Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jun 12, 2020 7:13 AM

Sep 2015
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Looks like Promised Neverland just ended. Kind of an anti-climactic ending but it was kind of heart-warming. Glad Emma was reunited with her family even though she still has no memories of them.
Jun 12, 2020 8:28 AM

Jan 2018
Read the raw. So they looked around for a while and eventually found Emma. Everyone reunites. Happy ending. That's basically it. I don't know how I feel about the ending. It was okay, I guess. I dunno. Never had high expectations to begin with.

Welp, glad they didn't drag it and make another arc. The entire final arc has been disappointing. It's a shame cause TPN had solid and one of the best 1st arc (it's still is one of my fav shounen arcs). Goldy pond arc was good. After a strong start the series went in a downward spiral and couldn't recover. Emma completely mastering Talk no Jutsu and solving pretty much everything by applying it, the entire "promise" thing underdelivered, and some other shenanigans. It really became a drag to read it weekly. Final arc was just plain BAD. Mostly bs.

I still love Jailbreak arc tho. Again, glad they ended it before it became any worse(it's bad enough already tho). Looking forward to their next work.
ARK-13Jun 12, 2020 11:27 AM
Jun 12, 2020 9:09 AM

Nov 2018
So what, they remember her/she remembers them?
Jun 12, 2020 10:02 AM

Nov 2016
Obviously this conclusion seems rushed and not really satisfying, but good that they found Emma and that she still had to pay the price. This way we at least got the "best of both worlds". The last page was hella sweet. Also liked the part with Connie, Isabelle and Yugo. So yeah, it could've been worse.

As for the series as a whole. Introduction and escape were easily the peak, and I was always hyped when a chapter was dropped. Unfortunately the Promised Neverland couldn't keep the momentum. After the escape the decline in enjoyment was noticeable. Sucks when a series loses it's touch and your interest fades away, but it wasn't a big deal until it turned into something truly unpleasant towards the end. Well, I still cherish the memories of the good times I had with this manga.
FMmatronJun 12, 2020 10:05 AM

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 13, 2020 1:12 AM

Aug 2016
I simply miss the days this manga was my favorite. But its still something Im really fond of because of how fantastic it was for a long time. You did it great shirai. You f*ck it up eventually... but you did it great. And demizu can go back to her beautiful illustrations

https://youtu.be/rTJjtSP-ORc
:v
Jun 13, 2020 12:42 PM

Oct 2007
So it finally ended. However i am wondering what was the point of Ema losing her memories. They got reunited, it doesn't matter much if she lots her memories or not. It's an absolutely unnecessary plot twist right after the story ends. The manga should have ended chapter 180.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 14, 2020 7:07 AM
Jan 2019
I started reading 5-toubun, Domekano and TPN at the same time. They all ended this year and disappointed me throughout...
Jun 14, 2020 9:06 AM

Jul 2017
A little emotional to see the first manga I started reading weekly end, and reading it for 3+ years was something else. Still, a shame it ended in a very lackluster fashion and just went downhill for a very long time.

4/10 overall I have to give since it wasted a ton of its potential and left a lot of mysteries and thrills just die out.
animejasNov 5, 2020 1:29 PM
Jun 14, 2020 9:07 AM

Jan 2016
Glad to have enjoyed this series. Not as fond of the final arc but overall satisfied with the product. Emma's great. Nice kind-of happy ending.
Jun 14, 2020 9:11 AM

Feb 2019
Extremely predictable and disappointing ending. Myself and many others have talked for months about how this series has gone down and this final chapter pretty much encapsulated all of that.

I believe the first arc was one of the best I’ve ever read, the mystery, the tension, the stakes, etc. For that to fall to what we got in the final 1.5 years of the series is one of the biggest declines in manga quality I’ve ever seen.

Demons were introduced as a very interesting concept but never truly lived up to their potential. Even now there’s a lot of unresolved questions about them. Norman being built up as the big bad of the second half and then turning into a good guy after a single chapter was disappointing. Every single situation ending with a deux ex machina or other plot contrivance was disappointing.

For me, this story went from a 10 to a 6.5/7(on a good day). It’s really sad as I love the characters and story. Crazy when you look at the hype for the anime’s second season and the lukewarm manga reception. I’ll do a longer write up on MAL/reddit after I read my other WSJ stuff for the weekend.
Jun 14, 2020 9:15 AM

Apr 2014
The only thing I feel like saving is the first story arc honestly
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 14, 2020 9:29 AM

Jan 2019
Well that was disappointing... This doesn’t even feel like a proper conclusion tbh - so much wasted potential.
Jun 14, 2020 9:31 AM
Sep 2016
It was a decent ending
Jun 14, 2020 9:32 AM
Sep 2019
I laughed hard when Ray heard Conny voice, bullshit nonsense.
Jun 14, 2020 9:50 AM

Nov 2011
That was pretty underwhelming. After 2 year timeskip, they just find Emma and she's back like that....wow.

FMmatron said:
As for the series as a whole. Introduction and escape were easily the peak, and I was always hyped when a chapter was dropped. Unfortunately the Promised Neverland couldn't keep the momentum. After the escape the decline in enjoyment was noticeable. Sucks when a series loses it's touch and your interest fades away, but it wasn't a big deal until it turned into something truly unpleasant towards the end. Well, I still cherish the memories of the good times I had with this manga.

Definitely agreed with everything you said here.

The first arc is easily my favorite in the series with the amount of suspense with each chapter building more questions that fueled answers. Over time, I felt less thrilled to see what the next chapters had to offer and this finale just ends like that. 7/10 for me.

Jun 14, 2020 9:53 AM

Nov 2011
What a convenient conclusion. I hate how the rest of the story can't stand up to the first arc. I hate how everything resolve by itself. It almost like the rest of the story is written by a different person.

Jun 14, 2020 9:54 AM
May 2020
I kinda wanted to see the old guy happy with them too. I really liked him. They probably took him anyways but just wanted to see.

Anyways, it's done. Finally.

The only thing keeping this from 5/10 is the first arc. I give it 6/10.
Jun 14, 2020 9:55 AM

Sep 2015
I hope they stay in touch with that lonely old man.
can dis sig fit
Jun 14, 2020 9:56 AM
Jul 2018
Time for Emma and the other kids to build new memories together. We got a happy ending. The first arc was great. The other arcs were a letdown and gradually got worse, every chapter. Especially the last chapters, things got way too convenient for them.
Jun 14, 2020 9:57 AM

Feb 2011
Wow, unbelievably garbage. Japs can't write endings....
Jun 14, 2020 9:59 AM

Jul 2017
Glad to see Emma didn't recover her memories, but still... I'm kinda disappointed with this ending. And, if it took 2 years for them to find Emma, didn't Emma develop any attachment to the old man? I mean, is she gonna leave her new home and live with some random childs she apparently doesn't know so easily? Idk, I like bittwersweet endings a lot, but this one was not that good. The last pages were sweet, but it wasn't the case with everything that happened before.

It sucks to see this manga to end so disappointing, since I've been a fan of it for more than a whole year since I read the first arc (even before the anime started airing). It was a breath of fresh air in the shounen genre, and had pretty original ideas, concepts and themes. Too bad to see it end with so much potential wasted and in a quite anticlimactic way. 7/10 for me.
Jun 14, 2020 10:05 AM

Jan 2012
The ending was fine, just because you guys didnt get what you expected. Calm down
Jun 14, 2020 10:07 AM

Apr 2019
Not sure how a feel. Didn’t except one chapter to fix all the problems it had but something definitely still feels missing. With that being said the first few arcs were amazing and it was a joy to read through from start to the very end. TPN will not be forgotten. Looking forward to see this shows next arcs get animated. Season 2 in January 2021.

Jun 14, 2020 10:19 AM

Feb 2020
i'm happy she didn't gain her memories but still feels this warm presence when she again so it was a satisfying ending.

i wouldn't say the last few arcs were bad as everyone was saying it was but it did obviously go downhill since the first arc. i can't help but feel everything was rushed with the last arc with her finding them all again so many questions for me were left unanswered but i'm glad there didn't add another arc just for the sake of it. it sounds like i'm contradicting myself lmao

but this chapter did make me cry since this was the first manga i followed properly. so i'm glad it ended with a somewhat satisfying ending (:
Jun 14, 2020 10:23 AM
Apr 2018
Goldy Pond was by far my favorite arc, really hoped that we'd get something similar to it in the final arc (or the one before it). I'm sad that we didn't and just overall disappointed by how everything went from then on
Rating: not a 10
Jun 14, 2020 10:23 AM
Sep 2016
Yabuki_Eru said:
The ending was fine, just because you guys didnt get what you expected. Calm down

Yeah I actually enjoyed the ending. While sad, I'm glad the author decided to keep her with her memory loss . And now new memories can be created. Really amazing series and I will miss it.
Jun 14, 2020 10:24 AM
Jul 2018
I don't understand the problem that people have with the ending. It didn't end in some big climax, but I think that's fine, and unconventional. The pacing felt natural for me. When will this, and Yuuna and the Haunted Hot Springs manga, be marked as finished on MAL?
Jun 14, 2020 10:27 AM

Jan 2014
Ending felt way too rushed. No matter the conclusion, I think a few more chapters of their lives after the promise would have sufficed. We can't always have it clean, I guess. On the bright side, we have a second season to wait for! I hope it'll be 2-cour so we can see the Goldy Pond arc adapted.
Jun 14, 2020 10:41 AM

Mar 2018
They just could've ended the manga when they arrived at Human land but giving it a cheesy ending was a little bit exaggerating the story. Still, after such a hard work, finally knowing the ending was satisfying.
Let's see how will the anime turnout.
Jun 14, 2020 10:50 AM
Jul 2017
Grace Field: 10/10 and probably the best first arc in any manga EVER

Goldy Pond: 8.5/10

Last arc up until Chapter 120: 9/10

Last arc from Chapter 120-181: 4/10

That's really disappointing to see how it ends off like this. I'm happy it's a happy ending but I feel so sad that this used to be my all-time favourite manga.
Jun 14, 2020 10:52 AM

Mar 2015
last 2 chapter is good. but after high peak of the first arc, it sow downturn until very end. weekly schedule take another victim.

6/10, but for first arc and ending, 7/10.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Jun 14, 2020 10:59 AM

Oct 2017
Nice they reuinted and a happy end.

This manga started really great but went downhill with every arc and then the last arc was very dissapointing. Well still had fun reading this but really dissapointed by how much the quality dropped over time.
Jun 14, 2020 11:04 AM

Jul 2015
Despite me hating the amnesia cliche, Shirai executed it really well. This last chapter was completely heartbreaking, but it ends with hope.

It was a conclusion that really fits the manga but the open ending makes me crave for more.

Overall this series was absolutely amazing, it captivated me from start to finish. It's unconventional and breaks all your expectations you'd have towards a common shonen.

GP is easily the peak for me. As well written as the first arc was, it doesn't really have many interesting events that make this series stand out. I'm so glad it expanded on the universe and characters this way.

I'll give The Promised Neverland a 9/10. The last 10 or so chapters were really rushed, but aside from that and some flaws here and there, it was highly enjoyable through and through. I'll keep saying it doesn't deserve the hate it gets because I notice there's a LOT of misunderstandings towards the characters and plot points. I can't wait for more fans to come and binge this carefully to give it a more suitable opinion. Neverland will be those types of series that will age well.

Can't wait to see the second season. I'll miss TPN so so much. I love it to pieces and it'll always have a dear place in my heart.
Jun 14, 2020 11:13 AM
Apr 2018
So many people hate the the last few arcs so much it’s kind of a shock although the ending feels really rushed I still really like the manga I can’t wait for it to be animated.
Jun 14, 2020 11:43 AM

Apr 2019
Yeah this was kinda trash lol, not that I expected the series to be able to be redeemed.

Super unfortunate how far Neverland has fallen, first arc was a solid 9/10.
Jun 14, 2020 11:44 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Not a great ending by any means, but on the other hand the author had seemingly run out of ideas at this point so might as well let it rest rather than milk it to death
Jun 14, 2020 11:53 AM

Oct 2019
Oof it really hurts to see it end like this, Wonder how it could have gone if Norman actually became the main villain, the chapters before and during the fight with the demon queen were clearly pointing out that he will become the main antagonist. I wonder why the author didn't choose this route in the end.....

Hope the best luck for the author and the artist in their next Project.
Jun 14, 2020 11:54 AM
Feb 2012
One of the best starts in manga almost turns into nothing at the end
Those 10 out of 10reviews on the front page with like 9 chapters read have got to go
Jun 14, 2020 12:28 PM

Jun 2017
It doesn't even have that ending feels; like when you get that sentimental feeling that you're going to miss a series!😒 All I thought about it was that "It finally ended! Good riddance!"

This manga started really well! It even gave me an excitement about how these kids will be able to escape from their plight of being fed to demons. But it's sad to see how the story sank that bad and all you ever wish is for the story to end already!

Even up to the last chapter, I'm still disappointed. It was too cliche. It made me think even a kid could write an ending like that.

4/10

She got him back. If you understand the characters well enough, you'd know she did!
Jun 14, 2020 12:42 PM

Aug 2017
Possibly one of the biggest asspulls and worst endings in Jump history
Jun 14, 2020 12:49 PM
Mar 2018
It deserved a much better ending!!! Like i got the feeling the authors were running out of ideas but they also couldn't properly end it. It felt a rushed happy ending. The emotion was there but somehow it still felt hollow
Jun 14, 2020 12:51 PM

Jun 2016
Very bad endings

What happen to demon world

Emma still lost her memories

Horrible this is just shit ending

5.8 out of 10

Jun 14, 2020 1:18 PM
Nov 2019
Given how the last few arcs have gone by, a rather disappointing ending isn’t surprising. It’s a shame, still so many unanswered questions. It’s been a good run though, for what it’s worth, this series had some pretty good arcs and was fun to read through.

But man, this series had so much potential.
Jun 14, 2020 1:20 PM
May 2018
It was kind of lame and disappointing ending and anti climatic....idk how to feel i started reading tpn when it first published and i was very hyped for this because the first arc was really well written and amasing but after goldy pond it went downhill i didnt expect that much but im still disappointed at least im glad they didnt drag it even more by making another arc no need to furthet ruin it. I just wonder what happened to the authors?? They made such a good build up for tpn world... did they run out of ideas?? Or did they start disliking their job?? It feels like someone else picked up the series half way....
Jun 14, 2020 1:51 PM
Jun 2019
I personally enjoyed the ending. I didn't understand how everyone was able to locate Emma so easily. However, they were searching for like 2 years and then again, technically, the story is set well in the the future. So if a pen can display a hologram with a detailed map of a demon world and cars can fly (not to mention the Norman and Ray are both geniuses an experts at finding people ie in games of tag) its reasonable enough for me to accept, even though it felt slightly rushed.

I think the emotional factor was more significant than anything else for me. As the story progressed I started to sympathize with Emma more and more. Despite her, often, stubborn, annoying and irrational decision making, I started to feel like the world needs more people just like her. I hate selfish people more than anything and I appreciated the fact that Emma sacrifices literally the most important thing in the world to her for the benefit of others - the memories of the people she cares were more valuable to her than her own life. If you have ever had a family member or loved one with alzheimer's disease, then you will probably understand the reason why the ending of this manga brought me to tears.
Jun 14, 2020 2:15 PM

Jun 2014
I feel like for most manga, fans will typically say that the best arc/the peak of the manga was an arc that happened well into the manga's run, like the Chimera Ant arc in Hunter x Hunter or the Marineford arc in One Piece......so it speaks volumes about how this manga fell off when most fans seem to agree that the peak was the VERY FIRST arc.

Personally, I still enjoyed this manga well after the first arc but I do stand in agreement with the large chunk of the fanbase that holds the opinion of the first arc being the best. Seeing how the story progressed past the first arc and how it continued building the world was interesting, and I did like the mysteries that were being thrown our way. But this final arc really did turn out to be a low point for the manga. The last 10 chapters, especially, had its fair share of eyeroll-worthy moments and stuff that felt a little too convenient. One aspect of the ending that I did like, however, was how Emma didn't get her memories back. That made it feel like there was actually a consequence in the end, compared to when we were at first led to believe that there would be no reward or price to pay to go to the human world. Other than that, the ending overall was quite lackluster, but still decently satisfactory, which is all I can ask for (but it could have definitely been better).
thebrentinator24Jun 14, 2020 2:29 PM
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

MAL is literally just anime Twitter as its own website lol.

Jun 14, 2020 2:32 PM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
I actually find the loss of Emma's memories quite interesting. Loss that doesn't involve death and has much higher stakes is actually impressive but,,,,, the final chapter? It doesn't feel final, it doesn't even feel satisfying.

Also you know glad this thing didn't really end up with pairings (tho trust me it seems they were holding back) but like the exclusion of Ray is so obvious especially post timeskip and why was it so hard to have them as a trio that really cared about one another so equally. That last shot looks like Ray is just plastered in there half halfheartedly while Emma and Norman are all hand holding. It's just. Lame? It really doesn't strike me any different then most shoujo stories with that exact outline.

Series went from a 9/10 from the beginning to a 6/10. Yikes.
Jun 14, 2020 3:00 PM

Jan 2016
It always hard for me to give a series a used to adore beyond belief a bad or mediocre score, but it has to be done, unfortunately.

But as most people have already said, the first arc is a darn masterpiece and arguably the best first arc of any manga ever in my opinion. What followed was less thrillerish and horroish but I still enjoyed it because I thought that the direction was the most natural one. I actually really like Goldy pond unlike a lot of people

Then came the final arc............ Oh boi

When the mangaka decided to skip the whole "demon village infiltration" part, I knew that something was up. There is no way something that significant in terms of story and world-building should've been just used as a time skip. What followed was a predictable arc with the same old formula getting very tiring, especially Emma, a protagonist I really liked.

Emma was always naive but that was also charming in its own ways, but it can only be charming for as long as its enough to be somewhat relatable o understandable and her character lost that very quickly into the last arc.

I'm not gonna go into story details because but that was equally as bad if not worse than what happened to the characters and suspense.

6/10 is the final score for me as much as it hurts me to give this such a low score as it was a 10/10 and 9/10 manga for such a long time.

I'll still look forward to sensei's next work, hopefully he plans things more carefully this time
Jun 14, 2020 3:02 PM
Oct 2019
This was one of the most interesting manga to read. BUT I'll be fully honest. The story was just so exciting to read, all those complicated patterns to solve, but I think the ending is just way too simple and corny. I really hate this kind of open ending and it feels kinda rushed... I'm really upset that this has to end so early not gonna lie...
Jun 14, 2020 3:12 PM

May 2016
The series was good but the end ... not so much.

As she read the penultimate chapter she expected an end as if the years passed and they did not find her when they knew where she was, she would have died and had become the wind Klaus-style or had left a diary with her memories, the fact that the Promise would not have been fully respected was disappointing and felt like a very regular ending compared to the series (at least they would have met when they were adults, two years is too short).
People asked me where I read certain thing but the rules say no telling where did you read so maybe I am too boring for not saying? Or salty because you didn't check my profile that says don't ask because I hate people to ghost me after that. I love learning languages so maybe I did not read the manga in English?

Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland Chapter 46 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 9, 2017

27 by ShrumGuy »»
Aug 16, 11:32 AM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland Chapter 152 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2019

23 by SCYTHER07 »»
Aug 15, 9:27 AM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland Chapter 2 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 7, 2016

44 by Dii8 »»
Jul 11, 6:12 AM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland Chapter 112 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2018

13 by phantom346 »»
Jul 9, 8:49 PM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland Chapter 111 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 9, 2018

29 by phantom346 »»
Jul 9, 8:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.