, and awesome fights. it was never about a real plot in the first place.

casivea said:
I wasn't too surprised about Neko's name reveal because it was mentioned elsewhere (in either a light novel or a manga, I can't remember) but I'm quite curious about what the Green King wants her for? I can't really think of anything off the top of my head and I found his answer to that question quite vague and terrible. I hated that he asked for her alive if only because it made her into a damsel, and while I don't care about people needing to be rescued (because people can't always save themselves, you know) it felt extremely unnecessary and at the end it seemed like it was just there to make Shiro's appearance seem so much more important.

oh yeaaah now it's coming back to me. thanks for that.
-----
again, any scene with kuro and neko i love since they pair so well together platonically. shiro, welcome back bud :)

finally, we get to the boy, the whole reason why i wanted to look at this season.

and looks like kuro's ex-bro kicked up his fag-gauge by 400%. lipstick and nail polish? ok...
TomDayMar 29, 2016 7:50 PM
Apr 2, 2017 8:08 AM

Apr 2013
Interesting, we got another name for Neko thrown at us. Was she just a normal girl after all?
Kuro still can't keep up with his senior, guess he needs some training. Maybe Shiro can help with that? :3
Apr 3, 2018 1:58 AM

Dec 2012
GoHands on the screen. Ultra Gatsby.
That kid is with Yukari.
Uh...what's up with that table?
lol He has a 3DS.
That's Nagare?
The kids name is Sukuna.
Neko handclap oppai jiggle.
lol at the room.
lol at Yata getting mad that Saru is worth more than him.
OH SHIT! Neko's pantsu! Yata, you lucky fuck!
lol at Yata realizing she wasn't wearing anything.
That girl running by is cute. Nice oppai.
Dat scythe.
Kukuri. Dem legs. Did they reduce her oppai? WTF!
A girl wants to talk to Kuroh? Oh snap!
Kuroh getting love letters? Wait...points? Nevermind.
Neko oppai.
A message from Yukari.
Oh, so now they increase Kukuri's oppai.
Neko has on pantsu this time. lol
Neko oppai jiggle.
Yukari sliced it in half.
Dat Neko pantsu.
Neko's name is Miyabi Ameno?
Adolf is back! He changed his clothes while he was falling?
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Apr 21, 2018 6:50 AM

May 2016
Solid episode and Neko was without pants lmao.
Finally, Shiro returned I thought he would take another episode for getting to the ground.
Mar 3, 2019 4:50 AM
Aug 2018
Sukuna looks playful and so adorable if you take away the evilness
Jul 21, 2020 5:12 AM

Jul 2015
Yatagarasu, working as member of the Red King's clan HOMRA, parttimer as panty delivery man (⌐■_■)
So all this time Neko wasn't just a magical catgirl but someone named Miyabi Ameno!?! Took some time falling out of the sky but Shiro has arrived!

Feb 11, 8:37 PM

May 2021
Shiro is back but I feel like they nerfed neko to be a damsiel in distress even though in the first season.She could create entire citys and “beat” kuro in a fight
Inhales oxygen
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » K: Return of Kings Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 2, 2015

263 by bigdmf »»
Apr 2, 6:03 PM

Poll: » K: Return of Kings Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 25, 2015

185 by Karva1 »»
Feb 12, 5:46 PM

Poll: » K: Return of Kings Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2015

45 by Karva1 »»
Feb 12, 5:42 PM

Poll: » K: Return of Kings Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 20, 2015

87 by Karva1 »»
Feb 12, 4:41 PM

Poll: » K: Return of Kings Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 30, 2015

57 by Karva1 »»
Feb 12, 2:58 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.