Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 13, 2009 9:07 PM
Sep 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Another nice episode. Everyone gives their best and they succed where other companies failed.
Mar 7, 2010 9:34 AM

Mar 2009
At first I thought this episode was going to get really stupid with the whole affair thing, but it actually was really good. At least the writers of the anime understand the "Fee is awesome" aspect of the manga.
May 17, 2010 12:33 AM

Sep 2009
A second really good episode in a row. I hope this keeps up.
Oct 10, 2010 3:01 AM

Jun 2009
Butting-in on others private life is really annoying

Handheld!?!? what the.. its like the old times

Chief don't do anything haha. The so called "Ghost molecule" thing that liquifies during day.. is really amazing and new
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Jan 22, 2011 9:56 AM

Aug 2010
Fee should not leave the crew when she has the best member out there...
Sep 4, 2011 4:10 PM

Mar 2011
Yup, Fee is awesome!

Defo the best character in this. The temp is pretty funny too!
Oct 31, 2011 6:03 PM

Jan 2009
Much better than the previous episodes, i liked it
Feb 28, 2012 5:39 AM

Aug 2010
Yup. Fee is probably my favorite character up until now in this show.

Aug 10, 2012 1:49 PM

Sep 2011
Oh snap.
Jan 24, 2013 1:28 PM

May 2012
Nice episode, I wonder what that orb was actually made off.
Nov 29, 2013 12:46 AM

Nov 2009
So . . . What was up with the blob? Just another piece of uncatchable debris like the satellite? What I don't get, and what makes this show somewhat annoying at this point, is how supposedly their debris section is a joke, and constantly being mentioned as shitty even as far as debris sections go however at the same time seems to be the only debris team that can catch "the uncatchable" . . . This makes the whole series inconsistent, are they good at what they do or are they a joke? It appears they are pretty good, so then the question is, why haven't they quit and moved to another company, one that would properly fund the section?
Jun 5, 2014 4:19 PM

Apr 2010
Pirating_Ninja said:
So . . . What was up with the blob? Just another piece of uncatchable debris like the satellite? What I don't get, and what makes this show somewhat annoying at this point, is how supposedly their debris section is a joke, and constantly being mentioned as shitty even as far as debris sections go however at the same time seems to be the only debris team that can catch "the uncatchable" . . . This makes the whole series inconsistent, are they good at what they do or are they a joke? It appears they are pretty good, so then the question is, why haven't they quit and moved to another company, one that would properly fund the section?

Exactly. I think that the company is really stupid for treating them like they're nothing when they need to catch the debris. Hm. Sort of like garbagemen irl. lol

Aug 5, 2014 7:14 AM

Nov 2011
I was right. Ep7 was the turning point. Things can only get better from now on. Now that I see it, eps 1-6 were done badly. What a shame. Well, things will be explained later on. With hope.
Oct 25, 2014 7:50 AM

Nov 2013
Fee is great so far.

"You copy?"

Hahaha that line makes me smile so much.
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Jan 10, 2016 4:34 AM
May 2012
KitaTsuki said:
Pirating_Ninja said:

Exactly. I think that the company is really stupid for treating them like they're nothing when they need to catch the debris. Hm. Sort of like garbagemen irl. lol

Exactly what I am thinking.
Jan 31, 2016 7:32 PM

Aug 2013
It's been a few episodes I've been wondering, but what's up between Hachimaki and Claire? It look like they were in a relationship and it didn't end well...

Fee is such a babe. She's made to be a hot pilot, not a boring controller. Let that job to Claire.

It look like Ai has a thing for Hachi, eh. I'm not sure she'll be able to tame him, he's a wild animal.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Apr 21, 2016 2:54 PM

Jul 2015
Nice episode, the way everything goes was quite obvious but it was still enjoyable
Jun 24, 2016 4:07 AM
真面目に勉強してる

Jul 2014
Fee is getting the opportunity of a promotion, however she would have to leave the debris team.

The other guys get the gist of it and want to show her, that they can complete a mission without her expertise as well. A mission hat several other teams tried before and failed misserably. Turns out that Fee was quite essential in completing missions before, so the retrievel of the "Ghost" isn't going as planned. However with the help of the returning Fee they manage to fulfill their mission.

In the end Fee declines the opportunity for a promotion and is staying with the debris section.

I liked this episode. I think it was the best episode until now.
Forum signature
Jun 25, 2016 7:35 AM

Mar 2015
I think Fee will stay as a debris team.

New discoveries about that dark matter. Is it really exist?

3.4/5
Dec 20, 2016 11:53 AM

Aug 2014
The problem with this show is that it is not serious at serious moments, i mean i get it if you want to put humor and light tone in the show, but in serious moments these type of things could ruin the tension needed to get the viewer relate with the situation.. which happened to me.

Second the characters are acting so immature, i find them annoying.
The story has a lot of filler-like episodes, makes me feel this show isn't worth 24 episodes.

I'm finding it hard to continue watching, i will put this series in "On-Hold" and i will check it later when i finish more interesting shows.

Fine episode. 6/10 so far.
Jan 14, 2017 7:09 PM

Apr 2014
okay but what was that Ghost thing? it was a very unusual debris
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 3, 2017 8:05 PM

Jun 2013
The episode was a bit too fast to follow sometimes, but I got the gist of it. I'm still not entirely clear on Fee's history but maybe there will be more explanation later, like on the company they started with Bolf and what Bolf meant by all the things he said in this episode, about being assimilated. I got the visual parallel with the stealth blob swallowing Tanabe and Hachi but I'm still a bit confused. And does Fee have anger management issues?

Waste collection is indeed a thankless job and most people only notice how important it is when the workers go on a strike and the streets are suddenly flooded with trash. People take it for granted, just like other public utilities. Still, collecting spash trash is not quite the same (obviously). Requires fine maneuvers, in a harsh environment, and space trash is very different from domestic waste (it probably doesn't smell). It's still literally rocket science, even if it's the least celebrated application of it.

But yes, it's still not impossible that they would be looked down on, because they're the ones doing the dirty work, if only figuratively in this case. It's also likely that the company as a whole gets the credit for successful capture of high value targets, and no one cares that the debris department was just as essential to the success as, say, the control center.

Fee is also overqualified, and has willingly stayed in her position for years, which explains why they perform better than debris offices of rival companies. So yeah, skills and effort don't always bring acknowledgement in real life, either.

I enjoy the little details that make this world feel alive and lived in, and the characters more like real people. Hildegard leaving her shift in a strikingly different outfit, and Yuri stroking a different animal in every episode are only some examples of many.
LeeTailorAug 3, 2017 8:12 PM
Nov 11, 2018 2:36 AM

Sep 2011
Nice to know more about Fee's importance to the team, and her past. It seems that the Debris Section can't do anything without her yet so it's nice that she is staying with them. It is vexing to watch the political side of the business, even though it's something inevitable. Poor Dolf; I hope one day he will get high enough in the ranks to go back to the sun.
Mar 10, 2019 1:50 PM

Feb 2012

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Jun 30, 2020 6:26 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Really good and interesting character development for Fee, she's such a great character
Dec 10, 2020 6:37 AM

Jul 2017
Fee was great in this episode, and she made the right choice by not leaving the Debris Section in my opinion. More because the Debris Section won't be able to get anything done and definitely would put themselves in danger without her, even though they did try their best. She's a great leader and commander of the Toy Box crew.
Sep 10, 2021 4:55 PM

Aug 2019
what was Edel wearing when she got off her shift? lmao
Nov 18, 2021 2:23 PM

Nov 2016
Was waiting for the Fee episode and it was a great one. Loving her.

snowykevin said:
what was Edel wearing when she got off her shift? lmao

That was lowkey what stood out the most this episode haha. Either she likes wearing slinky outfits in private, she had a date or she got another job 👀 Wouldn't surprise me if this will be brought up again. There's has been more plot continuity since episode 6.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 1, 2022 9:19 AM
Nov 2020
another great episode
NurularifinJan 1, 2022 9:28 AM
Mar 25, 1:53 PM

Dec 2022
Back to the Debris Section hijinks again, which works against the show.

Shaded Horizon

May 23, 7:49 PM

Dec 2023
Love that Tanabe sticks up for herself, and was motivated to clear the misunderstanding with Fee rather than let her colleagues circulate a terrible rumor.

Fee is a badass, she's my favorite character in the series so far.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Planetes Episode 20 Discussion

aero - Sep 5, 2008

45 by kirA_-_ »»
Yesterday, 5:23 AM

Poll: » Planetes Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

seita - Aug 28, 2008

70 by kirA_-_ »»
Sep 18, 12:03 PM

Poll: » Planetes Episode 18 Discussion

seita - Aug 28, 2008

41 by kirA_-_ »»
Sep 18, 11:25 AM

Poll: » Planetes Episode 17 Discussion

aero - Sep 2, 2008

34 by kirA_-_ »»
Sep 18, 10:50 AM

Poll: » Planetes Episode 14 Discussion

seita - Aug 27, 2008

47 by kirA_-_ »»
Sep 14, 6:17 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.