Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Oct 7, 2014 10:26 PM

Aug 2013
Interesting first episode.

After so many years, KyoAni is finally not using their same retired clichés and instead basically did 180.

Was that like, the first kiss scene KyoAni has ever done? I wonder how hard it was for them to draw it lol

Nude girl scene? Amazed I wasn't drowned in KyoAni moe already.

The monotone scar girl with a hot body and one-liners is a really old trope, and I definitely wont be looking forward to her every episode, but the show itself seems like it has a lot of promise.

Actual magic in this show? Really wasn't expecting this kind of plot at all. Looking forward to the next episode.
Oct 7, 2014 10:28 PM

Jan 2013
Glad to see KyoAni changing up the formula a bit, but overall I can't say the premise has really won me over. I dunno, I'll keep watching.
Oct 7, 2014 10:40 PM

Aug 2012
Felt like a visual novel rather than a LN adaptation, which is good in that it did a pretty good job building the atmosphere and setting a tone, but bad in that I found it slow.
Oct 7, 2014 10:43 PM

Oct 2011
Cedronia said:
That was a pretty good introductory episode
I think most people forget that this isn't exactly a comedy anime, more like a business anime with fantasy elements and comedy thrown into it
The episode is trying to tell us that the boringness of the theme park and it succeed in doing that, although there are some parts of it which were misses for me
then again.... people aways overreacted toward KyoAni including the fanservice

It's going to be such a great business anime, can't wait to see him read people's minds! Wow no really that sounds so interesting and doesn't kill the fun at all. This is definitely not going to be the next Maoyuu, never mind even trying to compare this to Spice and Wolf.
Oct 7, 2014 10:50 PM

Oct 2008
Adding bonta-kun.

Ha-Ha-Ha,how very funny and original....

Now go fuck yourself Kyoto Animation for sitting with your ass on the Full Metal Panic franchise and not making a proper season 3.
Oct 7, 2014 10:52 PM

May 2010
Ummm, shouldn't this be listed as ecchi too? or was it not quite enough?

I have never seen so much fan service in KyoAni before, this is different for me.

The first ep was a bit slow (imo).

Can't wait to see whats next.
"Wait for the signal, and I'll meet you after dark"
Oct 7, 2014 10:58 PM

Apr 2013
CVArk said:
Glad to see KyoAni changing up the formula a bit
from fujoshi bait to otaku bait.
Oct 7, 2014 11:13 PM

Mar 2012
Well, I found the first episode to be enjoyable enough. Loved the opening theme a lot. I'll keep an eye on this one.
Oct 7, 2014 11:18 PM
Oct 2010
Surprised people found this slow, if anything I thought everything happened at a pretty good pace. All the MCs and a fair amount of supporting characters are introduced, the dude gets a power, he gets "chosen" already and we see and know the history of the park.

My problems are with the comedy (didn't laugh once while FMP was pretty good) and the potential ecchi harem setup they have going on here i.e. it could easily go down that road in an instant.

It does have potential though, I like the fact he can read minds.
Oct 7, 2014 11:36 PM

May 2011
Anime is saved.

Also, Bonta-kun? My guess is same author or something.
Oct 7, 2014 11:45 PM

Mar 2012
For some rhyme or reason, I really enjoyed this. Then again, this is Kyoto Ani trying something different.

It's really strange seeing Kyoto Ani making an ecchi type (which I find weird how it doesn't have the ecchi tag attached to it considering how much ecchi we had in the first episode).

I do agree with a few others on here that the comedy was a bit stale. I chuckled in a few instances (almost ironically), but nothing that had me busting a gut. Considering FMP Fumoffu is one of the funniest anime I've ever seen, it doesn't bode well that a supposed "comedy" anime only has me "slightly chuckling."

What the anime did well? I found it to be rather atmospheric. That doesn't really surprise me since I do find many of Kyoto Ani's anime to be atmospheric, but this one had me intrigued, especially when Kanie was having those vague flashbacks.

I don't expect this to be one of my favorite anime of the season (which I'd say Kyoto Ani has fallen pretty far when they aren't making the top anime on my list for the year), but I do think this is going to be better than I originally thought.
Oct 8, 2014 12:03 AM

Mar 2008
LEGOF said:
Also, Bonta-kun? My guess is same author or something.
Yes, you're right. It's by the same guy who created FMP. But it really had to be something like that when you look at Moffle - he's basically a copy-paste Bonta-kun. And speaking of this issue... I really liked the part where the main accused Moffle of being "a walking copyright infringement". Haha. Anyways, very good first episode! Looking forward to the rest of this show now (especially since I now know that it's from the creator of FMP)! Also, the Opening is great and really catchy!
Oct 8, 2014 12:37 AM

Apr 2012
This show holds promise. Thank you KyoAnus.
Oct 8, 2014 1:12 AM

Apr 2011
in MAL page:
Fleuranza, Latifa

It's supposed to be:
Latifa, Fleuranza

Its not a Japanese name, but a Canadian name!
Oct 8, 2014 1:17 AM

Dec 2013
Insane animation and great artstyle.
Interesting idea and likeable Main chars
Kissu and Nude scene in the first ep!
Catchy Op and Ed
I think i just found a new seasonal favorite.
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Oct 8, 2014 1:36 AM

Oct 2013
Isuzu gave off some Senjougahara vibes. If this is done right, this anime may be worthwhile to watch. Episode 1 is decent enough though.
Oct 8, 2014 1:42 AM

May 2012
Boring. The characters try to be funny but they fails at that. The comedy part feels very generic and boring.

I don't even know what is the story is about.

The only positive thing in this show are that it has some cute girls and naked girl in bathroom. THe blond girl is so cute. I will watch 1 or 2 more episode before I decide if it is worth watching or dropping.
Oct 8, 2014 3:14 AM

Apr 2011
I enjoyed it. The main girl with the gun is one crazy bitch though, I would never mess with her. Wanna see more and see where the story goes.
Oct 8, 2014 3:24 AM
Mar 2014
New episode will be out on October 9, 2014 (?)

http://cal.syoboi.jp/tid/3501/time

I think this is accurate because the first episode was only delayed and the timeslot wasn't changed so it will be back to its original timeslot :-)
Oct 8, 2014 4:51 AM
Jul 2018
That is our KyoAni.
Great anime as ever.

5/5

This series is so remind me to Chuu2byou. Especially Isuzu... She is remind me so much to Nibutani Shinka <3 not just Nibutani, Isuzu's nature is also remind me so much to Takanashi Rikka...

Can't wait for the next episode.
Oct 8, 2014 5:03 AM

Feb 2010
Fummofu I miss you so much T^T
"Your taste is shit cause you like what I hate. Believe me I have 1000 cartoons that I rated with less than 5."

Oct 8, 2014 7:04 AM

Jul 2008
The OP music is bright and catchy :D fanservice and comedy aside, the visual of the series is quite good and I actually had a lot of fun watching this :)
Oct 8, 2014 7:35 AM

Aug 2013
Veronin said:
✓ Boring protagonist with uninspired design
✓ Boring protagonist who finds harem immediately
✓ Kuudere/tsundere heroine who follows boring protagonist around religiously
✓ 'Oops I caught you while you were changing clothes' cliché
✓ Wacky random humour
✓ Silly supernatural twist
✓ Teenagers cast in the role of young adults because anime is incapable of making characters older than seventeen

Cool show.

Lol. People who are overly picky like this will find it hard to like 99% of anime. But if you want to severely hamper your enjoyment of a show by complaining about things like this, be my guest.
Oct 8, 2014 7:42 AM

Nov 2011
4/5

Episode that shows all the goodness of KyoAni, spectacular graphics and well-made​​.
Chara Design is the usual and well run, personagi all to know, but nice.
Plot different than usual, I like that.
The KyoAni must have understood that tastes have changed since I did the TV series K-ON to the present day, that's why he gave the gem at the end of episode! ASD
The protagonist seems very consistent in the way of thinking. Not bad even co-star and mascot.
I look forward to the next episode.
For now, my vote is 6/10!
Oct 8, 2014 8:00 AM
Oct 2011
Did you guys seriously find this show humor hilarious?
Well , I don't. Their comedy is very typical.
Maybe I'm too old for lame jokes
But I like their animation style. If only they adapt a better ones. What a waste of talent
2/5
Oct 8, 2014 8:02 AM

Apr 2013
like the character design, like the premise of the series, liked the humor, liked the music, like the animation

ecchi and harem will probably ruin it for me

it was a well drawn butt though
xSanoxOct 8, 2014 8:07 AM
Oct 8, 2014 8:10 AM

Dec 2011
I'm not a fan of ecchi and harem, but it's surprising that Kyoani is doing something like that so I'll watch it out of pure curiosity.
Oct 8, 2014 9:05 AM

Jan 2014
Fumoffu!!

Interesting setting.

Also for some reason Izusu's voice sounds like that of Risa Taneda, even though it isn't her.

Anybody thinks like me?
Oct 8, 2014 9:47 AM

Aug 2014
Damn everyone just talking about the white ass. c'on guys thats not the main point from this episode. But honestly I'll be glad to see that again next week lol
"Ryuusei o miokutte koko ni aru imi o shiitta StargazeR"
Oct 8, 2014 9:53 AM

Nov 2012
First of all, you people seem rude and dull. I really hope you're just having a tough day.

Secondly, I reeally loved this first episode of this anime!!! (*^▽^*)
It looks soo promising and cute! How I see it right now is that this show will focus on Kanie Seiya getting the amusement park back on its feet and restoring it to it's former cute brilliance. And I reeally hope he will succeed! It has such adorably heart-warming promises! I really want to see that park filled with life and happiness! This first episode has really gotten my hopes up for such a progress of events!
Also, all these premises of magic and cute magical beings from a cute magical land is just soo enticing! I really can't wait for the next episode of this! ^____^
Also, I really hope for a great development of romance on the side. That would make this show totally perfect! That kiss was just perfect! =D

Though, on the other side, I can't say I'm totally enthralled by the fanservice this early in the show...I really hope this won't turn out to be some ecchi harem show. -____-*

Anyhow, I can't wait for next episode! =D
~The 1000th Summer~
Oct 8, 2014 10:17 AM
Oct 2011
Amagi Brilliant ass :D
Oct 8, 2014 10:25 AM

Aug 2014
Is that a censored vibrator/dildo in the opening? Just wondering.
Sieg Zeon!
Oct 8, 2014 11:08 AM

Jan 2012
Well okay that was weird... towards the end at least...
Was expecting better...
Oct 8, 2014 11:09 AM
Feb 2013
Whoa, nice one.
Oct 8, 2014 11:55 AM

Apr 2011
PencilSharpener said:
Is that a censored vibrator/dildo in the opening? Just wondering.
Tirami is the most pervert mascot character. So it may be, yeah.
Oct 8, 2014 12:36 PM

Mar 2009
Really happy with this one. I've been disappointed with KyoAni lately, thanks to Chuunibyou S2 and Kyoukai no Kanata, but Amagi Brilliant Park has a lot of charm, and even made me laugh a few times. Honestly, Hyouka was the last KyoAni anime I enjoyed from beginning to end, so knowing that this is the same director gives me hope. And the creator of Full Metal Panic, of course. Looking forward to more.
Oct 8, 2014 12:53 PM

Jul 2009
Fuck y'all that was funny
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Oct 8, 2014 1:37 PM

Oct 2012
lol i like Seiya's personality, he's cute. The art is really pretty, adapted well, as expected from kyoani :) its like hyouka and knk style meets free! style. I like the overall concept of the series. Lots of funny parts. Sudden fanservice lol. Interesting. Looking forward to more~
( ´ ▽ ` )ノ
Oct 8, 2014 1:42 PM

Jun 2013
Really enjoyed this, had nice drama and comedy and throwing in a nice ass never hurts ;)
Loved it! :)
Oct 8, 2014 2:35 PM

Aug 2014
- decent OP
- artwork is nice
- animations are good enough
- male/female lead's seem okay;
>god bless the ass on Isuzu
- comedy wasn't hitting that much, though it is only a intro episode
- the VA choices are good
- moffle looks super familiar; where did i see him before?!
- music was on point, OST sounds promising
- ED is okay

the mind-reading thing has potential.
Oct 8, 2014 2:38 PM

Oct 2011
allflying said:
in MAL page:
Fleuranza, Latifa

It's supposed to be:
Latifa, Fleuranza

Its not a Japanese name, but a Canadian name!

She might be Latifa, but there's only one Queen Latifa. :x

Oct 8, 2014 3:03 PM

Jan 2013
Terrible start
Oct 8, 2014 3:46 PM

Jul 2013
It's an okay start. Interesting setting and characters with a touch of supernatural. This being a KyoAni show I doubt it'd turn out bad or weird so I'll probably stick with this till the end.
Oct 8, 2014 4:13 PM

Dec 2011
What can I say... I saw a lot of interesting things this episode lol.
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
Oct 8, 2014 5:09 PM

May 2008
eNJOYED THE First episode was good <3
Oct 8, 2014 6:04 PM
Feb 2013
In terms of opening episodes out of all the ones ive seen this season besides for Fate/stay night's, id say that this one left the biggest impression on me. I enjoyed the comedy, the park just gave off this horrible aroma which made it interesting, the main character actually has personality, decent intro to a few of the side characters, well displayed concepts and ideas, nothing really felt rushed and the animation was at the standards of Kyoani.

I am very surprised that this hasn't been picked up for simulcast yet.
Oct 8, 2014 7:28 PM

Feb 2008
Fantasee said:
Veronin said:
✓ Boring protagonist with uninspired design
✓ Boring protagonist who finds harem immediately
✓ Kuudere/tsundere heroine who follows boring protagonist around religiously
✓ 'Oops I caught you while you were changing clothes' cliché
✓ Wacky random humour
✓ Silly supernatural twist
✓ Teenagers cast in the role of young adults because anime is incapable of making characters older than seventeen

Cool show.

Lol. People who are overly picky like this will find it hard to like 99% of anime. But if you want to severely hamper your enjoyment of a show by complaining about things like this, be my guest.

That's not being "overly nitpicky". It's this thing called "having standards". And I am not going to apologise for having standards simply because a few people on MAL are incapable of handling criticism towards some Asian cartoon they sort of enjoyed.
Oct 8, 2014 8:02 PM

Jun 2010
Veronin said:
Fantasee said:

That's not being "overly nitpicky". It's this thing called "having standards". And I am not going to apologise for having standards simply because a few people on MAL are incapable of handling criticism towards some Asian cartoon they sort of enjoyed.

For someone who used to write great stuff and I used to agree most of the times, you're surprisingly hateful this time.
✓ That's the joke here. MC is the patterned "cool and smart that latter gets deredere" on purpose. Sento gives it away already when she mentions his narcissist personality. Too early to judge on that.
✓ Well, it's based on a harem VN, so, of course. Even though, so far from what I've read there's zero to none romance developing within the "harem".
✓ Yep, Sento is the pattern of a Kuudere, I'd give you that.
✓ Agreed.
✓ This is really subjective. I personally enjoyed the gags, references, pacing and blatant "because it's MAGIC!" explanations. Kinda reminds me of Seto no Hanayome.
✓ The majority of this genre is like this but it isn't an factor that determines overall quality. You can have loads of fun with stupid and random "puff supernatural plot twist inbound"
✓ Uhm, no. This one I strongly disagree. Actually something that made me pick this up is the average age of characters. Being a while since KyoAni did a show with an older cast and I wanted to see how that would play out. Only the male MC is a highschooler, Sento is around her 20s, the elemental girls slightly above that (20~25), the loli isn't really a loli (anime will get to that latter) and all the other staff members are around their 30s (accountant, supervisor, etc).

It's too early to make these assumptions, imo. If you don't enjoy the setting you should've stayed away right from the beginning. On the other hand, if you're interested -and from all of yours reviews that I remember reading, I guess you're- than you should wait a little longer.
Oct 8, 2014 8:22 PM

Apr 2011
Veronin said:
Fantasee said:

Standard my ass. You're clearly being ignorant on what this show is actually offers.
Oct 8, 2014 8:28 PM

Feb 2008
allflying said:
Standard my ass. You're clearly being ignorant on what this show is actually offers.

I see junk and I judge it as junk. You aren't going to change my opinion so let's just agree to disagree.
Pages (8) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» So uh, Is it over?

DtSuteru - Dec 26, 2014

18 by Alex4814 »»
Mar 8, 2:59 AM

» Does it have Romance

rishamr - Feb 28

11 by -Ketsueki »»
Feb 29, 1:37 PM

Poll: » Amagi Brilliant Park Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 25, 2014

364 by DebiPS »»
Feb 16, 4:42 PM

Poll: » Amagi Brilliant Park Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2014

187 by DebiPS »»
Feb 12, 6:10 PM

Poll: » Amagi Brilliant Park Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 20, 2014

227 by DebiPS »»
Feb 11, 3:41 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.