Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jun 24, 2023 7:29 AM

Nov 2011
Despite how Mu Dan talks and looks, he is one tough bastard. Those regenerative skills are no joke. 

Yuzuhira got fired up for this fight but even she struggled. Sagiri put up an impressive display of skills, managing to even inflict injury on Mu Dan. Hell of an action packed episode and I'm impressed by Sagiri's growth. This was one of her toughest fights.

May 2020
Now as per the norms, when the good side meets the bad side, you expect them to take on those baddies head on. But I just liked how naturally Yuzuriha acted and tried to escape the scene. I mean yes if there is life, then there is tomorrow after all lol. 

Mu Dan being the cheeky, didn’t waste a single second before dropping the bomb.. that there’s no elixir of life here on Shinsenkyo. But hey getting perplexed upon hearing this news won’t do them any good, as the convicts would lose their life anyways later on if what Mu Dan said was true, so atleast it’s better to fight tooth and nail right now, and then worry about the future. And so both Yuzuriha and Sagiri did, with the former using her usual tricks and the latter a bit of Tao unconsciously. 

This was one of the engaging fights in the earlier stages of the series, where not only firepower but strategies and tricks played a big part too. The triple tag team of Yuzuriha, Sagiri and Senta with every trick at their quiver took Mu Dan down. But hey if only it was this easy, we wouldn't be calling Tensens the main villains right? A shocking turn of events for them, and Mu Dan is back, in his flower titan form. 

Shion made an appearance in the end, but for Senta it ain’t looking right at all. He’s almost transformed… too bad when he was the MVP this episode along with the ladies of Jigokuraku.

Jun 2019
Now that Sagiri's party has reached the Horai and they immediately had to face one of the Tensen. So... it was bound to be pretty cool. Yuzuriha was showing off her shinobi skills in this episode and it was so awesome to see her powers. Only if the Tensen were not so OP. But, they were holding their own pretty well against such a powerful opponent.

Their teamwork was doing pretty well for who they were up against. Yuzuriha, Senta and Sagiri did a very good job. We also got some background info on Senta as well which was pretty cool to see. He's a super sweet guy. Only for all if it is to be destroyed in a mere second. Senta sacrificed himself for Yuzuriha and in the end, we had Shion coming in the clutch to save both Yuzuriha and Sagiri. Another week, another cliffhanger ending to the episode.
Jun 24, 2023 7:30 AM

Jul 2017
As Hoko's head get slained by one of the Tensen, Jiujun, the fear of Yuzuriha, Sagiri and Senta is realized.

Jiujun clarifies the real deal of the Paradise Island, and the Elixir of Life? There's no such thing as that, but they're only there as experimental rats, and what's important now is that everyone stays alive somehow, especially against the Tensen, who uses Tao as their power, similar to the Chinese qi. Jiujin's only interest being in Yuzuriha, and Senta provides her cover to stop him at all costs, though beaten down and regenerated again due to their god-like immortality. Sagiri needs some help from Hoko to assist both Senta and Yuzuriha, but even with her amount of Tao, it's not enough to kill Jiujin.

Despite that, Sagiri has mastered a way to deflect Jiujin's Tao to stop him, and that sets the path forward for Senta and Yuzuriha to assist her instead. Jiujin does not leave anything to chance for both Yuzuriha and Sagiri to attack him, which their teamwork did the effect of giving them the win over Jiujin. Indeed, a Tensen can be defeated this easily, but other than the Elixir being non-existent, they have to think of an alternative. Senta's fascination over Yuzuriha exposes the foreign concept that he wanted to be anything else other than a Yamada Asaemon to kill people, and he envies her way of life that hurts him deeply inside.

And a hidden enemy that has Senta struck and turned into flowers, Jiujin comes back with a vengeance for both Yuzuriha and Sagiri to have no way out...and Shion coming in for the save at the striking time.

Survival of the fittest, that's the main point of the Paradise Island now.
KANLen09Jun 24, 2023 9:49 AM
Jun 24, 2023 9:01 AM
Jul 2018
Lmao, finally don't have to see the fat guy again :D
Jun 24, 2023 9:02 AM
May 2021
Good ep, really liked the ost this episode plus Sagiri & Yuzuriha combo this ep!!
Jun 24, 2023 9:03 AM

Mar 2010
A tactiful brawn is never all that amazing but their attention to detail is to be admired. But I can't blame the fat lad falling for the volumpous ninja gal.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jun 24, 2023 9:09 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Fast as a flash huh damm Jiujun is a formidable opponent. The truth of the island sure was a harsh one. The revelation of the elixir sure was devastating. Its nice to see Yuzuriha be able to show her skills though. Not to mention seeing Sagiri take center stage again. The usage of Tao in combat sure is one of many dimensions. That fight though was pretty damm impressive in both complexity and in the teamwork that the three shown. Being prevented from doing something you enjoy because of tradition is just so unfortunate. Given how Free his ward is compared to him i can see why he's so protective of her. Even with Shion and probaly Nuruhai the odds arrayed against them sure is tough ones. But curious to see how this would end next week.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 24, 2023 9:09 AM

Jun 2021
I thought that fatty will overpower everyone 🙂
Haven't found a good anime dialogue to copy yet!!
Jun 24, 2023 9:11 AM
Sep 2021
Jiujun the tensen is now fighting sagiri and her team when all hope is lost shion comes in clutch and now shion together with sagiri and her team will defeat Jiujun together.
Jun 24, 2023 9:16 AM

Feb 2021
I didn't mention this the entire time, but... am I the only one who hears "f*ck people" in the OP at 2:09?

The name "Kiyōshi" is the Japanese translation to the Jiangshi (殭尸 Jiāngshī?), a type of reanimated corpse in Chinese folklore that are typically depicted as a stiff corpse moving around by hoping with its arms outstretched while dressed in official garments from the Qing Dynasty. During the night, the Jiangshi seek out and absorb the qi, or "life force", of living creatures. During the day, the Jiangshi rest in coffins or hide in dark places such as caves. - from the Jigokuraku wiki.
丹田 (tanden) - Dantian, dan t'ian, dan tien or tan t'ien is loosely translated as "elixir field", "sea of qi", or simply "energy center". Dantian are the "qi focus flow centers", important focal points for meditative and exercise techniques such as qigong, martial arts such as t'ai chi ch'uan, and in traditional Chinese medicine. - Wikipedia.
Sagiri called Rokurota "Bizen no daidarabocchi" - the Giant of Bizen. "Daidarabotchi (ダイダラボッチ, 大座法師) was a gigantic yōkai in Japanese mythology, sometimes said to pose as a mountain range when sleeping." - Wikipedia
The author is insanely knowledgeable about traditional japanese and chinese stuff holy crap
May 2021
Fatty has no eyes.
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
FINALLY, a full on Yuzuriha and Sagiri SIMP episode, only took them till episode 12....

they better hope Godzilla appears to fight of Biollante 
Jun 24, 2023 9:17 AM

Feb 2019
Nah this episode was pure flames. Jigokuraku is peak Mappa idc argue with ya mom about it. May not be the prettiest, but it’s the one with the best substance and story.

Noo RIP fat boy. Can’t believe they did my boy senta like that. He was literally just starting to come into his home, accepting his feelings for Yuzuriha and figuring things out. Damn shame.

That shion entrance was fire. Didn’t even let Mu Dan’s OST play fully 😂 wonder if he’s been mastering tao during his little training arc.

One last episode man 😩

Need Yuzuriha badly.
Marinate1016Jun 24, 2023 9:20 AM
Jun 24, 2023 9:25 AM

Jan 2009
little by little they are mastering tao and yep what they learn from their specific trainings are tao too without them realizing it

RIP Senta
Jun 24, 2023 9:26 AM

Oct 2018
I wonder if he fucked Yuzuriha before he died.
If you're a fanboy, please don't waste my time.

Watch more movies, please.

Kafka, Fu Xuan, Jingliu, Topaz and Huohuo.
Jun 24, 2023 9:26 AM
Jan 2023
the tensen emergence theme is dope
Jun 24, 2023 9:30 AM

Oct 2022
Ho.. Yuzuriha can also sense and use Tao. Finally a Tensen is defeated but oh well another one comes out of the blue.

RIP Senta! though
Jun 24, 2023 9:34 AM

May 2015
Senta is no flower boy! NICE!
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jun 24, 2023 9:35 AM

Jun 2014
Jesus Christ, Yuzuriha. Just, Jesus fucking Christ 😩😩😩😩

*Ahem* Anyway, enough horny. I hate that we only have 1 episode left because this arc is where Hell's Paradise really starts to take off. As I've said before, the fights in this series are solved primarily with tactics and teamwork, and we got a taste of that in this episode. We're also starting to learn more, little by little, about Tao and how it works. You've got characters like Yuzuriha who use Tao without even knowing they're using Tao, as her shinobi techniques are essentially applications of it. Sagiri is kind of getting the hang of it too, so once they start figuring it out they'll be able to better handle the Tensen.

Of course beating a Tensen wouldn't be this easy, and now they have to face off against Mu Dan's Kishikai form while still exhausted. Thankfully MY GOAT, Shion, made a flashy and timely entrance to provide extra help. Meanwhile, it's Jigover for Senta. He's been almost completely turned, plus we saw more characterization for him which is always a big death flag. His backstory was sad, but how he came to admire his assigned criminal was touching. It's too bad this is looking like the end for him.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jun 24, 2023 9:36 AM

Apr 2020
This anime became so good after episode 9, giving us only 13 episodes at this point is such a crime.
Imagine how boring this world would be without Japan - a comment at youtube
Jun 24, 2023 9:37 AM

Jul 2017
I'm in pain. Why does every character that i like dies? Anyways banger cliffhanger.
Jun 24, 2023 10:04 AM

Mar 2020
Probably the most invested I've been so far, mostly because the production was better this time around, and the fights were somewhat creative. Senta sacrificing himself there was a bit of a letdown, especially if that's his death. Very much expected though. More fights to come in the finale most likely.
Jun 24, 2023 10:08 AM
Oct 2022
awesome anime awesome opening and ending theme
Jun 24, 2023 10:22 AM
May 2021
NOOOO HE'S DED 😭anyway...
Jun 24, 2023 10:29 AM

Oct 2017
We finally got to see Yuzuriha's ninjutsu, that was neat. She continues to stay amusing, love her. Sagirin's attacks are lethal for the tensen but it was still not enough to kill him and now Senta's done for, damn.
MegamiRemJul 2, 2023 4:05 AM
Jun 24, 2023 10:32 AM

Dec 2022
sad that the fat dude died but now the practically master of tao shion is here he just needs to know how to kill them and he can master it right away
Jun 24, 2023 10:33 AM
Mar 2023
<b>Subarashi</b>
Jun 24, 2023 10:35 AM

Apr 2016
This show is a train wreck I can’t look away from. Every single villain starts explaining the power system every chance they get and our crew takes little to no time to master tao. Sagiri can increase her tao by taking a deep breath? Sure why not.
Also the fat guy lol. Bro is an asaemon and decides to block the attack with his body instead of using his goddamn sword. I just couldn’t take the death seriously lol.
But I still have to admit it’s entertaining as hell
Jun 24, 2023 10:56 AM

Mar 2016
So sad he had to go, we will miss... What was his name again?
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Jun 24, 2023 11:05 AM
Dec 2022
The best part was that senta-dono was not into her with a lust felling it was pure love and admiration
Jun 24, 2023 11:17 AM
May 2022
Badass episode but RIP my man Senta... Shion arriving was an amazing cliffhanger! 1 more episode left! 
Jun 24, 2023 11:18 AM

May 2020
why would they defeat the tensen and just stay there
why not run away

well the next ep is the last one
hopefully we get a season 2 announcement

Jun 24, 2023 11:20 AM
Dec 2021
I was kinda waiting for a hand but the flower wasn't disappointing
Jun 24, 2023 11:27 AM

Jul 2022
glad to see Yuzuriha showing some team spirit.
Senta was a good character, so sorry to see him go!!!
a wonderful episode.
I was ashamed of myself when I realized life was a costume party, and I attended with my real face. - franz kafka

Jun 24, 2023 11:28 AM

Mar 2023
Poor guy, just when we were getting to know him too!
Jun 24, 2023 11:43 AM
Oct 2020
RIP Senta I was just wondering if he'll survive too but thanks for saving Yuzuriha.
Jun 24, 2023 11:58 AM

Jan 2019
Best episode of the show so far I think, and that cliffhanger! I think it's earned a bump up from 8 to 9/10 from me.

Jun 24, 2023 12:11 PM

Jun 2015
Sweet baby jesus, blind slashed neck guy turned up. i hope he bring his new senpai. At this point, shit is hitting the fan and people keep throwing shit at it! Love it!!!!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Jun 24, 2023 12:29 PM
Oct 2021
This was an amazing episode.
Jun 24, 2023 12:32 PM

May 2022
As soon as Senta had the flashback I knew he was dead soon. Shounen just overuse the flashback too much, making scenes very predictable and less interesting to me.
Jun 24, 2023 12:49 PM
Oct 2021
can’t believe we’ve only got a week left of this awesomeness… but seriously tho i dunno how i will cope without this every saturday :(
Jun 24, 2023 12:52 PM
Jun 2021
they finally defeated a Tensen and we kinda know their weakness, fatso is dead tho
Jun 24, 2023 1:04 PM
Dec 2021
love yuzuriha, hot and adorable.
Jun 24, 2023 1:11 PM

Aug 2022
Not Senta too 😭 But I'm glad that Shion came to help them.
Jun 24, 2023 1:16 PM
Aug 2020
Big banger

Great episode, the animation is really good, it’s hard to not appreciate the characters…
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Jun 24, 2023 1:21 PM

Dec 2018
Finally get to see Yuzuriha and Senta fight.... And it's the last and only fight we get to see Senta... Always going to show the person past and giving them a great sacrifice moment.

Senta 'love' Yuzuriha because of her carefree personality ~ while lots of guy love Yuzuriha because of her look and sexy kunoichi cloth.

They taking lightly of the regenerate being and freely rest there not having any doubt feeling if that thing is actually dead for real... Oh well, guess it will be dead after the monster form defeat. It's Shion guy time to show his full power.

Jun 24, 2023 1:25 PM

Dec 2018
Embient said:
I didn't mention this the entire time, but... am I the only one who hears "f*ck people" in the OP at 2:09?

I heard them too on the first episode... then I tried to find the song lyrics... And it's actually 'favourite people'. Well... It just Japanese singlish.

Jun 24, 2023 2:05 PM
Feb 2021
Am I the only one who heard "Bury the Light" in his head when shion came in, in the end and showed his vergil status. stay motivated guys
Jun 24, 2023 2:11 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
We're finally nearing the end of this season and it seems we'll be ending on some sort of cliffhanger since there's so much still to cover.

Ultimate otaku self insert with Senta (only found out his name this episode) sacrificing his life for the hot girl who he's totally into, not because of her stunning, traffic stopping looks, but because of her "free spirit" as he calls it. Yeah right.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jigokuraku Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 17, 2023

185 by Tsinelas »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Jigokuraku Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 3, 2023

202 by Tsinelas »»
Jun 13, 7:02 AM

Poll: » Jigokuraku Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 22, 2023

243 by Lennygc »»
Jun 10, 9:21 AM

Poll: » Jigokuraku Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 1, 2023

325 by xZabuzax »»
Jun 10, 2:06 AM

Poll: » Jigokuraku Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 20, 2023

335 by xZabuzax »»
Jun 9, 6:39 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.