Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jun 10, 2023 7:29 AM

Nov 2011
With what Mei is capable of, no wonder Gabimaru is curious about her. 

It was a dramatic episode but man, Choubei got way too hotheaded in his fight. He just charged in without a decent plan and of course, got beaten to a pulp to the floor. Yikes. However, I believe this episode did a fair job at some info dump and gave more insight to Mei as well.
Jun 10, 2023 7:29 AM

May 2020
Out of the frying pan into the fire… I mean not that long ago Gabimaru was battling against Zhu Jin, one of the Tensen, barely escaped and that too not on his own but Mei helped him, and the moment he opened his eyes again, another giant was waiting for him… second best man Gantetsusai. 

That man is a battle freak, so it goes without saying he was looking for a chance to go against Gabimaru as well, but hey Gabimaru simply threw in the towel. Even he knew in his current circumstances he stands no chance to Gantetsusai, so yeah smart choice I’d say. Rather they decided to cooperate, all four… Gabimaru, Gantetsusai, Fuchi and now a grown-up and speaking Mei ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Though they kind of explored the subject of Tao, the detailed explanations have to wait. For now it’s the power that resides under everyone, and people can feel and sense it, even unintentionally, Shion I mean. Anyways it’s kind of like Nen.

Aza brothers just came out of the big hole, and they are already on the killing spree.. you just can’t rest in this series.
Jun 10, 2023 7:30 AM

Jun 2019
Little Mei grew up and she finally spoke up. She's so adorable. It surprised Gabimaru as expected but Gabimaru's 'thank you' was very sweet. On the other hand, we have more screen time for Nurugai and Shion. It's nice to see Nurugai getting a little bit of action as well.

More world-building in this episode and as expected it was another dialogue-heavy episode with bits of sword slashing here and there. The concept of Tao got introduced which is a very interesting power system imo.
Jun 10, 2023 8:36 AM
Feb 2022
this show Still is fucking bomb
Jun 10, 2023 8:54 AM
May 2021
Always loved how Tao is so unique in Hell’s Paradise. V interesting!
Jun 10, 2023 9:09 AM
Sep 2015
This episode reminds me of YouTube channel that trying to explain one concept (like Gravity) in five different level of difficulties ranging from elementary school to Ph.D.
Jun 10, 2023 9:11 AM
Jul 2018
Pretty good episode tho that fat glasses guy still kinda annoying. I was delighted to see Fake Denji survive that ordeal but I feel like he's going to die anyway lol
Jun 10, 2023 9:11 AM

Dec 2020
Gabimaru has to see that these two are very strong so he would like to team up with them.
Very nice episode also the system with this Tao i want to see gabimaru uses tao.
Mei is also older now.
P O S I T I V E V I B E Sシ

Jun 10, 2023 9:14 AM
Sep 2021
A lot of answers regarding the mystery of the island was obtained and looks like more will be answered soon.The fight against the tensen's are just beginning.
Jun 10, 2023 9:18 AM

Feb 2021
竈神 (soushin/kamadogami) - tutelary deities of the hearth
道士 (doushi) - Taoist, a priest in Taoism
There is so damn much archaic and religious japanese vocabulary in this
I heard that even japanese people need to look up many words when watching this lol

8:28 Moro Makiya. He is also one of the criminals on death row btw. But he was killed in one of the earlier episodes by Yuzuriha lol.
Jun 10, 2023 9:20 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
If anything Gabi's just as sharp when he's injured. Given his injuries Gabi was wise to back down and stick to providing intel. Mai's sudden growth spurt sure was curious. A praise turned arrow courtesy of Sagiri. The theory that Senta thought off only served to make this island a much more difficult thing to beat. Being able to be calm and rational in both combat and peace is a key thing. Quite the lesson that Nurugai ended up getting. But its nice that we get to finally see what the command level operatives of the island look like. Overall an excellent ep that featured a nice balance of action and worldbuilding that also did a great job of guilding the survivors towards the central part of the island. Its nice to see Mai finally gain a voice.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 10, 2023 9:24 AM
Dec 2021
How are they gonna with my dude got his a** beat, it's so unnecessary 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️
Jun 10, 2023 9:41 AM

Dec 2022
its quite astonishing that how they can simultaneously run four separate stories but still make it interesting and fun as hell
Jun 10, 2023 9:43 AM

Oct 2017
Mei grew up wow, she's adorable. Looks like the reason Gabimaru is so strong is cause he's been using Tao. The info dump was nice this episode.
Jun 10, 2023 9:52 AM
Sep 2021
very good as usual, getting more interesting with each new episode.
Jun 10, 2023 9:55 AM
Mar 2023
I'd smash yuzuriha ngl
Jun 10, 2023 9:57 AM

Feb 2019
Pretty big info dump today but still a great episode as usual. Continues to get more and more interesting

Mei’s glow up was unexpected, but a welcome surprise lol. I wonder what the deal with her being separate from the other tensen is

So Tao is basically what everyone is going to have to master in order to beat the tensen. Everyone who’s still alive has a predisposition to it or has used it in Gabimaru’s case. I can’t wait to see a tensen get killed by a human using their own power against them. They’re so cocky.

After they survived the pit there’s no way Toma’s really dead. I’m sure he’ll have used tao somehow to survive the fight against the doushi.

A lot of cool ancient East Asian philosophy and ideas used in this franchise and it’s cool learning about them!
Marinate1016Jun 10, 2023 10:02 AM
Jun 10, 2023 10:00 AM

Aug 2022
Some of the mysteries are finally being explained!
Jun 10, 2023 10:02 AM
Mar 2023
Explanation of Tao finally
Jun 10, 2023 10:09 AM
Jun 2022
1u2i99 said:
I'd smash yuzuriha ngl

Literally everyone would at this point
Jun 10, 2023 10:14 AM
Apr 2023
sometimes make hentai sometimes make absolute Banger
Jun 10, 2023 10:40 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
theres so much jumping around between groups that its hard to know where shits going

i mean that does make it more interesting in its own way, but damn, i want more Yuziriha, Sagiri and Gabimaru focus
Jan 2023
hope gabi masters tao quickly

May 2019
Got some great info dump on Tao and also on a potential weakness on the Tensen. Cutie Mei has grown up a bit and she can now talk! I wonder if her using excess energy or Tao when saving Gabimaru caused her growth spurt, maybe that will be explained later on.

Meanwhile the brothers that escaped the pit had an encounter with a doushi that I believe was explained that they serve the Tensen. I doubt Choubei is dead given his amazing ability to survive up to this point plus his brother will most likely step in.

Almost forgot we also had scenes with Nurugai and Shion, and also Sagiri with the other 2 characters. That's 4 different groups roaming the island and hopefully they combine, or at least Gabimaru's and Sagiri's groups (I hope that Nurugai can just escape the island while alive, she's the most innocent).
Jun 10, 2023 10:43 AM

Jun 2014
Finally we get an explanation about Tao, definitely one of the better shounen power systems in recent memory. I personally think the logic surrounding it that we learned about and will continue to learn about cuts down the number of "asspulls" in the fights. Most of the ways these fights are resolved can be logically explained by understanding how this power system works, instead of simplifying it down to "OP main character power boost." We even see the basic principle of it through Shion, who is using the power unknowingly.

A much slower and more exposition-heavy episode, as we continue to learn about the mystery of the island and how Tao works. The Aza brothers literally got themselves out of a hole only to immediately be confronted by another enemy. Things aren't looking good but we know how resilient Chobe is, so it should be expected for him to get back on his feet.
thebrentinator24Jun 10, 2023 10:48 AM
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

MAL is literally just anime Twitter as its own website lol.

Jun 10, 2023 10:52 AM

Mar 2010
I like how they allowed everyone to have a piece of information about toa. it seems like they will all eventually just master it.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jun 10, 2023 11:34 AM
Oct 2021
Azriel-chan said:
this show Still is fucking bomb

yep agreed it never fails to amaze me
Jun 10, 2023 11:42 AM
Dec 2019
They all going to need to learn tao if they want to stand a chance the Tensen.
Jun 10, 2023 11:51 AM

Jun 2015
Its kicking off, and i can sniff it on the squeepig winds, there is a storm coming!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Jun 10, 2023 11:54 AM

Jun 2015

I dont know how you made it into my new curated thread. But just no. No one cares about hunter x hunter. It was shit, stop polluting good shows with nonsense talk.
cyruzJun 10, 2023 2:15 PM
Jun 10, 2023 11:56 AM

Jun 2015
tobi_senpai_ said:
sometimes make hentai sometimes make absolute Banger

You can also f'off as well, this post is irrelevant.
Jun 10, 2023 12:00 PM

May 2015
No tao, no fun :((((
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jun 10, 2023 12:04 PM
Aug 2020
great episode, impossible to no enjoy every seconds.

my guy chobe don't joke...
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Jun 10, 2023 12:43 PM
Jun 2021
more info that my brain can't handle
Jun 10, 2023 12:43 PM

Jan 2009
there it is tao is the energy of all things aka the duality of yin and yang and the middle way is the best way to become strong, thats why sagiri was able to become strong because she knows the middle way

the tensens weak spot is their navel

ye becoming a legend is immortality too aka symbolic immortality

and sex between tensen is common eh
Jun 10, 2023 1:08 PM

Dec 2018
A normal episode with full of new information. Chobe actually guess them correct right? Zhu Jin does split some blood after Gabimaru kick/punch her navel before.
The pink hair tensen is always horny... Now she's doing them with another tensen.

Jun 10, 2023 1:23 PM
Oct 2016
Gabimaru going from one badass team up to another. Falling off that cliff with Meisei once she saved him to end last episode. Washing ashore to find Gantetsusai and Fuchi with the former immediately wanting to fight of course. Gabimaru having to change his strategy by asking for their cooperation instead of a fight. He's too badly exhausted from fighting that Tensen. The three of them make a formidable team already, once they Iink back up with Sagiri, Yuzuriha and Senta they will have an unstoppable team. Mei seems to have grown somehow using that ability of hers, I wonder if using it forces her life energy to change. I liked how this episode went full explanation on the source of beating the Tensen. A power called Tao, very unique way of explaining that having three different characters give unique summaries. Mei with her back speech of strong and weak, Shion saying how he sees everyone's waves, and Hoku about the philosophy of it. Drawing on that power can defeat the Tensen. The underling we see the brothers fight at the end of the episode even mentioned that attacks without Tao can be regenerated instantly. Gabimaru drew upon Tao in that last fight without knowing what it was. Everyone on the island now has to learn how to use Tao if they want to live, Shion did say it's not something that can be done but they must figure out a way.
Jun 10, 2023 1:56 PM

Dec 2021
The whole explanation about tao was pretty boring, I got the gist of it immediately but it just kept going. I would have preferred if it stayed more mysterious instead of this rather cliche shonen power system but I suppose the main characters need a way of learning it. That kinda sums up my feelings on the show as a whole, once the mystery is gone it's a much more standard shonen - a good one - but a pretty standard one. Still an alright episode though, the action is great as always.
Jun 10, 2023 2:17 PM

Jan 2011
ill give some credit, this show does have a couple of cool characters
Jun 10, 2023 3:20 PM
Dec 2021
great episode. 
Jun 10, 2023 4:01 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
The whole explanation of Tao as a power system of the mysterious island was really interesting as Taoism is a set of Chinese traditions and religions which emphasizes harmony with the Tao. The Tao is generally defined as the source of everything. 
Jun 10, 2023 4:21 PM

Feb 2012
I really like Gantetsusai's view on what it means to be truly immortal. Rather than be immortal himself, he'll achieve something so great that "My name will be spoken endlessly across generations, and I'll become a legend". He's a great character and I'm looking forward to seeing more of him.

Jun 10, 2023 4:32 PM

May 2018
So now we have the middle ranked 'people', quite fun to see
Jun 10, 2023 5:11 PM
Oct 2015
I remember Gabimaru and Ganteetsusai encounter being much more tense in the manga, the giant panels showing them slashing each other before revealing its just them assessing each other really sells it. Here you know from the very start and it carries zero impact.
Jun 10, 2023 6:10 PM

Jul 2013
Considering Gabimaru's poor condition and the fact that he would have an incredibly small chance of getting the elixir on his own, it was definitely the best decision to share his information and experiences about the island with Gantestusai and Fuchi. This again represents a wonderful example of the great development within Gabimaru's character.

Gantestusai's approach to "becoming immortal" is formidable, even if he lives purely for combat.

I wonder what happened to Mei that she increased in size so enormously. Not to mention that she is now able to speak as well.

Senta is absolutely right with his statements. All of these religions found on the island originate from specific eras and are preceded by a human religious perspective. So I would also assume that both the elixir and an escape route can be found.

We got quite an info dump explaining what Tao represents, which matches the name of the episode "Yin and Yang". Basically, that would mean that everyone is able to master Tao. Gabimaru's kick from the last episode suggests he probably used it unconsciously, but is definitely capable of it. The same applies to Shion, who, due to his blindness, can perceive unique waves of friends and enemies around him.

With the appearance of the Doshi, who seem to serve directly under the Tensen, a new problem is faced as they also appear to be incredibly strong. Especially the injured Chobei had to make this experience first hand. However, as resilient as he is, we can assume he'll bounce back.

I imagine if all of our survivors would find a way to come together, it should make for quite an interesting spectacle. I'm definitely excited to see how the last 3 episodes will wrap things up.

Jun 10, 2023 6:14 PM

Nov 2012
I wonder if the blonde haired brother will regen since he ate the flesh of one of the monsters.  

I am really rooting for the blind guy and the girl.  I don't think they're as far in on the island as everyone else.  I'd be heading back to the boat personally.
Jun 10, 2023 6:41 PM
Jul 2020
it was okay, not much happenned.
Jun 10, 2023 6:51 PM

Apr 2022
so we finally get introduced to the power system, which is your haki/ryou and chakra equivalent.

choubei has made it out of the pit with touma on his back, what a g.

mei has grown and gabimaru has called a truce with the other asaemon and his inmate.

this episode actually has some well-animated scenes, been a while since i've said that about this show.
Jun 10, 2023 6:55 PM
Aug 2020
good so good, mappa is giving us good anime's.
Jun 10, 2023 7:20 PM

Dec 2018
i am so enraptured by this show, and i want everyone left to live. im deeply saddened by the loss of the love interest for the wild girl, but i feel like we are about to see some crazy power ups. i mean i was super rooting for that ship but i guess it sank in the saddest way. it was so heroic though, and honestly i like shows that suddenly crush my dreams because that is simply good storytelling not everything has to be a disney movie.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Why are the animations so bad? ( 1 2 3 )

ScrewFiction - Aug 27, 2023

119 by OvergrownRover »»
Sep 11, 12:03 AM

Poll: » Jigokuraku Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 22, 2023

243 by jilebi_james23 »»
Sep 9, 7:23 AM

Poll: » Jigokuraku Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 15, 2023

313 by jilebi_james23 »»
Sep 7, 3:44 PM

Poll: » Jigokuraku Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 8, 2023

361 by jilebi_james23 »»
Sep 7, 2:46 PM

Poll: » Jigokuraku Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 1, 2023

556 by jilebi_james23 »»
Sep 7, 2:16 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.