Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 26, 2021 7:27 AM
Jul 2018
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
another amazing episode, new ‘kawai’ girl is pretty cool, like her design.
she looks rly cool in this frame especially.

didn’t expect her to have scars though, that stuff could be triggering so might wanna watch out for that if ur sensitive about that stuff.

this anime is really does psychological stuff well and hiw it portrays it is really interesting. the animation on those battle scenes was gorgeous af, probably the most beautiful stuff i’ve seen this season. got a lot of new information in this episode and nice developments too. really loving this anime so far, definitely one of my top for this season.

also, i just realised but could there be some symbolism behind rika's weapon, it looks like a box cutter which she might've used for yknow..
removed-userJan 26, 2021 7:42 AM
Jan 26, 2021 7:28 AM

Apr 2019
Rika Kawai seems like a really interesting character. I'm guessing she made the promise to never cut herself after Cheimi Died? Character design is just as awesome as other characters. Three girls so far, they're a pretty weird three. Synchronizing their worlds/egg things is possible, good to know.

Visual quality of this episode blew me away, even better than the preceding episodes. Ai is left on her own now, will she survive?

Jan 26, 2021 7:28 AM

Jul 2017
I'd swear, hearing the OST's cheery vibes gives the series a juxtaposition that this is not what it seems.

The 3rd of 4 girls, Rika Kawai shows up, and right from the get-go, she seems easy-going and kawaii-ingly shameless. The idol girl who always forgets about her wallet and stalks Ai handling Eggs, while Neiru undergoes rehabilitation.

Seems like Rika's problem is people supporting her as her "wallet" and judging them by looks for likes, while being someone's who's at the churn of self-abuse. Quite an interesting contraption of getting pulled into someone else's dreams of stronger feelings, Rika's over Ai's for fanatical idol dreams of synchronizations.

When it comes to the See Noevils (or the bystanders as Rika puts it), I'm legitly trying to figure out if she knows what's going on better than Ai. But it's the same with using people for self's gain, with the cracked Egg humans revealing her true feelings (while being targeted by weird aliens as usual).

The show's dynamics are still hefty strong, though it's a straight path for 3 episodes now, now I feel that's easier to understand what this show is trying to sell.
Jan 26, 2021 7:33 AM

Apr 2019
KANLen09 said:
I'd swear, hearing the OST's cheery vibes gives the series a juxtaposition that this is not what it seems.

I know right, wouldn't expect a show like this to have an OP like this. Still really love it though.

Jan 26, 2021 7:35 AM

Jan 2009
that Rika Kawai girl is really sexy hot eh but damn her personality is some bad extrovert type although looks like she is still a good person deep inside

i wonder why she become a stone though or she lose some willpower because of the damage of that attack on her

the action here is nice they can become superhuman more and more it seems the more they achieve self-realization?
Jan 26, 2021 7:35 AM
Apr 2019
OST is banger ! WEP is the best anime of the season !
Jan 26, 2021 7:42 AM

Apr 2020
I like Rika's design, even though she does have a contradicting personality. Really cool episode for action, and Ai has an interesting personality change
Jan 26, 2021 7:42 AM

Jan 2014
That was certainly an interesting line to open the ep with lol.

Oof, I do feel bad for Rika, she prob never meant any ill harm, as of course, fans would see idols as these perfect and shining people, but under that, could be something much more deep. Which sadly came out on that one fan. A big yikes.
Jan 26, 2021 7:44 AM

Feb 2019
The work put into animating Rika's hands on Ai's thighs shows the staff has their priorities straight, as all things should be.

That aside, Rika is being set up to be an interesting character to see develop, if she isn't 'petrified' for the remainder of the show's run, that is.

And it seems like what some people and I thought last episode is turning out to be right, regarding Koito and the teacher.

Edit: I finally remembered after almost a whole hour why Rika complaining about Chiemi's sweaty hand felt so familiar. It reminded me of Kakegurui 1st season's idol bit, bird brains do be like that sometimes.
KosmonautJan 26, 2021 8:27 AM
Jan 26, 2021 7:44 AM

Oct 2017
Honestly the story of all these girls are way too depressing. Rika's too and those two fans too.

Also is that councelor a womanizer or something. From the begining it felt like he was trying to get close to Ai's mom by visiting their home everyday. Now we saw Koito crying in his arms.

What happened to Rika, did she die? I dun think she did.

Animation and visuals were beautiful once again and that OST was great, reminded me of Ghost in the shell movie OST.
Jan 26, 2021 7:49 AM

Jul 2017
Nice one more girl of the main gang is finally introduced, I liked her personality, I hope nothing serious happened to her at the end there, I hope she is there to stay.

I can feel they will become a nice squad.
Jan 26, 2021 7:50 AM

Jun 2012
"Junior Idol' could mean bedroom stuff."

"Like... Pillow fights?"

"Yes."

I laughed by ass off that that. Ooto is too cute.
Jan 26, 2021 7:51 AM

Jan 2009
seriously that male teacher is sus lol is he targeting AI next with his alleged pedo ways? or he is monitoring AI to not alert the police about his sus actions against Koito?
Jan 26, 2021 7:53 AM
Dec 2018
Left on a cliffhanger, imma go cri
Jan 26, 2021 7:55 AM

Dec 2014
Great episode again.

Rika is a pushy and perhaps a tad bit invasive but it's likely because she's never really had or considered anyone a friend. She seems to make excuses for associating with people like calling them wallets and stuff but it does look like she's a decent person deep down. Curious to see how her character will develop. Love her design though.

Action sequences are great again, animation is good and the art is great.

The conversation with Neiru and Ooto about bedroom stuff was funny. xD

The counselor seems suspicious somehow but I'll give him the benefit of doubt for now.
Jan 26, 2021 7:56 AM
Dec 2018
2077 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
another amazing episode, new ‘kawai’ girl is pretty cool, like her design.
she looks rly cool in this frame especially.

didn’t expect her to have scars though, that stuff could be triggering so might wanna watch out for that if ur sensitive about that stuff.

this anime is really does psychological stuff well and hiw it portrays it is really interesting. the animation on those battle scenes was gorgeous af, probably the most beautiful stuff i’ve seen this season. got a lot of new information in this episode and nice developments too. really loving this anime so far, definitely one of my top for this season.

also, i just realised but could there be some symbolism behind rika's weapon, it looks like a box cutter which she might've used for yknow..

Damn i thought so too, like it is same with the pen that ohto has, i think she got it as a gift from her friend or something.
Jan 26, 2021 8:00 AM

Jan 2015
This was flawless, wow. What an episode, my favorite one for sure

Rika is quite the asshole, but I really like her. She’s gonna add some spice to the series
Jan 26, 2021 8:02 AM

Feb 2019
deg said:
seriously that male teacher is sus lol is he targeting AI next with his alleged pedo ways? or he is monitoring AI to not alert the police about his sus actions against Koito?
My two theories up to this point are that either Koito was being groomed by the teacher, or she had a crush on the teacher and got rejected by him. If it's the first, then he'd be keeping tabs on Ai. If it's the latter, then maybe he genuinely wants to help her deal with Koito's suicide.
Jan 26, 2021 8:04 AM

Jan 2009
Kosmonaut said:
deg said:
My two theories up to this point are that either Koito was being groomed by the teacher, or she had a crush on the teacher and got rejected by him. If it's the first, then he'd be keeping tabs on Ai. If it's the latter, then maybe he genuinely wants to help her deal with Koito's suicide.

thats a nice theory that can go either way there
Jan 26, 2021 8:06 AM

Apr 2020
it was interesting how they decided to not focus on the egg girls they are meant to save in order to develop Rika. only after the episode ended did I realize the cruel irony of having Rika fight with boxcutters since she is a victim of self harm. once again this show is making me feel a whole lot
Jan 26, 2021 8:06 AM

Jun 2012
Kosmonaut said:
deg said:

I was pondering the same thing. Perhaps, he is somewhat responsible for her friends death and feels that he needs to somehow make it right with Ooto but, doesn't know how.
Jan 26, 2021 8:10 AM

Jan 2009
Ratto-San said:
only after the episode ended did I realize the cruel irony of having Rika fight with boxcutters since she is a victim of self harm.

dang i only realize that in hindsight now after you mention it
Jan 26, 2021 8:14 AM

Oct 2018
So far, the best anime of this season.
If you're a fanboy, please don't waste my time.

Watch more movies, please.

Perhaps, this is hell.
Jan 26, 2021 8:17 AM

Oct 2020
Rika had good intentions but her words having the direct effect of Chiemi developing an eating disorder and dying is devastating. She wanted to stop the shoplifting but all she did was swapped it for something fatal. The amount of guilt Rika is feeling must be unbearable. I'm getting bad vibes from Shuichiro.

Jan 26, 2021 8:18 AM

Jun 2019
Another amazing episode as usual. Rika is quite an interesting character. I like her personality. Felt a bit sad there, I know Rika had no ill intentions but it really affected Chiemi. Apart from that, her character design is good as well. The animation once again was really good. Loved it.
Jan 26, 2021 8:26 AM

Sep 2020
Being in the same house as that counselor must be so awkward and weird and bad, I feel really bad for Ai.

Kosmonaut said:
deg said:

I'm sure hoping it's the second one man, if she was being groomed by him that would all kinds of messed up. Knowing some of the themes of this show so far though, I'm worried it will be the first one :(
watch this and your dick (or vagayna) will literally blow off with the sheer amount of force and momentum created by inertia and Einsteins second law :)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXJuefY2tG1lB9q7QaFJQLQ
Jan 26, 2021 8:30 AM

Apr 2018
Great episode, and awesome to see how Ai and Neiru relationship is growing. Funny exchange of texts in regards to Rika. First impressions of Rika were that she was an a-hole, but seeing some of her backstory helped clear things up.

Interesting scene in regards to the time Rika spent in the tub and what Ai said "don't stay in the tub too long, you'll get dry." Followed by Rika saying to herself she promised she'd never cut again. Most people who cut tend to do so in the tub from what I understand.

Def one of my fave anime so far this year. May go back and watch the first 3 eps again because I literally can't stand to wait for the next one lol. Gorgeous animation, and incredible attention to detail throughout. As many others have said the OST is top notch. Really love the ED.
Jan 26, 2021 8:32 AM

Sep 2019
Seeing Rika once in the PV was enough for me to decide on my best girl and this episode confirmed it. I love her. Rika's story is pretty dark, just like everyone else. She regrets what she did to her fan and she wants to reverse her mistakes no matter the cost. Ai'll save Rika, or I hope so. It was a great episode.
Jan 26, 2021 8:36 AM

May 2020
Ai is so pure must protect she immediately think about pillow fights

Ai: Like..... Pilow fights?
Neiru : YES
Jan 26, 2021 8:38 AM

Aug 2011
Holy shit animation. Feels like watching Mob Psycho animation.
Jan 26, 2021 8:41 AM

Mar 2018
Damn this anime continues to be dark as fuck. Rikka cutting herself, Rikka's fan commiting suicide because her idol didn't like her, the continued implications something was up between the teacher and Koito, the fact the twins commited suicide because their favorite idol did so too, no amount of rape in Redo of Healer can come close to the darkness in this anime.

Excellent episode. Can't wait for the next one.
Jan 26, 2021 8:53 AM
Aug 2020
This show is continuing to blow me away with it's gorgeous animation, interesting and fleshed-out characters, and its through-provoking themes about adolescence. What a beautiful work of art.
Jan 26, 2021 8:55 AM

Jan 2009
so i check episode 1 again and ye Rika might have lost some willpower thats why she become a stone and her immortality is gone at that moment when she was attacked by that monster

Jan 26, 2021 8:56 AM

Feb 2019
I still don’t quite know what’s going on, but I’m enjoying the ride. Can’t believe cloverworks was cooking this up behind the scenes. 3 10s in the same season, insane.

I’m kinda guessing that the worlds here work somewhat like Persona dungeons mixed with Kokosake, in that people’s trauma manifests itself as an egg/world. I’m still learning as I go though so not sure.

Rika is an interesting character, I hope she’s not gone for good. I liked the detail with her having those self harm scars.

Great ep.

Jan 26, 2021 8:56 AM
Jan 2021
The teacher is pretty sus, no doubt about it. The new girl looks interesting character, very pushy and all but I feel like she has regrets about what happened to the chiemi girl

Didn't the animation got even better this episode !
Jan 26, 2021 8:59 AM

Mar 2016
Rika's self-inflicted wounds and notably gregarious personality are kinda run-of-the-mill for me, which wouldn't be that bad, but I'd have to wait for more on her. The "Yu-Yu fans" are extremely annoying as well. At least it's fitting that Rika is required to save a pair of idol fans being originally a bonafide idol herself, apparently. Her resolve to save Chiemi, an overweight person and fan of hers at the time, was obviously out of sheer guilt (hence why that also would explain the self-inflicted cuts).

The animation in the action scenes again looked so derp here and didn't clean up from last time. The whole time with Odd Eye suddenly running up out of some flashback-driven motivation and all the sudden giving that "white knight looking back" pose was rather offputting, but at least I got a bit of a chuckle from that.

I'm still not sold on much with this series at all. While it does have nice bits of visual metaphors and subtleties here and there, they don't amount to much when the main course is half-cooked at best.
Jan 26, 2021 9:03 AM

Jul 2020
I don't think the teacher gives off any "sus" vibes. It seems Koito went up to the teacher. Though he look dodgy and such, but I honestly think (and hope) that the teacher is just a gentle and caring person that is just concerned about Koito's well being (and Ai for that matter). Also, our MC is very flawed. Called an attention seeker and then they show us that she is the one getting being frustrated about Koito not speaking to her. Yeah, I think there is more to her than it appears and she definitely looks like she "indirectly" played a huge part in Koito's suicide. Something is wrong and I feel it...
Jan 26, 2021 9:11 AM

May 2020
I hope Koito's story isn't as it looks, even though she should've told Ai about what was happening...
Rika's and Chiemi's story was really upsetting. I don't get why after all that, she still badmouths her!
Jan 26, 2021 9:16 AM

Oct 2015
Didn't even realize Shukashuu voiced Rika, I'm impressed. This episode was pretty disturbing in a lot of ways, fans who commit suicide because of their fandom, hints of a teacher-student relationship? Self-fullfillment reasons and whatnot
Jan 26, 2021 9:17 AM

Dec 2019
this was such an interesting eps, as we saw rika's scars, maybe we might get a backstory or something in the upcoming episodes and the animation is just beautiful as ever, also a cliff hanger:(
Only you know what you've seen, heard and felt, someone else's opinion is irrelevant.

-Kurenai, Deca Dence
Jan 26, 2021 9:31 AM
Jan 2021
actually god-tier episode I loved that so much.
Jan 26, 2021 9:31 AM

Jul 2019
The last two episodes were already a 10/10 in terms of visuals but somehow this episode was even better?? Jesus i love you Umehara!!

And the quality of the story didnt go down either, Rika is honestly a pretty cliche character but i very much like her and her design is wonderful (I dont think she died or anything, mostly because her "rivalry" with the hospitalized girl didnt get resolved). Ai also continues to be an amazing character, it seems that every episode she will have a flashback to koito, revealing more about how both got in their situation, i very much prefer this than revealing all at once. Once again amazing episode, its rare to see originals with this quality.
Jan 26, 2021 9:42 AM

Sep 2020
Loving Wonder Egg so far, but I can't stop thinking "Silent Hill with cute girls". As incorrect as that might be.
Jan 26, 2021 9:44 AM
Dec 2020
it's a third 5/5 episode in a row and somehow it still keeps getting better and better. the animation, the characters, the plot, the underlying messages and the serious issues discussed- everything is perfect and i can't wait to see how it plays out and am hoping for it to hold the bar through the rest of episodes
Jan 26, 2021 9:48 AM
Oct 2020
deg said:
that Rika Kawai girl is really sexy hot eh but damn her personality is some bad extrovert type although looks like she is still a good person deep inside

i wonder why she become a stone though or she lose some willpower because of the damage of that attack on her

the action here is nice they can become superhuman more and more it seems the more they achieve self-realization?
seek some help rika is 13
Jan 26, 2021 9:51 AM

Mar 2020
This is greatness

that fucking clifhenger tho regylehiszè hudefugtr'q"u-tr-e"rièadfpoigjopirj
check out odd taxi
Jan 26, 2021 9:51 AM

Aug 2020
this show is sooo good. only thing is that you can sometimes notice the lack of in-betweens drawn in the animation but it's really really good still. OST as usual is really fun/suspensing to listen to depending on how you watch the scene.

Something's up with Sawaki sensei.

that cliffhanger ending though :<

I didn't like Rika at first because she seemed like a bully at first but seeing her emphatize with others made me change my mind. clearly a bit tsundere
Jan 26, 2021 9:53 AM

Jul 2019
Ryuseishun said:

The animation in the action scenes again looked so derp here and didn't clean up from last time.

Dude, i really like you, and you have your opinion, but what you have said right here, is a crime.
Jan 26, 2021 9:57 AM

Mar 2020
VP2003boi said:
Ryuseishun said:

The animation in the action scenes again looked so derp here and didn't clean up from last time.

Dude, i really like you, and you have your opinion, but what you have said right here, is a crime.
Yeah the animation was god-tier
check out odd taxi
Jan 26, 2021 10:00 AM

Mar 2016
VP2003boi said:
Ryuseishun said:

Nah, regardless, it's inevitable in terms of pointing out in how peculiar (for better or worse) those action scenes were. Then again, the action scenes overall in this series aren't exactly normal looking to say the least with all those missing animated frames.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Wonder Egg Priority Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ashhk - Mar 30, 2021

419 by redpanda_42 »»
Sep 8, 10:30 PM

» What is this anime all about?

Shy - Aug 1

19 by Jxyf0ry0u »»
Aug 14, 2:29 PM

Poll: » Wonder Egg Priority Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

removed-user - Mar 9, 2021

171 by Orogoth »»
Jul 23, 4:28 AM

Poll: » Wonder Egg Priority Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

removed-user - Feb 23, 2021

196 by nicky_toutou »»
Jul 9, 7:40 AM

Poll: » Wonder Egg Priority Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

LittleLucky - Mar 2, 2021

213 by TheEclecticNomad »»
Jul 3, 8:00 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.