Forum Settings
Forums
New
Do you read light novels?
May 25, 3:29 PM

Oct 2018
If you do read light novels do you also watch anime and read manga? Alternatively if you don't read light novels do you read manga?
May 25, 3:40 PM

May 2019
No, i don't read light novels but i do read some erotic visual novels.
May 25, 3:41 PM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
I don't usually read LN and read manga instead, the only LN I've ever read (albeit not until latest chapter) is Otonari Tenshi :)

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
May 25, 3:47 PM
Apr 2024
I don't read light novels regularly, I think the only one I've read is Classroom of the Elite and I do watch anime and read manga
May 25, 3:47 PM

Aug 2020
Yes. I read Oregairu and COTE some years ago too. Currently reading Toaru.

May 25, 3:52 PM

Oct 2022
I would like to get into light novels but I already have a lot of other books I want to read so I will get to it when I can.
-Login to mal
-Looks at notifications
-Three messages deleted
"Oh no"
May 25, 3:56 PM

Aug 2013
No.

When Solo Leveling manhwa was still releasing 'weekly', I took a look at the LN. 15 Seconds was all I needed to leave. Not my thing, I rather read a good book.

I do read some manga, but primarily manhwa.
I don't know who quotes me and then deletes the comment, but know that you make my day.

STEAM's GOTY 2024 the Ghost of Tsushima

Warhammer 40K Space Marine 2 compared to other games released in 2024 is without a doubt a masterpiece.
HOWEVER...
Warhammer 40K Space Marine 2 compared to far older games like Gears of War from 2006 is pretty lackluster and has lots of room for improvement -> 5.5/10
Lol Sony needs to stop sniffing their own farts, their IQ is crashing so hard they are gonna ruin the whole company.
May 25, 3:59 PM

Feb 2020
I sometimes read LNs, but i don't like them as much as Manga or regular fiction novels.
May 25, 4:01 PM
Handler One

Jan 2023
I have a few light novels. Most of 86 Eighty-Six, two volumes of Spy Kyoushitsu, and Natsu e no Tunnel, Sayonara no Deguchi.

"You fought to the end. You survived. That's why you're here now. I think that's something you should be more proud of."
- Vladilena Milizé
May 25, 4:05 PM

Aug 2018
Yeah, slowly reading the Mushoku Tensei light novel.
May 25, 5:05 PM

Dec 2020
Only of series that I'm a REALLY big fan on.
May 25, 5:05 PM

Jul 2016
Tried to but couldn't get into it. Maybe I just wasn't reading any good ones.
May 25, 5:21 PM

Feb 2021
Yes, I read light novels almost every day, cause it came to a point that I was buying more volumes than I was reading, so my back-log really grew over the years, now I'm trying to read most of it.

Also I never understood why people waste their times reading manga versions of light novels, cause you're literally reading the version that is inferior in every way possible.
And it was really funny when I saw a self-proclaimed "isekai fan" here who only reads manga lmaoooo
May 25, 5:27 PM

Apr 2022
nah, i tried reading 86 a while ago and couldn't get into it, but i'll try baccano soon since i have more interest in that.
May 25, 5:46 PM
ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Aug 2014
I have not read any light novels before, but I am open to it. There are lots of books I'd like to read though.
May 25, 5:55 PM

Jul 2013
No, I do not. It is not like they are actually worth reading.
May 25, 6:09 PM

Aug 2021
Yes, especially if the Anime is an incomplete adaptation like KoreZom

I don't consistently read manga
Entity72May 25, 6:37 PM
May 25, 6:59 PM

Aug 2022
If I have spare time, then I would love to read some.

Though judging by the lack of hype surrounding "light novel adaptations" when compared "manga adaptations", I think its safe to assume that the English speaking anime fandom is far more inclined to reading manga instead of light novels
May 25, 7:09 PM

Feb 2016
I enjoy reading all kinds of novels (except bad ones).
その目だれの目?
May 25, 7:28 PM
Oct 2023
Only light novel that ive finished so far is maria, others feel too tedious
May 25, 9:57 PM

Dec 2012
Yeah, I do. I'd rather read novels than manga personally, though I do read some manga too. Although, I watch WAY anime than I read novels or manga.

I'm reading novels for (or once attempted to read):

Novels or Novel Series I've Finished:
KruszerMay 25, 10:21 PM
"The name's Gambit. Remember it."
-Gambit "X-Men '97"

May 25, 10:00 PM
Jul 2018
Sometimes, but I drop out after a few volumes.
May 25, 10:37 PM

Nov 2015
yes, I'm reading a novel of 500 pages approx. called kara no kyoukai 🤔 I like a good read for my summers... nah, kidding. I just didn't knew what I was getting myself into 😭 but now I must finish it, damn it. like a completionist, also I feel smarter everyday ngl.

💢

May 25, 11:05 PM

Mar 2021
Yeah I have but I'd rather read and actual book they tend to be a lot better
★・・・・・・★
If you wish to treat this incident as our nation’s scheme, that is fine by me. History is written by the victors. All of your false accusations will soon be erased.
★・・・・・・★

May 25, 11:28 PM

Oct 2010
this is what I read so far
ame no hi no iris
chainsaw man buddy stories
danganronpa zero
gekkou
harmony
kamisu reina series
hakomari
kara no kyoukai
mikkakan no koufuku
koisuru kiseichuu
Koten-bu series
nhk ni yokoso
onani master kurosawa after the juvenile
seikai no monshou + senki
shingeki no kyojin: kakuzetsu toshi no joou
suka suka
sugar dark
suzumiya haruhi series
tsukumodo antique shop

And I am currently reading Lodoss tou Senki
May 25, 11:32 PM
Isekai Trucker

Oct 2015
I read a lot, possible way too much manga and light novels.
I have read the light novels, manga and watched the anime of the same series as well just to see the difference.
"You only realize the real value of something you discarded when you get the chance to pick it up again." - Rudeus Greyrat
May 25, 11:41 PM

Apr 2021
yes i have read some light novels and i also watch and read manga. I would say that i prefer watching rather than reading, but if i have to read, i prefer manga nowadays since reading light novels is really time consuming. In the past i could read 1 vol of a light novel in a day, nowadays it can take me from 2-3 days to even a week.
May 26, 12:26 AM

Jan 2023
Yes, I do read light novels, and I enjoy them quite a bit :)
I also watch anime and read manga.
May 26, 1:27 AM

Apr 2021
I used to read a lot before. Could read 4 volumes a day easily during covid. Now i don't really have that much time or focus.
May 26, 2:43 AM

Sep 2016
Not anymore, many years ago I did read 2 but dropped both because I got bored.
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
May 26, 3:28 AM

Jul 2021
Reply to luisfunes99
yes i have read some light novels and i also watch and read manga. I would say that i prefer watching rather than reading, but if i have to read, i prefer manga nowadays since reading light novels is really time consuming. In the past i could read 1 vol of a light novel in a day, nowadays it can take me from 2-3 days to even a week.
@luisfunes99 Same here, I've read LN and it really takes me all day to read 1 vol, so I have a hard time dividing my time reading LN compared to reading manga. But instead of reading LN or manga, I really prefer to spend my free time to watch anime

𝕊𝕙𝕚𝕣𝕠 - 𝕊𝕖𝕚𝕤𝕙𝕦𝕟'𝕤 ℙ𝕝𝕒𝕪𝕝𝕚𝕤𝕥
"Time doesn't heal anything, it just teaches us how to live with pain." —Itachi Uchiha
May 26, 11:14 AM
Oct 2019
No Game No Life is the only light novel series I've read, and I only read it because I wanted to know what happens after the anime, but didn't wanna keep waiting for a second season that may never come.

Now I still want season 2, but it's because I wanna see my favorite parts of one of my favorite series adapted into anime, not because I want to know what happened next.
May 26, 11:19 AM

Nov 2014
I usually don't read LN, but I bought the LNs of the Monogatari Series. It is my favorite anime, and instead of rewatching it, I decided to read the LNs and the manga.
May 26, 11:25 AM

Jul 2013
I don't typically read light novels. I just read manga most of the time tbh...
May 26, 11:47 AM

May 2021
Yes. COTE and Eminence in shadow. Read 5-6 vols of otonari tenshi and some bunny girl senpai too
May 26, 12:08 PM

Sep 2007
I haven't read any LN nor manga, but I'm generally open to it.
May 26, 12:21 PM

May 2021
I’d like to get into light novels eventually but I just recently got more into reading manga so there are a lot of titles for me to catch up on, but I'm sure I’ll add them into the rotation at some point
May 26, 1:20 PM

May 2018
I read manga. I've read a few novels, too. The problem is that many of light novels are dumb, including many popular and top listed ones. The ones with long names may literally damage your intelligence.
May 26, 2:31 PM

Jan 2017
Yes I do. I read many different series. It is my one vice in life.

May 26, 2:48 PM

Oct 2017
No, and my Japanese skills aren't fluent enough to read the ones I want to cuz all the actual ones I want to read of course weren't translated
This post is brought to you by your local transfem gamer goblin. Will not tolerate bigotry and will fight against "anti-woke" sentiment to make the anime community a safer place.

More topics from this board

» Do you think Anime has been a net positive for humanity??

LenRea - 10 hours ago

20 by BigBoyAdvance »»
2 minutes ago

Poll: » If all pirated sites were to shut down, would you be willing to pay for anime? ( 1 2 3 4 )

All_Knowing - Sep 7

160 by TheMechaManiac »»
3 minutes ago

» Misleading, out of context, or outright fake knowledge about various titles ( 1 2 )

RobertBobert - Yesterday

52 by DigiCat »»
8 minutes ago

» Do your waifu need an upgrade?

SgtBateMan - 25 minutes ago

4 by deg »»
14 minutes ago

» If you had to choose, which anime took place at school more?

Jukemania - Sep 20

6 by RainyEvenings »»
14 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.