Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 23, 2013 9:52 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Present time. Main girl meeting the eldest. So... the youngest is different from the older two? No wonder these two looked different in their adult form.

lol @ that CM. Oh, that remote controler ep. from the OVA, but in that lab lady's point of view.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Oct 23, 2013 10:00 AM

Nov 2011
That was pretty epic. Those guys in the white suits sure made the episode entertaining. Shouko was pretty epic in this episode as well as I remember her from the original series. Well yeah.
Oct 23, 2013 10:03 AM

Apr 2009
Drunk Shouko is a miracle of the universe, and surprisingly so was Kurama as a kid.

I do wonder what Kurama and Fushimi have planned, though.
Oct 23, 2013 10:16 AM
Dec 2012
OK episode. I liked the unique visual.
Oct 23, 2013 3:18 PM

Jun 2013
Oh so that's where the pink bunny doll came from... I was wondering why little Koto from the last episode was always greeting the pink bunny doll. Still kinda unsure how that doll talks though...

It's nice to see Kurama's background through this episode. I've always thought he was a bit annoying from the OVA's and ONA, but this episode really showed how much he cares about Kyoto, his parents, and his siblings.

Not much to say about Shouko, but it seems she has a certain obsession with Koto. Maybe I missed it, but does the anime explain how Shouko and the gang came to join Kurama?
Oct 23, 2013 7:58 PM

Apr 2009
pakoko said:
Not much to say about Shouko, but it seems she has a certain obsession with Koto. Maybe I missed it, but does the anime explain how Shouko and the gang came to join Kurama?

It's heavily implied this episode that Shouko and Fushimi are from the Shrine organization Koto is a part of.

And that just brings a whole load of questions.

Also, http://i.imgur.com/n754vHn.jpg
AmarrezOct 23, 2013 8:26 PM
Oct 23, 2013 8:07 PM

Aug 2008
I can't help but feel a bit sad because of the first part...

Wow, they are actually people from the shrine? I can't wait to see how the giant mecha can bring their parents' back!
Oct 23, 2013 8:50 PM

Jun 2012
I should've guessed Shouko and Fushimi used to be in Shrine based on their clothing

The most interesting part of the episode for me though was Kurama's story. Growing up he wanted to be like Yakushimaru(Current Myoue) and do as he pleases in the Real World(even now in his adult form that's what he wants but he's stuck). Inari knew the problems it would've caused if a demon/drawing wandered into town after Inari was exiled(episode 1). That's probably part of the reason why he hopped on Usagi Koto's idea to retreat into the Mirror Capital so quickly

- So Yakushimaru is human after all? I wonder what it was like for Inari to procreate with a drawing/goddess's body
- As we saw in EP 00, Kurama tries(will try) to do something to Hammer Koto so his parents will come home faster
-All of the chaos over Shouko's PSP was hillarious XD

Yase's episode is probably going to be the weirdest out of all the siblings
HybridMBLOct 23, 2013 8:54 PM
Oct 23, 2013 10:09 PM
Apr 2013
This episode was both heartwarming and hilarious. My favorite moment being the 40s cartoon style commercial complete with completely retro theme song.

A few other things that stand out to me: Chiwa Saito is hilarious, as always. And there will be a giant mecha...
MCALOct 23, 2013 11:34 PM
Oct 23, 2013 10:25 PM

Aug 2013
Was nice to get to know a bit more about Kurama. Shouko is hilarious, she seems to obsess and get attached to things very easily. All that trouble over one controller.
wow gay
Oct 23, 2013 10:35 PM
Mar 2012
My favourite OVA (Shouko's Controller) made it in this episode without any changes to it, even the OSt was (thankfully) intact!. Did it feel kind of forced? Yes. Is it still awesome? Hell Yes!

Finally some backstory for Kurama and some hints for Shouko and Fushimi.

Looks like Yase is up next week.
Oct 23, 2013 10:51 PM

May 2013
Cool that we got to know more about Kurama. Definitely remembered that controller part from the OVA.
Oct 23, 2013 11:00 PM

Feb 2010
Another awesome episode.
Loved Kurama backstory + controller search.

This show is so original + awesome... I love how I have no idea what will happen next or where this will end up plot wise.

I look forward to next week's episode.
Oct 23, 2013 11:04 PM

Jun 2013
Man, oh man! Not a single episode has disappointed me yet. I'm glad we got some backstory on Kurama. He was so adorable in this episode! I also liked seeing he and Yase being introduced to Yakushimaru.

Looks like we are having a Yase-oriented episode next week! I can't wait!
Oct 24, 2013 12:04 AM

Jul 2011
Bare with me, this may be long and/or a bit confusing

So we finally know how mirror Kyoto gained access on modern technology (unless I was the only one asking about that)

Before I say anything else, how great is it that Fushimi (or as I like to call him, science guy)has some depth to him! I grew pretty fond of him from his appearances in he OVA and ONA, but I never expected him to have a back-story at all, although I don't think they'll expand on it more than they did this episode. Here's hoping I'm wrong because I'm so much more curious about him and shoko now. Also anyone think it's weird that he just kind of dissolved at the end? Basically, I adore the enitre team.

So apparently Koto wasn't the only one to come to this world after the parents left? huh.

Koto's just really great as a progtagonost. Everyone's calling her an idiot, but all that must just be referring to a lack of book smarts because she's obviously a skilled fighter, but more importantly, she acts and talks like she knows what going on around her which is something that most MCs don't.I's great. We don't have to rely on the main character for own understanding of the situation.

Oh and, I guess they changed it so that the hammer isn't Bishimaru's afterall? Or maybe it's that they're stealing the technology?

I really liked the sibling interactions (and I really didn't like to stupid flat chest joke at the beginning) The three being introduced to each other was precious. Of the various thing this anime does right, characterization is defiantly done flawlessly. Kurama was so adorable hopping around as a kid, and I felt such heartache for him when he first realized their parents left. also about that, I sort of feel like they just abandoned their kids, why did the monk have to go with Koto?

I'm still interested in seeing Kotos first introductions to the mirror capital. Her, meeting all the characters and the works... but with the way the story's told, that may or may not happen. her talk with Kurama already made it clear that she's already been fed bits and pieces of their past so in a way it would bee a bit redundant to go over those details again. I still have to get used to erratic the storytelling but I do love it so.

samspot8r8sOct 24, 2013 1:36 AM
Oct 24, 2013 1:55 AM

Jan 2009
i hope they unlock the secrets of that hammer so that they can go to the real world already
Oct 24, 2013 1:58 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Kurini said:
I can't help but feel a bit sad because of the first part...

It was sad how Kurama wanted to go to the capital and couldn't, and although he was mesmerized by the Mirror Kyoto, he still wanted to visit the one in the real world :( It must be really sad when you have a dream that can never come true. Anyways, I love getting to know all the characters' backgrounds ^^

Shouko's controller! Funny how Fushimi installed the GPS without Souko knowing :) He and Kurama also seems to be up to something...or something ._.
Oct 24, 2013 2:59 AM
Jul 2009
HybridMBL said:
- So Yakushimaru is human after all? I wonder what it was like for Inari to procreate with a drawing/goddess's body

Yakushimaru's adopted. Myoue took him in after his parents were murdered.
Oct 24, 2013 3:12 AM

Oct 2012
I'm so relieved. i thought this would be a weak episode since Kurama looked like the most one-dimensional character of the bunch, but it turns out this show doesn't know how to disappoint. Fleshing out Kurama, giving him a personality, layers, and a motive was one of the best moves this show's done yet.

Next up, the most sentimental of them all, Yase. Hope it continues being great.
Oct 24, 2013 4:00 AM

Apr 2013
I find this series amazing. Another episode where I just couldn't take my eyes off the screen.

Nice learning about Kurama and seeing him interact with Koto. And I definitely enjoyed all the Shouko madness lol
Oct 24, 2013 6:00 AM

Mar 2011
Well it's just another great episode from this series
Can't wait to see yase <3

Oct 24, 2013 7:04 AM

Jun 2011
God, this episode was truly fantastic. We got some development for Kurama, the leader and the eldest, and we also got some very entertaining little side stories to go along with it.

If this show can develop all of it's characters like this, quickly and concisely, and the art, animation, and overall zaniness remain as excellent as they have been, then I'm sure this anime will be the best of Fall 2013. Even better than Kill la Kill. That's right. I said it.

Though there isn't much competition besides Kill la Kill anyways...
And what if all love is an act of bravery?

Could you look me in the eye and say that you are not afraid?

Oct 24, 2013 7:33 AM

Aug 2010
Another brilliant episode.

Kurama's past was pretty sad. Having to stay home like that.
But I was happy for him when he was allowed in the mirror capital ^^

Koto was fun and cute as usual :D

Love Shouko's VA. She was so cute when she was drunk.

At the end seems like Kurama is planning something big. And shit may get real. I don't blame him though.
He seems to have finally found a way to fulfill his long awaited dream :)

Nxt ep...Yase.
Oct 24, 2013 12:21 PM

Mar 2013
Love how this works. "I made them, so they're your new siblings from today."
Oct 24, 2013 12:42 PM

Oct 2012
Ahh, I really do love Shouko. Again, great episode. They're doing a great job at tying the original ONA's into the series so that they actually make sense and I couldn't be happier that they decided to keet the original OST from the ONA. Kurama's past was sad, but I'm glad he got some nice development.

Toei really seem to know what they are doing though, can't wait for Yase's episode next week.
Oct 24, 2013 12:58 PM

Jul 2011
Eh. Not sure I appreciate them just sticking the OVA into half the episode... but at least it makes more sense this time. However, preview looks like its from the OVAs too. :/
Oct 24, 2013 1:14 PM

Sep 2012
Years go by in episodes of this show and it doesn't feel rushed at all. I am now thoroughly on board for whatever they decide to do with Yase next week.
Oct 24, 2013 1:49 PM

Jan 2013
i was wondering why I felt De Ja Vu.
Anyways, I don't like this as much as all you other people.
It's not coming together for me.
Oct 24, 2013 2:17 PM

Aug 2012
Just gets better and better with more bits of the family's story given each episode. Can't wait to see what Kurama and Fushimi have planned.
Oct 24, 2013 4:54 PM

Jun 2013
samspot8r8s said:

Oh and, I guess they changed it so that the hammer isn't Bishimaru's afterall? Or maybe it's that they're stealing the technology?

also about that, I sort of feel like they just abandoned their kids, why did the monk have to go with Koto?

No, what you're saying is not confusing at all! You know what's going on at least.

And yeah I think Shouko, being the possessive girl that she is, wanted to keep the hammer that Koto "lent" to her, because the hammer would go hand in hand with Bishamaru to help bring back the three sibling's parents (or at least, that's what Kurama is plotting). Koto just takes it back because it's rightfully hers.

The monk never had to go with Koto. But he said he "paralyzed at the thought of" losing Koto in his life, and so he chose to go with her rather than let her go alone.
Oct 24, 2013 5:00 PM

Jun 2013
Mirorin said:
Eh. Not sure I appreciate them just sticking the OVA into half the episode... but at least it makes more sense this time. However, preview looks like its from the OVAs too. :/

You can't blame them for doing that, since the OVA's were pretty damn confusing and all over the place. I think they're trying to make this series make sense to everyone, in which case they are justified to "sticking" the whole OVA into the episodes because they are somewhat essential to the big plot.

But I know what you mean =/ Like, I know after Yase's episode, it'll be Yakushimaru's episode corresponding the the 4th OVA episode.
Oct 24, 2013 5:52 PM

Nov 2011
Sure, this was only 50% new stuff, but who gives a hoot? It was still brilliant, and this is not just my front runner for Anime of the Year, but is well on its way to being an all time classic.
Oct 24, 2013 7:08 PM

Jan 2013
Nice to see some Kurama development.

Anyway, another great episode imo.
Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

Oct 24, 2013 8:59 PM

Sep 2012
HybridMBL said:
...I wonder what it was like for Inari to procreate with a drawing/goddess's body
I hope there were no paper-cuts.
Oct 24, 2013 10:13 PM

May 2011
What a fun and enjoyable episode this was. I really liked Kurama's background, it showed a good side of him. I'm liking how they're tying together all the original work, it's starting to make sense more and more. Hopefully they keep the pace for the future episodes because this series has been great so far.
Oct 24, 2013 10:44 PM

Jan 2011
The story is so good.
[center]
Oct 24, 2013 10:54 PM

May 2013
it was an okay episode, nothing much happen, no new information, and i think some scene is a repeat of the ova 3/5
Oct 25, 2013 2:25 PM

Aug 2009
I loved this episode!
The first part with Kurama's back story.. I teared up at the part when he got to see the "capital" and being able to work, and you could tell how happy he was.
Oct 25, 2013 5:01 PM

May 2011
Ahh, that yearning to get out into the world only to find another layer of entrapment. I enjoyed that episode as well. The siblings are probably the part I'm most interested about in all this, seeing how they have grown up and changed from the past and yet retained elements of what they were.
Oct 25, 2013 5:03 PM

Oct 2008
pakoko said:
Still kinda unsure how that doll talks though...

It's probably Koto talking for it.
Oct 25, 2013 5:41 PM

Sep 2011
I'm so confused. What is even going on in the series. So many flash backs that I can't even tell what's happening.
Oct 25, 2013 6:28 PM

Aug 2012
Tyrel said:
I'm so confused. What is even going on in the series. So many flash backs that I can't even tell what's happening.

really? i've thought the last few episodes were the most straight forward so far. perhaps you're just thinking too hard because of the intimidating concept of the multiverse presented by the series. basically yase, myoue, and the chief priest want to bring they're parents back for various reasons shown in the flashbacks and they believe koto has some sort of relationship with their mother which could help them find a way to bring them back. obviously there's more to it but i hope that helps a bit.
Oct 25, 2013 6:50 PM

Sep 2011
tankoubon-feind said:
Tyrel said:

really? i've thought the last few episodes were the most straight forward so far. perhaps you're just thinking too hard because of the intimidating concept of the multiverse presented by the series. basically yase, myoue, and the chief priest want to bring they're parents back for various reasons shown in the flashbacks and they believe koto has some sort of relationship with their mother which could help them find a way to bring them back. obviously there's more to it but i hope that helps a bit.

Ah, kay. Makes sense now. I was like "Why are the parents here?" and the kids are all grown up. Forgot about the multiverse universe.
Oct 26, 2013 11:23 AM

Jun 2013
j0x said:
i hope they unlock the secrets of that hammer so that they can go to the real world already

THAT SEEMS LIKE A MAJOR SPOILER.
THANKS FUDGING YOU.
"Children of Japan. And those who were once children. Listen! This is not a dream. This is not fiction. In reality, your superheroes were always fighting. To teach viewers courage and the meaning of justice! No matter how many enemies there are. No matter how strong evil is. Just remember. Does any another country have so many heroes? Has any another country been protected by multiple superheroes? Stand with me, friends! Remember when you used to watch your superheroes!
Once you may have given up this dream. But today, you can be a hero!"

- Kaname Jouji , Red Axe

Oct 26, 2013 4:05 PM

Jun 2013
Riez said:
j0x said:

THAT SEEMS LIKE A MAJOR SPOILER.
THANKS FUDGING YOU.

That wasn't a spoiler. Kurama has worked from the moment his parents left Mirror Kyoto to get back to the real world Kyoto. He clearly implied he wanted to see his parents once more back in the real world, since he felt that his parents were taking too long to come back.

As for the hammer, Inari (Kurama's father) gave it to Koto, so it must mean that the hammer is something special. For one thing, we know from the intro of the first episode that Inari misses the days he used to live with his children, while looking at the hammer. I actually am not sure how high up Inari is in the Shrine Organization, but if he helped make the hammer, then he must have done it because the hammer might lead to Mirror Kyoto. So it can somewhat be implied that the hammer has something to do with how Koto got to Mirror Kyoto from the first place. Knowing that, it's not much of a spoiler that the hammer can eventually lead to Koto going back to the real world.
pakokoOct 27, 2013 3:13 AM
Oct 26, 2013 5:53 PM

Apr 2012
The episode are starting to become easier to understand, I don't know whether that's a good or a bad thing.
"Rejoice! We are humans— we are the most talented people! Precisely because we were born without any ability— we can achieve anything— this is the will of the weakest race!" – Sora, ‘No game No life Vol.01’
Oct 26, 2013 6:06 PM
Oct 2012
While I will not be as excessive as to call myself rare, I am one of those who watched and liked this show when it first came out as OVAs, oh so long ago. At that time while I loved the series as a whole, overall I thought that each successive OVA inferior to the prior, as if each new episode was a bleached imitation previous episode. This feeling made me hesitant about this new rendition: could they tell a coherent story that built on instead of distracted from the original show.

I am happy to say that this show succeeds wonderful. Each episode has taken the OVA and incorporated it into the worldview much more successfully (and entertainingly) than the original. This bodes so well for the rest of the series. Onwards, dear friends, I want to see what happens next.
Oct 27, 2013 5:03 AM

Feb 2011
so next one is about yase, does this mean the one after yase will be about myoue/yakushimaru?

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
Oct 27, 2013 9:27 AM

Jun 2013
Zeando said:
so next one is about yase, does this mean the one after yase will be about myoue/yakushimaru?

Yes. No doubt they'll include the whole OVA episode 4 into the Yakushimaru episode. I'm just looking forward to the story of how he got adopted in the first place. One of the users on this forum thinks his parents were killed, but we'll see.
Oct 27, 2013 5:12 PM

Apr 2010
So well, after these frist three episodes everything that happened in the OVAs start to make more sense, liking so far how it's getting deeper in the plot so that we all can finally understand what's happening. Also, I love that ending :D

"Can you feel that hybrid rainbow?"
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kyousou Giga (TV) Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 30, 2013

73 by basskiller »»
May 18, 11:47 PM

Poll: » Kyousou Giga (TV) Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 18, 2013

137 by Perrin4869 »»
Apr 29, 12:14 AM

Poll: » Kyousou Giga (TV) Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2013

66 by sharosharo »»
Apr 17, 9:59 AM

Poll: » Kyousou Giga (TV) Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 4, 2013

61 by sharosharo »»
Apr 17, 9:31 AM

Poll: » Kyousou Giga (TV) Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2013

65 by sharosharo »»
Apr 17, 9:07 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.