Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Fable
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
7 hours ago

Nov 2011
This wrapped up the main arc that spanned all these episodes. However, I find it kinda underwhelming, at least for the season finale.

Akiar might have a "peaceful life" for now but that city will always have its underworld crimes and activities. They kept the mood of the show really well for this finale, and throughout the entire season though imo. And Akira himself does represent the poster child of this anime really well.
7 hours ago

Dec 2021
So nice to see that for once they're not clowning Akira's drawings, but actually giving it the praise IT DESERVES. Was nice as well to see how sweet Hiroshi really is, giving the six mil to ma boy Kuroshio. Kinda wild that he threw the six mil for the 500k car, but it's whatever. Bro got 200 mil, to which apparently to him is "dead weight"... LOL. Akira's a little sweety as well, just giving the 60 mil Kuroshio just gave him RIGHT back LMAOOO.

Anywho, Octopass boss dude is legit us, ain't he. "They should hurry up and date already".. I'M SAYING!!!! Then we got poor Kuroshio.. nah scratch that, ain't no feeling bad for him, THE FUCKING IDIOT BROUGHT KEYS TO A CAR THAT IS FUCKING DESTOYED... xDDDDDDDDDDDDDD if anything, it's poor boss man. Dude's going to be depressed for a while now that his baby is destroyed. Wouldn't really feel right ending the show off without some classic Jackal, so it was nice to see one last time.

And that letter from Hinako... :( Great conclusion to her character.

Does the anime do justice to the manga? No. But the story is just that good, that even with a shit adaption, this was such an enjoyable ride. Go read the manga though. I know I will after how much fun these past twenty five weeks have been.

Jackal/10

7 hours ago

Jul 2017
While the incident in the woods become public news of Kainuma drowning, Akira focuses on his work preparing his inspired drawings for Christmas, though thankfully Misaki doesn't have to be endangered anymore. Dealing with Isaki, Kuro driving with Suzuki to eliminate him after a poor job done, though the latter acknowledges Akira for being the genius prodigy of an assassin, along with the word from his sister Hinako to be passed from Kuro to Akira. At least for the Sato siblings, their ordeal is finally over, but the post-analysis of the affair almost got Akira dealt a disadvantage, though to Isaki's 60 million funding from Kainuma's exhortation, he doesn't really want it, and passes on that amount to Kuro instead.

Akira's Christmas poster actually looks nice, and his relationship with Misaki even better. But Kuro bringing the key to Ebihara whilst his Lexus that was supposed to be given to Akira is being scrapped all at the same time, sorry bro, but you screwed up BIG time on that. Meanwhile, Akira and Misaki's boss seeing their romantic development while being quite the hurdle to go through, the former is always fixated on his Jackal content for all occasions, but the letter from Hinako that was her story of surviving through the heft of her 4 years in torture, it was then, but also now that Akira saved her once again.

It's safe to say that the Fable has progressively improved as its stakes roll. A show that impresses all the way to the end.
6 hours ago

Jan 2012
And so we end with tying up loose ends and Christmas preparations.

Ngl, that ending felt kinda random, like maybe we should have had at least one more episode actually showing the party itself. And if there's one show this year I'd like to see get a season 2 it's this one. No word on that so far, at least not that I've seen, but I hope it happens. This series was pretty easily in my Top 5 of the year. I had some relatively minor complaints like the faces occasionally taking a derpy dip in quality and Yoko's drinking bit running thin, but on the whole it was a fine series. Like I said I want season 2, and I'm pretty sure there's more source material so I hope we get one, but we'll see. I started buying the manga omnibus volumes so I'll get to experience it either way. Solid 8/10.
6 hours ago
Sep 2015
A sequel please! since The Fable: The Second Contact is already finished.

I'm wondering if Fable will get even better at drawing and eventually write a manga about himself.
5 hours ago
May 2020
What a great way to end the series.

Its so hard to find any fault with this show
we have all eaten well on this journey.

Number 1 for the year. for sure. It doesn't cop out!

I hope the series can live on with a new chapter of Akira and Yoko's quest for a normal life.
5 hours ago

Dec 2022
Wrapping up this kickass series in a cute little bow. Keep fighting, Hina-chan.

The Fable exceeded my expectations, to say the least. I remember looking through the Spring lineup and seeing this weird looking anime about a criminal who tries to live a normal life. The premise was something I was interested in (Way of the Househusband), and I wasn't watching much else at the time, so why not pick it up? What was in store for me was an incredible story with some great and memorable characters, crazy yakuza schemes, both comedic and touching moments, and the one man army known as Fable. I absolutely adored this series from start to finish. It's a shame so many people were filtered by bad animation early on.

Of the shows I've seen so far, I would even go as far as to call The Fable my favorite anime of both Spring and Summer 24. I don't want this to end. 9/10.
MALoween 2023 Candy: ///
5 hours ago
Apr 2009
I'm really glad I picked this show to watch. No hype, but it turns out to be one of my favorites. I hope they animate the rest of the manga. There are about 100 chapters left. Not to mention a second manga, so there is plenty material left.
5 hours ago
Dec 2015
This was underwhelming as the end of the anime because it is not the end of the manga, but rather the end of an arc (and not even the entire ending – some things were left out). There is a third one that spans from volume 14 to 22 (the longest in the manga, starting from chapter 141), and a 'fourth arc,' which is actually the sequel (9 volumes long).

Even though it was nice to revisit this story in animated form, the quality was pretty bad most of the time. The characters were often off-model, there were issues with perspective in many scenes, bad CGI with the cars, extremely awkward and stiff animation, and poor direction in most episodes. I’m not sure I would want to watch more of this anime if it is like this...

But do read the manga, it's great. Start from chapter 136 if you don’t want to begin from chapter 1.

FinkFrozen5 hours ago
5 hours ago

Apr 2012
surely hidden(?) gem of spring season. highly enjoyable, i want more already!
To err is human. To purr is feline (c)
5 hours ago

Nov 2016
Goes to show that you don't need great production value to be one of the best anime of the year. If the manga is even better then it's certainly a must read.

8/10

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

4 hours ago
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Regular episode to closed the arc and the season, although there are more material to continues the anime!!!

Christmas party? It looks like it will be a lot of fun!!

kekeke
3 hours ago
Jul 2020
Lowkey the best anime of 2024.
3 hours ago
Dec 2017
Show of the season for me, hands down, quite possibly of the year too. I hope this gets another season, but either way, I'm already knee deep in manga, it's fantastic.
3 hours ago
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Reply to FMmatron
Goes to show that you don't need great production value to be one of the best anime of the year. If the manga is even better then it's certainly a must read.

8/10
@FMmatron Feel the same way. Came blind into this show and have liked it more than anything else this season. The old school sense of humor is just right.

The final bit of the episode was a bit underwhelming though. They should have given us the Xmas party as the ending scene. Wanted to see Yoko getting people hammered one last time.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

2 hours ago
Oct 2021
great anime hopefully it will have a second season
28 minutes ago

Jan 2022
Dam I wish they ended the season on a tear jerker by having the Christmas party and Yoko getting emotional about Sato's boss (iykyk) .So I guess a letter will do to end the series. Personally it is amazing how much great scenes and moments this series brought. Ironically with the animation style (not pretty) helped to sell the show to the tone of the story. Making the characters life like in their own world. Overall, the series was enjoyable from beginning to end 8/10.
10 minutes ago

Feb 2013
This is a horrible end. They could make a few more episodes or even a movie to bring it into the next arc but this just feels incomplete now.
5 minutes ago
May 2019
Reply to IzanaSolos
So nice to see that for once they're not clowning Akira's drawings, but actually giving it the praise IT DESERVES. Was nice as well to see how sweet Hiroshi really is, giving the six mil to ma boy Kuroshio. Kinda wild that he threw the six mil for the 500k car, but it's whatever. Bro got 200 mil, to which apparently to him is "dead weight"... LOL. Akira's a little sweety as well, just giving the 60 mil Kuroshio just gave him RIGHT back LMAOOO.

Anywho, Octopass boss dude is legit us, ain't he. "They should hurry up and date already".. I'M SAYING!!!! Then we got poor Kuroshio.. nah scratch that, ain't no feeling bad for him, THE FUCKING IDIOT BROUGHT KEYS TO A CAR THAT IS FUCKING DESTOYED... xDDDDDDDDDDDDDD if anything, it's poor boss man. Dude's going to be depressed for a while now that his baby is destroyed. Wouldn't really feel right ending the show off without some classic Jackal, so it was nice to see one last time.

And that letter from Hinako... :( Great conclusion to her character.

Does the anime do justice to the manga? No. But the story is just that good, that even with a shit adaption, this was such an enjoyable ride. Go read the manga though. I know I will after how much fun these past twenty five weeks have been.

Jackal/10
@IzanaSolos The end part of your comment confused me. Have you read the entire manga already?

More topics from this board

» Is this worth checking out or should I just read the manga?

1Respect4People - 2 hours ago

2 by bigbooty_ »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » The Fable Episode 24 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 21

29 by WhiteFinity »»
Today, 4:22 AM

Poll: » The Fable Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 6

92 by Kodreyu »»
Yesterday, 7:56 AM

Poll: » The Fable Episode 13 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 29

37 by BthatTVK »»
Sep 22, 8:28 PM

Poll: » The Fable Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 14

28 by Limi »»
Sep 22, 4:35 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.