Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 24, 2021 5:28 AM

Jul 2017
This finale will prove if Selection Project can TRULY wipe off Idoly Pride's ghostly shadow between Suzune and Rena's older deceased sister Akari.

Spoiler alert: IT DID NOT.

Also, RIP to Sayaka Kanda, her most recent and very last VA role being Idoly Pride's Mana Nagase.

Continuing the fight to stay alive as everyone Cheers her on, Suzune tries to find a reason for that through her comatose dream with Akari...and with some pep talk full of Cheers, a dream and a life, Suzune woke up just like that. HUH NANI??? Plot armour! I'd understand if this was all for good notion, but this was just way too similar that they're playing with our emotions again, thinking that they can Truck-kun the critics among us.

Another million more Cheers to go to hit the 2 mil objective, and SuzuRena just made it on time to conduct their stage act to fulfill close to a quarter of the objective target left, which isn't enough for them to have a break-out just yet. And so it is, all 9 girls went back to their homes in various regions to spend time with loved ones for a moment of rest, and in preparing for 9-tie's debut, the rest now all know that Dorm Mother Sunny is the CEO in charge, and also Jun in his professional form as the newly formed group's manager.

The audacity to have a 3DCG dance of the OP song to finally reach their goal, yeah I'll give it that for a fitting finale song. But my head is just scratching in disbelief that as "perfect" as this ending can be, how the hell did it manage to pass the quality check as a whole?

Er WOW, I'm so dumbfounded to say that Selection Project...is just a blatant rip-off of Idoly Pride, not like we've "known" from the very beginning. The utter disrespect to the creators of Idoly Pride.
KANLen09Dec 24, 2021 6:55 AM
Dec 24, 2021 5:37 AM

Feb 2020
A happy ending. Yay! :3 Yeah, it was predictable, but oh well. Suzune's sudden recovery was a little amusing.

I really liked the last performance. The CGI looked gorgeous.

Overall, a very nice show, but not one of the best idol anime.

8/10

SerafosDec 24, 2021 7:27 AM
Dec 24, 2021 6:22 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Suzune is of course not dead and instantly healthy so she's able to come back and performs with Rena... well now all the 9-tie members could perform their final song together (the show's opening lol) the representation wasn't too bad I guess and they got 2 000 000+ votes so they won... very predictable but safe ending.

I just saw it as an alternate Idoly Pride but less good to be honest, nothing impressive or original at all, still fine to watch overall. 5/10
Dec 24, 2021 6:29 AM

Apr 2020
That "take care of us from now on" in the ending, are they going to make the sequel? Really hope they will do that. I liked all the song and characters, but I saw the story better in some other show. 9/10 like the usual.

P.S. It's funny that Suzune just woke up like that and directly continue to perform. Some logic to create plot armor.
Dec 24, 2021 6:32 AM

Apr 2014
It was a nice conclusion. Selection Project had ended whereas the 9-tie started. 9-tie was officially debuted, it will be the new chapter for all of them. Good luck everyone!

Rakabat said:

P.S. It's funny that Suzune just woke up like that and directly continue to perform. Some logic to create plot armor.

I also found that funny as well. She was in a coma before, then wake up and acted like nothing happen before.
何それ?意味分かんない
Dec 24, 2021 6:42 AM

Dec 2010
Show looked beautiful from start to finish, something that can't be said for all television titles. Even the dances, both 2d and 3d, were all very high quality. Some of the plot points were unnecessary but I still liked this anime more than most other idol shows. 8/10 from me.
Dec 24, 2021 6:54 AM

Jul 2017
Rakabat said:
I called this out while watching the RAWs, and indeed it went that way. I was so dumbfounded.
Dec 24, 2021 7:12 AM
Apr 2018
I really like CGI in this anime, usually idol anime is very bad, like 22/7 or bangdream, I really like this anime's CGI
Dec 24, 2021 7:30 AM
May 2020
10/10 but can't be better than Idoly Pride since they almost copied Idoly Pride
Dec 24, 2021 7:33 AM

Jul 2017
I didn't like Idoly Pride at all and didn't like this either, but SP was a ripoff in so many ways without having much to stand out on its own so if I give Idoly Pride a 3, this has to be a 2 at least just for that. It's fine to take inspiration from other shows but there's a fine line being borrowing inspiration and being a carbon copy with minimal changes in storytelling.
Dec 24, 2021 7:38 AM

Jun 2021
I loved this episode so muuuuuuuch!!!

Do u think maybe we will get a Season 2? I would love to see more 9-Tie as a group

I will miss my girls so much
Dec 24, 2021 7:57 AM
Jan 2021
I don't know, the evolution of Idoly Pride "that the universe destined," is more than this competition. Once again, Rest in Peace our lovely Kanda Sayaka-san, VA of Nagase Mana, legend of Idoly Pride.

But, also, I can think that Selection Project is really good for introducting 9-ties (Kyuu-ties), so yeah, just give 9-ties to us, Idoly Pride fans (After all, the 3 voice actors there are also from Sony, Sony Music Artists, just like us, Idoly Pride, at MusicRay'n).
Dec 24, 2021 8:14 AM

May 2020
Fuck medical science!!!
Couldn't do anything for Suzune even after all these years which her meeting with that idol of her, Akari did in an instant.

A big F for all those doctors working their asses off.

And damn they managed to get past that 2 million mark, was kinda unexpected. But hey given that too many unexpected and unpredictable things happening throughout the series, i shouldn't be that much surprised here. Also i don't watch idol anime at all, so will try my best to give this genre my utmost attention from here on out.
Dec 24, 2021 8:20 AM

Jul 2017
animejas said:
I didn't like Idoly Pride at all and didn't like this either, but SP was a ripoff in so many ways without having much to stand out on its own so if I give Idoly Pride a 3, this has to be a 2 at least just for that. It's fine to take inspiration from other shows but there's a fine line being borrowing inspiration and being a carbon copy with minimal changes in storytelling.
Yeah I concur as well. It's OK to hate a genre of shows, but it's definitely NOT OK to just borrow material and make it your own.
Dec 24, 2021 8:48 AM

Jan 2014
Personally enjoyed Idoly Pride more than this. Like I liked the story and such, but with how it was presented like that. Yeah, I can really see how people would find it a bit BS like that. The power of anime logic lmao.
Dec 24, 2021 8:51 AM
Jun 2020
When you copy someone else's homework but still end up with a worse grade.

It is hard to talk about this show without mentioning Idoly Pride but I am going to try my best. Overall the story was predictable and fill with conveniences. I didn't care for the two leads at all. The side cast were more interesting, but they were often reduced to being characterized by their one gag. They do shine better during their group arcs and get better towards the end. Nine characters to keep track of is still too much. The OST is largely one song played over and over again. The emotional moments are often pretty cheap, but despite this they still land pretty well. I found the music and performances to be pretty good though which is the most important component of an Idol anime. However, is it too much to ask for good characters and story as well?
Dec 24, 2021 9:49 AM

Jul 2017
GIRL YOU WERE JUST HOSPITALIZED FOR A HEART PROBLEM YOU SHOULD BE GETTING SOME FUKIN REST NOT DANCING ON THE FUKIN STAGE. WHAT WOULD HAVE BEEN THE POINT IF YOU WERE TO COLLAPSE AGAIN NOT EVEN AKARI WOULD COME BACK TO SAVE YOUR ASS. like bruh I know it's just an idol series and whatnot but geeez, makes the whole heart problem plot so redundant if she literally wakes up and is rearing to go loooooooooooooool. oh well at least the song was good though

anywho overall I came in expecting an idolish7 but ended up getting something that could even rival 22/7. Mainly because of the characters ngl, apart from the 2 main girls everyone else were either twats or cringy as fuk lmao. Especially Nagisa or whatever nickname she had, she was full on Harry Potter and the Audacity of this Bitch at times. At least best girl Rival-chan --> Friends-chan (who said character development doesn't exist amirite) was there to at least mitigate some of it.

And let's not even get started on how utterly asinine the practices of this idol company are lol. From sexualizing 13yr olds to literally disqualifying everyone just because they wouldn't kick somebody out yet in the end they all live happily ever after and circle jerk over akari dying for our sins or some shit omegalul

Idoly Pr.....Shitty Project/10
Dec 24, 2021 9:58 AM

Jul 2011
What disappointed me over the ending, was them cutting "Naked Blue" which I like, even if the OP 3DCGI was good.
Dec 24, 2021 10:04 AM

Aug 2020
おつかれさまでした! otsukaresama deshita!

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
Dec 24, 2021 10:28 AM

May 2021
Final episode! Suzune meets Akari Amasawa in her dreams who tells her the meaning of singing blablablablablah. And guess what! Plot armour made her wake up and get to the stage JUST IN TIME FOR THE PERFORMANCE! Honestly, I knew it would happen, but it was such a coincidental and perfectly timed thing to happen. Also, where on earth did 450000 Yells come from so quick lol when SuzuRena performed?
We got the OP song for the finale live performance in which they passed 2 million yells. CGI was pretty good here.

It was an ok watch but I didn't like the amount of sheer luck/plot armour was used...
AISHITERU...REM!
Dec 24, 2021 10:41 AM

Feb 2020
LMAO... they had one final chance to make some decent backstory for Akari, only to have her be with Suzune to reconfirm her dream to sing... wowwwwwww. For a 'well-known' singer, we for sure know close to nothing about what she did to get that far. It's also a shame we never got to see any rivals she may have had, like TRINITYAiLE and LizNoir in Aipura... 3rd parties could've added TONS of more impact to her character.

Music composer and scriptwriter had no more ideas (did they have any in the first place?), and so they decided to reuse old songs... yay. As expected, Glorious Days is the last song they sing to make that 2M Yells.

So... what happens with her heart? Are. you. actually. insane. that a mere dream just randomly heals the heart like that? seems like power of friendship and a 4 minute dream heals everything. I know i never wanted any more of this drama and I wouldn't have cared, but I can't help but laugh at such an example of lazy writing. yet another thing Aipura had done miles better.

yeah. this wasn't good at all. I had hopes for the first 4 or 5 episodes, but when they kept bringing up the heart transplant idea + constant 1-episode-only drama + 9-tie formation which didn't actually matter in the end (they could've literally formed 9-tie when they got 2M Yells), I just kept getting sicker and sicker of it all. Not much impact from the other 7 members at all thanks to the immense amount of focus on SuzuRena. Like, were we supposed to care about them all because of 1 episode development?? At least Aipura managed to make everyone interesting over time, especially since basically all of them were mere amateurs in the idol world... it gave a sense of progression that this anime never had.

at least, the songs were okay and the animation was really really good. but everything else... eh......
Dec 24, 2021 10:44 AM

Mar 2016
I personally really enjoyed the show despite the issues it did have, which says a lot since I'm not really fond of most seasonals nowadays. While I can get the criticism for this essentially taking almost exactly the same premise as Idoly Pride and why some of my mutuals like @KANLEN09 and @animejas had major problems with it, I personally feel like that criticism is a bit too blunt, though it depends on how one feels about original ideas versus derivatives/copies nowadays.

For me the characters in SP resonated with me more than anything Idoly Pride attempted to do, even though I actually binged the latter AFTER it aired, which would've logically brought a more positive impression otherwise.

I think the title "Selection Project" didn't actually pertain to an actual competition of sorts, but the choice made by the individual cast members whether or not to continue sticking together the way they are. I wish there was more background context and history about the actual Selection Project program as well as more extended character pieces with Suzune and Rena, which would've helped back up the decisions made down the stretch story-wise, since the plot is where I can agree is definitely the weakest point in the series.

To put it nicely, I thought Idoly Pride had a better sense of a story at least for a certain extent of time (until you put the whole annoying-as-hell "haunting ghost" bit with the producer and a late former idol he had a relationship with). With Selection Project, I thought it did better with more of dedicated time towards the ensemble cast, especially with the two main leads. Could it do without the "heart transplant" stuff? Sure, it possibly can, but that's kinda what connected them initially to begin with.

Ultimately, I think it depends on one's individual preferences and standards with this sort of content, though. In the end, this is just my honest personal take. This is coming from a certain very-experienced someone who's usually cynical by nature nowadays and has had a very mixed experience with the idol genre in general, with only like maybe one or two series that I can confidently say I really liked/loved.
Dec 24, 2021 10:55 AM

Dec 2015
Akari came to save the day again while also reminding Suzune why she sings and wants to be an idol.
It was great that Suzune and Rena made it in time. The final song was good and the characters have grown a little in there own regard.
The CG still amazes me. The whole yells system still kinda confuses me though.
However, there was no doubt that they were going to get the 2 million after seeing SuzaRena perform.

Now I want to see a 9-tie x µ's collaboration.
Dec 24, 2021 11:04 AM
Mar 2019
i think the anime its good. emotions a lot of stories. an its need another season to know more about all
Dec 24, 2021 11:32 AM

Apr 2014
hai_X_is said:

Now I want to see a 9-tie x µ's collaboration.

9-tie x Nijigaku is also a great choice. 😏
何それ?意味分かんない
Dec 24, 2021 11:45 AM

Dec 2015
AkeZZZ said:

9-tie x Nijigaku is also a great choice. 😏

I really have to catch up on Love Live.
Dec 24, 2021 12:05 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
Very nice final episode, as expected once again, Suzune woke up in time for her and Rena to do their Butterfly Bright performance which got them a good amount of Yells thanks to the ghost of Akari, this was definitely really cheesy but I kinda liked the outcome, which led to a very nice performance of the OP song at the end of the episode, loved the outfits and the choreography, and man they really made Nodoka and Mako wear the most revealing ones lol, not complaining tho. But imo a very nice way to end this show, it really feels like it came full circle and that’s a good feeling to end on.

I really enjoyed this show, I know it had some very close similarities to Idoly Pride (haven’t seen it, just going by what I’ve heard), as well as a lot of cliche and cheesy moments, but I’ve found a lot of things to really like about this one. I grew to love all the girls in 9-tie, tho I think my favorites are Nodoka, Mako and Rena. Not only were they fun characters, but they also had very unique designs and all looked very good, and I loved seeing their journey to becoming idols through the reality TV show, not to mention how good the idol performances looked. Overall I really liked it and I hope there’s a continuation at some point.
Dec 24, 2021 12:15 PM

Feb 2019
Man can’t believe we’re finally at the end here. Could really cry. Gonna miss these girls, looking forward to the gacha game. I think the final performance was awesome. CGI was on point, wish we would’ve got a few more new songs tho.
Dec 24, 2021 12:17 PM
Aug 2021
This is more like Love Live! scenario, it is just that they don't want to compete each other. They will do it as one.

(Wait. Don't tell me they had to do it to compete other previous Love Live! veterans. Just a wild guess here.)

Anyway, I like the way it ended. :)

My main candies:

Bonus Candies:
Dec 24, 2021 2:07 PM

Nov 2016
A bumpy experience that fortunately ended on a high note.

Can't help myself but check Idoly Pride as well, just to see what the fuss is all about.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 24, 2021 2:38 PM

Nov 2019
With the girls celebrating SuzuRena’s arrival, after Suzune and Akari-chan talk about their reasons for singing (the scene didn't feel as touching as it could've been orz), the girls accomplish their goal as they win the 7th Season of the Selection Project and debut as 9-tie with Jun as their manager preparing for their futures as idols

While the growth was fun to watch overall, the emotional scenes were downplayed a lot, so overall a 6

Still was a nice idol anime to watch, even though the Suzune-Akari and Sakura-Mana (IDOLY PRIDE) parallels were clearly apparent but IDOLY PRIDE does it a lot better. Also, rip to Sayaka Kanda (Mana's VA)
Dec 24, 2021 4:49 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Final ghost advice to the main, but not with the same physical appearance, still the same execution as before. I can't help but laugh with that. However, i honestly glad that Saori as Akari finally got a decent voice action this time, not just a very minor enter at some scene previously. Not to mention their performance also nice, and glorious. Sumipan also give a nice little quote there, life itself is your audition. Heck yeah, that's right! Your all glorious days ended in a decent last. If only there's no dejavu plot that reminds me for a certain show back before here and there, i think SelePro can be better. But, with these glorious final, its good to say that this is good enough, at least to my idol watching list standard.

That's it all from me...
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Dec 24, 2021 5:17 PM

Jul 2014
Man this show was such a treat, the songs, character designs and CGI were great, tho I was kinda disappointed they pulled another CGI in their last performance, was hoping a “Naked Blue” and “itsuka kanao Yume” 2D hand drawn animation but eh, at least the CGI in this show isnt bad to look at. Almost all the songs they did keeps playing on my head, especially B.B and Only one Yell. I was hoping we get a “Akari ver” playing the “Only One Yell” for the final ep but I guess they went with the 9tie team instead.
Despite the hate this has been getting in this forum, I still loved every ep of this. Someday I hope we get a 2nd season, the songs are so damn fire and I really like kappe’s art design!

I tried listening to the songs of other idol anime but they did not hit let alone are on the same level as sele pro’s.

8/10. My first and probably last idol anime (unless they make a sequel of this with the same cast being the focus that is)
Dec 24, 2021 6:06 PM

Apr 2015
Not gonna beat around the bush, cause obviously Suzu was gonna wake up... But it did all seem to go a little too quickly.

Other than everything that has already been said by others I'll just end this on a positive note:
I was overly impressed with the CGI performances, they looked so good and slick and the final one did it the best.

I am really glad and lucky that I never saw Idoly Pride, to get the best experience possible out of Selection Project, 8/10
CeddyyBearrDec 24, 2021 6:10 PM
Dec 24, 2021 9:02 PM

Oct 2017
Gotta love suzunes plot armor… lmao. We got to hear glorious days twice this episode, plus b.b. that they didn’t even bother reanimating for some reason. Overall a good show, 8/10.
Dec 24, 2021 9:23 PM

Jan 2011
she really did get a lot of plot armor lol we could've done with out this drama arc since she was just overworking her self i wonder how long people were waiting because of the magic of tv lets them skip around so quickly.

overall i really liked selection project even if it was living in the shadows of a better plot idoly pride that came out at the start of this year it got better as it went on and what it was lacking it really made up with it's music and visuals like not only did all the girls look great the CGI used was some of the best ive seen for a idol show almost feels llike a waste if Doga doesn't use it more if it wasn't outsourced

wish Suzune and Rena's song was done differently like you could see she was struggling after just waking up but eh it's easier to just reuse the thing lol also Glorious Days is a Banger for like the first bit then it goes into a decent idol song ,a new song or One Yell would've been hyper to see also we got to see everyone in the ending finally!

7.5/10 i hope we see more of this in some way the music was really great plus they got all these other idol groups battle
Dec 24, 2021 9:36 PM

Dec 2021
KANLen09 said:
This finale will prove if Selection Project can TRULY wipe off Idoly Pride's ghostly shadow between Suzune and Rena's older deceased sister Akari.

Spoiler alert: IT DID NOT.

Also, RIP to Sayaka Kanda, her most recent and very last VA role being Idoly Pride's Mana Nagase.

Continuing the fight to stay alive as everyone Cheers her on, Suzune tries to find a reason for that through her comatose dream with Akari...and with some pep talk full of Cheers, a dream and a life, Suzune woke up just like that. HUH NANI??? Plot armour! I'd understand if this was all for good notion, but this was just way too similar that they're playing with our emotions again, thinking that they can Truck-kun the critics among us.

Another million more Cheers to go to hit the 2 mil objective, and SuzuRena just made it on time to conduct their stage act to fulfill close to a quarter of the objective target left, which isn't enough for them to have a break-out just yet. And so it is, all 9 girls went back to their homes in various regions to spend time with loved ones for a moment of rest, and in preparing for 9-tie's debut, the rest now all know that Dorm Mother Sunny is the CEO in charge, and also Jun in his professional form as the newly formed group's manager.

The audacity to have a 3DCG dance of the OP song to finally reach their goal, yeah I'll give it that for a fitting finale song. But my head is just scratching in disbelief that as "perfect" as this ending can be, how the hell did it manage to pass the quality check as a whole?

Er WOW, I'm so dumbfounded to say that Selection Project...is just a blatant rip-off of Idoly Pride, not like we've "known" from the very beginning. The utter disrespect to the creators of Idoly Pride.

I have been seeing your thoughts on the show for awhile already but what happened on the last episode is the point where I have to speak out and call out the problems of Selection Project myself after weeks of memes and discussions on Reddit, Discord and Muse Asia's youtube. I even wrote a long review myself as honestly I've had it after weeks of giving the show a chance.

Nowadays I find it hard to stomach what happened at the ending considering I have been remembering the memories of Nagase Mana these past days after what happened irl but even setting aside those events, its a bad joke that it failed to erase the "Idoly Pride copy" label and this is just terrible.
Dec 24, 2021 9:51 PM

Jan 2020
That performance was dope and It's nice that they used a song we were familiar with lol.

It's a small detail but I also loved what they have been doing with the only one yell ending. Every episode, they've been showing one second of each 9-tie member as the focus but here, each one was shown in quick succession which was dope to look at

Dec 24, 2021 9:57 PM

Oct 2016
I am gonna miss this show, especially the characters, I really loved it a lot. Great ending! I understand the criticisms when it comes to the plot, it definitely has a bunch of flaws, but the characters are fantastic. They did a great job in making us cheer for and love the girls, well at least for me.

All the songs in Selection Project are certified bops, but Butterfly Bright is definitely my favorite, glad to see it again here in the episode. The Glorious Days performance was also great and I loved their outfits. I wouldn't mind a sequel just to see the characters again. 8.5/10

Also, I was waiting for what they were gonna do for the ending song when they show the main girl singing, I love the way they showed all of them.
Dec 25, 2021 4:17 AM

Jun 2016
i swear that CGI dance is super smooth and awesome !!

this idol genre is completely out of box !!

8,5/10
Dec 26, 2021 2:02 PM

Apr 2020
Ooh wee, I'm finally done with this show. Jeez the circumstances to get to this final episode. It wasn't an easy watch, and until I watch Idoly Pride again to prove that this was a rip-off, all I can say is I actually love this show wtf.

Once again, I wouldn't say this was the best idol anime I've watched, that place still belongs to D4DJ First Mix (although I doubt that's an idol show anyways), but something hits different with SP. Most of what I'm feeling right now is because...I didn't watch Idoly Pride. As of writing, I only got to watch one episode and that's it, so all the hate and nitpicks I could've said for this show ideally never happened, meaning I get to watch SP in its own right. The result...a wholesome and an inspiring anime. Yeah the show took convenient twists and turns here and there, but it did deliver its message, to prove all the people that believe in them and to spread entertainment to the ones who are battling something or people who just wants to have a good time. And I found it in this show.

You know, if it wasn't for Selection Project, I would not have returned to watching anime as much as I have now. Before watching this, I was already burned out on pretty much everything, but watching this gave me the first step to bounce back. And just like Suzune and co., they have to start at zero and with the determination that can touch people's hearts, someday our dream will come true...oh what am I saying, 8/10 freaking love this show. Now I understand the feelings of many idol groups around the world, I think of BTS on a slightly different light now.
Dec 28, 2021 6:31 PM

Nov 2009
Overall, it's a pretty good series if you overlook the constant comparison between series.

But as I said when I started watching episode 1, the show's very predictable (and I didn't compare it to other series, since I haven't finish watching Idoly Pride either, lol)

And it looks like as I was right in previous episode, Suzuna was just having a stroke from being too excited, so she recovered pretty quickly.

___ ___ ___

And they debuted at 9-tie using the song they were suppose to sing as the 7-person group in Selection Project final.

Tho, the only thing with this series is that, felt like they should had extended this to 2 cour and explore on each character's backstory and development. Cause we only really just got Rena and Suzuna's backstory... The other characters felt left out even tho they were given fairly good intro with their family/ hometown.
amlgDec 28, 2021 6:38 PM
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Dec 29, 2021 11:39 AM

Jan 2016
so... it really exists. I mean there is another Pro. besides Selection Pro. the CEO itself mention it. Here's my question I want to ask since episode 10, "where are they when the girls fail the audition?" the girls self-produce to maintain their activity, and no one scouts them!?. That's a dumb decision.

Also, I am confused with this yell system. 1 person can only give 1 yell or 1 person can give as much as they can? Each girl has a hundred thousand or maybe more but no one knows them the first time they have a gig. If I the scout, ill recruit them all.

I do have another thing to say, like the final audition deadline. Suddenly scene at their hometown and then they go to selection Pro. building before the final result ... but I'm just tired. lol.

Overall, it's a good anime. Loveable character and good song. And no, I'm not watching this show with a "comparing to other anime" mindset. so I can enjoy the entire episode. I am a neutral reviewer.
Yay!
Dec 31, 2021 1:36 AM

Apr 2017
"Thought I'd love Selection Project as a show about music, but I hate it: the short essay"

Selection Project just sort of...does nothing. Pretty literally. The characters were never that compelling, there was never any real sense of competition or evolving as musicians, there was some fake deep drama, then they collectively resigned from the competition, decided to form their own idol group, struggled for fame for 5 minutes and apparently already found it enough that the show wants to call them back for a surprise performance.

At the end of the day I don't even know what the point was. Was the point to show us these girls as characters? Or just cute girls doing cute things? Was the point the show? Or was the point them actually leaving the show to form their own group? Because it never stayed on any of these themes long enough so I could tell.

In the last episode, they went for the "talked to dead idol in dream while passed out from illness, poetic, strong, touching" route. I hate it, it's bad, it's so bad, it's worse than Vivy AND Belle, I hate it, I hate it, I hate it way more than Kaori's shitty behavior in Your Lie. It was like a music reality TV show in real life, just as manufactured and fake deep / touching, artificial and shallow. And I now understand why people hate A.I, robots and the idea of androids - those dance sequences. Vapid hopping poses of someone who ALMOST passes for human, but distinctly not, and it's just creepy, weird and aggravating. It was all so mind-numbing, all the lyrics were some combination of "CHASE, DREAM, LOVE, TEAR, STAGE, SMILE" until I just wanted to punch them all in the face. It was so profoundly void of any real human ANYTHING. Actual dialogue from the show included lines like "Ohmigod, what, wow!!!" I HATE it. If this is what idols are really like then I hate idols, too. Fuck this show. Sincerely, 2/10

Jan 1, 2022 8:15 PM

Jan 2021
Suddenly fell unconscious, then taken to the hospital, a few hours later he woke up suddenly, very cliché.

The dancing & singing scenes are made in 3D, pretty good like ZLSR: Revenge, although most of the show dialogue scenes & still scenes, I appreciate the detailed character designs (parents of 9-tie members)
Jan 2, 2022 8:27 PM

Mar 2008
Overall 8/10. I liked it well enough, even if it was basically a clone of Idoly Pride. It had a solid ending that wrapped up all the problems nicely.
Jan 4, 2022 9:48 AM

Oct 2015
tbh this show barely does anything great and is filled with a lot of cliches much like idoly pride but im too much of a sucker for such things that it's hard to hate. 7/10
Jan 5, 2022 4:42 AM

May 2015
Just sat down and watched this in one go. I can't tell if I've legitimately just seen everything this genre has to offer or if the way information was introduced was too explicit, but I predicted everything that would happen episodes beforehand. This would be less impressive if I had actually seen Idoly Pride, but since I passed on nearly every anime this year, I got to see this without that series looming over my head. That said, I thought it was pretty solid. Reality TV Game shows are my guilty pleasure so having that as the set up guaranteed my full attention. I was planning on giving it an 8 since it does some legitimately great stuff despite most of it being unoriginal, but I actually think this final episode massively underperformed and I will never be satisfied with actually ending with the normal credits sequence when they could have extended the performance of the song we heard nearly every episode and just have the ending theme play during the last scene. I felt kinda robbed in that regard. 7/10
Jan 8, 2022 8:56 PM

Jun 2016
Selection Project > Idoly Pride.

If they did ripoff Idoly Pride, props for skipping the occult shit and making a cast superior than the dead girl.

Start was predictable and that 3rd part, picking 2 girls to drop out was incredibly stupid and lacked any realism. Suzurena chemistry at the end was really good though and carried the show. Character designs and songs were pretty memorable too, more so than IP, tho I can't say I liked the op enough to be satisfied with it for the climax performance.

Suzurena carries to a 7.5/10. I'd want a s2 just for more Suzurena.
Jan 12, 2022 8:40 PM

Mar 2019
Best GLORIOUS Song in this Seasonal DAYS......

Favorite OP & ED of the Season...
Nyan-Pasu!... [ Ara Ara ] [ Waifus ]
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Selection Project Episode 12 Discussion

KANLen09 - Dec 17, 2021

35 by 5hadow17 »»
May 18, 7:15 AM

» A quick question about the “Mixed Media” description for the “Source” field

RudeRedis - Aug 17, 2023

1 by ItsukaShido16 »»
Aug 18, 2023 1:04 AM

Poll: » Selection Project Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Sep 26, 2021

104 by Yui_Suzumiya69 »»
Jul 7, 2023 9:13 PM

Poll: » Selection Project Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

KANLen09 - Oct 8, 2021

53 by KOLDEET »»
Jun 2, 2023 7:41 PM

Poll: » Idoly Pride vs Selection Project

Kanishq42069 - Dec 24, 2021

12 by Gvendoline »»
Mar 8, 2023 4:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.