Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Gleipnir
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 24, 2020 8:00 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Interesting episode, even with the amount of revelations in place, I have to say that business really started to pick up.

I'm curious about these new characters though...can they really be trusted?
May 24, 2020 8:01 AM

Feb 2018
Looks like Shuuichi has wake up, I saw something naked lol. This was an introduction, Shuuichi seemed to be joining a guild. The members are very attractive especially men who turn into golems, I think they are very suitable when together, yaoi. Besides that, I got interesting information, the cashier who usually serves them in the mart is a guild member who has an invisible ability, look if you can find her, lol. and it also seems like they were discussing the previous incident.

It seems like Chihiro got a memory from Shuuichi, about his past with Erena. Chihiro tried to persuade Erena to tell her what had happened before, Erena was reluctant to answer but she told him that Shuuichi was a special person, the change in form was Shuuichi's ability. Erena seemed very upset and no matter how many times she was persuaded she would remain an enemy.
SyureriaJun 3, 2020 5:37 AM
May 24, 2020 8:06 AM

Nov 2010
kuroneko99@ep3 said:
Incidentally, the VA of the store clerk had too much presence, I misunderstood she might have some role. Was it also a decoy that the school girl who has got the admission right to a college found the protagonists at the store?
My intuition was not so bad. At least, the store clerk got another role as an invisible woman. But what about Mifune, the female classmate? Just a mere support character?
May 24, 2020 9:03 AM

Dec 2019
I don't know if it's just me that thinks the last few episodes were dull and weak, Even including the fight scenes. They haven't felt anything extraordinary and wasn't as good as the match in the second episode.

»»Delievers Here««
★・・・・・・★

"Today might be the chance to grasp
the chance to let your talent bloom" -Tooru Oikawa

-Signature from Annie_Law

May 24, 2020 9:21 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Everything is great but I want the episode where she makes him feel even better
May 24, 2020 9:23 AM
Jul 2019
Dreamxer said:
I don't know if it's just me that thinks the last few episodes were dull and weak, Even including the fight scenes. They haven't felt anything extraordinary and wasn't as good as the match in the second episode.

Nah it’s not just you. They’re really stretching some of these episodes for some reason. The pacing is definitely off, they could be moving the story along much faster. It seems kind of weird for a 12 episode anime to slow down like this, especially since it was probably all completely animated when it started airing or else it would’ve been canceled due to COVID-19 concerns.
May 24, 2020 9:27 AM

Feb 2019
I wonder how old Shuiichi actually is if he and Elena grew up and went to school together. There’s a lot of interesting things that this brings up like how wouldn’t people know he’s older than what he’s pretending to be, his family, etc. Shuiichi was very important to Elena for the mention of him remembering her to bring her to tears.

As usual some nice sex metaphors this episode “was she better than me” “who did you prefer inside of you” etc. Not much action this episode, but some interesting backstory and lore brought up. If someone’s on the verge of 100 coins, it’ll be a big challenge to stop them for sure. Will probably take everyone working together. Combined with the fact that the alien is 100 percent lying to them and we’ve got an interesting set up.

Can’t wait to see where it goes next episode
May 24, 2020 9:30 AM

May 2018
Oh man Chihiro doesn't know what she's asking elena, good thing Elena refuses.
May 24, 2020 9:39 AM

Jul 2017
Shuichi's young introduction...all that seemed like a dream, what is all that supposed to be?

Building relations within the team and calling a truce for now, which extends to character development of their numerous powers. The pressing issue though: Shuichi and Yoshioka's involvement with other people (that happened last episode), the lack of plans, and the lowly Yuri fight of Clare and Yoshioka (which brings the sexual innuendos).

Needless to say that even Shuichi has realized that his presence alone is faltering, and someone must be together with him to be one. How long will that statement hold true, we can only see as time passes.

For Yoshioka to call up Elena to inform her of their metamorphosis, it's essentially drawing a trap card, but she has found the puzzle out to Shuichi's lost memories, that sadly Elena once aligned her goals with, and the decision made to separate her ways. And too bad really, now it's essentially the battle to see who gets the 100 coins 1st.

I'd swear this gets more intriguing as the series progresses with no end in sight.
KANLen09May 24, 2020 9:43 AM
May 24, 2020 9:49 AM

Jan 2014
Makes me wonder why she blocked his memories if I'm guessing correctly. Is it because of this whole alien/coin gathering thing? That she killed her parents, and wants to hide what she became from him on an emotional scale?

Either way, an interesting episode.
May 24, 2020 9:52 AM

Oct 2017
And the mystery intensifies, now I'm dying to know Elena and Shuuichi's backstory. The story's getting really intriguing with every episode. Also I'm sad to say this but looks like Mifune's gonna die real soon but I really hope I'm wrong.
May 24, 2020 9:55 AM

Jan 2011
Interesting they slowed down a bit and add it few filler scenes
really wonder how much they plan to adapt from the manga, they still didn't announced number of episodes yet
May 24, 2020 10:25 AM

Nov 2018
We got to see more of Shuiichi and Elena's backstory which makes me interested to see what is going on there. I think Shuiichi must have been really important in Elena's life.

We also have Chihiro calling up Elena to tell her about the metamorphosis. She got her phone number by taking it from the memories she saw of Shuiichi. Chihiro was then trying to ask Elena about what happened between her and Shuiichi but Elena would give no answer.

The story of this anime is getting more intriguing and I wanna find out where the story will take us next. Episode 9 next week!

[font="\"Helvetica Neue\", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif"]I'm level on MAL-Badges. View my badges.[/font]

[/center]
May 24, 2020 10:46 AM

Jul 2017
oof the Chihiro ship seems to be pulling full steam ahead, looks like she's more in sync with Shuuichi than claire is lel.

but idk why but the dialogue felt so random for most of this ep, and not in a good way.
May 24, 2020 10:47 AM

Jul 2014
Please, Chihiro, stop meddling where you shouldn't, you just keep raising death flags xD. And Mifune... it's obvious she's gonna get involved in all this sooner or later dammit.

Nice to see Clair get mad now and not before, she was worried about Shuichi's safety first.

So that metamorphosis is only achieved if they both have the same goal, well, they'll have to work on it. That tease...

That camera head is really annoying.

From Elena's words it seems that there is time travel/time lines involved and there was already someone who managed to collect the 100 coins and she is looking for it not to happen again but this time without Shuichi's help or something like that. Huh...

That convinience store girl <3
May 24, 2020 10:53 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Dreamxer said:

I don't know if dull and weak would be the terms I would use, but the pacing has definitely seems to slow down to a crawl. I'm totally unfamiliar with the source material so I don't know if they're stretching things to end a certain place. I agree that the last couple of episodes have some oomph missing.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

May 24, 2020 10:57 AM

Dec 2015
Interesting. Didn't remember the girl from the convenience story.
Was the guy with the dog (with the leg cut off) at the end the one later with Elena (with a bit weird/changed hairstyle)?

Clearly the memories of the main were altered. Elena must have went to that cram school and by hiding memories of her it also hid the memories of all the other students.

We just don't know yet why the memories got hidden. And if it was by her or by someone else.

Maybe the other girl with the bike where the main helped ... wants to get closer to him - but is too shy and tried to hide his memories of Elena instead. Or Elena hid them herself because something sad between them happened and she does not want him to remember - even though she knew it would destroy their friendship. Or some 3rd party interferred.

But most likely she hid the memories ... cause she was so sure that he would not remember the number. (Must mean because she knew the memories got altered ... because she did it?) She seemed to cry ... sad ... or happy (that after all the blocking he still held onto the memories deep inside him).

If memories can be altered (like with the cram school) and not only completely removed ... it would make sense if the thing that needed to be removed had started with the cram school. (There might another char be involved maybe.)
May 24, 2020 11:17 AM

Nov 2014
So many death flags.
I really wonder how will this play out. The thing Elena suggested about 100 coins being already collected could turn everything upside down - possibly it's even related to Schuuichi's past?
I didn't expect to get so invested in this anime, I kinda regret I didn't wait until season's end before starting it.
May 24, 2020 11:21 AM

Feb 2020
Another episode of Gleipnir ..
In this case, it was one with little action but with plenty of details revealed from Shuiichi's past:
-His fairly close relationship with Elena (Why don't you remember anything?)
-The true utility of its power

Also, Clair stood up straight: Who was better, her or me?

Interesting episode but that undoubtedly leaves us looking forward to the next week!
May 24, 2020 11:40 AM
Jan 2017
This was a fine episode and I can't wait to see what happens next.
May 24, 2020 11:52 AM

Apr 2015
Interesting and mysterious developments!

Shuuichi doesn't have any memory from the transformation with Chihiro, while Chihiro remembers everything and managed to contact Elena through memories of Shuuichi!

Something or someone has meddled with Shuuichi's memories, much to the surprise of Elena it seems! Joining Chihiro on this one, Elena is not a bad person... atleast it's what I want to believe for now

Something shady is going on with Abukawa, I feel like he's somehow involved in all of that is happening around town.
May 24, 2020 12:18 PM

Oct 2010
I was said last week, the GLEIPNIR translator needs to be fired. Every week or so they've had a major error. Yet another major error in GLEIPNIR translation this week. Biggest one yet.

Very early in the episode the subs say "we think he was Claire's ally". But it should say "Clair's sister's ally". You can hear in Japanese he says "Clair no Onee-san" when talking about this. I was just being a jerk when I said they should be fired by they're literally not doing their job. After so many errors something needs to be done.
May 24, 2020 12:23 PM

Feb 2020
I want Shuichi to regain his memories

tysm iva-🐢💜

May 24, 2020 12:26 PM

Mar 2010
Man I was hoping to see Clair get it on with shuichi. I 'm loving her jealously and insecurities.

Chihiro Having sympathy for Erena is no good.. so its best she doesn't go inside of him again and revives his old memories.. Else they could die from hesitation.

I wonder why his memories were erased though?

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
May 24, 2020 12:37 PM

Jun 2017
Shuuichi has no luck with women.

Chihiro hides super important intel from him (and from the whole group).

Clair seems to genuinely care to some extent but she would still go down the "I'll take you with my body then." route out of jealousy.

Elena is the worst offender with the whole sealed memories and life altering events lol.

I just wonder how Nana will fit into all of this. (unless she turns out irrelevant in the end)

And despite this, virgin camera guy thinks Shuuichi is an absolute womanizer chad. lmao

May 24, 2020 12:44 PM
Apr 2020
After three slower episodes we got finally one full of mystery and intrigue.

I've got the feeling that the changes in Shuuichis memories were purposefully altered to change his personality in a way. He is now a insecure loner, but it seems he had many friends at some point...that would be effed up, so I hope I'm wrong but that's the feeling I got
May 24, 2020 12:59 PM
Mar 2015
Shuunichi is more powerful than we thought The girls are buzzing around him all knowing more than him
May 24, 2020 1:01 PM
Jul 2018
deaf_amish_guy said:
Dreamxer said:

Nah it’s not just you. They’re really stretching some of these episodes for some reason. The pacing is definitely off, they could be moving the story along much faster. It seems kind of weird for a 12 episode anime to slow down like this, especially since it was probably all completely animated when it started airing or else it would’ve been canceled due to COVID-19 concerns.

this anime is going to have only 12 episodes? :o
May 24, 2020 1:01 PM

Nov 2017
Chihiro is now prepared to fully take Claire on to win Shuichi over. Therefor she must die because Claire is best girl. Like what is she talkin about Claire and Shuichi have become one already

Those lost memories could also be quite interesting. I assume the shadows in it are Claire's sister.

plz @ me
May 24, 2020 1:06 PM
Nov 2019
So the pace of adaptation has definitely slowed - this Ep. finishes at Volume 4 Page 140.

They did slip in a piece of extra information about the cram school that occurs later in the LN which drops big hints that Elena isn't the only thing that's been erased from Shuichi's mind. But they left out the fact that he can't even smell the invisible girl and after the demo of clare being inside him they all stood around discussing what would happen if each one of them got inside (much to the disgust of Clare & Shuichi). They also left out the discussion that Shuichi and Clare had about keeping Sanbe secret as a "trump card"

Chapter 24 - let the death-match coin collecting begin....
May 24, 2020 1:10 PM
Nov 2019
024 said:
Chihiro is now prepared to fully take Claire on to win Shuichi over. Therefor she must die because Claire is best girl. Like what is she talkin about Claire and Shuichi have become one already

Those lost memories could also be quite interesting. I assume the shadows in it are Claire's sister.

Yes - the erased memories of a girl are Claire's sister Elena.

May 24, 2020 3:15 PM
Jul 2019
shdz said:
deaf_amish_guy said:

this anime is going to have only 12 episodes? :o

Actually I’m not sure anymore. I could’ve sworn it said 12 episodes on the description when it first started but now it says unknown. I hope it has more than 12 given the current pacing lol
May 24, 2020 7:39 PM

Jan 2013
i have a feeling plant ogre kid is gonna have a horrific end, he has death flag written all over him.
speaking of death flags, Chihiro is gonna end up beheaded if she continues to pull stunts like she did with the sister
May 24, 2020 8:34 PM
Mar 2020
Kougeru said:
I was said last week, the GLEIPNIR translator needs to be fired. Every week or so they've had a major error. Yet another major error in GLEIPNIR translation this week. Biggest one yet.

Very early in the episode the subs say "we think he was Claire's ally". But it should say "Clair's sister's ally". You can hear in Japanese he says "Clair no Onee-san" when talking about this. I was just being a jerk when I said they should be fired by they're literally not doing their job. After so many errors something needs to be done.
Funimation being incompetent? You don't say!
May 24, 2020 9:00 PM

Aug 2018
Another fantastic episode. I believe we’re about to see a 4 way cat fight break out at anytime. Lol
May 24, 2020 9:34 PM

Jun 2019
So you can lie to a team member without betraying your team.
lettuce<3
May 24, 2020 10:09 PM

Nov 2016
Dreamxer said:

You arent the only one, caught myself skipping scenes during the last two episodes. Haven't read the source but doubt the pace is this slow.
May 24, 2020 10:16 PM
Anime Archivist

Aug 2019
Hmm.. just an ok episode. There's been better when it comes to Gleipnir. Talking to Clair's sister is a ballsy move but.. ok.
May 24, 2020 10:55 PM
Apr 2020
So it was revealed by Yoshioka that Elena and Shuichi are old friends and probably old lovers. I also think that Yoshioka is telling the truth, Clair and Shuichi cannot become ONE YET because she's not a monster. I guess Clair will use the coin to gain the transforming ability. When that happens, for sure, they will be formidable.
May 25, 2020 4:15 AM

Jul 2016
dannymilk said:
i have a feeling plant ogre kid is gonna have a horrific end, he has death flag written all over him.
speaking of death flags, Chihiro is gonna end up beheaded if she continues to pull stunts like she did with the sister

Yeah I was half expecting her to be killed this episode.

On a side note I want to see Yuta fight.
May 25, 2020 6:12 AM

Dec 2016

Marinate1016 said:
I wonder how old Shuiichi actually is if he and Elena grew up and went to school together. There’s a lot of interesting things that this brings up like how wouldn’t people know he’s older than what he’s pretending to be, his family, etc. Shuiichi was very important to Elena for the mention of him remembering her to bring her to tears.

Wait aren't they in the same age?

Kougeru said:

I didn't even realize that. When exactly they say this?

Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.98/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.168/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.89/? - weekly)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.66/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.55/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
May 25, 2020 7:56 AM
Jan 2019
this is getting interesting our main character is more power full than I thought
May 25, 2020 8:22 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Explanations to the power of Shuichi got blasted. Yet, kinda weird with that shit, making all people entering the bodies invunerable and can't die. However, the requirement to form such a powerful monster kinda heavy, to make two different soul into one solid purposes, merge that in perfect harmony, and befriended with it. If they can't be the one, maybe they can't get a revival like happen before. Idk yet, more story might reveal soon.

Interesting too see Clair reaction and a little jealousy. However, thats not her consent afterall. Somehow she just wanna to manipulate Shuichi powers only, and make use of his power by herself. The condition happen with the battle maybe give her some hesitations that Shuichi may forget about her. Just maybe. And with the scenes when she hold that coin in the end, maybe she want to make a wish to change too?

In general, the episode felt too strong and the transitions were too fast to me as a solid one episode explaining all that detail of the power, the flashback of Shuichi when he was a little, Yoshioka stories, and the plan to take 100s coin, into only one episode. The transition had noticable good to me. That time when having Mifune screen times again making this episode feel too nice to forget. Glad the hunt for the coin continued, more battle bring more fun to the show. Still waiting how the other ally power can bring victory to accomplish the mission.
badabassMay 25, 2020 8:29 AM
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
May 26, 2020 12:03 AM

Mar 2019
Great episode, the part with Suichi's missing memories looks veri interesting
Even though, I feel the story is a bit rushed sometimes, maybe its better explained in the manga
May 26, 2020 12:05 AM
Mar 2020
It's funny how Chihiro, who is clearly a cute and shy type as a direct opposite to Claire, takes more initiative in approaching Shuichi than Claire herself. She's a lot more predatorial than Claire. It makes me think that she uses her cute outlook as a skin to hide her predatory nature - a direct opposite to Claire. I kinda lowkey wan't her to perish for the errogance of CONTACTING THE VERY ENEMY THEY NEARLY DIED TO.

Strangely, Chihiro made me like Claire more.
May 26, 2020 12:19 AM

Jul 2016
Honestly, I would have liked to see Claire making Shuuichi "feel even better". I mean, in the end it wouldn't look that unnatural/out of the blue considering the show we are talking about.

Anyways, another interesting episode overall. As expected, we learned a bit more about Shuuichi's past as well as his special ability. So whoever shares the same goal as him can "unlock" his hidden powers, uh? Not a really demanding requirement if I'm honest but it's Claire we are talking about. Guess she will need to tone her craziness down a bit and start finding a midpoint between her goal and Shuuichi's.

On the other hand, Yoshioka sure was playing with fire when she decided to call Elena. As soon as she mentioned Shuuichi's name to her, I was almost sure she would die but it seems the info she had about his memories not being totally erased was enough to avoid such fate. Not gonna lie, the mystery surrounding Elena and MC's relationship is starting to become really intriguing so I hope next episode gives even more focus on that matter.

Some minor things about the episode:
- Claire looking like she was about to rip Yoshioka's head off for being inside her man was kinda funny.
- The kid who can control plants is absurdly adorable but I have a feeling he'll die horribly. Hope I'm wrong.
- Camera head looks like the kind of character who will screw it big later on and will have half of his group getting brutally killed due to it. Hope I'm wrong x2.

Anyways, looking forward to next week!
May 26, 2020 3:46 AM
Nov 2019
some of the flashback scenes were from another chapter and were not in the LN segment adapted, which may explain some of the odd pacing.

Ep.8 = Volume 4 chapters 20-24.

Yoshioka's - transformation into a fox isn't because she likes animals (as she told Shuichi) but because she's cunning like a fox, and uses information she has to her advantage, in some ways she could be more manipulative than Clare.

I'm not sure how the "being one" works but it looks like their feelings have to be in sync, not sure if both parties need to be "Collectors" and if Clare would have died if she was squashed inside Shuichi, but the fact the metamorphosis undid as soon as Yoshioka started preventing Shuichi from killing Elena seems to indicate that's how it works.

Apart from remembering Shuichi's memories Yoshioka doesn't seem to have acquired any new powers at this point - not sure why Shuichi's memory is blank though as you would expect him to remember hers.

It's pretty clear that Shuichi & Elena were "One" at some time - I wonder if it was them that killed the parents after some heated parent vs daughter+boyfriend argument...

May 26, 2020 3:56 AM

Oct 2016
Well pretty interesting episode kinda slow but, more info and plot being revealed to us is always welcome.
May 26, 2020 1:46 PM
Aug 2017
Interesting soundtrack, in the first minutes at school part where shuichi was a kid, gave me some chill happy lo fi vibes, also when the main drama of the episode started on that smartphone call (WHO DOES THAT IN NOW A DAYS?) was pretty dark and interesting.

But this Shuichi flashbacks plot, with the boring tv transition having problems edit was very boring, that chracter with a camera placed in the head is completely out nowhere acting like shuichi is evil, that invisible lady was too meeh, that guy in the suit sunddely assumed a perv personality, the antagonists for some reason dress black and act like they are too good, but are to blend in the mystery plot that does not gave any glance of charisma

i'm just watching right now because of the concept of having a girl assuming control the the main character powers and some cool transformations

PS: the fuck was that CGI Bike for?
ps2: am i supposed to care about that dog death?
May 26, 2020 2:44 PM

Mar 2017
The mystery of Shuichi and Elena's shared past has me so curious! I'm too impatient for this stuff haha I feel like Elena isn't the villain she was previously made out to be and I'm actually more distrustful of Claire than her sister... there's just something really off with her still.

I'm guessing from when Elena said 'what if someone already has 100 coins' that there is someone who's already achieved that goal and her group's goal is actually to stop people getting 100 coins. I'm also going to guess that if someone does have 100 coins already, it's related to Shuichi's power and lost memories in some way...
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gleipnir Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KANLen09 - Jun 28, 2020

196 by BiggKab »»
Apr 5, 3:51 AM

Poll: » Gleipnir Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 7, 2020

93 by sapphiron22 »»
Dec 11, 2023 11:15 PM

Poll: » Gleipnir Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Jun 21, 2020

142 by nanajp »»
Dec 4, 2023 7:14 AM

Poll: » Gleipnir Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 14, 2020

90 by nanajp »»
Dec 4, 2023 7:13 AM

Poll: » Gleipnir Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 31, 2020

73 by nanajp »»
Dec 4, 2023 7:11 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.