Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (14) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jun 28, 2023 7:25 AM

Jan 2021
"Oshi No Ko" is a masterpiece that captures pure emotion. From the very first episode, it's evident how deeply the author cares about the story being crafted. While the narrative isn't afraid to explore dark themes, it strikes a perfect balance, never overwhelming the viewer. In addition to its darkness, the anime delves into numerous other captivating themes. Through the eyes of main characters Aqua and Ruby, we gain insight into the inner workings of the entertainment industry and the harsh realities of life. This is where "Oshi No Ko" truly shines in my opinion—the characters are exceptionally well-written, mirroring real-life individuals. It's safe to say they are among the best-written characters in recent anime. It's evident that everyone involved in the production of "Oshi No Ko" has poured their heart and soul into the project.

The animation is stunning, capturing the essence of the manga, and the heart-wrenching OST adds to the overall experience. I wholeheartedly recommend this anime.
"Oshi No Ko" is a phenomenal anime, with each episode proving to be fantastic as it drives the narrative forward and develops the characters. The quality is consistently top-notch, ranging from the visually appealing animation to the music, storytelling, and voice acting. It's truly refreshing to witness such dedication and consistency in an anime. I'm astounded to learn that Doga Kobo is responsible for this anime adaptation—they have done an outstanding job, and the voice actors deserve praise too.
I'm delighted to see Aka Akasaka's work receiving the treatment it deserves, as this anime adaptation brings their masterpiece to life. Doga Kobo's production quality for this anime is commendable, encompassing the production process, voice acting, and animation. The entire team deserves high praise for their exceptional work. This anime is incredible, with each episode delivering outstanding storytelling and character growth. The overall quality, including the visuals, music, storytelling, and voice acting, is exceptional. It's truly refreshing to witness such unwavering consistency and commitment in an anime.
Moreover, "Oshi No Ko" goes beyond being a typical idol anime focused on friendship and love. It bravely sheds light on various aspects of the entertainment industry that are often overlooked or seldom discussed. The personal stories of the side characters add depth and realism to the narrative. Some episodes are incredibly realistic, even bordering on unbearable to watch. By highlighting the dark side of fame and success in the entertainment industry, including the toxicity of the idol world and the struggles faced by the characters, "Oshi No Ko" fearlessly exposes important issues that require more discussion. It serves as a reminder that celebrities are human beings too, while also addressing the fanaticism that can manifest in different forms among fans.

They just announced season 2! Let's freaking GOOOOOOO-

I can't wait for season 2. I am so hyped for the next arcs to get adapted.
We ate great this season. Thanks for the meal.
YuyuichiJun 28, 2023 7:54 AM

Jul 2021
SERIOUSLY, there is a lot of love into the idol performance, the flow, the energy, got me at the edge of the seat.  Memcho is especially popular among fans, but we shouldn't overlook Ruby and her charming personality that reminds us of Ai's magic. Then there's Kana, who is incredibly dedicated and talented. This episode does a great job of showcasing different aspects of idol fandom. Some fans are drawn to the idols' charisma, while others admire their hard work. Kana manages to resonate with all these types of fans. 

Personally, I'm inspired by hardworking individuals like Kana. Her determination and constant effort to improve herself are truly admirable, even when facing insecurities. Akane is also present, and it seems like she sees Kana as a rival.. Honestly, I don't pay much attention to the love triangle drama Aka is trying to create, even though it does bother me a little. However, I understand why they both look-up (in a rival sense) each other's talents. This kind of stuff is like driving their motivation to push themselves harder and be the best that they can be, and thus, can lead to both of them improving their skills and talents. Aqua, on the other hand, seems careless, and again, it’s a relief. Overall, the anime adaptation is  great, and I'm really looking forward to the Tokyo Blade rehearsal.. The 2.5 Stage Play arc is definitely just the beginning but something I look forward to the most since it’s one of my favorites. S2 can’t wait any longer. 

Love this shot
CQLLISTJun 28, 2023 7:39 AM
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Aug 2022
Man!!! Masterpiece!!!! No Words can describe this Work other than Masterpiece!!
Aqua-kun 😏😏 He's cheering for them with unique style😂😂 .
Revived B Komachi!!!! The Performance & Song is So Fascinating 😍.
Akane-san VS Kana-San!!!!! 🔥
The Ending

Season 1 finally got over now, I'm feeling a bit sad but now It's time for Season 2 Announcement Yeahhh!!!🔥🔥🔥 Season 2 is in Production already 🔥🔥🔥
Really Love This Anime from the bottom of my heart 💓💗.
#推しの子

One of the Favorite Scenes 😍

Thanks for this ultra masterpiece!!!!

Season 2 Announcement 🔥🔥🔥 Sorry MOD's I can't keep myself from uploading these🔥🔥🔥

Wide Announcement 🔥
Ricky16Jun 28, 2023 7:35 PM
Jun 28, 2023 7:27 AM
Feb 2013
Ending was quite open so I feel bad for anime onlies lmao, they even gave a teaser for the next arc
Jun 28, 2023 7:28 AM

Jul 2017
The revival of B-Komachi with Ruby, Kana and MEM-cho, they're bits and pieces individually, as well as the fans who remember the idol group for Ai Hoshino, this is a new take on the old group. As Kana reels in the audience being there for MEM-cho alone, one particular veteran fan doesn't feel like it's the same group that he remembers...until he saw Ruby's eyes shine like Ai's. For all of Kana's life, she's held back by the remnants of her past since her days as a child actor and wants to be noticeable but failed each and everytime...and once again, Aqua came for her clutch, doing the exact same thing as Ai did before her untimely death. And for a first-time performer, Kana still has a lot more wor to do, and Aqua can't praise much about her if he starts giving her compliments now. Also, it's clear that Kana has an affection for Ruby, but that the work relationship between him and Akane...boggles her mind in the love triangle lols.

Aqua dressed as Pieyon just to get him and Kana talking again, it produced the effect that he wanted out of her, and Kana is all out and about happily pouting on his words. The next job secured for Akane: the mega-hit that is the anime of Tokyo Blade, Magic Flow's Sumiaki Raida is in full control of the 2.5D stage play with the theater company Lala Lai's cooperation, and producer Kaburagi is back on the seat once again to fish for talents. Akane's "date" with Ruby is good and all, but his focus on Kaburagi telling him about Ai's secret tryst with some man that gave her the twins of himself and Ruby, it's a concern that's placed alongside Kana being the support character finding out where they were in real time, so much so that old rivalries restart between the two for their experiences in the industry as child actors.

The long-time grudge between the two girls of Kana and Akane, fiery as ever, thanks to Kaburagi. And Aqua's objective to find the man responsible for Ai's death, is one step closer than ever.

ONE HELL OF A MASTERPIECE ADAPTATION. See you in Season 2!
KANLen09Jun 28, 2023 8:24 AM
Jun 28, 2023 7:29 AM

Feb 2018
The final episode of "Oshi no Ko" it was both a festival and the debut of B-Komachi's new generation: Ruby, Kanna, and Memcho. B-Komachi's music wasn't that impressive; I thought they would perform with better music. However, Kanna's prologue praising Ruby was cool. Ruby truly is the reincarnation of an idol. B-Komachi seemed to have a great success at their debut concert, seeing so many fans gathered. I liked the background light sticks.

Among the many spectators, I liked how Aqua played with the light stick. Ruby also noticed that Onii-chan came to B-Komachi's debut concert. I liked Aqua's response when asked by Kanna.

Sometimes tsundere girls can be troublesome, but they can also be cute. I liked the dance part of Kanna when she formed a heart shape with her hands and targeted Aqua... Ahhh, Kanna has truly fallen in love with Aqua. I was surprised when Memcho realized Kanna's love for Aqua. Memcho is confused about whether to support Akane or Kanna... This is going to be a hard choice for Memcho.

I really love the moments between Kanna and Aqua... Kanna truly became a Cinderella in this final episode. Aqua even wanted to escape just because she was embarrassed.

Talking about Kaburagi-chan, are there other job opportunities for Aqua-kun and Akane-san...? I'm curious about what kind of job it is. After the B-Komachi concert, people involved in the entertainment industry seemed to use high-class restaurants for their secret discussions. I like Akane and Aqua's "rabukome" program, and I like this picture.

Aqua-kun decides to seek revenge on Ai once again, and it ends. There will surely be another season... End~ A thrilling episode, 10/10, the best anime of this year.
Jun 28, 2023 7:29 AM

May 2020
Oh yeah who better than some middle aged idol fanatics or stans to share their genius insights on how-so a bunch of teenage girls should dance or sing. I mean yeah, they the only people who support this cancer industry in rice countries, so I’m not surprised with the enthusiasm of that old man. 

Anyways leaving him aside, the girls are already performing in front of a crowd..   a crowd which has been beyond pumped up. Kana, already under the weather, took a kind of blow when she noticed the stage presence of Ruby and Memcho. I mean Memcho and her already established popularity aside, guess Ruby’s sky high enthusiasm didn’t do much good for her. Can feel her really,  but she needs to move on from her childhood actor days.

Though hey there was this someone who kind of helped her get in the zone again, I’ll get to the act later, but I mean whatever works for her. Atleast Kana finished high and the performance became a success too. Glad for girls.

Now to that, Aqua and glow-stick thing.. that was just plain cringe. Need no fancy words for further insult. Just plain cringe. WATCHING THAT SEGMENT WITH A PIECE OF CLOTH OR A BLANKET RECOMMENDED. I MEAN YOU NEED TO COVER YOUR FACE OVER THAT MINUTE.

Aqua and Kana made up, again good for her. Though not that much for Memcho lol. Anyways they’ve already started building up for the next arc, the theatre one. Though hey Akane and Kana need to take it easy lol. Fun little banter, but I can’t help but say I like the girls but they’re after the wrong person smh. 

Studio did everything it could, but when the problems lie in the source itself you can’t help but think this was an excessive extravagance in the end. Though I know we’ll still get a season 2… because the world is unfair. 
Jun 28, 2023 7:30 AM

Feb 2018
Season 2 Let's gooo

Jun 28, 2023 7:31 AM
Jan 2011
The first episode was fantastic. Akane's appearance in episode 6 was equally wonderful.
But afterwards, it became boring.
For the first episode, the great opening and ending, overall - 7/10.
Jun 28, 2023 7:31 AM

Apr 2021
The finale was STRAIGHT UP AWESOME!!!!

I really liked it when Aqua cheered for Kana. And their performance was great too.

This show was indeed the best this season!!! Loved it!!!

9/10

Jun 28, 2023 7:34 AM

Jan 2018
Incredible adaptation. The staffs really poured their all in this project. Ruby got a great moment and it looked so great. Really great setup for season 2 as well. Tokyo Blade arc is gonna slap. 
Jun 28, 2023 7:35 AM

Nov 2011
It was great seeing Ruby and the idols perform on stage even for the finale. Just a taste of what's to come.

But still, what impressed me most about this finale is the amount of emotions as usual. It's a great showcase of storytelling and sets up for the next season. Hopefully they can nail it down and maintain this level of quality. Akane is a breakout character this season imo glad to see her in the finale as well.

Hopefully we'll get the second season airing next year. Good to see it being announced.
Jun 28, 2023 7:45 AM

Nov 2020
What a great finale for Oshi no Ko ❤

I'll gonna miss this series but glad they announced the S2
What Does Pot of Greed do?
Jun 28, 2023 7:45 AM

Jun 2019
A great performance indeed. I thoroughly enjoyed this show from beginning to end. Even, this episode was excellent. It was great seeing them perform. I can't wait for more to come in the upcoming 2nd Season that just got announced. A really great job by the staff that was involved in making this anime and Doga Kobo. It was beautiful.

Can't wait for what's about to come.
Jun 28, 2023 7:59 AM

Apr 2020
Now I understand the hype behind this one.
I still don't like how the MC is a big simp but that's just a small nitpick.
8/10.
Go watch Gintama boyo/grill
My discord server for gaming and anime/manga: https://discord.com/invite/4mqXfNEJ9A
Jun 28, 2023 8:09 AM
Jan 2021
one of the best projects I've saw in years only 10/10 such a special series
Jun 28, 2023 8:15 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
This is a good show but it never really reached the epic heights of the first episode. I hope that the next season focuses much more on finding out who the killer is than the otaku pandering aspects. My next comment is not going to be popular in the face of almost universal acclaim: I Must confess that seeing grown men go amok like that for teenage girls has always made me cringe. And this episode had that in spades. Like I've said before, this series works best when it looks at the dark underbelly of the idol industry, not celebrating it.
I needed more Akane too. Her character is the only one that interests me out of the new girls. Kana is too meh for my taste
FarabeufJun 28, 2023 8:19 AM
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jun 28, 2023 8:16 AM

Oct 2017
Really liked the animation for their first performance. That scene with Ai to Ruby, made me tear up a bit. Aqua cheering them though, neat.

Kana and Aqua finally made up. Great job from Miyako there. Memcho now knows about Kana's feelings. Her reaction was hilarious, she doesn't know who to support.

The second half was a great way to end the season with build up for the Tokyo Blade arc. Really hyped to see it. Specially with the Akane and Kana rivalry.

Really great season overall, the adaptation was amazing. If I begin to praise them it won't end so I'm just gonna say this was as close to a perfect adaptation as possible. Big thanks to everyone involved for their great work. Looking forward to s2, see ya all again when it airs.
MegamiRemJul 1, 2023 11:25 AM
Jun 28, 2023 8:25 AM

Feb 2021
Can't wait for season 2 now

This season was just amazing.

I really wanna see how the Akane/Kana rivalry will go 
Jun 28, 2023 8:26 AM
Oct 2018
Every seccond in this anime is great, Love Akane <3 LET's Go incest AquaRuby
Jun 28, 2023 8:30 AM

Dec 2012
Can't wait for the next season!

Mar 2019
I need a season 2 there is no way we can't get one

Feb 2019
Raaah. Peak. Zenith. Apogee of animation. Thank you Doga Kobo for providing one of the best adaptations ever for Oshi no Ko. Elevated the source material to new heights and made this series a global phenomenon. The level of care and attention to detail that went into this can not be understated. You can tell how much the team love this story.

So many scenes were improved upon from the manga and made to hit harder with the great direction and voice acting. Particularly, Akane’s mini arc and this finale. I had chills all the way throughout. Consistently emotional and impactful.

Been looking forward to B-Komachi’s performance and Kana’s big moment for months now and I couldn’t be happier. That scene was so well done. I love how Kana’s first reaction was to ask Aqua what he thought about the performance. The only person in the audience who matters to her is him. 😩 so cute.

Battle lines have been drawn between Kana and Akane . Man I can not wait until season 2. This series hasn’t even begun to reach its peak.
Marinate1016Jun 28, 2023 8:35 AM
Jun 28, 2023 8:33 AM
Feb 2022
Like do we need even to talk about this this i act of god masterpice of the show

Oct 2022
seems like they always had a season 2 planned, this episode kinda rolls to a stop after setting a new arc up instead of trying to leave it on something final
fgsfds
May 2021
Loved each ep!! Peak season & damnn defo gonna read the manga!!
Jun 28, 2023 8:34 AM
Sep 2021
Nice wrap up of the season, lots to look forward to in the next season. The stakes are rising higher.
Jun 28, 2023 8:35 AM
Jan 2022
has Kurokawa Akane potential to become a yandere
Jun 28, 2023 8:35 AM

Nov 2016
Yeah, B-Komachi gained some fans.

(And now I that read the respective manga chapter I saw that they cut the part of Mana retiring after seeing their performance. Dang, RIP)

When the characters have such compelling development it's easy to cheer them on. The complexity of their relationship only adds to that. Aqua's adoration for Ai, Ruby's for Gorou when she doesn't know he's Aqua. Now there's Akane adopting Ai's skills, her rivalry with Kana, the line between show business and reality and so much more. Pretty juicy.

But what's with that match up "genius from back then vs current genius" Why does that headline give me Gojo vs Sukuna vibes? Lol

Lastly we have Aqua on the hunt. We have really a lot going on. No wonder this is so appealing.

Aside from being a very entertaining series, I'm delighted that Doga Kobo did at least something BIG About fucking time. Before Oshi no Ko some people were saying it's an unknown studio xD
FMmatronJun 29, 2023 8:43 AM

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 28, 2023 8:36 AM

Nov 2019
I didn't check the episode numbers and was surprised that this was the final Episode, was expecting an episode next week..But in any case, we have Season Two on our hands, so it's fine.

Other than this, it was quite an emotional rollercoaster, right from episode 1. I wasn't expecting such an outcome, having seen literally nothing of the anime other than the PV and the visuals promo. So it was definitely shocking. Quite a change of pace from what you will usually have, and it had some light heart moments, but it was quite interesting to see how the anime approached some of the behind-the-scenes in the industry, not just the idol side, but also the acting, and really the entertainment business really. Obviously, some really messed up stuff, and they managed to convey some aspects of it quite brilliantly.

Of course, all left is to patiently wait for the continuation, and hope for a good ride once again.

9.00/10

Sep 2015
I don't know if I'll watch the next season, female idol is really not my thing, however, it seems like the next season will be about the stage play "Tokyo Blade" which is basically a rip-off of Touken Ranbu, and everyone knows how BL Touken Ranbu is, which make me want to looking forward to. But it seems like Tokyo Blade will focus more on hetero love triangle between one male and two female instead of a bromance between an all-male cast, and the core of Oshi no Ko is hetero, so the hope is low for me.
Jun 2023
HOLY HELL! Best episode by far right alongside the first episode! I was freakin hyped like crazy when Kana was on the stage hoping for someone to cheer her on and then Aqua was going wild with every single one of the girls' penlights!

Perfect episode to end the season and leave the next story line set, having Aqua, Kana and Akane all working on the same play, Kana and Akane's rivalry is going to be amazing to watch, and having Aqua thrown in there as fuel just makes it even better! It was so damn relieving seeing Aqua and Kana also make up and clear things up, and thats the resolve I think everyone was hoping for, Kana being all happy again.

The final minute of the episode was really nice to hearing Ai's voice telling Ruby and Aqua about them following their path of Aqua becoming an actor and Ruby becoming an idol. Aqua's determined to find the guy that put Ai through a lot in the industry. Overall, this episode was perfect in my opinion and CANNOT WAIT FOR THE NEXT SEASON! Oshi No Ko for anime of the year I wouldn't be surprised!
Edit: I'll like to add as well that MEM is a nice side character that I really like. I'm sure she'll get more screen time as the show goes on, maybe gets paired a lot with being close to Ruby.
LosTakeoverJun 28, 2023 11:42 AM
Jun 28, 2023 8:40 AM
May 2016
I don't really get the love. Episode 1 and 6 were great, of course, but everything else was pretty standard, forgettable slice of life idol stuff.

Great animation, yes, but that's about it. And did we really need 5+ episodes to be about Arima's angst? Not bad, but certainly not the best show of the season.

7/10, hope the second season has some more interesting stuff.
Sep 2020
Well here we are at the end of the season. Overall, I am seriously impressed by this adaptation. I loved the manga chapters these covered, but I think this improved upon them. The sound design, the animation quality, and the voice acting all were superb. My only complaint would be the omission of a few crucial scenes from the first 10 chapters.

Anyways onto the episode. The concert was really well done. Well animated with great singing. I would listen to those songs if they are released fully. I wish they focused a bit more on Kana's "I'm gonna be your star" since that is one of my favorite panels from the manga. 

Seeing Akane and Kana's rivalry was great, I love the way their relationship is handled. Setting up the 2.5d play and showcasing how people do trades in the showbiz industry. Ruby mimicking her mother on stage. All of it added up to a great experience. 

I am looking forward to season 2. I predict this will be a very lucrative anime for the studio. The current manga chapters are riveting, so the thought of getting to those keeps me on the edge of my seat. You grow to care about each of these characters and you want the best for them. Meanwhile you also want to see what is happening in the Japanese entertainment industry and how Aqua can leverage it to get at his father. 

Very happy this anime was made. 9/10

Feb 2021
The performaces are sooo good! I listened to these songs sung by Ai a lot since they released and it was sooo cool to see new B-komachi singing them! The animation is on point. And that sequence with Kana! That was just like when Ai sang "Sign wa B" in the first episode!
AQUA! Him doing wotagei with such a straight face was so funny.
Kana learned about the work relationship! Aaahhh so precious!
12:06 "Daisuki" - "(I) really love (you)"
14:05 Wait holy crap is this a thing? If it is then it's so cool. +1 entry into my bucket list of things to do in Japan someday.
"Every week there's excitement around whether he will end up with the heroine or his associate." HMMM
18:21 CHOOSE YOUR FIGHTER
Akane really has many sides to her huh... I like it!
20:33 Crows symbolism again. Gotta look up what they mean...
The full ED! I was wondering when they are going to use it ever since the full version first released on youtube!
I've listened to the full versions of both the OP and the ED countless times and I was very happy to see the OP being very high on various charts. I will remember them for a long time.
This was sooo good. Anime of the season. I was looking forward to this the most every week. The depiction of the entertaiment industry is superb and the characters are fascinating. The production was sublime too!
12/10

Season 2 announced! Expected with all the popularity both in Japan and worldwide but still LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOO
Jun 28, 2023 8:43 AM

Jul 2017
There were a couple of good episodes like most of 1, 6 and 7, and the production was excellent overall. But most of the other episodes weren't that interesting or engaging for me, especially with the last few episodes being a bit boring to watch and hard to care for. The dialogue for a lot of this series did not help either personally. Overall, there were good elements but wasn't that interesting besides a few episodes to stand out for me, especially when there are other series this season that mostly have had good-great episodes. Season 2 is announced and while I don't mind more Oshi no Ko, not exactly excited for me either.
Jun 28, 2023 8:43 AM

Aug 2022
Such a great episode. Their first preformance as an idol group was amazing! The next arc seems really interesting and I can't wait to watch it. I'm so glad that the second season was announced right after this one finished.
Jun 28, 2023 8:44 AM

Jul 2012
Glad to see Ruby got her time to shine.
Jun 28, 2023 8:47 AM
Jan 2022
They just qnnounced season 2! The story was already good, the animation just made it so much better!

Jul 2021
This was a decent show! Looking forward to the second season for the love triangle lol
Apr 2023
That a magic episode gave me a lot of feels happy, sad and make me remember some memories.
Jun 28, 2023 8:48 AM

May 2020
this was an amazing anime
I loved the cast and the story
hopefully, season 2 comes soon
solid 10/10

ps arima kana is best girl
Homura24Jun 28, 2023 9:24 AM

Jun 28, 2023 8:48 AM
Aug 2020
The finale felt a little underwhelming imo. But in general still a really enjoyable show, especially episodes 1 and 6. Hopefully season 2 will deliver more top tier episodes
Jun 28, 2023 8:50 AM

Jun 2014
The new-gen B Komachi killed it with their performance, they looked great up there considering it was their first time. Aqua went hard in the audience LMAO. Meanwhile, Aqua and Akane are gonna reunite for a stage play, with Arima thrown into the mix. Looks like there's some bad blood between the two girls, so that dynamic should be an interesting one. Really good advice that Arima provided btw, about avoiding posting in real time. Plenty of weirdos out there that'll go full FBI to figure out your precise location. And of course, in between all of this idol and acting stuff, we can't forget the overall plot of Aqua trying to find his biological father. 

Easily one of the standout shows of the season. It had one of the most captivating premiere episodes I can think of in recent memory, and I loved how it explored the not-so-glamorous side of the entertainment industry that a lot of people tend to not think about. I'm gonna read the manga for sure to see where the story goes from here, and I'm glad we can rest assured knowing that a 2nd season has already been confirmed and is on the way.  
thebrentinator24Jun 28, 2023 8:55 AM
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jun 28, 2023 8:51 AM

Jan 2013
See Idol Anime? You CAN have a dance sequence without turning the characters to jittery CGI models.
REJECT ANIMU - EMBRACE TOKU
Jun 28, 2023 8:56 AM

Jan 2020
honestly? Best part of this episode was the otagei from Aqua. I mean, there wasn't going to be a massive cliffhanger at this part in the story that they could have left the season off on. However, comparing this episode to the first I still think there is no comparison. This season came in like a lion and looks to end like a lamb.
Jun 28, 2023 8:56 AM

Jan 2018
Oshi no Ko finale was great! The debut of the new B Komachi was amazing. The animation was beautiful. And it seems like the rivalry between Kana and Akane is going to be intense. I'm in the same position as MEM. I have no idea who should I support! >_> Ig I'll root for both of them.

Overall I think this was a solid show. Was it as good as everyone says it is? Probably not. But it doesn’t need to be. I thought the first episode and the Akane episodes were incredible. Those episodes were the best.

I think making the first episode a movie was an excellent decision. Oversized first episodes are nothing new. But the first episode of Oshi no Ko could stand on its own. It’s almost a self-contained story with a beginning, a middle and an end, presented beautifully.

Idk if the series would be so popular if they were just standard episodes. Episode 1 was incredible and it’s awesome that Studio Doga Kobo was able to maintain a similar level of quality for the rest of the series. Good thing they didn’t overshoot by making it more than 1 cour. The quality would decline fast if they did that. Afaik this is their first major hit so congrats to them.

The popularity of this show got me thinking about something else too. When a series has a small fanbase usually those fans are really dedicated. They have more focused opinions on the same things and might consider their series underrated if they don't see it mentioned often around social media.

When a series becomes mainstream it attracts all sorts of people towards it. Including people who wouldn’t like the series and wouldn’t go out of their way to watch it if they never saw it going viral. And when those people see the series they don't like they think everyone else who do like it are wrong or they're just pretending to like it/being pretentious. This is how we get most of the people calling things overrated, when really they're just not the target audience.

This is why I think gatekeeping is not just a good thing but also necessary sometimes. Because nobody wants their fandom to be filled with awful takes.

But I don't think Oshi no Ko needs to be gatekept. It touches on some important topics about the showbiz industry even if it’s in a fictionalized setting and can make people aware of them. So even if I hated this series I'd probably still support it. Shows like this need to be made every once in a while as a reminder.

So hopefully people will focus on the core message of the series instead of things that don't matter much.

I'll miss this series. I'm glad Season 2 is already confirmed. No need to speculate tho I had no doubt this series was gonna get continued eventually. Waiting for it to release soon.
Jun 28, 2023 8:57 AM

May 2018
I believe the first part of the show is one of the best moments I've seen in anime, but I am sure that while the series goes on I will fall in love with this series.

I'm starting to like how the series centers about the entertainment industry, plus the mystery about Ai gives a different vibes for the show.

I love the mix of wholesome moments, and some dark moments. I am excited to see how the stage play would look like.

Jun 28, 2023 8:57 AM

May 2019
What a great anime, my favorite for the year so far! Regarding this episode, I'm glad that Kana finally realized that Akane's and Aqua's relationship is for work only as she's back to her old self, at least around Aqua. Although for Mem-Cho, she doesn't know that Akane's relationship with Aqua is only for work (although I do wonder if that may change down the road considering the facade Akane can pull off imitating Ai....)

I liked how Aqua supported the 3 girls when he did that cringe-inducing dance with the 3 glow sticks for their first performance, that's some commitment. Also, the older guy that was an Ai fan.... he saw Ai in Ruby, funny how he became dumbfounded.

This series as a whole was great and the first episode being almost 1.5 hrs long was the best first episode of any anime that I've seen so far, I came in blind (besides reading the synopsis) and had no idea that it was going to be that long and that Ai, whom I thought was the MC, would die, talk about a shocker.

Beyond the first episode this series did become more of a SoL but I still enjoyed it. Also, Aqua's commitment to finding Ai's murderer is keeping me intrigued. Regarding Ruby, when I found out it was Sarina reincarnated I felt relieved as it was so sad she had died so young, I do wonder if she will ever find out that Aqua was her doctor and if that will complicate their current relationship.

Anyways, the animation was great, the characters introduced and storyline were engrossing, the character designs were topnotch, the OP and ED were fire (I especially liked how towards the end of some of the episodes the ED would start playing just before the episode ended). I really don't have any criticisms other than maybe finding the murderer is taking a while but it's a slow drip of information and I'm enjoying the ride while Aqua hunts him down. I know that there will be a 2nd season and that it's supposed to be even better, all I can say is I'm patiently looking forward to it.

10/10
Jun 28, 2023 8:58 AM

Dec 2022
me too the takyo blade stage play is really making me exited also it feels like the prologue of something much bigger honestly might get too impatient and read the manga
Pages (14) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Usopp8000 - Mar 27, 2023

2680 by Chisuku »»
May 22, 12:57 PM

Poll: » Would you like to marry Ai given the opportunity? (first ep spoilers)

Shizuna - May 6

40 by A_Yaze »»
May 11, 8:38 AM

» Overhyped

Mooogle - May 9

41 by KayKimii »»
May 10, 11:44 AM

Poll: » "Oshi no Ko" Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ricky16 - May 17, 2023

869 by Tsukimariko »»
May 5, 7:13 PM

Poll: » Best girl war oshi no ko

Praveen05 - Jun 14, 2023

4 by aurora_yuuki »»
May 1, 7:36 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.