Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Nov 2, 2010 3:56 AM

Aug 2010
Excellent ending to an excellent anime :)

Poor Sakaki-san, she just had to be bitten one last time. :D
Chiyo-chan getting really emotional at times was way too cute :)
Kimura-sensei was priceless once more :D
I'm glad Yomi got in in the end, gonna miss this series :)
Nov 6, 2010 2:24 PM

Jul 2009
Fantastic last episode I loved every second of it. It was funny and sad at the same time with the highlights being Kimura's speech, Kaorin going crazy at Tomo and everyone being together at the end ^_^

I'll probably give it 8/10 overall.
Nov 7, 2010 4:58 AM
Jan 2010
I wonder why I don't give a shit about my own graduation and yet cry at something like this ;_;
Dec 29, 2010 1:04 AM

Oct 2009
:(....its oveeeeer
Great ending to a Great series! Just love this anime, perfect characters, love them all~~
Sayonara Azumanga Daioh ♥

10/10!!!
Jan 6, 2011 8:21 AM
Jan 2011
Osakas with the paper handkerchiefs and the eye drops ^^
Chiyo-chan´s tears eyes was nice xD
Jan 19, 2011 1:02 AM

Aug 2010
Divine_Judgement said:
I wonder why I don't give a shit about my own graduation and yet cry at something like this ;_;
Because they have something that we don't have most of the time
Jan 28, 2011 3:32 PM

Apr 2009
Ah final episode made me sad and almost made me cry, I'm gonna miss this series...

yey I got to see Kimura-sensei one last time!

Kimura-sensei said:
♥ But! Kaorin and I will be together forever! ♥

Still creepy as always, LOL!
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Jan 30, 2011 6:27 AM

Jan 2010
Great episode and ending, LOL at Osaka's sneeze xD Im gonna miss those girls
Feb 9, 2011 5:06 PM
Aug 2008
I have a theory. A couple, actually.

One, they don't punch up your emotions with melancholy background music in real life. ;)

The other is that, in real life, you're in the presence of a bunch of people, and you probably don't want to call attention to yourself like that. With an anime, you're likely to be watching by yourself or with just a few others. So you're more comfortable letting it out.
"Say, Tsukasa, how do you eat a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup?"
Apr 6, 2011 1:53 AM
Dec 2010
I like it
NorthwesternApr 6, 2011 6:33 AM
May 9, 2011 3:25 AM

Sep 2010
Enjoyed watching this show very much. I'm gonna miss it D:
May 12, 2011 5:44 PM

Mar 2011
Awesome last episode for an awesome series!

From Osaka's hay fever sneezes in the beginning to Yomi socking Tomo one after she found she had been accepted into college/uni!

This was a defining slice of life. I can see where Lucky Star took some inspiration from, and so many other things which give a nod to this show. I'll hve to read the manga too (assuming it exists, I havent checked but I'm fairly certain there will be one) as I know the creator does Yotsuba& and that is amazing! If only we could get an anime of that!

Solid Gold Star from me!
May 21, 2011 3:54 PM

Nov 2009
omg its so sad X{ but this epi was so funnY! Osaka's sneeze was so cute! and i love it how every1 looked back at her during the announcements X'D and I LOVED how Tomo would always stand up thinking everything was 4 her... then stood up and every1 clapped 4 Chiyo! poor Chiyo was crying... lol and Yukari was crying 4 her wallet and then was all happy when she got it... i loved it when she said "I wonder who's will wilt away and die first." XD and YAY Yomi made it! i loved how they were going to throw her but then decided she was to heavy and did Chiyo instead ahaha! anyway awesome episode and AMAZING series! it sucks that it over XP
May 21, 2011 5:54 PM
Feb 2011
It was a great ending, it's amazing how much you care for the main characters after only 26 episodes.

I'll definitely try and get the manga!
Jul 12, 2011 6:29 AM

Feb 2011
Osaka has the cutest sneeze :D

I love the ending, 9/10 for the great humor.
Aug 11, 2011 11:51 PM

Jul 2010
Great way to end a wonderful hilarious series. Not as good as Lucky Star, but reminded me of it in some ways. When Kagura started crying to Yukari Sensei (she was my favorite character, I wish we found out whether her and Nyamo were able to get boyfriends xD) I broke down. Chiyo-chan is so adorable! She's so right about what she said in the end.
Aug 11, 2011 11:56 PM

Jul 2010
And to add, some wonderful piano pieces in the ceremony and other scenes. I never really noticed the OST before, just like other all-comedy shoujo's but the emotional tracks are VERY good.
Aug 24, 2011 2:35 PM

Aug 2011
I'm sad that there aren't more episodes to watch :(. Great ending though.
Aug 24, 2011 6:11 PM

Jan 2011
Agh i know right? Felt like i was graduating with them haha. This show was hillarious!^^
Dec 29, 2011 4:24 PM

Jan 2011
Wow. What an ending! I almost cried... but it takes more than that to make me cry xD. My high school graduation didn't feel like this (though I don't remember if I even had one x.x). I felt more relieved than sad at the end of high school. Though I have things like IM and Facebook so I won't lose touch with my friends... and I guess the girls don't?

Not sure what to give this show... IMO some of the early episodes were kinda boring and not that funny, but it gets better later, and the ending was very strong. Probably a 7 or 8/10.
Jan 30, 2012 11:36 AM

Jul 2009
I can't find a single reason, why I shouldn't give this 10/10.
Feb 19, 2012 1:28 PM
Jul 2018
Not nearly as good as the manga - but still good nonetheless.
Giving it an 8/10.
Feb 23, 2012 5:02 PM

Dec 2009
Very sweet ending. Chiyo-chan in this episode was adorable.
I'm glad I watched this series.
Mar 19, 2012 5:50 AM

Feb 2012
I am going to miss this show :') On to the SPECIALS! :3 Can't wait xD
Apr 21, 2012 1:23 AM

Apr 2012
Wow, I just finished this anime again today with my friend and it was still really good and funny the second time around haha! We were all cracking up together. Gonna miss this anime and all the girls again :(

May 26, 2012 3:36 PM

Aug 2010
Wow, all these feels.

This show reminded me of all of my highschool memories. Definitely loved everything about this show. A solid 9/10 out of me.

Going to read the manga next.
Aug 1, 2012 4:09 AM

Jun 2009
After getting the DVDs I just finished watching this show for the fourth time. No matter how many times I see it, it's always great. Even though I know the jokes I can still laugh about them. A lot actually totally crack me up.

And then this final episode. It never fails to bring a tear to my eye. The girls graduate and even though Chiyo says that they'll stay together, it's gonna be difficult since eventually all of them have to go their ways in their lives. This is pretty hard after having seen them spent three years together. Heck, WE spent those three years with them. Great memories remain. I love this show.
Aug 5, 2012 2:27 AM

Jun 2012
Every time I watch something that involves high school graduation, I get depressed.

I had a lot of fun in high school. I wish it would have never ended.
Some parts of this post may be exaggerated.
Aug 15, 2012 2:55 AM

Nov 2010
Loved it.
really good comedy overall.

7/10
Sep 11, 2012 3:53 PM

Sep 2010
10 years huh and still likeable 9/10 :)
Oct 27, 2012 5:26 PM

Oct 2010
A top5 episode or so. And one of the best endings I've seen in anime.

There's something about its emotional exposition that strikes me. It is simple, yet very, very careful. It drives every detail in the right direction. Tomo starting the ovation for Chiyo was one of those little details that made this episode so great. And the graduation song was so nice I got quite teary-eyed in it. And the farewell ceremony at Yukari's class. And the gang appreciating Yukari for her work during these years. And Chiyo bowing to the school one last time. And what about the ending. Instead of trying a heavy emotional discourse, the show decides to finish with a casual yet cute thought of Chiyo while the group is going to the amusement park and showing their usual interactions. There's nothing epic or overdone in it. The characters don't give a conclusion to the story, it's the audience who leaves them at one point. And still, this ending is not left open: it actually comes full circle, as the end of a stage for its characters.

On the other hand, it was also very hilarious. I can't believe that my favorite Tomo-Yomi interaction of the whole series actually makes the last joke of the show. The pacing of their scenes in this episode is absolutely flawless. And that's one of the things I loved about Azumanga. For a show being based on repetition of patterns and interactions, it is quite worth of mention that the humorous situations get an almost constant improvement instead of growing stale. And not only that but any transition between emotional and comedic scenes (let's say Yukari losing her wallet or Nyamo happily saying that some of her students may not get their certificates) is done here perfectly.

10/10
Jan 21, 2013 4:32 PM
May 2012
jal90 said:
A top5 episode or so. And one of the best endings I've seen in anime.

There's something about its emotional exposition that strikes me. It is simple, yet very, very careful. It drives every detail in the right direction. Tomo starting the ovation for Chiyo was one of those little details that made this episode so great. And the graduation song was so nice I got quite teary-eyed in it. And the farewell ceremony at Yukari's class. And the gang appreciating Yukari for her work during these years. And Chiyo bowing to the school one last time. And what about the ending. Instead of trying a heavy emotional discourse, the show decides to finish with a casual yet cute thought of Chiyo while the group is going to the amusement park and showing their usual interactions. There's nothing epic or overdone in it. The characters don't give a conclusion to the story, it's the audience who leaves them at one point. And still, this ending is not left open: it actually comes full circle, as the end of a stage for its characters.

On the other hand, it was also very hilarious. I can't believe that my favorite Tomo-Yomi interaction of the whole series actually makes the last joke of the show. The pacing of their scenes in this episode is absolutely flawless. And that's one of the things I loved about Azumanga. For a show being based on repetition of patterns and interactions, it is quite worth of mention that the humorous situations get an almost constant improvement instead of growing stale. And not only that but any transition between emotional and comedic scenes (let's say Yukari losing her wallet or Nyamo happily saying that some of her students may not get their certificates) is done here perfectly.

10/10

Your post pretty much sums up why I love this show so much. I agree completely!
Mar 29, 2013 5:29 PM

May 2012
Wow, this is easily the best entry in the whole "all girl highschool slice-of-life" genre! It was a slow burn i gotta admit, it wasn't that funny at first but as the characters developed and the skits got more bizarre it got a lot funnier as it went on.

Where most of these shows dont have any semblance of plot or progression, Azumanga Daioh actually has a very subtle ongoing storyline. It shows 3 years of these girls' lives where most in the same genre only covers a year or so, (Because sequel-bait)

Great anime, 9/10

Favourite characters: Yukari-sensei, Osaka, Chiyo-chan
who_dat_ninjaApr 2, 2015 1:18 PM
Apr 2, 2013 6:02 AM

Jul 2009
A 10/10, the best comedy series I've every watched. None of the jokes fell flat and it made a big impact on me which will remain for the rest of my life. I've yet to find another comedy as funny and with such a fantastic ending as this. The BGM is superior to everything too
Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle! Muscle Muscle! Hustle Hustle!
May 6, 2013 6:45 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

A great finish it too mushy nor too serious a really good balance seemed to be in the classroom with the girls, and the great meaning in the end! An anime series that deserves, even though the designs can not be counted as beautiful, I I would say an epic simplicity, to be taken as an example to all those dull series and starring anonymous, I am happy to have had the chance to see it in my native language, I'm sorry that the story of Chiyo and companions ends here! Sad!
Jun 26, 2013 10:16 PM

Sep 2012
I figured I'd ask here instead of starting a new thread:

I've watched all these episodes at least twice each, and I still don't know what that yellow, pointy-headed, deep-voiced thing that Sakaki calls "father" is supposed to be. All I know... is that it terrifies me. I might have been able to think about it... but all rational thought flees my brain when that yokai haunts my dreamscapes! I'm sure it's told the audience what it is, but every time it speaks all I hear is, "I will eat your souuullll..." ヽ(゚Д゚)ノ

You know, this horrific apparition?
Never forget, that if you post a topic, you're not allowed to post in it yourself, by order of MAL administration.
Jun 27, 2013 12:20 AM

Oct 2010
It's a flying cat, who is actually not a cat, with the face of former Prime Minister Yoshiro Mori. Clear, isn't it?
Jul 23, 2013 2:10 PM

Nov 2011
Not really a big hit for me. Without the cat and those random gags, I might of dropped it. 5/10.

I'll miss sensei though as well as Sakaki the most.
Jul 24, 2013 8:59 PM

Sep 2012
Stark700 said:
I'll miss sensei though as well as Sakaki the most.
I, too, am Kaorin for Sakaki.
Never forget, that if you post a topic, you're not allowed to post in it yourself, by order of MAL administration.
May 27, 2014 10:32 AM

Feb 2014
That ending was amazing. And yes, I cried. But I don't regret it, it was great anime. Maybe little bit better in manga, but still.
Jun 4, 2014 5:50 PM

Oct 2013
BANZAI!!! 10/10
nanofate fan
konata x kagami fan
Nov 25, 2014 1:24 PM

Sep 2009
When I first started this series, I was a little turned off by the fairly slow start. I found Osaka's intonation to be odd, and a lot of the humor in the first two(?) episodes didn't interest me.

Of course, I continued watching as is my policy with Anime, and Osaka eventually became one of my favorites, if not my absolute favorite, of Azumanga. The humor either ramped up, or I just began to appreciate it more. Especially with the comedic timing and pauses.

I've been turned off to slice of life for a while now because it seemed like the ones I watched just didn't have any appeal. I didn't imagine such an old series like Azumanga would blow everything I've watched recently out of the water.

10/10 from me. A heartwarming, and fitting, ending and a wonderful series overall.
Dec 11, 2014 4:20 AM

Aug 2014
Funny, sad, heartwarming what an amazing last ep. Im gonna miss you Azumanga Daioh, 9/10 ;_;
Jan 13, 2015 6:17 PM

Sep 2014
This episode certainly brought back memories of graduation.

Needed more drunk Yukari x)
Jan 25, 2015 8:23 AM

Aug 2011
CHIYO-CHAAAAAN!!!! T_T

This deserves way more than 10/10! It's such a great story...
Ugh, every character is so special~ ^^
Jan 30, 2015 9:14 PM

Mar 2012
Great anime though the last episodes didn't feel as good as the earlier ones.
Mar 7, 2015 12:34 PM

Oct 2014
I'll miss Osaka
Jun 28, 2015 4:32 PM

Jun 2015
Sherlockeb said:
I'll miss Osaka

I'll miss ALL of them... Well, I can always rewatch.

I respect your opinion as long as you respect mine.
Aug 14, 2015 10:43 PM
Apr 2015
What a wrap up. Will miss all the girls.
Sep 6, 2015 7:53 PM

Dec 2008
School graduation episodes always bring back memories.

Fun series overall. Glad I watched it.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Azumanga Daioh Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 )

then - Jan 27, 2008

60 by UnknownGhost5 »»
Jun 10, 1:01 AM

Poll: » Azumanga Daioh Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

then - Jan 27, 2008

83 by UnknownGhost5 »»
Jun 9, 4:25 AM

Poll: » Azumanga Daioh Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

then - Jan 25, 2008

54 by UnknownGhost5 »»
Jun 9, 3:03 AM

Poll: » Azumanga Daioh Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

then - Jan 25, 2008

71 by UnknownGhost5 »»
Jun 9, 2:21 AM

Poll: » Azumanga Daioh Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

then - Jan 17, 2008

52 by E_Creator »»
May 15, 11:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.